PDA

View Full Version : Magic Weapon Lacking Bonus

Nickademus
November 25th, 2016, 00:50
In regards to the 5e ruleset:

I can't test this myself as I do not have an official product that has a magic weapon in the module lists, but it seems that a weapon with a value in the bonus field (the <bonus> xml tag) does not display the Bonus line in the item's window for the module reference. If drug to the campaign list and view, it then is displayed when the item's window.

Magical armor that has a value in the bonus field in a module successfully shows the Bonus line in the item's window though. Given the placement of field such as type, subtype and rarity, I imagine the reference class that is being used to display the items from the campaign's item list is different than what is being used to display them in the module (reference_weapon and reference_armor). My guess is that the class definition for reference_weapon has an error that prevents the display of the bonus field.

Zacchaeus
November 25th, 2016, 11:48
Looking at the DMG Longsword +1 the +1 bonus shows whether I open the item from the Items list or from the Library list. Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying?

Nickademus
November 25th, 2016, 22:56
I don't think you are misunderstanding. Though I don't have the DMG FG module so I can't see the difference. I'll try to provide recreation steps in a clean 5e campaign or module...

LordEntrails
November 26th, 2016, 00:02
fyi, I've seen something like this when I grab an item template and not the item itself. that might be worth investigating.

Nickademus
November 26th, 2016, 01:08
I think the item templates are all in the DMG (which I don't have). So that is not what I'm encountering.

Blackwolf
November 29th, 2016, 18:09
What is the item? some magic weapons don't have a bonus like the flaming sword its just a magic weapon that can flame on and do an extra 2d6 fire damage, as most monsters now only require a magic weapon or such to hit not one of a certain bonus level.