PDA

View Full Version : How do you add a spell to AD&D by Psicodelix

Rlvaughn
November 24th, 2016, 13:20
I found the AD&D rule set recently and it looks perfect, until I try to add a spell. There isn't a button and right clicking does nothing

damned
November 24th, 2016, 13:37
I found the AD&D rule set recently and it looks perfect, until I try to add a spell. There isn't a button and right clicking does nothing

Hey Rlvaughn many older rulesets (and some newer ones) are incomplete or changes to the underlying engine have broken things in them...
Have you looked at Castles&Crusades?

Rlvaughn
November 24th, 2016, 13:49
I read that a lot of people think it works well for 2nd Ed but I'm a little skeptical about buying without trying. I read a mention of 'rolling back to FG2. do you know if that is possible and dou you have a thread link?

JohnD
November 24th, 2016, 14:36
No way to roll back your FG version.

At $10 (discounted to $7.49 in the current sale) you really can't go wrong. Frankly there probably isn't a ruleset that you need to pay for that gives you better value for the price. That $7.49 gets you everything you need to run a game - the PHB, MM and even Treasure/Magic items.

You. Can't. Go. Wrong.

That said, if you want to observe a game in action before parting with the equivalent of one "specialty" coffee at Starbucks, I have something scheduled for tonight at 7:30 PM Central that you're welcome to connect to and watch (assuming my player's availability isn't impacted by the US holiday).

Hope I'm not under selling C&C here. :)

vodokar
November 24th, 2016, 18:04
The old AD&D ruleset is obsolete and was never really finished in the first place.

I will make you aware that I am currently working on a new AD&D ruleset (totally unrelated to the old one). You can follow the progress here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35195-AD-amp-D-Ruleset-Progress. I believe I can have it done in a couple more months, more or less.

In the mean time, you can't go wrong with trying out C&C. And because my new ruleset is built layered upon the C&C ruleset ie. is dependent on it being there, you will be all set for when the new ruleset launches.

Damned, and JohnD. You can go ahead and refer people to my project that are asking questions about AD&D. While it is still a work in progress, I guarantee it will be finished, and to be honest, even if it were released today, it probably already has more functionality than that old ruleset ever did, which was a benefit of layering it on C&C.

Rlvaughn
November 25th, 2016, 00:42
I had bought d20modern earlier and it wasn't the right fit for my campaign. That is why I hesitated on the purchace. but yeah in those terms, for the price of a cup of over priced Joe, did ring true.

Rlvaughn
November 25th, 2016, 00:44
I cant wait to see it. I am so grateful there are people who can and are willing to code mods like this. I feel in over my head at the thought of it.

Rook
November 25th, 2016, 01:12
Hi Rlvaughn,

The AD&D 2nd edition works - it just takes a little patience.

Click on the word "Level" on the spell tab.

I thought it didn't work also. There really is no instructions on "how to" for this ruleset.

Rlvaughn
November 25th, 2016, 23:39
Brilliant, Thanks Rook.