PDA

View Full Version : odd dice rolls

Tibius
November 24th, 2016, 06:22
I have seen a post or two somewhere about the dice in FG rolling the same over and over again.. I just experienced something like this..I was testing out something and was rolling a D20 and noticed I was getting consistant low numbers.. after about 20 rolls I decided to roll 20 d20 dice at a time. I never got a number over 12 they were all 12 and under.. I rolled this combination of 20 d20 about 30 times and it never got above 12 for the highest dice.

I then shut down FG and reloaded it... after I reloaded FG I the dice seemed to work fine . all my 20 d20 rolls were ok I got samples of the whole spectrum.. So there was a definite problem there.. don't know how the dice are seeded randomly but something was wrong. I have been using FG for over a year and this was the first time I saw this happen.

new update and 5e ruleset

Moon Wizard
November 24th, 2016, 07:04
This has come up from time to time, and it's just the nature of randomness. The FG engine uses a physics simulation of the actual dice, and imparts a random orientation on the die when picked up as well as using your mouse throw vector as the initial force vector (or a random direction/force if mouse vector too small).

Regards,
JPG