PDA

View Full Version : DM Guild Purchase Not Reflected Here

tpkurilla
November 23rd, 2016, 19:59
Greetings,

I've purchased "DDEX1 Tyranny of Dragons Complete Bundle [BUNDLE]" from Dungeon Masters Guild (www.dmsguild.com), which contains the FG package for the bundle.

When I go to "Complete the Set", the purchase is not reflected there, so I would effectively be buying the package again.

Two questions:

1) What is the difference between what I purchased on dmsguild.com and what you have here.
2) Is it possible to "Complete the Set" without re-purchasing items that I've already got?

Thanks in advance,

-Thomas

Trenloe
November 23rd, 2016, 20:05
DDEX1 Tyranny of Dragons Complete Bundle [BUNDLE] ("https://www.dmsguild.com/product/170765/DDEX1-Tyranny-of-Dragons-Complete-Bundle-BUNDLE) is not part of the WotC official core product line. They are Adventurers League products.

Complete the Set is just for the WotC official product that SmiteWorks produce for Fantasy Grounds. It does not include DMs Guild products.

Only the products that you see when you "Complete the Set" are included: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/productbundle.php?bundleid=WOTC5EBUNDLE

tpkurilla
November 23rd, 2016, 20:16
Does the purchase at DMs Guild contain the module that you're selling here?

If so, then I would be purchasing the same item twice...

(Sorry if this seems like I'm being dense...)

damned
November 23rd, 2016, 20:46
Hi tpkurilla I dont know whats in the DMsGuild bundle you are pointing to but for complete the set if you have one or more items already you can complete the set by adding the rest of those that are part of the set that Trenloe highlights, in the one transaction. If you Complete the Set you will gain an additional discount on all those items that are in the cart and are part of that set. So if you already own Core Classes and Lost Mines of Phandelver dont add them but you would add everything else. Its not for everybody, it is a lot of dollars, but if you do like to get everything its a good discount - especially when it stacks with the current sale.

I hope (but Im not positive) that info made sense :)

tpkurilla
November 23rd, 2016, 21:01
Thanks, damned. That totally does make sense.

The issue I'm trying to straightened out is whether there is any content in common between the bundle I got on DMs Guild and the product with (seemingly) the same name here.

I'm beginning to get the impression that having the same name does not mean they contain the same information. I'm just trying to verify that before I take advantage of the currently-very-low prices.

The original reply said that it wasn't a WotC product. In fact, it is a WotC product. So I am trying to narrow this down.

-Thomas

damned
November 23rd, 2016, 21:15
I just had a look. The DMsGuild bundle is all Adventurers League material and is not included in any of the FG Complete The Set content. I dont believe there is any duplicated products between them. There may be soe duplicated material with HotDQ or RoT but only as there is setting crossover.... I think....!

tpkurilla
November 23rd, 2016, 21:34
Alright, thanks for the effort.

I will likely complete my set while the sale is going on...but I cannot seem to find an end date for the "Black Friday" sale that just started.

-Thomas

ddavison
November 23rd, 2016, 21:40
The DDEX series is the adventure league series that ran parallel to the Hoard of the Dragon Queen and The Rise of Tiamat adventures. These are different products set during the same world-shaking events. The NPCs, some locations, maps and story should be different between the two products.

The Black Friday Sale runs through Nov 29th.

tpkurilla
November 23rd, 2016, 21:45
Thank you for the clarification!

...and now I know how long I have to pick up the current specials!

Many thanks all around.

-Thomas