PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday Sales Starting Now, Another Giveaway and Nominations for Steam Awards

ddavison
November 23rd, 2016, 18:21
BLACK FRIDAY SALES
If you haven't already spotted it, the Black Friday Sale began early this morning on our website and just now launched over on Steam. There are some great deals to be had with a very large chunk of the catalog on sale for 25% off, some items up to 50% off and bundles that can get you 45% or 50% off if you Complete the Set. The sale runs through November 29th.

GIVEAWAY
Enter to win this sweepstakes and you can pick anything from our store for your winnings. If you already own everything you want, you can even choose something recently purchased and your "win" will be a full refund for that item. Purchasing won't increase your odds of winning.
You can enter from the Facebook page and visiting Giveaway or from here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/home/BlackFriday2016.php

STEAM Award Nominations
Steam is hosting nominations for your favorite games and in a number of different categories. Let us know what categories you think might apply to FG and if we are award worthy.
https://store.steampowered.com/SteamAwardNominations/

damned
November 23rd, 2016, 20:49
What category should we vote for FG in...?

ddavison
November 23rd, 2016, 21:14
What category should we vote for FG in...?

That is up to you guys to pick. The Test of Time award seems like it would be my choice.

damned
November 23rd, 2016, 21:18
You need to go to the main product page - https://store.steampowered.com/app/252690/?snr=1_7_7_151_150_1 and then you can vote for Fantasy Grounds :)

ddavison
November 23rd, 2016, 21:32
There is also a Nominate this Game option on the Fantasy Grounds store page here:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/252690

Raxxillion
November 24th, 2016, 00:36
I chose "Game within a game", because I thought of all the limitless possibilities of games you can play within the software. Though I could change my FG vote to something else needed if the community is picking something else.

JohnD
November 24th, 2016, 01:27
I'd rather have a live DM than a predetermined rail road. Hope you guys get some good votes.

Varsuuk
November 24th, 2016, 01:38
oooo cool, heading over for the nom stuff!

Varsuuk
November 24th, 2016, 02:05
I thought about it and selected "Game within a Game" - I agree it would be perfect for "The Test of Time" ... but, I'd like them to win or at least be in top 3... I fear "Test of Time" will be won by a Half-Life, Portal, Baldur's Gate, etc - a really old PC game still played today.

I think we can beat Game within Game competition for sure (if enough people actually pay attn to this and consider voting!)

Mortar
November 24th, 2016, 02:29
Voted

gqwebb
November 24th, 2016, 04:34
That is up to you guys to pick. The Test of Time award seems like it would be my choice.

Done! Thanks for the great sale selection.

Kronides
November 24th, 2016, 07:04
Hi guys,

vote placed in "Test of Time" category since that makes the most sense.

Just curious. If I previously bought the Full 5E bundle and now it has a couple of new items in, when I 'Complete the Set' again should the current discount for SKT stack with the bundle discount?
I just tried it and it didn't which is not what I expected. ***This is the result of doing maths without drinking my afternoon coffee first, please ignore, it works just fine - GO BUY STUFF***

Cheers,
Mike

Moon Wizard
November 24th, 2016, 07:07
Send a note to Doug at [email protected]

I believe the Complete the Set bundle option should stack with the sale price. However, you will only see the final prices in the shopping cart in the total. (There's a discount line.) If you're not seeing this, make sure to use the Complete the Set bundle link to have the system all the items it thinks you need to complete the bundle. If this is not correct, then let Doug know.

Also, the Steam store and web store are independently managed, and don't know about each others purchases. (Steam doesn't provide user details to us.) So if you bought some from each, you'll also need to let Doug know so he can help set it up for you.

Regards,
JPG

Talley Darkstar
November 25th, 2016, 19:46
Voted! "I thought this game was cool before it won an award"

ddavison
November 27th, 2016, 14:33
Congratulations to John B from the UK for winning the sweepstakes for Any Item of your Choice. I've sent off an email to the winner.

LordEntrails
November 27th, 2016, 16:50
Congrats John!
Thanks Doug and crew for this latest opportunity.

MarianDz
November 27th, 2016, 17:11
Congratulation to winer :)

JerryRig
November 28th, 2016, 01:44
From the website for the contest:

"The contest runs from November 23, 2016 through November 27 at midnight. ..."

It's 7:40pm Central time right now on the 27th and the drawing is closed?

What time zone was this running in?

ddavison
November 28th, 2016, 04:34
Sorry, it must have been set correctly for the date but it ended earlier in the date -- right around 9:30 p.m. EST.

Varsuuk
November 28th, 2016, 04:43
Dammit, I want a recount... ok...NOT the right time to joke about that ;)

So my pal waits longer for an FG client ;) Eventually I'll get him on board

LordEntrails
November 28th, 2016, 04:53
Damned electoral time zones! I think we should switch to a popular time zone! One Person, One vote, err, I mean Time!

JohnD
November 28th, 2016, 05:12
It's only about $30. That's less than a dinner at a pizza place and a couple of beers.

Varsuuk
November 28th, 2016, 07:54
It's only about $30. That's less than a dinner at a pizza place and a couple of beers.

Yup that's no prob. Thing is convincing him to play remotely.
I have my hopes. Got him to agree to try WoD - I have zero (well one encounter) EXP with SW. Will be reading module soon to try it on FG.

if i can sell him when "demo" that and later some C&C remote play, will see if can get him to agree to use for more freq 5e/other play via FG.

if he likes it he will buy the std. I will immediately upgrade him next sale which i believe a better investment than getting wife and son two stds. I have ultimate (and several hundred clams of purchased FG stuff) He changed jobs after it moved to another state and is on limited budget esp since we already play (infrequently) in person as he drives from Long Island to Westchester.

Nylanfs
November 28th, 2016, 14:03
Rent the Ultimate Sub for a month and get him to play a couple of times during the winter thereby showing how he doesn't have to go out into the cold. :)

JerryRig
November 28th, 2016, 14:31
I didn't get back to a computer until about the time I posted and thats why when I tried to get into the drawing I was bummed out. You know us FG lifers love our shots at free stuff :)

Congratulations to the winner ....I'm envious so make good use of it and tell us what you got.

Varsuuk
November 28th, 2016, 19:04
Rent the Ultimate Sub for a month and get him to play a couple of times during the winter thereby showing how he doesn't have to go out into the cold. :)
I own Ultimate. That's not the thing. I'm just looking ahead with positive vibes that he WILL like playing on it. If he does then I'd like him to have ultimate as well to DM with since I will use "free" version on wife and son's computers to connect to me when I DM.

Hopefully we will have time to try it out before xmas sales done but I suspect Ultimate will wait until Soring sale since we will not likely get enough time for him to feel it out this time.

Which is fine, until it returns on sale - I'll DM for us and he can use free client too.

Litvyak
November 29th, 2016, 14:43
What happened to the sale? I thought it was running through the 29th?

ddavison
November 29th, 2016, 14:50
It ran until the 29th. It is still up on Steam for a few more hours since their sales don't end or start until 10 am Pacific.

There is typically a second holiday sale each year if you missed it this time around and are not in a hurry to pick up the items.

Litvyak
November 29th, 2016, 15:25
Disappointing, but I suppose I can wait.

LindseyFan
November 30th, 2016, 12:53
I need the next holiday sale to come and a special someone to forget he already bought me an Xmas gift. Hehehe

ddavison
November 30th, 2016, 13:02
I need the next holiday sale to come and a special someone to forget he already bought me an Xmas gift. Hehehe

Well, you should have a couple weeks to work your magic. :)

spite
December 1st, 2016, 02:03
Having missed this sale for a lot of the stuff I wanted, this bring me great pleasure (and great sadness to the Mrs)

LindseyFan
December 1st, 2016, 02:07
Having missed this sale for a lot of the stuff I wanted, this bring me great pleasure (and great sadness to the Mrs)

Make sure to thank her and say something extra sweet like: "I love RPG gaming honey, but you are my real fantasy."

That should be good for a few extra token packs.

spite
December 1st, 2016, 02:49
Make sure to thank her and say something extra sweet like: "I love RPG gaming honey, but you are my real fantasy."

She plays, thankfully, so I can try things like "Look at all this cool stuff that I bought for US"

LordEntrails
December 1st, 2016, 03:16

Your skills at manipulation worry me. I'm pretty sure I'm thankful that I only know you on the forums!

Bidmaron
December 1st, 2016, 03:58
I'm pretty sure she's a woman. What male her hasn't suffered (enjoyed?) the artful ways of a woman?

LindseyFan
December 1st, 2016, 04:01
Your skills at manipulation worry me. I'm pretty sure I'm thankful that I only know you on the forums!
*Sigh* tiz a curse it doesn't work outside the walls of this gilded prison.

Bruxy
December 2nd, 2016, 13:47
Congratulations to John B from the UK for winning the sweepstakes for Any Item of your Choice. I've sent off an email to the winner.

Thanks guys! This has to be the best way to register your first post on a forum :)

Sorry it took so long to get in here and respond; been away in the US all week. Having been spoiled by a truly excellent DM who introduced me to D&D and FG a couple of years back, I took the plunge and bought the Ultimate Edition literally the same day I entered the competition. Really looking forward to running my first sessions as DM and bringing some new friends into the hobby. Winning the 5e PHB Deluxe is definitely going to help with that!

Varsuuk
December 2nd, 2016, 14:12
Awesome :)

I wish you much success in growing the movement!
Welcome aboard here as well. Tell any friends who play FG that registering here is a great idea, we have cake* and folks here go out of their way to help out with questions/advice.

* Sorry, the Cake is a Lie.

LindseyFan
December 2nd, 2016, 14:26
It always makes me happy when I see cool people win. Congrats!

*there really was cake at one point - sorry