PDA

View Full Version : is death permenant

thanatos0
November 23rd, 2016, 02:32
does anyone know how to revive a player as a dm I can't seem to find the answer on here I was running a test campaign and I killed one of the pc's how do I bring him back to life?

LordEntrails
November 23rd, 2016, 02:37
You mean in FG or do you mean per the 5E rules?

In FG, just give him/her hitpoints.

Per the rules, check out the spells; revivify, resurrection, reincarnation, & true resurrection

LordEntrails
November 23rd, 2016, 02:37
Oh, and Welcome!

thanatos0
November 23rd, 2016, 02:41
but when I do that and make a saving throw in FG it says death

damned
November 23rd, 2016, 02:53

Have a look at the bottom of the main sheet and clear the Death Saves

Zacchaeus
November 23rd, 2016, 13:11
does anyone know how to revive a player as a dm I can't seem to find the answer on here I was running a test campaign and I killed one of the pc's how do I bring him back to life?

As said above to revive a player you can enter a figure of wounds back to being less than their maximum hit points. (If they have been the subject of a healing spell then this will be done automatically - if the heal effect has been set up properly). You should also clear any ticks against any Death saving throws if there are any. If you make a death saving throw and the wounds does not exceed the hit points then the save will just say 'Death' in chat but no saving throw has actually been made since one isn't required.

All hit points will also be recovered if the player takes a long rest and any ticks against death saving throws will also be removed.