PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: No License - Email

MMaslow2
November 22nd, 2016, 19:37
Hello Support,

I purchased the monthly subscription for FG. I haven't received my license via email. Please contact me. I really want to use your product, but I've got to say, everything from the tutorials (which includes paid content) to just getting a license has been very difficult for a new D&D player. I chose you guys over Roll20 (free), but I'm totally lost and there's no support number.

Kind regards,
Michael

Trenloe
November 22nd, 2016, 19:40
Welcome!

The key will be sent to the email address registered with the PayPal account. Info in the FAQ here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/faq.php?faq=license_and_purchasing_issues#faq_sube mails Check what email address is assigned to the PayPal account, and also check that the subscription actually went through on PayPal - sometimes it can take a while for PayPal to approve the subscription.

Zacchaeus
November 22nd, 2016, 19:40
Michael, welcome to FG and to the Community.

Send an email to [email protected] and they'll get you sorted out.

(Oh, and make sure you check your junk folder in case the email you are looking for has gone into there.)

And also whatever Trenloe says :)

MMaslow2
November 22nd, 2016, 19:46
Thank you so much for the prompt response. I double checked my paypal, and the email is the same as what I registered for my FG account, I've also been billed. I've read the FAQ (and double checked my spam), but I just really want access as I have a game starting in a few hours. Thanks!

MMaslow2
November 22nd, 2016, 20:16
Hello all - it's been hours and I still don't have my license even though I've been billed. Can you please advise?

Trenloe
November 22nd, 2016, 20:18
Hello all - it's been hours and I still don't have my license even though I've been billed. Can you please advise?
See post #3

MMaslow2
November 22nd, 2016, 20:34
See post #3

Alright - I guess I'll take it up with customer support - which I already did - (in ? days). That... really isn't the best first experience with the product or support. I hoped this could be open/closed. It's $4. Essentially a "trial", with a potential upside of significantly more. I would have thought you'd give me the benefit of the doubt and send a redundant email/followed up within the month or have graced me until things were resolved. Worst case scenario, you lose $4. Best case scenario, I spend hundreds with your company. It's SaaS and I'm paying for the most expensive model. All I want is a quick resolution for something I've already paid for. It's not worth my time to go through customer service over $4. It's not worth your time - or even customer services time. Having this conversation doesn't even make sense from a business perspective. Even less from a customer service perspective.

Trenloe
November 22nd, 2016, 20:48
MMaslow2 - the support team are usually very good in responding to emails sent to that support email address. They are the only ones who have access to the order system and can help you. Zacchaeus and I are just community members with no extra access - we've tried to help and have pointed you in the right direction for deeper assistance.

I'm sure they'll sort you out.

Nickademus
November 22nd, 2016, 20:57
The support email goes directly to Doug's phone (he's the CEO of Smite Works). I would not be surprised at all if you get a response from him in under an hour.

MMaslow2
November 22nd, 2016, 22:44
Resolved. Thanks! Doug reached out with a license.