PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Loads but none of my work is in it.

goonalan
November 22nd, 2016, 13:55
Three weeks into building campaign, loaded it up today and there's nothing there... as in nothing at all- no maps, no images, no... nothing.

3.2.1 Ultimate License

Help!

Pretty Please

damned
November 22nd, 2016, 14:08
Restore a backup.
You do take backups dont you?
If not you really ought to.

In the meantime close Fantasy Grounds and go into your /campaign/name-of-campaign directory and look for the db.session.datestamp.xml files.
Rename your current db.xml as db.20161122.xml and copy the backup file that looks the most appropriate - look at dates and sizes - and rename the copy as db.xml

Launch Fantasy Grounds and test out the file.

goonalan
November 22nd, 2016, 14:31
Alas no, I don't do backups- because I'm not bright (obviously)- I didn't particularly know I could (or how to), I realise that's lame but my only other interaction with computer games (et al) is via Steam. I'm not a computer person.

I did what you said- still nothing.

Still the same campaign file with no actual content.

Just be sure, this is what I did-

0) Copied campaign folder- I'll know in future.

1) Went into campaign file (as above).

2) Found file named db type XML Document- changed it to db.20161122.xml

3) Found last save file (actually there were two marked exactly the same date and time) copied it an renamed it db.xml

Booted up FG- works fine but no content.

Apologies if I am very stupid but I'm from a time before computers, I don't have the ability to intuit how to do things with them.

Thanks for helping, any other suggestions?

Cheers Paul

goonalan
November 22nd, 2016, 14:47
Done it (with your help), pointed FG towards an older file (and deleted the .xml's from both new file names).

Back on track, just lost work from the last day or so.

Thank you very kindly, have a fantastic day- I love this software.

Cheers PDR

LordEntrails
November 22nd, 2016, 14:52
Hey Paul, have you figured out how you are going to do backups in the future? Let us know if you need some help getting that setup :)

damned
November 22nd, 2016, 23:21
Well done goonalan
These extra save versions were introduced I think in 3.2.0
The first time you load a campaign on a new calendar day it will write a backup file
I do recommend though that you periodically right click on the campaign directory you are working/playing on (on splash screen hit folder icon towards upper right hand side and double click campaigns) and send to Compressed file and append a date stamp (like the FG backup has 20161123) and then store that file on your DropBox or OneDrive folder.

LordThom
November 26th, 2016, 00:17
I'm having the same issue I think but I have no previous sessions to work from. I was planning on running CoS this weekend and was going to set up the first few sessions. When I started FG & updated, I had no images/maps, no story, no encounters, nothing. I have been playing around with uninstalling/reinstalling the software & everything else I could think of but I've got nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

damned
November 26th, 2016, 00:51
LordThom send me your email in a PM and Ill have a look with you.

LordEntrails
November 26th, 2016, 01:10
@LordThom, And WELCOME to the community!

damned
November 26th, 2016, 01:48
I'm having the same issue I think but I have no previous sessions to work from. I was planning on running CoS this weekend and was going to set up the first few sessions. When I started FG & updated, I had no images/maps, no story, no encounters, nothing. I have been playing around with uninstalling/reinstalling the software & everything else I could think of but I've got nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This was a case of the Modules not Activated.
All working now.

LordThom
November 26th, 2016, 01:50
Thank you again for all your help.