PDA

View Full Version : Why my NPC HPs are visible to the players in the CT?

ghilteras
November 21st, 2016, 22:18
Hey guys, I just noticed that my players could see the HP of some monsters in the CT. This should not happen, the HP should be visible only to the GM, the players should only be allowed to see the health bar on the NPC token going from green to yellow to orange/red and so on, but not the actual HP of the monster. I understand this should be the default behavior, but apparently for some reason it's not like that on my campaign so any help to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Angelo

LordEntrails
November 21st, 2016, 22:25
Hey Angelo, welcome to the forums :)

Have you checked out this troubleshooting post from Trenloe? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34865-v3-2-x-Issues-Problems-after-updating-Random-script-errors-etc

Did you check to make sure you have the correct GM options set? See: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Options
And make sure to check the options unique to the ruleset you are using.

Next, Assuming you have checked both, what ruleset are you using? The more info you can give us, including screenshots, the quicker we can help you figure it out :)

ghilteras
November 21st, 2016, 22:33
Hey thanks for the warm welcome, I'm using 5e with Lost Mines of Phandelver, the FG version is the latest: 3.2.1

AFAIK no GM options should impact the visibility oh NPC hp on the CT, but if I'm mistaken I can change them accordingly :)

Zacchaeus
November 21st, 2016, 22:38
Indeed hp should not be visible only a health bar on the CT and on the NPC token. There are options in options to restrict what the PCs see on the PC combat tracker but none of them would allow or disallow actual hp.

Just to be clear you are saying that your players are telling you they can see the actual hp of NPCs and not just a coloured bar on their CT.

ghilteras
November 21st, 2016, 23:03
yes, I confirm they could absolutely see the NUMBER of hp of a monster I dragged in the CT.. so either they are all diviners or I did something wrong :)

Trenloe
November 21st, 2016, 23:04
I think you need to verify what the players are actually seeing.

With your campaign running, start a second instance of FG and "Join Game" with a server address of localhost This will connect as a player and you can open the combat tracker and see what the players see. If you can see the HP values on the player side, please post a screenshot of the player side showing the issue and the GM side combat tracker.

Moon Wizard
November 21st, 2016, 23:16
There is an option that will allow players to see the full health of an NPC in their combat tracker. However, this is definitely not the default setting. (Under Combat (GM) section of options, look for option called "View: Health - Non-ally". The default value is "Status")

Regards,
JPG

ghilteras
November 23rd, 2016, 17:31
Thank you Moon Wizard that was it!

Fixed!

Zacchaeus
November 23rd, 2016, 17:56
There is an option that will allow players to see the full health of an NPC in their combat tracker. However, this is definitely not the default setting. (Under Combat (GM) section of options, look for option called "View: Health - Non-ally". The default value is "Status")

Regards,
JPG

Today's lesson, I didn't know that the actual hp were shown. Apologies OP.