PDA

View Full Version : Primeval Thule: Player's Companion 5E - Narrative Tables

Teknykk
November 21st, 2016, 02:02
Hey guys,

I recently got a hold of the Fantasy Grounds copies of all the Primeval Thule modules and found a bit of an error in the character Narratives for tables showing Personality Traits, Ideals, Bonds, and Flaws. It appears the ones for the Golden Sea Corsair are in actual fact missing, and should be the Guardian of the Nine ones based on how they all come out. There's a total of 19 Narratives in the Primeval Thule Setting, and 2 more in the Player's Companion, however only 20 sets of tables are there, and the one used for the above is labelled wrongly.

That said, I personally don't have access to the original PDF files for Primeval Thule and would rather not have to go buy them just to see what the proper information is, and most of the modules have plenty of errors in editing within them in addition to this. I would like to know what the true Golden Sea Corsair Narrative Tables are from whoever can provide them, and perhaps suggest that whoever did the modules consider going over them again to fix any errors and have them updated, because it's a good setting and the modules should've gotten better care than this.

I'm also curious to know if the remaining modules are to be done at all soon, which are: The Lost Tower of Viondor, Seraglio of the Mind, Night of the Yellow Moon, and Acropolis of Voor Darayn - all 5E adventures but not launched in Fantasy Grounds yet. It'd be great to see these added also, and I imagine like myself, any avid Primeval Thule user would buy them in an instant.

Anyway, if anyone can provide full clarification on all of this, I would appreciate it - thanks.

Zacchaeus
November 21st, 2016, 02:06
I'll look into it. I don't know about any further modules other than the ones already out but I'll see if I can find out for you.

Teknykk
November 21st, 2016, 02:11
Thanks mate, I'll be around - so feel free to post here or contact me via private message. One of my players intends to be a Golden Sea Corsair, so it's quite important to know - as for the modules, I'd love to know if anything's going on with them - as they would make for a fine addition to the other six adventures already there and potentially become one mega campaign. I know most of them are on DriveThruRPG, but I don't know anything beyond the fact that they're all adventures.

Zacchaeus
November 21st, 2016, 11:14
Ok, I've had a look and you are right, the tables for the Golden Corsair are actually for the Guardian of the Nine. The Golden Corsair tables are completely missing. I have no idea how I managed to do that but I'll fix it today and ask James to queue it up for release as quickly as possible. Well spotted and thanks for taking the time to report; and apologies for the error.

Teknykk
November 21st, 2016, 11:26
No worries mate, happy to point it out where it has an impact. There's other errors here and there, but I believe they're mostly just parsing or typing errors. That said, I don't have the PDF files, so I can't confirm that entirely. If I notice anything else that's out of place like the Corsair traits, I'll let you know.

Keep me posted on the other modules too, as I'd very much like to see the remaining four adventures done - the setting is great and honestly don't believe I didn't grab it sooner.

Teknykk
November 26th, 2016, 00:15
Sorry for the follow up post, but has an update for this been pushed out yet? I've yet to see it appear via Steam in my updater for Fantasy Grounds.

Zacchaeus
November 26th, 2016, 00:26
No, it hasn't been pushed. Updates aren't usually made for individual modules. Expect it to appear when with the next update to the client (3.2.2) no timeframe for that as yet.

Teknykk
November 26th, 2016, 00:31
Could you possibly send me the Corsair tables via private message then? I have no idea when I expect to start to run this campaign, but I don't expect to be waiting around for the update if it has no timeframe yet - and without the PDF files, I have no knowledge of something I need and should have available for the player who wants to use it.

Zacchaeus
November 26th, 2016, 00:33
Sorry, no that isn't possible.

Teknykk
November 26th, 2016, 00:37
Not to sound snide and I know you've apologised, but I suggest Smiteworks get a better quality assurance team to check over these things beforehand - if people are paying for products that are effectively incomplete due to user error and can't get them sorted until someone can be bothered to do an update, then it's an inconvenience to the people who paid full price for the thing. We quite literally need to either waste money getting a PDF, or put our plans on halt - and this isn't good enough.

Zacchaeus
November 26th, 2016, 11:15
Not to sound snide and I know you've apologised, but I suggest Smiteworks get a better quality assurance team to check over these things beforehand - if people are paying for products that are effectively incomplete due to user error and can't get them sorted until someone can be bothered to do an update, then it's an inconvenience to the people who paid full price for the thing. We quite literally need to either waste money getting a PDF, or put our plans on halt - and this isn't good enough.

I can only apologise again. We do have systems for checking modules before release and that does catch a great deal of errors but unfortunately things still slip through. I know it's frustrating, especially because I can't give you a firm date for the update, but there will be an update.

Teknykk
November 29th, 2016, 02:10
Fair enough. That said, I've noticed the Thulean Dwarf subrace has two alignment entries for its features when the second one should be labelled and parsed as the Secret of Steel feature and as a result of this it isn't going into character sheets. In addition to that, there is no Cosmic or Ophidian Domains parsed under Classes in the Primeval Thule and Primeval Thule Player View modules along with the Races. Everything else relating to Classes or Races appears to be fine however, so if those can be fixed also, I would think some of the more impactful errors are dealt with.

Myrdin Potter
November 29th, 2016, 05:47
If it makes you feel any better, I own the Thule material too and was thinking of running a short campaign with it. Any errors you find and flag and less errors when I start up. That is why I post everything that I find when I am running the mainstream 5e modules. We still find errors there, I would imagine Thule with the much smaller purchase base has even less people finding things.

I know these are products you paid for, but I have now entered enough modules myself (was running Cloud Giant's Bargain tonight for my group that I converted) that I know errors creep in ...

Zacchaeus
November 29th, 2016, 11:29
Fair enough. That said, I've noticed the Thulean Dwarf subrace has two alignment entries for its features when the second one should be labelled and parsed as the Secret of Steel feature and as a result of this it isn't going into character sheets. In addition to that, there is no Cosmic or Ophidian Domains parsed under Classes in the Primeval Thule and Primeval Thule Player View modules along with the Races. Everything else relating to Classes or Races appears to be fine however, so if those can be fixed also, I would think some of the more impactful errors are dealt with.

I'll contact the author to get the Thulean Dwarf subrace features fixed. Unfortunately the Archetypes may be more problematic since FG can't handle an archetype without a class to go with it. In the player's companion I added in the classes from the SRD so that the archetypes would work but the author of the campaign guide didn't do that. I'll note it up and see what transpires.

Hussar
April 17th, 2017, 02:23
Just to reopen this thread, but, is there any ETA for those three modules? That was part of the Kickstarter, I believe, that all three modules would be made available on Fantasy Grounds, and, it's now been well over a year.

LordEntrails
April 17th, 2017, 02:53
Aren't these the three adventures?
1) https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=SGGFG5ESOTMD
2) https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=SGGFG5EWOM
3) https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=SGGFG5EPTRC

Hussar
April 17th, 2017, 06:25
Aren't these the three adventures?
1) https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=SGGFG5ESOTMD
2) https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=SGGFG5EWOM
3) https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=SGGFG5EPTRC

There are three more adventures in the Kickstarter.

Zacchaeus
April 17th, 2017, 10:41
I'm not aware of any further titles from Sasquatch other than what is already in the store.

Tideturner
April 17th, 2017, 14:07
I don't know what deal was made with SW, but in the kickstarter one of the addons that you could purchase had the following text:

+$25 Fantasy Grounds Complete THULE Package: For $25, you'll get the Campaign Setting module, as well as Fantasy Grounds modules for all of the stretch goal files, including the adventures and the player and GM Companions. Just add $25 to your pledge, and you'll also need a Fantasy Grounds account to receive the module once it's ready..

But during the entire kickstarter campaign, and the the following updates, I was always super confused by what was both promised. I'm pretty sure Sasquatch have delivered all the intended to, at least in pdf form.

When I check my modules it seems everything was delivered, except the three adventures Hussar is asking about.

Those three adventures were part of the Adventurer reward tier.
- Seraglio of the Mind (David Noonan)
- Night of the Yellow Moon (John Dunn)
- The Lost Tower of Viondor (Jason Nelson)

One of the adventures (Seraglio of the Mind) wasn't completed so they delivered another one (Acropolis of Voor Darayn) instead.

Besides that, the stretch goals included adventures by Steve Winter, Robert J Schwalb and Steve Townshend.

The pdfs I got from drivethru are the following:
- Red Chains (Steve Winter)
- Watchers of Meng (Robert J Schwalb)
- Secret of the Moon Door (Richard Baker)

Those are the ones that are on the FG store.

I guess the Steve Townsend one didn't get completed either, and was replaced by Secret of the Moon Door. Dunno.

Hmm, re-reading the addon quote from above, and even though it's called Complete THULE Package, it could be read as not including the adventures from the Adventurer tier. That is, only the Campaign book, companion books and the stretch goal adventures.

Hehe, but as said above, I was always super confused by the kickstarter. Had to go back and search my emails and the kickstarter website and such.

Regards,
Tideturner

JohnD
April 17th, 2017, 16:05
Seems like this stuff would dovetail nicely with The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan from the Yawning Portal book.

Zacchaeus
April 17th, 2017, 16:28
Well, all I can tell you at the moment is that everything I got I converted which was the three adventures plus the players and GMs companion guides. I'll ttry to find out about the other three adventures that you mentioned.

Zacchaeus
April 20th, 2017, 19:23
Just an update on this one following consultation with Sastquatch. The three adventures which were part of the Kickstarter and for which there was to be a FG conversion are the three that are already in the store; specifically The Watchers of Meng, Red Chains and Secrets of the Moon Door. There were no other adventures included for which there was to be a FG conversion (there were some that were included as pdfs but not as FG modules).

Tideturner
April 21st, 2017, 12:14
Cool, thank you so mufor looking into it. Was as suspected.

Hussar, if you haven't gotten the PDFs as part of the kickstarter, they're available on drive thru rpg.

The Lost Tower of Viondor
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/182367/The-Lost-Tower-of-Viondor--5e

Acropolis of Voor Darayn
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/194755/Acropolis-of-Voor-Darayn--5e

Night of the Yellow Moon
https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/181058/Night-of-the-Yellow-Moon-5e