PDA

View Full Version : How to share FG files in the network?

Qoff
November 20th, 2016, 16:36
Hello guys, I usually use the FG in my desktop, but today my wife is using it and I want to make some adjustments to my campaign, is possible to share the folder in the network and use the software in my laptop without need copy and paste the campaign files?

I tried to share it but when I opened the FantasyGrounds.exe from the desktop it used the files from the laptop so the campaign wasnt there.

In short:

I want to open the campaign saved in the desktop in my laptop without copying the files.

LordEntrails
November 20th, 2016, 16:42
From the laptop you will have to change the FG Data folder location. From the launch screen, go to settings, then change the FG Data folder (not the App folder).

Note, I have not tested this. So, buyer beware :)

Qoff
November 20th, 2016, 16:54
From the laptop you will have to change the FG Data folder location. From the launch screen, go to settings, then change the FG Data folder (not the App folder).

Note, I have not tested this. So, buyer beware :)

It actually worked, thank you, took a while to load but it worked.

LordEntrails
November 20th, 2016, 19:13
Glad to hear that. Also, just make sure you never have FG running on both computers at the same time. I suspect that would just about guarantee corruption.

Qoff
November 20th, 2016, 19:15
Glad to hear that. Also, just make sure you never have FG running on both computers at the same time. I suspect that would just about guarantee corruption.

Sure, I never do that, I'm using the laptop only because my wife is using the desktop today.