PDA

View Full Version : PFS 08-01 0 - Portent's Peril Friday Nov. 25th 23:00 GMT.

KevenSimmons
November 20th, 2016, 11:24
PFS 08-01 - Portent's Peril Friday Nov. 25th 23:00 GMT
(6:00pm U.S. Eastern)

A harrow reading foretells of a dark fate looming near for the city of Korvosa. Is the dire warning a final chance to bend the path of destiny and avert the impending disaster?

Pathfinder Society Scenario #8–01: Portent’s Peril is a Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for a table of 4-6 characters of 1st through 5th-level (Subtiers 1–2 and 4–5). This will be run as a normal (not core) game.

Please use this thread to register for the game by posting your:
Character name, level, class
Previous Chronicle Sheet
Inventory Tracking Sheet
Fantasy Grounds Character XML file
Portrait

if you prefer to send the files in email, you can send them to Keven[at-sign]SimmonsAsylum.com

The game calendar is: Calendar Entry (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=2268)

FG Server address/alias: keen roll huge hook
FG Community TeamSpeak Server: ts.fg-con.com password: Dungeoneers

glacius
November 20th, 2016, 13:57
Grabe, lvl 5 gunslinger
Sending all the info over to your email

thanks

corwynn
November 20th, 2016, 17:30
*dropping*

Malkavian_Andi
November 20th, 2016, 20:45
I'll definitely play, I'm not sure yet what exactly I'll bring. I'll post the info later tonight or tomorrow.

bsktballchmp85
November 20th, 2016, 22:08
Hey everybody soon signing up I will be bringing a 3rd level sorceress with good diplomacy and bluffing skills

cmdisc
November 21st, 2016, 01:10
I'd be interested in this. I'll have to look over what characters I have available. I have several in this level range.

Edit: It looks like I have a few different 3rd level builds that can work:

Krunch Rumblebum, half-orc Brawler, focusing on grappling and a real affectionate sort of guy who just wants to hug the world to death
Grungul, half-orc Urban Barbarian/Invulnerable Rager, melee frontliner and standard meat-shield accustomed to being abused and underappreciated
Flayr Simmerheart, Ifrit Flamedancer Bard of no specific gender identity who loves to dance and sing
Sahji Softpaw, Kitsune Fox form, Urban Barbarian/Mouser/Vexing Dodger Rogue specializing in climbing all over enemies as she bats them unconscious

Malkavian_Andi
November 21st, 2016, 09:22
ok, here we go. I'll bring Gila Senani, an Undine Monk 1 / unchained Rogue 3.

corwynn
November 21st, 2016, 09:24
Apparently have plans during the timeframe. Have an awesome session all!

KevenSimmons
November 21st, 2016, 12:29
If it helps in the character decision making process, the scenario takes place entirely within Korvosa city. There is no wilderness trek, dungeon delving, or looting of ancient ruins. :)

And it looks like we will be in the 4-5 subtier.

cmdisc
November 21st, 2016, 12:56
Sounds like my Urban Barbarian or Flamedancer Bard would be right at home.

cmdisc
November 21st, 2016, 17:45
Hmm....looks like the family we have visiting for Thanksgiving is staying longer than I expected. Not a bad thing, but this will mean I'm not available for this session. I'll have to catch another one some other time.

Good luck, all!

KevenSimmons
November 21st, 2016, 18:39
Yeah - scheduling a game on a holiday weekend is a tough bet. On the one hand, a long weekend means people may have more time available to play - but on the other hand a big holiday often means more commitments.

HoloGnome
November 22nd, 2016, 12:28
Ooo - a Black Friday game. Will you be offering any door-buster specials?

KevenSimmons
November 22nd, 2016, 12:37
Ooo - a Black Friday game. Will you be offering any door-buster specials?
I do have a Holiday Promotional Code from Paizo good for 10% off a single online order. I'm not sure I'm allowed to re-gift it though ;)

bsktballchmp85
November 24th, 2016, 00:09
here you go man and if you need a list of the stuff I can get that to you but here is my sorc for the game friday

KevenSimmons
November 24th, 2016, 12:36
We still have openings at the table, so feel free spread the word to friends and acquaintances. Perhaps broaching the subject casually over Thanksgiving dinner. Enjoy the holiday!

HoloGnome
November 24th, 2016, 16:38
Is there a portent about mutant turkeys?

https://www.dougbot.com/forum/turkeyGobbler.jpg

KevenSimmons
November 25th, 2016, 13:15
Just an FYI - I will be out of the house for a portion of the day today up until a couple hours before game time, so I may not be immediately responsive to any last minute questions or requests.

fuller1004
November 25th, 2016, 20:36
Hello all

I am new to table top games but would love to come along and play if you have room for a noob, and time to help make a character ! ? I hope this is ok ?

KevenSimmons
November 25th, 2016, 21:16
Hello all

I am new to table top games but would love to come along and play if you have room for a noob, and time to help make a character ! ? I hope this is ok ?
Hey Fuller,
I love introducing new players to the game, so you are certainly welcome to join. I am going to assume that you are new to both the Pathfinder RPG as well as Fantasy Grounds ? If so, given the short notice, I would suggest you play one of the pre-generated (pregen) characters for this session.

I just got back home and was going to start doing my final prep work for the game, so I've now signed in to the Fantasy Grounds community TeamSpeak server. You can find me there if you want to discuss your options.

fuller1004
November 25th, 2016, 21:17
I would love to join you. Correct I am new to both, How do I join the TS Server

KevenSimmons
November 28th, 2016, 23:43
Here are the chronicles from the game. Some of you may have already received in email if I had your address. Please let me know if you see something that needs correcting. You will probably notice that the gold earned is lower than the max for the scenario - this is because there were no rewards earned for the encounter at the Traitor's Mews :(

Malkavian_Andi
November 29th, 2016, 06:51
Luckily the gold we missed was not too much.