PDA

View Full Version : [WHFRP] Warhammer Calendars

Alvi_Leiz
November 20th, 2016, 04:29
I made this extension for Warhammer Fantasy RPG 2 ed (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34764-Warhammer-Fantasy-RPG-2-ed)

This contains for now 3 calendars for Warhammer Fantasy:

Imperial Calendar (The Empire)
Bretonian Calendar (Bretonia)
Gospodarin Calendar (Kislev)

Any issues, please let me know here. I hope you enjoy it.

MODERATOR: Changed module compression type from RAR to ZIP - RAR doesn't work with FG.

Xydonus
November 20th, 2016, 12:12
Thanks again for this!

Skellan
November 20th, 2016, 12:19
awesome

thanks for this

Xydonus
November 20th, 2016, 12:26
Doesn't seem to work sadly. It's also a module rather than an extension, but I tried both .mod and .ext, it doesn't appear in the ruleset or the module selection. I'll have a dig around it to see if there's an error somewhere.

Skellan
November 20th, 2016, 12:36
I think it needs repacking as the folder is zipped not the files (so mask of winter tells me)

Xydonus
November 20th, 2016, 12:44
Cheers Skellen (and Mask), that was indeed the issue. Fixed now.

Alvi_Leiz
November 20th, 2016, 17:30
Sorry about that! I removed the folder and just re-attached the mod!

deff
January 3rd, 2017, 15:43
Hello, i'm not an expert with warhammer but it seems the days are not correct, depending on the choosen year.

Every 1st is Wellentag, which is wrong. An example : https://wjrf.bimondiens.com/monde/calendrier/index.php?annee=2521

Xydonus
January 3rd, 2017, 16:00
Yep, but so is yours :p

There's a few different versions about, examples here -

https://www.geocities.ws/part_1_fragments_of_twilight/calendar.jpg

and here - https://nebula.wsimg.com/1a6cac3f1c64b746502825c276f7865c?AccessKeyId=E551F DC37D1B6832B20B&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

So there is a lot of inconsistency with the calendar. My advice is to modify the module yourself to correspond with your version you linked, or disregard it and use yours... or just use the calendar as it is, cause the day changes doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

deff
January 3rd, 2017, 17:43
Your examples are not necessarily inconsistent, as I said, the calculation of days is done according to the year, and it is missing in your 2 examples. It is the same for gregorian calendar, 1st January 2017 is Sunday, but 1st January 2016 was Friday.

There is a way to calculate it from year 1, and the website i gave in example use it. Of course it is not the end of the world, but if you want to fit exactly to your campaign, there should be a way to implement it.

Arion
February 25th, 2017, 18:03
Maybe i am just being dim with this one, but i still cannot see it?

Trenloe
February 25th, 2017, 18:22
Maybe i am just being dim with this one, but i still cannot see it?
The module file had been compressed using RAR compression not ZIP. FG will only work with ZIP compression modules.

I've re-compressed the file and uploaded to post #1. I've tested this file and it is visible in the Library etc..

Funny that there were 35 downloads of that original file and no one mentioned it didn't work!

Arion
February 25th, 2017, 20:39
The module file had been compressed using RAR compression not ZIP. FG will only work with ZIP compression modules.

I've re-compressed the file and uploaded to post #1. I've tested this file and it is visible in the Library etc..

Funny that there were 35 downloads of that original file and no one mentioned it didn't work!

Works now and thank you!

Paul Pratt
February 26th, 2017, 17:48
I know this was brought up before, but the issue with the calendar not working as Deff linked to above is not a function of the extension as written. In FG, there is a script, manager_calendar.lua, and in that script there is a lua function to handle the Zeller's congruence method of accounting for day of the week as years march forward.

When making any fantasy calendar, if one desires it to work similar to the Julian or Georgian calendar then they would need to implement it to follow the same system, i.e. 365 days, months having the same amount of days, etc. If you desire a different standard, you would have to modify the manager_calendar.lua file and add functions to do something similar to Zeller's congruence for your fantasy world's calendar.

Addressing Warhammer's Old World itself, I have never seen any mention that the days vs. dates of the year are not static. The individual who built that website, I think, made some assumptions using Zeller's congruence.