PDA

View Full Version : RPGXplorer

msd
September 24th, 2005, 00:07
Just for information, RPGXplorer is about to release its product pretty soon. If you haven't checked it out, I highly recommend it. I have the free demo and am seriously looking forward to the full version.

Anyway, I bring it up because the devs on the boards have said they are aware of FG and that they have received permission to create character XML output for import to FG.

People who like the product should register on those boards and make sure that there is some "friendly pressure" placed on them to keep that committment on their radar!

richvalle
September 24th, 2005, 22:08
Ok, I added my .02.

https://www.rpgxplorer.com/forums.htm

rv

Snikle
September 26th, 2005, 20:41
Ok, be forwarned I am a little dense sometimes. This program basicly makes it easier to create and track your character (or NPCs)? Just trying to figure out why I would want this thing.....

Ram Tyr
September 26th, 2005, 21:01
Ok, be forwarned I am a little dense sometimes. This program basicly makes it easier to create and track your character (or NPCs)? Just trying to figure out why I would want this thing.....

hehe, Snikle. I checked it out and I thought exactly the same thing. I figured, hmmm, maybe its just me and its self explanatory to everyone else.

I don't know if you guys are really into this software, but it doesn't seem attractive to me. (Seems like a bad idea at $30 US, and you know I haven't complained about my FG 'investment'.)

:)

Later.
Ramza

msd
September 27th, 2005, 01:23
I think the value is in the GM tools...that appears to have a lot of features that would be fairly neat.

https://www.rpgxplorer.com/features.php

Edit: This is probably more important around the table than it is online, but I can see this having some use online as well.

Admittedly, it may not be your cup of tea... :D

Faldran
September 27th, 2005, 02:33
Yeah, but the GM tools are not due out till 2006.

Plus the GM tools part is going to be more than $30, that is just for the other version of it.. which is not even going to be out till end of Oct....

I did find it handy for looking up things ( if it was even more than 2/3 of the way complete on that and liked it better than anything online so far. )

That is something that will need to be looked at in about 6 months to a year and see how it is then... but hopefully by then, more things will be put into FG and that will never be needed.

Snikle
September 27th, 2005, 03:21
Sorry, I didnt mean to shoot done the software, was simply saying that since I now have FG, I could not really find a reason to spend the extra $30 for this software too. I can see where editing rules and generating NPCs would be nice (and leaps above how FG has you work it), but that alone is not enough for me to spend the dough....

Illrigger
September 29th, 2005, 21:52
I agree, I'm having a hard time seeing a reason to have this at this point, especially for online play. The beauty of FG is that if you prep prperly ahead of time, you don't need any other program to keep you organized. Once you've input the NPCs and monsters you are going to use for the session, you don't need to do much more in that repect. As has been said, it might be more useful in a tabletop environment.

richvalle
September 30th, 2005, 14:09
What I'm looking for is an easy way to get characters into and out of FG. I'm switching to a face-to-face game this weekend and then back to FG next week. The only way (that I know of) to get the characters out of FG is to write all the info down on paper and then manualy make the changes again before the next FG game.

I'd like a way to get FG characters out as HTML or some such. Kinda like the way you can in pcgen right now.

rv

Ram Tyr
October 1st, 2005, 13:14
What I'm looking for is an easy way to get characters into and out of FG. I'm switching to a face-to-face game this weekend and then back to FG next week. The only way (that I know of) to get the characters out of FG is to write all the info down on paper and then manualy make the changes again before the next FG game.

I'd like a way to get FG characters out as HTML or some such. Kinda like the way you can in pcgen right now.

rv

Sounds like a feature request to me. I'm supportive! I think this would be great to have within FG.

Later.
Ramza