PDA

View Full Version : 5E Mount Issue?

GunbunnyFuFu
November 19th, 2016, 03:50
Hey all,

Several of my players noted that it doesn't appear that they can drag/drop a mount into their inventory. I know that we used to be able to do this..has this changed with the last update?

GB

jajen2003
November 19th, 2016, 11:31
I'm attempting to recreate what you're trying to do and I'm a little stumped.

When you say mount, are you talking about something like a riding horse or something like that?

There are 2 types of riding horses. The Item and the NPC. The Item, can be dropped into a player inventory. The NPC cannot. However, you can drop the Item in there, then open the Item, go to Notes, and create a link to the NPC. Convoluted, but it works.

P.S. - Don't forget to set the new Item mount in the inventory to Not Carried. On the PCs Inventory, anything the mount is burdened with, set to Not Carried in the Character's Inventory. Then, on the mount's NPC window, in the notes, you have the items the mount is carrying and you can calculate the weight.

It would be nice to have a Mount sheet. Something inbetween a PC sheet and an NPC sheet, that accounts for weight and rider. But Doug and Co. are busy enough as it is.

GunbunnyFuFu
November 19th, 2016, 12:44
The item from the Equipment section of the PHB. Should the player's want to make them NPCs I will, but for our first game I just wanted to show that they had riding horses. Open the Mounts section of the PHB (Mounts and Other Animals), and go to the Inventory tab on the PC and attempt to drag a Riding Horse or Warhorse to it. It used to work, and now it doesn't.

GB

Zacchaeus
November 19th, 2016, 13:01
I can't remember ever trying this before so I can't say if it ever worked but it certainly can't be done now. There was an issue with dragging equipment during test but that was fixed. Possibly this table was missed out. At any rate I'll find out.

GunbunnyFuFu
November 19th, 2016, 13:06
Thanks Zacchaeus!

Myrdin Potter
November 19th, 2016, 18:45
I seem to remember in 3.17 this not working and I had to manually type in mounts into inventory, but I created so many characters in a short time that a few of the "glitches" are jumbled in my mind.

GunbunnyFuFu
November 19th, 2016, 20:46
That's likely what I'll end up doing, Myrdin. I'll chalk it up to an undocumented program feature! :)

GB

Moon Wizard
November 21st, 2016, 22:06
This was not allowed in v3.1.7, though you can do it from the v3.2.0 master item list now.

I'll schedule a change to allow mounts and vehicles to be treated as items.

Cheers,
JPG

LordEntrails
November 21st, 2016, 22:15
This was not allowed in v3.1.7, though you can do it from the v3.2.0 master item list now.

Cheers,
JPG
Huh! Objectification, I thought we were finally maturing beyond that :(

JohnD
November 22nd, 2016, 01:08
Huh! Objectification, I thought we were finally maturing beyond that :(

If we did marketers would be throwing themselves off of tall buildings en mass.

Nylanfs
November 22nd, 2016, 02:12
And this is a bad thing how? :)

GunbunnyFuFu
November 22nd, 2016, 02:26
Thanks JPG!

Nickademus
November 25th, 2016, 00:56

Will this also cover waterborne vehicles (which have a different class than mounts and land vehicles)?