PDA

View Full Version : FG crashes when opening large library module (4e conpendium)

Starcrawler
November 16th, 2016, 21:33
Hey,

I have a single library module that has the entire 4e compendium library inside it for players.

Before the 3.2 update it worked absolutely fine, I could open every aspect of it, as could my players. However as of the latest updates, every time someone tries to access the feats section (Which has over 3000 feats) fantasy grounds consistently locks up, looking at Task Manager it seems to spike in memory (I've seen it spike to 1500 MB).

Again, myself and all of my players could access the feats section of the compendium library module just fine before the recent update, without a single issue of crashing, so from my perspective it has to be an issue with the latest FG update.

damned
November 16th, 2016, 21:37
Starcrawler the lists are managed differently in 3.2.x and 4e with its humungous lists does cause some issues.
Just a random thing to try - can you try making your list window longer on the screen - does that change anything?

Starcrawler
November 16th, 2016, 21:41
That seems to be impossible to do, because FG locks up before the feats list even pops up.

damned
November 16th, 2016, 22:00
You will need to post this in a 3.2.0 or 3.2.1 thread so that Moon Wizard sees it.
One other thing to try will be changing themes if you are using an alternate theme.
Are you on a 32bit operating system? 32bit O/S will bomb out somewhere around 1500mb RAM usage for a single application.
On a 64bit one you can get roughly double that before the same thing happens.

It may be that you cant use lists of over 2000 entries...

Starcrawler
November 16th, 2016, 22:02
Ok, will do.

I'm on a 64 bit OS atm, and I'm using the standard FG theme.

Moon Wizard
November 16th, 2016, 22:38
Please send me a message at [email protected] with a link to your module for testing. (From DropBox or similar link sharing site. Please do not post the link on the forum.)

Thanks,
JPG

Starcrawler
November 16th, 2016, 22:47
I have sent it :)

spite
December 7th, 2016, 09:35
Has this issue gotten any closer to a resolution? I'm still having these issues as well (have done since testing 3.2.0) and it's frustrating.

In fact I'd argue it has gotten worse since 3.2.1, as I can no longer open the smaller files I had broken the issue lists down to, such as feats, to handle this issue.

valeros
December 11th, 2016, 17:15
I am having a similar issue. Any module with more than a few hundred entries causes FG to become so slow as to be unusable. For example, a module with just the monsters from Monster Vault (~300) works fine. But a module with all monsters (~5,000) makes FG unusable. 30+ seconds to respond to any click for anything (i.e., not just accessing the module but any action for anything.) Just keeps showing spinning blue cursor every few seconds forever. But does not crash.

Moon Wizard
December 16th, 2016, 01:06
I just pushed an update to the Test channel, which should help provide a fix for this issue. Can someone please try updating to the Test version, and let me know if this fixes?

Note: It won't be any faster than it was pre-v3.2.0, but should be the same.

Regards,
JPG

Starcrawler
December 16th, 2016, 23:43
Hey Moon Wizard, can confirm the new fix works. Had no issues opening up the affected list on the test update. Thanks!

Locke4VII
January 1st, 2017, 00:46
Hello Moon Wizard! I'm happy to say this works for me; I'm able to open all my libraries with no problems whatsoever (it even feels a little faster than previous versions, although that may just be in my head). Any news on when this will be ported into the full version?

JohnD
January 1st, 2017, 00:50
Hello Moon Wizard! I'm happy to say this works for me; I'm able to open all my libraries with no problems whatsoever (it even feels a little faster than previous versions, although that may just be in my head). Any news on when this will be ported into the full version?

No idea why it wouldn't be in 3.2.2 which they're working on now.