PDA

View Full Version : Release v3.2.1 is live

Moon Wizard
November 15th, 2016, 23:47
Fantasy Grounds v3.2.1 is now available via the FG updater or via the FG installer on the Downloads page.

This release is primarily bug fixes and minor features. It you want the details, a comprehensive list of patch notes is available here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html).

Here is a link to the video walkthrough for newcomers to v3.2.x:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUhYLoo1uoc

Cheers,
JPG

Trenloe
November 15th, 2016, 23:49
*** REMEMBER TO CHECK EXTENSION COMPATIBILITY! ***

Some extensions will need to be updated.

If you have any issues, see this thread for guidelines on things to check and what to do: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34865-v3-2-x-Issues-Problems-after-updating-Random-script-errors-etc

Nickademus
November 16th, 2016, 00:08
[PFRPG/3.5E] Skill rolls for untrained skills that are Trained Only were not being marked. Fixed.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Party skill rolls were not getting the PC skill values. Fixed.
Any skill that is trained-only still doesn't add PC skill value when rolled for the entire party. Skills that do not check for UNTRAINED work normally. Individual rolls from the PS for trained-only skills apply modifier.

Nickademus
November 16th, 2016, 00:17
[CoreRPG+] Minimum size of image window reduced.

I'm not seeing a difference. Both fields are still side-by-side and my image of a sword still goes half off the screen no matter what. What exactly was changed here?

Moon Wizard
November 16th, 2016, 00:23
Have you tried reducing the horizontal size of the window?
Image size is remembered between sessions, so previously opened windows will remember the larger size from the previous session.

JPG

Moon Wizard
November 16th, 2016, 00:26
Just pushed hot fix for trained only party skill rolls not applying skill modifier.

JPG

Nickademus
November 16th, 2016, 00:44
Image size is remembered between sessions, so previously opened windows will remember the larger size from the previous session.

I use the radial menu option to resize to original size. I assume this would grab the file's width.

damned
November 16th, 2016, 00:48
Well done Moon Wizard!

Nickademus
November 16th, 2016, 02:26
Just pushed hot fix for trained only party skill rolls not applying skill modifier.

JPG

Much obliged.

darrenan
November 16th, 2016, 03:36
At least in the 3.5/PF ruleset, when editing a new spell if you leave adjacent fields empty and then lock the spell making it read-only, all the of the field labels get scrunched up together instead of being hidden along with their associated control.

Hector Trelane
November 16th, 2016, 22:24
Hi Moon Wizard,

I want to report a problem: I've loaded two Savage Worlds campaigns after the update v 3.2.1, I can't see Notes appearing in the Notes window. The Notes sidebar button is there and works fine--it brings up the Notes window--it's just that that window is blank, showing no entries. It happened even without any extensions (at all) loaded. Checking my db.xml file, the data seems to be there still--it's just not showing up. At least one other player reports this problem on the thread I started here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35059-Notes-seem-to-be-blank-for-Savage-Worlds-games-after-3-2-update

Mind taking a look? Thanks in advance.

Moon Wizard
November 16th, 2016, 22:36
Just pushed hot fix for Savage Worlds that should address. Please update, and make sure your notes are available again.

Thanks,
JPG

Hector Trelane
November 16th, 2016, 22:45
Just pushed hot fix for Savage Worlds that should address. Please update, and make sure your notes are available again.

Thanks,
JPG

That fixed it for me--wow, quick service! Thanks so much!

Nickademus
November 16th, 2016, 23:40
This is from 3.2.0, but since that is not the current version, I'll put this here.

[5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E] Attack critical state tracking added for untargeted attack and damage rolls.

Ran a game last night and found this highly annoying. I don't utilize targeting in my game and have critical confirm turned off. FG kept rolling critical damage automatically every time they made an attack roll (untargeted) that rolled a critical threat (PF ruleset, though I assume the same for a nat 20 in the 5e ruleset).

Can we get an option to turn this off as a GM? (In the PF ruleset, if I'm not rolling a confirm roll, I don't think the ruleset should be assuming a successful crit anyway.)

Trenloe
November 16th, 2016, 23:45
In the PF ruleset, if I'm not rolling a confirm roll, I don't think the ruleset should be assuming a successful crit anyway.
Turning off critical confirmation assumes that you always crit on a 20, you don't roll to confirm. It is not disabling critical hits, it is making them more likely.

Can we get an option to turn this off as a GM?
I agree, that would be nice.

Moon Wizard
November 17th, 2016, 01:05
This is to support the variety of ways people use FG, and it came up during the beta process. I can't turn it off any time the crit confirm is disabled, because that flag was added specifically to support automatic criticals on a natural 20 (or within crit range and a hit). This came up even before the v3.2.0 beta.

Are you basically saying that you do not have any criticals at all in your game?

JPG

Nickademus
November 17th, 2016, 01:41
I'm saying that I do not have targeting in my game. If someone rolls a critical threat against a creature immune to crits, they just roll damage (which is currently automatically critical damage). I'd just like to have control over when my game decides to change the damage my players are rolling.

I'm not asking for it to be tied to the critical confirm option. I'm asking for a separate option to turn the critical automation off altogether. FG never knows for sure when a damage roll should be critical damage and I don't feel like putting an effect on a CT entry and forcing my players to target it any time the enemy is immune to criticals or has fortification or an item that prevents critical damage (unless fortification is actually going to be part of the 3.5e/PF ruleset soon).

Nickademus
November 17th, 2016, 02:06
Turning off critical confirmation assumes that you always crit on a 20, you don't roll to confirm. It is not disabling critical hits, it is making them more likely.

I see; not what I would expect from disabling automation and definitely not following Pathfinder rules.

Also, I turned the confirmation rolls back on hoping that the automated roll against nothing (no target) would prevent the critical flag from occurring, since FG has no AC to compare the confirm roll against. Instead, it treats all confirm rolls as successes, meaning that even with the critical confirmation, you always crit when rolling in the crit range. So no, you are not more likely to crit with the automation turned off. FG forces the crit regardless. Exactly what was trying to be achieved in the automation of criticals with no targets? Without an opposing AC, how is this automation supposed to work?

Trenloe
November 17th, 2016, 03:23
I see; not what I would expect from disabling automation and definitely not following Pathfinder rules.
1) It's not Pathfinder rules, correct. But that's why the option is under "House Rules".
2) It's not "disabling automation". It's disabling the critical confirm, two different things. Critical automation is still there (roll equal or above your crit chance to do double damage).

You expected something different from "Critical Confirm = Off" I know, you wanted it to disable criticals entirely. But that is not what it does and it is not what the wording of this "house rule" actually describes - it turns critical confirmations off, or turns it off just for PCs. It doesn't turn double-damage-on-a-critical off at all. If it was called "Critical Damage = Off" then I'd understand where you're coming from, but it's not! ;)

Moon Wizard
November 17th, 2016, 03:39
Have you tried applying the "IMMUNE: critical" effect? This will ignore any critical damage. In PFRPG, this is automatically applied for creatures with a type of "Elemental", "Ooze", "Aeon" or "Swarm".

Regards,
JPG

Nickademus
November 17th, 2016, 04:18
1) It's not Pathfinder rules, correct. But that's why the option is under "House Rules".
I was under the impression that the base rulesets didn't include house rules.

2) It's not "disabling automation". It's disabling the critical confirm, two different things. Critical automation is still there (roll equal or above your crit chance to do double damage).

You expected something different from "Critical Confirm = Off" I know, you wanted it to disable criticals entirely. But that is not what it does and it is not what the wording of this "house rule" actually describes - it turns critical confirmations off, or turns it off just for PCs. It doesn't turn double-damage-on-a-critical off at all. If it was called "Critical Damage = Off" then I'd understand where you're coming from, but it's not! ;)
It is disabling automation because when the option is turned off the automation of the confirm roll does not happen. I wasn't referring to the automation of the critical damage. My believe is that, in Pathfinder, if there is no confirmation roll made, there should be no forced critical damage as FG simply doesn't know if the attack was a critical hit or not. If toggling the confirm automation off symbolized the automatic criticals (such as in 5e), then that is fine. But in that case, having the untargeted automated confirmation rolls always count as a critical hit is a bug since FG has no way of determining if the confirmation roll was successful. The confirmation roll is irrelevant even with the option turned no. (This is not the case for targeted attacks, but we are talking about the new functionality, not the old.)

Also, for the record, I'm not referring to critical hits on a natural roll of a 20. Most of the attacks that caused problems in my game were rolls of 19 for shortswords and longswords. FG was automating critical damage without knowing if the attack even hit. Granted, if the player is rolling damage, it most likely hit.

Have you tried applying the "IMMUNE: critical" effect? This will ignore any critical damage. In PFRPG, this is automatically applied for creatures with a type of "Elemental", "Ooze", "Aeon" or "Swarm".

Exactly what am I applying this effect to? The context of this new change to FG is that there is no target for FG to check effects on.

[5E/4E/PFRPG/3.5E] Attack critical state tracking added for untargeted attack and damage rolls.
Also, how do I apply an effect for fortification, say 20% immunity to crits?

Trenloe
November 17th, 2016, 04:45
I was under the impression that the base rulesets didn't include house rules.
That's the section where the Critical Confirm option is listed under - #1 below. Please pay attention! ;)

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16420

I really don't know why you're insisting on arguing about this option (unless you just want to argue for the sake of arguing). This option is not new, it's been there for as long as I can remember, and you're the first that I can remember complaining about it.

The functionality of this House Rule has been explained to you more than once. It should not be changed, as everyone who knows how this works will then be screwed and start complaining - many voices to your one.

You've asked Moon Wizard to add an extra option to disable auto-critical damage - which is the right thing to do, not demand an existing option's functionality be changed. He's told you why he can't do it.

I suggest if you want it to work "your way" that you investigate making an extension for it.

Moon Wizard
November 17th, 2016, 05:16
If you drag the critical damage roll from the chat window onto an entry in the combat tracker, and that entry has an effect with "IMMUNE: critical" on it, then the critical portion of the damage should be resisted.

There is no support currently for fortification. You could apply the "IMMUNE: critical" effect as a single use effect when you need it.

Regards,
JPG

Nickademus
November 17th, 2016, 11:21
I'm not arguing about anything. I'm trying to understand what Smite Works was hoping to achieve with this new feature, as I stated already. As I see it, the feature only works in the PF ruleset if the Critical Confirm option (House Rules; never noticed the heading, thank you) is turned off, which I imagine is only for a minority of PF games. And I never said the Critical Confirm option should be changed. You should read my posts more carefully as I already stated that for JPG. I was asking for a second option to be added and was told why it couldn't. You are right. Now I'm reporting that the new feature is not working as described to me.

Alright, how about this. No arguing, just reporting a bug.

New Bug:
In the PF ruleset, assuming the Critical Confirm option is turned on, FG ignores the confirm roll when determining the success of a critical roll if no CT entry is targeted. (Since there is no AC to compare the confirm roll against, it shouldn't ever think the critical successful unless rolling a nat 20 on the confirm roll.) Currently every critical threat is treated as a confirmed critical and will roll critical damage.

Patou
November 17th, 2016, 15:56
Hi Super Team FG,

I have not tried this yet in creating a new 5E campaign but is the ability to add pictures visibly in the story line something doable as they are in the Reference Manual or will this remain exclusive?

Trenloe
November 17th, 2016, 16:23
I have not tried this yet in creating a new 5E campaign but is the ability to add pictures visibly in the story line something doable as they are in the Reference Manual or will this remain exclusive?
Exclusive to the Reference Manual.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Reference_Manuals

LordEntrails
November 17th, 2016, 17:16
As Trenloe references you, you can add them to a Reference Manual you create (typically with Par5E and then modifying the xml) but there is no capability to add them to story entries (for us or SmiteWorks).

Patou
November 17th, 2016, 18:38
Exclusive to the Reference Manual.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Reference_Manuals

Thanks guys (Trenloe & LordEntrails)

Xydonus
November 18th, 2016, 14:31
Has FG's memory footprint been improved with 3.2? I have noticed I'm using less ram than I would normally when launching FG, which is nice to see. That's without removing stuff from one of my campaigns. Just not sure if it is an improvement with 3.2 or just something else on my end reducing the footprint.

Danimal66
November 18th, 2016, 18:25
I had an odd issue last night that only happened to one player. On his attack rolls the first roll was not registering against his target but the subsequent rolls did register. I had him make sure he hadn't accidentally hit that option near the dice modifiers and he says he didn't. Yet anytime he switched targets this occurred and it was only his PC, no one else had this issue.

Zacchaeus
November 18th, 2016, 22:01
I had an odd issue last night that only happened to one player. On his attack rolls the first roll was not registering against his target but the subsequent rolls did register. I had him make sure he hadn't accidentally hit that option near the dice modifiers and he says he didn't. Yet anytime he switched targets this occurred and it was only his PC, no one else had this issue.

For what ruleset? Can you replicate in a new campaign without any extensions?

Talyn
November 19th, 2016, 19:45
Castles & Crusades ruleset -- (un)equipping armor does not effect the character's AC. Works fine in 5E and PFRPG however.

Andraax
November 19th, 2016, 19:54
Castles & Crusades ruleset -- (un)equipping armor does not effect the character's AC. Works fine in 5E and PFRPG however.

Armor in the C&C ruleset is purely manual.

Talyn
November 19th, 2016, 19:59
Ehh... Ok, I see where it's finagled with. That's unfortunate but OK. Totally throws off the published AC though if I use the actual values I'm supposed to. LOL

Andraax
November 19th, 2016, 20:18
Combat tab.

https://s3.silent-tower.org/images/ACadjustment.png

Rades
November 20th, 2016, 20:38

JPG

I'm still seeing the forcibly-large image sizes as well - I try to keep non-map images fairly small for filesize purposes but FG is now blowing them up really huge and making them all pixelated, as well as making them take up far too much of the screen. In the attachment image, those are the minimum sizes for the images - I cannot reduce their width down smaller than this, with either the bottom corner slider or the horizontal slider.

Is this all because of the Unidentified/Identified text field? Because while it's cool that we can now have "Mysterious gnome" rather than their actual name showing for players in their image tab, not being able to control the size of my images is frustrating.

https://i.imgur.com/ZS1Tck4.jpg

damned
November 20th, 2016, 20:49
I'm still seeing the forcibly-large image sizes as well - I try to keep non-map images fairly small for filesize purposes but FG is now blowing them up really huge and making them all pixelated, as well as making them take up far too much of the screen. In the attachment image, those are the minimum sizes for the images - I cannot reduce their width down smaller than this, with either the bottom corner slider or the horizontal slider.

Is this all because of the Unidentified/Identified text field? Because while it's cool that we can now have "Mysterious gnome" rather than their actual name showing for players in their image tab, not being able to control the size of my images is frustrating.

Did you do as JPG suggested in the text you quoted?
FG remembers image size between sessions.
If you opened these images before and FG upsized them they will stay upsized until you resize them in FG again - or delete them from the folder, let FG acknowledge the deletion and then add them back.
The current minimum size before being expanded is more like about 152px.

Pramxnim
November 20th, 2016, 20:56
Ever since the introduction of version 3.2.0, the FG app has been slow for 4e games when it comes to opening large databases (like Feats, and when opening all Powers). This has negatively impacted my group's play experience, since we can no longer easily reference these databases without significant load times that interfere with play.

Prior to the November 15 update, I could have both the Feats and Powers database open in order to smooth out play with rules clarifications, but now that is no longer feasible. I hope the devs can look into this issue and bring back the faster loading times of previous versions. Since 4e is a pretty rules-intensive game, it's a pretty big deal to be able to access the rules quickly.

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

damned
November 20th, 2016, 21:17
Ever since the introduction of version 3.2.0, the FG app has been slow for 4e games when it comes to opening large databases (like Feats, and when opening all Powers). This has negatively impacted my group's play experience, since we can no longer easily reference these databases without significant load times that interfere with play.

Prior to the November 15 update, I could have both the Feats and Powers database open in order to smooth out play with rules clarifications, but now that is no longer feasible. I hope the devs can look into this issue and bring back the faster loading times of previous versions. Since 4e is a pretty rules-intensive game, it's a pretty big deal to be able to access the rules quickly.

Thank you for your attention in this matter.

Unfortunately the changes made improved the speed of most other rulesets.... you are not the only 4e user though that has/is experiencing trouble with the massive lists so hopefully something can be done.

Trenloe
November 20th, 2016, 21:22
You're using the enhanced image extension - this has not been updated to v3.2.1 yet.

See post #2 of this thread! ;)

Nickademus
November 20th, 2016, 22:10
With the changes to the minimum width of images, it seems the radial menu option to Resize -> Original Size puts the image to the width it would be before 3.2.1.

In the attachment below I literally just added this image to the campaign. It showed up the proper size with the Name and UnId'd fields being clipped. But when I used the radial menu for Original Size, it blew back up to the size it was in the other campaign I'm using the image in.

(Well, can't attach things in this thread so you'll just have to imagine it.)

Rades
November 20th, 2016, 22:15
You're using the enhanced image extension - this has not been updated to v3.2.1 yet.

See post #2 of this thread! ;)

Ah that's totally it, doh! Thanks for the fast reply! I'll have to be sure to monitor the Enhanced Image post to see when it updates. :)

Trenloe
November 20th, 2016, 22:17
I'll have to be sure to monitor the Enhanced Image post to see when it updates. :)
Maybe 4, maybe 5 minutes... :D

Trenloe
November 20th, 2016, 22:23
[CoreRPG+] Minimum size of image window reduced.
The code that scaled based off minimum size off the right-click "imagesizeoriginal" menu hasn't been removed, so this right-click menu doesn't size the image correctly for small images (less than 500x300). CoreRPG script = campaign\scripts\imagewindow.lua

Nickademus
November 20th, 2016, 22:37
Thank you Trenloe. I was able to find and comment the offending code in my CoreRPG ruleset. The resize is working fine for me now.

Chidgey
November 21st, 2016, 04:34
The 3.2 release has pretty much made the game unplayable for me. If you have a large module such as a complete 4e parser output then since 3.2 you will constantly get a "Runtime Error: Exception: bad allocation" with the application going over the 2gig process limit. In the last session I run there were 7 crashes from this error alone.

It seems that there is a memory leak in the module code (same as in 3.0.3) so when you open something in a module its memory stays allocated. With large modules you quite quickly go over the limit. Its fairly easy to reproduce, if you just open and close the feats section of the 4e parser scrape the process memory jumps 100mb each time and when the process hits 2GB it crashes. Upping your memory limit or changing the process to be large address aware mitigates the problem as it takes longer to reach the limit but you will eventually get a bad allocation when you hit 4GB.

There is also a second module error, when you try to open a very large powerlist such as a list of all 9000 odd 4e powers the server becomes unresponsive and constantly resizes from full screen to fullscreen minus the windows start bar, every 3 seconds.

Neither of these problems existed pre 3.2.

Trenloe
November 21st, 2016, 04:49
Upping your memory limit or changing the process to be large address aware mitigates the problem as it takes longer to reach the limit but you will eventually get a bad allocation when you hit 4GB.
As mentioned in the other thread you posted in - FG is a 32-bit application and is already Large Address Aware (has been for 4 years). So, if you're running a 64-bit operating system it can utilize approx 3.7GB of memory. If you're on a 32-bit operating system the theoretical limit is 2GB, but practically you'll find FG becomes unstable around 1.6-1.7GB of memory utilization.

Thanks for providing some info regarding re-creating high memory use. Hopefully that will help the devs pinpoint the issue.

Patou
November 21st, 2016, 15:53
Hi Team FG,

I ran into problems on Friday night during my home game. As I flipped open my laptop and the other laptop I use for the players FG needed to be updated. Once the updates complete on both computers I proceeded as I usually do before every game which is load my game first and then have the other laptop join the game by clicking on the IP address. No extensions were loaded.

The first bug happened right after I clicked on the first PC portrait when adding the Characters to the game. The script menu opened ........
I closed FG and reloaded it and emptied the cache = problem solved

As my players were beginning to arrive I wanted to show them the cool reference manual layout since the update. The PHB is a shared module but it would simply not load on the pc computer... everything seemed to stop.... then the script window opened and began filling up the window without end. I couldn't even close FG. I had to Ctrl Alt Delete and close via Task manager. Before joining the game again I re-emptied the cache

After rebooting I came to loading my players map of the Ice Cave in Tyranny of Dragons and proceeded to sharing it. It would not finish loading and then the script window appeared again and began filling up to no end. Now everything also seemed jammed on my end. i verified our connection and the internet and everything was fine. I had to repeat the process as i had done before.

Crossing my fingers and my players gone for a beer break I proceeded in rebooting both computers completely. I went straight with the module images and no longer used my updated ones I had made with CC3. Everything ran smoothly for the rest of the night.

I wanted to copy the clipboard and log in to the Forum but with all the delays and my players getting upset I told myself I would try to repeat the process when I had the chance this week. Hopefully it was simply an update the laptops needed to have things run again. I'll keep you posted as I try this again tonight.

Nickademus
November 21st, 2016, 16:40
If you're on a 32-bit operating system the theoretical limit is 2GB, but practically you'll find FG becomes unstable around 1.6-1.7GB of memory utilization.

I find this interesting. I'm on a 32-bit OS and I've had FG run flawlessly at around 1.8 GB for over a year. Recently in a game, something happened to make the memory usage (for that game only) go up to around 2.5 GB which lagged the opening of new programs but didn't seem to affect FG. The next session it got up to around 2.9 GB and that's when FG became unstable. I was under the impression that greater than 2 GB was impossible on a 32-bit system, for the same reason you are citing here.

Trenloe
November 21st, 2016, 17:35
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366778(v=vs.85).aspx

If your OS allow 4-gigabyte tuning (4GT) you can get up to 3GB use. But most operating systems don't have this.

Patou
November 22nd, 2016, 00:17
Here's likely some issues I am having now which I never had before

PC portraits when loading PC's
Error:
Runtime Error: image: Snapshot size (0,0) does not match base size (4000,3479)
Runtime Error: image: Snapshot size (0,0) does not match base size (3172,4080)

Then it constantly asks me to restart FG and empty the cache before joining

The Reference Manual loaded up fine with a bit of lagging on the Player laptop....then errors followed
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Monk.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/DruidSymbol.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Paladin.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/MonkStuff.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/RangerOwl.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Rogue.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Ranger.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Dagger.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/SorcerorLamp.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Sorcerer2.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Sorcerer.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Linebreak.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Linebreak.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Warlock.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/PaladinStuff.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/WizardCrow.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Wizard.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
........ list goes on.......
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Skeleton.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.

Why is this happening on the player laptop?

Help please

Trenloe
November 22nd, 2016, 00:25
Then it constantly asks me to restart FG and empty the cache before joining
Has the player actually cleared their cache? i.e. clicked the nuke button on the Join Game screen - and confirmed the cache has been deleted?

Patou
November 22nd, 2016, 00:32
Has the player actually cleared their cache? i.e. clicked the nuke button on the Join Game screen - and confirmed the cache has been deleted?

multiple times...

damned
November 22nd, 2016, 00:35
Less than perfect WiFi signal?
Someone watching Netflix at the same time?

Patou
November 22nd, 2016, 00:38
Could it be because they are server characters?... i'm fetching here and desperate to get this fixed. Every time I reload I empty the cache

Patou
November 22nd, 2016, 00:39
Yes... someone is watching Netflix.... I have Fiber Optic connection.. at upload / download 50

Patou
November 22nd, 2016, 00:44
i'm currently at download 26 mbps and upload 28 mbps... ?

Trenloe
November 22nd, 2016, 00:44
Could it be because they are server characters?... i'm fetching here and desperate to get this fixed. Every time I reload I empty the cache
I assume you're the player - is that correct?
What extensions is the GM running?

damned
November 22nd, 2016, 00:52
i'm currently at download 26 mbps and upload 28 mbps... ?

This speed is ample.
Are you on WiFi or a LAN cable?
Are any other users having this issue?

Patou
November 22nd, 2016, 00:54
Currently this is the Player PC. This is a in-house game. DM laptop behind the DM Screen and Player laptop at the other end of the table plugged to a projector on the ceiling. All these errors are happening on the player laptop. We are using wifi... no cables. DM is running no extensions

damned
November 22nd, 2016, 00:57
Ok is the player laptop using Wifi to connect? Is the GM using Wifi to connect?
Plug at least one of them in on a LAN cable.

On Player PC close FG and open up CMD prompt.

ping (ip address of GM pc) -n 1000

Then launch FG and join campaign and see if you are getting ping dropouts? One or two probably not an issue.... more than that and your connection is likely to be causing this or another issue.

Patou
November 22nd, 2016, 01:11
I've got a bunch of guys all logged into my wifi with thier phones on game night. Plus mommy and my kid on Netflix upstairs. I'm going to run a cable from the router to my table with a switch to 4 plugs and have the laptops connected.

Smart thinking guys!! :)... and then pray... no crashes

Bidmaron
November 22nd, 2016, 02:48
Where is the documentation for what we need to do to make Extensions work with 3.2 as the extension writer?

Nickademus
November 22nd, 2016, 02:57
I don't think there is documentation, but Trenloe has posted the explanation before. Basically, you have to copy and paste your extension code into the new ruleset file (assuming that the file changed from the last FG version). You will have to compare the old and new file somehow to see if it changed. Trenloe has a quick and easy way (he also stores a copy of the original old files in his extension, which is a good practice).

If the file where you put your extension code changed to the point your code no longer works, you have to remake your extension.

Bidmaron
November 22nd, 2016, 03:52
Nickademus, sorry but that makes little sense. If you mean I have to compare the overriden code from the old rule set to new then ok but pasting extension code into the new ruleset just makes no sense. It is possible I am missing your intent though....

damned
November 22nd, 2016, 03:55
He does indeed mean the former and not the latter.
Say you modified a file called dosomething.xml you need to see what changes have occurred in the new ruleset for dosomething.xml and either just make the changes again or rework to acommodate changed code.

Nickademus
November 22nd, 2016, 04:23
(Well, it's more the .lua files than the .xml ones that give you the problem.) I was commenting based on the assumed context that the extension had the ruleset files copied into it. I'm not suggesting pasting into the actual ruleset; rather, you put your code in a copy of the file that is in the extension.

The problem is that the .lua files have to be copied into the ruleset in their entirety whereas the .xml files can just contain the tags that you are altering. This means that if ANY of the .lua file was changed in the update (even parts that your code isn't affecting) then you have to replace the file in your extension with (a copy of!) the new ruleset file and add your extension code into it.

Trenloe
November 22nd, 2016, 04:27
LUA files are important, but you also need to pay attention to any XML defintions, even if using "merge" properties. It's much easier to spot differences by comparing any original file you made changes to (or merged changes to) with the current version. If no changes - Great! (I love it when the Notepad++ compare plugin tells me the files are identical). If there are changes (Notepad++ compare plugin will highlight where they are), then you can see if the changes need to be implemented in your extension.

dulux-oz
November 22nd, 2016, 04:28
I find Winmerge good for this (comparing versions) - I too keep an archive of old Ruleset versions and old Extension versions. When I find a file in a new Ruleset version which has changed I determine if that change effects my DOEs - if it does, then I update my DOEs.

What issue are you actually experiencing, Bidmaron?

Danimal66
November 23rd, 2016, 15:52
For what ruleset? Can you replicate in a new campaign without any extensions?

Sorry for the late reply I've been sick. It was the 5e Ruleset and I haven't tried it with a new campaign.

Moon Wizard
November 23rd, 2016, 19:18
Just a heads up that I've identified the issue with very large lists reported by some of the 4E users. Basically, it only happens for lists greater than 3K+ items, and is related to some code to help make the scrollbar button bigger in those cases (which was disappearing). It will be addressed in v3.2.2, which I hope to push into beta this weekend.

The save file issue reported is usually caused by permissions on the FG data folder that are not set to allow the application to save data (modify folder permissions to allow Everyone with Full Control to fix). It could also be a network issue, as the others were investigating.

Regards,
JPG

7H3LaughingMan
November 23rd, 2016, 20:27
:cry: Aww, my name isn't in the Patch Notes.

Bidmaron
November 24th, 2016, 05:50
None yet. That is what worries me

GunbunnyFuFu
November 24th, 2016, 15:50
Good day!

Pasting this here at the suggestion of Damned as it may be a 3.2.1 "undocumented program feature" ;)

This eve I purchased the Savage Worlds Super Powers Companion 2E to augment my Savage Rifts stuff. I found the Rogues Gallery, and saw NPCs in there that would be handy to have. I clicked to open them, and they appeared all blank ("New Personality" was the name, with all d4 attributes, etc.). Is there an issue with the SPC2E, or am I mistaken in what the Rogues Gallery is?

Thanks!

GB

Callum
November 25th, 2016, 22:18
The latest version of the PFRPG ruleset is showing up in the chat window as 3.2.0, not 3.2.1.

damned
November 25th, 2016, 22:47
As most of the PF ruleset is actually the 3.5e ruleset it may be that there were no updates specifically to PF in 3.2.1

Callum
November 25th, 2016, 22:54
Sure, but Trenloe's updating issues guide (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34865-v3-2-x-Issues-Problems-after-updating-Random-script-errors-etc) lists checking that the ruleset versions are all the same as one of the main things to do.

damned
November 25th, 2016, 23:00
Sure, but Trenloe's updating issues guide (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34865-v3-2-x-Issues-Problems-after-updating-Random-script-errors-etc) lists checking that the ruleset versions are all the same as one of the main things to do.

It is good advice and its even better that you are following it.
It appears its not always 100% correct though.
If you see a mismatch double check you dont have any unpacked folders - which Im pretty sure you have checked.
In this case I can confirm that PF is still 3.2.0

whiteTiki
November 26th, 2016, 00:07
Hi Guys, changing topic a bit here.

I have a problem with the updates, maybe some1 can help me:
For the third time since the main pdate now, my campaigns area failing in some way and the only thing I can do to fix them is to "update" in the settings window before loading game (that "update" window were you enter your username and password).

The first time it happened was when the update first came out. Then it happened for the second time when the X.X.1 update came out. And now it happened a third time for no reason (no reason I can recall).
Can anyone tell my what's the problem?

Thanks a lot.

damned
November 26th, 2016, 00:37
Hi Guys, changing topic a bit here.

I have a problem with the updates, maybe some1 can help me:
For the third time since the main pdate now, my campaigns area failing in some way and the only thing I can do to fix them is to "update" in the settings window before loading game (that "update" window were you enter your username and password).

The first time it happened was when the update first came out. Then it happened for the second time when the X.X.1 update came out. And now it happened a third time for no reason (no reason I can recall).
Can anyone tell my what's the problem?

Thanks a lot.

whiteTiki your answer is in here.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34865-v3-2-x-Issues-Problems-after-updating-Random-script-errors-etc

Moon Wizard
November 26th, 2016, 05:10
Just pushed fix for broken Library NPC links in Superheroes Companion 2E for SavageWorlds.

Regards,
JPG

Talyn
November 28th, 2016, 14:53
5E Lost Mines of Phandelver the "Equipment" Library link brings up an empty window. The Items are present and show up just fine in the Items sidebar masterindex window, just that Equipment link appears to be broken.

Zacchaeus
November 28th, 2016, 16:44
5E Lost Mines of Phandelver the "Equipment" Library link brings up an empty window. The Items are present and show up just fine in the Items sidebar masterindex window, just that Equipment link appears to be broken.

Yep, it's on the fix list. Was reported already in the bugs thread, and actually has nothing really to do with the update.

Patou
December 1st, 2016, 02:46
Help, constantly getting script errors on player laptop

Runtime Error: Exception: bad allocation

Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Burning-Hands.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/BardStuff.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Barkskin.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Cake.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Chest.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Bard2.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Cleric2.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Bruenor.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Cloudkill.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Coins.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/ClericStuff.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Cleric.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Criminal.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Dragonborn.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/DrowSurprise.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Dice2.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Druid.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Dice.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/DrowStuff.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Druid2.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/DragonbornSkull.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Dwarf.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/ElderAndStaff.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/DwarfAxe.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Cover.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.

Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Cover.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.

etc.....

damned
December 1st, 2016, 02:51
Have the player Nuke their cache. Restart their computer and retry. If it persists there may be a permissions issue, a poor network connection (wifi?) or a problem writing to the HDD. Try whitelisting the Fantasy Grounds executables in the Players Antivirus product.

Patou
December 1st, 2016, 02:55
Have the player Nuke their cache. Restart their computer and retry. If it persists there may be a permissions issue, a poor network connection (wifi?) or a problem writing to the HDD. Try whitelisting the Fantasy Grounds executables in the Players Antivirus product.

damned ... I just finished hooking up as you suggested last we spoke. I am now wired and have nuked the cache. my connection speed is over 60+

Patou
December 1st, 2016, 02:56
everytime I open a loaded book and look at the Reference manual this happens

Patou
December 1st, 2016, 03:10
I just spent the last hour passing cables in the basement for the hookup. I'm going to hit the sack. A bit fustrated since the new update. My FG has been crashing since. With my game coming up on Friday this has me slightly pissed. Over $300 spent and the wonderful updates are creating errors with the player laptop?? Wish there was a service number to call while I mess around with technical stuff i'm unsure of.

Maybe have the patience for this on Friday. Thanks Damned for your help. It's appreciated:)

damned
December 1st, 2016, 04:05
Ok so you have a wired LAN connection between your player laptop and the GM host computer?
We can rule that out now.
Next - are you using the GM Computes LAN/Internal IP address as the server address for the client computer?
How many client computers have you tested on?
Is this the only ne that is crashing like this?

Patou
December 1st, 2016, 12:02
Ok so you have a wired LAN connection between your player laptop and the GM host computer?
We can rule that out now.
Next - are you using the GM Computes LAN/Internal IP address as the server address for the client computer?
How many client computers have you tested on?
Is this the only ne that is crashing like this?

I have a wired connection from the router to a switch at the table(TPLink). From there one to my laptop (DM) and one to the player laptop. This is the only player computer which reaches out to mine via IP address. This is a in-house game on a projector.

Nylanfs
December 1st, 2016, 12:31
Are you giving them the interior or external IP address?

Patou
December 1st, 2016, 14:08
The IP address from my laptop wired connection

Zacchaeus
December 1st, 2016, 15:01
The IP address from my laptop wired connection

Yes, but is that the internal IP address or the external IP address?

If you are working on a LAN then the connection is via the internal address otherwise if they are connecting remotely it's the external address.

Patou
December 1st, 2016, 15:40
Yes, but is that the internal IP address or the external IP address?

If you are working on a LAN then the connection is via the internal address otherwise if they are connecting remotely it's the external address.

Local.. wired internal

Trenloe
December 1st, 2016, 16:45
On the player side, open up FG and click the settings button. Where is your player side App Directory and Data Directory pointing to?

Patou
December 1st, 2016, 17:03
On the player side, open up FG and click the settings button. Where is your player side App Directory and Data Directory pointing to?

I'll check that out for sure when I get off work.....

Patou
December 1st, 2016, 17:05

What will I be looking for.. and need to do if not done right?

Trenloe
December 1st, 2016, 17:26
What will I be looking for.. and need to do if not done right?
Post here what the two directories are.

Patou
December 1st, 2016, 23:35
Post here what the two directories are.

App = C:\Program Files (x86)\Fantasy Grounds

Data = C:\Users\jason\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds

damned
December 2nd, 2016, 00:33
Please check the permissions on this folder:
C:\Users\jason\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds
Make sure Jason has Full Permissions or at least Read/Write/Modify.
Apply to all Files and Folders.
Uncheck Read Only and apply to all files and folders.

Patou
December 2nd, 2016, 01:08
Please check the permissions on this folder:
C:\Users\jason\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds
Make sure Jason has Full Permissions or at least Read/Write/Modify.
Apply to all Files and Folders.
Uncheck Read Only and apply to all files and folders.

it worked.... didn't crash but gave me all the script errors again. The folder is and was shared with jason

Patou
December 2nd, 2016, 01:29
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/DruidSymbol.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Paladin.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Ranger.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/MonkStuff.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/RangerOwl.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Rogue.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Dagger.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/SorcerorLamp.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Sorcerer2.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.

etc.....

Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Part2-1.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Part2.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.
Runtime Error: Unable to save file (images/Persuasion.jpg) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.

Runtime Error: Unable to save file (campaign/images/Oyaviggaton.PNG) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.

Runtime Error: Unable to save file (campaign/images/Oyaviggaton.PNG) to cache. Please restart Fantasy Grounds and reset cache on launch screen before rejoining game.

keeps happening... and crashed now..

Moon Wizard
December 2nd, 2016, 01:37
Can you try running the player version as Adminstrator (right click option on shortcut launch) to see if you get same issue?
Have you been clearing the cache between each attempt (nuke button on Join Game screen in launcher) on the player side?
Which modules do you have open on the player side?

Regards,
JPG

Patou
December 2nd, 2016, 01:49
i have been nuking on each attempt. I'll try running as admin

damned
December 2nd, 2016, 01:57
Whta happens on a blank/test campaign please?

Patou
December 2nd, 2016, 01:57
Moon Wizrd no good... same problem

Damned... I'll try it

Patou
December 2nd, 2016, 02:13
Whta happens on a blank/test campaign please?

So far so good. I don't have the pc's anymore though. They were server group pc's. I'll make them off the player pc or can I still have the pc's made by me the DM? Also should I copy my images to the new campaign?

damned
December 2nd, 2016, 02:13
Patou - Im running off to a meeting. When is your game? Tonight or tomorrow? I may able to login with you remotely and help you if you are around between 8 and 11 hours from now. PM me your Email address if you want to do this? In the meantime.

Patou
December 2nd, 2016, 02:14
The reference manual on my PHB is working good so far on the player laptop

Patou
December 2nd, 2016, 02:18
it's 9:15 pm here. I should be at home for 6pm tomorrow. my players show up ... beer and chat and we start at 7pm. I'll pm you my email. we'll go from there. Thanks by the way guys... :)

Full Bleed
December 4th, 2016, 07:48
Runtime Errors:
One of our players ran into this problem tonight. He was (initially) using a Demo installed via Steam connecting to a GM with Ultimate (loading into a 5e CoS game, PHB, and Sword Coast Guide shared) .

What did not work:
Nuking at program start
Removing the Steam FG version and installing using the Web Installer
Deleting FG Folder (from Program Files (x86)) and reinstalling
Restarting at various points

What ended up working:
Deleting FG Folder (from Program Files (x86))
Using Regedit to remove the Fantasy Grounds settings from the Registry (Computer>HKEY_CURRENT_USER>SOFTWARE>Fantasy Grounds)
Reinstalling from the WebInstaller.

They had to re-open the shared modules and re-setup stuff like hotkeys, but at least it started working for them again.

NOTE: The same results may have been achieved via deleting the C:/Program Data/Fantasy Grounds folder (or maybe even just the cache from there)... but we'd spent enough time messing with it at that point so nuking the Registry Entry from orbit and, essentially, getting a fresh install up ended up being the path of least resistance. Also note that the Program Data folder is Hidden should you wish to go looking for it.

DISCLAIMER: Please recognize that if messing with your Registry or deleting any hidden folders tears a hole in the fabric of your reality, we are not responsible. This is just what worked for us. ;)

Chidgey
December 4th, 2016, 09:59
When any NPC sheet is open on the server or a client, memory increases at the rate of 1 MB per second. As soon as the sheet is closes the memory increase stops.

4e Ruleset. Doesn't matter if the NPC is in a module or not. Its obviously nothing to do with connection speed as a I can pull the router cable and it still happens. Doesn't matter if players are connected.

Normally I probably wouldn't have noticed it but the hideous memory leak in the modules means I'm having to watch the memory so I can bounce the server every 40 minutes to avoid it crashing and losing info.

Zacchaeus
December 4th, 2016, 11:59
When an NPC sheet is open on the server or a client, memory increases at the rate of 1 MB per second. As soon as the sheet is closes the memory increase stops.

For what ruleset? What NPC are you opening? From what module are you opening it from? What modules are shared with players? What is the size of your tokens folder? What kind of connection do you have? More details please; since this isn't a general problem.

Patou
December 4th, 2016, 14:18
Well team, I ran my game last Friday as a new campaign and everything ran smoothly. The difference was:
* No oversized images above 4meg
* I didn't risk loading anything from the PHB
* The PC's were all remade via Player laptop. Total of 7 pc's.
* running RoT during second council and had all images shared for each npc and no crashes.

I did notice something new however that I had never really noticed before.... There are no creature images that load on the npc from the second tab on thier sheet from the Rise of Tiamat module? I have to go get the MM version to share their appearance with my players. Is that a wanted from FG?

Zacchaeus
December 4th, 2016, 15:05
I did notice something new however that I had never really noticed before.... There are no creature images that load on the npc from the second tab on thier sheet from the Rise of Tiamat module? I have to go get the MM version to share their appearance with my players. Is that a wanted from FG?

A known issue which will be fixed soon, hopefully.

Patou
December 4th, 2016, 18:02
A known issue which will be fixed soon, hopefully.

Sounds good...not worried:)

Trenloe
December 5th, 2016, 04:38
What ended up working:
Deleting FG Folder (from Program Files (x86))
Using Regedit to remove the Fantasy Grounds settings from the Registry (Computer>HKEY_CURRENT_USER>SOFTWARE>Fantasy Grounds)
Reinstalling from the WebInstaller.

They had to re-open the shared modules and re-setup stuff like hotkeys, but at least it started working for them again.

NOTE: The same results may have been achieved via deleting the C:/Program Data/Fantasy Grounds folder (or maybe even just the cache from there)... but we'd spent enough time messing with it at that point so nuking the Registry Entry from orbit and, essentially, getting a fresh install up ended up being the path of least resistance. Also note that the Program Data folder is Hidden should you wish to go looking for it.

DISCLAIMER: Please recognize that if messing with your Registry or deleting any hidden folders tears a hole in the fabric of your reality, we are not responsible. This is just what worked for us. ;)
Glad you got it working and thanks for posting the info.

I think the thing that will have fixed this is removing the registry settings and doing a reinstall - this will probably have changed the Data directory from C:/Program Data/Fantasy Grounds to the user's app settings directory, which is the default FG directory from a few versions ago (after there were many issues with the FG data in \Program Data). Mentioned in item #1 here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?30604-Windows-file-access-issues-can-t-update-campaigns-not-saving-etc-Fix-options

damned
December 5th, 2016, 05:09
Well team, I ran my game last Friday as a new campaign and everything ran smoothly. The difference was:
* I didn't risk loading anything from the PHB
* The PC's were all remade via Player laptop. Total of 7 pc's.
* running RoT during second council and had all images shared for each npc and no crashes.

Ahem.... I'm sure I said 2MB :)
The PHB is ok to share - dont share the others though.

Trenloe
December 5th, 2016, 05:12
As I've mentioned a lot of times recently - check the resolution of the images. Image file size will only affect share download time to players. Image resolution (Width x Height in pixels) has a direct effect on how much FG memory an image will take when it's opened in FG.

damned
December 5th, 2016, 05:30
As I've mentioned a lot of times recently - check the resolution of the images. Image file size will only affect share download time to players. Image resolution (Width x Height in pixels) has a direct effect on how much FG memory an image will take when it's opened in FG.

Hahahah!
I gave him 2MB and 2000x2000pixels...
But he did not mention pixels in above...

Chidgey
December 6th, 2016, 08:06
In the 4e ruleset some actions are appearing under the incorrect action category on an npc sheet. Bug seems entirely random and isn't effecting all NPCs but is consistent for an NPC record that has the bug.
Sometimes all move or triggered action appears under standard.
Sometimes all minor action appears under move actions.
Sometimes all traits appear under minor actions.

The heading for the action is added to the sheet with nothing under it with the action is appearing under another heading.

Probably related to the memory leak that occurs while the npc sheets are open.

Patou
December 9th, 2016, 00:13
Hahahah!
I gave him 2MB and 2000x2000pixels...
But he did not mention pixels in above...

Whaaaaa?.. lol! I saw a nifty chain forum from Trenloe talking about exporting images using Gimp into jpeg. Don't remember.... I've been using that! Thanks for all the input guys... very much appreciated.

Damned why don't you share the player info from other books to your players during a game? Such as races and feats or the new magic domain? This is all player info? I'm confused... Is it because several books are too heavy on FG and might crash?

Any chance we will be seeing another Black Mask ext? I miss that extension.

damned
December 10th, 2016, 00:54
Whats up with Black Mask? AFAIK it should still work on 3.2.x
Hmmmm... so far for 5e my players have stuck with the PHB.
Giving them access to the other races/classes isnt an issue but the DMG does not work being shared to players. It crashes their client sooner or later.

damned
December 10th, 2016, 00:55
Also for 9/10 images jpg is better.
Limit maps to 2000x2000px or less and general images limit to 800x800px or less.
JPG you can scale down to 60, 50, 40 even 30% in many cases.

Patou
December 10th, 2016, 05:08
Whats up with Black Mask? AFAIK it should still work on 3.2.x
Hmmmm... so far for 5e my players have stuck with the PHB.
Giving them access to the other races/classes isnt an issue but the DMG does not work being shared to players. It crashes their client sooner or later.

Damned... I can't find the black mask extension anymore? I'm obviously not looking in the right place... mayday please

Images... how do you find the detail to be at low percentage..aka 50 to 30%?

damned
December 10th, 2016, 09:52
I generally find maps to be perfectly ok at very low quality.
Handouts with text (like notes or maps with place names) need to have higher jpg quality.

poppy_thompson
December 11th, 2016, 18:19
Not sure if this is the place to post this, but I can't seem to locate the 5E PHB Trinket Table.

Trenloe
December 11th, 2016, 18:21
Not sure if this is the place to post this, but I can't seem to locate the 5E PHB Trinket Table.
If it's an issue specifically with 5E please post in the 5E forums. If it's possibly a bug/defect please post in the "5E Bug Reports" thread (stickied at the top of the 5E thread).

poppy_thompson
December 11th, 2016, 18:32
Will do. Thanks.

Ikael
December 14th, 2016, 08:43
In CoreRPG ruleset, the story record type is defined to have just "encounter" in aDataMap while all other entries, such as story templates define alternative "reference.*" path. Is story entries limited to only "encounter" path on purpose or should it have "reference.encounter" as alternative path?

Nickademus
December 14th, 2016, 11:05
I'm no authority on CoreRPG, but 'reference.*' refers to the typical format for a module file. The raw database for a campaign doesn't use a 'reference' element and the story entries are in the <encounter> element directly off of the <root>. So in the campaign, yes it is "(implied root.)encounter", whereas for a story in a module it would be "(implied root.)reference.encounter".

Ikael
December 14th, 2016, 11:50
I'm no authority on CoreRPG, but 'reference.*' refers to the typical format for a module file. The raw database for a campaign doesn't use a 'reference' element and the story entries are in the <encounter> element directly off of the <root>. So in the campaign, yes it is "(implied root.)encounter", whereas for a story in a module it would be "(implied root.)reference.encounter".

I know. But all other records type such as storytemplate, quest, npc, battle, battlerandom, treasureparcel, table, to name but a few, are defined to support "reference.*" paths (such as "reference.treasureparcels"). The story record type is the only one that has not been defined to support "reference.*" path. Nothing is broken when it's missing, but for sake of consistency, why not include it?

dulux-oz
December 14th, 2016, 11:52
I know. But all other records type such as storytemplate, quest, npc, battle, battlerandom, treasureparcel, table, to name but a few, are defined to support "reference.*" paths (such as "reference.treasureparcels"). The story record type is the only one that has not been defined to support "reference.*" path. Nothing is broken when it's missing, but for sake of consistency, why not include it?

Legacy?

Or maybe Moon missed it?

Yrislov
December 29th, 2016, 21:41
Is there an estimated time when 3.2.2 is coming? Trying to decide if I should try and use Par5e again to add a few races or just wait for the update.
Sorry if this is a stupid question but I couldn't find where future update info is discussed.

damned
December 29th, 2016, 21:43
This info is not usually released until the update is approx a week away. This is due to ongoing bug fixes etc and sometimes an update requires significant change to a lot of products. It will likely be out by end of January but that is not a guarantee. If you have used Par5e before go ahead and do it again.

Yrislov
December 30th, 2016, 22:38
This info is not usually released until the update is approx a week away. This is due to ongoing bug fixes etc and sometimes an update requires significant change to a lot of products. It will likely be out by end of January but that is not a guarantee. If you have used Par5e before go ahead and do it again.

Ok thanks,
I tried using Par5e and it didn't go well. lol Not really a programmer and with how busy I am, it isn't something I have time to invest unfortunately. So with it being a month or two away, I might just wait. The campaign i'm running, everyone is using paper still so it's not a huge rush, just would be nice to add a few races.

Thanks for the response!

Danimal66
January 11th, 2017, 15:18
When you equip and unequip a shield now is it supposed to adjust your AC automatically?

Zacchaeus
January 11th, 2017, 15:28
When you equip and unequip a shield now is it supposed to adjust your AC automatically?

Yes, and it does.

Gwydion
January 11th, 2017, 19:21
Hey, guys. Did 3.2.2 just get pushed? I see I have an update available but given I have a game tomorrow night I dm and I use multiple extensions, I'm hesitant to update until I'm positive what the update it. Thanks!

Moon Wizard
January 11th, 2017, 19:42
No, v3.2.2 has not been pushed yet. I think that Lokiare just pushed an update to SKT with bug fixes.

JPG

Gwydion
January 11th, 2017, 19:43
No, v3.2.2 has not been pushed yet. I think that Lokiare just pushed an update to SKT with bug fixes.

JPG

Cool. Sorry for spamming this thread with that question. Appreciate the quick reply!

Danimal66
January 17th, 2017, 04:43
Wasn't really sure where to put this. Playing Storm King's Thunder. Player decided to wear the Dragon guard Breastplate, can't remember where in the module they picked this up. When equipped it did nothing to AC so I went in and manually set it. Anyway tonight player was not using shield so I told him to unequip it in inventory and doing so change his AC Base to -10. I'm guessing this item is the issue and if I dragged a regular breastplate on the character this wouldn't happen but thought I would mention it.

Zacchaeus
January 17th, 2017, 11:14
Wasn't really sure where to put this. Playing Storm King's Thunder. Player decided to wear the Dragon guard Breastplate, can't remember where in the module they picked this up. When equipped it did nothing to AC so I went in and manually set it. Anyway tonight player was not using shield so I told him to unequip it in inventory and doing so change his AC Base to -10. I'm guessing this item is the issue and if I dragged a regular breastplate on the character this wouldn't happen but thought I would mention it.

Mot sure where you got it from either since such a thing doesn't exist in Storm King's Thunder. It does in Lost Mines of Phandelver though so maybe that's where it came from. At any rate there is an issue with this item at the moment (in LMoP) but it has been fixed in v3.2.2. which should be released shortly.

For future reference the place to report 5e specific bugs is in the 5e bugs thread stickied at the top of the 5e forum.