PDA

View Full Version : NEW PLAYER GROUP - 5E - WEDNESDAY 6pm MST USA

jajen2003
November 15th, 2016, 22:27
The Lost Mines of Phandelver is the Starter Set Adventure for the introduction of 5th Edition Dungeons and Dragons. This game session is designed for new players either just getting into 5th Edition D&D, just starting to use Fantasy Grounds or both. Happy Gaming. :D

Playstyle: Immersive, Role Play Lite+

DM Style: Unbiased Dice Roller, Smart Players Make Deadly Encounters Easy, Details Determine DC

Rule Variants/Home Brew: None.

When We Play: Wednesday at 6pm MST. Game sessions are generally between 2-3 hours.

VoIP: FG TeamSpeak (https://www.fg-con.com/information/teamspeak/) (This is the voice application we'll be using to communicate)

FG License: I do not have an Ultimate license, so all players will have to have either a Standard or Ultimate FG license to play.

Character Creation: Standard Point Buy system from the PHB. If you're not sure what this means, ask and I will help you. PLEASE USE ***THIS*** (https://goo.gl/G74vOK) POINT BUY CALCULATOR. Thanks.

Race/Classes Limitations: None

Approved Source Books for Character Creation: PHB

Starting Character Level and Items: Pick from standard Pre-Generated Characters from the Starter Set adventure kit -or- Create a Level 1 character with standard equipment from background and class descriptions.

If you are interested, please sign up via the Game Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=2258).

Server Info will be provided upon approval.

Happy Gaming,
Jake (DM)

goodmanje
November 16th, 2016, 02:49
Here is my character. A fighter named Bran Hornraven... I should mention this will be my first time playing D&D Fifth Edition. I just bought the Players Handbook but haven't had a chance to read through it yet. I'm somewhat familiar with FG though and RPGs in general. Looking forward to it!

Tanarion
November 16th, 2016, 03:19
I applied but it looks like your full, well I'll take an alternate spot if needed. Only played a few games on FG and RollD20, lots of experience playing PnP. Atm I have the freebie account as I'm still testing the waters, if needed I can buy a licensed version.

DarkViper
November 16th, 2016, 03:57
I just got FG and am looking to give it a try. This time should work for me, if I'm needed. I would need help with the application, but I'm a fairly versed 3.5 to 5e player otherwise. I just have the ranger pack at the moment though, so I don't have everything else yet.

JohnD
November 16th, 2016, 04:01
Just wanted to put in a good word for goodmanje - he's in one of my games and is a positive addition to a group.

goodmanje
November 16th, 2016, 04:04
Thanks JohnD!

jajen2003
November 16th, 2016, 15:58
Please remember everyone to use the 27 Point Buy system to determine your ability scores (p. 13 PHB). Characters using the 4d6 drop the lowest, won't be usable.

Here is a great link to help with that process. Attribute Point-Buy Calculator (https://1-dot-encounter-planner.appspot.com/point-buy-calculator.html)

keyroll
November 16th, 2016, 16:34
Is the group full, click on the calendar link, nothing happend...

jajen2003
November 16th, 2016, 20:29
Is the group full, click on the calendar link, nothing happend...

We are currently full. But feel free to sign up as an alternate or sub. :D

keyroll
November 16th, 2016, 22:24
We are currently full. But feel free to sign up as an alternate or sub.

Thanks, I will be on standby then! no worries! :D

goodmanje
November 16th, 2016, 22:31
I just recreated my character using the point system for ability scores. Sorry I didn't see that before...

jajen2003
November 17th, 2016, 00:13
I just recreated my character using the point system for ability scores. Sorry I didn't see that before...

Got it. Looks good! :D

Magraff
November 17th, 2016, 16:36
Thank you so much for doing this Jake. Awesome intro to FG. Def' looking forward to the next installment!

Cheers,

Mag

goodmanje
November 17th, 2016, 22:40
Yea, this is going to be a fun. We have a really good group.

jajen2003
November 26th, 2016, 13:50
I see that we have a lot of people signed up and such a limited number of spots.

I was curious if the rest of you guys that aren't in the Wednesday group would be interested in starting another group on a different night. I can see there is a high demand for games as of late.

Let me know what you think.

Skillkoil
December 2nd, 2016, 13:57
I have just come back from about 8 months away. Was very ill. I would love to be a part of another game if you start one up. I'm very flexible on days and times. I look forward to hearing from you.

jajen2003
December 2nd, 2016, 13:59
I got something in the works as we speak. :D

Skillkoil
December 2nd, 2016, 14:37
I will be looking out for it!

jajen2003
December 2nd, 2016, 14:50
Here's a preview.

Skillkoil
December 2nd, 2016, 15:11
Looking good!

rob2e
December 2nd, 2016, 16:20
jajen2003 is a GREAT DM! You all are in for some fun! #LMoP baby!

Rictor
December 2nd, 2016, 17:48
I see that we have a lot of people signed up and such a limited number of spots.

I was curious if the rest of you guys that aren't in the Wednesday group would be interested in starting another group on a different night. I can see there is a high demand for games as of late.

Let me know what you think.

I am looking for a weeknight group. If you're starting a secondary group and have the room, I'd definitely be interested.

jajen2003
December 3rd, 2016, 02:44
Hi everyone,

Even though the Lost Mines group is full, I have another game open now.

Check out The Temple of the Nightbringers (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35356-Recruiting-Players-5E-Temple-of-the-Nightbringers) and claim your spot at the table now!

Best,
Jake (DM)