PDA

View Full Version : Combat Tracker Question - Possible Extension?

Gwydion
November 15th, 2016, 14:17
Morning, everyone. So, I have a question for those that have technical abilities (which I, alas, do not). When a monster drops to 0 hp, in the combat tracker a red circle with a slash pops up and when you click on it, it removes the monster from the combat tracker and the map. Is it technically possible to code something where, when you hit the red button and the monster is removed from the map it is replaced on the map with a blood token to signify a dead body?

I suspect there would be a lot of technical issues with this, but it just struck me that if the ability is there to trigger the tokens removal, perhaps you could trigger a token placement. This is certainly just a nice to have. Sometime I get in the habit of dropping a blood token for effect when a monster dies, but most of the time I do not.

Anyway, just thinking this morning....

JohnD
November 15th, 2016, 14:26
Savage Worlds does this. They don't carry over between sessions though.

Zacchaeus
November 15th, 2016, 15:55
I don't think there's an extension for this, but obviously it can be done since as JohnD says it's in SW (Although it's not without it's problems since I had to switch this off because it can interfere with token selection quite badly). You could use Trenloe's layer extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20231-Enhanced-Images-(layers)-for-FG-3-0-CoreRPG-(and-rulesets-based-on-CoreRPG)) and manually place some kind of blood splatter token on the first or second layer to simulate it in the meantime.

Gwydion
November 15th, 2016, 16:10
You could use Trenloe's layer extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20231-Enhanced-Images-(layers)-for-FG-3-0-CoreRPG-(and-rulesets-based-on-CoreRPG)) and manually place some kind of blood splatter token on the first or second layer to simulate it in the meantime.

Yep. This is exactly what I do now. Thanks!

Trenloe
November 15th, 2016, 16:46
Although it's not without it's problems since I had to switch this off because it can interfere with token selection quite badly.
This shouldn't be the case with the Savage Worlds ruleset as it uses a teeny-tiny 1x1 pixel (transparent) token as the base for a bitmap widget - so it should interfere with normal tokens. Were you running the extension in Savage Worlds before it became a part of the base Savage Worlds ruleset? Or were you running the base ruleset?

Zacchaeus
November 17th, 2016, 22:05
This shouldn't be the case with the Savage Worlds ruleset as it uses a teeny-tiny 1x1 pixel (transparent) token as the base for a bitmap widget - so it should interfere with normal tokens. Were you running the extension in Savage Worlds before it became a part of the base Savage Worlds ruleset? Or were you running the base ruleset?

Sorry, I missed this. It's been a while but one of my players who was on a mac was unable to move his token if he landed on a dead marker IIRC. Everyone else who are on PCs was fine. I determined to test things out with him with various scenarios before reporting it but we never go the chance.