PDA

View Full Version : single image file not exporting from development campaign to active campaign

HavocSmurf
November 15th, 2016, 03:59
Hello, need some more help here please.While working on my development campaign, I realized that some of my early campaign maps I had created were fairly large PNG files, so I decided to do the right thing and re-format them to a smaller image file. I made duplicates of the image files, and 'saved as' JPEG with an 'a' at the end of the file name to differentiate. I then set up all my story/encounter/parcel etc pins on the new JPEG's, and deleted the old PNG images. Everything is cool in the development campaign.

However, when I load the active campaign, one of the map images was listed but it wouldn't load the file, got a script error showing a different file name. I tried exporting the development module again, same result. I checked the image folder in the development module and everything looked good. I checked the image folder in the active campaign, but it's empty, since I assume it's drawing assets from the development module.

Being the kind of guy that likes to try everything I can think of before asking for help, I deleted the map record from the active campaign from the image list, thinking that when I re-export the map from the development campaign, it would pick it up. No dice, it's not showing up in the records now and isn't pulling it in from the development campaign.
As a test, I started a new active campaign and activated the module. The new campaign is loading the file correctly and it's listed in the images list.
I went back to the troublesome active campaign, deactivated the module, the went back in and re-actived it, but the image file is still not showing.
Any ideas on how to get that little fellow back in the game?

Trenloe
November 15th, 2016, 04:07
Sounds like the campaign where you first opened the module thinks you've changed that record in that campaign and has stored the change locally to that campaign. In the campaign where you don't see the image go to Library -> Module activation. Right-click on the module and select "revert changes" to reset the campaign to removed and records it things have been edited and read that module data afresh.

HavocSmurf
November 15th, 2016, 04:38
Thanks Trenloe, that did the trick!