PDA

View Full Version : How can I steal a sleeping player?

tailsk1
November 14th, 2016, 20:18
Sorry for simple doubts but I'm a new player.
What do I exactly need to do do steal a sleeping player?
And does it have a penalty in the perception check or passive perception?

If you can tell me the pages in the PHB it would be awesome :D

Thank you

Tylindell28
November 14th, 2016, 20:42
You mean to steal from a sleeping character? Just a Dexterity[sleight of hand] check. Possibly with advantage because they're asleep. Just depends on what your DM says.

tailsk1
November 14th, 2016, 20:43
Yes, sorry.
Thank you :D

Tylindell28
November 14th, 2016, 20:49
No worries. I hope that helped.

JohnD
November 14th, 2016, 21:11
As always, you should seek guidance from your DM. Everything said here is reasonable, but your DM has the final call (and may have important information on the situation you or we don't know about).

Nickademus
November 14th, 2016, 21:32
What do I exactly need to do do steal a sleeping player?

First you need his address. Then some bolt cutters and a ski mask. (Serves him right for sleeping during the game!)

JohnD
November 15th, 2016, 01:04
Make sure you did a pit in your basement and lower food and body lotions to him periodically. It puts the lotion on or it gets the hose again.

Skin suits take a lot of work to cultivate.

tailsk1
November 15th, 2016, 03:26
HAHAHAHA
Sorry, I'll never commit this English mistake again

I was asking here because our DM is new to the game too.

vodokar
November 15th, 2016, 03:42
One piece of advice, while it is possible to do anything in a roleplaying game, including stealing from another player's character that is in your party, it isn't really advisable, because the experience of a roleplaying game is a shared experience of fun between all the players at the table; getting stolen from by another player isn't fun for that person and even though there theoretically is a wall between the player and the character he is playing, in reality, the player is only human and may feel bad about what you did and could hold a grudge. Just an observation from someone that's been playing since 1977. Take it for what you will.

kp9911
November 15th, 2016, 03:43
First you need his address. Then some bolt cutters and a ski mask. (Serves him right for sleeping during the game!)

Remind me to to ever fall asleep if we meet :{s

Make sure you did a pit in your basement and lower food and body lotions to him periodically. It puts the lotion on or it gets the hose again.

Wait what ?

Valarian
November 15th, 2016, 06:45

Wait what ?
Shhhh! You'll end up with a butterfly in your mouth.

Nylanfs
November 15th, 2016, 12:46
Depending on their age and/or geographical location they might not have seen Silence of the Lambs.

Hurske
November 16th, 2016, 04:33
Or Joe Dirt