PDA

View Full Version : LFP for Ongoing 5e Homebrew Campaign

Muagen
November 14th, 2016, 16:15
GM has Standard license. You will need a Standard license to play.

Game System: 5e D&D

Session Frequency: We play weekly on Saturdays, beginning at 3pm CST (9pm UTC), wrapping up around 6:30pm CST (12:30am UTC).
This is a long-term campaign that has been ongoing since July, with no end in sight.

Voice chat is required. We use a private Mumble server and encourage in-character roleplaying.

Roleplay & Combat mix: Party is currently mid-dungeon, so heavy on the combat now. Ample opportunities for roleplay.

Number of players in game & needed: Due to daylight savings and other real world changes in circumstance, we have 3-4 regular players, and need 2-3 more. Preferred classes are fighter, ranger and wizard.

Character starting level & equipment: 5th level with 2 magic items under 6k gold.

Character restrictions: Only core races and classes, and Volo's races. This is a homebrew campaign taking place in a large melting-pot city. As such, NPCs are largely indifferent to your character’s race. Additionally, your character has not ventured outside the occupied city of Edjes in at least 4 years.

Details of your scenario: Please follow this link to a brief Google Doc primer on the setting (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6Ed7ESHK4sNd3VOTEJhUlNGTlU/view?usp=sharing). The story has advanced beyond the scope of these notes, but they are as good a place to start as any.

We’re looking for players keen to have fun, first and foremost. A vein of dark comedy has run through the campaign thus far, and we’d like to keep it that way.
Further, as the GM, my knowledge of the rules is not perfectly encyclopedic. Occasionally a rule or interaction of rules will elude my memory and, rather than stop the session to reference the rules, I’ll make up a quick analog. If you hold the rules sacrosanct, this is not the game for you.

If you are interested in this campaign, please pm me with your character idea and/or questions. Selections will be made by 8am CST Friday morning. The server will be up for character creation most of Friday and all day Saturday before the session.
Thanks.

PhorgottenSon
November 14th, 2016, 18:32
Quite interesting. I must go run some errands, but I am very intrigued and will be looking into this more when I return in a few hours.

Ienai
November 16th, 2016, 05:01
https://img15.deviantart.net/868a/i/2011/357/f/4/luck_the_thief_halfling_by_roberto009-d4k109j.jpg

His heart was beating quickly, sweat starting to bead on his forehead. He knew this was risky. He knew it was foolish. But someone had to do it and he wasn't going to let Lefty take this job. After losing his leg last winter to the rot he just had not been the same.

He took a quick drink from his waterskin and wiped his brow. Any minute now the patrol should be rounding on the the street. It was his task to create a distraction and pull some of the guards away. Even though he had done this so many times before it was always stressful. He knew the punishment levied should he be caught. He retied his waterskin to his belt and concealed himself in his hooded cloak pretending to be a sleeping homeless person.

The patrol wrapped around the corner two blocks down the road and were heading straight toward him. He palmed the packet of crack powder laced with essence of stink. Carefully rolling it in his hand and pinching the little balls inside the packet to crack the chemicals inside. He felt the vibrations of the chemical's reaction and knew from past experiences that he had only a few more seconds before it blew open with a loud crack spewing forth foul smelling liquid in ten feet in all directions. It was a little device he created himself, while under the tutelage of a chemist at the academy on the southwest part of town.

Counting silently in his head he reached ten and started to approach the patrol which had stopped at a nearby butcher's stall. One of the guards was eyeing him carefully as he approached. He quickly jumped looking left and pointed to a random person walking away to pull the guards attention and then turned and threw the packet into the middle of the patrol and ran around the corner. He deftly flew through the crowds in the streets glancing back every ten to fifteen steps to taunt the guards chasing after him.

It took the better part of an hour to lose the guards but he did so as he had always done in the past. He walked up to a trough in front of a nearby inn and washed the disguise off his face and cleaned his hair. Stuffed the cloak under the trough and went into the inn to grab some lunch and await his payment. It came later that night. Three gold coins. The risk was worth it this day. He paid the innkeeper for the meal and drinks and headed out into the night to go home.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Lyle "Light-Finger" Odo was raised in the rough environment of Butcher's Block by a small group of Halfling thieves, spies and assassins. Their front was the seamstress Joselyn that they funneled most of their jobs through. The group totalled eight when Lyle was still young, though in recent years the number of active persons was down to two, three if you counted Lefty. They had taught Lyle everything he knew about the underground in Edjes and he was a quick and able learner.

Recently, he had taken it upon himself to provide for the group of maimed and elderly Halflings that had taken him in. He knew they were not blood related, but the debt he owed them was far past the luxuries of blood relations. He had been orphaned during the second civil war and did not know anything about his real parents.

Goals: Lyle wants to provide for his family and will sometimes put himself in great danger to do so. So far Thanep Tarloy has provided him with the luck he needed to get out of most events with little more than a few scratches.

I can/will write more later if desired. This is the general concept. Halfling Rogue(Thief), if possible I would like to have a non-combatant pet(Ollie the Saint Bernard) that usually hovers around the seamstress store. Kind of like a guard of sorts for the store.

Anyway, I'll check back on this later.

Muagen
November 16th, 2016, 20:04
I certainly dig this!

Muagen
February 2nd, 2017, 07:11
I have two slots available for this weekend (2/4/17) at the listed time. PM for more info.
Thanks!

khavi
February 2nd, 2017, 16:55
I'm totally interested! I'll shoot you a PM. ;)

Thanks!

dybull
February 4th, 2017, 01:06
i would be interested

flyers106
February 4th, 2017, 21:27
I am interested sent you a pm

Tylindell28
February 5th, 2017, 02:05
I'm sure your slots have all been filled up by now, but if you do have an open slot, I would enjoy the opportunity to join. I am familiar with fg and 5e, and enjoy them both. The character that I would like to play is named Erin, and he is a Wizard who multiclasses into Cleric. His concept is based entirely upon defense and support, which leaves him with very little damage output, so he's very party-reliant. At 5th level, I would build him with 3 levels into wizard, and 2 into cleric. His background is as follows...

Essentially Erin is a somewhat experienced adventurer who had traveled with a different party in his past. He starts out as a care-free wizard who focused on Abjuration magic and believed he could get himself out of any mess he got himself into. Though he was never evil, or outright criminal, he would often times push the envelope on the latter by playing tricks on people or even getting into tavern brawls just set people off and prance away like it was nothing. He would pick fights with enemies he may have been able to avoid, and creatures that posed very large threats just because he could. Making it out of these situations only made him ****ier until one day his careless nature led him down a path he would never recover from. While clearing out what seemed like an average dungeon with his adventuring party, he unintentionally led them all into a trap. Erin 'led' his group without caution by bounding ahead without caring to watch for enemies or wait for the group to be ready to move on.

In his impatience he plowed straight into an ambush without any clear means of escape. Before they knew it, the group was surrounded by bandits and their tamed beasts set on looting their corpses after delivering them all a painful end. Erin attempted to reason with the bandits, saying that something could be worked out, no doubt. But nothing less than the group's demise would satisfy the bandits. At first Erin believed that they could take the bandits, even with their tamed beasts, but he was soon disillusioned of this as he watched his friends get cut down by the bandits, and torn apart by the beasts. He tried to save them at first, but all he had disciplined himself enough to learn up to that point were abilities and skills meant to defend himself and duel a single enemy. In the end, all he could do is run, and leave his friends for dead.

Horrified by what he had seen, and ashamed of what he had done, he sought shelter and solidarity with holy men and women. He sought absolution, but he would never forgive himself, or allow himself to be forgiven by others. After months of drinking his fears away, and drifting back to the church to pour his heart out and beg for forgiveness from his fallen friends the Head Priest decided to help Erin in the only way he could think of. He made contact with a nearby order of Paladins and Clerics, and requested that a representative come out to the church. Upon seeing the Head Priest approach Erin with a Paladin at his side, Erin fell to his knees and looked up at the Priest with tears in his eyes. "Is this my judgement, Father? Is this finally the end?"

"This is not the end for you, Wizard," the Paladin spoke, his words piercing the silence that always clung to the walls of the church at this hour. "Whether this is to be your judgement or your redemption is entirely up to you." His voice filled the air, and seemed to combat the loneliness and lack of life, that haunted these halls. The Priest spoke, attempting to reassure Erin, "There is little more we can do for you here, child. We have done what we can to help you, but we cannot offer absolution to those who cannot receive it." "I understand, Father, finally my friends will be able to rest when the wrongs I have done are payed for." Erin could not hear the Priest's words for what they were, and was convinced that the holy warrior had been brought to execute him in the name of justice. "Come with me."

The Paladin spoke, and every word seemed to echo in Erin's heart just as resoundingly as they did in the halls. "Come with me, and fullfill yourself and your lost friends in training with Holy Warriors and Clerics. Make your home with those who fight evil, and correct wrong doings. Learn our practices and train yourself to be able to defend others, as well as yourself, so that you can help prevent tragedies as the one you went through." Erin felt something growing inside of him. Something odd, and difficult to describe or even understand. "Earn your redemption, Wizard, and protect those in need for their sake, instead of your own." It grew with every word the Paladin spoke, and became strong within Erin.

It gained power, momentum, and a voice of its own. It grew louder and louder within Erin until it was screaming out, which terrified him, but for the first time in a very long time, a part of him was screaming in victory, instead of pain. It was hope. Before Erin knew it he found it in his heart, in his eyes, and on his lips. "Yes," Erin gasped, tears streaming down his face, "Yes, I will go with you."

If you do have room, I would appreciate the chance to play with you guys, but I understand if you don't. Sorry for responding to this thread after the deadline, and thank you for your time.

Valekk
February 5th, 2017, 17:41
In the future if you are still in need of people I would be interested.