PDA

View Full Version : 5e Targetting issue

Hastati
November 14th, 2016, 09:24
Since the update we've been having an odd issue crop up in our 5e game with targetting. Some of the players can no longer target on the map. It works fine in the combat tracker, just not on the map. Also, in one session targetting worked on the map ok for a while, then simply stopped and could only be done in the CT. Any ideas? Thanks.

damned
November 14th, 2016, 10:17
Stop letting players drag their tokens on to the map.
The GM must drag all tokens to the map from the Combat Tracker or they must be pre-applied by an Encounter.
No other way will work.

MarianDz
November 14th, 2016, 10:18
yesterday we has same issue

damned
November 14th, 2016, 10:27
Hey MarianDZ almost definitely the same cause...

The GM must drag all tokens to the map from the Combat Tracker or they must be pre-applied by an Encounter.
No other way will work.

Hastati
November 14th, 2016, 10:31

Hmmm. We (the players) don't place our tokens on the encounter map, only the DM does this so that can't be the cause of the issue. Any other ideas?

damned
November 14th, 2016, 10:46
Hmmm. We (the players) don't place our tokens on the encounter map, only the DM does this so that can't be the cause of the issue. Any other ideas?

Good. Now make sure the GM also remembers to always drag tokens from the Combat Tracker to the map and you should be back in business.
If there is a token or tokens that cannot target or be targeted - remove them and add them back from the combat tracker.

Hastati
November 14th, 2016, 10:51
Good. Now make sure the GM also remembers to always drag tokens from the Combat Tracker to the map and you should be back in business.
If there is a token or tokens that cannot target or be targeted - remove them and add them back from the combat tracker.

Thanks for the very quick reply. We will give this a go and see what happens. Thanks.

Gwydion
November 14th, 2016, 13:34

No other way will work.

Hey, damned. I'll just chime in here for a second. I definitely am aware that as the DM I need to drag tokens to the map from the combat tracker. I go so far as to wipe out the combat tracker after a session, remove the tokens from the map and go through the same process to start the new session. I assume that is overkill, but anyway.

In my session yesterday morning,we were all, even me, having some problems targeting on the maps. It might be that I have tokens at 100% and they might just be too close to each other. Its definitely not the combat tracker issue though! I know I have that process down through personal experience of screwing it up so many times in some of my early sessions.....

MarianDz
November 14th, 2016, 13:58
Yesterday happened this.
I as DM has testing seesion and find bugs, in ver. 3.2.1
then one player start connect to my session but it write me Clients version is 3.2.0 and Host is 3.2.1
And Hero player starts downloading some kind of patch on new version (as he tells me).
But while he download it I take down v.3.2.1 session and starts ver. 3.2.0 (all data removed from my FG directory - erased, then copy there my full clean backup of 3.2.0).
Then I guided him to end his FG* (after updating), and rejoin now created ver.3.2.0.

So I think this kind of problems could araise when different versions or client Demo updated to 3.2.1 while connect to ver. 3.2.0. Maybe or not :)

* he not close FG completly only goes to launcher and rejoin me, after he apply patch. This could be reason of problems I think.