PDA

View Full Version : LFG 1 player LF short FG demo, one-shot or sit-in [5e] Tues-Sat night GMT+1

Emiz
November 13th, 2016, 16:13
FG License: Full (not Ult.)
Time Zone: GMT+1 (Belgium)
Day(s) of week, time & Term: Tuesday - Saturday nights (>7pm) for a one-time inclusion on a one-shot, sit-in on a full game or short demo game to get some experience with the UI and systems of FG software. Ultimately, I'd like to DM regular games on FG and be comfortable playing with people online.
Voice: Yes, but no webcam.

Game System Preferred: Only interested in 5e
Game System Experience: Nearly 2 years DMing 5e IRL
Fantasy Grounds Experience: None. I've read the sample campaign, watched some tutorials and read bits of the manual that I felt I needed to read. I've been testing it out by myself, but it doesn't feel proper without a social environment. I have never played D&D or another tabletop game online.

Character Type Preferred: N/A
About me: This isn't necessary, but I thought I'd include it, since I'm new here. I like everything - roleplay, combat, puzzles... I'm used to my IRL games having more of a casual RP feel (a lot of joking around ooc, talking ooc, quite a bit of breaking character and more than average metagaming, etc.) and would like to get deeper into the RP side of things with people as invested in the hobby as myself. I'm finding that the level of immersion in my IRL weekly game doesn't satisfy my creative thirst. Also, I'm craving more mystery and intrigue, either as a player invested in exploring & discovering someone else's world or a DM curious about PC plans and motives. Thus, why I am investing in FG.

It is important to me that the people I play with are friendly, empathetic and reasonable (i.e. patient, no bullying / passive aggression), and that they will care about the game, players and world but who can also not take the game too seriously. My favourite parts of D&D are the jokes that arise (I also prefer games to be open to mature language, themes and discussion... intoxicated players can be funny, sometimes, too -- I play with a Russian IRL) and legendary combat/skill moments that arise from the unpredictability of RNG (I favour rules flexibility, improvisation and the concept of fun > story > logic > rules).

I'm really looking forward to getting involved in this community. Y'all seem like a buncha nice folks.

Thanks for talking the time to read this.