PDA

View Full Version : To finalize the translation of ruleset ...



yako2020
November 12th, 2016, 23:46
I did the translation of the Core RPG and the Call of Cthulhu, however I am having problems when activating the Cthulhu extension.
Everything works fine, except that Chat function of "talking" in another language ...
I translated the language Own Language for Lingua Nativa and Other Language for Outra Lingua
But I would like to know if some charitable soul, could inform me what files are related to the language so that I can correct and stay with the ruleset of Call of Cthulhu totally in Brazilian Portuguese

Moon Wizard
November 13th, 2016, 06:48
Own Language and Other Language is mentioned in EraManager, record_char_main.xml, record_char_skills.xml and LanguageManager2 in the Call of Cthulhu ruleset. However, these particular strings (along with many others embedded within scripts) have not been moved into string resources to allow replacement easily.

As mentioned in dulux-oz's language pak thread, the focus has been on sheet labels primarily.

Regards,
JPG

yako2020
November 13th, 2016, 12:28
I understand, I did the translation of everything related to the ruleset for my language that is Portuguese of Brazil, the skills that have link, like art, craft, other language, dodge, cthulhu mythos, piloting are working correctly ... already Had made the changes in these files ... I asked for help ... because as we have many things I thought I had let something pass ...
I am sending the screenshot where the listing of languages appears is the GM and the one that does not appear anything is the Player.




16323 16324

damned
November 13th, 2016, 13:07
Have a look at \scripts\manager_gamesystem.lua and \strings\strings_coc.xml

yako2020
November 13th, 2016, 13:56
Damned here is the extension I had made

yako2020
November 13th, 2016, 16:05
And this is the translated Core RPG but without the changes in the graphical part of it.

Trenloe
November 13th, 2016, 17:41
The language2 code converts sSkill to lower case. Your comparison of sSkill does not use lower case, hence why you don't get a match.


local sSkill = DB.getValue(v, "label", ""):lower();
if sSkill == "Lingua Nativa" or sSkill == "Outra Lingua" then

yako2020
November 13th, 2016, 18:12
Many thanks Trenloe!Now it is working perfectly, as I do not handle much programming, in reality I do not know anything I would never see my mistake, but for those who do not know I can say that I did a poor service ... again thank you very much for the help!