PDA

View Full Version : PM Box/window

Graiskye
September 22nd, 2005, 08:00
I would love to be able to PM another player, or several and be able to chat with them in another small window, Like a tabbed chat bar, with several conversations. This would in essence allow a DM to seperate the party. Also Be nice if you could left clik on the PC Portrait and get the option to whisper to them, or even better open a chat window. Even to be able to whisper to several people at the same time would be handy, tho Ill have to try that, just might work allready ? Main request, seperate PM/whisper windows. Graiskye

Ilwan
September 22nd, 2005, 10:19
yup, this would be great. The whispers can be very confusing for a DM in the main chat

cogollo
September 22nd, 2005, 13:57
Someone proposed a very good idea (IMO) in this thread:

https://forums.fantasygrounds.com/viewtopic.php?t=982&highlight=whisper

maybe if enough people are interested, the developers might give it a try.

Cantstanzya
September 22nd, 2005, 17:15
Be nice if you could left clik on the PC Portrait and get the option to whisper to them
New to the 1.05 version is the ability to drag text to a characters portrait and it will be a whisper to them. I have tried it and it works great. If you want to whisper to multiple people you can type what you want and then drag that to a players portrait, then hit the arrow up key and the text you just typed will appear again, drag that to the next portrait and so on. At least this may help you out until a "tabbed" chat or something better comes out.

kalmarjan
September 22nd, 2005, 19:47
Hmmm.... I was doing this but I had no idea about the dragging the text to the portrait. I was using the up arrow key and manually changing the whisper command. Something else to save time.... thank the gods!

:)

Did you know that you can drag a picture to the portrait window as well, if you only want one player or two to see the picture?

I can see a whole lot of uses for this.... Like if you have a story node that only happens to one part of the party.... (Like when they are split up). Can you just drag that node to the portrait and share it that way????

Thanks for the Info!

Cheers,

Sandeman

gurney9999
September 22nd, 2005, 21:33
Oh, got to write that one down.

Snikle
September 23rd, 2005, 07:00
kalmarjan, gods! What a great tip! Thanks for sharing it!

kepli
September 23rd, 2005, 07:11
Nice tip ... :D
Thanks Kalmarjan

Graiskye
September 23rd, 2005, 07:36
Thx for the heads up on dragging the text onto the portraits, now I dont have to chastise my PC's on their 'creative' PC names, good one. Also did not know about the up arrow, kept accidentally 'erasing' the text, and having to retype, so that'll be handy. Grai

Cantstanzya
September 23rd, 2005, 17:38
Thx for the heads up on dragging the text onto the portraits, now I dont have to chastise my PC's on their 'creative' PC names, good one.
I believe in 1.03 you had to type /w Graiskye and in 1.04 you only had to type /w G and leave off the remaining characters and it would go to Graiskye as long as no one else had a name starting with G. If there was someone with a name starting with G you would just have to type until there was a difference in the name, /w Grai
Now in 1.05 you can drag the text to the portrait. I want to thank the developers for continuing to make our life easier.

richvalle
September 23rd, 2005, 18:39
Yes, this works nice.

One thing I would like to see is being able to drag and drop a dm die roll to a character and it will show up.

Right now as the die is ? it does not and I had to retype in the die roll and then drag it.

Minor thing.