PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder: Five Attacks Per Round?

LordBalkoth
November 11th, 2016, 18:13
Say I have a level 16+ Fighter who is Hasted, so five attacks per round on a full attack. On the character sheet, I can't seem to make it roll more than four attacks at once -- even if I enter "5" for the #attacks column, it just bumps it down to four. Am I missing something here? In particular this is looking like it might be a major headache for a monk in my campaign who will get an absurd number of attacks per round in the end.

Moon Wizard
November 11th, 2016, 18:18
The PC sheet is limited to 4 attacks per round for space reasons, due to the ability to edit and roll each attack individually. For those cases where a PC gets more than 4 attacks, they usually get the attack at their highest roll, so you can do the full attack with all 4, then roll the individual highest attack.

Regards,
JPG

LordBalkoth
November 11th, 2016, 20:51
The monk will get 18/18/18/18/13/13/8/8/3 eventually :P But thank you for the response.

Trenloe
November 11th, 2016, 21:42
The monk will get 18/18/18/18/13/13/8/8/3 eventually :P But thank you for the response.
Set those up using the 4 attack slots: +18/+13/+8/+3. Then the player can double click the relevant bonus to make the required attack roll. Having this granular level allows for more flexibility, for example: there will be times when the monk will want to split their attacks between multiple targets, or is close to downing a monster and wants to attack/damage one attack at a time and then switch attacking to another target when the first goes down. Yes, it might be nice (from a purely dice roll ascetics point of view) to see 9 d20s all being rolled at once, but the 4 slots are enough to allow you to do all of the different attacks. And, if it really bugs you and want to roll a bunch at once, then set them up as different weapons, 4 attacks at a time - Flurry #1, Flurry #2, etc..

LordBalkoth
November 12th, 2016, 04:28
I'm just worried about keeping straight how many of which iterative attack have been rolled! But thank you.

Trenloe
November 12th, 2016, 05:40
I'm just worried about keeping straight how many of which iterative attack have been rolled!
That's what the chat window's for. To double check what the sneaky players are doing. ;)

To be perfectly honest, if a monk rolled 8 attacks at once you'd be super confused trying to work that all out in the chat window, especially if there were crit confirmation rolls as well (and multiple resulting critical hits). You'll find it much more "sane" to have the monk roll attacks one at a time along with the damage after each hit.