PDA

View Full Version : Severe lag after installing 3.2.0

Graylock
November 11th, 2016, 04:45
Hi all. I've been loving the update but I'm experiencing a severe lag since installing 3.2.0. Everything works but every few minutes i have lag time for a few seconds when doing things. I can do things without lag for a while than it hits and I can't attribute it to any one specific action I'm doing within FG at the time. Sometimes the lag lasts up to 30 seconds. Delayed window opening/closing, delayed searching, hung images. I can move the mouse but cannot move/effect any of my open windows. It never crashes but just lags severely. This didn't happen before the update. I'm running 3.2.0 Ultimate through Wineskin on a Mac OSX 10.10.5. I have no extensions installed.

Anyone else have this problem?

Mask_of_winter
November 11th, 2016, 04:50
D&D 5e with the Wizard theme?

Moon Wizard
November 11th, 2016, 07:08
Some questions to help me learn more about your scenario:

* Which ruleset are you using for your campaign?
* Which extensions you are using for your campaign?
* Which modules do you have open?
* Can you try making the campaign lists longer, and see if you still see any delays?
* How many total pages are shown in the campaign lists that you have open?

Thanks,
JPG

Graylock
November 11th, 2016, 17:17
Yes, D&D 5e with wizards theme. I also have the 5e language fonts selected. I have a lot of modules open. Are these modules considered "extensions"? And Moon Wizard, what exactly do you mean by making the "campaign lists longer"? Do you mean making whatever window I'm in bigger so I can see more of the list on one page? If I'm searching for an NPC, for example, and I'm in "All", there might be 20+ pages showing. But if I'm in "none", there might only be one page. However, I still can experience the lag regardless of the number of pages listed.

Do I have to shut down each module and load them one by one to see if any are causing the lag?
Is there a list of 3.2.0 non-compatible modules that I can review?

Thanks much!

LordEntrails
November 11th, 2016, 19:36
Either change the theme or make the NPC, Story, etc lists longer/taller. This is a known issue in 3.2 that is fixed in 3.2.1