PDA

View Full Version : New player looking for group

Purewolfgang
November 11th, 2016, 02:38
Hello I am new to D&D but have played a lot of strategy games like pandemic legacy and so fourth but I have been wanting to play D&D for awhile now I have a lot of free time to play but dont have anybody to play with! like I said I am a beginner to D&D and would need a little help while playing but I do pick up on games rather fast

dulux-oz
November 11th, 2016, 02:48
Hi PWG, and Welcome! to the Community,

The best way to find a game is to let us know where you are, what timezone you are in, what days and times you're available to play, and things like that. Also, keep an eye out for GM's advertising for players and contact them to be included in their game. It'll probably take a few days to find a group to game with, but hang in there as it is TOTALLY worth it. You might also like to consider other RPGs apart from 5th Ed D&D, as there are lots of games and gaming groups apart from 5E here.

In the meantime, if you haven't done so already, let me encourage you to take a look at some of the great Tutorial Videos available on the Fantasy Grounds Wiki (and on YouTube). Damn's are good, as are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig, below).

Start with the ones on the CoreRPG, because the CoreRPG forms the foundation of just about all the RPGs we play with Fantasy Grounds - so by learning how to use FG with the CoreRPG you'll learn about 80% of what you'll need to know to play any RPG with Fantasy Grounds. Once you've gone through the CoreRPG Videos you can then go on to Videos about your chosen RPG.

When you get familiar with the basic Fantasy Grounds product the next step is to check out some of the Extensions (Plug-Ins) for FG, such as the DOE: Sound, DOE: Locations, DOE: Weather and DOE: Organisations Extensions (to name a but a few).

And keep on asking questions - we're a pretty friendly lot here, and we love answering questions.

Cheers

Purewolfgang
November 11th, 2016, 03:04
Thank you for the advice I am currently in Texas, US on Central Standard time. the days I am available depends on the week but I am mostly available 4 days a week and every other weekend.

Andraax
November 11th, 2016, 03:14
I'm looking for players for my Castles and Crusades game (similar to old school D&D). Tuesday nights 8-11pm US/Central.

vodokar
November 11th, 2016, 04:03
Purewolfgang, I would take Andraax up on that offer. If you are new to all versions of D&D, Castles and Crusades is an excellent place to start. You can always branch out from there later.

JohnD
November 11th, 2016, 05:28
Yeah Andraax runs a good game and C&C is a great ruleset.

Purewolfgang
November 11th, 2016, 05:42
Andraxx I would love to play that dont really know what C&C is but I am willing to learn! now as the days go I am not sure I am able to make it every week on tuesday but I would definitely be able to at least make it every other week only time I really get to play is when my Fiance is at work she works opposite days every week (one week she works mon, tues,fri, and Sat, the next she works Sun Wed, thurs, fri) and she leaves to work at 7 so the time works its just the days if you are able to be flexible on that I would really Appreicate it!

LordBalkoth
November 11th, 2016, 16:11
Just to clarify: you are only free every other Mon/Tues/Wed/Thurs/Sat/Sun but free every Fri? I'd be fine working you into my Pathfinder game if you're interested but that schedule would be a problem, trying to see what's workable.