PDA

View Full Version : New player w/standard license LFG

DungeonDad
November 11th, 2016, 00:10
Hi I'm new to D&d , I've purchased the standard Licence . I love the books 5e.even though there are no local groups in my area. I just wish I had discovered fantasy grounds before I purchased hardcovers. Anyway I'm looking for a group to play with on weekends. I work third shift during the week. I'm normally up all night Saturday . I've watched tutorials on basics, but best way to learn is to play. So if there is a DM with some patience I learn pretty fast. Thanks sencerly DD.

Skellan
November 11th, 2016, 00:43
Welcome to Fantasy grounds.

Keep an eye on the LFG Forum and I am sure you'll find a game soon.

Trenloe
November 11th, 2016, 00:52
Welcome to the FG forums.

As Skellan says, keep an eye on the LFG forum. Visit regularly, 5E games can fill up very quickly.

DungeonDad
November 11th, 2016, 07:06
​thanks!

LordBalkoth
November 11th, 2016, 16:10
Anyway I'm looking for a group to play with on weekends.

Can you lay out exactly what this means for the sake of GMs trying to figure out your availability? Also, are you only interested in 5E?

DungeonDad
November 11th, 2016, 18:36
doesn't have to be 5e, I'm just currently reading them. I'm open to any of them. and I'm usually available sat night, I work five nights a week with some six days in there. third shift. so I start back to work on sun night. sat are best for me.thanks

Trenloe
November 11th, 2016, 18:56
What's your location? Your Saturday night could be something completely different for a potential GM - we have a global community here! :)

DungeonDad
November 11th, 2016, 20:50
Georgia, USA

damned
November 11th, 2016, 22:26
Hi DungeonDad work out your availability on your timezone first and then convert that to EST/EDT, MST/MDT, CST/CFT, PST/PDT, UTC, UTC+2, UTC+9, UTC+10, UTC+12 as these are the main timezones games are being played in. Then when you see games with a different timezone you can quickly work out if they still fit your availability. Visit often and apply to this games that fit your availability - and do be brave and try some other systems and one shots - you will meet other players andGMs which will lead to other gaming opportunities or introductions.

DungeonDad
November 11th, 2016, 22:45
Will do, thanks for the info