PDA

View Full Version : Who creates all of the FG content?

goodmanje
November 10th, 2016, 20:40
This may seem like a dumb question to those of you with a good bit of FG experience but.....

Are all the rulesets and modules available in the store created by the community or does Smiteworks do most of them?

LordEntrails
November 10th, 2016, 21:03
Yes :)

When it comes to modules, I think most of them are done by independent contractors working for SW (Though I do know Doug does do a notable number of the conversions himself), and most (all?) of them are community members. Not sure about the rulesets.

Mask_of_winter
November 10th, 2016, 23:10
SW employees do 5e and a lot of token packs and maps but a few community developers have made many modules, especially the latest ones.
For anything non-D&D 5e, it's mostly community developers. SW gives a share of the profit to make products for them. 3 or 4 employees couldn't possibly produce the amount of products we've seen come out lately. Especially since one of them exclusively works on the Unity upgrade, another on software updates and development and Doug is the CEO. They recently hired a production manager to coordinate and quality control the releases.

damned
November 11th, 2016, 02:06
CoreRPG, 3.5e, Pathfinder, 4e, 5e, Numenera are all SmiteWorks.
The official 5e stuff is either SmiteWorks or a couple of people they work with regularly.
Most other things are community driven I think...