PDA

View Full Version : 5e Par5e SRD

vainazzo
November 10th, 2016, 15:56
Once par5ed will this let me purchase and use the modules like ravenloft?

JohnD
November 10th, 2016, 16:00
Doesn't FG already come with 5e SRD modules?

vainazzo
November 10th, 2016, 16:06
Oh wait, yea.. well will that let me use the modules like ravenloft if I buy them?

Trenloe
November 10th, 2016, 16:22
The adventure modules have as much information as possible to allow you to play them without additional purchases. However, you should always check the particular store item for requirements/recommendations.

For example, Curse of Strahd (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=WOTC5ECOS) lists the following:

Requirements: A license for Fantasy Grounds (Standard or Ultimate) or an active license subscription, with the built-in 5E Ruleset.
Recommended: one or more of the following modules: D&D Complete Core Class Pack or D&D Character Customization Pack and the D&D Complete Monster Pack

So, you will be able to use the module, but there might be some links to the PHB/MM that won't work.

EDIT: The Curse of Strahd module has this in the conversion notes:

Full and easy use of this adventure module works best with the D&D Player's Handbook, D&D Basic Rules, or D&D 5E SRD modules. Various referenced content, spell descriptions for instance, is linked to information that can be found in any of these modules. Ensure that one of these modules is open in the module activation window (Library button on desktop sidebar - Module Activation button).
This adventure module works best if the Dungeon Master uses the D&D Dungeon Master's Guide module, though it is not required. Various images and tables from the D&D Dungeon Master's Guide are linked to and referenced through the adventure. To make use if it, ensure that it is open in the module activation window.

D&D Basic Rules and D&D 5E SRD modules come with FG, so you're OK there. It just might mean that you're missing some DMG tables.

vainazzo
November 10th, 2016, 16:24
The adventure modules have as much information as possible to allow you to play them without additional purchases.

Thanks!

Trenloe
November 10th, 2016, 16:31
Thanks!
Make sure you see my edits above!