PDA

View Full Version : Changes to 5e requirements?

Silversteel
November 10th, 2016, 08:08
Hi all,

I bought an ultimate subscription a couple of years ago, but due to a number of issues was unable to start playing again until now. I am now trying to make sense of changes which appear to have occurred in the meantime and would appreciate some assistance.

I previously bought the DD Players Handbook Deluxe and DD Monster Manual modules from the Fantasy Grounds store, and was just about to buy the D&D Complete Dungeon Masters Guide. However, it states that it is recommended to have the D&D Complete Core Class Pack and the Complete Monster Class Pack. I looked at the store, and could no longer find the DD Players Handbook Deluxe and DD Monster Manual which I bought previously.

Are the DD Players Handbook Deluxe and DD Monster Manual the same as the D&D Complete Core Class Pack and the Complete Monster Class Pack and just renamed? Or do I need to buy the D&D Complete Core Class Pack and the Complete Monster Class Pack despite having the DD Players Handbook Deluxe and DD Monster Manual?

Silversteel

Zacchaeus
November 10th, 2016, 10:52
Hi all,

I bought an ultimate subscription a couple of years ago, but due to a number of issues was unable to start playing again until now. I am now trying to make sense of changes which appear to have occurred in the meantime and would appreciate some assistance.

I previously bought the DD Players Handbook Deluxe and DD Monster Manual modules from the Fantasy Grounds store, and was just about to buy the D&D Complete Dungeon Masters Guide. However, it states that it is recommended to have the D&D Complete Core Class Pack and the Complete Monster Class Pack. I looked at the store, and could no longer find the DD Players Handbook Deluxe and DD Monster Manual which I bought previously.

Are the DD Players Handbook Deluxe and DD Monster Manual the same as the D&D Complete Core Class Pack and the Complete Monster Class Pack and just renamed? Or do I need to buy the D&D Complete Core Class Pack and the Complete Monster Class Pack despite having the DD Players Handbook Deluxe and DD Monster Manual?

Silversteel

No, the PHB Deluxe is the Complete Core Class Pack and the MM is the Complete Monster Class Pack. They have always been described as such in the Store.

Silversteel
November 10th, 2016, 12:33
No, the PHB Deluxe is the Complete Core Class Pack and the MM is the Complete Monster Class Pack. They have always been described as such in the Store.

Great news, thank you
Silversteel