PDA

View Full Version : adding spells to a new npc

magnusprime27
November 10th, 2016, 03:50
sorry if in the wrong place..
I bought the phb..
in trying to create a new npc, how do I add spells from the phb to the npc under innate spells / spells?
I would think you could just drag and drop but wont work?

rob2e
November 10th, 2016, 04:08
Yes. It should work. Are you dragging the spells onto the "actions" tab of the character sheet?

magnusprime27
November 10th, 2016, 04:19
now when I say npc, I mean a monster not a pc..
but yes and it does nothing

the only thing open in my library is the' DD PHB DELUXE.
I can drag the spell to the notes tab but nothing else..

magnusprime27
November 10th, 2016, 04:50
so I think I figured out what I was doing wrong and don't know if this is a bug.....
when I only click on the spells button from the desktop on the right of the screen it wont add to the npc......

when I add the spell by opening library> clicking on the phb > spells > and adding from the spells that way it works...

rob2e
November 10th, 2016, 04:56
now when I say npc, I mean a monster not a pc..
but yes and it does nothing

the only thing open in my library is the' DD PHB DELUXE.
I can drag the spell to the notes tab but nothing else..

Ah! Okay... Here's the video I think you need... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uOdhB2GDoU&index=7&list=PL3h0dIaiayC_AW7djpTlriZEtg2WBCCvp

Koreapsu
November 10th, 2016, 05:27
For spells do it like this, change the spellcasting DC or ability to suit your npc. It's best to cut and past what you can from here to get it just right. Replace the spells with exactly the spells you want, make sure the name is correct and it's lower case. Drop the NPCs on the combat tracker to check for errors (they will appear in the chat window)

Create a 'Trait' called Spellcasting

In the box under the title type:

Spellcasting ability is intelligence (spell save DC 15, +7 to hit with spell attacks).

Cantrips (at will): fire bolt, acid splash
1st level: burning hands, chromatic orb
2nd level: darkness
3rd level: fireball, lightning bolt

rob2e
November 10th, 2016, 05:38
For spells do it like this, change the spellcasting DC or ability to suit your npc. It's best to cut and past what you can from here to get it just right. Replace the spells with exactly the spells you want, make sure the name is correct and it's lower case. Drop the NPCs on the combat tracker to check for errors (they will appear in the chat window)

Create a 'Trait' called Spellcasting

In the box under the title type:

Spellcasting ability is intelligence (spell save DC 15, +7 to hit with spell attacks).

Cantrips (at will): fire bolt, acid splash
1st level: burning hands, chromatic orb
2nd level: darkness
3rd level: fireball, lightning bolt

The video steps you through this.

Koreapsu
November 10th, 2016, 05:51
Cool story, it's faster just to read then cut/paste.

magnusprime27
November 10th, 2016, 06:16
thanks for all the help guys. I think I figured it out

Zacchaeus
November 10th, 2016, 11:01
There is an error in v 3.2 which is preventing spells from darg/dropping into NPCs. This has been fixed in v3.2.1 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34882-Test-Release-v3-2-1)

kp9911
November 10th, 2016, 14:40
And if you don't want the hassle just use the parser either par5e or my check my signature.