PDA

View Full Version : Spell Lookup Failure

LordEntrails
November 9th, 2016, 22:57
5E campaign (module development campaign), 3.2.0

Updating this to create a custom module. I have a custom spell I added through the UI (Cursed Bond). I have an NPC with the spellcasting trait with this spell (among others) listed. When I open the NPC, remove all of it's spells and close the NPC I get the following error in the chat;

Failed spellcasting lookup on 1 spell(s) for (Goblin Acolyte).
Make sure your spell module(s) are open.

Spell Lookup failures: cursed bond

But my spell list shows it available in the campaign. Is this an upper/lower case thing? The other spells are all lowercase in the spellcasting trait and have uppercase in their names, just like mine.

Ideas?

Trenloe
November 9th, 2016, 23:15
The clue is in the message - it's looking in module data for spells, not in the campaign data.

LordEntrails
November 10th, 2016, 00:29
Yea, but why?

So I made the NPC in the campaign. I made the spell in the campaign. Why can't it find it? Or more importantly, how do I create a useable custom spell?

Has anyone else been able to create a custom spell and have the spellcasting trait work?

Zacchaeus
November 10th, 2016, 11:13
Yea, but why?

So I made the NPC in the campaign. I made the spell in the campaign. Why can't it find it? Or more importantly, how do I create a useable custom spell?

Has anyone else been able to create a custom spell and have the spellcasting trait work?

Spells are looked for in modules not in the campaign. So your custom spell will need to be in a module. In v3.2.1 you'll be able to export custom spells into such a module.