PDA

View Full Version : FG not appearing in Steam

Halgabron
November 9th, 2016, 15:17
Hi, Posting on behalf of one of my players...

Setting up for our game last night (using a hybrid approach of all using FG in the same room together for that social feel!), one of the players using Steam on Mac & with no tinkering from the previous week's session - the FG purchase has disappeared from his games list.

Tried the basic log in/out, reinstalled steam but no luck... it wasn't even recognising his purchase if searched for in the store.

Everyone else was unaffected, he's on a Mac (as am I, another player on Windows)

Shared a screen for one night but obviously want it resolved - Any suggestions for fault finding or resolution?

Thanks

ddavison
November 9th, 2016, 15:48
This sound like something wrong with the user's Steam account. I will post the direct links to the Steam store pages for Fantasy Grounds. Does anyone else in your campaign have difficulty seeing those?

FG Demo
https://store.steampowered.com/app/300790

Full version of Fantasy Grounds
https://store.steampowered.com/app/252690

Nylanfs
November 9th, 2016, 16:22
If a subscription ends, does it automatically get removed from the Steam purchases?

Halgabron
November 9th, 2016, 16:23
No one else has any problem, just one player - I'll pass these over.

I just checked myself & it shows that it's already in my steam library so no drama there - tbh my recent purchases (CoS) has been direct from the FG website which seems to work better.

Keep you posted on the results.

Halgabron
November 9th, 2016, 16:29
Nylanfs, I thought the standard licence was a one-off perpetual one, not a yearly renewal as he purchased the 'One-Time' option not a subscription.

Myrdin Potter
November 9th, 2016, 16:53
My daughter uses a Mac and she had a crash in the 3.17 version and it vanished from her Steam as well. She was able to redownload the client and install again.

Trenloe
November 9th, 2016, 16:53
Nylanfs, I thought the standard licence was a one-off perpetual one, not a yearly renewal as he purchased the 'One-Time' option not a subscription.
You're correct, there aren't any subscription options on Steam - it's a one-off purchase.

Nylanfs
November 9th, 2016, 17:08
Yes, but are not those numbers also transferred to Steam during the monthly manual update? If not then I was mistaken and you can ignore my comments. :)

Nylanfs
November 9th, 2016, 17:09

If he purchased it on Steam then yes it's a one time purchase.

Halgabron
November 30th, 2016, 08:56
Hi All, end of the story... We've now recovered our players' FG instance.

Fix was to; Re-download the demo version, which allowed steam to recognise it on his Mac, re-inputted the key for the FG licence he purchased, then run an update... Voilą... It's all back to normal.

Thanks for all your advice, yes the problem seemed to lie with steam & a 'sort of' reset solved it.