PDA

View Full Version : experienced roleplayer LFG 5e preferred tues. eve. PST

whtknight64
November 9th, 2016, 03:47
I have been playing d&d for years since the 3.5 days. i am well versed in the game and a good roleplayer. I have one regular game i play in now but it is only about once a month and want to get something else going. I am really looking for something on tues. evening i'm in the PST and a 6pm start time is best for me. anyone got anything

Ienai
November 9th, 2016, 07:43
Heyo! I might be interested in starting up a game on Tuesday nights. Say from 6:30pm-8:30pm? I know it would only be two hours but I think that is a good amount of time to cover things.

I'm still really new to running 5th edition games. I have had a few games fail on here over the past few years due to work issues but I am pretty sure I have a stable enough job for the next 2-3 months. If you are interested and we can get 3-4 more players I'd be down to run some games on a personal setting of mine.

I'll check back on this post tomorrow when I get home from work around 5:30pm PST.

whtknight64
November 10th, 2016, 02:06
i like to use skype for voice. you good with that?

Litvyak
November 10th, 2016, 02:42
I'd be interested in playing as well. The time slot works well for me and I've been looking for something on Tuesdays to a replace a game that didn't work out.

Mentalic
November 10th, 2016, 04:43
I would love to join you guys. 6pm PST on Tu is perfect for me.

Ienai
November 10th, 2016, 06:50
Skype is okay with me. Lets see if we can get a few more interested.

Short Setting Description:

There are several countries covering the island continent of Howurn. The Island, the shape of a crescent moon, is mostly in the tropical regions with only the furthest northern edges getting colder during the winter seasons(think New York in the winter). The crescent shape is facing south.

Brief History:

A great blast and shaking of the land was felt. From Youn-gar to Clendst people were roused from sleep to stare into the direction of the sound. A light to could be seen from the south masked by a massive cloud like that of a massive wave. Soon the night sky was covered and all was cast into darkness.

Three hundred years ago the empire of Savesh, the ruling country of the entire island Howurn a beacon of magic and sorcery, disappeared in an instant. Many myths as to the reason of the destruction have been passed around. Some say it was the gods, others say it was due to the Savesh unquenchable desire for power and magic, the truth is either not known or kept hidden from the masses. The Savesh was the country of Tieflings and they are now viewed with suspicion and distrust by most. Though most of the Tieflings still alive would have not been around for the sundering of Savesh or were far enough away from the capital Rievkh to survive.

It took the better part of a year for the skies to clear and another five years before countries were able start rebuilding from the famine and wars that broke out over resources. The majority of inner cities were abandoned and the cities on the coastlines grew quickly as the main supply of food was now from the fish in the sea. This led to massive ruins of towns built over towns and cities built over cities as wars were waged for the resources of the inner island as the years passed. Over time, this led to unlikely denizens to start to have population spikes. The War of the Blooded Land is just one example of the many wars and changing boarders since the fall of Savesh.

Today the middle of the island has started to become populated again. Trade routes over land have started to be used again due to the country of Vahn investing in a massive project to create cobbled and some-what protected trading lanes. Even still most trade these days takes the route of the sea as most investors find it safer to transport goods in merchant fleets than risk the wilds, as the center of the island is called. Though those brave enough to risk the trading lanes stand to make very large profits as the cost of the transport of goods is hundreds of times less, even with hiring guards.

The trading lanes have been open for several years now and the wealth to be made on the trading lanes through work and plunder has become the talk of most taverns and inns these days. Young and old have started to offer their services to traders as guards, repairmen, scouts and the like. A new industry is booming and stories of glory and riches are there for the taking.

There are three major cities on the map.

Capital Clendst (clen-dsst)

Clendst, the capital of Rogillen is a beacon of honor, courage, knights and the ruling upper class. Nestled in the southern tip of the country of Rogillen it is known for it's trading of fine pelts, salt mines and spices. The country is broken into multiple fiefs, very similar to Britain's past, and sits on the far southeastern tip of Howurn. The people are very devout followers of the gods of good and neutral alignments. Evil gods are shunned but can be found being worshiped in dark corners and old cellars if you know the right people. The ruling elite are made up entirely of Dragonborn. Tieflings are considered criminals in league with demons and are tried and convicted to death on sight. Even still some exist in the slums and darker parts of the country and capital.

Population

Humans: 35%
Dragonborn: 10%
Halflings: 15%
Elves: 10%
Gnomes: 10%
Dwarves: 10%
Half-Elves/Orcs: 8%
Tieflings: 2%

Capital: Oren (oh-ren)

Vahn is nestled at the mouth of the ruins of Savesh. Emerging as a fairly new country from the most recent territorial war forty years ago. Formed by the renowned and elite mercenary force known as Pos Noxon, or "The Spear". They led every engagement they were in. First into battle and last to stop fighting. They were formed from a good mix of all the races, and mainly worshipped Tempus though a few smatterings of prayers to other gods could be heard in their camps on quite nights. The only cost to hire this army was land and as they always asked for land at the center of the continent it was given willingly from all parties both victorious ally and defeated enemy until the nation-state of Vahn was formed. ((Think of Sparta)) They have a decently sized standing army as military service is required and starts at the age of nine. Both male and females are trained for war spread through the units equally. This method of training borrowed from ancient tales of long dead civilizations has caused the military units of Vahn to fight with a ferocity unmatched in any other country as each unit becomes a tightly knit family. There are very few guards in the towns and city of Vahn as everyone who completes training is awarded a special badge in the form of a rope tied to a bronze coin giving them permission to sentence and judge any criminal should the need arise. Sentences are always judged in threes and only followed through if all judges agree. In most cases the judges agree and the sentence is resolved immediately by a fourth citizen picked by the criminal. This had led to the spread of a particularly interesting rumor about the women of Vahn being more dangerous than the men as criminals would pick females to dole out punishments. Most foreigners do not know that the women are trained to always punish a criminal harder than the males as if a criminal picks one of the males as a punisher they have agreed to the terms and accept the punishment versus the foreigners picking the females because they think it won't be as bad and might be trying to get away without a full punishment. Very rarely does a foreigner pick a male punisher so only a few know that most times if a male punisher is chosen the criminal is usually released with a warning and a switch to the hind quarters followed by laughs of the crowd as the criminal runs away.

The leader of Vahn is always elected. Elections occur every five years or two wars, which ever happens first. The leader is always chosen from the veteran ranks and no one is considered if they have not been in at least six battles. There is a conclave of the most promising children selected to advise the leader in times of war so that the leader is reminded of why they fight and in most cases the suggestions of the conclave are taken with deep consideration. The conclave is only known to citizens of Vahn and every citizen would die before releasing that information. The protection of the family is the most important lesson learned during training and every citizen of Vahn views each other as family. As such, the country appears to be very minimalist and not very wealthy at all. Yet the country always has enough money to purchase the resources they need when they need it. The capital of Vahn is Oren. A massive military encampment that has permanently settled in the ruins of an ancient city. Remarkably it draws water from a large underground aquifer and even on the hotest days gusts of cool air drift gently throughout the city. A testament to the architecture of the past. As Oren has become more settled over the past thirty years they have started to pick up other professions, farming being the most popular. The soft rolling hills have recently changed from the soft green grass of the plains to miles of golden harvest. The main reason for the trade lanes being built and maintained is for Vahn to export it's stores of grain in exchange for other resources they find valuable, mainly steel.

Population

Humans: 25%
Halflings: 10%
Gnomes: 5%
Dwarves: 15%
Dragonborn: 2%
Tieflings: 13%
Elves: 15%
Half-Elves/Orcs: 15%

Ienai
November 10th, 2016, 06:51
Capital: Seaside

The country of Stadtler lies just north of a massive desert that covers the western part of the continent. Focusing most of their exports over the seas they view the trade lanes as suspicious and risky, though the citizens have grown quite fond of the grain and what can be made with it from the country of Vahn. It has recently started to unlock the mysteries of the arcane. Treading carefully on the footsteps of the Savesh Empire they have made strides over the past few years in unlocking powers and mysteries hidden and locked from most of the population by The Sundering. With every year their power has been expanding and has led many of the other smaller countries as well as Vahn and Rogillian to start to be concerned of another sundering. The diplomats of Stadtler are second to none and have gone to great lengths to calm their potential enemies and hide just how far along the country has come.

The capital of Seaside is a wonder to behold. With the recent rise of arcane knowledge it has become common to see people sculpting their buildings of steel-sand into works of art rivaling the cities of old. At night the ocean's breeze comes through the city and plays some of the most beautiful music anyone has heard recently. The song changes with the seasons and is one of the wonders many foreigners come to the city to see. The attire of the majority of the population is that of scholars, though there are plenty of rough-necks that lay about the docks and tavern district. The ruling cast is decided by competition at the beginning of the autumn festival every year. The ten most powerful arcane users are selected to lead the country. It is only known to the victors and previous victors that they are actually studying in think tanks and hidden well within the underground palace of the true ruler of the country. The countries main exports are gold from the mines in the northern mountains, spices, oils and lumber. It is also widely known that the best smiths on the continent reside at Seaside as being so close to the main city of arcane users allows them to create works of art unparalleled throughout the rest of the continent. The only other country that bests Seaside smiths is the small Dwarven city of Astoh which is located deep within The Quill, the mountain range north of Seaside.

Population

Tieflings: 35%
Humans: 20%
Elves: 2%
Gnomes: 18%
Dragonborn: 3%
Half-Elf/Orc: 2%
Halflings: 15%
Dwarves: 5%

There we go. Just a little bit of info I typed up real quick(over three hours lol!)

Only using the core rule books to start out everyone. I do this as I am new to DMing 5th Ed and I want to make sure I have a good grasp of the system before I start letting in cheese. Something to keep in mind is that I reward good Role-playing more than Roll-playing. You want to make that character that one-shots most things, that is fine. Just make sure you role-play the character and realize that these characters want to live. Charging and unknown den that could harbor a band of raiders will lead you to a quick and painful death. Play as if your character's live are at risk. Because when I have an enemy facing you in combat I will be playing them as if they want to live. If you die. You die. Keep that in mind, play the character not the stats. Keep in mind that 8 intelligence is considered normal. So that 10 you may have makes you brighter than most commoners.

The most important two rules I have:
First, do not debate rules after I have made a decision on the rule. I will hear you out, we will read the rule and make a decision. Majority vote will usually take place, I will not vote but I will break ties.
Second, remember we are here to have fun. Both bad and good things happen in stories and that is what DnD is. Storytelling and participation. Come to the game prepared to focus and have a good time. If you are in a foul mood or don't feel like playing, don't. Don't ruin the event for others because you feel obligated to show up. This will lead to a quick dismissal from the group. I don't want drama. I don't want conflict in the party.

Rules of character creation:

Stats: Assign the following stats in any order you wish. 15 - 14 - 13 - 12 - 10 - 8 (No exceptions. I am not allowing point-buy. Stats do not make the character. Role-playing does)

Racial Differences:
Dragonborn - Very few in number. Dragonborn in my setting live as long as elves or possibly even older. It is hard to tell since as Dragonborn age in this setting they tend to go into hibernation. Most people have never seen a Dragonborn again after this happens. Few elves have seen the same Dragonborn again after he/she has gone into hibernation. ((They hibernate for about 200 years then usually sail out east. They know of a separate island where they go to live in peace among only their kind for awhile before heading back to Howurn if they so desire. Their island if viciously protected by full-sized dragons that view the Dragonborn as their young children.))

Teifling - They were once nearly extinct, though their numbers are starting to increase again. Mainly in the city-capitol of Seaside where they are welcomed and most times treated as upper-class citizens.

Dwarves - While they love their true home of Astoh, there is wealth to be made. Many young beardlings(male or female) leave the comforts of home to help the hold bring back wealth that is spent on supplies needed. Many offer their skills as craftsmen and some follow the path of the warrior. Some Dwarves have been away from Astoh so long that they considering their new home to be where they are, even still they will send tithes back to the hold to help raise and safeguard the next generation.

Everyone will start at level 1 and start with only the equipment provided by the class(character creation guidelines). I may make special exceptions check with me privately in regards to that.

Well I am done writing for tonight. I am working on a map of the continent but I am no artist. I'll get it posted up as soon as I get it finished.

I'll check back here tomorrow night after work.

Ienai
November 10th, 2016, 06:59
I will continue to work on this and perhaps even setup a wiki in the future depending on if this turns into a long-term campaign.

Also, the game will start at 6:30PM PST. The room will always be open around 5:45PM PST. Please be on time and ready to play with as little distractions as possible. We will only have two hours a week so we'll do our best to make progress in those two hours instead of playing over four hours with lost of breaks/interruptions. Now, I understand that somethings things happen and that is cool. Just do your best to be focused and prepared.

I will setup the room next Monday night and post the information for the room so you can hop on and work on your characters. The main night for character creation will be next Tuesday 11/15/16. I do not have the license that allows others to join my games without paying for the program. So, if have not paid for Fantasy Grounds I apologize but I will not be able to accommodate you.

Anyway I think that ties up most of the loose ends.

Game time: 6:30PM PST - 8:30PM PST
Character Creation: 11/15/16
First Game: 11/22/16

Ienai
November 10th, 2016, 07:31
Beginnings of the Map of Howurn. Still a work in progress.

**Updated 11/12/16

Litvyak
November 10th, 2016, 21:51
Looks good!

khavi
November 12th, 2016, 21:08
Are you still looking for players? If so, I'd love to join!

Ienai
November 15th, 2016, 01:52
We'll see who joins tomorrow at 6:30 PM PST. I am hoping for at least four people.

Litvyak
November 15th, 2016, 02:31
Can't speak for anybody else, but I'll be there!

Ienai
November 16th, 2016, 02:13
Alright so the password for tonight is the following.

deranged jump young wand

Be sure to update your client to 3.2.1

Ienai
November 16th, 2016, 03:31
Alright so it is 7:30pm. One person showed up. Just want to check on interest in this again. If I do not get any responses from the people that did not show up by Friday I will be posting in the Looking for Players section and your places will be forfeited.

Litvyak
November 19th, 2016, 17:10
Is this still happening?

Torchlock
November 26th, 2016, 16:52
I recently posted a Thread about looking for a group around 7pm CST. Let me know if you are open. Thanks.