PDA

View Full Version : 5e Wizards Theme Customization?

ChazC
November 8th, 2016, 09:48
Does anyone know if it's possible to customize the 5e Wizards theme? One of my players has complained he can't see the sidebar button text that's used for the majority of the 5e themes (the ones that are on the leather background). The only ones that seem more legible are in the Wizards theme, but lets face it the rest of that theme is pretty bland at best. I've watched a couple of YouTube videos on changing themes etc. and understand the procedure but I can't find the Wizard theme graphics anywhere!

Basically all I'm wanting to do is to put the 5e Wizards theme sidebar onto either the More5eFun.ext or the Theme_DungeonAlt50.ext.

In an ideal world I'd love the colored sidebar buttons from the Core ruleset in 5e.

Zacchaeus
November 8th, 2016, 10:39
No, you can't amend the Wizard's Theme. Here's a link to an extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?32740-Colored-5e-Sidebar) which will make the buttons a variety of weird colours which might help

ChazC
November 8th, 2016, 10:50
That's just the ticket, thanks very much!

damned
November 8th, 2016, 12:29
You can have a peek inside the extension you just downloaded.... grab the Core graphics from that .pak file.... and magic might happen... :)

Here is a sneak peek at something I put together tonight for someone to test on MoreCore...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16172&d=1478608291

You can have a lot of fun with graphic extensions. This whole extension is 65kb.

Zacchaeus
November 8th, 2016, 12:43
Damned what have you done to make me have to approve your attachment? Have you been sent to the naughty step again?

ChazC
November 9th, 2016, 02:52
Heh, yeah I was thinking once I had the actual icons it wouldn't take much to 'tweak them a bit'... ;) Cheers!

PTBBC.ORG
November 20th, 2016, 18:02
It would be cool to have alternate themes for 5E. I like the look of that for morecore.

Zacchaeus
November 20th, 2016, 21:49
It would be cool to have alternate themes for 5E. I like the look of that for morecore.

You would have to make them yourself for your own use. I doubt WotC would approve other themes.

damned
November 20th, 2016, 21:54
You would have to make them yourself for your own use. I doubt WotC would approve other themes.

I doubt very much there would be any reason you couldnt share a theme so long as you have rights/permission to use any graphical elements within it.
It is just like creating your own character sheet template in PDF or Word and sharing it.

Zacchaeus
November 20th, 2016, 22:13
I doubt very much there would be any reason you couldnt share a theme so long as you have rights/permission to use any graphical elements within it.
It is just like creating your own character sheet template in PDF or Word and sharing it.

Sorry, yes I was doing too many things at once. I had read that the OP wanted to create a WotC based theme, using their logos etc.