PDA

View Full Version : Creating a Token Module

JohnD
November 8th, 2016, 06:49
This is probably a silly question but... when I'm on my /export screen, I should be able to just drag a folder of tokens into the token area to add them, right? I shouldn't have to drag each token one by one, right?

Savage Worlds - I have a few hundred tokens that I'll only ever use for my TWD game, so I thought it would be good to make them into a module.

Moon Wizard
November 8th, 2016, 08:31
The export window doesn't support dragging and dropping of token bags. All you need for a token module is a definition.xml file (copied and edited from another module) and a tokens folder with all your tokens you want in the module. Then, ZIP them up, renamed to .mod extension, and throw it in the modules directory.

Cheers,
JPG

Trenloe
November 8th, 2016, 16:01
Yep, make it yourself. Look at the Letter Tokens module (lettertokens.mod) as an example.

JohnD
November 8th, 2016, 16:32
Ah thanks. No way I was going to drag/drop one by one.

Ferrin
March 3rd, 2017, 21:01
Ok, so I've been trying to do this. And my module is not showing up in the Tokens Module library. I'm using this for definition.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<root version="3.1">
<name>Tokens</name>
<ruleset>Any</ruleset>
<author>Ferrin</author>
</root>

I'm archiving the tokens folder as a .mod and then adding in the definition.xml. It should work right?

Zacchaeus
March 3rd, 2017, 22:05
You need to include in your tokens folder, the definition.xml and a folder with your tokens in it (called tokens). Then within your folder select both the definition and the folder marked tokens; right click and select add to zip. Once zipped rename to .mod and place in your modules directory. I suspect you are zipping up incorrectly.

Ferrin
March 3rd, 2017, 22:38
alright, so I tried adding to archive, I'm using 7zip. I went into the folder, and selected both definition and tokens at the same time and added them. When the window to designate the archive pops up, I tried both naming it .mod and .zip (then renaming it afterward). And neither time worked.

Moon Wizard
March 3rd, 2017, 23:08
When you view the contents of the module in 7zip, it should look like the attached image.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
March 4th, 2017, 00:01
And don't use 7 Zip's native format. Make sure you're compressing with ZIP compression.

Ferrin
March 4th, 2017, 00:22
Does it have to have a .png? Because that's the only difference between mine and the image above. I don't have a .png. And I am compressing with the zip compressing. And just renaming it afterwards. I do have the option to compress as a .mod, but it's not working either. And I tried it with winzip, and still no luck.

Ferrin
March 4th, 2017, 00:34
Nevermind I figured out what I was doing wrong. When I compressed as a .mod and moved it over, it wasn't replaced with the .zip renamed to the .mod. I guess the names conflicted and neither showed up.