PDA

View Full Version : Any way to change the grid color?

Rictor
September 21st, 2005, 12:41
I dont imagine there is yet, but it would be nice to have an option for a white or yellow grid in addition to the black. Sometimes you want a map to be dark.

Goblin-King
September 21st, 2005, 14:42
As it stands right now, FG uses a lightening method instead of a darkening method for drawing the grid in areas of the image where the color is dark. It should effectively be an adaptive mechanism that should show the grid in all cases. I'll consider this as feedback that the contrast created by the lightening method is a bit too low, and we'll see what we can do about it.

Toadwart
September 26th, 2005, 00:09
Another possible solution might be to increase the size of the grid with (e.g 2 or 3 pixels wide)

I tend to draw my maps with a pre-defined grid anyway so the overlay just overlays my existing gridlines :)

Bitr_Haag
December 21st, 2005, 16:41
First, congrats on the successful work thus far on FG! Since 1.05e, I've had 3 complete gaming sessions with 4 players for over 4 hours without a single crash! Of course I don't use modules and all of my maps are re-sized, etc... not to tax the system.

But from my standpoint, FG has accomplished everything I need to connect my old high school friends around the USA.

The other day, I threw a Dundjinni map up with a grid (created through FG) that was very difficult to see.

Has the original post been addressed in patches or is this still in the works? The maps I use have a lot of detail and color so being able to adjust or change the grid would be a really handy feature.

Thanx,

Bitr

danielpryor
January 27th, 2006, 12:12
Actually it would be great if the grid had a transparency option so I could make it completely invisible as I put grids on my maps already but like to have the pointers calibrated to a grid properly. A button turning the visibility might be easier to code.

Also, is there any way that the pointers could be multiplied by a modifier we put in, I.e. Like 5 for example so that way a cone template I lay down would show like 30 or 35 feet instead of saying 6 or 7. It would be easier. Maybe just a button asking if our maps are in 5' or 10' squares. This way you wouldn't have to create much new code.
Thanks,
-Dan

Goblin-King
February 3rd, 2006, 08:43
This item is still on our todo list. Scripting allows us to make better interfaces, so we'll see what we come up with. Transparency might well be a good idea.

You can override the string that is displayed as a measure of length on grid enabled maps with scripting from 1.06, allowing you to show feet or whatever you want. The plan is to include a simple number control in the d20 default ruleset where you can input the scale, and it will be used as feet per square.

danielpryor
February 3rd, 2006, 19:51
Sounds like version 1.06 is going to be awesome, any idea when it will be out?

chopkins779
September 10th, 2015, 20:43
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25950-Fog-of-War-**BROKEN**&goto=newpost

I found an issue with the dynamic grid lightening...

Trenloe
September 10th, 2015, 21:01
There is no custom width/colour/hidden grid.

Some items on the wishlist that you might want to vote for:

https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=40917
https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=76187

sarm11111
November 27th, 2016, 13:57
That would be very welcome. I use FG on a 43" tv imbedded in my table top and it's a home brew so u use a lot of dif maps and sometimes you can't even see the grid.