PDA

View Full Version : Arcane skills not listed in Fantasy Companion extension

rodney418
November 6th, 2016, 21:27
The Fantasy Companion Extension correctly lists the three new Arcane Backgrounds (which are one of the best things about it IMHO), however it doesn't add the three associated Skills (Alchemy, Ritualism, and Spellweaving), making it tricky to roll spells correctly. Is this going to get updated any time?

Ikael
November 6th, 2016, 22:16
These skills should be in the module as drag and droppable. If I recall right they were in arcane background details. These skills however won't probably list in the new sidebar feature atm.

rodney418
November 6th, 2016, 23:32
I havent seen them. Will double check later.

rodney418
November 7th, 2016, 04:33
Poked through the Fantasy Companion again. Although the new arcane skills are mentioned in the New Arcane Backgrounds section, I can't find any way to drag them into a character sheet and thus connect them with the correct Arcane Background. I did find out that if you create a new skill on the character sheet and manually fill in the associated skill name then it will work correctly. So that's an easy enough workaround I guess :-)

Ikael
November 7th, 2016, 19:38
Poked through the Fantasy Companion again. Although the new arcane skills are mentioned in the New Arcane Backgrounds section, I can't find any way to drag them into a character sheet and thus connect them with the correct Arcane Background. I did find out that if you create a new skill on the character sheet and manually fill in the associated skill name then it will work correctly. So that's an easy enough workaround I guess :-)

I can also confirm that Fantasy Companion module does not introduce new Arcane Background skills as drag-and-droppable entities. Adding this to module would be good improvement. It would also be nice to introduce new skills so that they would appear in the masterindex

zarlor
November 7th, 2016, 23:19
Just to add a little thing I discovered working on some characters today built with the Super Powers Companion 2 I also noticed that while there are plenty of powers I would like to roll for they often don't have a selection to roll them, such as for making a Spirit roll as an attack type. However, the standard SWD version of AB: Super Powers is supposed to use a system where each Super Power has its own skill (same for Martial Artist powers in Deadlands, BTW) and I got to wondering if I just created a normal blank skill while setting the Powers to Super Powers but then gave the skill same name as the Power and set it as an Arcane attack would it work? Sure enough, it uses that skill! Admittedly that's not exactly what you're looking for here BUT on the off-chance the powers were coded with those skill names even if there aren't in there as drag-and-droppable items MAYBE if you just put in the skill (right-click and add a new one) it might roll that appropriately. Might be worth a shot if you haven't already tried that.