PDA

View Full Version : Are the older commercial rulesets being updated?

Valatar
November 6th, 2016, 19:20
'Updated' as in kept functional with FG through the engine updates, not necessarily as in content. Specifically, I'm a huge fan of Arcana Evolved and want to get the FG plugins for it, but not if they're broken after the 3.2 updates or will be broken in the near future.

ddavison
November 6th, 2016, 19:29
They do get updated over time and are prioritized base on popularity. Unfortunately, the Arcana Evolved ruleset is probably the least popular of the older rulesets, along with Iron Heroes.

Valatar
November 6th, 2016, 19:42
Soooooo.... Is that a 'it works', 'it's broken', or 'it's broken but will work sometime in the future'?

Valatar
November 6th, 2016, 20:12
Or even a 'It's broken but we have sufficient documentation for a reasonably-competent person to edit the files themselves and make it work in an hour or so'. I'm not averse to some tinkering.

ddavison
November 6th, 2016, 20:17
I just reached out to Moon Wizard to see if he can chime in. They did not use the CoreRPG system, so they will have older functionality and none of the newer bells and whistles. Since the updates in 3.2 were mostly confined to CoreRPG and dependent rulesets, these should continue to function as they have in the past.

Valatar
November 6th, 2016, 21:09
Thanks for checking up on it, I know the poor AE stuff is never gonna be on the front burner, which is a terrible shame. If Monte hadn't bailed out on it before fleshing out the setting, it could've gone far.