PDA

View Full Version : MoreCore Ruleset

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14

Ctmega
January 7th, 2020, 14:49
damned,

I ran into a few issues trying to bring MoreCore (and my AGE system games) into Unity. Before I went too far trying to debug, I wanted to make sure that you had intentions of bringing MoreCore to the Unity platform and offer my assistance in testing if in fact that is a desire of yours.

Please let me know.

Thanks!

Samzagas
January 7th, 2020, 15:03
How do you measure Total Skill?

Your total skill is the sum of two stats plus however many ranks you have on the skill, so it goes like this: Stat A + Stat B + Skill Ranks = Skill Total

vvZODvv
January 7th, 2020, 20:45
With regards to the 3d dice shown when making a dice roll: Is there a way for a d3 roll to show as a d6 rather than a Fudge die?

damned
January 7th, 2020, 21:22
With regards to the 3d dice shown when making a dice roll: Is there a way for a d3 roll to show as a d6 rather than a Fudge die?

That is CoreRPG Im pretty sure - if ?
you can confirm it isnt

damned
January 7th, 2020, 21:23
Your total skill is the sum of two stats plus however many ranks you have on the skill, so it goes like this: Stat A + Stat B + Skill Ranks = Skill Total

Any other modifiers come into play?

damned
January 7th, 2020, 21:23
damned,

I ran into a few issues trying to bring MoreCore (and my AGE system games) into Unity. Before I went too far trying to debug, I wanted to make sure that you had intentions of bringing MoreCore to the Unity platform and offer my assistance in testing if in fact that is a desire of yours.

Please let me know.

Thanks!

I do.

vvZODvv
January 7th, 2020, 21:59
That is CoreRPG Im pretty sure - if ?
you can confirm it isnt

In MoreCore /die 1d3 rolls a Fudge die visually but (correctly) reports a 1, 2, or 3.
In CoreRPG the same dice string visually rolls a d6.

Can MoreCore be made to show a d6 rolling like CoreRPG does?

damned
January 8th, 2020, 00:27
In MoreCore /die 1d3 rolls a Fudge die visually but (correctly) reports a 1, 2, or 3.
In CoreRPG the same dice string visually rolls a d6.

Can MoreCore be made to show a d6 rolling like CoreRPG does?

Edit this file: \common\funky_dice.xml

Change

<customdie name="d3">
<model>dF</model>
<menuicon>icond3</menuicon>
<script>
function onValue(result)
return math.random(3);
end
</script>
</customdie>

to

<customdie name="d3">
<model>d6</model>
<script>
function onValue(result)
return math.random(3);
end
</script>
</customdie>

Ctmega
January 8th, 2020, 14:25
I do.

To that end, would you prefer I post my findings on this thread or somewhere in the Unity Thread? The main thing I found so far is that the /myinit roll triggers a console error referencing a null field. I am currently at work but will give you the specifics once I am able to reproduce it from my home PC.

Thanks!

Samzagas
January 8th, 2020, 15:21
Any other modifiers come into play?

More or less, the target number is your Skill Total, modified by the difficulty, but it's all in fractions. I'll copy the table from the book:
Difficulty --- Skill Modifier
Very Easy --- Double the skill value
Easy --- Add half again to the skill value
Standard --- No adjustment.
Hard --- Reduce the skill value by one third
Formidable --- Reduce the skill value by half
Herculean --- Reduce the skill value to one tenth

Everything is rounded up.
You can probably skip this part and let the users do the calculations manually.

vvZODvv
January 8th, 2020, 21:40
Edit this file: \common\funky_dice.xml

Change

<customdie name="d3">
<model>dF</model>
<script>
function onValue(result)
return math.random(3);
end
</script>
</customdie>

to

<customdie name="d3">
<model>d6</model>
<script>
function onValue(result)
return math.random(3);
end
</script>
</customdie>

Piece of cake. Thanks damned.

Ctmega
January 10th, 2020, 02:12
Here is the output from unity when trying to use the /myinit roll:

[1/9/2020 8:44:17 PM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template (visible) in class (cli_rolls)
[1/9/2020 8:44:17 PM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template (visible) in class (cli_rolls)
[1/9/2020 8:44:18 PM] [NOTICE] s'performAction: ' | nil | { s'sType' = s'pc', s'sCreatureNode' = s'charsheet.id-00001', s'sCTNode' = s'', s'sName' = s'Dragon AGE Template' } | s'3d6+0 Initiative'
[1/9/2020 8:44:18 PM] [NOTICE] s'who am i?: ' | s'charsheet.id-00001'
[1/9/2020 8:44:18 PM] [NOTICE] s'performAction: ' | nil | { s'sType' = s'pc', s'sCreatureNode' = s'charsheet.id-00001', s'sCTNode' = s'', s'sName' = s'Dragon AGE Template' } | { s'aDice' = { #1 = s'd6', #2 = s'd6', #3 = s'd6' }, s'nMod' = #0, s'sWho' = s'charsheet.id-00001', s'sType' = s'myinit', s'sDesc' = s'Initiative (3d6+0)' }
[1/9/2020 8:44:22 PM] [NOTICE] s'onLanded: ' | { s'sType' = s'pc', s'sCreatureNode' = s'charsheet.id-00001', s'sCTNode' = s'', s'sName' = s'Dragon AGE Template' } | nil | { s'aDice' = { #1 = { s'value' = #1, s'type' = s'd6', s'result' = #1 }, #2 = { s'value' = #1, s'type' = s'd6', s'result' = #1 }, #3 = { s'value' = #4, s'type' = s'd6', s'result' = #4 }, s'expr' = s'3d6' }, s'nMod' = #0, s'sWho' = s'charsheet.id-00001', s'sType' = s'myinit', s'bSecret' = bFALSE, s'sDesc' = s'Initiative (3d6+0)' }
[1/9/2020 8:44:22 PM] [NOTICE] s'nTotal: ' | #0
[1/9/2020 8:44:22 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_custom_init.lua"]:87: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'result' (a nil value)

I also get the following when starting a game with the MoreCore ruleset:

[1/9/2020 9:10:38 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene starting.
[1/9/2020 9:11:01 PM] [NOTICE] Spawning private server.
[1/9/2020 9:11:01 PM] [NOTICE] Connected to game server.
[1/9/2020 9:11:02 PM] [NOTICE] Launcher scene exiting.
[1/9/2020 9:11:02 PM] [NOTICE] Tabletop scene starting.
[1/9/2020 9:11:13 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (smallheadertext). [MoreCore] [graphics/graphics_fonts_mc.xml]
[1/9/2020 9:11:17 PM] [NOTICE] s'aMajor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #4, s'MoreCore' = #1 } | s' aMinor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #0, s'MoreCore' = #51 }
[1/9/2020 9:11:17 PM] [NOTICE] s'onInit: registerResultHandler'

damned
January 10th, 2020, 12:30
Thanks for this Ctmega

I have added tags for the missing TTF font file in the next build.
I dont believe that the current build has any visible tags - what version of MoreCore are you using?
I cant recreate your /myinit error - could you please export and upload the character xml file?

Ctmega
January 10th, 2020, 12:51
Version 1.51

Attached is my Dragon Age Character sheet template. It is a work in progress but should allow you to replicate the error on Unity. Basically the /myinit roll is tied to a manually defined modifier as (p1). It's basically a 3d6+(p1) roll. Ultimately I tried to drag in the Dex Modifier value and focus (Conditional +2) values for (a) and (b) but could never get it to calculate properly so I went back to having the player enter the calculated value in the provided box.

Thanks!

damned
January 10th, 2020, 13:03
Very strange... so this also works fine for you in FGC?
I havent yet installed FGU...

Ctmega
January 10th, 2020, 13:21
Yeah, it seems to work fine in FGC (Doesn't generate errors anyway) and the value gets updated in the linked field on the character sheet as well as the CT.

On Unity, it doesn't update the linked field because it never calculates the roll. It rolls the dice but never captures the output in chat.

damned
January 11th, 2020, 07:45
Here is the output from unity when trying to use the /myinit roll:

[1/9/2020 8:44:22 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_custom_init.lua"]:87: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'result' (a nil value)

For the moment change the manager_custom_init.lua file

Ln 86 for k,v in pairs(rRoll.aDice) do

change it to

Ln 86 for k,v in ipairs(rRoll.aDice) do

Thanks for the report.

Jedrious
January 12th, 2020, 01:48
Is 1.51 the most current version, it just seems odd that there hasn't been any changes in 9 months

damned
January 12th, 2020, 02:03
Is 1.51 the most current version, it just seems odd that there hasn't been any changes in 9 months

Are you after something in particular?
Ive added a lot of functionality for very specific things and various people are testing those.
For several reasons the new build is waiting some feedback and bug testing but is very close.

Jedrious
January 12th, 2020, 02:05
Are you after something in particular?
Ive added a lot of functionality for very specific things and various people are testing those.
For several reasons the new build is waiting some feedback and bug testing but is very close.

Yes, I would like the panels in the MoreData tab to be able to display and use rolls just like the panels in the MoreCore tab

damned
January 12th, 2020, 02:14
Yes, I would like the panels in the MoreData tab to be able to display and use rolls just like the panels in the MoreCore tab

Hi Jedrious

That is not in my plans for MoreCore.
You can write an extension to add another Tab for more Rolls or you could overwrite the MoreData tab with your definitions.

The required code looks like this:

<list_text name="cliroller">
<anchored to="cas2">
<left offset="10" />
<top offset="30" />
<right offset="-4" />
<bottom offset="-10" />
</anchored>
<newfocus>name</newfocus>
<datasource>.clilist2</datasource>
<class>cli_rolls</class>
<acceptdrop>
<class>cas</class>
<class>trackers</class>
<field>*</field>
</acceptdrop>
</list_text>
<scrollbar_rolls name="scroll_2">
<anchored to="cas2" />
<target>cliroller</target>
</scrollbar_rolls>

cliroller is the listname - each list needs a unique name
cas2 is the parent frame name - each list is typically in a separate frame, each frame has a unique name (in fact all named entities should have unique names)
.clilist is the node name in the database - each list needs its own node
the accept drop section is where it tells the list what datatypes to accept - trackers is largely redundant since we combined that functionality into rolls (previously called cas)
the scrollbar is for lists that overrun the frame length/height

Jedrious
January 12th, 2020, 02:29
31193 Just to make sure, the highlighted section is what I would replace, correct?

damned
January 12th, 2020, 02:32
Pretty much yes - You would need to anchor to data2 and update the relevant names from the code I posted.

Jedrious
January 12th, 2020, 02:32
Thank you

Jedrious
January 12th, 2020, 02:51
I just received an error when ctrl+scrollwheel on a roll (This is on 1.51, I have not yet saved any changes that I have in store for the panels)
Script Error: [string "scripts/parameter_manager.lua"]:21: attempt to index a nil value

damned
January 12th, 2020, 03:13
You might need to add the whole

<windowclass name="cli_rolls">

from more to moredata

and remove
<windowclass name="list_trackers">
and
<windowclass name="list_newtrackers">

please note i posted only the first line of each - you would need the whole code section.

Jedrious
January 12th, 2020, 03:16
This was in the More tab (and like I said, have not saved any changes to the ruleset as of yet, still deciding whether to change MoreData or add another tab)

damned
January 12th, 2020, 03:21
You will need to provide more info.
Please export the character and upload it and also tell me exactly what you did to create the error.

Jedrious
January 12th, 2020, 03:31
On the More Tab, for the P.P.E. roll in the personal energy panel, while hovering over the modifier, I used ctrl+scrollwheel to change the number and that gave me the error.

damned
January 12th, 2020, 03:37
Come and join me in the FG discord and go thru this with me.
There is no Roll data in any of your rolls - they are all empty.
I cannot follow your direction - there is no field labelled Modifier in your rolls in PPE?

Jedrious
January 12th, 2020, 03:38
invite link please

damned
January 12th, 2020, 03:39
https://discord.gg/VKbhkSt im damned#0166
Text chat only please

damned
January 12th, 2020, 06:35
Jedrious was using Rolls without any Roll Data added. Adding a Roll string (use something like /trait, /mtrait, /ability etc that doesnt make a roll, only has text output, is fine) and the error wont occur.

damned
January 14th, 2020, 14:19
Is there an easy way the dice strings in the "Attacks" section of the MoreCore tab of the character sheet to be rolled directly rather than going into the Dice Pool? I am looking to the CoreRPG functionality here.

Dice Pool will default to Off for new campaigns in the next build.

damned
January 15th, 2020, 04:20
Ok folks.
New build of MoreCore has just been posted.
I have a tonne of work to do on the doco and will be doing that over the next few days.
Bunch of new rolls, a nice new roll that accepts a dynamic target to modify.

Please post questions/issues(/maybe requests) in this thread.

Gwydion
January 15th, 2020, 05:27
Ok folks.
New build of MoreCore has just been posted.
I have a tonne of work to do on the doco and will be doing that over the next few days.
Bunch of new rolls, a nice new roll that accepts a dynamic target to modify.

Please post questions/issues(/maybe requests) in this thread.

You, my friend are a gentlemen and a scholar. We don't tell you enough. Thanks for all you do! Its not like this is your day job and, speaking for at least one man your efforts are VERY much appreciated.

damned
January 17th, 2020, 15:58
Creating a MoreCore characters sheet for Dungeon World

https://youtu.be/u7UENAvECO8

wndrngdru
January 18th, 2020, 03:58
Creating a MoreCore characters sheet for Dungeon World

https://youtu.be/u7UENAvECO8

I like the way you set up the damage dice. The rest of the sheet is very similar to the way I set the "pregens" up for the DW manual I did. Linked here. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50825-Dungeon-World-Manual)
Hmmm... It looks like the screenshots disappeared. I'll have to see if I still have those hanging around somewhere.

damned
January 18th, 2020, 05:24
those rolls may not have been there when you made your setup wndrngdru

damned
January 18th, 2020, 12:28
Added a minor update (no version number changes) as per a possible bug posted elsewhere...
There are other minor tweaks going on as well but nothing deserving of a song and dance...

Valatar
January 20th, 2020, 19:25
I'm curious about Alternity. For those who aren't old and don't know the OG Alternity system, it was a d20 roll under target engine, but with quirks to it. You have your basic target number, say 12. But if you roll under the halfway mark, it's considered a good success, and if you roll under the quarter mark it's an amazing success. So if your skill's score is 12, 1-3 is amazing, 4-6 is good, 7-12 is a plain success, 13-19 is a failure, 20 is a crit fail. You roll both the main d20 and a situation die, either as a bonus or penalty, chosen by the DM, so an easy task might have a d6 rolled and removed from your d20, a hard task might add a d10 to it, because rolling low is good.

Is there remotely any ways to automate that math, or would that need a dedicated ruleset to pull off?

graziano.girelli
January 20th, 2020, 20:32
Is there a changelog of MoreCore? I lost the news :-(

damned
January 21st, 2020, 00:37
I'm curious about Alternity. For those who aren't old and don't know the OG Alternity system, it was a d20 roll under target engine, but with quirks to it. You have your basic target number, say 12. But if you roll under the halfway mark, it's considered a good success, and if you roll under the quarter mark it's an amazing success. So if your skill's score is 12, 1-3 is amazing, 4-6 is good, 7-12 is a plain success, 13-19 is a failure, 20 is a crit fail. You roll both the main d20 and a situation die, either as a bonus or penalty, chosen by the DM, so an easy task might have a d6 rolled and removed from your d20, a hard task might add a d10 to it, because rolling low is good.

Is there remotely any ways to automate that math, or would that need a dedicated ruleset to pull off?

Valatar please post as much info as possible.
Ill write the roll if you export a completed sample character sheet and share it.

damned
January 21st, 2020, 00:39
Is there a changelog of MoreCore? I lost the news :-(

Sad to say - no.
Im also waaaay behind in doco.

If anyone wants to search thru the rolls in scripts and compare to the current doco and let me know all those that dont appear to be doco'd it would make my life a lot easier.

wndrngdru
January 22nd, 2020, 02:15
If anyone wants to search thru the rolls in scripts and compare to the current doco and let me know all those that dont appear to be doco'd it would make my life a lot easier.

@damned Do you want just the missing ones, or the ones where the help text doesn't match the docs too?

Hmm... It looks like most of the help text hasn't been updated from the /rolld script it was based on. So, never mind on that. :D

damned
January 22nd, 2020, 02:53
@damned Do you want just the missing ones, or the ones where the help text doesn't match the docs too?

Hmm... It looks like most of the help text hasn't been updated from the /rolld script it was based on. So, never mind on that. :D

The main issue is the html help file.
As you point out the help text within rolls hasnt been maintained...
If you are really keen and you doco that i will update them too.

wndrngdru
January 22nd, 2020, 03:29
The main issue is the html help file.
As you point out the help text within rolls hasnt been maintained...
If you are really keen and you doco that i will update them too.

Okay. For starters, here's a quick list of all the manager_custom_*.lua scripts I found that weren't present at all in the linked help file. If I get some time in the next couple days, I'll dig deeper and flag the ones where the help text is obviously incorrect.

damned
January 22nd, 2020, 04:17
hah! that is so funny, and sad, and good and depressing!

thats 30 odd rolls to doco but its also 30 more pieces of goodness!

damned
January 22nd, 2020, 04:21
Some of those are quite fun.
Heres an easter egg for you -

type /chatimage combat or /chatimage treasure or /chatimage night (there are a bunch more) into chat

Valcorin
January 26th, 2020, 21:59
Looking for a sanity check: I want to link the penalty in Harn Skill: /harnskill x#y# (roll 1d100 to determine success level given a Mastery Level and Penalty) to a field on the character sheet and dynamically modify it.
So for example, let's say my character sheet has a Fatigue box with -5 in it and I have a mastery of 55 so
1) 55 - 5 = 50 for the first roll
Making that roll causes the macro to update the Fatigue box to -10 so that the next roll would be
2) 55 - 10 = 45 for the second roll
and so on.
Is it possible to dynamically link a box on the character sheet to a roll and have it auto-increment each time the roll is executed? Thanks.

Gwydion
January 26th, 2020, 22:08
Damned. Do you know if there is a way to create a roll to solve for a fight in Rangers of Shadow Deep? When a Ranger attacks or is attacked by an enemy in hand to hand combat, they both roll a d20 and add their fight score modifier (which is an attribute). The high score wins but then the score is compared to the loser's armour and the difference between the fight score and the armour is the damage applied.

Example:
Ranger rolls a 14 and has a fight score of +4. Final score of 18.
Zombie rolls a 17 and has a fight score of +0. Final score of 17.
Ranger wins fight.
Zombie has an armour of 10.
Ranger's fight score of 18 minus Zombie's armour of 10 results in 8 damage.

This is pretty easy to handle in practice of course and I have the fight rolls already set up. Just wondering if there is a way to code the above. If there is a tie in fight scores they both do damage to each other but that is a fringe case..

Just curious. :)

damned
January 26th, 2020, 22:47
Looking for a sanity check: I want to link the penalty in Harn Skill: /harnskill x#y# (roll 1d100 to determine success level given a Mastery Level and Penalty) to a field on the character sheet and dynamically modify it.
So for example, let's say my character sheet has a Fatigue box with -5 in it and I have a mastery of 55 so
1) 55 - 5 = 50 for the first roll
Making that roll causes the macro to update the Fatigue box to -10 so that the next roll would be
2) 55 - 10 = 45 for the second roll
and so on.
Is it possible to dynamically link a box on the character sheet to a roll and have it auto-increment each time the roll is executed? Thanks.

You will have to provide some more info Valcorin

I create two rolls:
Fatigue
<no formula>
hide p2/p3
Set p1 as 5

Riding
/harnskill x(p1)y(a)
hide p2/p3
Set p1 as 50
dragged Fatigue.p1 to (a)

And I get result

Riding (ML 55)
[Skill Test at EML 50]
68 -> [Marginal Failure]

Dont use -ive numbers as your penalty source

damned
January 26th, 2020, 22:59
Ranger rolls a 14 and has a fight score of +4. Final score of 18.
Zombie rolls a 17 and has a fight score of +0. Final score of 17.
Ranger wins fight.
Zombie has an armour of 10.
Ranger's fight score of 18 minus Zombie's armour of 10 results in 8 damage.

So there is a roll called DamageDR
I would setup your Attack Rolls using the /damagedr roll.
Do not use Targeting

Do something like this:

Set c4 as Fight Score

create roll
Great Sword
/damagedr 1d20+(a)
drag Fight Score into (a)

then roll your Attacks for each
whoever wins you drag the winning roll onto their target and it will apply roll-defence (armour) to the recipient

except it doesnt... the applying on dragging a completed roll isnt working
if you think the above would work let me know and I will try and make that roll work on a post roll drag

Gwydion
January 26th, 2020, 23:08
So there is a roll called DamageDR
I would setup your Attack Rolls using the /damagedr roll.
Do not use Targeting

Do something like this:

Set c4 as Fight Score

create roll
Great Sword
/damagedr 1d20+(a)
drag Fight Score into (a)

then roll your Attacks for each
whoever wins you drag the winning roll onto their target and it will apply roll-defence (armour) to the recipient

except it doesnt... the applying on dragging a completed roll isnt working
if you think the above would work let me know and I will try and make that roll work on a post roll drag

I'm going to try something based on what you posted but yes, that sounds like it would work perfect!

Gwydion
January 26th, 2020, 23:17
Yep. Definitely would work if that is possible. Thanks!

Valcorin
January 26th, 2020, 23:47
Thanks for the quick reply. Basically, I need to modify the /harnskill roll by Fatigue. Fatigue accrues with each action taken (success or failure). So my character starts with 0 Fatigue, does something, goes to say -5, does something else, goes to -10, etc. So the ability in question has a changing penalty applied to it that ideally is dynamically updated (rather than manually changed by the character).

I wasn't sure if there was a feedback mechanism (other than damage). Speaking of which, I could co-opt the damage mechanism to do this since I don't need hit points per se.

damned
January 27th, 2020, 02:02
Thanks for the quick reply. Basically, I need to modify the /harnskill roll by Fatigue. Fatigue accrues with each action taken (success or failure). So my character starts with 0 Fatigue, does something, goes to say -5, does something else, goes to -10, etc. So the ability in question has a changing penalty applied to it that ideally is dynamically updated (rather than manually changed by the character).

I wasn't sure if there was a feedback mechanism (other than damage). Speaking of which, I could co-opt the damage mechanism to do this since I don't need hit points per se.

Try this awesome new roll Valcorin

Create a Roll called Fatigue
enable Forumla
/tmod (p2)
Hide (p3)
drag the (p1) field from this same roll on the charsheet into (a)
Set the value of (p2) to be 5

Create a Roll called Riding
enable Formula
/harnskill x(p1)y(a)
Hide (p2) and (p3)
drag the (p1) field from Fatigue on the charsheet into the (a) field of this roll
Set the (p1) field to the characters Riding Skill

When you are fatigued at 1 level - eg a cost of 5 you click the Fatigue button
This will increase Fatigue (p1) to 5 which will increase the penalty on All Rolls setup the same as Riding

When you are fatigued at 2 levels - eg a cost of 10 you click the Fatigue button a second time
This will increase Fatigue (p1) to 10 which will increase the penalty on All Rolls setup the same as Riding

When you recover fatigue you will manually click and delete Fatigue (p1)
Or you could setup another tmod roll to reduce the fatigue

AKB
January 29th, 2020, 12:46
Hi Damned. I decided to use MoreCore for Symbaroum since the official mod, while the tables work now, doesn't really allow creating your own creatures, items, and such. I love Symbaroum but need to be able to tweak my stuff. I don't feel bad about getting the Symbaroum official ruleset and hope they will one day improve it to be more flexible. Admittedly, it would not be easy to make it flexible like many rulesets are.

Thanks for creating MoreCore... my friend is also using it for a Morrow Project campaign after I told him I'd be using it.

damned
January 29th, 2020, 13:42
Hi Damned. I decided to use MoreCore for Symbaroum since the official mod, while the tables work now, doesn't really allow creating your own creatures, items, and such. I love Symbaroum but need to be able to tweak my stuff. I don't feel bad about getting the Symbaroum official ruleset and hope they will one day improve it to be more flexible. Admittedly, it would not be easy to make it flexible like many rulesets are.

Thanks for creating MoreCore... my friend is also using it for a Morrow Project campaign after I told him I'd be using it.

Hi AKB

Id love to see how you are currently doing that - exported character sheet and screenshot?
I have a new feature for helping with Leveling up characters - mostly informative but can be extended.
Are there questions you have about how to do things in MoreCore?

And thanks for the feedback!

AKB
January 29th, 2020, 14:04
The one thing that would be GREAT for me in MoreCore is that /symb roller could return how much the target was missed by. The fact that it allows being passed other dice is terrific, because I prefer to use 2d10 to 1d20 (hate too much variation in luck). But I also like to use the target over/under to give special combat options for players who roll high enough and also to special moves to creatures when the PCs miss their defense roll by too much. Besides that, I have everything working with a character sheet template and basic creature template. I'll try to post the exports here after cleaning them up a bit.

As for leveling up, that is terrific! I love how 5e does this and that must have taken someone a ton of work. Doing this is Symbaroum would be pretty difficult due to there being so many options to apply, but using info objects could be nice. I'd think just dragging those onto the character sheet would work as well? I guess you are allowing many objects to be added on at once?

damned
January 29th, 2020, 14:13
If you can provide me more detail on that roll in the next 24 hours Ill get it into the next build.

As MoreCore needs to remain as generic as possible Ive gone with an approach that leads you build out the INFORMATION for each level and it will report that in Chat as you drag a new level over each time.
Here is an example using something from Low Fantasy Gaming.
Everything will be editable within Fantasy Grounds so you can enter in the Class Info (just do a few levels at a time) and you can export them to a module for later re-use too.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31370

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31369

AKB
January 29th, 2020, 14:22
Wow! That looks amazing for leveling up. MoreCore just keeps getting better...

This is the roll, and no rush as I will be working on the campaign for several months due to it being mostly a sandbox, but thank you so much!
Symbaroum: /symb 1d20x# (roll equal/under target) < This is from your doc, and it returns either "succeed" or "fail". What the version in the official ruleset does is gives e.g. "succeed 5" or "fail -1" Doesn't matter if the success/fail margin is negative or positive, since it will be obvious that you either passed or missed by the integer displayed (it returns 0 if you exactly hit target). It is simply roll e.g. 2d10 (1d20 by standard rules) and roll under or equal to the given target. So I'd guess having it work like the official ruleset one and showing the margin of pass/fail should be only a few lines of code.

damned
January 29th, 2020, 14:30
You also can put in a full description with draggable extras.
Eg in this one there is a parcel with all the Fighters Standard equipment plus Rolls that can be dragged out onto the char sheet at the right stage.
This is also stored on the Character sheet.

I should be able to do that. Hopefully by the weekend Ill have wrapped up this build.
Stuck on doco...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31372

AKB
January 29th, 2020, 14:35
Amazing.

Brotherkelly
January 29th, 2020, 16:20
Hi all, I have looked through the various posts on the forum and not been able to find what I am looking for, which is:

Is there a way for a modifier that is set by the GM to be applied to a client when they perform their next roll? For example, a player is making an attribute check and the GM needs to apply additional modifiers for difficulty, etc. One option would be to get the player to put the value in the Mod box at the bottom of the desktop but I would like to be able to set the value and then when the player makes the roll the additional modifier is applied.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

AKB
January 29th, 2020, 18:24
The little +/- icon in upper right allows storing modifiers. You can apply these to the mod box in a single click any time.

damned
January 29th, 2020, 19:02
Modifiers always go into the active modifier box.
As GM that is always yours - as a player if you have two characters it will go into the one that is active.
So the GM can only verbally set the modifier - eg the player will have to apply it.

Brotherkelly
January 29th, 2020, 19:29
Thanks Damned, thought that would be the case.

AKB
January 30th, 2020, 02:53
I set modifiers for my players' rolls all of the time. Modifier always applies to the next roll in my experience, regardless of who makes it.

damned
January 30th, 2020, 03:37
I set modifiers for my players' rolls all of the time. Modifier always applies to the next roll in my experience, regardless of who makes it.

I dont think so....

AKB
January 30th, 2020, 04:25
I dont think so....

Hmmm.... I use effects heavily in my current 5e campaign, and those certainly work. If it is true that there are separate modifier stacks for each player, then Symbaroum will not work smoothly. I am making heavy use of the /mod feature in MoreCore to e.g. use one click to set the specific defense on a monster, so when the player makes their attack roll it modifies that roll with description of why. Having to verbally tell the player to set the right defense will not work well. This may also be a flaw in the official Symbaroum ruleset. If so, ouch. Perhaps FG needs a "shared mod stack" mode, and a "separated mod stack" mode to support this "player rolls everything" oddity of Symbaroum well. Better would be the GM having 2 separate mod stacks, one for their own rolls, and one that will impact the next roll made by a player.

damned
January 30th, 2020, 05:32
what would happen if the players acted out of order?
can you outline in as much detail as possible how the Symbaroum mechanics work and Ill see what we can come up with.
Other games like Dungeon World are all player only rolls - Im sure we can work out a solid solution.

AKB
January 30th, 2020, 05:47
what would happen if the players acted out of order?

The mod box would become a shared resource and respected as such. But FG not allowing the GM to modify player rolls seems like a very serious limitation. I ran Savage Worlds for years and I suppose it is only because I did such a good job of laying all of the possible modifiers out for players that I never noticed this. In 5e that I am now running, there are no modifiers. It is either advantage/disadvantage that the players can easily click, or many, many effects that I can indeed apply to their character and it impact their rolls perfectly.

The way that Symbaroum works is very original and I love it for that. The players make ALL of the rolls! How is this possible?

-Each specific creature gets a fixed attack modifier, fixed defense modified, and fixed amount of damage when it hits (along with effects), and fixed armor absorption on hit. The key here is the term "fixed" for creatures, meaning they never need to roll and only modify players rolls.
-When the player attacks the creature, their attack roll is modified by the fixed defense modifier of the creature.
-When the player hits, they roll for damage and the fixed armor reduction of the creature is subtracted from that damage.
-When the creature attacks the player, the player rolls defense, and this is modified by the creatures fixed attack modifier.
-When the creature hits the player, the player rolls his armor reduction and this is modified by the fixed damage that the creature weapons being employed does (effects, like poisoned, are applied separate and can be done with FG effects with no problem).

So you can see that this means that if the GM can impact the mods on player rolls then EVERYTHING works great. But if they cannot, then NOTHING works. Even if the player is told how to modify it, the combat log cannot show the message on what the modifier is, whereas using your /mod feature this is fully supported.

damned
January 30th, 2020, 11:17
ok.
we need to spell this out in detail

what is the /symb roll? its a 1d20 (but you prefer that not be hard coded so you can substitute 2d10)

Attack Rolls.
Are they modified by BOTH attacker Attack Bonus AND defender Defense Modifier?
Do you roll over or under?
What if you roll Equal?
Are there other modifiers? Why?
What should the chat output do/say?

Defense Rolls.
Are they modified by BOTH attacker Attack Bonus AND defender Defense Modifier?
Do you roll over or under?
What if you roll Equal?
Are there other modifiers? Why?
What should the chat output do/say?

For Damage on Monsters the DamageDR button will do this using Defence as the number to reduce by
or DamageDR4 button will do this using c4 as the number to reduce by
or DamageDR5 button will do this using c5 as the number to reduce by

What fields do you need on the Char Sheet for this?

We have:
Health (renameable) which is total hp or health
Defence (renameable) which either makes you harder to hit or reduces the damage taken - i think this shoudl be your defence modifier
Wounds
c4 (renameable) one of these should be Damage Reduction and the Other Attack Bonus
c5 (renameable) one of these should be Damage Reduction and the Other Attack Bonus

AKB
January 30th, 2020, 12:12
-The current /symb roll works great. You can designate any dice to roll (official rules say 1d20, but I can already say 2d10 and it works great), and it is roll equal to or under target number which is a parameter. The problem is that unlike the official ruleset, it doesn't show how much the roll was over or under (or equal to) the target. I would like this to show because this gives a "degree of success/failure" that can be very useful, but is not used much in official rules.

-Generally, each character/monster attribute (accurate, cunning, discreet, persuasive, quick, resolute, strong, and vigilant) is used to do a simple calculation that yields exactly one modifier for that stat. Attributes range from 5 to 15, where the modifier is simply +5 for a 5 in that attribute, up to -5 for a 15 in that attribute. So 10 is a zero modifier and higher attributes gives lower mods because it is a roll under/equal system.

-Attack roll
IF PC is attacking, then they will usually use need to roll under or equal to their Accurate (this can vary as you level up, what matters is that it will always be one of the attributes, perhaps with modifiers, but always resulting in a single general target attack number to roll under. Generally, tests are simply rolling under your target for the appropriate attribute. So if I have a 13 in Accurate, I would normally have to roll under that to hit, but the main modifier will be fixed for that particular creature based by default on Quick. So if they have a 14 quick, that yields a -4 modifier to my attack roll target. This would be easy, because I can have a MoreCore roll that says, "/mod -4 Goblin Parry", so I'd click this and say, "Ok, roll your attack" which would do the /symb roll with target of 13 which can be fed in by your terrific parameter feature, and the combat log would say for the /symb roll (since your rolls can have text) "Failure Sword attack (13) -4 Goblin Parry/Evade Roll 16" So my target would have been reduced to 9 and I've have to roll equal/under that to hit. This would ideally say "Failure by 7 Sword attack (13) -4 Goblin Parry Roll 16" with the amount if failed by. I have all of this working now in MoreCore, but it relies on my ability to click the Goblin parry and apply it to the next PC attack roll.

-Defense Roll
Again, because only the PCs ever roll and the GM is just modifying their roll, when a monster attacks, the PC rolls on their Defense, which is by default based on Quick (let's say it is 12 here) but can be manual modified easily enough as /symb 1d20 (Quick or override value) combat text = Parry/Evade (12)". In this case, the monster would normally be attacking with their modifier based on, you guessed it, their accurate score. So I would create "/mod -2 text"Goblin Sword Attack -2". Click this roll loading it into the mod stat, and having it apply to the player's Parry/evade /symb roll of 12 for output like "Success by 3 Parry/Evade (12) -Goblin Sword Attack -2 Roll 7" because 7 is under the modified target of 12-2=10.

-Damage
Player weapons have a roll for damage e.g. 1d6, and the monster have direct damage reduction of a set amount. So I set up a roll in MoreCore like "/roll 1d6 text"Sword Damage", but I must first click the "/mod -2 Goblin Leather Armor" so the combat log might show "Sword Damage - 2 Goblin Armor = 2 Roll 4" and this comes strait off of the Toughness (same as HP) of the Goblin.
Creature weapons will always have a set damage values that is usually based on what the die would be on average rounded up, so e.g. a Goblin Sword would do 4 damage every time. Except! of course, the PC gets to roll their Leather Armor which in this case is a roll rather than being fixed in the monster case, so let's say their leather absorbs 1d4. (should be obvious how to do this with /mod and /symb as before) for combat log like "Leather Armor Absorbs (1d4 NOTE that you have a die roller that you can make negative, so this still works) of Goblin's 4 damage for = 3 Roll 1.

BUT NONE OF THIS WORKS, if it is true that my beautiful /mod rolls on creatures cannot apply to the PC rolls!?

damned
January 30th, 2020, 23:00
too much ambiguity still.

does attack ALWAYS use Accurate?
does defence ALWAYS use Quick?

are there any positive modifiers to Damage? like strength?

Dave Stitt
January 31st, 2020, 02:39
I've been experimenting with my Harn Master character sheet design and coded another roll. I don't know if anyone will find this useful or helpful but I thought I'd post it for anyone's use.

Usage: /harnroll x#y#z#code# [message]

x = Mastery Level (code 0) or Attribute score (code 9)
y = Penalty total (not counting incidentals tracked with Modifiers)
z = Interpretation varies depending on value of code parameter
code = Code designating meaning of parameter z
message = Optional pre-pend text that appears before the roll name in chat

This is a Harn Master roll that contains some simple automation. To support the roll's automation certain assumptions are made about the structure of the character sheet. First, the combat panel fields will be interpreted as (in order from top to bottom) Fatigue, Encumbrance, Injury Total, Common (Universal) Penalty, Physical Penalty. The names are not important however the order is as it relates to the underlying MoreCore field names the roll code references. Second, a list of character attributes are stored in the first roller group on a standard MoreCore character sheet. Third, one of the character attributes in the character attribute list is named 'Endurance'. The roll code looks for Endurance in the first roller group. The following are the functions the roll performs:

Standard skill roll (the same as a Harn or HarnSkill roll)
Clear all of the combat panel values (except for the Injury Total field) by setting them to 0. This must be manually initiated by using a 'utility' roll on the character sheet.
Calculate and update Encumbrance field for a Harn character. This must be manually initiated by using a 'utility' roll on the character sheet.
Add an assigned fatigue value for a skill to the Fatigue field for each use of the skill.
Calculate a proxy mastery level for character attributes and roll as if proxy is a skill.

The roll uses a value provided to the code parameter to specify its operation. The following is a list of codes the roll currently uses:

0 = Standard skill roll. The variable value parameter z is not used and must be set to 0. With this configuration and depending on parameter y value, HarnRoll behaves the same as HarnSkill or Harn rolls and can be used interchangeably.
1 - 5 = Not currently used. Reserved for future use.
6 = Reset penalty fields of Penalty Panel to 0. All other parameters (x, y, z) must be set to 0.
7 = Update the encumbrance and penalty fields. Uses total weight from inventory page and the value of parameter z as a fatigue rate multiplier. Parameters x and y must be set to 0. For Harn Master 3, set the z parameter to 1. Harn Master Gold uses 2 through 5 as multipliers of Fatigue Rate.
8 = Apply value of parameter z as fatigue to be added on each use to the Fatigue penalty field.
9 = Apply value of parameter z as a multiplier to parameter x. This is used to create a proxy ML for a skill roll.

Here are some roll formula templates (of course the actual roll implementations fulfill the parameter and reference requirements demonstrated by the formulas):

Personality Attribute Roll: /harnroll x(p1)y(a)z(p2)code9 Tests - uses reference to Common Penalty field
Physical Attribute Roll: /harnroll x(p1)y(a)z(p2)code9 Tests - uses reference to Physical Penalty field
Psionic Talent Roll: /harnroll x(p1)y(a)z(p2)code8 Uses - differs from Spell Roll only by 'Uses' at the end of the formula
Spell Roll: /harnroll x(p1)y(a)z(p2)code8 Casts - differs from Psionic Talent Roll only by 'Casts' at the end of the formula
Skill Roll (no penalty): /harnroll x(p1)y0z0code0 Uses - skill use does not ever apply any penalties or penalties are pre-applied to value supplied to parameter x (Harn roll could be substituted for this configuration)
Skill Roll (common penalty): /harnroll x(p1)y(a)z0code0 Uses - uses reference to Common Penalty field (HarnSkill roll could be substituted for this configuration)
Skill Roll (physical penalty): /harnroll x(p1)y(a)z0code0 Uses - uses reference to Physical Penalty field (HarnSkill roll could be substituted for this configuration)
Update Encumbrance Utility Roll: /harnroll x0y0z(p1)code7 Initiates - Parameters x and y are set to 0
Reset Penalties Utility Roll: /harnroll x0y0z0code6 Initiates - Parameters x, y and z are all set to 0

HarnRoll code files: 31390 (includes cleaned up version of HarnSkill)
Example screen shots (nothing fancy, just a default MoreCore sheet to host the rolls for testing):

damned
January 31st, 2020, 02:50
Nice one Dave Stitt

Would you like (do you give permission) me to include these into the base MoreCore?
Can I also use your examples in the help file / manual?

Dave Stitt
January 31st, 2020, 02:55
Damned, yes that would be fine on both accounts.

Here are more screen shots of example HarnRoll roll configurations:

For a description of HarnRoll, see the following post:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset&p=474129&viewfull=1#post474129

Brotherkelly
February 5th, 2020, 12:59
Combat Tracker Support Required.

As part of the Battletech; A Time of War Extension I am developing, I wish to change the layout of the Combat Tracker slightly. I have done some mods as shown in the attached file.

I have been able to change the colour of the column labels for all except name and order. This has been done within the code of one of the files (can't remember which one at the moment). The option of changing the label colour to black from the OPT list didn't seem to work. Can you advise how I can change the colour of the Name and Order labels as well.

Secondly, I want to make the number boxes smaller in width so I can align them better, but am struggling to see where this can be changed within the code. Again, any help would be appreciated.

Lastly, can I change the names of the column labels? namely dfnc & C4

Thanks in advance.

damned
February 5th, 2020, 13:14
Firstly are you using the current build of MoreCore?
Second, Combat Tracker changes in Options mostly require a /reload
Third, you can change the default values of the CT (everyone will get the same then) in an extension
\ct\ct_host.xml
Or you can click in the field and edit it and set your own value
Fourthm the box widths are defined in the
\ct\ct_host.xml
and maybe some in the
number_ct_crosslink
template
fifth, to change the colour of Order and Name you will need to do an extension and either add the colour in
\ct\ct_host.xml (try something like <color="FFFFFFFF" />
or in the
label_ct
template in CoreRPG - eg use an extension
<template name="label_ct">
<label>
<color>000000</color>
</label>
</template>

Brotherkelly
February 5th, 2020, 13:23
I am using the latest version of MoreCore.

I will check these out tonight, thanks.

aGeekNamedShane
February 5th, 2020, 21:17
Does anyone know how to make only d10's show up for dice? Storyteller system only uses d10s and I'm trying to run a game of Vampire. Thanks.

damned
February 6th, 2020, 01:07
try this https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?18377-Hiding-dice or this https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?30499-Hide-Dice

aGeekNamedShane
February 6th, 2020, 13:16
I had seen the second thread you linked, but the first one is my solution. Thank you so much!

Brotherkelly
February 6th, 2020, 13:29
Firstly are you using the current build of MoreCore?
Second, Combat Tracker changes in Options mostly require a /reload
Third, you can change the default values of the CT (everyone will get the same then) in an extension
\ct\ct_host.xml
Or you can click in the field and edit it and set your own value
Fourthm the box widths are defined in the
\ct\ct_host.xml
and maybe some in the
number_ct_crosslink
template
fifth, to change the colour of Order and Name you will need to do an extension and either add the colour in
\ct\ct_host.xml (try something like <color="FFFFFFFF" />
or in the
label_ct
template in CoreRPG - eg use an extension
<label>
<color>000000</color>
</label>
</template>

To confirm, I am using MoreCore 1.52.

I have been able to change the column labels as you suggested by clicking on them in the CT, thanks.

The size of the box the values are in doesn't change and I still cannot get the colour of Name & Order to change.

I have attached the files I modified for you to look over and see where I have gone wrong.

damned
February 7th, 2020, 01:50
The size doesnt change. Limited space.

This works for me...
<label>
<color>000000</color>
</label>
</template>

vvZODvv
February 11th, 2020, 18:32
Is there a way to alter the default measurement of 5'/square on the grid? I'm using MoreCore for Shadow of the Demon Lord which uses 1 yard/square and drawing measurement lines for effects comes out in 5' increments.

Samzagas
February 12th, 2020, 16:14
Is there a way to alter the default measurement of 5'/square on the grid? I'm using MoreCore for Shadow of the Demon Lord which uses 1 yard/square and drawing measurement lines for effects comes out in 5' increments.

There's an extension for that in the forum: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?39463-MUSE-Map-Unit-Settings-Extension-(CoreRPG)
I've used it before with MoreCore without any issues.

Dave
February 13th, 2020, 16:56
@Damned - I'm running into an error using the latest version of MoreCore (1.52), and I think this is only subsequent to the latest Fantasy Grounds update. Rolling dice off of the hot bar causes double the dice to be rolled. For instance, a single d20 turns into two dice rolls; two d20s turn in to four dice rolls, etc.

I've tested this with a fresh campaign in both Fantasy Grounds Classic and Fantasy Ground Unity and both programs using the latest version of MoreCore have this double dice bug.

damned
February 13th, 2020, 22:04
Hi Dave this is AFAIK a FG issue.
Also note that MoreCore rolls are only designed to work from the Character and NPC sheets.
Standard dice rolls, just from dragging dice on the desktop to the hotkeys should work but is affected by this dice bug.

Brotherkelly
February 15th, 2020, 11:11
Can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial or guide to creating Effects in MoreCore and how to apply them.

Thanks

damned
February 16th, 2020, 00:07
Can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial or guide to creating Effects in MoreCore and how to apply them.

Thanks

There is no mechanical implementation of Effects.
Effects are descriptive only.
There are way too many differing systems to understand and implement a generic effects system for...

meguido
February 16th, 2020, 13:24
Hello damned,
I create an ext for werewolf v20
and help me, thank

I want to add a function to the script (below) :

add dice to dicepool instead of throwing them directly ?

<template name="number_charabilityscore">
<basicnumber>
<anchored position="belowleft" offset="0,10" width="32" height="22" />
<default>0</default>
<script>
function action(draginfo)
local nodeWin = window.getDatabaseNode();
local nLimit = 0;
if nodeWin then
local rActor = ActorManager.getActor("pc", nodeWin.getChild("..."));
local nAttribLev = getValue();
nAttribLev = nAttribLev + (DB.getValue(nodeWin, "stats." .. self.target[1] .. ".mod", 0));
ActionAbility.performRoll(draginfo, rActor, nAttribLev, self.target[1]);
end
end

function onDragStart(button, x, y, draginfo)
return action(draginfo);
end

function onDoubleClick(x,y)
return action();
end
</script>
</basicnumber>
</template>

damned
February 17th, 2020, 00:40
do it like this Meguido

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31649

Use the (a), (b), (c) fields to link to other fields on the charsheet.

damned
February 17th, 2020, 00:42
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31650

meguido
February 17th, 2020, 01:08
Re
I would like to integrate dicepool into the script (below)

<template name="number_charabilityscore">
<basicnumber>
<anchored position="belowleft" offset="0,10" width="32" height="22" />
<default>0</default>
<script>
local nLimit = 0;
if nodeWin then
local rActor = ActorManager.getActor("pc", nodeWin.getChild("..."));
local nAttribLev = getValue();
nAttribLev = nAttribLev + (DB.getValue(nodeWin, "stats." .. self.target[1] .. ".mod", 0));
ActionAbility.performRoll(draginfo, rActor, nAttribLev, self.target[1]);
end
end

return action(draginfo);
end

function onDoubleClick(x,y)
return action();
end
</script>
</basicnumber>
</template>

possible to put roll in dicepool (script) ?

damned
February 17th, 2020, 01:24
It is possible but you need more code than that.

you need something like this:

<script>
local rActor = ActorManager.getActor("pc", nodeWin);
local nScore = DB.getValue(nodeWin, "strength.score", 0);
local nAttrMod = DB.getValue(nodeWin, "strength.modifier", 0);
local sParams = "1d20+" .. 0 .. "x" .. nScore;

ActionDP.performAction(draginfo, rActor, sParams);
return true;
end

return action(draginfo);
end

function onClickRelease(x, y)
return action();
end
</script>

and then you need to define ActionDP

<script name="ActionDP" file="scripts/manager_action_dp.lua" />

And then you would modify a copy of the dicepool scripts and call it manager_action_dp.lua and have to adjust it to accept the parameters in the way that your script above is presenting them.

What am I missing in terms of you not wanting to do it from within MoreCore?

meguido
February 17th, 2020, 08:56
my script linked to dice roll (ActionAblility : manager_action_ability.iua), how do I connect two scripts?

(manager_action_ability.lua defined Roll dice werewolf rules)

Possible to integrate dicepool fonction in template ?

damned
February 17th, 2020, 22:24
Hi Meguido you are linking the scripts correctly but you need to pass the information to the script in the way that the script is expecting. The script you are passing to has nothing to do with dice pools though.

meguido
February 17th, 2020, 23:17
re
script link to template (above)

lien dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6qjpstisg65v8xo/manager_action_ability.lua?dl=0

GeorgeOrr
February 18th, 2020, 01:58
I noticed something seemed off about the roll /iron (for ironsworn rolls) and I believe I've found an issue in the code.

Specifically, in manager_custom_iron.lua line 94 reads:

local rRoll = { sType = "pbta", sDesc = sDesc, aDice = aFinalDice, nMod = nMod };

The sType was saying "pbta", but I expected "iron" there.

So on my computer I changed that line to read:

local rRoll = { sType = "iron", sDesc = sDesc, aDice = aFinalDice, nMod = nMod };

and now it seems to be working like a charm.

Did I find a mistype or did I mess up my version?

I hope this helped.

damned
February 18th, 2020, 02:45
that would be a fubar on my end...
i write the scripts but I never play most of these systems so they rely on others to test...
i checked and line 94 is definitely wrong - ive updated ready for the next release.

Please if you can share an Ironsword character sheet so others can see how you are doing it, that would be great.

GeorgeOrr
February 19th, 2020, 01:04
Please if you can share an Ironsword character sheet so others can see how you are doing it, that would be great.

No problem. I should note this is a work in progress. Aside from wanting to use FG for playing Ironsworn I also took it as an opportunity to learn more about MoreCore. So there are several Moves I wasn't sure how to handle. And I haven't even touched on Bonds and Vow progress tracking or Debilities. Still, along side some paper and pencil it's been a useful start.

damned
February 19th, 2020, 05:35
If you descrive the moves/mechaincs in detail I might have some suggestions.

GeorgeOrr
February 19th, 2020, 16:24
Damned -

Thanks for any help, much appreciated.

The progress tracks for bonds and vows are 10 boxes in a row that get filled in with 4 tick marks (one at a time) each. Attached is an example from the rulebook.

I was able to recreate this fairly well by creating a Story entry with a table having 10 cells, and I can just put "1" in for each tick. Then I linked that in the "Story" section in the "MoreData" tab in MoreCore. I actually thought it was working, but when I tested importing that character into a new campaign it disappeared. I'm assuming there's something about making character sheets I haven't learned yet.

Thanks again for the offer to help.

Edit - Ah, after more testing I'm thinking I can do it this way but have to export the Story into a module, and then use the module not just a character sheet. Am I right, or is there another way?

Come to think of it, the other issue I had was that some moves include tables in them. So if I'm doing a module anyway, I can just include a link to the table in the description of the move and then export the table.

Do let me know if it sounds like I'm way off or on the right track.

Thanks!

damned
February 20th, 2020, 03:36
This is how I think i would do it....

This is a funky new roll called tmod
Enable Formula
Formula /tmod 1
Hide Parameters p2 and p3
Drag - from the character sheet - p1 (currently 0) onto Ref Field A
Click in Dice String field and out again to activate the icon

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31687

Now when you click the roll icon (in ths case a # symbol) it will increment the value linked to (a) which is the (p1) field by the value in the string which is 1. I know that sounds complicated but if you do this MoreCore will track it for you!

spite
February 23rd, 2020, 20:17
Is there a way in MoreCore to set the movement to be in units of 1, and not to do the alternative diagonal measurements (1, 2, 1, 2 etc)? Trying to use this for LANCER, and before even getting to the horror of figuring out rolls, I have reached this hurdle haha

Phystus
February 23rd, 2020, 21:03
You'll have to set up an extension to make it happen (you were probably going to do that anyway, right?).

The setting you're looking for is in MoreCore\gameelements.xml.

The highlighted line is the one that needs to be changed.

~P

spite
February 23rd, 2020, 21:11
Alright, if there isn't one already, I'ma do it now!
Thanks haha

spite
February 23rd, 2020, 22:15
Alright done. I also combined it with a modification of the SotDL dice rolling mechanic Damned made for MoreCore (just a rename of bane/boon to acc/dif.) If Damned is ok with me sharing that I will do so. One thing that I've come across though is that modifiers aren't being "swallowed" after using, and are staying to impact every subsequent roll in a stacking manner. Is that MoreCore, my extension, or a setting in FG?

Phystus
February 23rd, 2020, 22:21
I noticed the same thing using Ubiquity modifiers, so it's apparently a MoreCore thing.

Probably something that should be changed, or at least made optional.

damned
February 23rd, 2020, 22:38
There is a glitch somewhere in MoreCore that once triggered you will see this behaviour until you reload the table.
If you can track down the glitch I may be able to fix...

spite
February 23rd, 2020, 22:50
Oh that's unusual. I'll keep my eyes peeled if I can make it happen again.

damned
February 24th, 2020, 13:09
Try this ubiquity file - need to remove the .txt from the file name.
Will accept

/uniquity (p1)d6+(p1)d6

and will also accept mods
/mod (p1)
before the roll will add (p1) additional d6 to the pool.

Phystus
February 24th, 2020, 14:36
That seems to work.

To be clear, that works for the multi-factor ubiquity requirement. I didn't test if it did anything to the modifier issue. The one time I used a mod it seemed to consume it, but it's still too soon to say for sure.

Thanks for your help!
~P

DrakosDJ
February 24th, 2020, 22:19
Does this work with the 5e ruleset?

damned
February 24th, 2020, 22:41
Does this work with the 5e ruleset?

This is also a ruleset. You cant run two rulesets at the same time.
If you are playing 5E or any derivative of 5E you are best using the 5E ruleset.

mcbobbo
February 25th, 2020, 20:43
Is it possible to do math on the number of dice before you roll them? E.g.

(p2)-(p1)+(p3)d6

damned
February 25th, 2020, 21:27
Is it possible to do math on the number of dice before you roll them? E.g.

(p2)-(p1)+(p3)d6

welcome mcbobo

pretty much no.

mcbobbo
February 25th, 2020, 22:07
Okay, I've found a workaround that I can use. Thank you.

New question - is there a place to 'park' rolls for grabbing by others? In the 5e rule set you could do this in a Class. Just drag and drop the class features onto your sheet. Can you do that with a MoreCore roll? If so, where? Abilities seems to be descriptive only.

damned
February 25th, 2020, 23:22
1. You can build libraries of Rolls in the Rolls campaign tool.
2. You can build a generic character with all the standard Rolls and duplicate it in the Characters window by dragging/dropping the generic character multiple times
3. You can build a single character with all the Rolls and drag and drop them from that Character to other Characters
4. You can build an extension that preloads all the Rolls - see the MoreCore - Trail of Cthulhu extension or the MoreCore - Low Fantasy Gaming extension
5. You can now build Classes within MoreCore but they dont have any Automation because MoreCore is generic. You can store the Rolls in the Class description and/or indicate what Rolls the character has access to at each level.

Now... caveat.
Roll Parameters are a huge feature of Rolls.
If you drag a Roll that uses the (a)(b)(c) parameters (as opposed to (p1)(p2)(p3) which are within that same roll) those links will break and will need to be reset up with options 1, 3, 5. Option 2 will keep the links intact and Option 4 creates the roll on that character at initialisation and the links will be correct.

Hope that helps.

What are you looking to run?

mcbobbo
February 26th, 2020, 01:52
I'm pretty close to WEG D6 Star Wars. Figured out the die roller using parameters, and have found a way to substitute the Multiple Action Penalty that seems to work.

I need to work through the videos on customizing the fields, their names, etc, then work on something to bulk import the data.

Pretty close though and should be ready when my 5e campaign wraps up.

damned
February 26th, 2020, 02:21
got Discord? find me damned#0166 and ill bounce something off you...

mcbobbo
February 26th, 2020, 02:41
I'm not all that skilled with Discord, but you can friend me if you'd like - hoggy#5269

Brotherkelly
February 28th, 2020, 12:51
I am looking to count the number of Effects that a pc/npc has within the Combat Tracker so I can then work through them and determine which ones affect an attack roll (for example). Not having any joy in determining the code structure needed to do this. Any help is appreciated.

damned
February 28th, 2020, 13:29
I am looking to count the number of Effects that a pc/npc has within the Combat Tracker so I can then work through them and determine which ones affect an attack roll (for example). Not having any joy in determining the code structure needed to do this. Any help is appreciated.

I havent done anything like that so this will be suggestions only.

All Effects code in MoreCore is actually in... CoreRPG. Unpack CoreRPG and find the effects code there.
And create a few Effects with unique names, type /save in chat and then have a look at the db.xml This will show you what the code looks like in the database which is what you will be iterating thru.

Phystus
March 4th, 2020, 03:01
So I see FG version 3.3.10 has dropped. Will you need to update MoreCore? I ask because I'm currently working on an extension, so I'm wondering if I need to chill for a bit until the new version of the ruleset is ready.

In a related tangent, what does everyone use for a file comparison tool? If there's a new version of the ruleset I'll need to compare some of the files from 1.52 with their counterparts in the new version to see what I need to change.

Thanks!

~P

damned
March 4th, 2020, 03:57
Hi Phystus

I hope to release a new build this weekend.
Most of the changes will be around World Builder and Investigator plus a couple of Roll updates.
I havent yet looked at the radial menu changes - will need to get on top of that.

What are you working on?

Brotherkelly
March 4th, 2020, 15:39
I havent done anything like that so this will be suggestions only.

All Effects code in MoreCore is actually in... CoreRPG. Unpack CoreRPG and find the effects code there.
And create a few Effects with unique names, type /save in chat and then have a look at the db.xml This will show you what the code looks like in the database which is what you will be iterating thru.

Thanks for the info.

I have now managed to sort out what I needed to do using a customised Manager_Effects.lua file.

Now I need to work on getting an effect to have a variable modifier number.

Phystus
March 5th, 2020, 00:48
Hi Phystus

I hope to release a new build this weekend.
Most of the changes will be around World Builder and Investigator plus a couple of Roll updates.
I havent yet looked at the radial menu changes - will need to get on top of that.

What are you working on?

I'm working on a character sheet and NPC sheet for Ubiquity, plus a skin for Quantum Black.

damned
March 5th, 2020, 02:59
Thanks for the info.

I have now managed to sort out what I needed to do using a customised Manager_Effects.lua file.

Now I need to work on getting an effect to have a variable modifier number.

Great! Id love to see what you come up with.

damned
March 5th, 2020, 03:00
I'm working on a character sheet and NPC sheet for Ubiquity, plus a skin for Quantum Black.

Ahh yes - Ubiquity. Very good How is it going so far?

Phystus
March 5th, 2020, 03:25
Ahh yes - Ubiquity. Very good How is it going so far?

Quite well. I'm mostly just reformatting the character sheet to eliminate extraneous items. Ditto for the NPC sheet. I'm also setting up some custom rolls for the primary and secondary character stats so they're just drag-and-drop onto the character sheet.

I actually did the Quantum Black skin a few years ago. My next task on the Ubiquity ruleset it actually to excise the QB skin components from the basic Ubiquity functionality to make the extension more generically useful, then make a new extension just for the skin.

~P

Valyar
March 5th, 2020, 06:47
I would like to report a problem with the new version of the ruleset, hopefully this is bug and not "feature". :)
- The two "other rolls" frames from NPC sheet are no longer there. This broke all campaigns and extensions that relied on those parts.

damned
March 5th, 2020, 09:05
Hmmm... I did remove that. Let me see what I can do to put it back asap...

damned
March 5th, 2020, 09:13
My build still has all 4 NPC groups?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31914

Valyar
March 5th, 2020, 10:29
Strange. I created blank campaign with MoreCore on two machines, same result. No extensions added. Screenshot attached
Also I find the new theme not well positioned for tiling, as there are artifacts that are generated due to the curves. I personally prefer the old one. Maybe you can roll back to it, as many extensions are based on it and the new images cause a lot of rework and artifacts.

Gwydion
March 5th, 2020, 14:52
Damned - I looked at the morecore document this morning and it looks like there are some rolls for damage that may be new and should work for Rangers of Shadow Deep. I'm excited to try them out. I'm looking at the rolls that will roll against defense and apply damage to the extent damage exceeds defense.

Brotherkelly
March 13th, 2020, 09:26
Hi all, I have noticed what I think is an error in the Combat Tracker layout. The issue is to do with the information listed for an actor being overlaid on other info. Specifically, the 'Targets: xxx' line is always behind any other info box that is open - be it Rolls, Offense, Effects, etc.

This is not evident in the Core RPG ruleset. The attached files help explain it better.

The CoreRPG Effects.jpg file shows what I would expect to see whilst the MoreCore Effects.jpg shows the overlay.

Can someone point me to the correct file that needs modifying so I have the correct layout again.

I am running MoreCore 1.52 on FG 3.3.10 with no extensions.

damned
March 13th, 2020, 12:28
ct_client.xml and ct_host.xml
Please post the fixed code when you work it out brotherkelly

Brotherkelly
March 13th, 2020, 16:02
ct_client.xml and ct_host.xml
Please post the fixed code when you work it out brotherkelly

Okay, will do.

Brotherkelly
March 13th, 2020, 16:24
Great! Id love to see what you come up with.

Hi Damned, I haven't come up with a novel solution to this but rather a simple solution.

The effect has been set up so the user can edit the value as necessary. For example: One of the effects I have added is: Wounded; ATK: [edit]

When this is put on a character in the Combat Tracker, the user will delete the [edit] and replace it with the appropriate negative value. So if the actor is lightly wounded and suffers a -1 to all attack rolls, the effect would now read; Wounded; ATK: -1

As I said, simple, but it does the job.

Elihu
March 14th, 2020, 05:05
Ok I have been GMing a Forbidden Lands campaign with morecore, and we have had some problems.
1. When I use the Hot Keys: (I'm talking about the 'Customizable' buttons for common actions and reference material links at the bottom of the screen that are executed with the F keys) Whenever I use them to roll dice, it rolls them twice, as if I clicked 2 times on the hotkey.

2. I made many items, i.e. backpack, sword, etc. They are all shared with the players and when a player drags and drops one into their inventory, they instantly become unidentified, so they ave to drag items into their inventory, then I have to go into each of their char sheets and click the ID icon on every single item they acquire.

3. I turn off snap to grid, but the players will move their token and it will snap to grid. We want to play with large hexes as zones, and have tokens where multiple tokens fit into a single hex, but we are really prevented from doing it, although when I as GM move tokens, it does not snap to grid, when a player moves a token it will snap to grid most of the time. So all their tokens stack p in the middle of a zone.

4. The Drawing tool is way to thin of a line and we can barely see it.

Need help

damned
March 14th, 2020, 05:27
1. This will be fixed in the nearly released 1.53 version.
2. I dont see this in any games I run on MoreCore. Identification is not implemented in MoreCore but is in CoreRPG. Can you test unloading the Forbidden Lands extension? If it still happens what settings have you changed in Options?
3. Ive not made any changes to grids or snapping (that Im aware of). Ive just tested and it does the same for me in Hex but not in Square grids. I havent tested but I suspect that this is also a CoreRPG or Engine issue. Try this extension maybe: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?44457-Larger-Creatures-And-Grid-Snapping&p=395035&viewfull=1#post395035
4. The drawing tool is in the engine and cant be modified.

Elihu
March 14th, 2020, 07:05
1. This will be fixed in the nearly released 1.53 version.
2. I dont see this in any games I run on MoreCore. Identification is not implemented in MoreCore but is in CoreRPG. Can you test unloading the Forbidden Lands extension? If it still happens what settings have you changed in Options?
3. Ive not made any changes to grids or snapping (that Im aware of). Ive just tested and it does the same for me in Hex but not in Square grids. I havent tested but I suspect that this is also a CoreRPG or Engine issue. Try this extension maybe: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?44457-Larger-Creatures-And-Grid-Snapping&p=395035&viewfull=1#post395035
4. The drawing tool is in the engine and cant be modified.

I'll try those things. I did figure out how to fix the item id. All I did was take each item and toggle to unidentified, the re toggled back to identified now they are all identified when dropped into inventories.
Thanks for responding. I think the snap to grid thing will work better if I disable it before the players join the game.
We shall see.

graziano.girelli
March 14th, 2020, 09:48
Strange. I created blank campaign with MoreCore on two machines, same result. No extensions added. Screenshot attached
Also I find the new theme not well positioned for tiling, as there are artifacts that are generated due to the curves. I personally prefer the old one. Maybe you can roll back to it, as many extensions are based on it and the new images cause a lot of rework and artifacts.

I have the same problem in npc sheet: just 2 roll windows, and all the info in the other 2 windows are vanished, so i must rewrite all the npc in the campaign :-(

damned
March 14th, 2020, 12:46
Hold on - new build very close

damned
March 15th, 2020, 14:46
Version 1.54 released 20200315.

No doco as yet.
Main changes (off top of my head)
Integration of World Builder, Investigator, Dear Diary
Integration of Kelrugems keladvantage/keldisadvantage effects
Fix 4 Roll Frames in NPCs
Bunch of other things I dont recall just now...

Valyar
March 15th, 2020, 15:35
Thank you for the fix on the NPC frames. :)

I strongly recommend to cease all development until you document all features in the ruleset properly, as too much things are not written down and searching forum posts is never going to work well. Also you might reconsider labels rather than icons for the sidebar, those bulky icons are not only old-school but take too much space :)

damned
March 16th, 2020, 00:02
Thank you for the fix on the NPC frames. :)

I strongly recommend to cease all development until you document all features in the ruleset properly, as too much things are not written down and searching forum posts is never going to work well. Also you might reconsider labels rather than icons for the sidebar, those bulky icons are not only old-school but take too much space :)

Thanks Valyar.
Right now the bulky icons are the default for FG rulesets (though that might be changing).
I too like the labels which is why most MC extensions use them :)
New version uploading now.

damned
March 16th, 2020, 00:05
New version uploaded a few minutes ago.
Mininum (and negative) Values for Trackers and Reverse Trackers.
Sidebar updated.
Abilities fixed.

Phystus
March 16th, 2020, 12:42
Got some errors while creating a new roll:

Runtime Notice: Host session started
Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (resettemp)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (resetalltemp)
Runtime Notice: s'aMajor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #4, s'MoreCore' = #1 } | s' aMinor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #0, s'MoreCore' = #52 }
Runtime Notice: s'onInit: registerResultHandler'
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/masterindex_window.lua"]:364: attempt to call field 'setRecordType' (a nil value)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (tracker_reverse) in windowclass (cas_stats)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (number_trackers) in windowclass (cas_stats)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (tracker_reverse) in windowclass (cas_stats)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static height ignored for control (number_trackers) in windowclass (cas_stats)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/masterindex_list.lua"]:35: attempt to index field 'idelete' (a nil value)

To recreate:

Start an new campaign, no extensions loaded.
Open the Rolls box.
Create a new roll.
Profit???

Also, probably time to update the minor version number - still says 52.

~P

damned
March 16th, 2020, 13:04
Thanks Phystus

I messed up some of the WindowLists when I changed the sidebar menu to the newer style.
Also was that todays build as I cant find the number 52 anywhere in the current build?
I have uploaded a new build that fixes the Rolls Windowslist error.

Phystus
March 16th, 2020, 13:57
Wow, fast work! Thanks!

That fixed the problem.

Got a new one, though. Previously (version 1.52) rolls had categories. The categories seem to have disappeared.

damned
March 16th, 2020, 14:23
Ok, sorry to all the good people who have downloaded these past couple of 1.54 versions.
Another new one posted just now.
Phystus the categories are now fixed.

graziano.girelli
March 16th, 2020, 18:59
Hi Damned!

I just download the last version of MoreCore and i notice you adopt the small icon bar. But i have all the text larger then button. Is there a way to have standard size buttons or remove text label?

Edit: i'm a dumb! i load the extension with my grafic modification and not uncheck loading the game. Sorry

damned
March 16th, 2020, 21:22
Hi Damned!

I just download the last version of MoreCore and i notice you adopt the small icon bar. But i have all the text larger then button. Is there a way to have standard size buttons or remove text label?

Edit: i'm a dumb! i load the extension with my grafic modification and not uncheck loading the game. Sorry

Hi graziano,

Do you need any help modifying your extension?

graziano.girelli
March 16th, 2020, 23:15
Hi graziano,

Do you need any help modifying your extension?

To be honest i really like the look of MoreCore. Very clean and elegant. I prefer keep your graphic.
Thanks again for your help but... your work it's perfect!

Brotherkelly
March 17th, 2020, 14:54
feature requests;
initiative dice option 2d6
some more theme (generic ones not for specific games, the default one is..... not very good)

Hi Damned, Has this been incorporated yet into MoreCore? Not been able to find any update and also the options list for initiative dice doesn't include it.

Can you point me to the appropriate files where the list is located and I will see what I can do to modify it for my Battletech extension.

damned
March 17th, 2020, 23:27
Hi Brotherkelly

I do recall trying to implement it but it wasnt working and I dont believe I got it working.
You might see if the /myinit roll will work for you in the meantime.
That will set your Init each time you use the roll - so you can do things like /myinit 2d6+(a) and link it to your dex modifier etc.
Ill queue it up to have another look but it wont be anything very soon.

damned
March 18th, 2020, 02:00
Ive just had a significant MoreCore FGU bug pointed out to me.
Currently the drag and drop roll parameter fields (a), (b) and (c) and not functioning.
I will probably not get to look at this until the weekend.

Damn you Coronavirus!

Brotherkelly
March 18th, 2020, 09:28
Hi Brotherkelly

I do recall trying to implement it but it wasnt working and I dont believe I got it working.
You might see if the /myinit roll will work for you in the meantime.
That will set your Init each time you use the roll - so you can do things like /myinit 2d6+(a) and link it to your dex modifier etc.
Ill queue it up to have another look but it wont be anything very soon.

Thanks for the info. I will look at the /myinit roll and get this working as an interim measure.

damned
March 19th, 2020, 05:59
Someone has just posted about loading the 5E SRD into MoreCore.
You can do this by using the Universal Modules extension however the vast bulk of the data will likely be unusable.
The Data structure, the data types etc are all 5E and will very likely be different to MoreCore.

GunbunnyFuFu
March 20th, 2020, 00:04
Question...is it possible to code in a roll on a random to hit table? For example, 2300 AD requires a random roll on a to hit chart, then taking the armor at that location then subtract the armor from the damage...is this possible to automate in any way?

Thanks,

GBFF

damned
March 20th, 2020, 00:43
Ive just had a significant MoreCore FGU bug pointed out to me.
Currently the drag and drop roll parameter fields (a), (b) and (c) and not functioning.
I will probably not get to look at this until the weekend.

Damn you Coronavirus!

The latest version on FGU now supports Roll Parameters properly again.

damned
March 20th, 2020, 00:47
Question...is it possible to code in a roll on a random to hit table? For example, 2300 AD requires a random roll on a to hit chart, then taking the armor at that location then subtract the armor from the damage...is this possible to automate in any way?

Thanks,

GBFF

Not without writing code.
Personally Id write it into the Roll and have it done as one step.
You might just do a random number generation to calculate the hit location.
And then send a value to the modifier stack

Then set the damage roll to use the modifier stack and to have a minimum value of 1 or 0 depending on what the rules say.

qdwag
March 20th, 2020, 08:22
Thank you Damned.

qdwag
March 20th, 2020, 09:02
Guys,

Quick question. An NPC is targeting a PC in the CT. I am using /damagedr for the roll. When I roll the damage, the roll isn't targeted to or applied to the PC.
It works the other way around though. Is this a bug?

See screenshot of set up - https://prnt.sc/rjgtw3

Oops never mind. Figured it out :D

qdwag
March 20th, 2020, 09:30
I'm currently working on getting MoreCore set up for my Dungeon Worlds campaign and there's a tricky bit when it comes to the Ranger character, who gets damage reduction when his animal companion is with him in battle (essentially increasing his Armour by 1).

There is only 1 Armour slot in the MoreCore character sheet. How can I add an additional modifier to the AC that will be synced to Combat Tracker? Is there a way to make this slick and not have to manually edit the Armour value each time combat happens?

Thanks in advance.

damned
March 20th, 2020, 10:13
Hi qdwag

Firstly I cant think of a way for the system to know that he has a companion or not.
So leave it up to the player.
She is responsible for adjusting her Defense on her Charsheet as required.
It is not your job to manage everything for the players.

qdwag
March 20th, 2020, 11:36
I was thinking of more like a secondary box where AC might be modified - a parameter box next to the main armour box perhaps?

damned
March 20th, 2020, 12:55
I was thinking of more like a secondary box where AC might be modified - a parameter box next to the main armour box perhaps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPKJDwUt554

trobadork
March 21st, 2020, 08:51
Hi damned,
It's been a while since I downloaded MoreCore, I missed a lot of incredible improvements ! You totally rocks !
The classes thing is a very powerful tool, but I'm wondering : is there a way to add Rolls in the Option so that the Rolls appear in the chat windows (and the players have just to drag'n'drop them on the sheet) ?

damned
March 21st, 2020, 14:24
Hi damned,
It's been a while since I downloaded MoreCore, I missed a lot of incredible improvements ! You totally rocks !
The classes thing is a very powerful tool, but I'm wondering : is there a way to add Rolls in the Option so that the Rolls appear in the chat windows (and the players have just to drag'n'drop them on the sheet) ?

There are a lot of features in there.
Classes is one of the newest features. Right now it cannot add the skills, it can only report it to chat.
Its possible to code it in an extension - have a look at the Low Fantasy Gaming extension - it adds various things as you go up levels but there is a chunk of coding to work your way thru.
The current system allows you to put in descriptions about what happens at each level but the player will need to actually do them.
You can store the rolls in the Description of the Class and drag them from there.

Myrdin Potter
March 21st, 2020, 16:00
I am slowly working through the Low Fantasy example as I want something for Operation Whitebox which is based on Whitebox. So not too far removed from Basic.

Asterionaisien
March 21st, 2020, 20:38
Hello, after having placed the tokens of an encounter on the map,and closed the encounter so they disappear from the map, when I try to let them spawn to check if everything is ok I get this error:
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat2.lua"]:196: bad argument #1 to 'random' (number expected, got nil)
and the tokens do not spawn.

damned
March 22nd, 2020, 05:39
Hello, after having placed the tokens of an encounter on the map,and closed the encounter so they disappear from the map, when I try to let them spawn to check if everything is ok I get this error:
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat2.lua"]:196: bad argument #1 to 'random' (number expected, got nil)
and the tokens do not spawn.

I cant replicate this.
FGC or FGU?
Any extensions loaded?

Asterionaisien
March 22nd, 2020, 12:56
It happened on FGc extension aplied author and csv table imprter Mk and on FGU -no extensions loaded; I did copy the directory from fgc to fgu then loaded it on fgu tho.
I've just tried to load it without extensions and got the same error on fgc.

Phystus
March 23rd, 2020, 05:19
Found a bit of a bug. Negative modifiers on Ubiquity rolls should reduce the number of dice rolled. In fact, this is how it used to work (until at least version 1.43, possibly later - I wasn't running Ubiquity games for a while).

What happens instead in version 1.54 is that it ADDS extra dice, but rolls them as negative numbers. Even results still count as successes, too.

See attached screenshot.

To reproduce: Start a fresh campaign - no extensions. Create a roll using the /ubiquity die type. Add a negative modifier. Roll the roll.

See attached screenshot.

Note that the positive modifier worked correctly.
Let me know if you have any questions!

~P

qdwag
March 23rd, 2020, 06:23
Hi guys,

Is there a way I can get MoreCore rolls to publish the description of the roll in the chat screen? See screenshot - https://prnt.sc/rky5o3

Thanks in advance.

damned
March 23rd, 2020, 06:33
Phystus please locate \scripts\manager_custom_ubiquity.lua and replace the following function

function createRoll(sParams)
local rRoll = {};
rRoll.sType = sCmd;
rRoll.nMod = 0;
rRoll.aDice = {};

-- Now we check that we have a properly formatted parameter, or we set the sDesc for the roll with a message.
if not sParams:match("(%d+)%s(.*)") then
rRoll.sDesc = "Parameters not in correct format. Should be in the format of \"/ubiquity # <desc>\"";
return rRoll;
end

local sDice, sDesc = sParams:match("(%d+)%s*(.*)");

local sDesc1, nMod = ModifierStack.getStack(true);
nDice = tonumber(sDice);
if nMod < 0 then
nDice = nDice + nMod;
sDice = nDice .. "d6";
else
nDice = nDice + nMod;
sDice = nDice .. "d6";
end

local aDice = StringManager.convertStringToDice(sDice);

rRoll.sDesc = sDesc .. " " .. sDesc1;
rRoll.aDice = aDice;
return rRoll;
end

And change the rolls to /ubiquity # eg lose the d6

damned
March 23rd, 2020, 06:37
Hi guys,

Is there a way I can get MoreCore rolls to publish the description of the roll in the chat screen? See screenshot - https://prnt.sc/rky5o3

Thanks in advance.

You would need to extend the /pbta roll
You might find some inspiration on how to output to chat in the Player Agency extension.

qdwag
March 23rd, 2020, 15:17
Hi Damned,

Question: In the Combat Tracker, there's the Attack icon and the Rolls icon. What's the difference between these two and how are they supposed to be used?
See my screenshot - https://prnt.sc/rl867i

Thanks for taking the time.

damned
March 23rd, 2020, 23:16
Early versions of MoreCore did not have Rolls. Rolls are probably the primary feature of the ruleset.
Before Rolls you could write attack and damage strings that just used a simple dice string
Short Sword 1d20+2
Short Sword 1d6+1
And they would use targeting so could report who you were attacking (but not do any hit/miss calculation) and I dont recall if they could apply damage - I think not.
I wouldnt recommend that you use Attacks. Rolls do so much more.
They are still there because they are in use by some people.

OSdirk
March 24th, 2020, 01:22
I have a simple question, one that I was hoping would have been answered on the first page of this thread, but... no such luck.

What do I have to do in order to download the actual MoreCore ruleset?

I see links for various extensions to the MoreCore ruleset for once (if) I already have it, but absolutely no guidance as to where the ruleset itself would be located.

My gaming group and I made the mistake of purchasing several licenses of Fantasy Grounds, hoping to be able to continue weekly gaming sessions despite the ongoing current events.

Unfortunately, the base program is nowhere near the level of functionality that I would have expected it to have 'out of the box'.

I expected it to be able to cross reference its own databases in order to auto-calculate feats, abilities, etc when applied to the virtual character sheet. Barring that, I expected it to have a robust enough character form to make it possible to self-monitor and edit out the various modifiers that no longer apply, with the DM having oversight of the various modifiers through the sheet.

In searching through the forums, and checking the various Youtube tutorials, it seems that MoreCore might get us somewhere close to a workable solution- at least as far as making the character form being much more customizable to start with.

If anyone could tell me how/where to obtain the actual MoreCore ruleset (and not just all of the various extensions for it), I would very much appreciate it.

Secondary to that, if anyone could point me in the direction of basic information on the creating extensions (such as how things are organized), I would also be appreciative. - I'm not adverse to putting some work into it, but I need a frame of reference to work from.

Thanks in advance.

damned
March 24th, 2020, 01:45
Welcome OSdirk

>>What do I have to do in order to download the actual MoreCore ruleset?
Try going to the bottom left of your screen and changing the theme away from mobile - try FG responsive

>>My gaming group and I made the mistake of purchasing several licenses of Fantasy Grounds, hoping to be able to continue weekly gaming sessions despite the ongoing current events.

If you are unhappy with your purchase SmiteWorks offer a 30day refund policy

>>Unfortunately, the base program is nowhere near the level of functionality that I would have expected it to have 'out of the box'.
>>I expected it to be able to cross reference its own databases in order to auto-calculate feats, abilities, etc when applied to the virtual character sheet. Barring that, I expected it to have a robust enough character form to make it possible to self-monitor and edit out the various modifiers that no longer apply, with the DM having oversight of the various modifiers through the sheet.

So you are expecting a full blown graphical IDE that understands the 8000 odd RPG systems that are out there?

>>Secondary to that, if anyone could point me in the direction of basic information on the creating extensions (such as how things are organized), I would also be appreciative. - I'm not adverse to putting some work into it, but I need a frame of reference to work from.

Try here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/
here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Developer_Guide
here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_CulFJYs-M&list=PLsgd1zJLdiKVbJg6KJv668LyJXmfk25Yv
all pak and ext files are also zip files.
extract CoreRPG and a layered ruleset like 5E and an extension and have a look at how they work.

qdwag
March 24th, 2020, 01:45
I know how you feel. I had to jump through the same hurdles last week when I got started. Anyway I hope the following helps:

Download rule set - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset
See first pinned post, right at the bottom. Download the .Pak file.

Stick the .pak file in the rule sets folder. You’ll find it under the SmiteWorks main folder. Start up FG, host a new game, and you should see the MoreCore ruleset listed.

qdwag
March 24th, 2020, 01:50
Hi Damned.

Found a bug in the character sheet last night.

When I click on the star icon under an attribute, it automatically creates new lines - not just one, but 8 or more per click. When this starts happening randomly, I can't even edit a stat or roll anymore because I can't access the data without creating new rolls. Please help :(

See screenshot - https://prnt.sc/rlbffr

damned
March 24th, 2020, 01:53
I cant replicate this qdwag and Ive no other reports of it happening.

qdwag
March 24th, 2020, 01:54
I cant replicate this qdwag and Ive no other reports of it happening.

I was thinking, it might have been because I used a sheet that someone else had created for Dungeon World. They might have done something to the sheet that messed things up.

But good to know. Cheers mate.

damned
March 24th, 2020, 02:03
It could be a bug in Unity that hasnt been reported.
I dont think its a MoreCore issue.
Reboot your FG and see if it continues.

qdwag
March 24th, 2020, 02:09
It could be a bug in Unity that hasnt been reported.
I dont think its a MoreCore issue.
Reboot your FG and see if it continues.

I've rebooted but this issue happens so randomly. I'm currently working on 4 character sheets that have all stemmed from this guy's sheet:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?39043-Dungeon-World-Module

I'll keep testing.

damned
March 24th, 2020, 02:42
I dont have time to investigate the sheets. I suppose is possible there is something buggy in there but again I dont think its likely.
Do you get anything being reported in the Console?

qdwag
March 24th, 2020, 02:43
I dont have time to investigate the sheets. I suppose is possible there is something buggy in there but again I dont think its likely.
Do you get anything being reported in the Console?

Yeah sometimes the console spits out a whole bunch of stuff. It's currently not doing it but I'll screenshot it the next time it happens and post it here for you to see.

damned
March 24th, 2020, 02:47
Yeah sometimes the console spits out a whole bunch of stuff. It's currently not doing it but I'll screenshot it the next time it happens and post it here for you to see.

rather than a screenshot use the Copy function and then paste the text here please - thanks.

qdwag
March 24th, 2020, 02:48
Will do.

wndrngdru
March 24th, 2020, 02:52
I've rebooted but this issue happens so randomly. I'm currently working on 4 character sheets that have all stemmed from this guy's sheet:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?39043-Dungeon-World-Module

I'll keep testing.

That is a pretty old set up. You might try the one I did... Give me sec to find the link.

Here you go. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50825-Dungeon-World-Manual

This includes the full reference manual and "mostly set-up" character sheets as pre-gens.

@damned I don't think this ever got linked in your MoreCore Info/Charcter Sheet threads. Can we do that? :-)

damned
March 24th, 2020, 02:55
Multiple people have used those sheets - albeit on FGC.
If you can work out how to replicate the issue I can try to fix it.

Random thoughts out loud.
Your FG instance is glitching graphically and when you click the shield its reading it as you clicking a blank spot which creates a blank skill
That would obviously be a bug but it would be a FGU bug rather than MoreCore

So if its replicable we can log it as a Unity bug.

qdwag
March 24th, 2020, 03:07
That is a pretty old set up. You might try the one I did... Give me sec to find the link.

Here you go. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?50825-Dungeon-World-Manual

This includes the full reference manual and "mostly set-up" character sheets as pre-gens.

@damned I don't think this ever got linked in your MoreCore Info/Charcter Sheet threads. Can we do that? :-)

OH MY GOD. I spent so many hours struggling with that old sheet. I wish I had known about this sooner (I DID indeed do a forum search).
Thank you so much.

damned
March 24th, 2020, 03:17

Done!
Posted here
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37755-MoreCore-extensions

Phystus
March 24th, 2020, 03:27
No rest for the weary, I'm afraid.

The fix you suggested did indeed fix the problem of negative modifiers. However, now it ignores the +, so it only rolls the first parameter's worth of dice. See attached screenshot...

Sorry to be such a pain.

~P

qdwag
March 24th, 2020, 03:27
Hi Wndrngdru,

I just started a new character with your mod. But my character sheet looks unchanged. I don't know if you've tweaked the items shown in your original screenshots, but here is mine - https://prnt.sc/rlks25
Is this how it's supposed to look when first loaded in? Or have I done something wrong?

Thanks again!

qdwag
March 24th, 2020, 03:34
Ooo never mind! Worked it out :D It's fantastic!!! Thank you for creating this.

damned
March 24th, 2020, 03:42
No rest for the weary, I'm afraid.

The fix you suggested did indeed fix the problem of negative modifiers. However, now it ignores the +, so it only rolls the first parameter's worth of dice. See attached screenshot...

Sorry to be such a pain.

~P

You will need to write out all possible permutations please along with examples

OSdirk
March 24th, 2020, 03:47
I know how you feel. I had to jump through the same hurdles last week when I got started.

Thanks qdwag! I was fairly sure I had to be missing something, somewhere, but it wasn't particularly clear.

So you are expecting a full blown graphical IDE that understands the 8000 odd RPG systems that are out there?

Not quite. I do understand that there are limitations as to what is reasonable and to what is possible.

What I was expecting was to be able to tag "outputs" to the various "inputs", without having to resort to outside modules within hours of owning the license. It doesn't need to understand or parse all of the rules, but it should be able to query the designated rules.

At minimum, I would have expected to be able to add a custom ability/feat/similar, and tag that feat to apply a numerical modifier to another variable. IE: If the feat 'alertness' is added to the character "sheet", then add +2 to the 'perception' skill bonus, using 3.5/Pathfinder as an example.

It doesn't do that out of the box, and that's extremely disappointing to me. It's not like this functionality would be a unique need specific 3.5/Pathfinder. The terminology might change, but the basic need for some some named thing to alter some other named thing doesn't. It shouldn't be necessary to break out the complex scripting script to do something that fundamental.

I hope that makes a little more sense, at least.

If you are unhappy with your purchase SmiteWorks offer a 30day refund policy

I'm don't want to have to go that far, but I will take route if I have to. I'm hoping that MoreCore and the various extensions for it will help me get closer to what I'm looking for.

Phystus
March 24th, 2020, 04:54
You will need to write out all possible permutations please along with examples

Permutations of what, exactly?

Ubiquity uses a dice pool. Any die will do, we can assume a d6 if that's easier. Success or failure for each die is a 50/50 proposition. Currently MoreCore uses the convention that even=success, odd=failure. That's fine. We're only interested in the number of successes.

The pool can have multiple sources of dice. For example, the number of dice in your initiative pool is the sum of your strength plus your dexterity. It can be modified by a feat (they're called talents, but they smell just like a Pathfinder feat), or other sources.

Modifiers can be positive (add dice to the pool) or negative (remove dice from the pool.) The modifiers currently behave this way.

So Initiative pool = Strength pool + Dex pool [+mod]

In general, two parameters for dice, and one for a permanent modifier, should suffice.

Does that help?

damned
March 24th, 2020, 05:44
Permutations of what, exactly?

Ubiquity uses a dice pool. Any die will do, we can assume a d6 if that's easier. Success or failure for each die is a 50/50 proposition. Currently MoreCore uses the convention that even=success, odd=failure. That's fine. We're only interested in the number of successes.

The pool can have multiple sources of dice. For example, the number of dice in your initiative pool is the sum of your strength plus your dexterity. It can be modified by a feat (they're called talents, but they smell just like a Pathfinder feat), or other sources.

Modifiers can be positive (add dice to the pool) or negative (remove dice from the pool.) The modifiers currently behave this way.

So Initiative pool = Strength pool + Dex pool [+mod]

In general, two parameters for dice, and one for a permanent modifier, should suffice.

Does that help?

Kinda not really...

How many ways will you be building the pool?

/uniquity +str+dex+mod+situational+injuries+what?

How many will be done in the string and how many by using /mod # to add to the pool?

The roll code has to look at the string and be able to handle all the ways that you are writing it. That is not straight forward.

qdwag
March 24th, 2020, 06:01
Hi Damned,

Dragging items into the "Abilities" tab of the character sheet doesn't seem to work - no items get populated.
Is this a bug by any chance?

See screenshot - https://prnt.sc/rlmfta

damned
March 24th, 2020, 06:33
Hi Damned,

Dragging items into the "Abilities" tab of the character sheet doesn't seem to work - no items get populated.
Is this a bug by any chance?

See screenshot - https://prnt.sc/rlmfta

Confirmed bug.
It seems no one uses Ability libraries. This looks like it has been broken for over 2 years due to changes in CoreRPG.
Use Rolls without a formula.

qdwag
March 24th, 2020, 06:34
Noted. Thanks Damned.

LordEntrails
March 24th, 2020, 08:14
I'm don't want to have to go that far, but I will take route if I have to. I'm hoping that MoreCore and the various extensions for it will help me get closer to what I'm looking for.
I'm curious, what game is it you are looking to play with FG?

damned
March 24th, 2020, 10:40
Noted. Thanks Damned.

Using a Roll with a dice string it will still post to Chat. qdwag is using Intimidation
or whatever the Ability is. The Rolls are much more useful - Abilities have no mechanical function.
I will get these fixed at some point but it will likely result in data loss as the data types are mismatched.

qdwag
March 24th, 2020, 11:30
Yikes. What sort of data loss?

damned
March 24th, 2020, 11:36
Yikes. What sort of data loss?

Fixing Abilities will result in either Abilities on the Character Sheets or Abilities in the Library becoming "lost".

qdwag
March 24th, 2020, 11:39
Keep getting this error message in the console when starting up a hosted game.

[3/24/2020 9:37:37 PM] Launcher scene starting.
[3/24/2020 9:37:46 PM] Starting cloud server mode. [qdwag]
[3/24/2020 9:37:50 PM] Game server started. [3.104.74.180:53587]
[3/24/2020 9:37:50 PM] Launcher scene exiting.
[3/24/2020 9:37:50 PM] Tabletop scene starting.
[3/24/2020 9:38:00 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/radial/icon_shuffle.png) for icon (resettemp). [MoreCore] [graphics/graphics_icons.xml]
[3/24/2020 9:38:00 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/radial/icon_shuffle.png) for icon (resetalltemp). [MoreCore] [graphics/graphics_icons.xml]
[3/24/2020 9:38:06 PM] s'aMajor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #4, s'MoreCore' = #1 } | s' aMinor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #0, s'MoreCore' = #54 }
[3/24/2020 9:38:06 PM] s'onInit: registerResultHandler'

damned
March 24th, 2020, 12:02
It is patched already but not yet released.
It is a cosmetic error only.

qdwag
March 24th, 2020, 12:17
Oh nice work Damned. Thank you for your efforts!
So when you DO release it, do I need to download MoreCore again via the pinned post?

qdwag
March 24th, 2020, 12:26
Is this also a cosmetic issue? Showed up when I used the Party Sheet to distribute items.

[3/24/2020 9:37:37 PM] Launcher scene starting.
[3/24/2020 9:37:46 PM] Starting cloud server mode. [qdwag]
[3/24/2020 9:37:50 PM] Game server started. [3.104.74.180:53587]
[3/24/2020 9:37:50 PM] Launcher scene exiting.
[3/24/2020 9:37:50 PM] Tabletop scene starting.
[3/24/2020 9:38:00 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/radial/icon_shuffle.png) for icon (resettemp). [MoreCore] [graphics/graphics_icons.xml]
[3/24/2020 9:38:00 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] icon: Could not find image file (graphics/radial/icon_shuffle.png) for icon (resetalltemp). [MoreCore] [graphics/graphics_icons.xml]
[3/24/2020 9:38:06 PM] s'aMajor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #4, s'MoreCore' = #1 } | s' aMinor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #0, s'MoreCore' = #54 }
[3/24/2020 9:38:06 PM] s'onInit: registerResultHandler'
[3/24/2020 9:39:46 PM] Client connected. Waiting for authorization. [1]
[3/24/2020 9:39:46 PM] Authorization failed: Incorrect password.
[3/24/2020 9:40:19 PM] Client connected. Waiting for authorization. [2]
[3/24/2020 9:40:19 PM] 'Utena' connected
[3/24/2020 9:43:20 PM] Campaign saved.
[3/24/2020 9:44:48 PM] s'Bugbear fights on.'
[3/24/2020 9:44:57 PM] s' fights on.'
[24/03/2020 9:48:17 PM] Noble Connect [639935]: Stale Nonce. Resending REFRESH REQUEST [423a9bda55d4c828a65438ed] with new nonce
[3/24/2020 9:48:20 PM] Campaign saved.
[3/24/2020 9:53:20 PM] Campaign saved.
[3/24/2020 9:54:39 PM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (pcclasslink) in windowclass (charsheet)
[3/24/2020 9:54:39 PM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (pcclasslink) in windowclass (charsheet)
[3/24/2020 9:56:50 PM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (pcclasslink) in windowclass (charsheet)
[3/24/2020 9:58:20 PM] Campaign saved.
[24/03/2020 9:58:47 PM] Noble Connect [1269934]: Stale Nonce. Resending REFRESH REQUEST [c6c3eca5739d92af8bba7952] with new nonce
[3/24/2020 9:59:00 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "ps/scripts/manager_ps_loot.lua"]:105: setValue: Invalid parameter 1
[3/24/2020 9:59:19 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "ps/scripts/manager_ps_loot.lua"]:105: setValue: Invalid parameter 1
[3/24/2020 10:00:39 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "ps/scripts/manager_ps_loot.lua"]:105: setValue: Invalid parameter 1
[3/24/2020 10:00:44 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "ps/scripts/manager_ps_loot.lua"]:105: setValue: Invalid parameter 1
[3/24/2020 10:01:01 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Script execution error: [string "ps/scripts/manager_ps_loot.lua"]:105: setValue: Invalid parameter 1

Phystus
March 24th, 2020, 13:09
Kinda not really...

How many ways will you be building the pool?

/uniquity +str+dex+mod+situational+injuries+what?

How many will be done in the string and how many by using /mod # to add to the pool?

The roll code has to look at the string and be able to handle all the ways that you are writing it. That is not straight forward.

/ubiquity X[+Y][+Z] [description] where anything in square brackets is optional. Then apply the modifier stack to alter the number of dice prior to rolling them.

Version 1.54 handles X[+Y][+Z] [description] correctly, and handles positive modifiers, i.e. +2, correctly, but treats negative modifiers, i.e. -1 incorrectly.
The code you suggested treats negative modifiers correctly by removing dice, but ignores [+Y][+Z]

~P

damned
March 24th, 2020, 14:40
Please work with me here - you know the rules - I do not.
I spend many, many hours making these things work and its not much fun doing them over and over.
I need to know all the details.
Things like can X and Y be negatives?
Again - you know the answer - I dont. I need all the info with examples. Verbose examples please.

Phystus
March 24th, 2020, 15:15
X, Y and Z are positive integers, range 1-99 (99 would be absurdly high, but probably easier to not assign a lower valid range. Low two-digit numbers are definitely possible). Modifiers can be positive or negative, probably range -99 to 99 but no need to constrain since we're just doing math with those.

Valid examples:
/ubiquity 3 --> rolls 3 dice, evaluates for success
/ubiquity 3 /mod 2 --> rolls 5 dice, evaluates for success
/ubiquity 3+2 --> rolls 5 dice, evaluates for success
/ubiquity 20+7+3 /mod -27 --> rolls 3 dice, evaluates for success
/ubiquity 90+90+90 /mod -267 --> rolls 3 dice, evaluates for success
/ubiquity 1+1+1 /mod 10 --> rolls 13 dice, evaluates for success

Is that helpful? What else do you need?

I'm also working on this myself, hopefully one of us will get somewhere. Right now I've been able to construct an array of individual substrings of the roll (i.e. 1,1,1 in the last example), just need to figure out how to iterate over the array to add them up. I'm new to Lua (lots of programming experience, but not Lua or C). Any help there?

~P

damned
March 24th, 2020, 15:31
please test this

local rRoll = {};
rRoll.sType = sCmd;
rRoll.nMod = 0;
rRoll.aDice = {};

if sParams:match("([^%s+]+)+([^%s+]+)+([^%s+]+)%s(.*)") then
-- Debug.chat("three");
sCount1, sCount2, sCount3, sDesc = sParams:match("([^%s+]+)+([^%s+]+)+([^%s+]+)%s(.*)");
nCount1 = tonumber(sCount1);
nCount2 = tonumber(sCount2);
nCount3 = tonumber(sCount3);
-- Debug.chat("three: ", nCount1, nCount2, nCount3, sDesc);
elseif sParams:match("([^%s+]+)+([^%s+]+)%s(.*)") then
-- Debug.chat("two");
sCount1, sCount2, sDesc = sParams:match("([^%s+]+)+([^%s+]+)%s(.*)");
nCount2 = tonumber(sCount2);
nCount3 = 0;
-- Debug.chat("two: ", nCount1, nCount2, nCount3, sDesc);
elseif sParams:match("([^%s+]+)%s(.*)") then
-- Debug.chat("one");
sCount1, sDesc = sParams:match("([^%s+]+)%s(.*)");
nCount2 = 0;
nCount3 = 0;
-- Debug.chat("one: ", nCount1, nCount2, nCount3, sDesc);
end

nCount = nCount1+nCount2+nCount3;
-- Debug.chat("nCount", nCount);

nDice = nCount+nMod;
sDice = nDice.. "d6";

rRoll.aDice = aDice;
return rRoll;
end

Phystus
March 24th, 2020, 16:30
This seems to work too...
-- Debug.chat("28");
local rRoll = {};
rRoll.sType = sCmd;
rRoll.nMod = 0;
-- Removed to allow ChatManager.createBaseMessage function to create the right name - active character or player name if no characters are active.
--rRoll.sUser = User.getUsername();
rRoll.aDice = {};

-- Now we check that we have a properly formatted parameter, or we set the sDesc for the roll with a message.
if not sParams:match("(%d+)%s(.*)") then
rRoll.sDesc = "Parameters not in correct format. Should be in the format of \"/ubiquity # <desc>\"";
return rRoll;
end
-- if not sParams:match("(%d+)d([%dF]*)%s(.*)") then
-- rRoll.sDesc = "Parameters not in correct format. Should be in the format of \"#d# <desc>\"";
-- return rRoll;
-- end

-- local sDice, sDesc = sParams:match("([^%s]+)%s*(.*)");
local sDice, sDesc = sParams:match("([^%s]+)%s*(.*)");

local sDelim = "+"
local aDielist = StringManager.split(sDice, sDelim, 1);

local nDice = 0;
local i = 1;
for i =1, #aDielist do
local nDie = tonumber(aDielist[i]);
nDice = nDice+nDie;
end;

nDice = nDice + nMod;
sDice = nDice .. "d6";

rRoll.aDice = aDice;
return rRoll;
end

Finally figured out how to index an array. :)

Much thanks for your help!

~P

OSdirk
March 24th, 2020, 18:12
I'm curious, what game is it you are looking to play with FG?

We use d20/D&D/Pathfinder as a baseline, but with a lot of content that is either homebrew or converted content from other sources.

I do understand that the basic SRD package can't include everything, but there is a certain minimum threshold that should be met- which I'm just not seeing. (I'd want the character form to be at /least/ as functional as what WoTC had in the form of MasterTools back in the day, which was at least intuitive enough for most people to make it work out of the box, and had the capability of updating variables based on feats/equipment/etc.) We didn't pick up licenses to have an excuse to learn advanced LUA/XML scripting. We picked them up in order to play the actual game.

I'm not adverse to learning XML and LUA and I am currently attempting to chew through the tutorials. I just don't think it should be a requirement to gain baseline functions that should already be present.

I do realize that there is an officially licensed ruleset available for purchase, but as far as I'm aware it's nothing more than a reformatted version of the physical books that we already own. It wouldn't be worth the purchase, unless it actually solved the database referencing issue. There's no point of entering homebrew content to the computerized form, if the computerized form can't update the math.

wndrngdru
March 24th, 2020, 18:16
Confirmed bug.
It seems no one uses Ability libraries. This looks like it has been broken for over 2 years due to changes in CoreRPG.
Use Rolls without a formula.

@qdwag & @damned
Weird. The drag and drop from the Abilities library to the Abilities tab is still working for me under FGC with the current MoreCore under a brand new install. I put the spells under the Abilities library in the Dungeon World modules mostly because there isn't a Spells library.
To be clear, the entries themselves have no mechanical function and are only there as easy "spellbook" entries which include the text from the manual. The text also includes a roll (for those spells that use them) that can be dragged and dropped into the character sheet spells window or wherever the player wants to put it.

What I do see is that in the theme update in MoreCore, we lost the group pulldown in the Abilities library. I had all the spell entries grouped by class and level.

I know I'm going to have to go in and rework some stuff with the new functions in MoreCore and whatever is coming down the pipe with FGU. It would be nice to have some sort of library for spells, whatever that looks like. Otherwise, that's a bunch more stuff to clutter the Rolls library with.

EDIT: It looks like the drag 'n' drop issue is FGU only. It still works fine in FGC (missing group menu notwithstanding).

LordEntrails
March 25th, 2020, 01:08
I do understand that the basic SRD package can't include everything, but there is a certain minimum threshold that should be met- which I'm just not seeing.
Well, this really isn't the right thread to discuss this in. And I won't judge or comment on if your expectations are reasonable or not (as it really doesn't matter, everyone is entitled to their own expectations). I will say that in the almost 5 years I've been here no one else I can remember has expressed such expectations. And there are currently over 192k forum members (about 10k of them this week alone). So I will say that your expectations are not common.

What's important is how to help you either meet your expectations, or modify your expectations.

wndrngdru
March 25th, 2020, 01:26
Okay, I think I could maybe fix this with an extension (and an opportunity to dig further into adding/editing stuff I'd like to see). @damned: Would there be any issues with essentially duplicating the Rolls library and just calling it something different? Is that somewhere in one of your informative videos?

Whatever happens, it's going to take a while as I lost my source files a couple of weeks ago in a catastrophic hard drive crash.

damned
March 25th, 2020, 01:55
Okay, I think I could maybe fix this with an extension (and an opportunity to dig further into adding/editing stuff I'd like to see). @damned: Would there be any issues with essentially duplicating the Rolls library and just calling it something different? Is that somewhere in one of your informative videos?

Whatever happens, it's going to take a while as I lost my source files a couple of weeks ago in a catastrophic hard drive crash.

Thanks for investigating the FGU v FGC thing with Abilities. I admit I did only look at FGu as the OP is only using FGU
I will fix the Categories and try and resolve the drag and drop.

Please can you give more info on the Rolls duplication?

wndrngdru
March 25th, 2020, 03:26
Thanks for investigating the FGU v FGC thing with Abilities. I admit I did only look at FGu as the OP is only using FGU
I will fix the Categories and try and resolve the drag and drop.

Excellent. Thank you. Although... see below.

Please can you give more info on the Rolls duplication?
I was trying to remember why I set up the spells under the Abilities the way I did. The main reason was to separate them from the rest of the rolls, basically having a Spells library like 5e does.
The Abilities library currently won't hold MC Rolls. I figured if the Abilities library worked the way the Rolls library did, all would be right with the (dungeon) world. That's what I meant by duplicating, just duplicating the function but have it as it's own "bucket o' stuff".

If you'd rather not do that as part of MC, I'm sure I could pound out an extension that would do it. I was just wondering if you knew of any pitfalls going in.

damned
March 25th, 2020, 03:51
There are no reasons why you couldnt do it as an extension.
I would think that you ought to add another tab instead of breaking any existing content that is in Abilities.
Have a look at the Low Fantasy Gaming extension I think I added another set of Rolls for Spells on the second tab maybe?

qdwag
March 25th, 2020, 03:54
@qdwag & @damned
Weird. The drag and drop from the Abilities library to the Abilities tab is still working for me under FGC with the current MoreCore under a brand new install. I put the spells under the Abilities library in the Dungeon World modules mostly because there isn't a Spells library.
To be clear, the entries themselves have no mechanical function and are only there as easy "spellbook" entries which include the text from the manual. The text also includes a roll (for those spells that use them) that can be dragged and dropped into the character sheet spells window or wherever the player wants to put it.

What I do see is that in the theme update in MoreCore, we lost the group pulldown in the Abilities library. I had all the spell entries grouped by class and level.

I know I'm going to have to go in and rework some stuff with the new functions in MoreCore and whatever is coming down the pipe with FGU. It would be nice to have some sort of library for spells, whatever that looks like. Otherwise, that's a bunch more stuff to clutter the Rolls library with.

EDIT: It looks like the drag 'n' drop issue is FGU only. It still works fine in FGC (missing group menu notwithstanding).

Thanks for confirming the FGU issue Wndrngdru :o

qdwag
March 25th, 2020, 04:04
Question:

Does anyone know of a MoreCore theme that works fine graphically, with Unity?

I've tried a couple of themes from the forum but they're messing up the UI. Pretty much unusable.

Cheers.

tenderfoot
March 25th, 2020, 04:48
Hi all,

Crossposting from this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40872-Blades-in-the-Dark-One-Shots/page4) re: needing help with a Blades in the Dark custom dice roll for MoreCore.

@Damned asked

Can you, perhaps in the main MoreCore thread, post a detailed description of the roll mechanic including all the things that can impact a roll. Things that change target numbers, change number of dice, add modifiers to etc.
Are rolls opposed, are they against a variable target, a static target?
And also how a roll should report its results?

Dice rolls in Blades are d6-based. A roll of 1-3 is a miss, a roll of 4-5 is a partial success, and a roll of 6 is a full success. These are static targets.

When a player character takes an action, they make an action roll, rolling a number of d6s based on theiraction rating, usually between 0-4 dice. (Rolling 0d6 functions as rolling 2d6 and taking the lower die result). The outcome of the roll (full success, partial success, or failure) is derived from the highest die result. So if rolling 3d6 gets you [1 3 5], your result is a 5.

When a player character resists a consequence, they make a resistance roll based on one of three attribute ratings: Insight, Prowess, or Resolve. A character's attribute rating is determined by the breadth of their action ratings, which you can kind of see illustrated here: https://bladesinthedark.com/sites/default/files/blades_playerkit_v8_2.pdf. Basically, your attribute rating is the sum of the attribute's corresponding action ratings that are at least one. This was hard for me to wrap my head around without a visual. Since the attribute ratings are derived from action ratings, I'm going to try to automate them on the character sheet.

Let's say Geist, your Cutter, has the following action ratings: Attune 2, Command 1, Consort 0, Sway 0. These are all in the Resolve branch. Because Geist has at least one point in Attune and Command, Geist has a Resolve of 2.

These two rolls are the mechanical basis of Blades in the Dark. There are modifiers to these rolls, i.e. if the GM presents a good Devil's Bargain, a player may choose to give up something in return for +1D on their action roll. Modifiers always increase the standard dice pool by one or more (I don't think they ever decrease rolled rice). Let's say, in our earlier example, Geist takes a Devil's Bargain. Instead of rolling 2d6 for Attune, Geist would roll 3d6 and take the highest result. I think the easiest way to keep track of these modifiers is with the modifier box in the lower left corner of FG.

These are the basics for Blades in the Dark. If anything is unclear, please let me know. And thank you for any effort you can make on this!

wndrngdru
March 25th, 2020, 04:48
Question:

Does anyone know of a MoreCore theme that works fine graphically, with Unity?

I've tried a couple of themes from the forum but they're messing up the UI. Pretty much unusable.

Cheers.

I wouldn't count on seeing much at this point. Once FGU is officially released, I'm sure you'll see more stuff become available as the community goes to work.

OSdirk
March 25th, 2020, 16:43
Well, this really isn't the right thread to discuss this in. And I won't judge or comment on if your expectations are reasonable or not (as it really doesn't matter, everyone is entitled to their own expectations). I will say that in the almost 5 years I've been here no one else I can remember has expressed such expectations. And there are currently over 192k forum members (about 10k of them this week alone). So I will say that your expectations are not common.

What's important is how to help you either meet your expectations, or modify your expectations.

I'm actually surprised that this hasn't come up before, but I don't want to consistently keep hijacking this thread to be my personal complaints department, though.

If I need to bring this up in more detail elsewhere on the forum, I'm willing to do so. In the meantime, I'll keep chewing through the tutorials until I can get something useful out of them.

ddavison
March 25th, 2020, 16:58
We use d20/D&D/Pathfinder as a baseline, but with a lot of content that is either homebrew or converted content from other sources.

I do understand that the basic SRD package can't include everything, but there is a certain minimum threshold that should be met- which I'm just not seeing. (I'd want the character form to be at /least/ as functional as what WoTC had in the form of MasterTools back in the day, which was at least intuitive enough for most people to make it work out of the box, and had the capability of updating variables based on feats/equipment/etc.) We didn't pick up licenses to have an excuse to learn advanced LUA/XML scripting. We picked them up in order to play the actual game.

I'm not adverse to learning XML and LUA and I am currently attempting to chew through the tutorials. I just don't think it should be a requirement to gain baseline functions that should already be present.

I do realize that there is an officially licensed ruleset available for purchase, but as far as I'm aware it's nothing more than a reformatted version of the physical books that we already own. It wouldn't be worth the purchase, unless it actually solved the database referencing issue. There's no point of entering homebrew content to the computerized form, if the computerized form can't update the math.

I may have missed the beginning of this conversation. SRD implies a discussion about the 5E ruleset for D&D fifth edition. It contains enough content to create characters, run monsters, equip items, spells, etc. It is a pretty extensive subset of content from the PHB/MM/DMG and it should provide a pretty clear example for you to use as a basis for creating your own new classes, races, monsters, etc. If you don't see it, you probably still need to open the modules from Library > Modules. You don't need to do anything in XML or LUA to add your own homebrew versions of those. Just create the necessary items in the interface. You can even use /export afterward to make them into a module that you can reuse in multiple campaigns. If you have a specific issue that you need help with, please post that over in the 5E forums and you should get some help. If you are new to FG, I would recommend checking out Fantasy Grounds College. They have free interactive courses on Discord that are good for getting people ramped up quickly.

qdwag
March 25th, 2020, 16:59
Hey guys,

Have any of you noticed in the Combat Tracker, that when an NPC dies, the token/portrait image in the CT goes blank when they die (more wounds than HP) and there's no way of bringing it back (even if you zero out the wounds).

Is this just me or a bug?

damned
March 25th, 2020, 21:41
Hey guys,

Have any of you noticed in the Combat Tracker, that when an NPC dies, the token/portrait image in the CT goes blank when they die (more wounds than HP) and there's no way of bringing it back (even if you zero out the wounds).

Is this just me or a bug?

Probably a bug. In FGC its token in the CT is replaced with a Skull. That code might not be working properly in FGU.

damned
March 25th, 2020, 21:44
Dice rolls in Blades are d6-based. A roll of 1-3 is a miss, a roll of 4-5 is a partial success, and a roll of 6 is a full success. These are static targets.

Ill try and get this done in the next build to be released soon(ish).

tenderfoot
March 25th, 2020, 22:42
Ill try and get this done in the next build to be released soon(ish).

Thank you, man! I have plenty to work on in the meantime :)

Phystus
March 27th, 2020, 04:01
I don't think it's working in FGC either. I had noticed the disappearing token behavior too, so I just ran a test. The token disappears from the combat tracker (the monster entry remains, however). The token does not disappear from the map. It doesn't replace the token with a skull on either the CT or the map.

Phystus
March 27th, 2020, 21:10
Damned,

I fixed the issues with the Ubiquity dice and negative modifiers. I also restored the ability to specify dice type (d6, d8, etc.). I did this so that anyone running a campaign with ubiquity dice won't have to re-code every existing roll.

This fix also allows you to add an arbitrary number of dice pools together. For example,

/ubiquity 1d4+2d6+3d8+4d10+5d12+6d20+7d100+8d4+9d6+10d8+11d1 0+12d20 would be valid.

Note that while you can code any die type you want, what actually gets rolled are d6's. For ubiquity it doesn't really matter which dice you use, as long as they have an equal number of odd and even numbers (so d3's don't work).

Also note that FG (classic, at least) has a hard upper limit of 60 dice, so the above example would just roll 60 dice.

Modifiers work as they should for Ubiquity, by adding or subtracting dice from the pool.

If anyone has problems making this work, or questions about how it works, please don't hesitate to ask!

~Phystus

Attachment: MC_Ubiquity_die_fix.ext

damned
March 28th, 2020, 01:58
Very good phystus Ill push the new build out this weekend with some luck.

damned
March 28th, 2020, 02:16
Ive just posted a new alt theme for MoreCore

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?55142-MoreCore-Dungeon-Theme&p=486784

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32687

meguido
March 28th, 2020, 22:14
hello damned,

I create Ext to CoreRPG..

I want to add Modifier (Modcollector) To Difficulty ? in my manager_action_ability.lua...

base difficulty : 5

mananger_action_ability

function onInit()
CustomDiceManager.add_roll_type("sr5ability", performAction, onLanded, true, "all");
GameSystem.actions["sr5ability"] = { bUseModStack = true};
end

function getDieMax(sType)
Debug.console("getDieMax: ", sType);
local sDie = string.match(sType, "d(%d+)");
if tonumber(sDie) > 1000 then
tempmax = tonumber(sDie);
while tempmax > 20 do
tempmax = tempmax - 1000;
end
else tempmax = tonumber(sDie);
end
max = tempmax;
return max;
end

function performRoll(draginfo, rActor, nSkillLev, sAbilityStat, bSecretRoll)
local rRoll = { };
rRoll.sType = "sr5ability";
rRoll.aDice = { };
rRoll.nMod = 0;
rRoll.nSkillLev = nSkillLev;
rRoll.sDesc = "";
rRoll.sDesc = rRoll.sDesc .. " " .. StringManager.capitalize(sAbilityStat);
local count = nSkillLev;
Debug.console("count:", count);

while count > 0 do
table.insert(rRoll.aDice, "d10");
count = count - 1;

end
rRoll.bSecret = bSecretRoll;
ActionsManager.performAction(draginfo, rActor, rRoll);
end

function initLastDice(aDice)
aSavedDice = {};
for i , v in ipairs (aDice) do
aSavedDice[i] = { type=v.type, result=0, exploded=true };
end
return aSavedDice;
end

function onLanded(rSource, rTarget, rRoll, nSkillLev)
Debug.console("onLanded: ", rSource, rTarget, rRoll);

if not nSuccesses then nSuccesses = 0;
end
if not nFails then nFails = 0;
end

local nModUpdate = ModifierStack.getSum();
local nStackMod = nModUpdate;
local nSuccessLevel = nStackMod + 5 ? --- Diificulty base 5 I want to add Difficulty to Modifier (modcollector) ?

for i , v in ipairs (rRoll.aDice) do
if rRoll.aDice[i].result == 10 then
nSuccesses = nSuccesses + 1;
elseif rRoll.aDice[i].result >= nSuccessLevel then
nSuccesses = nSuccesses + 1;
elseif rRoll.aDice[i].result < nSuccessLevel then
nFails = nFails + 1;
end
end

rRoll.nFails = nFails;
rRoll.nSuccesses = nSuccesses;
rRoll.nSuccessLevel = nSuccessLevel;
Debug.console("nSuccesses1: ", nSuccesses, " nFails1: ", nFails, "nSuccessLevel1:", nSuccessLevel);

local rMessage = ActionsManager.createActionMessage(rSource, rRoll);

rMessage = createChatMessage(rSource, rRoll);
rMessage.type = "dice";
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "\nDiff = ".. rRoll.nSuccessLevel;
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "\nSucces: " .. rRoll.nSuccesses;
if nSuccesses == 0 then
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "\n[Echec]";
end
Comm.deliverChatMessage(rMessage);

nSuccesses = nil;
nFails = nil;
end

--[[function onResolve(rSource, rTarget, rRoll)
Comm.deliverChatMessage(rMessage);

end]]

function createChatMessage(rSource, rRoll)
rMessage.dicedisplay = 0; -- don't display total

return rMessage;
end

GunbunnyFuFu
March 29th, 2020, 00:01
Played a game of 2300 AD on MoreCore today. Was a great time (one character died...Kafer shot him in the head!). One thing I did note with tokens is that when they would be moved by players, only a green spot would appear on the map where they were moved to. The actual token didn't move. This could be remedied by grabbing the green spot and shaking it, which caused the token to appear. Another issue we had is that I couldn't move some token, nor approve their moves when the tokens were locked. Any ideas what may be causing this off the top of your head?

GBFF

wndrngdru
March 29th, 2020, 01:48
Played a game of 2300 AD on MoreCore today. Was a great time (one character died...Kafer shot him in the head!). One thing I did note with tokens is that when they would be moved by players, only a green spot would appear on the map where they were moved to. The actual token didn't move. This could be remedied by grabbing the green spot and shaking it, which caused the token to appear. Another issue we had is that I couldn't move some token, nor approve their moves when the tokens were locked. Any ideas what may be causing this off the top of your head?

GBFF

I have had this happen on other rulesets as well. I'm not sure what is happening and it doesn't happen all the time. I've seen it both as a player and as a GM. Next time it happens I'll be sure and grab as much data as possible and report it to the SW Wizards. I suspect it may have something to do with the grid. When it's happened, it has generally been on a map that had a large number of grid lines. Not a large map as far as pixels go, but it did cover a lot of ground.

wndrngdru
March 29th, 2020, 01:57
@damned
I'm not sure if you've started working on FGU compatibility for MC yet. I've not really noticed any issues in my playing around with it, other than the missing icon for Assets (Tokens is no longer used in FGU).
However, I do have a feature request whenever you get to that point (and if you're taking them :)).
It would be reeeeaaally swell if the various damage dice(/dbdamage, /damagedr, etc.) could be able to use the new expressions available in FGU (https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGU/pages/688330/Rolling+Dice).

damned
March 29th, 2020, 02:36
hello damned,

I create Ext to CoreRPG..

I want to add Modifier (Modcollector) To Difficulty ? in my manager_action_ability.lua...

base difficulty : 5

mananger_action_ability

function onInit()

Use

and then you use nMod as the Sum of the Stack and sDesc1 is all the descriptions of modifiers that have been added.