PDA

View Full Version : MoreCore Ruleset

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

graziano.girelli
November 17th, 2018, 16:21
Hi mate - I apologise for the work involved in updating - it will be worth it for sure though!
Im still working on spells - it might take another week or two though... am still happy to take some advice/feedback on spells!

Apologize??? Absolutely not! You are really doing a wonderful work with MoreCore.
Regarding the spell system, take all time you need. Just a question (dumb question due to my ignorance about programming language in FG): why it's not possible to use rolls in spell library? I mean... i can place description, costs, level, etc, but cannot generate rolls. It's just for curiosity, nothing more then this.

Szabtom
November 17th, 2018, 17:43
Hi damned,

I just finished watching the first video in your new series. First of all, a big thank you for doing the series!

My first attempt at creating an extension will be a generic fantasy theme for MoreCore. I like the 5e ruleset's look and plan to use the graphics assets. (For personal use only). Are there any programming conflicts or incompatibilities that I should look out for? e.g. nomenclature, file/folder structure, etc.

Also, is there anything in MoreCore that I would want to mod for my fantasy theme but does not have an asset in the 5e ruleset? I counted 28 elements in the 5e graphics\sidebar folder (each having a png for normal state and another one for pressed state, total 56), and I counted 36 files in the MoreCore folder. These seem to not have "down" versions so am I going to need some extra assets for some of the sidebar buttons?

Valyar
November 18th, 2018, 00:53
Ok peoples.
Ive just posted v1.47 and it has a couple of big changes.

The first is Roll Parameters.

Fantastic!

PS: Too bad this update broke my Conan 2d20 extension, but it is me who did some shortcuts to avoid excessive coding :D Looking at the roll parameters, I am considering to spend some time to evaluate whether to migrate to pure MoreCore sheet template and keep only the theme (as Jolly did) or keep two MoreCore rulesets in parallel.

ShotGun Jolly
November 18th, 2018, 01:01
Fantastic!

PS: Too bad this update broke my Conan 2d20 extension, but it is me who did some shortcuts to avoid excessive coding :D Looking at the roll parameters, I am considering to spend some time to evaluate whether to migrate to pure MoreCore sheet template and keep only the theme (as Jolly did) or keep two MoreCore rulesets in parallel.

I made some changes to mine too. I ended up going almost pure MoreCore, with slight changes to the character sheet (added a doom/momentum tracker) The parameters pretty much does everything else i needed it to do.

damned
November 18th, 2018, 01:06
Hi damned,

I just finished watching the first video in your new series. First of all, a big thank you for doing the series!

My first attempt at creating an extension will be a generic fantasy theme for MoreCore. I like the 5e ruleset's look and plant to use the graphics assets. (For personal use only). Are there any programming conflicts or incompatibilities that I should look out for? e.g. nomenclature, file/folder structure, etc.

Also, is there anything in MoreCore that I would want to mod for my fantasy theme but does not have an asset in the 5e ruleset? I counted 28 elements in the 5e graphics\sidebar folder (each having a png for normal state and another one for pressed state, total 56), and I counted 36 files in the MoreCore folder. These seem to not have "down" versions so am I going to need some extra assets for some of the sidebar buttons?

Szabtom - I think you will find that SmiteWorks are ok with you reusing their art assets in an extension that is free so please do proceed and please do share your work.

Theme elements take a long time to create so I try to use as few elements as possible and save my creative energy. I think I use the one Down button for all the large campaign tool buttons in the default theme but that is super easy to change back.

damned
November 18th, 2018, 01:08
Fantastic!

Again - my apologies. Generally I avoid making changes that will affect campaign data or themes but pulling the flip frames into another tab is going to make it much easier for people to create new extensions in the future.

For the Roll Parameters I think you will find that they are well worth spending a little time updating your existing rolls and characters - these will save you time and make it much easier for the players.

Valyar
November 18th, 2018, 01:13
I made some changes to mine too. I ended up going almost pure MoreCore, with slight changes to the character sheet (added a doom/momentum tracker) The parameters pretty much does everything else i needed it to do.
The main showstopper for me are the PC and NPC sheets. The one that Ogedei started I took and enhanced further, adding things that my player wanted (checkboxes for wounds and etc), plus fixing the rolls for NPC and other things behind the scene. I can do super fast session prep by just copying data from RW to FG without doing those pesky strings for rolls.

It might be possible to translate the attached into pure MoreCore and see what the result is. Do you have empty template I can check?

Again - my apologies. Generally I avoid making changes that will affect campaign data or themes but pulling the flip frames into another tab is going to make it much easier for people to create new extensions in the future.

For the Roll Parameters I think you will find that they are well worth spending a little time updating your existing rolls and characters - these will save you time and make it much easier for the players.
This big update is worth the pain to find and fix the error on my end. Looking forward to start experimenting with the new stuffs :)
I really like how MoreCore is going and while I haven't read all the code, I would suggest some refactoring and clarity of the code for modders.

Szabtom
November 18th, 2018, 01:14
Damned,
When I get further along with the project, I will be sure to contact Smiteworks regarding the assets.
About the buttons and such - I will come back with a more concrete question later, when I have examined MoreCore in a bit more detail.

damned
November 18th, 2018, 01:51
The main showstopper for me are the PC and NPC sheets. The one that Ogedei started I took and enhanced further, adding things that my player wanted (checkboxes for wounds and etc), plus fixing the rolls for NPC and other things behind the scene. I can do super fast session prep by just copying data from RW to FG without doing those pesky strings for rolls.

It might be possible to translate the attached into pure MoreCore and see what the result is. Do you have empty template I can check?

This big update is worth the pain to find and fix the error on my end. Looking forward to start experimenting with the new stuffs :)
I really like how MoreCore is going and while I haven't read all the code, I would suggest some refactoring and clarity of the code for modders.

Valyar - as these sheets replace most of the MoreCore elements you will probably just have to hide anything new - and Im not sure there is anything new on the MoreCore tab - most of the changes there were things being removed and put on the new MoreData tab. Im pretty sure the MoreData tab wont show for you with this extension unless you add it in manually as you are overwriting record_char.xml where the MoreData gets included from.

Its quite possible there are few or no errors...

Valyar
November 18th, 2018, 02:06
It is exactly what I did, I hid your MoreCore components. The in-place upgrade to the new version was flawless with the exception of combat tracker issue. I Circumvented by dirty hack, this time totally replacing the xml file in my extension (because in Conan there is no roll for initiative and empty value gives error when dragging to CT)

5 min work :)

Valyar
November 18th, 2018, 11:15
All right, I played a bit with the new ruleset with the intention to translate to "pure" MoreCore version. The new roll parameters are fantastic addition with great potential. :)

Now, lets get down to earth and do some improvement suggestions and ask for advice:

Unskilled rolls with proper complication reporting: In Conan 2d20, when a skill check as 0 in Expertise and Focus, it is considered untrained and a complication is generated on 19 and 20. This of course, will work only when used with parameters who evaluate the inputs and read the expertise in addition to the target number and focus.
Compound parameters: Make the parameters in the dice rolls to take reference values into calculation. Example below.

I am setting up character sheet and in Conan, the skills and their TN are based on the combination of Attribute + Expertise values. In the rolls in the sheet, I can set up parameters and also reference fields, but I don't see a way to make the TN be a combination of a1+p1 for example in the dice formula. The goal is to have a single place where the attribute is recorded and all rolls to refer this value when check is made. With the current set up, I have to update every TN of the associated skill, when attribute is updated.

Attached is screenshot with very ugly lines drawn on touchpad...

damned
November 18th, 2018, 13:04
try the /infskill roll - it takes three parameters.

Valyar
November 18th, 2018, 13:08
try the /infskill roll - it takes three parameters.

But this does not solve the issue that I have to update every skill's target number when an attribute changes.

damned
November 18th, 2018, 13:14
if you are using (a1), (b2), (c1) etc then they will always stay in sync with the source.
Is that what you are asking?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25328

Valyar
November 18th, 2018, 13:16
No. Target Number is Conan is equal to Attribute + Expertise. For example 12+3=15 and I need to roll 15 or lower.

I need to combine a1+p1 for example. This will open so much other possibilities :)

damned
November 18th, 2018, 13:17
Have a look at the /infskill roll - I believe it does what you want by way of accepting all three fields... but Im not positive as I dont play either game...
And my example just grabs 3 different values - just to demo it...

mcortez
November 18th, 2018, 16:33
No. Target Number is Conan is equal to Attribute + Expertise. For example 12+3=15 and I need to roll 15 or lower.

I need to combine a1+p1 for example. This will open so much other possibilities :)

Valyar, actually I developed the /infskill roll to do exactly this -- as I'm working on Infinity RPG which is also a modiphius 2d20 system, but was annoyed that the existing /conan roll assumed that you were passing in the Target Number instead of Attribute and Expertise separately. It takes as the 3 inputs the Attribute Score, Expertise and Focus. So for your example here, it's /infskill 2d20a12e3f3 (assuming a focus of 3 from the screen shot you shared a couple posts up). In hindsight I probably should have named the roll /modskill for modiphius skill check, or something along those lines.

On the Acrobatics roll, you would just have 2 parameters - p1 for Expertise, and p2 for Focus. Then you use a reference to Agility, which would have just a single Parameter. The formula would then be /infskill 2d20a(a1)e(p1)f(p2)

Unfortunately it won't *display* the TN next to the skills column between the Expertise and Focus like you were doing previously, the players will only see the Expertise and Focus, and the Attribute score will of course be wherever your Attributes are defined. But the /infskill *will* take those into consideration when it rolls the dice.

As for untrained skill increasing the complication roll, I'll double check to see if the same is true in the InfinityRPG (I think it is) and if it is, I'll update the /infskill roll to take that into account.

I am looking at making another extension that allows for doing simple calculations - something like take Field A and add it to Field B and put the result in Field C. That would in theory allow you to generate and display the TN like you did on your old sheet.

Eventually I also want to experiment with figuring out a good way for people to use Infinity Points (adds a die to the roll that is automatically set to 1), Momentum/Heat (adds extra dice to the rolls, currently this is possible via the Modifier box but I'd like to track Momentum/Heat automagically) and Assists (where other players use their action to assist the current player, and they roll a single die skill check which helps only if the original player has at least one success.) I'd also like some way to add to the Complication Range - for example some weapons, or conditions in Infinity RPG can increase the complication range - so that you end up with complications on 18s, 17s, etc. Having never looked at the Conan RPG, I'm not sure if it has these same mechanics - but if I add them to /infskill, I'll make sure they're all optional.

Valyar
November 18th, 2018, 16:48
mcortez, I tested this fast and furiously... this is EXACTLY what I wanted! Many thanks, now it works like a charm and in the way I want it. I am completely fine NOT to have the TN as in the previous screenshot, it is calculated automatically. :D Conan, Infinity, Star Trek Adventures, and other 2d20 systems behave in almost the same way, just name of the "things" is different. The alternative of Infinity points is Fortune points, Heat is Doom, Momentum is the same, the rest is also more or less the same.

@damned - the /conan roll IMO should be exactly like THE /infskill. I would actually merge those under /modskill for example to cover all 2d20 systems using this principle :)

Valyar
November 18th, 2018, 16:57
The /infskill roll does not report the complications on 20.

mcortez
November 18th, 2018, 17:37
The /infskill roll does not report the complications on 20.

And that was my mistake, I gave damned an old copy of the infskill die roll script... :(

Here's the correct version packaged up in a little extension that you can use until damned releases the next version of MoreCore with the corrected roll. I've also added support for complications on a 19, if Expertise is 0.

This version uses /modskill 2d20a#e#f#

Valyar
November 18th, 2018, 17:58
Thank you mcortez, much appreciated! :)

ShotGun Jolly
November 18th, 2018, 23:49
Thank you mcortez, much appreciated! :)

mcortez

Dude, this is awesome! Thanks for taking the time to figure this stuff out for the likes of me. This stuff goes above and beyond! Coming from a person, who can not do this stuff, you made it work the way I always wanted it too!

@Damned

I would like to second Valyar's request to have the /conan dice roll mimic the infinity roll. Now, i know i can go ahead and make an extension that does this on my own, but it is worth the time to place it in MoreCore proper!

ShotGun Jolly
November 18th, 2018, 23:52
And that was my mistake, I gave damned an old copy of the infskill die roll script... :(

Here's the correct version packaged up in a little extension that you can use until damned releases the next version of MoreCore with the corrected roll. I've also added support for complications on a 19, if Expertise is 0.

This is super awesome news! This is a real great!

damned
November 19th, 2018, 00:09
mcortez is also running 2d20 games so he knows what is what and ill just incorporate his changes in as they become available.
Use the extension for now - I wont push another MoreCore update till next weekend at the earliest.

shadelon
November 19th, 2018, 05:25
So have you gotten that documentation on the roll parameters done yet? I haven't even tried this new version yet cause I'm afraid of what it might do. lol I'll try it but first I'm backing up the old version. Just in case I have to rollback.

damned
November 19th, 2018, 07:11
So have you gotten that documentation on the roll parameters done yet? I haven't even tried this new version yet cause I'm afraid of what it might do. lol I'll try it but first I'm backing up the old version. Just in case I have to rollback.

didjaevenlook?
https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html#parameters

ShotGun Jolly
November 19th, 2018, 12:35

Hey.. I took this extension, and modified it so I would not need to replace the /conan strings with the new /modskill. And it works flawlessly. Now, I know I can use the parameters in the string to modifiy the number of D20 I roll. But I am adding the code to it now, that allows me to add dice via the lower left modifier box. (its just the way I like it to be done) but with your permission mcortez, I will post that extension here for those who do play conan, wont have to modify any dice strings till the new MoreCore is released. You cool with that?

mcortez
November 19th, 2018, 18:25
I've no objections, post away!

Edit: I'll go ahead and incorporate your changes back into /modskill -- I think I can setup the die roll to also have multiple aliases so that /conan and /modskill will both use the same code, that way both strings benefit and there's only a single code base.

I'm also going to add another (optional) parameter for c# - which will add to the complication range. In Infinity it's possible to acquire things like weapons that are damaged, or have quirks, so that they always have a +1 or +2 complication range - so you get complications at lower die rolls. I figure it might be handy for when setting up equipment to be able to work that into the roll's themselves.

ShotGun Jolly
November 19th, 2018, 22:47
Thank you mcortez!

Here is the extension file. Slightly modified. This will override the current "/Conan" dice string code in MoreCore and replace it with the above very serious improvements! This also will allow a person to add dice to the roll by adjusting the Modifier box in the bottom left corner.

Inshort, this lets things work till the next version of MoreCore is updated.

shadelon
November 22nd, 2018, 13:00
I wonder if someone can help me make an improvement to the /myinit roll so that when it sets the init it will actually take the total and not just the die roll.

This is the problem I'm having. The string is set up to accept the modifier and it rolls it with the modifier, but only takes the flat die roll, not the total. :confused: I've tried looking at the code, but I can't figure out how to make it work correctly.

Dave
November 22nd, 2018, 23:59
I am having the same problem. The /myinit roll seems to be ignoring any modifier; including the one supposed to synch with the combat tracker.

damned
November 23rd, 2018, 00:19
There is an issue with /myinit ignoring the modifier. Ill have a fix in the next update.

Dave
November 23rd, 2018, 00:40
There is an issue with /myinit ignoring the modifier. Ill have a fix in the next update.

Thanks! It's an awesome product, I'm looking forward to working with it more.

Szabtom
November 28th, 2018, 12:56
Hi damned,
I just wanted to drop a note here to say thanks for the video instructions in your latest series on Youtube. You are churning them out like a machine! I believe it is video no. 13 now. Great stuff.

damned
November 28th, 2018, 23:02
Hi damned,
I just wanted to drop a note here to say thanks for the video instructions in your latest series on Youtube. You are churning them out like a machine! I believe it is video no. 13 now. Great stuff.

Hey Szabtom - yes 13 so far and there is a small number to go yet. By the time they are done there will be a fully functional B/X D&D Retro Clone and full instructions on how I did it. I believe that most of what I go thru in the videos is explained well enough to be replicated, adapted and reused in whatever system you want to build for.
I think combining some programming with the features of MoreCore can give you a much easier entry point to getting a pretty decently functioning ruleset.

These videos are killing me though! I cant wait to get them finished. They might look like a 7mins video but sometimes the content takes me 20 hours to nut out!

esmdev
November 28th, 2018, 23:28
I have a question about your text writing into the icon buttons in the first video. How do you tell it the words to write? I've looked for some source but can't find anything. The reason I ask is if I wanted to change something like Characters to Agents and Quests to Missions how would I do that?

damned
November 28th, 2018, 23:34
I have a question about your text writing into the icon buttons in the first video. How do you tell it the words to write? I've looked for some source but can't find anything. The reason I ask is if I wanted to change something like Characters to Agents and Quests to Missions how would I do that?

Hi esmdev

You need to use the data_library_dbd.lua file so that it knows how to do this.
It then uses the strings that are used as Tooltips as the words on the button rather than just as tooltips.
The strings would be:
<string name="library_recordtype_label_charsheet">Agents</string>
<string name="library_recordtype_label_quest">Missions</string>

esmdev
November 28th, 2018, 23:45
Nifty, thanks so much for the info and the videos. :)

Szabtom
November 30th, 2018, 12:23
Hey Szabtom - yes 13 so far and there is a small number to go yet. By the time they are done there will be a fully functional B/X D&D Retro Clone and full instructions on how I did it.
Wow, the reason I started my project was to have a D&D basic / simple OSR ruleset in MoreCore. Christmas is truly coming! :D

I believe that most of what I go thru in the videos is explained well enough to be replicated, adapted and reused in whatever system you want to build for.
I think combining some programming with the features of MoreCore can give you a much easier entry point to getting a pretty decently functioning ruleset.
Yes, now that I have dipped my toes into this, I fully agree.

These videos are killing me though! I cant wait to get them finished. They might look like a 7mins video but sometimes the content takes me 20 hours to nut out!
I can only imagine... But do not burn yourself out, man! I (and other forumites here) will still have tons questions and need you! :D

DMReckless
December 4th, 2018, 04:26
Anyone have an idea how to code a dice string that takes 2d12 plus one other die (d6.d8.d10.d12, or d20) and keeps only the best 2 dice?

damned
December 4th, 2018, 04:45
Anyone have an idea how to code a dice string that takes 2d12 plus one other die (d6.d8.d10.d12, or d20) and keeps only the best 2 dice?

What game system?
How do you decide when to use the additional dice and what size to use?
The OpenLegend game system uses something similar but it uses d20s and multiple extra dice and they explode...

DMReckless
December 4th, 2018, 11:47
It's an unpublished game system called Factor12. Ideally, each skill would have an option for straight 2d12 and then the more complicated roll, and rolling 24 on the 2d12 would also trigger rolling the extra die once and adding it to the 24 total. Being able to "slot" the Competency (extra) die into the skill on the player side would be good, but as long as the formula at least did the 2d12+1d#+#, take best 2, the other stuff could be figured out in game.

Has openlegend been coded for morecore? I could look at that maybe. I was working a bit with altering rolled last night, but haven't been able to test it out.

Edit: and rolling 2 on the 2d12 would also trigger the Competency die, with another 1 indicating a "deuce"(fumble).

DMReckless
December 5th, 2018, 01:57
Working with rolld, I've been able to get it to roll the extra type die and keep the top two. Gotta figure out how to add in a modifier now.

damned
December 5th, 2018, 02:03
Working with rolld, I've been able to get it to roll the extra type die and keep the top two. Gotta figure out how to add in a modifier now.

Very good.
Have a search in the \scripts folder for nMod and see how to call it, save it and clear it.

DMReckless
December 5th, 2018, 05:24
Darned frustrating, trying to find nMod strings among all that other stuff, hours later, going to bed with no luck.

---
--- Initialization
---
local sCmd = "factwelve";

-- MoreCore v0.60
function onInit()
CustomDiceManager.add_roll_type(sCmd, performAction, onLanded, true, "all");
end

function onInit()
Comm.registerSlashHandler("factwelve", processRoll);
GameSystem.actions["factwelve"] = { bUseModStack = true };
ActionsManager.registerModHandler("factwelve", onMod)
ActionsManager.registerResultHandler("factwelve", onRoll);

-- send launch message
local msg = {sender = "", font = "emotefont"};
msg.text = "Factor12 Dice loaded. Type \"/factwelve ?\" for usage.";
ChatManager.registerLaunchMessage(msg);
end

---
--- This is the function that is called when the factwelve slash command is called.
--- The default value for sParams is equal to "2d12+1d4+0 1"
---
function processRoll(sCommand, sParams)
if not sParams or sParams == "" then
sParams = "2d12+1d4+0 1";
end

if sParams == "?" or string.lower(sParams) == "help" then
createHelpMessage();
else
local rRoll = createRoll(sParams);
ActionsManager.roll(nil, nil, rRoll);
end
end

---
--- This function creates the roll object based on the parameters sent in
---
function createRoll(sParams)
local rRoll = {};
rRoll.sType = "factwelve";
rRoll.nMod = 0;
rRoll.sUser = User.getUsername();
rRoll.aDice = {};
rRoll.aDropped = {};

-- If no number to drop is specified, we will assume it is 1
if(not sParams:match("(%d+)d([%dF]*)+(%d+)d([%dF]*)+(%d+)%s(%d+)") and sParams:match("(%d+)d([%dF]+(%d+)d([%dF]*)+(%d+)+)")) then
sParams = sParams .. " 1"
end

-- Now we check that we have a properly formatted parameter, or we set the sDesc for the roll with a message.
if not sParams:match("(%d+)d([%dF]*)+(%d+)d([%dF]*)+(%d+)%s(%d+)") then
rRoll.sDesc = "Parameters not in correct format. Should be in the format of \"2d12+#d#+# #\"";
return rRoll;
end

local sNum, sSize, tNum, tSize, aMod, sDrop = sParams:match("(%d+)d([%dF]+)+(%d+)d([%dF]*)+(%d+)%s(%d+)");
local count = tonumber(sNum);
local comp = tonumber(tNum);
local drop = tonumber(sDrop);

if (drop > count + comp) then
rRoll.sDesc = "You cannot drop more results than the number of dice being rolled.";
return rRoll;
end

while count > 0 do
table.insert(rRoll.aDice, "d" .. sSize);

-- For d100 rolls, we also need to add a d10 dice for the ones place
if sSize == "100" then
table.insert(rRoll.aDice, "d10");
end
count = count - 1;
end

while comp > 0 do
table.insert(rRoll.aDice, "d" .. tSize);

if sSize == "100" then
end
comp = comp - 1;
end

rRoll.nDrop = drop;

return rRoll;
end

---
--- This function first sorts the dice rolls in ascending order, then it splits
--- the dice results into kept and dropped dice, and stores them as rRoll.aDice
--- and rRoll.aDropped.
---
function dropDiceResults(rRoll)
if #(rRoll.aDice) < 2 then return rRoll end
local len = #(rRoll.aDice) or 0;
local drop = tonumber(rRoll.nDrop) or 0;
local dropped = {};
local kept = {};

table.sort(rRoll.aDice, function(a,b) return a.result < b.result end);
local count = 1;
while count <= len do
if count <= drop then
table.insert(dropped, rRoll.aDice[count]);
else
table.insert(kept, rRoll.aDice[count]);
end

count = count + 1;
end
rRoll.aDice = kept;
rRoll.aDropped = dropped;
return rRoll;
end

---
--- This function creates a chat message that displays the results.
---
function createChatMessage(rSource, rRoll)
local rMessage = ActionsManager.createActionMessage(rSource, rRoll);
if #(rRoll.aDice) > 0 then
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "[KEPT]";
for _,v in ipairs(rRoll.aDice) do
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. " " .. v.result;
end
end
if #(rRoll.aDice) > 0 and #(rRoll.aDropped) > 0 then
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "\n";
end
if #(rRoll.aDropped) > 0 then
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "[DROPPED]";
for _,v in ipairs(rRoll.aDropped) do
end
end

return rMessage;
end

---
--- This function creates the help text message for output.
---
function createHelpMessage()
local rMessage = ChatManager.createBaseMessage(nil, nil);
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "The \"/factwelve\" command is used to roll a set of dice, removing a number of the lowest results.\n";
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "You can specify the number of dice to roll, the type of dice, and the number of results to be dropped ";
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "by supplying the \"/factwelve\" command with parameters in the format of \"#d#+#d#+# #\".";
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "If no parameters are supplied, the default parameters of \"2d12+1d4+0 1\" are used.";
Comm.deliverChatMessage(rMessage);
end

---
--- This is the callback that gets triggered after the roll is completed.
---
function onRoll(rSource, rTarget, rRoll)
rRoll = dropDiceResults(rRoll);
rMessage = createChatMessage(rSource, rRoll);
rMessage.type = "dice";
end

damned
December 5th, 2018, 12:39
I will have a look tomorrow.
What are some valid dice test strings - with different sized dice?

DMReckless
December 5th, 2018, 14:38
/factwelve 2d12+1d4+1 1
/factwelve 2d12+1d8+4 1
Really, anything in that setup works (except for the mod) like
/factwelve 3d6+2d8+1 2
will drop the lowest 2 dice but won't add in the 1 mod.

I'm also having a problem getting it to work as a macro inside the MoreCore character sheet, but that's probably a function of having to set up "factwelve" withe the sheet scripts?

damned
December 5th, 2018, 18:42
https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html#newrolls

DMReckless
December 6th, 2018, 02:15
thanks. followed that, but getting script error:

Script Error: [string "common/scripts/morecore_rolls/lua"]:80: attempt to concatenate 'sParams' (a nil value}

Yapadekoi
December 6th, 2018, 20:13
Hi !
First thanks for this great "rule pak";
We use it to play hackmaster and it work ok.

However since last update as a GM i have encounter a little problem: I can't open the Old character selection screen ?
Now, instead i've got a scrolling list who looks exactly like the NPC list. (no portrait of the character only their name).
I can open Character sheet from this list but I cannot "own" them, export or import them. Only the create and erase option are available when right clicking in this list.
For Player who join a game the "old" character selction screen open once at the beginning and if they close it we didn't find a way to open it again.
I guess there is a new function that i'm not aware of.

Thanks for the pak anyway it's great !

Andraax
December 6th, 2018, 20:18
However since last update as a GM i have encounter a little problem: I can't open the Old character selection screen ?
Now, instead i've got a scrolling list who looks exactly like the NPC list. (no portrait of the character only their name).

Are you on the test channel instead of live?

damned
December 6th, 2018, 21:43
Yep - this is an issue on Test - it is fixed in my current build but it wont be ready for release until closer to the 18th.
PM me if you need it.

Yapadekoi
December 6th, 2018, 21:49
Thank you soo much, I was indeed on the dev channel.

BlaineCraner
December 6th, 2018, 22:20
Hello!
Thanks for this ruleset. It might be exactly what I need... tho I admit I am getting a bit lost trying to find a way to customize it specifically for Mythras (also known as Runequest 6). Is there an example somewhere on how to adjust the ruleset to work with Mythras? I would need elements that are very similar to what we have in the BRP ruleset (for skills, attributes, per body part wounds and d100 dice rolls). I can't use BRP itself as it seems really buggy and BRP has some crucial differences that would get in the way.

I'm also not skilled in coding, so I can't really write anything myself. Any way to help with this?

damned
December 6th, 2018, 22:38
Welcome BlaineCraner

Start with this video - nothing to do with Mithras - the concepts are all there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkWJ7RBcq1g

And this link for the existing rolls:
https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html#dicestrings

But personally I think you should put aside your preconceptions about coding and other such stuff and you should watch the whole playlist and see how far you get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54PSYMXmyvs&list=PLsgd1zJLdiKW23yt4X2qc_9w1TWQfTPUA

ShotGun Jolly
December 8th, 2018, 13:00
I have just noticed a glitch. When ever I drag a NPC to the combat tracker I get the following errors.

Script Error: [string "scripts/parameter_manager.lua"]:5: attempt to index a nil value
Script Error: [string "scripts/parameter_manager.lua"]:5: attempt to index a nil value
Runtime Notice: s' fights on.'
Database Notice: Campaign saved.
Database Notice: Campaign saved.

Its weird, I only just noticed now, as I am prepping for my first game since the last update.

Andraax
December 8th, 2018, 13:08
I have just noticed a glitch. When ever I drag a NPC to the combat tracker I get the following errors.

Its weird, I only just noticed now, as I am prepping for my first game since the last update.

Since last update? You haven't played in months? Or are you on the test channel instead of live? You shouldn't run your games on test...

ShotGun Jolly
December 8th, 2018, 13:21
Well, I figured it out, its a pain in the buttocks tho...

It appears, any NPC prior to the parameter patch needs to take any "roll" that is already on the NPC sheet and enable the Formula.. you can then disable it. But then you can drag and drop the NPC to the CT with out any further issues. 150+ NPCS! to fix now.. lol. but you need to do it to each NPC "roll" thats on the character sheet.

ShotGun Jolly
December 8th, 2018, 13:25
Since last update? You haven't played in months? Or are you on the test channel instead of live? You shouldn't run your games on test...
???????

damned
December 8th, 2018, 14:15
Well, I figured it out, its a pain in the buttocks tho...

It appears, any NPC prior to the parameter patch needs to take any "roll" that is already on the NPC sheet and enable the Formula.. you can then disable it. But then you can drag and drop the NPC to the CT with out any further issues. 150+ NPCS! to fix now.. lol. but you need to do it to each NPC "roll" thats on the character sheet.

Have a look at what changes in the db.xml when you update one NPC.
Then exit FG and see if you can do a mass find/replace to fix it...

Backup first!

ShotGun Jolly
December 8th, 2018, 14:21
Have a look at what changes in the db.xml when you update one NPC.
Then exit FG and see if you can do a mass find/replace to fix it...

Backup first!

Yeah.. I tried that. I was hoping that would work too. I was able to change the 0 to a 1, or the 1 to the 0. Thing is, its the same problem. What ever the reason, as far as I can tell is you need to change it in Fantasy Grounds for it to recognize the "0" or "1" value.

Hurske
December 8th, 2018, 17:39
Maaan, I keep forgetting that I need to update Morecore myself, im kicking myself in the head. Anywho, I love what I am seeing now.

I do have a question though, is there a way to possibly hide the formula of a roll once the page itself is locked?

ShotGun Jolly
December 8th, 2018, 23:03
Hey Damned,

My fix above is only temporary. If I export my files into a module, and then add NPCs to the combat tracker I get the same problem again.

mcortez
December 8th, 2018, 23:31
I'll try and dig into this during the week.

damned
December 9th, 2018, 02:14
Shotgun - do you have Parametised Rolls in the 2nd Rolls field?
I think this doesnt occur if those Rolls are all in the 1st Field?

ShotGun Jolly
December 9th, 2018, 05:39
Shotgun - do you have Parametised Rolls in the 2nd Rolls field?
I think this doesnt occur if those Rolls are all in the 1st Field?

Not sure I understand your question... sorry. :confused:

Valyar
December 16th, 2018, 11:22
I have a problem with the modifiers for /modskill by mcortez and /conan rolls. Probably I am not doing it right -when I add modifier before roll, it always adds to the total value rather than an additional die. /crom on the other hand adds die, rather than add to the total.

ShotGun Jolly, how do you handle the bonus dice to a skill check with MoreCore latest edition with your 3.7 extension?
I am using the /modskill string from mcortez

ShotGun Jolly
December 16th, 2018, 13:50
Thats odd,

The orginal /conan dice string worked. Add a 1, and it rolls an additional die. When mcortez came out with the new rolls with the parameters. It did not have that option.

Instead of re working all of my /conan dice strings in my module with the new parameters string, I made my own /conan string to my extension which over rights the morecore version and replaced it with the new modified dice strings. The thing is, the parameters code did do this, so I had to add that command to it when I bolted it into my own.

I also made an extension, and posted it in this thread and it contains the modified conan string with parameters and modifier box support. Just scroll back up to my last few posts. I would add it to this post, but im not at my pc.

I asked damned to add the modifier box support to the new Conan code to Morecore, but where my extension overwrites it, i cant tell.

BlaineCraner
December 16th, 2018, 14:29
OK. So I've given a bit of the stuff here a try... and I'm unfortunately completely confused with the coding. :(
It's not a case of "what do you not understand", as I can only say "all of it". XML, LUA... it's too much to learn just so I can maybe play an RPG and I don't have the hours in the day to learn it (heck, just look how long it took me to reply here again). It's just too much work and I'm not getting the guarantee I will be able to automate it correctly.

What I was thinking of was BRP_ruleset-like functionality that fits more precisely towards Mythras. Roll20 has a character sheet (https://i.imgur.com/ybV75wG.png) that works perfectly in this regard, but I don't think I will be ever capable of recreating this in a reasonable time frame.

I don't know even if I should ask for help, as I feel I will only waste you guys time with my drivel.

damned
December 16th, 2018, 14:35
If you spell out exactly how and what the rolls should do and what things you need on the character sheet I may do it for you...

dragonheels
December 17th, 2018, 07:13
Just a suggestion, but that could be useful.
Would it be possible to have a zone, or tab on the sheet wher one could enter 'attributes' but with no roll. Just a checkbox?

Valyar
December 17th, 2018, 08:14
Thats odd,

The orginal /conan dice string worked. Add a 1, and it rolls an additional die. When mcortez came out with the new rolls with the parameters. It did not have that option.

Instead of re working all of my /conan dice strings in my module with the new parameters string, I made my own /conan string to my extension which over rights the morecore version and replaced it with the new modified dice strings. The thing is, the parameters code did do this, so I had to add that command to it when I bolted it into my own.

I also made an extension, and posted it in this thread and it contains the modified conan string with parameters and modifier box support. Just scroll back up to my last few posts. I would add it to this post, but im not at my pc.

I asked damned to add the modifier box support to the new Conan code to Morecore, but where my extension overwrites it, i cant tell.
I re-packed your extension, as it was not visible due to folder structure inside. Still, I have varying results and I decided to park my experiments to move my Conan campaign to MoreCore latest + various mods for the modskill rolls. I will keep using the MoreCoreOld (lol) + my version of Ogedei+Yours extension until something in CoreRPG breaks them completely. If it works - don't change it is my motto to save time and sanity.

damned
December 17th, 2018, 08:37
Just a suggestion, but that could be useful.
Would it be possible to have a zone, or tab on the sheet wher one could enter 'attributes' but with no roll. Just a checkbox?

More info required please
If you create a roll without a command then it will just say something like: Dragonheels uses Strength

dragonheels
December 17th, 2018, 08:59
It is to follow some "equipment" or things you can only use once until it can be refreshed after a period. A bit like a spell. But it woul be just a tracking
In the system Fate, it could also be a way to follow the stress.

damned
December 17th, 2018, 11:06
The previous Spells incarnation pretty much allowed you to do that or something similar
It had:
Editable Name (max#)[cur#) and when you double clicked on cur# it said Dragonheels casts lvl3 Spell and decremented the number by 1.
Is something like that what you are after or something else?\

mcortez
December 17th, 2018, 16:28
I have a problem with the modifiers for /modskill by mcortez and /conan rolls. Probably I am not doing it right -when I add modifier before roll, it always adds to the total value rather than an additional die. /crom on the other hand adds die, rather than add to the total.

ShotGun Jolly, how do you handle the bonus dice to a skill check with MoreCore latest edition with your 3.7 extension?
I am using the /modskill string from mcortez

Valyar,

As Jolly noted there was an oversight when I set up the parameterized rolls, and gave damned the code for the /modskill roll. Jolly posted an extension that can be used until I get Damned updated code for /modskill

With Life™ and the holidays getting in the way, I haven't circled back to this to get it fixed yet and tge changes sent to Damned. Hopefully Soon™

ShotGun Jolly
December 18th, 2018, 05:18
Valyar,

As Jolly noted there was an oversight when I set up the parameterized rolls, and gave damned the code for the /modskill roll. Jolly posted an extension that can be used until I get Damned updated code for /modskill

With Life™ and the holidays getting in the way, I haven't circled back to this to get it fixed yet and tge changes sent to Damned. Hopefully Soon™

The extension that i posted, is actually mcortez's /modskill dice string with /conan substituted in and the short string that adds the module box add dice feature.

Valyar
December 18th, 2018, 07:32
The extension that i posted, is actually mcortez's /modskill dice string with /conan substituted in and the short string that adds the module box add dice feature.
This is where something goes wrong. I did clean "install" of MoreCore, Conan Theme 3.7 and your hack that replaces the /modskill. When rolling /conan it actually reports incorrect parameters as error (expecting the old #d#x#y). Removing the small hack and leaving MoreCore + Conan Theme 3.7 is fine, as it takes the mod and adds extra dice correctly.

What I realize is that your fix might be BEFORE you released 3.7 which explain why I have this issue. All is good now I think. :D

damned
December 18th, 2018, 07:38
someone needs to give me the correct files and correct usage as Im going to be uploading 1.49 in the next couple f days because there is a few (small) things that break with 3.3.7 (being CoreRPG and Engine updates - not me mistyping the conan ver#)

dragonheels
December 18th, 2018, 07:56
The previous Spells incarnation pretty much allowed you to do that or something similar
It had:
Editable Name (max#)[cur#) and when you double clicked on cur# it said Dragonheels casts lvl3 Spell and decremented the number by 1.
Is something like that what you are after or something else?\

It is something like that, but 'reversed'. Those 'stress' squares are used to soak damages.
You have 3 gauge : Credit, mental, physical, and even system for Conscient ships. (We play Mindjammer)
For each gauge, the first square can soak 1 damage. The second square, 2, the third, 3 and so on.
If you get 1 point physical damage, you check the 1st square. If this square is already checked, you must the use the second one as if you 'got 2 points damages' then.
At the end of a conflict, you unchecked the boxes.
If you have no place left during a conflict, then you get a consequence, which is a special negative aspect that can be invoked against you.

For now, I get by so :

When I have to 'check' a box, I just enter the value '1'...

Valyar
December 18th, 2018, 08:02
For the /conan rolls:

The skill’s Target Number (TN) is equal to the attribute for that skill, plus any ranks in Expertise the character possesses for that skill.
Each die that rolls equal to or less than that skill’s Target Number scores a single success.
Furthermore, the character’s ranks of Focus in that skill create the possibility to score extra successes: each d20 result equal to or less than the character’s Focus for that skill scores two successes instead of one.
However, under no circumstances is a character allowed to use more than three bonus d20s on a skill test.
Rolling 20 causes Complication
​It is possible to attempt a skill test using a skill with which the character has no ranks in Expertise or Focus. These skill tests are referred to as untrained tests. Complication for each 19 or 20 rolled on any d20 in an untrained test, as opposed to only on a roll of 20 as normal.

The latest working /conan roll is from Jolly's 3.7 extension as it takes into account the modifiers. I will leave Jolly to send you the files, I don't want to hack and send something incorrect.

ShotGun Jolly
December 18th, 2018, 19:01
This is where something goes wrong. I did clean "install" of MoreCore, Conan Theme 3.7 and your hack that replaces the /modskill. When rolling /conan it actually reports incorrect parameters as error (expecting the old #d#x#y). Removing the small hack and leaving MoreCore + Conan Theme 3.7 is fine, as it takes the mod and adds extra dice correctly.

What I realize is that your fix might be BEFORE you released 3.7 which explain why I have this issue. All is good now I think. :D

No, I did it after.. What you are experiencing was the same issue I had after, as the actual dice strings for them linked attributes still need to be manually updated.

damned
December 18th, 2018, 20:36
Guys - I will need the actual files please.

damned
December 18th, 2018, 20:47
Also anyone that cant wait for 148 - games pending etc...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ln4nnk6wppf7waq/MoreCore.pak?dl=0
Its still WiP not everything works...

ShotGun Jolly
December 19th, 2018, 00:26
Guys - I will need the actual files please.

What actual file are you talking about Damned? I do not have a problem with any of the dice rollers as they currently are.

damned
December 19th, 2018, 01:33
But the correct rolls are in the extension and not in the ruleset.
They should be in the ruleset.

ShotGun Jolly
December 19th, 2018, 05:32
Oh,

sorry I understand now..

Here is the https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset&p=414719&viewfull=1#post414719

Valyar
December 19th, 2018, 09:58
I found a bug in the ruleset:

Dice pool is never disabled despite what the Options say. The tray just disappears, but the ability to put dice and roll them is there.

damned
December 19th, 2018, 12:49
I think this is because some of the Rolls that are being loaded in the ruleset reference the dicepool...

Yapadekoi
December 19th, 2018, 15:01
thanks you ! i was indeed impatient to install it !!

Jedrious
December 19th, 2018, 21:49
Receiving the following error when creating a new roll in the library that uses the new parameters functionality

damned
December 19th, 2018, 21:56
Jedrious try the beta build on the prev page - a new version will go up in the next day or so.

Jedrious
December 19th, 2018, 22:02
Okay, now for the next question, is there any way that would could have more of the Roll panels like what are in the MoreCore tab, unfortunately the sections in the MoreData tab don't allow for parameters or roll buttons when you drag rolls onto them

damned
December 19th, 2018, 23:00
Okay, now for the next question, is there any way that would could have more of the Roll panels like what are in the MoreCore tab, unfortunately the sections in the MoreData tab don't allow for parameters or roll buttons when you drag rolls onto them

You will need to write an extension to do that.
There are 6 Roll Panels already and you can make the character sheet longer and if you have more Rolls than fit on the visible screen a scroll bar appears.
What game system are you playing?

Jedrious
December 19th, 2018, 23:02
You will need to write an extension to do that.
There are 6 Roll Panels already and you can make the character sheet longer and if you have more Rolls than fit on the visible screen a scroll bar appears.
What game system are you playing?

Palladium, I'm trying to get the skills organized

December 21st, 2018, 03:14
I'm trying to get a HeroSystem game going so I thought I'd try out MoreCore and I don't understand what /ckill is doing:

In the 6th edition Champion rules a killing attack would be xd6 * a 1/2d6 (or d3) for the stun

example from the 6th ED rules:

For example, suppose an RKA 3d6
rolls 3 + 4 + 5 = 12. That’s 12 BODY damage. Then
you roll ½d6 for the STUN Multiplier. If it comes
up 3, the attack does 36 STUN (3 x 12)

When it do a /ckill 3d6 in a power on the MoreCore character sheet its giving me:
5,1,3 and then a red 6 and reports the following:

[Aces]1[Sixes]0
[Body Damage]2
[Stun Damage]10

What is going on? Am I completely miss-understanding what this Die type is doing? Am I using the die string completely wrong? Or is the morecore_damed_ckill.lua script not right?

Thanks for you time and patience.

damned
December 21st, 2018, 04:20
Hey Pulley (I thought I had lost you there!)

I have never played any Champions and am completely unfamiliar with its rules.
I built out the existing rolls some time ago (maybe 2 years ago) based on the info that supplied to me.
Many times I have had rolls explained to me incorrectly.
In addition rolls often vary between editions - and as you point out you are expecting 6E and these could be 5E (Im not sure).

Im happy to work with you and try to improve the rolls but -
I will need very precise information about how they work and I will need corroboration from another person that your way is more correct than the current way :)

I hope that all makes sense.

PS I stopped doing Champions stuff at this time also as another community member was building out quite an awesome MoreCore extension for Champions with all sorts of improvements. Unfortunately he dropped out of the scene before delivering the extension.

December 21st, 2018, 05:22
Oh I'm well aware of the other effort to do a champions rule-set its been in the works for what 6 or 7 years now? But I've given up hope that it will ever see the light of day... I've seen it and it looks amazing so I hope I'm wrong and it gets released soon but... That's why I turned to your work. So I have tracked down the problem to morecore_damed_ckill.lua. basically it looks like when you did the code for STUN damage (\cstun) you then made a copy of the script and turned it into BODY damage (\ckill). Perfectly understandable. However while calculating BODY damage from a STUN roll is a little complex --And you have done this correctly in the cstun.lua script---

BODY damage is the straight forward result of the number of dice rolled in the /ckill #d6. Then the STUN for a BODY attack is calculated by either a 1d6 (4th,5th edition champions) or a 1/2d6 in 6th edition multiplier of the sum of the BODY damage. Basically you're still applying the logic for determining BODY damage from A STUN attack in the script for pure BODY damage and it's borking things up. Give me till after the holiday here (and i few more days to figure out the script) and I'll send you a patch that you can review and have others look at.

December 21st, 2018, 05:45
Can't see the forest for the trees... I got thinking and unless you're going to flesh out MoreCore to fully support all the ways BODY damage can generate STUN damage.( I'm sure neither of us has time for that massive task) There is no reason for /ckill at all. Just roll #d6 and that's the BODY damage.. For what I need to do i don't need a dice script at all. Sorry for all the noise on this.

damned
December 21st, 2018, 08:12
Can't see the forest for the trees... I got thinking and unless you're going to flesh out MoreCore to fully support all the ways BODY damage can generate STUN damage.( I'm sure neither of us has time for that massive task) There is no reason for /ckill at all. Just roll #d6 and that's the BODY damage.. For what I need to do i don't need a dice script at all. Sorry for all the noise on this.

Noise is good if its heading in the right direction.
I would love to see an exported Character sheet when you get it working to a level you are happy with.

damned
December 23rd, 2018, 14:06
DMReckless Ive added factwelve to MoreCore.
You had gone a little astray in the MoreCore specific way of setting up the roll.
The modifiers was pretty much this line:

rRoll.nMod = 1;

damned
December 23rd, 2018, 14:08
Dave and Shadelon the myinit is fixed in the almost ready 1.48

damned
December 23rd, 2018, 14:16
Uploading 1.48 now.
No instructions as yet - ran outta time - its 1am - some instructions tomorrow if I can sneak them into work time.
See post #1.

Dave
December 23rd, 2018, 14:25
Thanks!

damned
December 23rd, 2018, 22:03
My apologies good people - uploaded a fubar'd ruleset there.
New version uploaded.

DMReckless
December 24th, 2018, 03:28
Thanks for the fix, damned.

The mod should = 0 instead of 1 but that was an easy fix.

The +# (labeled a.Mod in the params) before the drop number still doesn't do anything, but the MOD box works with the rolls, so I've eliminated that function in the roll formula (no sense having to type useless data). If someone could figure out how to make that work it would help with skills in F12, but the current function as fixed by damned will work in the meantime.

Edit: example of what I need:
/factwelve 2d12+1d10+12 1
Would roll 2d12 and 1d10 keeping the best 2 dice and then add 12 to those two dice.

What I've changed it to:
/factwelve 2d12+1d10 1
with a 12 in the MOD box.
This gives me the result I need, but requires filling in the MOD box each time. Being able to plug the roll into skill rolls would allow each skill to have a proper roll.

--
-- Please see the license.html file included with this distribution for
-- attribution and copyright information.
--

local sCmd = "factwelve";

-- MoreCore v0.60
function onInit()
CustomDiceManager.add_roll_type(sCmd, performAction, onLanded, true, "all");
end

function performAction(draginfo, rActor, sParams)
Debug.console("performAction: ", draginfo, rActor, sParams);
if not sParams or sParams == "" then
sParams = "2d12+1d4 1";
end

if sParams == "?" or string.lower(sParams) == "help" then
createHelpMessage();
else
local rRoll = createRoll(sParams);
ActionsManager.performAction(draginfo, rActor, rRoll);
end

end

function onLanded(rSource, rTarget, rRoll)
Debug.console("onLanded: ", rSource, rTarget, rRoll);
rMessage.type = "dice";
end

---
--- This function creates the roll object based on the parameters sent in
---
function createRoll(sParams)
local rRoll = {};
rRoll.sType = sCmd;
rRoll.nMod = 0;
--- rRoll.sUser = User.getUsername();
rRoll.aDice = {};
rRoll.aDropped = {};

local nStart, nEnd, sDicePattern, sDescriptionParam = string.find(sParams, "([^%s]+)%s*(.*)");
rRoll.sDesc = sDescriptionParam;

if(not sParams:match("(%d+)d([%dF]*)+(%d+)d([%dF]*)%s(%d+)") and sParams:match("(%d+)d([%dF]+(%d+)d([%dF]*)+)")) then
sParams = sParams .. " 1"
end

-- Now we check that we have a properly formatted parameter, or we set the sDesc for the roll with a message.
if not sParams:match("(%d+)d([%dF]*)+(%d+)d([%dF]*)%s(%d+)") then
rRoll.sDesc = "Parameters not in correct format. Should be in the format of \"2d12+#d# #\"";
return rRoll;
end

local sNum, sSize, tNum, tSize, sDrop = sParams:match("(%d+)d([%dF]+)+(%d+)d([%dF]*)%s(%d+)");
local count = tonumber(sNum);
local comp = tonumber(tNum);
local drop = tonumber(sDrop);

if (drop > count) then
rRoll.sDesc = "You cannot drop more results than the number of dice being rolled.";
return rRoll;
end

while count > 0 do
table.insert(rRoll.aDice, "d" .. sSize);

if sSize == "100" then
end
count = count - 1;
end

while comp > 0 do
table.insert(rRoll.aDice, "d" .. tSize);

if sSize == "100" then
end
comp = comp - 1;
end

rRoll.nDrop = drop;

return rRoll;
end

---
--- This function first sorts the dice rolls in ascending order, then it splits
--- the dice results into kept and dropped dice, and stores them as rRoll.aDice
--- and rRoll.aDropped.
---
function dropDiceResults(rRoll)
if #(rRoll.aDice) < 2 then return rRoll end
local len = #(rRoll.aDice) or 0;
local drop = tonumber(rRoll.nDrop) or 0;
local dropped = {};
local kept = {};

table.sort(rRoll.aDice, function(a,b) return a.result < b.result end);
local count = 1;
while count <= len do
if count <= drop then
table.insert(dropped, rRoll.aDice[count]);
else
table.insert(kept, rRoll.aDice[count]);
end

count = count + 1;
end
rRoll.aDice = kept;
rRoll.aDropped = dropped;
return rRoll;
end
---
--- This function creates a chat message that displays the results.
---
function createChatMessage(rSource, rRoll)
if #(rRoll.aDice) > 0 then
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "[KEPT]";
for _,v in ipairs(rRoll.aDice) do
end
end
if #(rRoll.aDice) > 0 and #(rRoll.aDropped) > 0 then
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "\n";
end
if #(rRoll.aDropped) > 0 then
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "[DROPPED]";
for _,v in ipairs(rRoll.aDropped) do
end
end

return rMessage;
end

---
--- This function creates the help text message for output.
---
function createHelpMessage()
local rMessage = ChatManager.createBaseMessage(nil, nil);
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "The \"/factwelve\" command is used to roll a set of dice, removing a number of the lowest results.\n";
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "You can specify the number of dice to roll, the type of dice, and the number of results to be dropped ";
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "by supplying the \"/factwelve\" command with parameters in the format of \"#d#+#d# #\".";
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "If no parameters are supplied, the default parameters of \"2d12+1d4 1\" are used.";
end

---
--- This is the callback that gets triggered after the roll is completed.
---
function onRoll(rSource, rTarget, rRoll)
rMessage.type = "dice";
end

damned
December 25th, 2018, 02:48
DMReckless have a look at this one.

/factwelve 1d#+#

You always roll 2d12 and you always roll one extra dice and you always only keep 2 dice.
So always just insert 2d12 and also insert one more variable sided dice and pass a mod.

local sNum, sSize, aMod = sParams:match("(%d+)d([%dF]*)+(%d+)");
local nSize = tonumber(sSize);

Debug.console("sNum, sSize, aMod, nSize: ", sNum, sSize, aMod, nSize);

rRoll.aDice = {"d12","d12","d" .. nSize};
Debug.console("rRoll.aDice: ", rRoll.aDice);

Collect the Modifier Stack

local sModDesc, nMod = ModifierStack.getStack(true);

Sort the Dice Biggest to Smallest

table.sort(rRoll.aDice, function(a,b) return a.result > b.result end);

Collect the first two dice results

local nResult1 = rRoll.aDice[1].result;
local nResult2 = rRoll.aDice[2].result;

Do some math

nResult = rRoll.aDice[1].result+rRoll.aDice[2].result+rRoll.aMod+rRoll.nMod;

Build the message

rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. ", " .. rRoll.sModDesc;
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "\n[Kept] " .. rRoll.nResult1 .. " " .. rRoll.nResult2;
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "\n[Modifiers] " .. rRoll.aMod .. " " .. rRoll.nMod .. "\n";
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "[Total] " .. rRoll.nResult;

And I also added some code to replace the generated SUM with the derived Result so you can drag and drop the results.

Make it even better by combining it with Parametrised Rolls!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25698

DMReckless
December 25th, 2018, 18:45
Thanks, that works as I need it to. (One exception: the MOD box is being doubled; I was able to fix this by changing the initial "roll.nMod = 0" to "eatroll.nMod = nMod" and the second from "roll.nMod = nMod" to "roll.nMod = 0"; now it only populates the mod collector on the initiation instead of twice.)

Great work! Thanks again.

graziano.girelli
December 25th, 2018, 22:47
Wow!!! Grat job Damned.
The new magic system you adopted is absolutely perfect. I wait the online help to understand how to use spell library, since it's changed, but still right now it's exactly what my group need.
Thanks again for your great job.

damned
December 25th, 2018, 23:29
DMReckless please share the whole file for me and Ill update the base ruleset.

graziano.girelli fantastic - Im glad it is working for you. The Spells Library is unfortunately likely to be removed at some point in the near future as I think the current spell trackers are generally the more useful method. Spells can be added as Rolls still where appropriate. I am still open to additional feedback. I will get the doco updated soon.

I know your system is in Italian but Id love it if you guys could upload a FG Mod and some exported characters for others to try!

DMReckless
December 26th, 2018, 01:19
Here you are....

shadelon
December 26th, 2018, 05:56
@damned It isn't fixed. It's still doing the same thing as before.

Valyar
December 26th, 2018, 09:58
Thanks for the update damned. It has interesting additions to the ruleset :)

Some things I would like clarified

The attacks frame on MoreCore tab, the string recognition adds to the Dice Pool only. Can it be configured to roll, rather than add (like in CoreRPG)?
The new Trackers library ... it seems that now it can be used to implement something like the "clocks" from the Blade of Darkness rpg to countdown to an event. But can it be shared or displayed outside of the "MoreData" tabs for a specific character? How can I show global clocks for example? (I know there is old extension somewhere, but the question is if I can do something with MoreCore only) Can those trackers be visible in the CT?
In the notes section of MoreData - when player creates a note, it does not appear in the general Notes library as expected. This makes it non shareable. Is this intentional?
When story entry is created in the lower left box in MoreData sheet, the only editable thing is the Title. The windows type is also different compared to the one created in the Story library. I presume the idea here is to drag shared story entry from Story library for reference, not for the players to write their own stuffs?
Implementation of the Data frames in MoreData - those are just text fields (looking strange)? What is the rationale behind them not looking like the "Notes" frame for example in the Notes tab for example. Can they contain other data types from various libraries?
The new Spell frames in MoreData tab... they now accept only Trackers as data type... when I drag existing spell it converts to some Tracker wiping whatever is moved there from the Library. Is this the intention of the new boxes?

Bugs:

Tooltips should be updated - some state to enter headers for rolls while the frames no longer contain such capability (Story,Notes,Images)
In CT the "Rolls" category when expanded still overlaps with everything else
The /conan roll is still not working... The old format is there and to use it properly have to put extensions.
The /crom roll still demands a string after the dices, rendering error if nothing is supplied from the chat's command. Players often roll via the chat for things that are ad-hoc, rather than making rolls in the character sheet or shortcuts for commands.

damned
December 26th, 2018, 11:11
Hola Valyar thanks for your feedback and input

1. Untick the Dicepool to send it as normal.
2. It is not intended for use as Clocks... it is currently only in the MoreData tab. Am thinking of making a shareable panel for those - could be used for things like Doom/Momentum too then...? Trackers are currently trackers - and notifiers to chat - only. You can also Shift+Click to increment and add +1 to Modifiers. That is the only current functionality. Video coming soon...
3. Content created in a char sheet exists only in a charsheet. Content created elsewhere and copied to the sheet is linked for the refdata stuff (images, story, refmanual, notes) and copied for all other stuff (rolls - but this is same behavior for weapons, items, spells etc in other rulesets)
4. Yes that is correct. It is for the player to save important things that have been shared with them. Players cant edit Stories.
5. Currently just Formatted Text field. Write stuff there, drag stuff there, more freeform. Maybe replaced with something specific in the future? Not sure at this stage.
6. I asked several times for input and feedback on spells since before 1.47 and received very little. It was very difficult to work out something useful and generic for spells. Some spells are hand waving and some are too complex for FG. Others are just damage or healing. These are all pretty much covered by Rolls except for tracking their usage. Decided to pare spells back to Tracking usage only. ill get the video done... Spells are basically redundant... have left the interface for now but its orphaned...

Bug Reports
1. Thanks - if you can provide more specific info it will help...
2. Yes - Im having trouble with this anchoring... I wouldnt mind a new set of eyes on the code...
3. I requested the correct info several times and would really appreciate the correct version of the file if possible...
4. Rolls are according to the Help File only meant to be used in Rolls. The Roll does expect a Description (or name when used as a Roll)

Valyar
December 26th, 2018, 13:11
Thanks for the clarifications! :)

For the trackers - I think if there is way to add them to the combat tracker and be visible to everyone, this will address the "Clocks" for Blade of Darkness. If you make share-able panels with visuals as in the extension, will be great. Two birds one stone.
For the two spell panels - Currently both are accepting only Tracker and you can't drag the Spell datatype from the library as it converts. I think the best here is to actually make the left panel accepting Spells and the right Trackers. Or accept both types and leave the user to decide what to place where. Aside from that I agree that it is hard to make format suitable for every possible spell. I like what you have currently - one line for dice string if needed and free form text for the spell description.

In regards to the bugs I reported:

Will summarize the tooltips that are to be modified accordingly. Same for the anchoring in the CT. Will do some code hunting after the holidays :)
I think as there are already use cases that do not want to use Roll from CT and directly from the chat, this to be adjusted. Makes sense for me, but might be too much work if a lot of things are coded.
I will try to sort out the /conan roll for the next release.

damned
December 26th, 2018, 14:23
Quick overview of 1.48 features here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeLixY9VLEM

Players cannot see other players attacks, rolls etc in the CT
Players cannot see NPCs attacks, rolls etc in the CT
I dont think Trackers belong in the CT

The previous Spell incarnation didnt add anything really that Rolls didnt do. Ill see what other feedback I get before making any final decisions...

Thanks Valyar

graziano.girelli
December 26th, 2018, 21:49
Regarding the spell and and power panels in MoreData, i think the best option is convert them in click and drag from "rolls" panel. Since spells are various and can provide damage, heal, modifier or just description, i use rolls to store all spells.
If you can drag the rolls, exactly as we do in panels in MoreCore tab, it should be perfect and anyone can put there all kind of stuff he needs.
The spell management panel in MoreData is simply perfect. People who use spell point can fill the first column with spell level, and second column with spell lelvel's cost. If people use x spell per level, in the first column put spell level, and in the second number of spells available for that level.
Simple, elegant and really useful.

shadelon
December 27th, 2018, 00:00
Yeah as i said in pm, the trackers is simply useless to me and terribly inconvenient now because my system uses spell points, not spells per day. Make it a toggle or something but having it to it auto converts to trackers is terribly inconvenient to me.

Honestly i hate the trackers.

graziano.girelli
December 27th, 2018, 01:23
Thanks for the video Damned. Clear and complete. I use the trackers for special powers or spells with daily (not normal spells or powers usable by characters).

graziano.girelli
December 27th, 2018, 20:36
I don't know if the problem is related to MoreCore... i ask here: the character selection screen is changed: i don't have anymore the character portrait, and i can't clear the ownership of the characters.
Also my player can't claim the characters (someone use 2 characters when a player can't join us for a session).
Do you have any suggestion?
Thanks

Valyar
December 27th, 2018, 20:40
In version 3.3.7 of FG and CoreRPG the Character Selection screen has been enhanced to have filtering. This caused an issue with rulesets not updated accordingly.

Do you run the latest version of MoreCore and do you run another extension that skins or modifies the MoreCore?

graziano.girelli
December 27th, 2018, 21:17
Last version of MoreCore. I already tried to delete and then upgrade again CoreRpg and MoreCore. I use my theme, but i changed only background image and sidebar icons,
Anyway, i try to load my campaign without theme, and the problem is still here.

Zaccheus pointed me to another thread with a problem like mine, and in the discussion they refer to dropbox correction, but there isn't the link.

Valyar
December 27th, 2018, 21:36
Weird. I downloaded MoreCore from the updated link in the first post and I don't have issues opening the character library and create/select/filter PC sheets.
Same stuff on new campaign, not loading your existing one?

graziano.girelli
December 27th, 2018, 21:38
I must try to create a new campaign and check if i have the same problem.

Solved!!!
the problem was generated by the extension "Field filters for all libraries".
I update this extension and now everything work normally.

I'm sorry to bother you with this "non" problem. Thanks for your help!!!

dragonheels
January 2nd, 2019, 17:00
Hello,

First of all, a happy new year to all of you!
I encounter a problem when trying to use a formula with parameters.
How does the 'formula' with parameter work ?
I'd like to use one parameter (p1) named 'Niveau'
And the formula is : 4 Fate Dice + p1
So I wrote this : /die 4dF+Niveau
I cannot make it work though

Am I doing sth wrong ?
And also, what does the field Ref field A do ?

Thanks a lot

DMReckless
January 2nd, 2019, 20:15
You need to write that as "/die 4dF+(p1)"
that will fix it for you.

When someone hovers their mouse over the slot you have for them to enter their Niveau. it will say "Niveau" and when they click the dice it will add the number they put in that box.

The field ref allows you to drag a field over to the slot and then use that as a parameter. For instance, say you have an attribute modifier that gets added into a skill, you could drag that modifier over to the a field and whenever someone changes their attribute modifier it would also change the parameter of the skill.

For example, in Factor12 I have 4 attributes each with 3 related skills. I have a p1 field for their number of ranks in that skill, a p2 field for another modifier, and the a field with the appropriate modifier dragged over for each skill.

my formula is /die 2d12+(p1)+(p2)+(a)

Whenever they change the appropriate attribute modifier, it changes the value of the "a" field for all three skills. Ranks and other modifiers are then added individually to each skill as well, but if you have 3 Physique-based skills with a +3 Physique modifier and no other Ranks or Modifiers, changing the Physique Mod box to 3 will also add 3 to all those skill rolls, ending up with /die 2d12+0+0+3. Essentially, it allows you to set a specific modier to affect multiple die rolls (and works by drag and drop).

dragonheels
January 2nd, 2019, 22:44
Thanks a lot DMReckless for the explanation.
It works perfect, that's brillant!

trobadork
January 6th, 2019, 16:32
Hi damned,

Attached is a custom roll for the fourth edition of Earthdawn. It's basically the "/explode" roll with a modification before the roll to transform a "step" (a number) into a chain of dice.

/earthdawn x (roll x in the step/action dice table)

example : "/earthdawn 8" rolls 2d6 exploding dices.

This roll change my life ^^ Can you add it in the next update ?

Thanks a lot !

damned
January 6th, 2019, 22:33
I most certainly will add that - thanks trobadork
Im working on a new release to address some issues in 1.48

trobadork
January 7th, 2019, 20:30
OK, I think the roll can be enhanced but I can't find how for now... Here is what I want to do :

https://i81.servimg.com/u/f81/15/64/03/08/ed33310.png

On the left, I've got an Attribute (Dexterity, step 7). On the right, I've got a Talent (Melee Weapons, rank 4). The Step for the Action Dice is equal to Attribute + Rank -> 7 + 4 -> 11 which is translate by the roll in 1d10+1d8.

In the Melee Weapon Talent, I drop Dexterity in Ref Field A and use it in the Formula to add it to the rank (p1). As you can see, the Dice String show "/earthdawn 4+7" but the sum isn't recognize in the script. Instead, it looks for the string "4+7" and finds nothing. I think it needs a tiny line of code to sum up the string but tonumber does not seems to be enough... Have you got an idea ?

damned
January 7th, 2019, 22:14
I will have a look at working this into the script.
It will probably mean that you will always have to supply both numbers even if one is 0.

trobadork
January 8th, 2019, 21:11
I will have a look at working this into the script.
It will probably mean that you will always have to supply both numbers even if one is 0.

Ok I find it ^^
Attached is the v2 of the /earthdawn roll. Now you can add up to 5 step/bonus in the formula ! Now you can add modifier from an object, damage... so cool :rv:

I updated the Usage message to, and add the Step in the rDesc.

Pentazer
January 8th, 2019, 21:18
So I have zero coding skills but I've been looking around on how to create attributes, attack rolls, defense, damage and such but I can't find any tutorials on how to do this. Even morecore's userguide doesn't really explain how to create an attribute. Is there a way to just "create attribute: strength" and assign it a value which morecore will interpret? The other thing I was confused about is how to create attack and defense statistics; is there a way to say (Assuming generic d20) "weapon attack is +2" and the target has an AC of 10, to roll 1d20+2 and if it's over the target's AC of ten, then when you roll damage it will inflict that damage to the target's health?

Or... does morecore expect you to to code on xml and be at least learned in how to program?

superteddy57
January 8th, 2019, 21:54
This video series gives some good information on your questions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkWJ7RBcq1g

trobadork
January 8th, 2019, 21:57
Hi Pentazer,
MoreCore has no "attribute", but "rolls". And a rolls can be an attribute ^^

Here is a way to create a "strength" roll :

-> right click on the Attributes field and Create Item.
-> click on the star on the right of the item.
-> Type "Strength" for the name ("new roll") and check Enable Formula
-> Check p2 and p3 too
-> Write in Param formula : "/die 1d20+(p1)"
-> Close the Strength roll.
-> On your Character Sheet, there's your roll, a field (0) and a button. Fill the field with your Strength bonus (2) and click on the button to roll your Strength.

There's a lot more, of course. But it's the basics.

Pentazer
January 8th, 2019, 22:05
Superteddy57, I saw that video but it didn't help, unfortunately. It seemed to expect me to already know some things that I did not :(

Trobadork, I'll give that a try when I get home. Thanks! Hopefully that's at least a place to get started. But I'm wondering if maybe I'm approaching this whole thing the wrong way? I've got a 5e campaign going already, which I have no problem running (I have the FG, MM, DMG and PHB) and it's fantastic. But I've got 2 other games I'm starting that are theater of the mind style play with a very super simplified RPG element to them. The basic coreRPG more or less does what I want for this, but my problem is none of the elements are linked. For instance if I say HP is 100 and defense is 10, I can roll an attack die and damage die but coreRPG doesn't know that the attack die has to beat the defense stat and doesn't know to subtract HP by the damage roll. Am I just.... doing this whole thing wrong?

damned
January 8th, 2019, 22:37
welcome Pentazer

MoreCore cant (without additional coding) know all of that.
Some systems require you to roll over a targets defense and some roll under it.
Some systems the defense is damage reduction and not how hard to hit.
Thus it is a manual calculation.

What other things might affect the roll?
Is the sword magical +1?
Is the player flanking the target and does that give them any bonuses?
Does the player additionally have some longsword proficiency that improves their attack roll?

Once you know the different things that will make up your most common rolls you can start to work out best how to build your rolls.

Id probably start with Attributes like this and set them as Modifiers (/mod) using the 2nd value.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25885

Maybe you have some skills like this:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25886

And (strangely I shall have to add one in) there doesnt seem to be a straight d20 attack roll so I would use something like this:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25887
Now notice that for my longsword (my primary weapon and one Im skilled with) I have added bonuses (p1) weapon bonus - maybe its masterwork or magical, (a) strength bonus - Ive dragged the 2 from my strength into field a, (b) sword master - Ive dragged the 1 from sword master into b.
For my dagger - Sword Master gives no bonus and perhaps Strength doesnt either in this system.

The Rolls might look like this:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25888

You could then - if your character had some Combat Marauder skill which gives them a +2 when fighting Orcs, click the Combat Marauder skill before clicking the Longsword roll.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25889

The GM would need to adjudicate the result - and then the attacker could roll damage or not...

damned
January 8th, 2019, 22:39
The Damage roll could use dbdamage or we may need another generic damage roll.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25890

damned
January 8th, 2019, 22:41
Superteddy57, I saw that video but it didn't help, unfortunately. It seemed to expect me to already know some things that I did not :(

Trobadork, I'll give that a try when I get home. Thanks! Hopefully that's at least a place to get started. But I'm wondering if maybe I'm approaching this whole thing the wrong way? I've got a 5e campaign going already, which I have no problem running (I have the FG, MM, DMG and PHB) and it's fantastic. But I've got 2 other games I'm starting that are theater of the mind style play with a very super simplified RPG element to them. The basic coreRPG more or less does what I want for this, but my problem is none of the elements are linked. For instance if I say HP is 100 and defense is 10, I can roll an attack die and damage die but coreRPG doesn't know that the attack die has to beat the defense stat and doesn't know to subtract HP by the damage roll. Am I just.... doing this whole thing wrong?

A generic system cannot know these things.
There are many thousands of RPG systems with different mechanics.
You can do a certain amount of this in MoreCore without coding but if you want it to calculate hits and misses etc then you need to code more specific rolls.

Pentazer
January 8th, 2019, 22:43
Oh, wow, thanks Damned, that gives me a lot to think about. Unfortunately I can't test it just right now and will have to just stew on that information until tonight. But I'll definitely be giving it a look then. Thanks guys for the responsive feedback. I'll see what I can muster, at the very least I feel more confident about it now.

shadelon
January 9th, 2019, 02:15
Any update on the broken XP manager?

damned
January 9th, 2019, 02:30
Any update on the broken XP manager?

Not as yet. Working on it.

GunnarGreybeard
January 9th, 2019, 13:41
You guys need to slow down . . . I'm having trouble just keeping up with the new stuff that's being added. jk :bandit:

damned
January 10th, 2019, 11:50
XP is fixed - ping me if you need it before 1.49 is released.

GunnarGreybeard
January 10th, 2019, 14:55
OK, so using the newest version, 1.48, and I am getting "Script Error: [string "scripts/parameter_manager.lua"]:19: attempt to index a nil value" errors as soon as I start to enter any character, even the leading '/' in the Param Formula box (but obviously only once the Enable Formula option is ticked). I have deleted the MoreCore.pak, redownloaded and started a new campaign, no extensions, etc., same thing. Anyone else seeing this?

I followed the steps in the Rolls Video and the steps outlined in trobadork's post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset&p=421613&viewfull=1#post421613).

damned
January 10th, 2019, 15:13
Hi Mate - Im afraid I cant replicate.
I am using a slightly newer version but it contains nothing that would effect this...

Its 2am (and change) here so Im not sticking around...
Make sure you have no unpacked copies of MoreCore and confirm you have no extensions...

Good luck!

GunnarGreybeard
January 10th, 2019, 15:56
It wasn't doing it in the previous version iirc so I may have mucked something up somewhere that I can't locate. I'll keep digging.

trobadork
January 10th, 2019, 21:49
Hi Gunnar !
I've got this error when I create a roll with no character sheet linked. Do you create the roll in the rolls window (button on the right) or by clicking in the character sheet ?

GunnarGreybeard
January 11th, 2019, 05:14
I've got this error when I create a roll with no character sheet linked. Do you create the roll in the rolls window (button on the right) or by clicking in the character sheet ?
IN the Rolls window, both with new rolls or when editing existing rolls (am building my library of them, about 100+).

damned
January 11th, 2019, 05:24
At this time you cannot create Rolls with parameters in Rolls Library.
This is because it links the parameters with the parent character sheet and there is no parent character sheet.

GunnarGreybeard
January 11th, 2019, 07:19
Thanks damned. Makes sense now, looking at the error message.

GunnarGreybeard
January 13th, 2019, 20:51
OK, I need someone to give this a quick look and see if the format looks correct. I think it is because it DOES shows the base skill vs a d100 roll and it pulls the Modifier which is the P1 entry that is the a1 in the final Attack string but it doesn't include it in the actual roll.

Basically, with the /harn roll, you need to roll 1d100 under the skill level (in this case 48) and that works fine, BUT I need it to also pull the Current Injury Level Modifier #2 (in this case +15) and add that to the final roll. In the final Dice String #3, it does show the full "/harn 1d100x48+15" and everything appears to be successfully linked to, but the +15 Modifier is not included in the final roll.

If I can get this to work it will some a TON of work tracking injuries, fatigue and few other things without them having to be manually applied before each roll.

@damned . . . I'm wondering if this is due the /harn roll being a 1d100 vs the rolled dice target # where is does not allow for any modifier in the base calculation????

damned
January 13th, 2019, 21:29
So two thing happening here Gunnar

The first is (as per the desc) /harn hasnt been coded to accept any command line modifiers
The second is your order is whacked - mathematically the way you are doing this you just made the roll easier by your injury level - it ought to be /harn 1d100+(a)x(p1)

However this wont work because of the first point
I will recode the roll for you.

GunnarGreybeard
January 13th, 2019, 22:06
Thanks damned. Honestly I hadn't thought about the order since I wasn't sure where the mod would try to alter the result. This string was just a test to see if the data would pull from the various fields I was trying to link to and when I saw it pull the 15 into the dice string I got stumped.:cry:

Lensman
January 18th, 2019, 07:24
Hi damned

awhile back in this thread, (posts #1075 - #1090), you updated the CoD rule-set in MoreCore to allow for changes to the world of Darkness. I wanted to post this to ask if you could add in 4 changes that came about from Vampire 5th edition. I'll post the new rules and examples below.

Hunger:

Each player character’s hunger level is tracked using (preferably), off-color ten sided dice (one dice per level of hunger). It ranges from zero (content) to five (eat anything that looks like food). Whenever a roll is made, the player replaces regular dice with hunger dice. The number of dice replaced is determined by the player's current hunger level.

Example: Charles has a hunger level of three, and his player has three off-color dice on the character sheet. When it is time to roll for a task with five dice, Charles’ player substitutes three of those dice with Charles’ hunger dice. (the total number of dice required for the roll does not change, just the type of dice and number of that specific type of dice, based on current hunger).

Of note is the fact that (if i understand the rule correctly), Hunger dice are always the first dice to be rolled. in the above example, if only two dice were needed for the roll, both would be hunger dice.

Messy critical:

Whenever you score a critical and at least one ‘10’ (‘0’) comes from a hunger dice, the character’s
true nature makes itself known. You perform the action as a "monster" would: killing someone you were trying to subdue, flashing fangs at someone you were trying to intimidate, feeding from someone you met when canvassing, etc.

Example: when perusing the archives, to find out if there have been any similar murders in the past, Paul’s player rolls two tens, one of which is on a hunger die. Engrossing himself in the archives, Paul uncovers plenty of information, but when the archivist checks up on him, Paul’s annoyance at being interrupted results in him breaking the archivist’s arm.

Bestial failure

If you fail your roll and at least one hunger die shows a ‘1’, the Hunger interferes with your action and
the Beast manifests. You cause some kind of problem for you (and probably the coterie), just like with
a messy critical, while also failing spectacularly.

If you fail to come up with something appropriate, stress increases your Hunger by one instead. \

Rouse checks

Hunger increases whenever a player fails a Rouse check, and decreases when the vampire feeds.
Rouse checks are made whenever the vampire uses its Blood, and every evening when it rises from
sleep. To make a Rouse check, simply roll one die, and if isn’t a success, the vampire’s Hunger increases by one.

Example: Paul wants a little extra on a roll to escape some hunters, and uses an ability to get an extra die. After the roll, regardless of success or failure rate, the player rolls a single die and increases Paul’s hunger by one if it shows 1-5.

Example: Juana wishes to ask the rats in an area to warn the group if someone approaches. This ability has a cost of one Rouse check, so Juana’s player rolls a single die and increases Juana’s hunger by one if it shows 1-5.

The Rouse check only determines if Hunger increases as a result. If it does, add the Hunger dice after the effect resolves.

Is there any way you could either create a new rule for these mechanics that could work in alongside your Chronicles of Darkness and/or World of Darkness rulesets that currently exist in MoreCore?

damned
January 18th, 2019, 10:31
I reckon its possible...

But... if I do this its going to take me a good few hours - which I dont mind - but Im really looking for people to help me produce stuff (layered on MoreCore preferably but not essential) where if I build something for someone they expand on it, flesh it out, produce some accompanying material etc to help others play that system too.

People love D&D but they also want to play other games too.

I cant do these systems justice because time is finite and I already spend a lot of time on this and I dont know these other systems so its very hard for me to do something more full...

So thats where Im looking for others to help share the load and spread the love...

Some folks like mcortez, superteddy57, ogedei, trenloe, shotgunjolly and ianmward (and Im sure Ive missed some others) have started building and sharing some cool stuff on top of MoreCore.

It might be an SRD Library, some pregens, a theme, a full extension, an adventure etc - anything that is ok to share copyright wise...

For example Im building a fully functional (I think) Trail of Cthulhu extension and it would be awesome if someone takes it and updates it for Gumshoe and Esoterrorists.

Sound fair? BTW not singling you out at all... just trying to work out how to get more value from these things back for everyone to use and benefit from.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26003

zarlor
January 24th, 2019, 20:32
Not sure if my search-fu is failing me or if it's just not implemented, but how would I use the Modifier value in a /rollon command? As an example, I have a table called "Godbound Damage" and might use a damage roll similar to the following (I vary the die type here depending on the type of attack, so I may need to override the default die type on the table) "/rollon Godbound Damage -d 1d10+(p1)+(a)+(b)". Where (p1) is set to a field I have for Magical or other Bonus to the roll, (a) is pulled in from the best Attribute Modifier to the roll and (b) is... well I just added that as a way to try to see if I could drag and drop the modifier field into there but that doesn't work, nor does "/rollon Godbound Damage -d 1d10+(p1)+(a)+(mod)" nor "/rollon Godbound Damage -d 1d10+(p1)+(a)+mod", just as things I tried on a lark. I should say the roll works properly it just doesn't do anything with the last field or otherwise read the modifier box for the roll. Am I using the incorrect syntax or is that just not even possible?

Also, as a feature request, would it be possible for the /followon roll to reference rolls created in the sheet instead of just in the "Rolls" section? I only ask because I'd love to be able to define a roll with fields that I do a followon with it. I can create the roll with fields from within a sheet but doing so on the "Rolls" section won't allow pulling in a field from a sheet (understandably, since those should be character agnostic). So for the above I might do something like "/followon Dual Katanas rollon Godbound Damage -d 1d10+(p1)+(a)" so if I create another roll on the sheet called "Dual Katanas" it would auto-roll the damage roll right after I made the attack roll (doesn't matter to me if the attack hits in this instance because I'm using FG at the tabletop but I can see other instances where this would be handy outside of an attack as well, it's just the example I have from what I'm working on for the moment.)

damned
January 24th, 2019, 22:24
Hi guys - I need some people who are using the Trackers on the MoreData tab to test a new build for me.
Making some changes there and Im trying to make sure they dont have any data impact.
Please reply here or PM me.
Thanks.

damned
January 24th, 2019, 22:24
Hi zarlor It doesnt work because of the Space in the Table name. Change the table to GodboundDamage and retry.
I dont really use /followon personally but it should work on Rolls in the Character sheet.
I dont know if it supports parameters... Ive not really tried it.

zarlor
January 25th, 2019, 03:22
Actually the space isn't an issue at all, the roll works just fine with it (I originally tested without the space but found it works just fine with spaces anyway, so why not use it for readability :)). The issue for me isn't that the roll doesn't work, but rather if there is any way to include the bonus from the Modifier box into a /rollon roll, is all. All of the rest of the roll works fine with parameters and all, I just couldn't work out how (or even if) there was a way to get it to include that Mod box modifier for the roll.

As for followon, I couldn't get it to recognize the name of a roll created by the name on the sheet (also tried without spaces originally). I tried creating a Roll in the Rolls section but noticed it wouldn't take parameters there so I didn't really try to use it any further than that. I just kind of assumed it was meant for rolls from there and would work, but I'll test for the heck of it tomorrow on a roll made there without parameters. I'll also try for a roll named on the sheet that isn't using parameters as well to see if it will pull a name from there in case it was the parameters that prevented it from working for some reason.

damned
January 25th, 2019, 03:31
Ok... ill answer this in bits as I test also...

/rollon is a CoreRPG thing - its features are what is in CoreRPG and if it doesnt take modifiers then it doesnt... Im not going to dive into that one - sorry.

for /followon - you are not registering the table against a specific Roll instance but rather against a specific Roll Type.

eg: /followon pbta rollon ABC Table
not /followon Hack and Slash rollon ABC Table

zarlor
January 25th, 2019, 13:11
Thanks. I'm assuming by Roll Type you mean a roll that is placed into the "Rolls" section (or, apparently, "Tables" section) which is why I was assuming that wasn't working for something on the sheet. It completely makes sense, it's just something that would be nice if it were also able to reference a roll by name from a sheet since I don't believe I can define those oh-so-useful parameters, or more specifically References, you so wonderfully give us in MoreCore to use. So awesome, BTW, since this is the first sheet I actually had a chance to play with that and it's so massively useful! In any case is followon also a CoreRPG function? If so I'll put that in as a potential feature request for that instead.

Again, thanks for all the hard work and the feedback!

damned
January 25th, 2019, 13:22
roll types are things like /pbta /harn /srun4 /gumshoe /wrath /explode etc

yes it would be a Moon Wizard thing.... i doubt it will work with a /followon though as the modifiers would be consumed by the Roll first...
if you are just using it with /rollon then do /rollon Damage Types -d 1d10+(p1)+(p2)+(p3) and put your modifiers in the P slots?

zarlor
January 25th, 2019, 17:21
Yeah, I was just hoping to be able to use things that provide, say, a "/mod +2", and apply that outside of having to add it as a p3 setting, for example. Still very doable that way, though. As for the rollon being a roll type, as you explained.... I think I see now and might be able to work with that, although there might not be enough parameters and references for me on that. ;) That's what I get for wanting to do way too much with one thing.

UltimateGM
January 25th, 2019, 19:49
Hunger dice are always rolled with the pool. In other words if you have a dexterity of 3 dots and firearms of 2 (this dice pool is assuming you are shooting a gun or other type of firearm) you would roll 5 dice. If your hunger level is 2 then two of the 5 dice you would use in your pool need to be hunger dice.

Arion
January 26th, 2019, 18:04
With the /WEG dice roll, is it possible to modify it so that the first D6 explodes, but a roll of a 1 does nothing?

Also, the /weg seems to explode all D6's rather than just the first (the wild dice)

damned
January 26th, 2019, 23:24
/weg 1d6+2d1006
/weg 1d6+2d2006
/weg 1d6+2d3006
/weg 1d6+2d4006

damned
January 27th, 2019, 00:07
Urgent - I need people who are using the new Trackers to contact me please. PM or here or discord.
I am trying to work out the best way of adding a new feature without impacting or minimising the impact to any ongoing games.

This change will affect people using the Trackers (formerly Spells).

damned
January 28th, 2019, 14:23
Version 1.49 has been uploaded.
Please note that if you were using the Dot Trackers you will have to either re-enter the data or do the following:

close FG.
Locate your campaigns db.xml and create a backup, and then to be sure - make another backup, and if you arent regularly backing up your campaigns do consider starting to...
Open the file in Notepad++ or similar and do the following:

find/replace all in file:
replace trackers1 with clilist4
replace trackers2 with clilist5

Then for each entry in trackers1 and trackers2 add the following in:

<tracker_enabled type="number">1</tracker_enabled>
anywhere between the <id-00001> and </id-00001> (for every entry so the numbers will vary)

This will upgrade your existing Trackers to the new combined Rolls/Trackers

Holler if you need help... and dont, dont, dont do this without making a backup first...

trobadork
January 28th, 2019, 17:16
Great ! Thanks a lot damned !
The description of the dice string have to be updated (sorry I should have miss something).

/earthdawn # (roll step # on the earthdawn 4th step/action dice table)

damned
January 28th, 2019, 21:31
Great ! Thanks a lot damned !
The description of the dice string have to be updated (sorry I should have miss something).

/earthdawn # (roll step # on the earthdawn 4th step/action dice table)

Many thanks. Updating now.

damned
January 30th, 2019, 11:24
Ive just uploaded a Trail of Cthulhu extension.
This should be pretty much playable out of the box.
Any issues post on that thread and Ill see what I can do

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47731-Trail-of-Cthulhu-Full-working-ruleset

GunnarGreybeard
January 31st, 2019, 03:54
So, I'm moving along past the rolls part, finally getting the hang of them and now looking at the Combat Tracker. Are the 'columns' for CT on the player's screen offset for anyone else like they are me? I've tried everything I can think of, inside FG to get the, to line up better, like they do for the GM screen.

Here is what I am seeing:

Mac77
January 31st, 2019, 04:26
Awesome. Thank you.:D

damned
January 31st, 2019, 05:10
So, I'm moving along past the rolls part, finally getting the hang of them and now looking at the Combat Tracker. Are the 'columns' for CT on the player's screen offset for anyone else like they are me? I've tried everything I can think of, inside FG to get the, to line up better, like they do for the GM screen.

Here is what I am seeing:

Yes they are offset - not intentionally - its because of the way Ive hidden columns/headers and anchoring and I never sussed out how to do it better and Ive never revisited it..

Magnimost
February 3rd, 2019, 11:01
Now that WOIN ruleset seems to be abandoned (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40532-What-s-Old-is-New/page21), I'm looking for something live which we could use to play Judge Dredd (https://www.worldsof2000adrpg.com/worlds-of-2000ad/) and other upcoming games in the 2000AD universe which all use WOIN.

WOIN uses dice pools, which are supported by MoreCore, so that should be covered. How customizable and easy are the character sheets to make? Are they modified in-game, or with XML or other coding (I'm no coder)? Can I put my own (Judge Dredd) flair to them with images and such? How about NPCs? I'm ok with minimal automation, just looking something that's supported and works.

damned
February 3rd, 2019, 11:06
If you are not going to dive into the XML then you use the character sheets as they are.
They are built for functionality rather than style.

Dont come at it from trying to replicate a paper character sheet.
First look at the mechanics of the Dice Roll.
Then look at what data you pass to the Roll and where you get that data from.

Spell it out below - in lots of detail - more detail is good - too little detail just wastes time in back and forth.

I think its too early to call WOIN abandoned.

Magnimost
February 3rd, 2019, 11:35
If you are not going to dive into the XML then you use the character sheets as they are.
They are built for functionality rather than style.

Dont come at it from trying to replicate a paper character sheet.
First look at the mechanics of the Dice Roll.
Then look at what data you pass to the Roll and where you get that data from.

Spell it out below - in lots of detail - more detail is good - too little detail just wastes time in back and forth.

Skill check is ATTRIBUTE + SKILL + EQUIPMENT, latter two optional. It is done by creating a dice pool of D6s. You take the Attribute and get the dice pool from the table below. Then with the permission of the GM the player chooses a skill which may add more dice to the pool based on the skill level, using the same table below. The max dice pool is determined by the player's Rank. Equipment may also add or subtract dice to/from the pool, also below.

GM will determine the difficulty (benchmark) of the task, and if the roll is higher it's a success.

Does that look something I could do in MoreCore? Most of it could be done with just adding dice to the pool, but some automation would be helpful.

Skill/Attribute dice pool size

Equipment modifiers

Maximum dice pools:

Benchmarks:

damned
February 3rd, 2019, 12:18
So without creating anything specific for handling converting the skill to the right number of dice and for setting the max skill based on your level and a mechanism to set the challenge level...

Create your Attributes:
Dice String: /pool
Enable Formula: tick
Param Formula: /pool (p2)d6
Hide Parameter: untick, untick, tick
p1 Name: Skill
p2 Name: Dice

Then on the sheet enter your Skill in the first red box. Enter the # of Dice that adds up to in the second red box.

Create your Equipment:
Dice String: /pool
Enable Formula: tick
Param Formula: /pool (p1)d6
Hide Parameter: untick, tick, tick
p1 Name: Quality

Then on the sheet enter the Quality in the first red box.

Create your Challenge Roll:
Dice String: /rollpool

To use - click Attribute, click Equipment - player will need to manually check they do not add too many dice (if you want this it will require coding). Then click Challenge Roll.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26202

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26203

Magnimost
February 3rd, 2019, 21:38
Thanks for this, very helpful example on how to do that! I'll take a closer look at in detail later.

damned
February 5th, 2019, 07:09
Ive just uploaded a new build of the Trail of Cthulhu extension.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47731-Trail-of-Cthulhu-Full-working-ruleset

Give it a whirl and let me know.
There is a glitch in the current /gumshoe roll in MoreCore right now.
I hope to upload a new MoreCore build this weekend with some additional generic combat rolls that take AC into effect and also allow player rolls to apply damage to targets.

damned
February 5th, 2019, 13:01
Ive just uploaded a new Open legend RPG extension for MoreCore.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47811-Open-Legend-RPG-extension-for-MoreCore

Give it a whirl and let me know.
It needs some additional work but Im at the limits of my knowledge of this system.
Some code assist from sauyon and thwright!

osarusan
February 6th, 2019, 00:10
Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, so I'm sorry if this is hijacking, but I have a request/issue for MoreCore regarding exploding dice.

When I use /edie 1d4, it rolls 1d4 and explodes into a second d4. However, I think we need to be able to customize the exploding dice a little further, for a few reasons:

1) In Hackmaster, exploding dice explode to the die-1. That is, 1d4 explodes to 1d4-1. That way you get a range of all integers with an exploding d4. The way it currently works, it's impossible to actually get a 4. You can get a 1-3, 5-7, 9-11, etc. You can't get any multiples of 4 because those all explode. If the second/third/etc. dice were all 1d4-1, you could hit every integer that way. I know not all games work this way, so it would be nice if we could customize the exact formula of the explosion.

2) It would be nice to limit the number of explosions. Sometimes we only want to allow one or two explosions per roll.

3) Sometimes we want to explode with a different die than what we rolled. In Hackmaster, a d20 explodes into a d6-1, rather than a second d20.

4) It would be awesome if there were a way to incorporate exploding dice on the character sheet. For example, I want my weapon to be something like Warhammer edie 1d4. Typing Warhammer 1d4 creates a clickable object on the character sheet, but there doesn't seem to be a way to create a clickable object using an exploding die.

Thanks! I hope that makes sense.

damned
February 6th, 2019, 01:07
Hi osarusan

Im afraid that the Hackmaster dice are an abomination in my view.
Ive spent many hours working on them without a solid result.

Id strongly suggest you use the /explode Roll over /edie as it has more options.

I may revisit Hackmaster again in the future but right now Im using my 10' pole to keep it away from me.

osarusan
February 6th, 2019, 14:11
I'll take a look at the /explode roll. Thanks for the tip!

chillybilly
February 7th, 2019, 18:23
Does the Wrath & Glory dice mechanic still work? I've downloaded the 1.49 20190128 version and when I type into chat /wrath 4d6 (or anything like that) I get an error:

Script Error [string"scripts/manager_custom_wrath.lua"]:142: attempt to concatenate field 'sWrathResult' (a nil value)

damned
February 7th, 2019, 23:46
Rolls are meant to be used as Rolls.
They are not meant for typing in the chat.
If you want to type it in the Chat you also have to provide a Description.

Is there a reason you want to type in Chat?
Rolls make everything easier and faster.

Ive just tested all the wrath rolls and I may have broken this one... Im investigating.

chillybilly
February 7th, 2019, 23:55
I just tried is as a roll. I put /wrath 3d6 in the Moves section on the first character sheet page, I get the very snazzy wrath icon that you click to roll and get the same error.

It could be me, I am potato when it comes to computers. But I've triple check I have the right version and that I'm inputting it correctly. Does it have something to do with me downloading the version from the first page at the original thread? I noticed that I download the pak, put it in rulesets but when I go to create a new campaign, it actually says it's using version 1.48. However, once the campaign loads, it says v 1.49.

Note: After unpacking and looking at the scripts folder, I see a wrath lua so I doubt it's a version thing. I also downloaded the wrath and glory character sheets someone made and tried the rolls from it with the same error. Please don't take me reporting this bug as criticism though (not that I think you are)! Morecore is an AMAZING ruleset that has given me and my friends countless nights of entertainment!

damned
February 8th, 2019, 00:10
Somewhere it got borked...
Im attaching a replacement file - it needs to go into the /scripts folder https://sydneyit-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/damian_sydneyit_net/EdnvG1-c5itDmxivvmingAwBk8Q_rLG-uWDfsd1ZVn3r5g?e=TpQjML
I will hopefully be uploading a new MoreCore build at the end of the weekend and this will be patched in the base then.

chillybilly
February 8th, 2019, 01:01
Holy cow, talk about rapid response! Thank you very much. I'm also secretly relieved that it wasn't me making some stupid mistake in FG. Looking forward to the next build!

damned
February 11th, 2019, 11:42
Ive uploaded v1.50 - it contains some fixes for a couple of Rolls plus added some new Rolls that interact with the Target in the Combat Tracker.

/attackac #d#+#xH or /attackac #d#+#xL will roll #d#+# and compare to the Defense value of the Target either Equal or Higher xH or Equal or Lower xL
/damageroll #d#+# will roll #d#+# and apply that damage to the targets Wounds
/damagedr #d#+# will roll #d#+# and apply that damage to the targets Wounds less the targets Defense value

damned
February 11th, 2019, 12:41
Something new Im working on....

https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26283

Jason_Sunday
February 12th, 2019, 22:45
I am working on a Morecore Fanasy Age character sheet. I have run into a problem Armor in Fantasy Age works like damage reduction. Is there any way to do DR in Morecore?

damned
February 12th, 2019, 22:54
I am working on a Morecore Fanasy Age character sheet. I have run into a problem Armor in Fantasy Age works like damage reduction. Is there any way to do DR in Morecore?

See the post 2 above yours.
Please do share your results when you are happy with the sheets.

Jason_Sunday
February 12th, 2019, 23:02
I will! Thank you!

Jason_Sunday
February 12th, 2019, 23:05
See the post 2 above yours.
Please do share your results when you are happy with the sheets.

So Fantasy Age uses Defense for DnD style AC and uses Armor for Damage Reduction. How would the formula apply if I created an Armor Value?

damned
February 12th, 2019, 23:24
So Fantasy Age uses Defense for DnD style AC and uses Armor for Damage Reduction. How would the formula apply if I created an Armor Value?

This is the challenge with building generic stuff to handle specific setups.
In some systems Defense (whatever its called) makes you harder to hit and in others it reduces damage.
In some systems you have both.
The Gumshoe systems have a Hit Threshold (AC and Ive used the Defense field for this) and Armor (DR). Ive used C4 (the default display name in MoreCore) which is fieldfour in the database.
So you could compare the function createChatMessage and function applyDamage in both manager_custom_damagedr.lua and manager_custom_gsdamage.lua to see the field name change.

Have a look at the Trail of Cthulhu extension to see it in action.

Does that make sense? Does it help?

I may include a new Roll in the next build

/damagedr4 #d#+# will roll #d#+# and apply that damage to the targets Wounds less the targets C4 value

Jason_Sunday
February 13th, 2019, 20:39
This is the challenge with building generic stuff to handle specific setups.
In some systems Defense (whatever its called) makes you harder to hit and in others it reduces damage.
In some systems you have both.
The Gumshoe systems have a Hit Threshold (AC and Ive used the Defense field for this) and Armor (DR). Ive used C4 (the default display name in MoreCore) which is fieldfour in the database.
So you could compare the function createChatMessage and function applyDamage in both manager_custom_damagedr.lua and manager_custom_gsdamage.lua to see the field name change.

Have a look at the Trail of Cthulhu extension to see it in action.

Does that make sense? Does it help?

I may include a new Roll in the next build

/damagedr4 #d#+# will roll #d#+# and apply that damage to the targets Wounds less the targets C4 value

That makes sense. I haven't gotten into the code at all. I have just been using the sheet as is for now. I am a developer so coding isn't a foreign concept for me but I haven't taken the time to learn Lua. Depending on my time, I may look into coding it for my sheet. If not, I can wait.

irishrelief
February 25th, 2019, 00:58
Not sure if anyone else has noticed, or if this has been previously brought up, but when I turn the dice pool off the box disappears but the function of it remains. I mean that I can still drag dice to the area it should be and they will add to the pool as if it was there.

damned
February 25th, 2019, 01:13
Not sure if anyone else has noticed, or if this has been previously brought up, but when I turn the dice pool off the box disappears but the function of it remains. I mean that I can still drag dice to the area it should be and they will add to the pool as if it was there.

It has been reported but I havent had a chance to look into further.
What are you using MoreCore to play?

irishrelief
February 25th, 2019, 01:25
It has been reported but I havent had a chance to look into further.
What are you using MoreCore to play?

I was trying to set up the Judge Dredd and the Worlds of 2000ad setting which is an offshoot of WOIN. I'm thinking that I probably should just figure out how to make a module for NEW that I can skin to 2000ad for my guys. I'm apparently not educated enough to just make my own dice and go from there, it's been a pain and none of the videos have gotten through my head.

damned
February 25th, 2019, 01:56
I think that using WOIN/NEW would be the best way to start...
I havent made any WOIN rolls for MoreCore as there is already the ruleset.

osarusan
February 25th, 2019, 08:36
I've been playing with MoreCore trying to get something to work with Hackmaster and I've noticed that there is a hackmaster.lua and hackmasterbs.lua file in the dice scripts area, which shocked me because I hadn't seen that on the website!

The roll /hackm looks like it's set up to replicate Hackmaster's penetrating die mechanic (1d4p means that on a roll of 4 you add an additional 1d4-1 to the die total, exploding to another 1d4-1 on each successive 4; works the same for all dice except 1d20, which explodes to a d6-1 instead of a d20-1).

So I was playing with it and I'm getting a script error every time I try to use them (probably why it wasn't published on the site).

The error is always on line 97: attempt to compare number with nil.

I'm not good enough with lua to really figure out what is causing this or how to fix it, but does anyone have any insight they could offer into what's going on?

damned
February 25th, 2019, 09:35
I may have mentioned back on post https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset&p=425124&viewfull=1#post425124 that its an abomination and NOT on my radar right now... sorry.

damned
February 25th, 2019, 13:15
Wow.
So Superteddy57 has done a ShadowRun 5E extension for MoreCore.
Now this isnt just a few graphics - this is a full working ruleset missing only the reference manual which we cant share anyway.
Check it out here and give him some rep!
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48066-Shadowrun-5e-(MoreCore-Extension)

Ive also updated the Trail of Cthulhu ruleset here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47731-Trail-of-Cthulhu-Full-working-ruleset
and the Esoterrorists ruleset here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47979-Esoterrorists-Full-Extension-Ruleset
You will find the Gumshoe SRD useful for both here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47977-Gumshoe-SRD

Diurnal Lee
March 5th, 2019, 18:56
I'm trying to break down the dice mechanic for The Shadow of Yesterday to use roll scripts that already exist in MoreCore, and I keep wanting to pass results of one roll to another. Maybe somebody here can see another way to come at it.

The dice mechanic for TSoY is:

Assemble pool of bonus dice and penalty dice from wide variety of sources. Bonus dice cancel out penalty dice one-for-one leaving a net # of bonus or penalty dice N.

Roll Ability Rank + choose 3 from (3dF + NdF) + ad hoc modifiers

with the choice between best 3 or worst 3 dice depending on whether the roll is in net bonus or net penalty.

A total below 0 results in 0.
If the subtotal before modifiers is 6 or less, then the result is capped at 6.

My thought so far is to create /mod rolls for each bonus and penalty dice source and have a roll on the sheet that just sums the modifier box to report N to chat (by rolling 0dF?). Then have the player manually plug N into either a /rolld or /rolllow roll associated with the ability of interest (how?). That would at least get a list of bonus and penalty dice sources into the chat log but doubles the number of ability rolls I'd need.

Is there a more elegant solution?

damned
March 5th, 2019, 20:31
Hey Diurnal Lee
I dont understand the 2nd and 3rd part of the roll as you have described.

Diurnal Lee
March 6th, 2019, 14:29
I'm sorry, damned. How about some examples?

So the trivial case, the basic TSoY roll, is Fate-esque:
Ability Rank + 3dF

Bonus dice and penalty dice add extra dice to the dice pool. They work kind of like advantage/disadvantage in 5e, cancelling each other out one-for-one. until you're left with some net amount of either bonus or penalty dice. On any check you make, no matter how many dice you roll, you will always only use the results of three of those dice and discard the rest. Whether the extra dice in the roll are penalty dice or bonus dice tells you whether to discard the high ones or the low ones.

Example 1:
You have one penaly dice from a Harm condition. Roll 4dF and discard the highest one dice result.

Example 2:
You have one penalty dice from Harm and one bonus dice from spending a Pool point. Before rolling, you cancel out them out one-for-one, leaving you with net 0 extra dice. Roll 3dF.

Example 3:
You have one penalty dice from Harm, one bonus dice from a Pool point, and 2 more bonus dice from using a Secret. Before rolling, the one penalty dice cancels one of the bonus dice, leaving you with a net of 2 bonus dice. Roll 5dF and discard the two lowest dice results.

Other modifiers add/subtract a flat numerical amount to the ability check result, with the caveat that the modifiers can't push the final result higher than a 6 total.

Example 4:
You have Ability Rank 4, the dice rolled sum to -1, and you have a +2 modifier from a weapon. Final result: 5

Example 5:
You have Ability Rank 4, the dice rolled sum to 1, and you have a +2 modifier from a weapon. Only part of the modifier can be applied. Final result: 6

Example 6:
You have Ability Rank 4, the dice rolled sum to 3, and you have a +2 modifier from a weapon. The modifier can't be applied at all. Final result: 7 Your character Transcends and their story comes to an end.

Does that clarify both points?

ThePatriot
March 10th, 2019, 16:29
This looks really good, but I am absolutely confused with how to do things. I tried watching the tutorial videos and match what was being shown while trying to implement WEG Star Wars in it. Any way of combining the FG Star Wars D6's character sheet with MoreCore?

Samzagas
March 11th, 2019, 02:59
Hello, can anyone with awesome coding skills help with developing rolls for Legends of the Wulin?
It works by throwing d10s in groups of 6 to 10 and then grouping the dice whose numbers match. These sets translate into numbers, where the ones digit is equal to the number on the dice, and the tens digit is equal to the amount of matching dice in the set.
For example, if you roll 7 dice and get 2, 4, 4, 4, 9, 9, 0; they become 12, 34, 29 and 10.
It is possible to remove dice from a roll and store them to be later added to a another roll.

damned
March 11th, 2019, 11:33
This looks really good, but I am absolutely confused with how to do things. I tried watching the tutorial videos and match what was being shown while trying to implement WEG Star Wars in it. Any way of combining the FG Star Wars D6's character sheet with MoreCore?

try creating a roll with the command /weg 1d6+(p1)d1006 and enabling formula and entering the total number of dice-1 in the p1 field...
let me know how that goes.

damned
March 11th, 2019, 11:34
Hello, can anyone with awesome coding skills help with developing rolls for Legends of the Wulin?
It works by throwing d10s in groups of 6 to 10 and then grouping the dice whose numbers match. These sets translate into numbers, where the ones digit is equal to the number on the dice, and the tens digit is equal to the amount of matching dice in the set.
For example, if you roll 7 dice and get 2, 4, 4, 4, 9, 9, 0; they become 12, 34, 29 and 10.
It is possible to remove dice from a roll and store them to be later added to a another roll.

Sounds like an abomination.
If you meet the game designer give him a kick in the backside!

ThePatriot
March 11th, 2019, 12:28
try creating a roll with the command /weg 1d6+(p1)d1006 and enabling formula and entering the total number of dice-1 in the p1 field...
let me know how that goes.

I'm confused. Try creating the roll using the FG Star Wars character sheet or try doing it with the MoreCore sheet?

damned
March 11th, 2019, 12:31
This is a MoreCore thread so using the MoreCore character sheet.

damned
March 11th, 2019, 12:49
Sorry - I see your question now.
Have a look at the Shadowrun 5E extension or Trail of Cthulhu extension to see some solid reworking of the MoreCore sheets to provide ruleset specific customisations.

Otherwise explain what dice rolls you need to replicate and Ill try and explain how you would set it up in MoreCore.

ThePatriot
March 11th, 2019, 13:24
Sorry - I see your question now.
Have a look at the Shadowrun 5E extension or Trail of Cthulhu extension to see some solid reworking of the MoreCore sheets to provide ruleset specific customisations.

Otherwise explain what dice rolls you need to replicate and Ill try and explain how you would set it up in MoreCore.

I want to use this character sheet (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Ruleset:_Star_Wars_d6) in MoreCore. I don't know how to do it and I have no knowledge of coding, so telling me to review something else isn't going to help me.

Hjorimir
March 11th, 2019, 17:49
Is there any way to use /damageroll to do flat damage to a target? That is, no roll, just apply X damage. Very much needed for Stars Without Number support, which as a concept for melee called "Shock" damage, which is damage you inflict on a miss, but there's no roll involved. I've tried:

/damageroll #
/damageroll +#
/damageroll 1d0+#

LordEntrails
March 11th, 2019, 18:00
Is there any way to use /damageroll to do flat damage to a target? That is, no roll, just apply X damage. Very much needed for Stars Without Number support, which as a concept for melee called "Shock" damage, which is damage you inflict on a miss, but there's no roll involved. I've tried:

/damageroll #
/damageroll +#
/damageroll 1d0+#
Can you try ?
/damageroll 1d1 + #
where # is n-1?

Hjorimir
March 11th, 2019, 18:32
Can you try ?
/damageroll 1d1 + #
where # is n-1?

That will work! Thanks, LordEntrails!

Samzagas
March 11th, 2019, 18:33
Sounds like an abomination.
If you meet the game designer give him a kick in the backside!

That was also my group's reaction when we first read the rules, but we got used to then quickly and it's now one of our favourite games.

damned
March 11th, 2019, 21:19
That was also my group's reaction when we first read the rules, but we got used to then quickly and it's now one of our favourite games.

Ill have a look at some point down the track.
There are others in front of this and I have some other projects that are taking precedence over those.

Samzagas
March 11th, 2019, 22:03
Ill have a look at some point down the track.
There are others in front of this and I have some other projects that are taking precedence over those.

I'm in no hurry, so take it easy and have a nice day. You'll get to it when you get to it.

ThePatriot
March 12th, 2019, 14:01
After being ignored three times and attacked once for asking this question with zero help I will ask it again.

I want to use this character sheet (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Ruleset:_Star_Wars_d6) in MoreCore. I don't know how to do it and I have no knowledge of coding, how do I do it?

damned
March 12th, 2019, 14:17
What is it you are asking me to do?
Are you asking me to download another ruleset.
Learn the game system.
Investigate how the ruleset works.
Maybe understand it right.
And then code it for you?

I also posted -

Andraax
March 12th, 2019, 15:14
I want to use this character sheet (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Ruleset:_Star_Wars_d6) in MoreCore. I don't know how to do it and I have no knowledge of coding, how do I do it?

You don't. If you want to convert it, you will have to learn coding and how rulesets work. Since you apparently don't want to learn it, then you will need to either a) find someone who does know to do the work for you or b) live without it.

LordEntrails
March 12th, 2019, 17:20
After being ignored three times and attacked once for asking this question with zero help I will ask it again.

You have two approaches that I can suggest:
1) Use the documentation for MoreCore to make a MC character sheet that has the fields you need similar to that sheet. Somewhere around here their are instructions or a link to how to do this. If you can't find it and no one else posts a link, let me know and I will do some Google searching to see if I can find it.

2) Learn how to code for FG. Don't start by trying to convert that character sheet. Rather I suggest you start small, on the FG-con.com website is a Decal Tutorial. Do that and make your own decal extension. I know it has nothing to do with what you want, but it will teach you a lot more than you think. Then make an extension that makes a minor change to the MC character sheet, like add a tab with a few fields laided out via different techniques. Then make a new extension that makes a new tab on the MC character sheet that is your front page as you want it. Then try to add database fields to those fields as you want them. Then start over and try to convert that charactersheet.

As mentioned, this is all stuff you can do. And people will help you learn how to do it. But it is unlikely anyone here is actually going to do the work for you. Everyone has their own pet project they are working on and are not going to put aside stuff they want themselves for something you want. But, people will help you as you learn. Just start a thread in the Workshop when you have questions. State what you want to accomplish, the problem you are having, and post your code so people can see.

Valyar
March 12th, 2019, 17:23

I purchased the 30th anniversary Star Wars reprint from FFG and if I am not mistaken, this ruleset is supporting this (or maybe the second version) of WEG's Star Wars. Because I have the books, I have intention to use either the ruleset or move it to MoreCore for few Star Wars games I have in mind. Unfortunately my work and personal schedule does not allow me to take a look at the rules and how MoreCore's Character sheet has to be changed (If necessary... I don't think there is need for such).

Magnimost
March 12th, 2019, 23:57
I've started working on Judge Dredd character sheet which is based on the WOIN system, and would need some rolls. Is this the place for them?

Attributes and Skill rolls:
/die (p2)d6 [where p2 is looked up from the Dice Pool Sizes table below]
Example: Judge damned has Attribute Strength of 7 which would yield p2 of 3, so the roll is 3d6. He also has Skill Fight of 5 which yields a p2 of 2 for a 2d6.

Dice pool sizes:

When doing an attribute check, we would need one or more of the following items:
Attribute + Skill + Equipment modifier

In example above, Judge damned is wielding a High quality dayclub which gives him an additional 1d6 to his dice pool.

So his dice pool will look like this:
Attribute 3d6 + Skill 2d6 + Equipment 1d6 = 6d6

His Grade (character level) is 5, which limits his maximum dice pool size to 5d6 as per table below, so his final dice pool is 5d6.

Ideally for each attribute check the character would be able to choose one Attribute, no or one Skill, and an optional Equipment modifier (number of 6-sided dice to be added to the pool). Finally there would be a need for additional dice to be added to the die pool for Exploits and Luck points (latter explode).

How much of this can be automated?

Maximum dice pool sizes per grade:

ThePatriot
March 13th, 2019, 15:06
What is it you are asking me to do?
Are you asking me to download another ruleset.
Learn the game system.
Investigate how the ruleset works.
Maybe understand it right.
And then code it for you?

I also posted -

I know the game system for WEG Star Wars. I used to run it all the time. I was asking how to make a similar character sheet in MoreCore because I like what MoreCore can do. The SW character sheet I linked to is an incomplete ruleset. I was asking you for help on how to code in your ruleset. The big clue was me asking, "How do I do this?" It had nothing do with what you assumed I said.

You don't. If you want to convert it, you will have to learn coding and how rulesets work. Since you apparently don't want to learn it, then you will need to either a) find someone who does know to do the work for you or b) live without it.

I never said I didn't want to learn. Can you point out exactly where I said I don't want to learn? In fact, my very first post in this thread I asked, "How do I do this?" Yeah I'm really not willing to learn. /rolls eyes

You have two approaches that I can suggest:
1) Use the documentation for MoreCore to make a MC character sheet that has the fields you need similar to that sheet. Somewhere around here their are instructions or a link to how to do this. If you can't find it and no one else posts a link, let me know and I will do some Google searching to see if I can find it.

2) Learn how to code for FG. Don't start by trying to convert that character sheet. Rather I suggest you start small, on the FG-con.com website is a Decal Tutorial. Do that and make your own decal extension. I know it has nothing to do with what you want, but it will teach you a lot more than you think. Then make an extension that makes a minor change to the MC character sheet, like add a tab with a few fields laided out via different techniques. Then make a new extension that makes a new tab on the MC character sheet that is your front page as you want it. Then try to add database fields to those fields as you want them. Then start over and try to convert that charactersheet.

As mentioned, this is all stuff you can do. And people will help you learn how to do it. But it is unlikely anyone here is actually going to do the work for you. Everyone has their own pet project they are working on and are not going to put aside stuff they want themselves for something you want. But, people will help you as you learn. Just start a thread in the Workshop when you have questions. State what you want to accomplish, the problem you are having, and post your code so people can see.

1. I stated in my first comment in this thread that the directions presented confused me and I needed help to understand it.

2. I never asked anyone to do anything for me. I asked for help on learning how to code the MoreCore ruleset to make a WEG Star Wars ruleset. Don't assume anything on what someone has said. I asked for help repeatedly and I get nothing but strawman and assumptions on what I was asking for. I asked how do I do this because the current directions posted by Damned are very unclear to making your own ruleset.

I purchased the 30th anniversary Star Wars reprint from FFG and if I am not mistaken, this ruleset is supporting this (or maybe the second version) of WEG's Star Wars. Because I have the books, I have intention to use either the ruleset or move it to MoreCore for few Star Wars games I have in mind. Unfortunately my work and personal schedule does not allow me to take a look at the rules and how MoreCore's Character sheet has to be changed (If necessary... I don't think there is need for such).

The 30th Anniversary set is 1st Ed which doesn't have the wild die. Only 2nd Ed uses the wild die.

On a separate note, if someone wants to make the character sheet for me I will be more than happy to put in all the library stuff for all the equipment, weapons, vehicles, starships, and templates for both characters and aliens.

LordEntrails
March 13th, 2019, 17:20
The Patriot, we really want to help. We really do and I sense everyone is getting a bit frustrated, yourself especially. Let's all make sure we take a step back and relax before things get negative :)

So have you decided which path you want to take? i.e. making a More Core character sheet or creating a custom character sheet extension for MoreCore? I think you want to take the second option, but I just want to verify.

If that is correct, have you made a custom decal per the tutorial? About 1/3 of the way down this link; https://www.fg-con.com/free-downloads/
Were you successful making that extension? Any questions on it?

zarlor
March 13th, 2019, 18:13
ThePatriot, I think the miscommunication here is largely that your question did consist of just "How do I do this?" and the problem is that in many ways, as can be alluded to by LordEntrails post above about creating a MoreCore sheet or a custom sheet extension, there are a whole lot of different ways to accomplish something and as such a general question about how to do it confuses everyone because they don't have a more specific question as a starting point to work from. They don't know at all what that may imply about how willing you are to learn about lua coding so some automatically just assume (apparently wrongly in your case) that maybe you just wanted someone else to do this for you. I get how frustrating it can be. The problem I see for Damned is that he's documented everything in a way that makes sense for him (and major kudos to him for that and creating MoreCore to begin with!) that a lot of people here are able to read and understand, but people all learn in different ways so that presentation isn't going to make sense to everyone. Damned did do a set of video tutorials (see this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46553-MoreCore-Coding-Tutorials)) if that helps to better explain things. Otherwise it's going to have to be a process of trying to determine how to present the information in a way that makes sense to you since the current presentations presumably doesn't (nothing wrong with that, mind you! It's certainly not a criticism.)

In essence, however, LordEntrails has had a few posts trying to help by trying to figure out your starting point, so please take advantage of that and we can hopefully get past any hard feelings on both sides and work towards something that can help you out better. (Being much of a neophyte with MoreCore as well I'm not sure how to help much myself, but I'll be happy to jump in if things are at a point where I think I can provide some useful insights.)

Hjorimir
March 13th, 2019, 18:52
Is there any way in MoreCore to add a roll to an NPCs Health? I'd love it if I could just [1d8] into that field so that when I slapped one down on the combat tracker it would roll some random hit points. Thoughts?

Hjorimir
March 13th, 2019, 20:34
In the 5e ruleset the CT doesn't show the NPCs to the Players, but in MoreCore it does (including listing the hit points and wounds of their opponents). Is there any way to disable this to only show the other PCs to the players? I can't seem to find anything under options.

EDIT: This just started working for me. Not sure how or why it wasn't working before, but I'm good now.

EDIT of EDIT: Okay, I finally understand how this works:
1) Do not toggle visibility icon on the CT to toggle visibility on the shared battlemap as that will make it also visible on the CT.
2) Use the right-click method to showing NPCs on the battlemap and leave the eyeball on the CT as hidden.

LordEntrails
March 13th, 2019, 21:33
In the 5e ruleset the CT doesn't show the NPCs to the Players, but in MoreCore it does (including listing the hit points and wounds of their opponents). Is there any way to disable this to only show the other PCs to the players? I can't seem to find anything under options.
In 5E their is an Option for the GM to set. I assume MC has a similar option. Have you checked?

Hjorimir
March 13th, 2019, 21:43
In 5E their is an Option for the GM to set. I assume MC has a similar option. Have you checked?

I'm looking all over the place, but I cannot seem to find anything to help.

EDIT: Worked this out.

LordEntrails
March 13th, 2019, 21:50
Wait, sorry, so in 5E their is an "eye" icon that indicates if a NPC is visible or set to mask sensitive for the players. Sorry, no option. I don't have a recent MC version loaded, is their a visibility indicator on the CT?

Hjorimir
March 13th, 2019, 22:05
Yes, there's visibility, but if I toggle it to off (i.e. hidden), the token likewise is hidden on the shared battlemap. The goal would be to see tokens that can be used to target and such on the battlemap, but have the CT entries hidden from the player's view.

LordEntrails
March 13th, 2019, 22:08
Yes, there's visibility, but if I toggle it to off (i.e. hidden), the token likewise is hidden on the shared battlemap. The goal would be to see tokens that can be used to target and such on the battlemap, but have the CT entries hidden from the player's view.
Not sure. The only other thing that might help is identification. Can you mark an NPC entry unidentified? I don't know of anyway to completely hide the visibility of an CT entry and still have the token visible. Maybe one of the MC gurus knows something.

Hjorimir
March 13th, 2019, 22:39
I've noticed that I can mark a NPC as unidentified in the encounter, but once I add it to the CT, it shows with the regular name. On the battlemap, the token will show as unidentified creature (and I don't even see a way to toggle that to identified once appropriate).

Hjorimir
March 13th, 2019, 23:00
There appears to be a bug with Tracker rolls on NPCs. If I have an NPC with a tracker and add them to the CT, I get the following error:

Script Error: [string "scripts/parameter_manager.lua"]5: attempt to index a nil value (x3)

If I open and close the roll details of the Tracker prior to adding them to the CT, I don't get the error.

Also, if I try to use the tracker (i.e. double-click the second box to use one charge) without first opening and closing the roll, I get this error:

Script Error: [string "trackersname"]:1: attempt to index a nil value

As I write this, I have the same problems with Tracker rolls on the Character Sheets. I need to open and close them before use.

I'm not doing anything fancy with my Tracker rolls. They simply have a name, the checkbox for Enable Tracker marked, and a Max Number entered (e.g. 10).

ThePatriot
March 14th, 2019, 02:51
The Patriot, we really want to help. We really do and I sense everyone is getting a bit frustrated, yourself especially. Let's all make sure we take a step back and relax before things get negative :)

So have you decided which path you want to take? i.e. making a More Core character sheet or creating a custom character sheet extension for MoreCore? I think you want to take the second option, but I just want to verify.

If that is correct, have you made a custom decal per the tutorial? About 1/3 of the way down this link; https://www.fg-con.com/free-downloads/
Were you successful making that extension? Any questions on it?

I want to make a WEG Star Wars D6 character sheet in MoreCore. I want it to look like the one in the WEG Star Wars d6 ruleset I linked to. How many of you actually looked at what I linked to? None, so the entire miscommunication is on you all. I was very clear from the get go on what I wanted to do. It is y'alls failure to review what I wanted to do in MoreCore. Not my fault that you failed to download the WEG Star Wars D6 ruleset to see that character sheet.

When I first asked and explained the problem it was due to Damned's terrible tutorials. He didn't show any of the details nor explained if he was making his character sheet from scratch or modifying the one that comes in the MoreCore.pak. He didn't show where any of the files go and he expects me to understand this? His tutorials need to be redone to clarify how to do things for the novice. That's why he created them I presume. I came here to get help from him because he created the ruleset. I get attacked for asking how to put in a character sheet for the WEG Star Wars D6 game and people claiming I don't want to do the work. If I didn't want to do the work then I wouldn't have been putting in over a 1,000 pages of equipment, alien species, spaceships, vehicles, weapons, etc (https://d6holocron.com/downloads/rancorpit.html)... from WEG/SAGA Star Wars into FG. See all those conversion books in the link by Rancor Pit? Yeah, I'm putting them into FG.

I'm not an idiot. If I can code a complete RPG in Unity using the Ogre RPG system using their clear and concise tutorials I can make a character sheet in FG. I certainly didn't have a problem in making a WEG Star Wars sheet in CoreRPG after viewing that tutorial either. Downside of the CoreRPG is no wild die that WEG Star Wars 2E uses. The problem is with the terrible tutorials and the terrible attitude of the creator. To think, in the decade I've had FG I have never been treated as terribly as I have in this thread. I came in asking for help and this is how I'm treated. Is the rest of the FG community like this? If it is then I might as well tell my players for my upcoming game to go back to Roll20.

LordEntrails
March 14th, 2019, 04:18
I want to make a WEG Star Wars D6 character sheet in MoreCore. I want it to look like the one in the WEG Star Wars d6 ruleset I linked to. How many of you actually looked at what I linked to? None, so the entire miscommunication is on you all. I was very clear from the get go on what I wanted to do. It is y'alls failure to review what I wanted to do in MoreCore. Not my fault that you failed to download the WEG Star Wars D6 ruleset to see that character sheet.

When I first asked and explained the problem it was due to Damned's terrible tutorials. He didn't show any of the details nor explained if he was making his character sheet from scratch or modifying the one that comes in the MoreCore.pak. He didn't show where any of the files go and he expects me to understand this? His tutorials need to be redone to clarify how to do things for the novice. That's why he created them I presume. I came here to get help from him because he created the ruleset. I get attacked for asking how to put in a character sheet for the WEG Star Wars D6 game and people claiming I don't want to do the work. If I didn't want to do the work then I wouldn't have been putting in over a 1,000 pages of equipment, alien species, spaceships, vehicles, weapons, etc (https://d6holocron.com/downloads/rancorpit.html)... from WEG/SAGA Star Wars into FG. See all those conversion books in the link by Rancor Pit? Yeah, I'm putting them into FG.

I'm not an idiot. If I can code a complete RPG in Unity using the Ogre RPG system using their clear and concise tutorials I can make a character sheet in FG. I certainly didn't have a problem in making a WEG Star Wars sheet in CoreRPG after viewing that tutorial either. Downside of the CoreRPG is no wild die that WEG Star Wars 2E uses. The problem is with the terrible tutorials and the terrible attitude of the creator. To think, in the decade I've had FG I have never been treated as terribly as I have in this thread. I came in asking for help and this is how I'm treated. Is the rest of the FG community like this? If it is then I might as well tell my players for my upcoming game to go back to Roll20.
Well since I apparently can't help you I will step aside. Good luck on your project and happy gaming.

Andraax
March 14th, 2019, 04:47

Since MoreCore is layered on top of CoreRPG, what you did there should mostly work with some tweaks. BTW, working with extensions to rulesets is the same regardless of ruleset - so if you've already done this type of work with CoreRPG, then the process is almost exactly the same for MoreCore.

Is it just me, or does this sound an awful lot like the guy that was banned a few months ago?

ThePatriot: "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar."

Andraax
March 14th, 2019, 04:48
If I didn't want to do the work then I wouldn't have been putting in over a 1,000 pages of equipment, alien species, spaceships, vehicles, weapons, etc (https://d6holocron.com/downloads/rancorpit.html)... from WEG/SAGA Star Wars into FG. See all those conversion books in the link by Rancor Pit? Yeah, I'm putting them into FG.

And, as a BTW, you will not be able to share this work as it is copyrighted. All the work you are doing will be for yourself only.

ThePatriot
March 14th, 2019, 05:08
Well since I apparently can't help you I will step aside. Good luck on your project and happy gaming.

It's hilarious that you asked me for more detail and I provide it then you choose not to help. What is the point of this thread then if no one will help? I will leave negative comments then on the so-called tutorial videos and how terrible they are.

Since MoreCore is layered on top of CoreRPG, what you did there should mostly work with some tweaks. BTW, working with extensions to rulesets is the same regardless of ruleset - so if you've already done this type of work with CoreRPG, then the process is almost exactly the same for MoreCore.

Is it just me, or does this sound an awful lot like the guy that was banned a few months ago?

ThePatriot: "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar."

I've never been banned. You are the one that came to me claiming that I didn't want to do any work. Seems to me that you are projecting the fact that you are using vinegar rather than honey. I asked for help in taking the character sheet from the current WEG SWG ruleset listed on the Fantasy Grounds wiki and put it into the MoreCore one.

And, as a BTW, you will not be able to share this work as it is copyrighted. All the work you are doing will be for yourself only.

Actually, you can share it as long as you don't give the stats. You can point where the information comes from. That's from FFG themselves as they have a private person doing a Star Wars character generator for their newest Star Wars games. In the character generator it always points to where to find the information, but does not actually provide it. No copyrights are broken by doing so. You literally have to own the books in order to use it.

LordEntrails
March 14th, 2019, 07:20
It's hilarious that you asked me for more detail and I provide it then you choose not to help. What is the point of this thread then if no one will help? I will leave negative comments then on the so-called tutorial videos and how terrible they are.
Myself and others have tried to help repeatedly. You have failed to respond to the questions we have asked and instead have you replied with angst filled posts claiming how no one will help you and how the freely provided tutorials that have been made at people's own expenses are terrible.

Perhaps no help has been provided to you. But it is not from a lacking of trying on our part.

Perhaps the tutorial videos are terrible. But many others have stated those same videos have been extremely helpful to them.

You are entitled to your opinion, and to express it civilly. But when you show no appreciation to others, it is unlikely people will spend their own precious time trying to help you.

ThePatriot
March 14th, 2019, 07:35
Myself and others have tried to help repeatedly. You have failed to respond to the questions we have asked and instead have you replied with angst filled posts claiming how no one will help you and how the freely provided tutorials that have been made at people's own expenses are terrible.

Perhaps no help has been provided to you. But it is not from a lacking of trying on our part.

Perhaps the tutorial videos are terrible. But many others have stated those same videos have been extremely helpful to them.

You are entitled to your opinion, and to express it civilly. But when you show no appreciation to others, it is unlikely people will spend their own precious time trying to help you.

I asked and even provided an example of what I want to do. I want a character sheet and provided the source of said sheet. I have yet to see anyone suggest how to make the sheet in MoreCore. So let me provide pictures.

I will post the rest of the character sheet in a second post.

ThePatriot
March 14th, 2019, 07:38
Part 2 of the Character Sheet

This is the character sheet I want to put into MoreCore and use MoreCore's WEG dice. The sheet automates the skills and attributes by building the dice pools. So how would I make this character sheet in MoreCore? Can I take the xml files from the existing character sheet and replace the MoreCore character sheet's xml files? Did you actually download the WEG Star Wars ruleset from the FG wiki? Answer honestly.

Moon Wizard
March 14th, 2019, 07:55
ThePatriot,

I know that "damned" is very busy with both real-life activities as well as working concurrently at a full-time job and being commissioned on side projects to complete several official FG DLC projects. So, I'm not surprised that he hasn't been as active in answering questions lately. Please remember that damned is just a community member who has been working to develop a community-based generic ruleset for use on FG, independent of his other activities. He is not being paid for any of this work on MoreCore as a community project, so obviously it takes a backseat to family and professional activities. He also is active in helping set up the community FG Con which is coming up as well.

Given that this is a community project with community-driven support which seems to not be what you expect, you might have more luck developing your own ruleset using the information in the developer guide on the wiki. That is how all of the rulesets to date have been written (including MoreCore), by using the developer guide and examples from existing rulesets. Almost all current rulesets can be unpacked into individual files to see how they were built. I always suggest to people trying to build new game systems or house rules on FG to begin with simple extensions, such as the decal extension or honor/sanity extensions, to get familiar with the process on a small scale first.

Unfortunately, there is no step-by-step method to building a ruleset, extension or even a character sheet within Fantasy Grounds outside the information on the wiki and example rulesets/extensions. It's beyond the scope of what we are able to provide as a small company at this point.

Regards,
JPG

ThePatriot
March 14th, 2019, 08:10
ThePatriot,

I know that "damned" is very busy with both real-life activities as well as working concurrently at a full-time job and being commissioned on side projects to complete several official FG DLC projects. So, I'm not surprised that he hasn't been as active in answering questions lately. Please remember that damned is just a community member who has been working to develop a community-based generic ruleset for use on FG, independent of his other activities. He is not being paid for any of this work on MoreCore as a community project, so obviously it takes a backseat to family and professional activities. He also is active in helping set up the community FG Con which is coming up as well.

Given that this is a community project with community-driven support which seems to not be what you expect, you might have more luck developing your own ruleset using the information in the developer guide on the wiki. That is how all of the rulesets to date have been written (including MoreCore), by using the developer guide and examples from existing rulesets. Almost all current rulesets can be unpacked into individual files to see how they were built. I always suggest to people trying to build new game systems or house rules on FG to begin with simple extensions, such as the decal extension or honor/sanity extensions, to get familiar with the process on a small scale first.

Unfortunately, there is no step-by-step method to building a ruleset, extension or even a character sheet within Fantasy Grounds outside the information on the wiki and example rulesets/extensions. It's beyond the scope of what we are able to provide as a small company at this point.

Regards,
JPG

I am merely asking for help in making a character sheet and I noticed that others get help for making their character sheets. I don't know why I am being ignored or being mistreated by community members. Is it because I want to use the same layout from an existing incomplete ruleset? Is it because I linked to the existing ruleset? I don't know, but I see others getting help while I am attacked and ignored. I have owned FG for almost 11 years now (March 15, 2019 with be the 11th anniversary since I bought FG Standard and 2xPlayer Copies back when they were an option). I have been exceedingly polite and never once violated the rules. Yet, I get attacked and nothing is done to those that have been attacking me. Why is this? I was told by a community member that I didn't want to do the work in response to my third post in asking for help. I was told by damned that this thread is for MoreCore only. I sent the link as a reference on what I wanted to do. Still shots cannot convey what it is I wanted to do due to the automation in the character sheet in the WEG Star Wars D6 ruleset on the wiki. Is his behavior towards me condoned by FG?

I haven't been active on the forums until now due to real life things like being homeless for the majority of the time I have owned FG. I am preparing to use it for a group of 8 people that will be buying or licensing the software. Why? Because I've always liked the product.

Can I copy and paste the existing character sheet from WEG Star Wars into the MoreCore character sheet and have it work? That's all I want to do is use that character sheet since the default MoreCore sheet is not for WEG Star Wars.