PDA

View Full Version : MoreCore Ruleset

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

TriOpticon
March 6th, 2018, 02:45
It applies to saving rolls on attributes. It is for the Tunnels & Trolls (one of my childhood systems when the first edition came out; yes, I am old). It uses 2d6.

As for mods, the way it works is you are told what level of saving roll and the target number = ((LEVEL * 5) + 15) - ATTRIBUTE. So a Level 1 LUCK roll for someone with 13 Luck would need to roll ((1*5) + 15) - 13 = 7 or higher on 2d6.

I was thinking of making a button near the modifier box for you to set the level.

damned
March 6th, 2018, 03:13
How many possible levels are there?
How many attributes?
What is the range of attribute scores?

Are there any other modifiers?
Guy has a Lucky Goblin Foot + 1 Luck?

TriOpticon
March 6th, 2018, 04:04
You're really testing my knowledge of the system. :) Thankfully I have all the books. Fortunately, it is a rather simple system which is one reason I thought I would attempt doing it in MoreCore for the experience, even if all I ever do with it is play all its solo adventures.

Technically there is no limit on levels which is why they have a formula but I have never seen over 10. I can research all my adventures to see what they have.
There are 8 attributes: Strength, Constitution, Dexterity, Speed, Luck, IQ, Wizardry and Charisma.
The range of attributes is based on 3d6 BUT race (Kindred in T&T) can change the attributes. So anywhere from 2 - 36, depending on the attribute and the race.

The lowest target number is 4 so if the formula is less than 4 just make the TN 4. A roll of 3 is an automatic failure (see Talents below) no matter the target.

For Attribute saving rolls, there are no other modifiers. You have a Current value along with the "At Full health" value for each attribute and you always use the Current value. The Lucky Goblin Foot +1 would increase his Luck attribute.

There are Talent rolls also. They are referred to as saving rolls but these would be more like a skill roll in 3.5E as they are attribute based. The target number is calculated the same way, so it does use the attribute's current value in the calculation of the target number. And then the talent would add its bonus to the die roll. The dice may also explode on doubles. So if it was a Dexterity based talent, say Archery and its value is +3 and it was a level 6 attempt and the DEX is 12 then the target is 33. 2d6 + 3. In other words this would be a heck of a shot if he made it. :) Another example: let's say the TN is 4 and he rolls 3 on 2d6. With +3 that is 6 but because he rolled 3 on the dice it is an auto failure.

i actually feel like I know the system better now thanks to this so please let me know if there are other questions.

Pepor
March 6th, 2018, 07:19
Hi damned,

Indeed the module does include descriptions from the rulebook. It'd better not to upload it then.

damned
March 6th, 2018, 14:27
You're really testing my knowledge of the system. :) Thankfully I have all the books. Fortunately, it is a rather simple system which is one reason I thought I would attempt doing it in MoreCore for the experience, even if all I ever do with it is play all its solo adventures.

Technically there is no limit on levels which is why they have a formula but I have never seen over 10. I can research all my adventures to see what they have.
There are 8 attributes: Strength, Constitution, Dexterity, Speed, Luck, IQ, Wizardry and Charisma.
The range of attributes is based on 3d6 BUT race (Kindred in T&T) can change the attributes. So anywhere from 2 - 36, depending on the attribute and the race.

The lowest target number is 4 so if the formula is less than 4 just make the TN 4. A roll of 3 is an automatic failure (see Talents below) no matter the target.

For Attribute saving rolls, there are no other modifiers. You have a Current value along with the "At Full health" value for each attribute and you always use the Current value. The Lucky Goblin Foot +1 would increase his Luck attribute.

There are Talent rolls also. They are referred to as saving rolls but these would be more like a skill roll in 3.5E as they are attribute based. The target number is calculated the same way, so it does use the attribute's current value in the calculation of the target number. And then the talent would add its bonus to the die roll. The dice may also explode on doubles. So if it was a Dexterity based talent, say Archery and its value is +3 and it was a level 6 attempt and the DEX is 12 then the target is 33. 2d6 + 3. In other words this would be a heck of a shot if he made it. :) Another example: let's say the TN is 4 and he rolls 3 on 2d6. With +3 that is 6 but because he rolled 3 on the dice it is an auto failure.

i actually feel like I know the system better now thanks to this so please let me know if there are other questions.

I dont have exploding working just yet:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22525

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22526

TriOpticon
March 6th, 2018, 18:42
Lot faster than me! :) I have not figured out how to make it explode doubles, either.

If I am reading the first image correctly, and the DEX value is 19, the formula for the first roll should be [Target 1*5+15 - 19] 1 but that would actually get set to 4 as that's the lowest target number allowed.

May I ask how it works? When you click the button to do the DEX roll is it sending a slash command? Say the roll is called /ttroll, is it grabbing the DEX and calculating the formula (resulting in 4) and doing something like /ttroll 2d6>4 ? And the handler for ttroll will do all the doubling?

Thanks, this is great to see and very helpful talking about it with someone.

damned
March 6th, 2018, 22:12
Doh!
It was early, early in the morning while I was working away at this.
I remember reading your post and thinking that is hard to pass anything at higher levels and then last night thinking hmm its not so bad!

Anyway you might see that the attributes have the /mod icon next to them so they add their value and name to the modifier box - eg /mod 19 gives me an Attribute value of 19.
The Levels are a new roll /troll in the format /troll level eg /troll 2

You click the Modifier first and instead of adding this to the dice result it uses it in the formula.

And I have fixed the formula and all my rolls are much, much harder again.

TriOpticon
March 6th, 2018, 22:22
No worries. I was up at 3:30am when reading the message so I thought it was my eyes. :) Hopefully I will have my character sheet finished this weekend and can get some feedback on it.

damned
March 6th, 2018, 23:42
Lot faster than me! :) If I am reading the first image correctly, and the DEX value is 19, the formula for the first roll should be [Target 1*5+15 - 19] 1 but that would actually get set to 4 as that's the lowest target number allowed.

Also the no Trolls and Trolls statements are just debug statements for me in checking for doubles.
In that 3rd line that prints out the Target - it doesnt do that >= 4 check at that point but I suppose it could.
It does do the check in the last line as you can see that a 1 and a 2 were rolled, it declared the Target as -14 but called it a Critical Failure.

LordEntrails
March 6th, 2018, 23:56
Also the no Trolls and Trolls statements are just debug statements for me in checking for doubles.
In that 3rd line that prints out the Target - it doesnt do that >= 4 check at that point but I suppose it could.
It does do the check in the last line as you can see that a 1 and a 2 were rolled, it declared the Target as -14 but called it a Critical Failure.
I was wondering about that. Given that normally we don't like trolls around here...

damned
March 8th, 2018, 22:22
Creating/adding your own new rolls

The first thing to do is use a roll from /scripts (as opposed to /desktop/scripts) as your base Template. Use one that is close already in usage as your template.

1. In your /scripts/manager_custom_mynewroll.lua roll set the Roll type:
local sCmd = "mynewroll";
2. Include this new script in /base.xml
<script name="CustomDiceMyNewRoll" file="scripts/manager_custom_mynewroll.lua" />
3. Create a new Button Icon for the roll and store in /graphics/icons folder
4. Define in /graphics/graphics_icons.xml
<icon name="mynewroll" file="graphics/icons/button_mynewroll.png" />
5. Setup the auto Icon definition in /campaign/template_campaign.xml
Add to the <template name="button_rolls_type"> in 3 places - 2 as mynewroll (icons and values) and 1 as MyNewRoll (tooltips).
Add to the <template name="button_rolls"> in 3 places - 2 as mynewroll (icons and values) and 1 as MyNewRoll (tooltips).
6. Add to /campaign/record_cas.xml
Add to the <string_column name="clichatcommand"> just above the elseif == nil statement
elseif sCommand == "mynewroll" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("mynewroll");
7. Add it to the /dicehelp command via /scripts/dicehelp.lua
Add it to the function createHelpMessage()

And then package up those changed files and send to me (with permission to use/include/share) so that it can be included in the next version of MoreCore and you wont have to redo your changes after the next update.

TriOpticon
March 9th, 2018, 04:08
So I am focusing on the character sheet now as I have a slight grasp on the frames, etc. Right now all I have done was change the background frame (and the desktop background which was fun learning all the pieces).

I had a question, though. I am not exactly sure where to place the attributes. On the MoreCore tab there is an Attributes frame which is editable but I am uncertain if it somehow can be linked up to the Main tab's area.

I feel like I should place them on the Main tab and then make it so the Current Values show up on the MoreCore tab...I realize how dependent I've been on designers doing all this for me...

Just happy I got this far. :)

damned
March 9th, 2018, 04:17
Awesome.
Those same nine slices are in use in the character sheet too - or they may not be some of the frames are just using an offset...
Also I dont always use all of the nine slices - particularly when I use a graphic as opposed to a background...

So MoreCore really only changes the MoreCore tab - plus I made Attributes drag and droppable and exportable in a library.
Personally - unless you need the extra room - I only use the front sheet for most of these things.
Attributes on the front sheet is just a title which can be edited (and the default can also be set to anything in your extension but defaults do not overwrite existing values) and the frame contains Rolls whereas Attributes on the Main tab are a different data type called Attributes. I extended the functionality of those only so far as to make them drag and drop and exportable. They have no mechanical value. They are in effect similar to a Roll without a dice string except that the Roll will output something useful to the Chat window.

Always make sure you are making your changes in your extension and not in the ruleset...

TriOpticon
March 9th, 2018, 07:56
So MoreCore really only changes the MoreCore tab - plus I made Attributes drag and droppable and exportable in a library.
Personally - unless you need the extra room - I only use the front sheet for most of these things.
Attributes on the front sheet is just a title which can be edited (and the default can also be set to anything in your extension but defaults do not overwrite existing values) and the frame contains Rolls whereas Attributes on the Main tab are a different data type called Attributes. I extended the functionality of those only so far as to make them drag and drop and exportable. They have no mechanical value. They are in effect similar to a Roll without a dice string except that the Roll will output something useful to the Chat window. Not sure I understand the implications of all that but I shall learn.

Always make sure you are making your changes in your extension and not in the ruleset...Yes, I am editing only my extension.

I mocked up a possible layout with everything on the MoreCore tab (except inventory). T&T does separate the attributes between Mental and Physical (more as a label/grouping than anything mechanic wise). Or, I could separate them as Current and Maximum. Then probably change it to be attribute and value, so Strength 10 in the string and people could manually change them.

Still have to figure out the combat area as T&T does combat a bit differently. I am not sure about the Attacks part as I am not familiar enough with the attack/damage strings and I haven't found anything on the wiki that seems to work.

Sorry for the rambling..Just working things out loud...

damned
March 9th, 2018, 10:12
Not sure I understand the implications of all that but I shall learn.

Basically - Attributes on the Main tab are text only and not much point in using them.
You can have text only attributes in Rolls and they will report usage if you set them up as a Roll - Eg Spock uses Navigation.

Yes, I am editing only my extension.

I mocked up a possible layout with everything on the MoreCore tab (except inventory). T&T does separate the attributes between Mental and Physical (more as a label/grouping than anything mechanic wise). Or, I could separate them as Current and Maximum. Then probably change it to be attribute and value, so Strength 10 in the string and people could manually change them.

Still have to figure out the combat area as T&T does combat a bit differently. I am not sure about the Attacks part as I am not familiar enough with the attack/damage strings and I haven't found anything on the wiki that seems to work.

You can replace the MoreCore logo with a Tunnels and Trolls one.
You might find attacks work or you might find that there is another Roll that works better.
Im still working on exploding Dice.
ianmward has been enlisted...

trobadork
March 9th, 2018, 21:19
Hi damned,

When I use /edie it seems that the total doesn't display in the chat window.

I want to roll multiple exploding dice : /edie d8+d6 for example. The two rolls explode but don't sum up. Is there a way to display the total with exploding dice ?

Thanks,

damned
March 9th, 2018, 22:11
Hi damned,

When I use /edie it seems that the total doesn't display in the chat window.

I want to roll multiple exploding dice : /edie d8+d6 for example. The two rolls explode but don't sum up. Is there a way to display the total with exploding dice ?

Thanks,

I have adjusted the behavior of the /edie roll for the next release.

TriOpticon
March 10th, 2018, 00:08
Basically - Attributes on the Main tab are text only and not much point in using them.
You can have text only attributes in Rolls and they will report usage if you set them up as a Roll - Eg Spock uses Navigation.OK, I got it now. I thought that is what you meant.

You can replace the MoreCore logo with a Tunnels and Trolls one.Yes, I will have to see if Flying Buffalo have one they don't mind me using.

You might find attacks work or you might find that there is another Roll that works better.OK, so I am trying to visualize how to use this once I think I am finished. In your earlier image 22578 you have the +/- button next to the attribute and then a Level box. So my attribute may say Charisma 9 and the Dice String will say /mod 9 (unless there is a way to read the string for a number?) so it adds the modifier to the Modifier box. And then the Level 1 dice string would be something like /troll 2d6L1 (I am guessing at how it will know what level of a roll it is). Then when they click the TT die icon (which is neat by the way) next to Level 1 it knows this is a T&T roll so it runs the code to do the doubles then sees it is level 1 and it sees the Mod box has 9 in it so it will calculate the TN (L1 = 20 - MOD) of 11. Then it will show the total dice rolled and state Success (or whatever)?

I will really have to think about the combat. T&T is very abstract as a round of combat is basically each side rolls all their weapon's attack dice, and whichever side has the highest total wins the round and causes damage (the difference between each side's total) with some damage getting through no matter who wins (a 6 counts as an auto hit). And damage caused is spread among each side's characters. Armor can take some of the damage, too. My thought would be that each character/NPC rolls their dice and then add them up manually. Or is there a way for players to put all their dice in a pool and then roll them to get the total once all players have put their dice in? We could do the difference automatically.

Im still working on exploding Dice.
ianmward has been enlisted...I really appreciate that. I was looking at the dice code and I could see how to get it to roll but I wasn't sure how to check the dice results and then roll again if they were doubles. I tell ya, not having a real-time debugger is a pain.

I really hope me taking up this thread with my thinking out loud approach is OK.

damned
March 10th, 2018, 01:09
Yes, I will have to see if Flying Buffalo have one they don't mind me using.

Almost no one will object to you using their logo in a positive manner when not attempting to pass yourself off as them or as having an official relationship.
Additionally this is the only one that still has an active trademark...
https://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4807:9xg74k.2.1

OK, so I am trying to visualize how to use this once I think I am finished. In your earlier image 22578 you have the +/- button next to the attribute and then a Level box. So my attribute may say Charisma 9 and the Dice String will say /mod 9 (unless there is a way to read the string for a number?) so it adds the modifier to the Modifier box. And then the Level 1 dice string would be something like /troll 2d6L1 (I am guessing at how it will know what level of a roll it is). Then when they click the TT die icon (which is neat by the way) next to Level 1 it knows this is a T&T roll so it runs the code to do the doubles then sees it is level 1 and it sees the Mod box has 9 in it so it will calculate the TN (L1 = 20 - MOD) of 11. Then it will show the total dice rolled and state Success (or whatever)?

[QUOTE]I will really have to think about the combat. T&T is very abstract as a round of combat is basically each side rolls all their weapon's attack dice, and whichever side has the highest total wins the round and causes damage (the difference between each side's total) with some damage getting through no matter who wins (a 6 counts as an auto hit). And damage caused is spread among each side's characters. Armor can take some of the damage, too. My thought would be that each character/NPC rolls their dice and then add them up manually. Or is there a way for players to put all their dice in a pool and then roll them to get the total once all players have put their dice in? We could do the difference automatically.

The Name String is used in the Output Message but has no mechanical value.
The Roll is what is parsed for values - yes I used /mod 1 thru /mod 10
You can use the Dice Pool to build up a pool of dice but each person maintains their own dice pool so maybe the GM could build the pool?
How can you do difference automatically? I cant see a way to do that...

I really appreciate that. I was looking at the dice code and I could see how to get it to roll but I wasn't sure how to check the dice results and then roll again if they were doubles. I tell ya, not having a real-time debugger is a pain.

I really hope me taking up this thread with my thinking out loud approach is OK.

Checking for doubles is easy... Ill send you my current build soon... I wont post it until I have exploding dice ready.

damned
March 10th, 2018, 01:40
Checking for doubles is easy... Ill send you my current build soon... I wont post it until I have exploding dice ready.

Look at the code in /orderresult which should give you some clues on comparing dice results.

Pepor
March 10th, 2018, 11:16
That would be really helpful damned. I have even tried to take into consideration "modifiers" without success.

damned
March 10th, 2018, 11:57
That would be really helpful damned. I have even tried to take into consideration "modifiers" without success.

Sorry Pepor which post is this in response to?

Pepor
March 10th, 2018, 12:01
I have adjusted the behavior of the /edie roll for the next release.

Sorry damned, to that one.

damned
March 10th, 2018, 12:06
Sorry damned, to that one.

Ahhh excellent. There is also a new /explode roll as well which is very similar.

Pepor
March 10th, 2018, 12:07
Is it already implemented or you still have to release it?

damned
March 10th, 2018, 14:05
Is it already implemented or you still have to release it?

For the moment change line 405 of morecore_ikael_dicemechanics.lua to
rMessage.dicedisplay = 1; -- display total

/explode will be in the next version which is coming very close...

Pepor
March 10th, 2018, 14:24
Thanks a lot damned!

/edie 1d10+5 it really works and it shows the total for instance, but it still doesn't add to the roll modifiers from the Modifier box. The command /edies #d#x# doesn't get modifiers either.

Anyway, it is really an improvement. Thanks again!

damned
March 11th, 2018, 00:01
/explode does support the modifier box as well.
Coming soon - once I work out the Trolls exploding dice on doubles thing...

meguido
March 11th, 2018, 00:58
hello
I use the following script (symb) for my RPG : dice 1d100 % is ok but

extract from the script symb (morecore) :

if nTotal > save then
Debug.console("Failed: ", nTotal);
sSaveResult = "Failure";
elseif nTotal <= save then
Debug.console("Success: ", nTotal);
sSaveResult = "Success";

I would like to add :
Roll 1d100 % >= 96 to 00 ------- Critical Failure
roll 1d100 % <= 01 to 05 ----------- Critical Success

damned
March 11th, 2018, 01:29
I would like to add :
Roll 1d100 % >= 96 to 00 ------- Critical Failure
roll 1d100 % <= 01 to 05 ----------- Critical Success

Hi meguido have you read this post yet: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset&p=379696&viewfull=1#post379696
I am awaiting your reply as to whether this is correct or not?

TriOpticon
March 11th, 2018, 21:30
The Name String is used in the Output Message but has no mechanical value.
The Roll is what is parsed for values - yes I used /mod 1 thru /mod 10
You can use the Dice Pool to build up a pool of dice but each person maintains their own dice pool so maybe the GM could build the pool?That is what I was thinking, too but some players like to click the button themselves. :)

How can you do difference automatically? I cant see a way to do that...Brain ahead of fingers.. I meant manually.

Look at the code in /orderresult which should give you some clues on comparing dice results.I took a look and it is helpful as I mentioned in the other thread. I have an idea how to do it but not sure what to call when you want to roll again. In onLanded I would call the code to check for doubles, say checkDoubles. I could loop through the aDice.result values and see if any match another and set a flag, bDoublesFound, if they do. Once out of the loop, check the flag, create a new rRoll (probably need to save which die and size matched) and then call performAction??

Hopefully I'll make some more progress on the character sheet design today. May change some things around and then look at changing the actual sheet so that when they click to add a character, it will show the T&T stuff.

damned
March 12th, 2018, 13:42
Here is the results of the new roll.
/mod 14 etc
/trolls 1 /trolls 2 /trolls 3 etc

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22622

You can see varying levels of difficulty and rolls 3 and 4 exploded and roll 5 was a critical failure.

Ive also changed /bane to roll red dice and /boon to roll green dice

Ive added a full set of red, green, yellow and blue dice

Ive added the /ave rolls which I need Meguido to comment on

Almost ready to load up a new version... although someone on Discord is asking about Open Legend.

TriOpticon
March 13th, 2018, 05:51
damned, it looks great! What is MANUAL ROLL? It is repeated, so I assume that means it exploded? Rolls 1, 2 and 5 did not explode. Roll 3 exploded once and roll 4 exploded 3 times?

damned
March 13th, 2018, 06:02
Manual Roll is added when you set Manual Rolling on in Options.
That way I could show you the main permutations on one screen without having to do a gazillion rolls....

TriOpticon
March 14th, 2018, 23:53
Gotcha.

Now, I am trying to change the word Abilities to Physical. I do not see it defined as a string, like RACE which I was able to change to Kindred. Is there another method to change that text?

damned
March 14th, 2018, 23:59
Its an Editable field so it is set differently.

Have a look at the City Of Mist extension. It goes something like this:

<string_useredit_bold name="cas2_label" source="cas2_label">
<anchored to="cas2" />
<default>Physical</default>
<tooltip textres="label_editable_stats" />
</string_useredit_bold>

Now note that this is a field called default. That means it will only apply your change to a new sheet that doesnt have a value assigned just yet. Once you open the Character the defaut value will be assigned. So once you make your change you will only see it in New Characters...

rstrahan
April 3rd, 2018, 06:06
/explode does support the modifier box as well.
Coming soon - once I work out the Trolls exploding dice on doubles thing...

Will this support Torg skill rolls (i.e: exploding on 10's and 20's) and bonus dice (exploding on 6 and counting it as a 5)?

damned
April 3rd, 2018, 06:09
Will this support Torg skill rolls (i.e: exploding on 10's and 20's) and bonus dice (exploding on 6 and counting it as a 5)?

Welcome rstrahan

I know that is enough detail for you to know what is happening but is about a quarter of the info that I need to know to make it happen...

rstrahan
April 3rd, 2018, 06:35
Welcome rstrahan

I know that is enough detail for you to know what is happening but is about a quarter of the info that I need to know to make it happen...

Sorry about that...I did sort of start that conversation in the middle, didn't I?

In Torg (and Torg Eternity), skill rolls use 1d20 and either explode on 20's and 10's, or only explode on 10's (depending on the type of roll). If you are familiar with the dice roller in Roll20, the string I use there is d20!10!!20 (explode on 10 or 20) or d20!10 (only explode on 10).

The Torg Eternity 'bonus die' is a d6 that explodes, but rather than a 6 counting as '6 plus re-roll', it is counted as '5 plus re-roll'. For example, A exploding bonus die that rolls 6, 6, and 4 would be totaled to 14. If it helps, the bonus die can be done in roll20 as 'penetrating' dice (exploding dice where 1 is subtracted from all the re-rolls).

damned
April 3rd, 2018, 11:18
It cant do that right now... Ill have a look into it...

damned
April 3rd, 2018, 15:33
rstrahan I probably still need more info.
When would you choose to explode on 20 and 10 or just 20?
What about modifiers? Are there any? When do they get applied? How do they modify the roll?

How do you measure success?
Is it a fixed target number?
What do you report on a failed/success/critical roll?

rstrahan
April 4th, 2018, 08:34
rstrahan I probably still need more info.
When would you choose to explode on 20 and 10 or just 20?
What about modifiers? Are there any? When do they get applied? How do they modify the roll?

How do you measure success?
Is it a fixed target number?
What do you report on a failed/success/critical roll?

Torg is a pretty odd system, which is why it can be a pain to automate some of the rolls. Here's how it works:

All action rolls (meaning anything except damage) are made using 1d20, which explodes on a 10 and is an automatic failure on a 1. If the roll is against an ability (Strength, Dexterity, Mind, Spirit, and Charisma), or if the character is skilled (meaning has at least one add in the skill), the die also explodes on 20.

The dice total can be increased by an 'Up' effect or by spending a 'possibility point' to add an additional d20 roll (spending a possibility treats the re-roll as a minimum of 10). The roll can be affected by multiples of these bonuses: a character could spend a possibility, use a card for a second bonus roll, and have an 'Up' effect for a third. And ALL of those d20's explode the same as the initial one, based on if the roll is skilled or unskilled.

Now that you have a die total, you check it against a chart (I've attached an image: 22849) to get your bonus number. Attribute + Skill Add + Bonus Number + Modifiers is your skill total. You check that against a target number (usually 10, but it can be altered for difficulty) or an opponent's skill total for opposed rolls.

There are 3 levels of success in Torg Eternity: Simple success, Good success (beating the target number by 5), and Outstanding success (beating the target number by 10). In combat, a Good success gives the character 1 Bonus Die (BD) that is added to the base damage of his attack, and an Outstanding success gives 2 Bonus Dice. A Bonus Die is a d6. On a roll of 6, the roll is treated as a 5 and the die is then re-rolled and added to the total, with 6 being counted as 5 with a re-roll. Bonus Dice are theoretically infinate, but there are limits to how much damage can be done from a single attack.

Example 1: Character 1 has Dexterity 7 and 2 adds in the Drive skill. He is starting with 9 before any dice rolls or modifiers. If he rolls a 13 on the dice (granting +1 bonus), for a Drive total of 10. If he was making a standard check, he would succeed. If the GM had decided that a rainstorm caused a -2 to his check, then the roll would fail.

Example 2: Character 1 (Dexterity 7, Stealth 2) is trying to sneak past a guard (Mind 6, Find 1). Character 1 rolls a 20, a 10, and a 5 for a die total of 35 (+10 on the Bonus Chart). The guard makes a Find roll, getting an 18 for a +5 bonus. Character 1 compares his Stealth total (7 + 2 + 10 = 19) against the guard's Find total (6 + 1 + 5 = 12), giving him a Good success (he beat the target by 5, but not 10). The GM decides that not only does the guard not notice him, but he gains surprise on the poor rent-a-cop.

I think that the bonus chart could be handled using the /rollon command with a table, but I'd like to see at least a pair of Torg rolls (unskilled and skilled) to handle the weird way dice explode, and a way to do the Bonus dice (exploding d6's that either count 6 as a 5 (rolling 6, 6, 3 = 5 + 5 + 3), or that subtract 1 from total on the rerolled dice (rolling 6, 6, 3 = 6 + 5 + 2).

Thanks for the response and interest, I know all the Torg players out there appreciate it. I can get 'close enough' in roll20 (and probably nail it if I want to use the API), but I've only just started playing around with Fantasy Grounds so haven't even begun to look 'under the hood'.

damned
April 5th, 2018, 15:49
Hola rstrahan how does this look?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22864

I dont understand how the second d20 works?
If you get a 1 on either dice is it a critical failure?
Do you add the total of both d20 + any exploding 6s?

This currently rolls 1d20 and if you get a 10 or a 20 it rolls a d6 and continues to explode on 6s.
It subtracts 1 from the dice total for each bonus dice.
It outputs the Modifier result.

If its correct Ill do a /torg10 as well.

rstrahan
April 5th, 2018, 18:26
I dont understand how the second d20 works?
If you get a 1 on either dice is it a critical failure?
Do you add the total of both d20 + any exploding 6s?

This currently rolls 1d20 and if you get a 10 or a 20 it rolls a d6 and continues to explode on 6s.
It subtracts 1 from the dice total for each bonus dice.
It outputs the Modifier result.

If its correct Ill do a /torg10 as well.

Wow...quick work!

I think I confused matters trying to explain. The D6 Bonus dice only come into affect for damage rolls. The 20 roll is pretty much a standard exploding d20, except that it always explodes on 10s and sometimes explodes on 20 also. Rolling a 1 is only an automatic failure if it's the first die roll (you also can't use resources to get an additional roll). It might be easier to just quote from the book now that I have it handy:

ATTRIBUTE & SKILL TESTS

* Roll a d20. If you roll a 10 or 20, roll again and keep adding until you roll something other than a 10 or 20. The final result is your die roll.

* Look up the die total on the Bonus Chart at the bottom of the character sheet: 22874

* Add the bonus to the skill or attribute being tested, and any circumstantial modifiers. This is your action total.

Note that modifiers never change the die roll, only the action total.

To this I would add:

* If the test is for a skill, and the character has no adds (i.e.: using it unskilled), then the character doesn't roll again if a die comes up '20'.

* A roll of '1' on the first die roll is an automatic failure on the test. This is usually a Mishap (critical failure) as well.

* A roll of 1-4 on the first die roll is a possible Mishap. The GM determines if a Mishap has occurred, depending on the circumstances (firing a weapon on full auto, being a non-native of a cosm, etc.). The character can attempt to improve the roll to succeed at the test, but if a Mishap occurred, the character must accept it.

* There are resources that allow a character to improve the die roll by granting additional d20 rolls that are added to the die roll total. These rolls also 'explode' on a roll of 10 or 20 the same as the initial die roll.

* In addition to Attribute and Skill Tests, there is another sort of die roll called 'Bonus Dice'. The character rolls 1 (or 2) d6, with a result of '6' adding 5 to the dice total and rolling again (basically, exploding d6, but the '6' only adds 5 to the roll total).

=====================================

I think all of that can be accomplished with 2 trait rolls, 2 (perhaps 4 if possibility rerolls are separated) reroll commands, and 1 Bonus Dice command:

* /torg20: A test as per the rules above. On a roll of '1', a message comes up that the test is automatically failed and is a Mishap. If the first roll comes up 2, 3, or 4 then a message comes up that the test is a possible mishap.]

* /torg10: The same as /torg20, but any result of '20' does not roll again.

* /torg20 #: This command would be used when the character triggers a mechanic that allows them to add to the die roll total. It would work the same as /torg20, but '#' is added to the final die result, and the automatic failure message would not apply if the die roll was a '1'. If the final die roll + # is 4 or less, it would still be a possible Mishap. NOTE: This may need to be 2 commands, as the most common way to get additional rolls (spending a possibility) would treat the die roll total as 10 if it was less than 10. Here's an attempt to explain it in psuedo-code:

/torg20 #:
RETURN {die roll total after explosions} + {#}

/torg20P #:
IF {die roll total after explosions} < 10
THEN RETURN 10 + {#}
ELSE RETURN {die roll total after explosions} + {#}

* /torg10 #: The same as /torg20 #, but without the rerolls on 20.

* /torgBD #: Bonus Dice roll: Roll #d6. On a roll of '6', treat it as a 5 and reroll the die, adding to the total. This repeats until a result other than '6' comes up on the die.

Hope that is clearer. I develop web-based apps for a living, but I kind of suck as a 'customer'. If it helps, I can try to provide pseudo-code examples to questions...most of my experience is with Javascript, PHP, and ColdFusion, but phrasing it using If/Then/Else and variable sets might cut through some of the confusion when I try to use my words. :D

Jedrious
April 5th, 2018, 20:07
Are there any plans on extending from DORCore instead of from CoreRPG directly? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42221-DORCore-An-Advanced-Beta-Release-Of-A-New-Ruleset

rstrahan
April 5th, 2018, 20:21
Hmm....let me give this a try. This is all pseudo-code, but I hope the intent is clear:

*** 1d20, increment on 10s ***
FUNCTION TorgRoll ()
DECLARE {rollTotal} integer;
DECLARE {dieRoll} integer;

{dieRoll} = RANDOM(1,20);
{rollTotal} = {dieRoll};

IF {dieRoll} = 1
RETURN "MISHAP: Automatic Failure";
EXIT FUNCTION
ELSE IF {dieRoll} <= 4
RETURN "POSSIBLE MISHAP";

WHILE {dieRoll} = 10
{rollTotal} = {rollTotal} + {dieRoll};
END WHILE

RETURN {rollTotal};
END FUNCTION

*** 1d20, increment on 10s and 20s ***
FUNCTION TorgRollUnskilled ()

{rollTotal} = {dieRoll};

IF {dieRoll} = 1
RETURN "MISHAP: Automatic Failure";
EXIT FUNCTION
ELSE IF {dieRoll} <= 4

WHILE {dieRoll} = 10 OR {dieRoll} = 20
END WHILE

RETURN {rollTotal}
END FUNCTION

*** 1d20, increment on 10s and 20's ***
FUNCTION TorgReroll(PARAM:{OriginalRoll} AS INTEGER, PARAM: {Min10} AS BIT)

{rollTotal} = {dieRoll};

WHILE {dieRoll} = 10 OR {dieRoll} = 20
END WHILE

IF {Min10} = TRUE AND {rollTotal} < 10 THEN
{rollTotal} = 10
END IF

{rollTotal} = {rollTotal} + {OriginalRoll};

IF {rollTotal} <= 4

RETURN {rollTotal};
END FUNCTION

*** 1d20, increment on 10s ***
FUNCTION TorgRerollUnskilled(PARAM:{OriginalRoll} AS INTEGER, PARAM: {Min10} AS BIT)

{rollTotal} = {dieRoll};

WHILE {dieRoll} = 10
END WHILE

{rollTotal} = 10
END IF

IF {rollTotal} <= 4

RETURN {rollTotal};
END FUNCTION

*** 1d6, increment on 6, treating it as a 5 ***
FUNCTION TorgBonusDie()

{dieRoll} = RANDOM(1,6);
IF {dieRoll} <> 6 THEN
{rollTotal} = {dieRoll};
ELSE
{rollTotal} = 5;
END IF

WHILE {dieRoll} = 6
{dieRoll} = RANDOM(1,6);
IF {dieRoll} <> 6 THEN
{rollTotal} = {dieRoll};
ELSE
{rollTotal} = 5;
END IF
END WHILE

RETURN {rollTotal};
END FUNCTION

COMMANDS:

/torg: calls FUNCTION TorgRoll() and displays the dice roll, bonus chart number, and any mishap notes
/torg10: calls FUNCTION TorgRollUnskilled() and displays the dice roll, bonus chart number, and any mishap notes
/torgUp n: calls FUNCTION TorgReroll(n,0) and displays the dice roll, bonus chart number, and any mishap notes
/torg10Up n: calls FUNCTION TorgRerollUnskilled(n,0) and displays the dice roll, bonus chart number, and any mishap notes
/torgP n: calls FUNCTION TorgReroll(n,1) and displays the dice roll, bonus chart number, and any mishap notes
/torg10P n: calls FUNCTION TorgRerollUnskilled(n,1) and displays the dice roll, bonus chart number, and any mishap notes
/torgBD: calls FUNCTION TorgBonusDie() and displays the dice total
/torgBD 2: calls FUNCTION TorgBonusDie() twice, adding them together and displaying the total.

rstrahan
April 5th, 2018, 21:48
Combining dice roll functions and adding some functions to describe display:

/***
/torg: Standard Torg trait roll: FUNCTION TorgRoll(1)
/torg10: Unskilled Torg trait roll: FUNCTION TorgRoll(0)
PARAMS:
Reroll20 is used to identify rolls that explode on 20's
***/
FUNCTION TorgRoll(PARAM: {Reroll20} AS BIT: Default 1)

DELARE {mishap} integer;

{rollTotal} = {dieRoll};

WHILE {dieRoll} = 10 OR ({Reroll20} = TRUE AND {dieRoll} = 20)
END WHILE

IF {rollTotal} = 1
{mishap} = 1;
ELSE IF {rollTotal} <= 4
{mishap} = 2;
ELSE
{mishap} = 0;
END IF

RETURN DisplayTorgResult({rollTotal}, {mishap});
END FUNCTION

================================================== ==========

/***
/torgUp #: Standard Torg bonus roll added to #: FUNCTION TorgReroll(#,1,0)
/torg10Up #: Unskilled Torg bonus roll added to #: FUNCTION TorgReroll(#,0,0)
/torgP #: Standard Torg bonus roll (minimum of 10) added to #: FUNCTION TorgReroll(#,1,1)
/torg10P #: Standard Torg bonus roll (minimum of 10) added to #: FUNCTION TorgReroll(#,0,1)
PARAMS:
OriginalRoll is the dice roll of the original roll.
Reroll20 is used to identify rolls that explode on 20's
Min10 indicates that a possibility was used for the roll, so it must return a minimum of 10
***/
FUNCTION TorgReroll(PARAM:{OriginalRoll} AS INTEGER: Default 0, PARAM: {Reroll20} AS BIT: Default 1, PARAM: {Min10} AS BIT: Default 1)

DELARE {mishap} integer;

{rollTotal} = {dieRoll};

WHILE {dieRoll} = 10 OR ({Reroll20} = TRUE AND {dieRoll} = 20)
END WHILE

{rollTotal} = 10
END IF

IF {rollTotal} <= 4
{mishap} = 2;
ELSE
{mishap} = 0;
END IF

RETURN DisplayTorgResult({rollTotal}, {mishap});
END FUNCTION

*** Check a provided number (die roll total) agains the Torg Bonus Chart ***
FUNCTION TorgBonusNumber(PARAM:{rollTotal} AS INTEGER)
DECLARE {bonusNumber} integer = 0;
DECLARE {tempRollTotal} integer = 0;

IF {rollTotal} = 1 THEN
{bonusNumber} = '-10';
ELSE IF {rollTotal} = 2 THEN
{bonusNumber} = '-8';
ELSE IF {rollTotal} <= 4 THEN
{bonusNumber} = '-6';
ELSE IF {rollTotal} <= 6 THEN
{bonusNumber} = '-4';
ELSE IF {rollTotal} <= 8 THEN
{bonusNumber} = '-2';
ELSE IF {rollTotal} <= 10 THEN
{bonusNumber} = '-1';
ELSE IF {rollTotal} <= 12 THEN
{bonusNumber} = '0';
ELSE IF {rollTotal} <= 14 THEN
{bonusNumber} = '1';
ELSE IF {rollTotal} <= 15 THEN
{bonusNumber} = '2';
ELSE IF {rollTotal} <= 16 THEN
{bonusNumber} = '3';
ELSE IF {rollTotal} <= 17 THEN
{bonusNumber} = '4';
ELSE IF {rollTotal} <= 18 THEN
{bonusNumber} = '5';
ELSE IF {rollTotal} <= 19 THEN
{bonusNumber} = '6';
ELSE IF {rollTotal} <= 20 THEN
{bonusNumber} = '7';
ELSE IF {rollTotal} <= 25 THEN
{bonusNumber} = '8';
ELSE IF {rollTotal} <= 30 THEN
{bonusNumber} = '9';
ELSE IF {rollTotal} <= 35 THEN
{bonusNumber} = '10';
ELSE IF {rollTotal} <= 40 THEN
{bonusNumber} = '11';
ELSE IF {rollTotal} <= 45 THEN
{bonusNumber} = '12';
ELSE
{bonusNumber} = '13';
END IF

IF {rollTotal} > 50 THEN
{tempRollTotal} = {rollTotal} - 50;
{bonusNumber} = {bonusNumber} + FLOOR({tempRollTotal} / 5);
END IF

RETURN {bonusNumber}
END FUNCTION

FUNCTION DisplayTorgResult(PARAM:{rollTotal} AS INTEGER, {mishap} AS BIT)
DECLARE {displayText} TEXT;

{displayText} = "Dice Roll: " & {rollTotal} & " [Bonus: " & FUNCTION TorgBonusNumber(PARAM:{rollTotal} AS INTEGER) & "]";

IF {mishap} = 1 THEN
{displayText} = {displayText} & "MISHAP AND FAILED TEST";
ELSE IF {mishap} = 2 THEN
{displayText} = {displayText} = "POSSIBLE MISHAP";
END IF

RETURN {displayText};
END FUNCTION

*** /TorgBD: 1d6, increment on 6, treating it as a 5 ***
FUNCTION TorgRollBD()

{dieRoll} = RANDOM(1,6);

IF {dieRoll} <> 6 THEN
{rollTotal} = {dieRoll};
ELSE
{rollTotal} = 5;
END IF

WHILE {dieRoll} = 6
{dieRoll} = RANDOM(1,6);
IF {dieRoll} <> 6 THEN
{rollTotal} = {dieRoll};
ELSE
{rollTotal} = 5;
END IF
END WHILE

RETURN {rollTotal};
END FUNCTION

*** /Torg2BD: Roll 2 Bonus Dice and add the results ***
FUNCTION TorgRoll2BD()
DECLARE {dieRoll1} integer;
DECLARE {dieRoll2} integer;

{dieRoll1} = FUNCTION TorgBonusDie();
{dieRoll2} = FUNCTION TorgBonusDie();

RETURN {dieRoll1} + {dieRoll2};
END FUNCTION

damned
April 5th, 2018, 23:45
I think I confused matters trying to explain.

I hate to say it but why does it vary mechanics?
Why do exploding 20s not decrement by 1 and only d6s do?

Why is the quote from the book different to your description? eg the book says Attribute and Skill tests explode on 10s and 20s but you say there is a distinction between skilled and unskilled?

You mention Damage Dice but dont come back to explain them.

Why are Bonus Dice not fully exploding (eg 6s are 5s) but 20s get full value?

So the modifier modifies the total value not the bonus value? Can modifiers be negative?

Your torg20 # roll confuses me again.
You add modifiers and they can avert critical failures but you also talk about possibilities that make the roll a minimum of 10.
When d possibilities occur?
Being that a roll of 4 is now 10 and 10 explodes what happens?

Also - plain english is easier for me to follow...

rstrahan
April 6th, 2018, 02:04
I hate to say it but why does it vary mechanics?
Why do exploding 20s not decrement by 1 and only d6s do?

Well, the d6 are only used for damage, while the d20 roll is used for everything else.

Why is the quote from the book different to your description? eg the book says Attribute and Skill tests explode on 10s and 20s but you say there is a distinction between skilled and unskilled?

The thing about unskilled rolls not exploding on 20s is only in the skills section of the book, and isn't mentioned in the rules that explain dice rolls. I'm not sure why they did that, as it can be easy to miss on first read-through. Probably the easiest way to think of it is that 'rolls don't explode on 20' is the penalty for an unskilled roll in Torg.

You mention Damage Dice but dont come back to explain them.

Why are Bonus Dice not fully exploding (eg 6s are 5s) but 20s get full value?

I probably mis-spoke (-wrote?)...Damage is a flat number based on the weapon used, with the option of 0, 1, or 2 Bonus Dice added to that, based on the success level of the attack roll. Making the target number by 4 or less is base weapon damage, beating the target number by 5 - 9 grants a Bonus Die, beating the target number by 5 or more grants two Bonus Dice.

So the modifier modifies the total value not the bonus value? Can modifiers be negative?

Modifiers are always to the bonus, and they can be negative. All tests are {attribute} + {bonus chart result} + {skill add, if any} + {modifiers}. If I'm making an average (difficulty 10) driving test, I would add Dexterity + the number from the bonus chart after all dice are rolled and totaled + any modifiers to the roll. For a character with Dexterity 8, Driving 2, and a -2 penalty from wet roads, the total would be 8 + the number from the bonus chart. To succeed, my dice roll (after all exploding dice are checked, and after any resources for UP or POSSIBILITY roll additions) would have to be 15 or better to get a +2 or higher bonus. If my roll was 20 or more (for a +7 bonus), I would have a GOOD success (beating the target number by 5), and if I managed to get at least 41 on the combined dice roll, my bonus would be +12 and I'd have an OUTSTANDING success (for beating the target number by 10).

Your torg20 # roll confuses me again.
You add modifiers and they can avert critical failures but you also talk about possibilities that make the roll a minimum of 10.
When d possibilities occur?
Being that a roll of 4 is now 10 and 10 explodes what happens?

To make this easier, let's call a roll of 1d20 that explodes on 10 (and on 20's if it's not an unskilled roll) a 'Torg Die', and a critical miss/fumble a 'mishap'. A 'Possibility' is what Torg calls 'hero points'.

First the bonus rolls: In Torg there are situations where a character may get bonus dice for a roll. There are several ways this can happen, but mechanically there are only two types: an 'Up' roll and a 'Possibility' roll. Both give an extra 'Torg Die' to the roll (added to the dice total BEFORE the results are checked on the bonus chart). The difference is that for a 'Possibility' roll, if the die rolls less than 10, then 10 is added to the die pool rather than the number rolled. This does not give a reroll (as the die didn't actually roll a 10). For example...I roll and get a total of 12, and I get a bonus die that comes up 4. If the bonus die was for an 'Up' roll, my new die total is 16. IF the bonus was for a 'Possibility' roll, then my total is 22. Possibilities are very powerful.

Now for the critical failures: First of all, if the initial die roll on a check comes up '1', the test fails, full stop. IN ADDITION, if first die total (before exploding dice and bonus dice are added) is 4 or less, then there MAY be a mishap. Since not all rolls result in mishaps, the GM must decide if one occurs and if so, what affect is has on the game. As you can see, a roll of 1 is always a failure, but may or may not be a mishap, and a roll of 2-4 may be a mishap, but may still succeed if the character is very skilled, has good bonuses, or is able to use bonus dice. This can result in something like your gun jamming, but you still hit your target.

Hope that helps!

damned
April 6th, 2018, 02:35
Hope that helps!

Yes. More info is always good.

I still dont understand the rationale for exploding 6s to be worth only 5 but exploding 20s to be worth 20, but thats not on you :)

Ok it makes sense on Skills. Its also not unusual for RPG books to be poorly presented in terms of rules!

How many Skills are there? What are their names and what are their min/max/starting values? Do Skills improve over time?
Same for Attributes please.

--

If "Damage is a flat number based on the weapon used, with the option of 0, 1, or 2 Bonus Dice added to that" where does the d20 come in? Is damage actually exploding d6s + base damage rather than d20 + exploding d6s?
Can you give some weapon examples please?
The successes then are from the previous attack roll?
Should attack rolls add a bonus to the modifier window maybe?

I wonder if there is any purpose to have such a wide value of bonuses when they seem to actually get used in much larger increments - eg 1-4, 5-9, 10+ anyway thats not relevant to this discussion...

--

So when I do a Torg Roll and get a 25 or a bonus of +8 Im actually only part way there?
I then have to add my Attribute, my Skill (if Any and the Skill has already given me 2x the odds of an exploding dice? double dipping?) any Modifers and the Bonus from above?
Then I compare that to a variable target number?
And again I get scaled (by larger increments) success levels based on how much I beat the variable target?

--

How many UP or Possibility Dice can you conceivable have?
Is it only the specific Possibility Dice that gets scaled up to a 10 minimum? eg I rolled 3 + 12 my possibility bonus does not kick in?

--

I can see why this game is destined for widespread success...
:confused:

rstrahan
April 6th, 2018, 04:57
How many Skills are there? What are their names and what are their min/max/starting values? Do Skills improve over time?
Same for Attributes please.
--

There are 5 Attributes (Strength, Dexterity, Mind, Spirit, and Charisma) and 40 skills currently. I don't know if any might be added down the line, but there are skills that can be taken multiple times with different areas of focus (such as Language and Profession). That makes the number theoretically infinite, but in reality no character is likely to ever have more than 40-45 on their sheet, even including everything that can be used unskilled. They'll probably have half that many skills with a score other than 0. Here's an image with a list (also shows which attribute they are generally associated with and which can't be used unskilled): 22881

All skills start out at 0, and can be raised to 8 over time. Attributes can be no lower than 5 and the max is currently (and likely to remain) 15. I haven't checked to see if any monsters or NPCs have attributes higher than 15. Both attributes and skills can be increased with experience points, and can also be lowered under certain circumstances.

If "Damage is a flat number based on the weapon used, with the option of 0, 1, or 2 Bonus Dice added to that" where does the d20 come in? Is damage actually exploding d6s + base damage rather than d20 + exploding d6s?
Can you give some weapon examples please?
The successes then are from the previous attack roll?
Should attack rolls add a bonus to the modifier window maybe?
--

The potentially complex d20 roll is when you are making your attack check. If you fail, you miss. If you did very well on the attack (a Good or Outstanding result), then you do additional damage. Pretty much the same as if you roll a critical in other systems.

In Torg, there's not a damage roll as such because weapons have a static damage rating. For Melee and Thrown weapons, this is a bonus (+1 to +4) to your Strength score. For guns, bows, and explosives this is a simple integer. For example, a dagger has a damage rating of '+1' (meaning Strength +1), while a longbow has a damage rating of '12'.

The only time you roll for damage is if your attack test was 5 or higher than your target number. If you beat it by 5 (a Good success) you get 1 Bonus Die to add to the base damage, if you beat it by 10 or higher, you get 2 Bonus Dice to add to the base damage.

Some Examples:

Dagger - Damage: +1
Great Axe - Damage: +4
Chainsaw - Damage: 14 (one of the few melee weapons that has a numeric damage instead of a strength modifier)
Boomerang - Damage: +1
Frag Grenade - Damage: 16
Longbow - Damage: 12
Uzi - Damage: 13

So when I do a Torg Roll and get a 25 or a bonus of +8 Im actually only part way there?
I then have to add my Attribute, my Skill (if Any and the Skill has already given me 2x the odds of an exploding dice? double dipping?) any Modifers and the Bonus from above?
Then I compare that to a variable target number?
And again I get scaled (by larger increments) success levels based on how much I beat the variable target?

--

Yep, that's pretty much it. Think of it like a skill check in d20, but the part where you do your die roll is much more complicated:

D&D: [1d20] + Base Attribute + Skill + Modifiers vs. Difficulty
Torg: [Exploding Dice and Bonus rolls checked against a chart] + Base Attribute + Skill + Modifiers vs. Difficulty

The 3 success levels means that there is a practical limit to how many re-rolls and bonuses it's worth applying, as once you've beaten your target by 10, you've reached the limit. Works almost exactly like Raises in Savage Worlds (which has a lot of other resemblances to original Torg as well as Torg Eternity).

How many UP or Possibility Dice can you conceivable have?
Is it only the specific Possibility Dice that gets scaled up to a 10 minimum? eg I rolled 3 + 12 my possibility bonus does not kick in?

--

One Up and two Possibilities is the hard limit. Yes, it's just the possibility roll itself that has a minimum of 10. Basically, if you spend a possibility point, you know you're going to add at least 10 to the roll.

I can see why this game is destined for widespread success...
:confused:

You should have seen the original Torg rules from the 80's...Torg Eternity has simplified a LOT of stuff. The only reason they really kept the bonus chart and the odd dice mechanic was because, well, it's a Torg thing. :D

In practice it's not really that complex. It's a lot like skill rolls in other systems, but replace the die roll with strange exploding dice and a check against a chart...okay, so yea, pretty complicated. But hella fun in practice (when you roll a 60+, you can actually cause a permanent effect on the game world).

If you want to see it how it all works together, there is a free demo of the basic rules here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/215400/Torg-Eternity--Free-RPG-Day-Special

damned
April 6th, 2018, 07:17
This is how Im feeling about Torg!

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22882

Valyar
April 6th, 2018, 10:20
There is an issue with the Vehicle category, the old icon is being displayed. Is this issue on my end?

damned
April 6th, 2018, 10:23
Vehicles were added in the last Fantasy Grounds update and Ive not created Icons for them yet.
Unless you are using Vehicles (and they dont really do anything at this time) turn them off in Library.

Valyar
April 6th, 2018, 10:25
Got it :)

damned
April 6th, 2018, 14:50
Ok here is a /torg20 roll in action.
the first screenie is rolling 1d20 and adding Strength and Martial Combat (Ive got no idea what the skills are called).
the second is I believe using one Up and so is rolling 2d20.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22888

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22889

I think I might leave it at that for now.
There is enough example in the first roller for someone else to build out the other Torg rollers and add them into MoreCore.
This one will be in the next release (1.43).

Phystus
April 6th, 2018, 15:21
Question on Ubiquity dice: would it be possible to add the message field to the Ubiquity die type? As it is, there's no way to tell what skill a player is attempting.

Thanks!

~P

Phystus
April 6th, 2018, 15:22
Are there any plans on extending from DORCore instead of from CoreRPG directly? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42221-DORCore-An-Advanced-Beta-Release-Of-A-New-Ruleset

I'm also curious about this. There's some nice features in DORCore.

damned
April 6th, 2018, 16:33
Question on Ubiquity dice: would it be possible to add the message field to the Ubiquity die type? As it is, there's no way to tell what skill a player is attempting.

Thanks!

~P

Hi Phystus - fixed for v1.43 due out soon...

rstrahan
April 6th, 2018, 20:01
Ok here is a /torg20 roll in action.
the first screenie is rolling 1d20 and adding Strength and Martial Combat (Ive got no idea what the skills are called).
the second is I believe using one Up and so is rolling 2d20.

It looks like you are adding the attribute and skill to the die roll before looking it up on the bonus chart? That's not quite right...the attribute and skill are added to the number from the bonus chart to get the final result. For example, on your first roll example (Strength 10 + Martial Combat 3 + dice roll of 25), the 25 should give a bonus of +8 from the chart. The total would then be [Strength 10 + Martial Combat 3 + Bonus +8] for a check result of 21.

damned
April 6th, 2018, 23:50
It looks like you are adding the attribute and skill to the die roll before looking it up on the bonus chart? That's not quite right...the attribute and skill are added to the number from the bonus chart to get the final result. For example, on your first roll example (Strength 10 + Martial Combat 3 + dice roll of 25), the 25 should give a bonus of +8 from the chart. The total would then be [Strength 10 + Martial Combat 3 + Bonus +8] for a check result of 21.

Thatsw hat happens when you keep going when you are too tired.
Thanks! Ive fixed now.

rstrahan
April 7th, 2018, 01:13
Thatsw hat happens when you keep going when you are too tired.
Thanks! Ive fixed now.

I've been there!

I would like to say again how much I appreciate your time and effort. From my initial question to 'it'll be in the next update' was not what I expected. I was already a fan of MoreCore (I'm using it to set up a Torg game, in fact), but even more so now.

You Rock!

damned
April 7th, 2018, 01:22
Hi rstrahan this roll was very much made possible by a new /explodes roll by ianmward.
Ive sent you a PM.

Phystus
April 7th, 2018, 04:03
Hi Phystus - fixed for v1.43 due out soon...

Fantastic news! You rock!

~P

meguido
April 7th, 2018, 07:54
hello,
how to create a new roll /ave ?
using new roll /ave 1d100
5 and under unmodified is critical success
96 and over unmodified is critical failure
accepts modifiers
other success/fail output messages ( <attribute+skill)

roll /symb is interresing but I do not know how to modify it
I just change the dice roll in d100 and is ok for roll
thank help me

damned
April 7th, 2018, 10:12
Hi meguido Im still waiting on your response to -

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset&p=380633&viewfull=1#post380633
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset&p=379696&viewfull=1#post379696

meguido
April 7th, 2018, 10:26
is correct for Critical success et critical failure

damned
April 7th, 2018, 11:08
meguido if you want to test it try me on insane hook puny idol and it will be in v1.43

meguido
April 7th, 2018, 13:13
morecore V1.43 ?

damned
April 7th, 2018, 13:15
morecore V1.43 ?

Ayup. Connect and have a quick test.

meguido
April 7th, 2018, 13:26
I find where morecore v1.43 ? not seen on the forum

damned
April 7th, 2018, 13:35
1.43 is the next version and will be out soon... maybe this weekend, maybe in 2 weeks after FG Con.

meguido
April 7th, 2018, 14:11
ok thanks :)

superteddy57
April 7th, 2018, 16:01
Hi,

I've been liking the ruleset and been using extensions to help streamline the experience for each of my games. I've been using your Shadows of the Demon Lord extension as a base and adding things to the character sheet and making changes. One thing I wanted to add was a section for spells that can be dropped from the rolls and a counter to track the usage as each spell gets a number of uses with the roll button and link available. I've been toying with it and able to get the basic number box to show, but it doesn't link to the roll it pertains to. I was wondering if this is something that can be done to link entry or am I just wishful thinking and forced to use one of the other tabs to fulfill this?

damned
April 7th, 2018, 16:17
superteddy57 a screenshot might help?
Dropping spells as rolls is easy.
Tracking their usage would require additional coding but shouldnt be impossible...

Please feel free to share your updated extension - mine was only a few graphical updates.
There have been a number of improvements since then that could/should be in the extension.
I dont think any spell tracking was available when the SotDL extension was written
Triggering the spell point decrement and chat message should be easier than trying to add a tracking field to the roll.

Trenloe has done something quite neat with The Dark Eye rolls in version 1.43 that could be rolled out to other rolls in the future.

Trenloe
April 7th, 2018, 16:20
Trenloe has done something quite neat with The Dark Eye rolls in version 1.43 that could be rolled out to other rolls in the future.
Getting there - some testing will be done today...

superteddy57
April 7th, 2018, 16:23
Certainly, forgot to add the attachment of what I'm trying to do. In the picture is the basic number box, but it anchors to the attack frame and I want try to add it to the link with the roll button and link button. So if I add a new roll to the list it will stay with it.22906

<frame_char name="attackframe">
<bounds>15,45,320,170</bounds>
</frame_char>
<!-- Frame Anchor point and Label -->
<string_useredit_bold name="attack_label" source="attack_label">
<anchored to="attackframe" />
<default>Testing</default>
<tooltip textres="label_editable_stats" />
</string_useredit_bold>
<list_text name="cliroller4">
<anchored to="attackframe">
<left offset="10" />
<top offset="30" />
<right offset="-4" />
<bottom offset="-10" />
</anchored>
<newfocus>name</newfocus>
<datasource>.clilist4</datasource>
<class>cli_rolls</class>
<acceptdrop>
<class>cas</class>
<class>referencetext</class>
<class>referencetextwide</class>
<field>*</field>
</acceptdrop>
</list_text>
<basicnumber name="spellslots">
<anchored to="cliroller4" width="30" height="20">
<top />
<right anchor="left" relation="relative" offset="-7" />
</anchored>
<tabtarget prev="label" />
</basicnumber>
The reasoning is to allow the option for the attack frame to act as the spells section for both the spell, roll, and tracking since each spell has it's own limits of castings instead of the broad level of the spell. I've been able to get the players to use the Main tab to track, but the tinkerer in me wanted to see if I can play with your extension to make changes to the character sheet.

superteddy57
April 8th, 2018, 08:19
I figured it out. I had to add the basic number control in the windows class cli_rolls. It added it to the line with the link and roll button. Works like a charm. Thinking of making a script to check for /spell descriptor to turn it on and off. Back to tinkering.

meguido
April 8th, 2018, 08:35
Hello !
the script /aventure works, :) :)
yessssss

damned
April 8th, 2018, 09:25
Hi superteddy57

You probably want to make a new class called cli_spells or similar otherwise its going to impact all the other rolls.
I look forward to seeing what you end up with.
Suggestion? In the MoreCore without the SotDL extension you have a basic spell tracker - it has a Max Spell Points and Current Spell Points.
You could add both of those number fields to your class.

damned
April 8th, 2018, 09:25
Hello !
yessssss

Woot!

superteddy57
April 8th, 2018, 11:00
I really liked that idea and jumped right on it. I got the spell slots to operate as if they were on the spell_frame. It works with one caveat at the moment that it draws the name for the chat log from the spell. I'm starting to play with the Attributes section to get clickable boxes to roll. I might just make another windows class and drop the Attribute rolls into the box that way. Would be easier. Still going to run it by the group to see what they prefer.

New Sheet

damned
April 8th, 2018, 12:01
superteddy

Look at the code in MoreCore for hiding flip frames.
You that to hide those fields you have tagged DO NOT USE.

<script>
function onInit()
element.setVisible(false);
end
</script>

Additionally when 1.43 comes out you might look at the dsaskill rolls. Trenloe has updated it so that it looks at the values of certain rolls in clilist1 and clilist2 and uses those values.
This means that when the characters Courage or Strength etc changes, the rolls that use those skills will use the correct values.

superteddy57
April 9th, 2018, 00:28
That sounds super neat. I've been using one of Trenloe's guide (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35531-Fantasy-Grounds-v3-X-CoreRPG-based-Actions-(dice-rolling)) to try my hand at adding rolls from the mods of the ability boxes from my earlier post. I think I'm starting to go down the rabbit hole now since I'm very poor in Lua. Having a hard time wrapping my head around the process when I look through the code. Going to toy with Trenloe's MyTestAction.ext to see if I can follow along the process. I think I'm getting way out of the scope of what I was trying to do earlier. I thank you for the suggestions. I certainly did get the spells working correctly and will prolly package the extension soon once I clean up the code a bit and give proper credit to the inspirations.

damned
April 9th, 2018, 02:09
That sounds super neat. I've been using one of Trenloe's guide (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35531-Fantasy-Grounds-v3-X-CoreRPG-based-Actions-(dice-rolling)) to try my hand at adding rolls from the mods of the ability boxes from my earlier post. I think I'm starting to go down the rabbit hole now since I'm very poor in Lua. Having a hard time wrapping my head around the process when I look through the code. Going to toy with Trenloe's MyTestAction.ext to see if I can follow along the process. I think I'm getting way out of the scope of what I was trying to do earlier. I thank you for the suggestions. I certainly did get the spells working correctly and will prolly package the extension soon once I clean up the code a bit and give proper credit to the inspirations.

By all means do that supertedd57 - its a good learning experience.
The easiest way is to just set up your attributes as MoreCore rolls.

superteddy57
April 9th, 2018, 05:25
I was pondering on your last remark. Can I create a new roll for attributes and grabs from a basic number box? Like I'm thinking of making a new custom roll and pulling the mod data from the basic number boxes I set up. What I'm struggling with is how to set up the box to, in essence, be a variable. I'm sorry if this is outside the scope of this thread, I can make a new post in the Workshop

damned
April 9th, 2018, 05:32
No. Im saying you create a Roll entry with the correct dice string and label it.

Strength 15
Intelligence 8
Charisma 17

How often do your Attributes change? When they change adjust the Name and the Roll.

/conan 2d20x15y3
becomes
/conan 2d20x16y3
or whatever the roll is.

Its not as nice as your way but its way easier to do now.

superteddy57
April 9th, 2018, 05:46
Ah yeah, was doing that before. Attributes dont change. Sounds like a plan and will convert that frame back to a cli_list.

damned
April 9th, 2018, 05:51
Ah yeah, was doing that before. Attributes dont change. Sounds like a plan and will convert that frame back to a cli_list.

Exactly. Dont do work that you dont have to!
And yes - change the frames back.
You will see in the /dsaskill roll where Trenloe does a lookup on clilist1 and clilist2 and pulls values automatically...
I think that is a better way to do it...

superteddy57
April 9th, 2018, 21:33
Well here is my rendition of the Shadows of the Demon Lord extension.

I still think somethings I can work on, but this is functional and should be a hit with my gaming group.

damned
April 9th, 2018, 23:26
Looking good superteddy57

At the moment the Spell tool reports that:

Spell name is using a
Where as it should report
Character is using spell Spell name

You probably also want to create this as a new data type.

rstrahan
April 13th, 2018, 04:36
I'm not using the dice pool and would like to move the dice to the (now empty) next to the Mod box. Is there some way to do this? Also..is there a way to remove some of the dice in the collection? For example, in Torg Eternity, the only dice used are a d20 and d6.

damned
April 13th, 2018, 07:45
There is a MoveDice.ext I uploaded somewhere... try in the CoreRPG extensions thread.
And have a look at gameelements.xml and do something like this:

<die name="d8" merge="delete">
<icon>d8icon</icon>
</die>

Trenloe
April 13th, 2018, 13:23
The problem with removing dice from the desktop is that you remove the dice definition from the ruleset. So the dice model is not available if you need to roll it - like on tables for random encounters, etc.. I'm not exactly sure how FG will react to not having the dice model available for things like tables, etc..

EDIT: I've just done some testing - FG looks to replace the dice with a random number generator (at least in CoreRPG this is what happens). You still won't be able to drag dice to fields that need dice. But, in general, you can probably survive.

damned
April 13th, 2018, 14:34
The problem with removing dice from the desktop is that you remove the dice definition from the ruleset. So the dice model is not available if you need to roll it - like on tables for random encounters, etc.. I'm not exactly sure how FG will react to not having the dice model available for things like tables, etc..

EDIT: I've just done some testing - FG looks to replace the dice with a random number generator (at least in CoreRPG this is what happens). You still won't be able to drag dice to fields that need dice. But, in general, you can probably survive.

I believe he just wants to remove the dice that are not used in Torg and not remove them all.

trobadork
April 14th, 2018, 12:41
Hi all !
I want to use MoreCore for playing Equinox and Age of Legend (from Vagrant Workshop). The mechanics are from FU (Free Universal) and there's two "parts" in it :

First, the core : you roll 1D6, and the number shown indicate the result -> 1-No and ; 2-Yes but ; 3-No ; 4-Yes ; 5-No but ; 6-Yes and. Is there a way to show the result in the chat when a die is rolled ?

Second, the bonus/malus. It uses Fudge Dices : when you have a bonus, you roll a Fudge Dice with your D6. If your D6 show a negative result, you can increase your result by 1 to have a positive result if your bonus dice show "+". Exemple : you roll 1d6 and 1dF and obtain 5 and +. The result of d6 is 5 (Yes but) and the + modify it by 1 : 6 (Yes and). When you have a malus, it's the opposite : you roll an additionnal Fudge Dice, and if your die has a positive result and your Fudge dice show "-" you decrease your result by 1.

I think this second part is a little harder to integrate in FG, but maybe there's a way for the first part ?

damned
April 14th, 2018, 14:21
trobadork I think both of those should be relatively easy to code rolls for.

I need some clarification...

Roll 1 - odds are a No and evens a Yes?
Are there any +1s etc that can ever apply?
What should the output say?
Just a simple Yes or No?

When do you roll a Bonus dice?
Do you roll it at the same time as the first dice?
Do you roll it afterwards?

So the fudge dice really... does what?
Does it actually alter the probabilities of any particular outcome?
I think your wording of Yes and and Yes but is important but not fully explained?

trobadork
April 14th, 2018, 16:14
Ok I'll try to be clear (but my english can be murky)

The core mechanic is known as "Beat the odds", so your statement is true : odds are no and evens are yes, but with grades. The result is a straight one : you roll a D6 and the score tells the consequence :

6 = YES AND (success and another good thing happens)
5 = NO BUT (failure but a good thing happens)
4 = YES (simple success)
3 = NO (simple failure)
2 = YES BUT (success but a bad thing happens)
1 = NO AND (failure and another bad thing deteriorate the situation)

On this core mechanic, there's a very simple system of bonus/penalty. Your PC have some "descriptive" stats known as "TAGS". Tags is quite free : you can be "Strong", "Nice looking", "Restless" and so on. When a tag is appropriate on a roll, it creates a bonus dice or a penalty dice (depending on the situation). In this version of the FU system, bonus or penalty dices are Fudge dices.

Bonus and penalty dices cancel each others. You roll 1D6+bonus dices or 1D6+penalty dices. Currently I use the Dice Pool to roll the D6 and the DF simultaneously, with the dices from the tray ; there's no need to automatize the character sheet because it's mainly descriptive.

A bonus die count if it scores a "+" and when the D6 is an odd. For example, if you want to smash a door and you are "Strong" you roll 1D6 + 1DF. A 3 on the D6 should result in a "NO", but if you score a "+" on the DF it becomes a 4, a "YES".
A penalty die count if it scores a "-" and when the D6 is an even. For example, if you want to smash a door and you are "Weak" you roll 1D6 + 1DF. A 6 on the D6 should result in a "YES AND", but if you score a "-" on the DF it becomes a 5, a "NO BUT".

When you roll multiple penalty or bonus dices, there's only one increase/decrease. If you score a 1 and two "+" on bonus dices, your result becomes a 2 (YES BUT) not a 3 or a 4. Still, when you scores two "+" on your bonus dices or two "-" on your penalty dices you add a "AND" in the final statement. So with this example the result is 2 : YES BUT... AND (success, a bad thing happens, another good thing happens).

----------
Okay, now more example...

I try to climb this wall, but it's raining and I'm "Ponderous". The GM announce that I have to roll with two penalty dices. I roll 1D6 + 2DF. Result is :

https://i62.servimg.com/u/f62/15/64/03/08/fate110.png

5 is a "NO BUT", a failure. Penalty dices don't alter the score but I've got two "-" so the final sentence is "NO BUT... AND" : I can't climb the wall, BUT I can see another way to pass over, AND I fall and twist my ankle.

I've got to sneak past the guard. I am "Stealthy", the guard is "Drowsy" and the "Darkness" surrounds us. I roll 1D6 and 3DF (3 bonus dices). Result is :

https://i62.servimg.com/u/f62/15/64/03/08/fate210.png

1 is a "NO AND", a failure. But I've scored two "+" so the 1 become a 2 "YES BUT" and I've got another "AND" : YES I sneak past the guard, BUT I made a sound (he is no more Drowsy), AND I'm now too far for him to see me. Note that the "-" doesn't matter cause it's bonus dices.
----------

Thanks for your replies !

superteddy57
April 14th, 2018, 16:51
Looking good superteddy57

At the moment the Spell tool reports that:

Spell name is using a
Where as it should report
Character is using spell Spell name

You probably also want to create this as a new data type.

Yup, I'm working on it and allowed some testing with the group to see if any other things would break. I'll continue with this and post an updated version with the fix once I figure it out lol

rstrahan
April 14th, 2018, 22:29
Hi all !
I want to use MoreCore for playing Equinox and Age of Legend (from Vagrant Workshop). The mechanics are from FU (Free Universal) and there's two "parts" in it :

First, the core : you roll 1D6, and the number shown indicate the result -> 1-No and ; 2-Yes but ; 3-No ; 4-Yes ; 5-No but ; 6-Yes and. Is there a way to show the result in the chat when a die is rolled ?

Second, the bonus/malus. It uses Fudge Dices : when you have a bonus, you roll a Fudge Dice with your D6. If your D6 show a negative result, you can increase your result by 1 to have a positive result if your bonus dice show "+". Exemple : you roll 1d6 and 1dF and obtain 5 and +. The result of d6 is 5 (Yes but) and the + modify it by 1 : 6 (Yes and). When you have a malus, it's the opposite : you roll an additionnal Fudge Dice, and if your die has a positive result and your Fudge dice show "-" you decrease your result by 1.

I think this second part is a little harder to integrate in FG, but maybe there's a way for the first part ?

I think you might be able to accomplish that first part using a table for your 6 options, then use the /rollon command. I'm not sure how you'd tie in the fudge dice to that without a script, though.

damned
April 15th, 2018, 01:37
Ok I'll try to be clear (but my english can be murky)

The core mechanic is known as "Beat the odds", so your statement is true : odds are no and evens are yes, but with grades. The result is a straight one : you roll a D6 and the score tells the consequence :

6 = YES AND (success and another good thing happens)
5 = NO BUT (failure but a good thing happens)
4 = YES (simple success)
3 = NO (simple failure)
2 = YES BUT (success but a bad thing happens)
1 = NO AND (failure and another bad thing deteriorate the situation)

On this core mechanic, there's a very simple system of bonus/penalty. Your PC have some "descriptive" stats known as "TAGS". Tags is quite free : you can be "Strong", "Nice looking", "Restless" and so on. When a tag is appropriate on a roll, it creates a bonus dice or a penalty dice (depending on the situation). In this version of the FU system, bonus or penalty dices are Fudge dices.

Bonus and penalty dices cancel each others. You roll 1D6+bonus dices or 1D6+penalty dices. Currently I use the Dice Pool to roll the D6 and the DF simultaneously, with the dices from the tray ; there's no need to automatize the character sheet because it's mainly descriptive.

A bonus die count if it scores a "+" and when the D6 is an odd. For example, if you want to smash a door and you are "Strong" you roll 1D6 + 1DF. A 3 on the D6 should result in a "NO", but if you score a "+" on the DF it becomes a 4, a "YES".
A penalty die count if it scores a "-" and when the D6 is an even. For example, if you want to smash a door and you are "Weak" you roll 1D6 + 1DF. A 6 on the D6 should result in a "YES AND", but if you score a "-" on the DF it becomes a 5, a "NO BUT".

When you roll multiple penalty or bonus dices, there's only one increase/decrease. If you score a 1 and two "+" on bonus dices, your result becomes a 2 (YES BUT) not a 3 or a 4. Still, when you scores two "+" on your bonus dices or two "-" on your penalty dices you add a "AND" in the final statement. So with this example the result is 2 : YES BUT... AND (success, a bad thing happens, another good thing happens).

----------
Okay, now more example...

I try to climb this wall, but it's raining and I'm "Ponderous". The GM announce that I have to roll with two penalty dices. I roll 1D6 + 2DF. Result is :

https://i62.servimg.com/u/f62/15/64/03/08/fate110.png

5 is a "NO BUT", a failure. Penalty dices don't alter the score but I've got two "-" so the final sentence is "NO BUT... AND" : I can't climb the wall, BUT I can see another way to pass over, AND I fall and twist my ankle.

I've got to sneak past the guard. I am "Stealthy", the guard is "Drowsy" and the "Darkness" surrounds us. I roll 1D6 and 3DF (3 bonus dices). Result is :

https://i62.servimg.com/u/f62/15/64/03/08/fate210.png

1 is a "NO AND", a failure. But I've scored two "+" so the 1 become a 2 "YES BUT" and I've got another "AND" : YES I sneak past the guard, BUT I made a sound (he is no more Drowsy), AND I'm now too far for him to see me. Note that the "-" doesn't matter cause it's bonus dices.
----------

Thanks for your replies !

Getting much closer

Whats the maximum number of bonus or penalty dice?
Can you confirm if I have two bonus dice and one penalty dice I just roll 1 bonus?

Can you confirm I roll the bonus/penalty dice at the same time as the first dice?

trobadork
April 15th, 2018, 09:25
Getting much closer

Whats the maximum number of bonus or penalty dice?
Can you confirm if I have two bonus dice and one penalty dice I just roll 1 bonus?

Can you confirm I roll the bonus/penalty dice at the same time as the first dice?

In order :

- There's no maximum, but if we need one I'll say there's little chance to roll five bonus or penalty dices.
- Yes, bonus and penalties cancel each others.
- Yes again

damned
April 15th, 2018, 10:01
Ok so what does this roll give?

5 + + + + +
5 + + + + -
5 + + + +
5 + + + -
5 + + +
5 + + -
5 + +
5 + -
5 +

And the same for:

5 - - - - -
5 - - - - +
5 - - - -
5 - - - +
5 - - -
5 - - +
5 - -
5 - +
5 -

And then do it again for:

4 + + + +
4 + + + -
4 + + +
4 + + -
4 + +
4 + -
4 +

And:

4 - - - -
4 - - - +
4 - - -
4 - - +
4 - -
4 - +
4 -

trobadork
April 15th, 2018, 10:38
result
dice are bonus
dice are penalty

5 + + + + +
6 : YES AND... AND... AND (a 6 and two pairs of +)
5 : NO BUT (+ don't count)

5 + + + + -
6 : YES AND... AND... AND (a 6 ans two pairs of +)
5 : NO BUT

5 + + + +
6 : YES AND... AND... AND (a 6 and two pairs of +)

5 + + + -
6 : YES AND... AND (a 6 and one pair of +)

5 + + +

5 + + -

5 + +

5 + -
6 : YES AND

5 +

result
dice are bonus
dice are penalty

5 - - - - -
5 : NO BUT (- don't count)
5 : NO BUT... AND... AND (5 and two pairs of -)

5 - - - - +

5 - - - -

5 - - - +
5 : NO BUT... AND (5 and one pair of -)

5 - - -

5 - - +

5 - -

5 - +

5 -

result
dice are bonus
dice are penalty

4 + + + + +
4 : YES... AND... AND (a 4 and two pairs of +)
4 : YES (+ don't count)

4 + + + + -
3 : NO

4 + + + +
4 : YES

4 + + + -
4 : YES... AND (a 4 and one pair of +)

4 + + +

4 + + -

4 + +

4 + -

4 +

result
dice are bonus
dice are penalty

4 - - - - -
4 : YES (- don't count)
3 : NO... AND... AND (3 and two pairs of -)

4 - - - - +

4 - - - -

4 - - - +
3 : NO... AND (3 and one pair of -)

4 - - -

4 - - +

4 - -

4 - +

4 -

damned
April 15th, 2018, 13:33
Some Pulp Action on MoreCore at FG Con 12.
I had a great group of players take on the young German Chancellor and his entourage of blue eyed, square jawed Nazis and try to stop them stealing the long lost Fertility Statue of Isis!
Did Hitler survive?
What happened to the Hindenburg?
Will the British Museum ever lend anything to the New York Metropolitan Museum of Natural History again?
Will these questions be answered in the next installment?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23024

damned
April 16th, 2018, 08:21
lots of stuff

Ok.
Im stumped on how to reduce this to some sort of mathematical equation.

I have two rolls - one Black, on Red.

The Black will roll a d6 plus as many dF as you type in the modifiers (or use /mod for) and it will display the dice face results.
It is currently also counting the +pluses.

The Red will roll a d6 plus as many dF as you type in the modifiers (or use /mod for) and it will display the dice face results.
It is currently also counting the -minuses.

How do mathematically break down the stuff above to be able to output the right message?

Another question for above -

Bonus Dice

5 + + - -
5 + +
5 + - -
5 +

And the same for Malice Dice

5 - - + +
5 - -
5 - + +
5 -

And then do it again for Bonus Dice

4 + + - -
4 + +
4 + - -
4 +

And Malice:

4 - - + +
4 - -
4 - + +
4 -

trobadork
April 16th, 2018, 10:13
I know, it's a bit crunchy. I think the way you did it is already amazing !

With two separate dice, you can only count 2 faces on the Fate dices :

Bonus dices are D6 with two "+1" faces. IF the result on the main die is odds and If you have bonus>= +1 the main die increase by 1. If you have +2 or +3 on the bonus, you add an "AND". If you have +4 or more on the bonus, you add two "AND".

Penalty dices are D6 with two "-1" faces. IF the main result is even and if you have bonus <= 1 the main die decrease by you 1. If you have -2 or -3 on the penalty, you add an "AND", if you have -4 or less you add two AND.

Bonus Dice

5 + + - - === yes and... And... (6 and one pair)
5 + + ==== yes and... And... (6 and one pair)
5 + - -. ==== Yes and (6)
5 +. ==== Yes and (6)

And the same for Malice Dice

5 - - + +. ===== No but... And (5 and one pair)
5 - -. ===== No but.... And (5 and one pair)
5 - + +. ===== No but (5)
5 -. ==== No but (5)

And then do it again for Bonus Dice

4 + + - -. === Yes... And (4 and one pair)
4 + + ===== Yes... And (4 and one pair)
4 + - -. ===== Yes (4)
4 +. ==== Yes (4)

And Malice:

4 - - + +. ==== No... And (3 and one pair)
4 - -. ===== No... And (3 and one pair)
4 - + + ===== No (3)
4 -. === No (3)

damned
April 16th, 2018, 11:57
Inching closer.

If we are rolling Bonus Dice we only count the pluses?
If we are rolling Malice Dice we only count the minuses?

If we roll a Yes with Bonus dice then a single plus does nothing, 2 pluses give you an AND and 4 pluses give you an extra two ANDs. Minuses and blanks are ignored.
If we roll a No with Bonus dice then a single plus changes the No to a Yes, 2 pluses give you an AND and 4 pluses give you an extra two ANDs. Minuses and blanks are ignored.
which means that a 6++ is the same as a 5++

If we roll a Yes with Malice dice then a single minus changes the Yes to a No, 2 minuses give you an extra AND and 4 minuses give you an extra two ANDs. Pluses and blanks are ignored.
If we roll a No with Malice dice then a single minus does nothing, 2 minuses give you an extra AND and 4 minuses give you an extra two ANDs. Pluses and blanks are ignored.
which means that a 5-- is the same as a 4++

trobadork
April 16th, 2018, 12:35
Near perfect !!

I think it's a typo but your last example is false. 5-- is the same as 6--.

damned
April 17th, 2018, 13:33
OK I think you owe me a beer or seventeen...

How does this look?

It will check up to 2 pairs of bonus or malice dice...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23062

trobadork
April 17th, 2018, 15:24
Awesome !! Seventeen beers... Right, it's a good price (I hope you like Belgium beer ^^).

The ninth don't show its result, but you did it ! Thanks a lot !! (You'll integrate it in MoreCore or is it a new extension ?)

damned
April 17th, 2018, 15:35
Awesome !! Seventeen beers... Right, it's a good price (I hope you like Belgium beer ^^).

The ninth don't show its result, but you did it ! Thanks a lot !! (You'll integrate it in MoreCore or is it a new extension ?)

Hmmm you are right....
If you are near a computer you can test - insane hook puny idol
I need to check out the 6...
These will be part of MoreCore 1.43

trobadork
April 17th, 2018, 15:42
I'm at work, I'll wait for the 1.43 but thanks ;)

superteddy57
April 17th, 2018, 18:19
damned,

I'm working through my issue with the spell slots coming back with the name of the roll instead of the Actor.

I checked the console and verified from debug that this is what I'm getting:

Runtime Notice: s'rActor: '
Runtime Notice: { s'sType' = s'pc', s'sCreatureNode' = s'charsheet.id-00002.clilist2a.id-00001', s'sCTNode' = s'', s'sName' = s'1. Strength' }
Runtime Notice: s'nodeWin: '
Runtime Notice: databasenode = { charsheet.id-00002.clilist2a.id-00001 }
Runtime Notice: s'sHeroType: '
Runtime Notice: s''

I used a Strength roll for simplicity. Now I know it's pulling the sName from the Actor manager, but not sure why it's not pulling the PC's name.

You mentioned adding a new data type. If you have time can you elaborate?

By the way, I was able to add static ability check fields to the sheet. Thanks to Trenloe's 3.5 guide and working through the guide.

damned
April 18th, 2018, 01:15
I'm at work, I'll wait for the 1.43 but thanks ;)

trobadork what should the help/usage description look like? I have gone with the roll name of /odds for now...

damned
April 18th, 2018, 01:19
superteddy57 hold on to that for a couple of days for me - Im testing something out...

superteddy57
April 18th, 2018, 01:52
superteddy57 hold on to that for a couple of days for me - Im testing something out...

Sure thing! No rush. I'm working on other things and I think I got this sheet where I need it. Might want to start working on the NPC sheet and add ability rolls to that. By the way, great video it helped loads with how I read through the code. Really helped with breaking things down and following the threads in the code. Many thanks.

trobadork
April 18th, 2018, 06:38
I'm used to call this system "FU-Vagrant" (Vagrant Workshop is the publisher of the two games which use it). Maybe /vagrant ?

ShakyLuigi
April 18th, 2018, 09:40
Greetings,

I'm quite new to Fantasy Grounds, and I'm planning to run a game using MoreCore.
But I have a question. I've tried searching for an answer, but haven't found any.

I've made a list in the ROLLS and in the ABILITIES section of MoreCore.
I would like to share the lists with my players, so they can create their characteres.
Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

trobadork
April 18th, 2018, 09:47
Hi ShakyLuigi !
If your players join your game, they'll be able to access the Rolls and Abilities of your campaign. If you want to export the lists (to use in other campaigns for example) you'll have to export these data in a module. Type /export in the chat window to create a module, then you'll be able to load it (and share to your players) in the Library.

ShakyLuigi
April 18th, 2018, 10:03
Hi trobadork,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I see. I suspect this problem is rooted in lack of experience with the software, but I have two more questions just in case.

Does it matter if the other player only had a demo version, and I a standard edition?
Is it possible that I may have inadvertently pressed something in the options/settings so that these lists are blocked/not shared?

trobadork
April 18th, 2018, 10:21
If they have a demo version you need an ultimate one so they can join a campaign where you'll be the host.

damned
April 18th, 2018, 11:06
Heyy ShakyLuigi our good friend trobadork is right and wrong.

Create your Rolls.
In the Chat window type /export and hit enter. Fill out the fields and select Rolls.
Restart Fantasy Grounds and then go into Library Modules and Module Activation and share the new Rolls module.
Your player will need to go into their Library -> Modules Activation and open the Module.
It will then appear in their Rolls list.

You can have one demo player join your game - so long as its just you and the demo.
If a licensed player connects the demo gets dropped.
If another demo tries to join they wont be able to.
Unless you have Ultimate of course.

ShakyLuigi
April 18th, 2018, 12:29
Hi damned,

Thank you.

We will try out your instructions.

Trenloe
April 18th, 2018, 14:25
I've made a list in the ROLLS and in the ABILITIES section of MoreCore.
I would like to share the lists with my players, so they can create their characteres.
Is this possible?
Is a lot of the rolls are common to each PC, then the best way is to create a template PC, export this to a XML file and then import as many times as you need (one import for each PC). See here for info on exporting and importing PCs: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Character_Management

The player can then take one of these imported templates and change the data as needed for their PC.

For example, see the screenshot here for a PC template for The Dark Eye, ready for the player to modify for their specific PC: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42264-The-Dark-Eye-Rules-Set&p=384185&viewfull=1#post384185

ShakyLuigi
April 18th, 2018, 15:11
Hi Trenloe,

Actually, that I figured out myself and have added the core skills/attacks etc. in the character sheet (small victory ^^ )

But from your picture it looks like you've added more width and height in the boxes. How did you do that?

damned
April 18th, 2018, 15:14
Hi Trenloe,

Actually, that I figured out myself and have added the core skills/attacks etc. in the character sheet (small victory ^^ )

But from your picture it looks like you've added more width and height in the boxes. How did you do that?

You can already drag the window taller.
In the next release you will also be able to drag it another 100px wider.
With an extension (as Trenloe has used above) you can make it wider again.
You can also resize frames via an extension.

Im hoping to release the next build this weekend...
Best laid plans and all that...

ShakyLuigi
April 18th, 2018, 15:34
Thanks for the answers, and good luck!

Trenloe
April 18th, 2018, 15:50
In the next release you will also be able to drag it another 100px wider.
I noticed that - what was your thinking restricting the resize width? In my testing I don't see an issue resizing as wide as you want. For The Dark Eye I can see players wanting to resize width more than just another 100 pixels, and so I imagine for other systems as well.

damned
April 19th, 2018, 12:56
Hello !
yessssss

meguido can you please write name a short description of the roll for the manual?

meguido
April 19th, 2018, 14:42
Hello,
Aventure French rpg
a simple rules system

Attributes and Skills

Attributes Skills Atributes + Skills
Novice 10 à 25% 0 à 5% 20 à 40%
Qualified 25 à 50% 5 à 10% 40 à 60%
Gifted 50 à 75% 10 à 15% 60 à 80%
Mastery 75% et + 15% et + 80% et +

Roll 1d100 % <= attribute + bonus skill to Success (and mod +/- x% for difficulty by GM)

Roll <= attribute + skill = Success to action
01 a 05 - Critical success
96 - 00 - Critical failure

trobadork
April 19th, 2018, 18:04
trobadork what should the help/usage description look like? I have gone with the roll name of /odds for now...

I realize I didn't answer totally...

What do you think of this ?

/vagrantb +# (make a beat-the-odds roll with # bonus dice - Age of Legend)
/vagrantm +# (make a beat-the-odds roll with # malice dice - Age of Legend)

I don't think the explanation of what is a beat-the-odds is needed...

damned
April 20th, 2018, 00:53
Ive just gone with /vagrant if you add - modifiers they are Malice dice, if you add + modifiers they are Bonus dice

trobadork
April 21st, 2018, 08:24
Ive just gone with /vagrant if you add - modifiers they are Malice dice, if you add + modifiers they are Bonus dice

Excellent ! Exactly the way I wanted it to work ! There's just a few thing left : is there a way to roll this custom dice from the tray ? A /vagrant roll (or broadly speaking a custom roll) with a d6icon, so the players state the modifier then drag the d6 on the chat.

damned
April 21st, 2018, 08:36
Excellent ! Exactly the way I wanted it to work ! There's just a few thing left : is there a way to roll this custom dice from the tray ? A /vagrant roll (or broadly speaking a custom roll) with a d6icon, so the players state the modifier then drag the d6 on the chat.

Nope. Rolls are rolls and must be done from the PC or NPC sheet or from the Combat Tracker.

trobadork
April 21st, 2018, 09:10
Ok, thanks ! Very excited to see this 1.43 now ;)

princeearwig
April 21st, 2018, 22:47
@damned Only just saw you're stellar work on the TORG dice roll mechanic. You have my extreme gratitude on that front as it is going to make our game run a LOT more smoothly.
We've already been using the MoreCore ruleset thanks to its customisation options.
One thing I wanted to ask about though. We currently use some of the front page character sheet elements to keep track of the "Destiny Cards" that the game uses.
The cards get "dealt" using the card table extension, each table contains the listed details of the card and a link to its image file.
Problem is that I cannot get the card elements to add to the sheet as clickable items that contain the image of the card.
They add to the sheet but don't actually carry the card image with them and become text only items when the player clicks on them.

Is there anything I can do to get the character sheet to store the players card as the image?

Added an image to help explain.
Clicking on the link from either of the blue outlined items produces the image file outlined in blue.
However when either of these is dragged to the section on the character sheet (outlined in red) and clicked from there, you get the item outlined in red immediately beneath the character sheet.

damned
April 22nd, 2018, 02:41
See how 4 of 6 of the Roll windows have icons in the top left hand corner?
Click those and the frame flips -

the book allows you to store story/reference links
the image allows you to store image links
the pen/paper allows you to store notes
the hand allows you to store abilities

Drag an image link into the image flip frame.

princeearwig
April 22nd, 2018, 09:34
See how 4 of 6 of the Roll windows have icons in the top left hand corner?
Click those and the frame flips -

the book allows you to store story/reference links
the image allows you to store image links
the pen/paper allows you to store notes
the hand allows you to store abilities

Drag an image link into the image flip frame.

Great, I can now get the image to work in frame 6.
Is there a way to have all 3 of the bottom frames work like that?
TORG: Eternity has different card management systems which mean the player needs to keep a "hand" of cards separate from a "pool" of cards.
We have been using frame 4 for the Hand and frame 6 for the pool.
So ideally, I'd like to be able to have the same function on those bottom frames.

damned
April 22nd, 2018, 09:55
Great, I can now get the image to work in frame 6.
Is there a way to have all 3 of the bottom frames work like that?
TORG: Eternity has different card management systems which mean the player needs to keep a "hand" of cards separate from a "pool" of cards.
We have been using frame 4 for the Hand and frame 6 for the pool.
So ideally, I'd like to be able to have the same function on those bottom frames.

Frames 3, 4, 5 and 6 all work that way already but they have different data types they accept.
Abilities, Story/Reference/Notes/Images
So... no - Im not going to change its current behaviour :)
rstrahan may be working on an extension for Torg once 1.43 is released (as soon as I update the help files/links) and it is not difficult to change the behavior of one of them via extension but doing it for all of MoreCore would be a backwards step.

Ram Tyr
April 22nd, 2018, 10:52
Hey damned. You've done really well with this. Tip of the hat.

Making the frames have that same functionality for all the different data types, instead of each frame for a specific data type would be a step forward as it would increase the options available while still allowing current functionality. So, for example, the user could decide to use Frame 3 for either images, or notes, or... And the user could make the same choice for the next frame... and so on.

So, it may be difficult to accomplish for all I know, but I wanted to be sure that the difficulty was what keeps it from going forward and not a misunderstanding of what the next step might be. (I could see it being backward if you made them all for images and there was no longer a way to do the other data types.)

Again, the flexibility of MoreCore is great. It is a testament to the power of FG to let users run their favorite games, even the little ones that won't ever have a commercial rulesset. (Or the old game systems, or the...)

Thanks again.

damned
April 22nd, 2018, 11:23
Hola Ramza0Tyr

Each of the lists that accept the drag and drop data need to know what type of data is being dropped into them.
Its kinda like dropping Spells into Inventory and vice versa.

It probably could be configured to handle multiple data types but Im not sure how to right now and the request is pretty niche.

From an extension PoV its probably 9 lines of code - all of which are cut and paste from the current code with about 3 extra words.

My recommendation if you are playing other games on MoreCore that you do create a theme extension to tweak the generic aspects to your game.
The extensions are not complex and there are several good examples.
And then this code could easily be added to the extension.

It would probably look like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<root>
<windowclass name="charsheet_more" merge="join">
<sheetdata>
<list_abilities name="refdrop3" merge="join">
<class>picslist</class>
</list_abilities>
<sheetdata>
</root>

princeearwig
April 22nd, 2018, 15:04
Hola Ramza0Tyr

Each of the lists that accept the drag and drop data need to know what type of data is being dropped into them.
Its kinda like dropping Spells into Inventory and vice versa.

My recommendation if you are playing other games on MoreCore that you do create a theme extension to tweak the generic aspects to your game.
The extensions are not complex and there are several good examples.
And then this code could easily be added to the extension.

It would probably look like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
<root>
<windowclass name="charsheet_more" merge="join">
<sheetdata>
<list_abilities name="refdrop3" merge="join">
<class>picslist</class>
</list_abilities>
<sheetdata>
</root>

Thanks Damned, that's what I am looking for.
I'm already working on putting what I have done with my own files into an extension for use in Torg: Eternity. Sorry if that wasn't clear.
I was looking for advice on what "I" needed to do in order to get the frames to work the way I want them.

Which is, I think, what you just gave above :D

damned
April 22nd, 2018, 15:54
I havent tested it - but that should make #3 also be Images instead of Abilities.

damned
April 24th, 2018, 16:11
MoreCore 1.43 is live now. Report any bugs here and we will get them cleaned up asap.

Some new rolls and some new spell options.

Rolls can now reference other rolls in PC and NPC sheets.

Basic User Guide here: https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html

Pepor
April 24th, 2018, 16:58
Thank you damned !

Do you think that /edies could work the same way /explode does in the next update?

kevdog45
April 24th, 2018, 21:49
I am building a Morecore for a game called Bare Bones RPG. I want to create a d100 roll that gives a critical success or failure on 00, 11, 22, 33, 44, 55, 66, 77, 88 or 99. The Harn roll crits on numbers divisible by 5 so I thought I could use that as a model. Is their somewhere on here that goes through how to make rolls from scratch or a way to add the kind of modification I am talking about? I kind of want to do this myself so I can learn how to create rolls but I need help finding the right tutorial.

Trenloe
April 24th, 2018, 22:09
Is their somewhere on here that goes through how to make rolls from scratch or a way to add the kind of modification I am talking about? I kind of want to do this myself so I can learn how to create rolls but I need help finding the right tutorial.
https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html#newrolls

kevdog45
April 24th, 2018, 22:44

Ok, I saw that there is a /scripts folder? If so where is this? I tried entering into the morecore and it just gives me a list of slash commands.

LordEntrails
April 25th, 2018, 00:04
Ok, I saw that there is a /scripts folder? If so where is this? I tried entering into the morecore and it just gives me a list of slash commands.
Did you unzip the morecore .pak file? Inside there you will find a bunch of files, including the scripts folder.

kevdog45
April 25th, 2018, 00:34
I found out I had to do that. Now that I have all I have to do is figure out how to change this part of the script to what I want... wish me luck... I think I did a good job just getting this far since I didn't even know what LUA was until five minutes ago.

function getDiceResults(rRoll)
nTotal = 0;

local save = tonumber(rRoll.nSave);
Debug.console("Save (dropresults): ", save);

for _,v in ipairs(rRoll.aDice) do
nTotal = nTotal + v.result;
Debug.console("rRoll.nMod 1: ", rRoll.nMod);
end
nTotal = nTotal + rRoll.nMod;

Debug.console("rRoll.nMod 1a: ", rRoll.nMod);

if nTotal > save then
Debug.console("Failed: ", save, nTotal);
if nTotal % 5 == 0 then
sSaveResult = "Critical Failure";
elseif nTotal % 5 ~= 0 then
sSaveResult = "Failure";
end
if nTotal % 5 == 0 then
sSaveResult = "Critical Success";
elseif nTotal % 5 ~= 0 then
sSaveResult = "Success";
end
end

Debug.console("sSaveResult: ", sSaveResult);

rRoll.aTotal = nTotal;
rRoll.aSave = save;
rRoll.aSaveResult = sSaveResult;
return rRoll;
end

damned
April 25th, 2018, 00:50
Thank you damned !

Do you think that /edies could work the same way /explode does in the next update?

Hi Pepor sorry - no. /explode was a 100% rewrite. Massive change in code. Close your FG down - open the db.xml in Notepad++ and doa find/replace on edies with explode and you can use the new roller.

damned
April 25th, 2018, 00:53
Good start kevdog45,

First - read that link that Trenloe pointed you to. You *could* just update that one file but you would need to do it every time there is an update. It will be better to make a copy of that script, call your slashcommand barebones and make a new one.

For the code...
You have some more questions to ask...
Are modifiers used?
Are they applied before or after you check for doubles?
What other things affect this dice roll?

meguido
April 25th, 2018, 09:05
Hello damned

Script aventure modifying :

--
-- Please see the license.html file included with this distribution for
-- attribution and copyright information.
--

local sCmd = "ave";

-- MoreCore v0.60
function onInit()
CustomDiceManager.add_roll_type(sCmd, performAction, onLanded, true, "all");
end

function performAction(draginfo, rActor, sParams)
Debug.console("performAction: ", draginfo, rActor, sParams);
if not sParams or sParams == "" then
sParams = "1d100x50";
end

if sParams == "?" or string.lower(sParams) == "help" then
createHelpMessage();
else
local rRoll = createRoll(sParams);
ActionsManager.performAction(draginfo, rActor, rRoll);
end

end

function onLanded(rSource, rTarget, rRoll)
Debug.console("onLanded: ", rSource, rTarget, rRoll);
local rMessage = ActionsManager.createActionMessage(rSource, rRoll);
rRoll = getDiceResults(rRoll);
rMessage = createChatMessage(rSource, rRoll);
rMessage.type = "dice";
Comm.deliverChatMessage(rMessage);
end

---
--- This function creates the roll object based on the parameters sent in
---
function createRoll(sParams)
local rRoll = {};
rRoll.sType = sCmd;
rRoll.nMod = 0;
--- rRoll.sUser = User.getUsername();
rRoll.aDice = {};
rRoll.aDropped = {};

local nStart, nEnd, sDicePattern, sDescriptionParam = string.find(sParams, "([^%s]+)%s*(.*)");
rRoll.sDesc = sDescriptionParam;
Debug.console("rRoll.sDesc: ", rRoll.sDesc);

-- Now we check that we have a properly formatted parameter, or we set the sDesc for the roll with a message.
Debug.console("Preflightcheck: ", rRoll.sDesc);
if not sDicePattern:match("(%d+)d([%dF]*)x(%d+)") then
rRoll.sDesc = "Parameters not in correct format. Should be in the format of \"#d#x#\" ";
return rRoll;
end

local sDice, sSave = sDicePattern:match("(%d+d[%dF]+)x(%d+)");

local save = tonumber(sSave);
Debug.console("sDicePattern: ", sDicePattern);
Debug.console("save 1st timer: ", save);

Debug.console("sDice: ", sDice);
local aDice, nMod = StringManager.convertStringToDice(sDice);

local aRulesetDice = Interface.getDice();
local aFinalDice = {};
local aNonStandardResults = {};
for k,v in ipairs(aDice) do
if StringManager.contains(aRulesetDice, v) then
table.insert(aFinalDice, v);
elseif v:sub(1,1) == "-" and StringManager.contains(aRulesetDice, v:sub(2)) then
table.insert(aFinalDice, v);
else
local sSign, sDieSides = v:match("^([%-%+]?)[dD]([%dF]+)");
if sDieSides then
local nResult;
if sDieSides == "F" then
local nRandom = math.random(3);
if nRandom == 1 then
nResult = -1;
elseif nRandom == 3 then
nResult = 1;
end
else
local nDieSides = tonumber(sDieSides) or 0;
nResult = math.random(nDieSides);
end

if sSign == "-" then
nResult = 0 - nResult;
end

nMod = nMod + nResult;
table.insert(aNonStandardResults, string.format(" [%s=%d]", v, nResult));
end
end
end

if sDesc ~= "" then
Debug.console("sDesc: ", sDesc);
sDesc = rRoll.sDesc;
Debug.console("rRoll.sDesc: ", rRoll.sDesc);
else
sDesc = sDice;
end
if #aNonStandardResults > 0 then
sDesc = sDesc .. table.concat(aNonStandardResults, "");
end

local rRoll = { sType = sCmd, sDesc = sDesc, aDice = aFinalDice, nMod = nMod, nSave = tonumber(save) };
Debug.console("performAction: ", draginfo, rActor, rRoll);

ActionsManager.performAction(draginfo, rActor, rRoll);

end

---
--- This function first sorts the dice rolls in ascending order, then it splits
--- the dice results into kept and dropped dice, and stores them as rRoll.aDice
--- and rRoll.aDropped.
---
function getDiceResults(rRoll)
nTotal = 0;

local save = tonumber(rRoll.nSave);
Debug.console("Save (dropresults): ", save);

for _,v in ipairs(rRoll.aDice) do
nTotal = nTotal + v.result;
Debug.console("rRoll.nMod 1: ", rRoll.nMod);
end
---nTotal = nTotal + rRoll.nMod;
---rRoll.nMod = - rRoll.nMod;
save = save + rRoll.nMod;

Debug.console("rRoll.aOp: ", rRoll.aOp);

Debug.console("rRoll.nMod 1a: ", rRoll.nMod);

if nTotal > save then
Debug.console("Failed: ", nTotal);
if nTotal > 95 then
sSaveResult = "Echec Critique";
elseif nTotal then
sSaveResult = "Echec";
end
Debug.console("Success: ", nTotal);
if nTotal < 06 then
sSaveResult = "Succès Critique";
elseif nTotal then
sSaveResult = "Succès";
end
end

rRoll.aTotal = nTotal;
rRoll.aSave = save;
rRoll.aSaveResult = sSaveResult;
return rRoll;
end
---
--- This function creates a chat message that displays the results.
---
function createChatMessage(rSource, rRoll)
local rMessage = ActionsManager.createActionMessage(rSource, rRoll);

---rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "\n[target] " .. rRoll.aSave .. "\n[modified by] " .. rRoll.sDesc .. " " .. rRoll.nMod .."]\n[" .. rRoll.aSaveResult .. "] " .. rRoll.aTotal;
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "\n[" .. rRoll.aSaveResult .. "] " .. rRoll.aTotal;
rMessage.dicedisplay = 0; -- don't display total

rMessage.text = rMessage.text;

return rMessage;
end

---
--- This function creates the help text message for output.
---
function createHelpMessage()
local rMessage = ChatManager.createBaseMessage(nil, nil);
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "The \"/"..sCmd.."\" command is used to roll a set of dice, comparing the result against a target number.\n";
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "You can specify the number of dice to roll, the type of dice, and the number to be rolled against ";
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "by supplying the \"/rolld\" command with parameters in the format of \"#d#<>#\", where the first # is the ";
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "number of dice to be rolled, the second number is the number of dice sides, and the number following the ";
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "x being the number to be rolled against - being either '<' for lower or '>' for higher.\n";
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "If no parameters are supplied, the default parameters of \"1d100<55\" are used.";
Comm.deliverChatMessage(rMessage);
end

graziano.girelli
April 25th, 2018, 13:54
Hi Damned, great work again!

A question: is it possible to use the spell flip panel WITHOUT use the normal spell frame under the attack frame?
I modified MoreCore as you can see in the attached image, and i don't use the normal spells frame.
Second question: the freely resizable sheet dimensions has done thanks to new CORErpg function or is it embedded in MoreCore?

MoreCore character sheet: 23218

Trenloe
April 25th, 2018, 14:29
Second question: the freely resizable sheet dimensions has done thanks to new CORErpg function or is it embedded in MoreCore?
It's a mixture - the MoreCore tab resizing is embedded in MoreCore as that isn't in CoreRPG. The other tabs are CoreRPG tabs. They always had the code to do that, it's just that the base character sheet specification didn't allow resizing (it had a set width and height). Damned and I had the whole character sheet resizing (width and height) for v1.43 - so even if CoreRPG didn't allow it in FG v3.3.5, it would have been there in MoreCore. I hope that answers your question?

damned
April 25th, 2018, 14:30
Hi graziano.girelli

it should be possible to adjust your extension to still use the flip frame and not show the other Spell option.
You will need to replace a few of the window.spellsframe.setVisible(false); type commands.

It is a chunk of extra code probably for your extension though...

The charsheet width is mostly CoreRPG and Trenloe did a chunk of additional work on the MoreCore tab to facilitate that.

Edit: Ninja'd by Trenloe.

Pepor
April 25th, 2018, 15:36
Hi Pepor sorry - no. /explode was a 100% rewrite. Massive change in code. Close your FG down - open the db.xml in Notepad++ and doa find/replace on edies with explode and you can use the new roller.

Hi damned,

I have modified your manager_custom_explode.lua because I wanted, for instance, something like: /explode 1d10+5 15, where that 15 is the dificulty to beat. Now you get a message if you rolled over that dificulty number. I think I made it work but I hope you could take a look a it. Here I attach my own version. Thank you in advance.

damned
April 25th, 2018, 16:00
Hi Pepor,

How do you determine what that number (15) will be?
Is it always a specific number?

The best thing to do always is to make it a new roll so that you still have the current roll, it doesnt get overwritten by updates and it can be added back in to MoreCore if it is used in other systems.

At a cursory glance it looks ok. What did your testing show?

Pepor
April 25th, 2018, 16:19
Hi damned,

The number (15, 10, 13,...) is determined by the DM, it is a dificulty number for a given task, ability check, attack and so on. I am still working, really slowly, on the Cyberpunk2020 sort of ruleset/charactersheet, where you roll a d10 dice, it can explode, and you can add or substract modifiers, and you have to beat a dificulty given by the DM.

As you said, I was also thinking of making a new roll.

Thanks!

damned
April 25th, 2018, 16:30
problem with a moving target number is you have to edit the string each time...
how many other modifiers come into play?

graziano.girelli
April 25th, 2018, 18:57
It's a mixture - the MoreCore tab resizing is embedded in MoreCore as that isn't in CoreRPG. The other tabs are CoreRPG tabs. They always had the code to do that, it's just that the base character sheet specification didn't allow resizing (it had a set width and height). Damned and I had the whole character sheet resizing (width and height) for v1.43 - so even if CoreRPG didn't allow it in FG v3.3.5, it would have been there in MoreCore. I hope that answers your question?

Absolutely, thanks!

kevdog45
April 26th, 2018, 00:07
I am building a Morecore for a game called Bare Bones RPG. I want to create a d100 roll that gives a critical success or failure on 00, 11, 22, 33, 44, 55, 66, 77, 88 or 99. The Harn roll crits on numbers divisible by 5 so I thought I could use that as a model. Is their somewhere on here that goes through how to make rolls from scratch or a way to add the kind of modification I am talking about? I kind of want to do this myself so I can learn how to create rolls but I need help finding the right tutorial.

Pretty much given up on this. I have been looking online for the better part of a day for somewhere that would show how to even express a double in lua much less making it a critical success or failure. I tried using "or" as a separator but it didn't work. I tried using commas asinf separators and it didn't work. I can't figure it out without a specific example in front of me and I can't find a roll that would recognize a double in any of the rolls in morecore. Its just frustrating that there isn't a tool where you can just tell the thing what you want it to do and it will do it.

Trenloe
April 26th, 2018, 01:31
Pretty much given up on this. I have been looking online for the better part of a day for somewhere that would show how to even express a double in lua much less making it a critical success or failure.

Assuming the roll is contained in rRoll and there are 2 dice rolled: if rRoll.aDice[1].result == rRoll.aDice[2].result... checks to see if the results of dice 1 and dice 2 are the same - a double roll.

Its just frustrating that there isn't a tool where you can just tell the thing what you want it to do and it will do it.
The way to tell a computer what to do is via a programming language... LUA is that language for Fantasy Grounds. I know it's not what you want to hear, but if you want to do something custom, this is pretty much what you have to use.

Or, via (potentially) complex codes that are parsed in the ruleset. Maybe the Universal Dice Roller in DORCore might be able to do it. I haven't looked at it in any depth, so I don't know if it's possible. Have a look at it here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42221-DORCore-An-Advanced-Beta-Release-Of-A-New-Ruleset

damned
April 26th, 2018, 04:23
The Qin dice uses doubles and pretty much does what Trenloe suggests.
And yes - it will require some coding.

Pepor
April 26th, 2018, 17:24
problem with a moving target number is you have to edit the string each time...
how many other modifiers come into play?

There are tons of modifiers to a roll, such as: complex -2, very complex -4, Drunk -4, target immobile -4, smartgun +2, and so on. There are only 5 diferent Task Difficulties.

What I have been doing till now, while I am developing everything, is adding 5 diferent string rolls to a roll-field, one for each dificult:
/explode 1d10 10
/explode 1d10 15
/explode 1d10 20
/explode 1d10 25
/explode 1d10 30

Then, the players add their characteristic+ability (it goes to the modifier stack using a strill roll: /mod +3 for instance) and afterwards I tell them what the task dificulty is and they roll/push the appropiate dificulty button.

I have changed several things from the .zip file I gave you, so I think I could have it almost ready to create a new roll as you told me (to add it in MoreCore). Let's see if I can follow your "guide" to create it. I would call it "/cyber" and you could use it almost like your /explode.

For instance:
/cyber 1d10
/cyber 1d10+5
/cyber 1d10+3 10
/cyber 1d10+4 15
/cyber 1d10 10

(10, 15 and 10 are the difilculty task in this examples)

If you roll a 1, you will get "Fumble and Failure" in the chat. If you roll a 10, the dice will explode and you will get "Critical" in the chat and "Success" or "Failure" if you pass the Dificulty.

Thanks for your time Damned!

damned
April 27th, 2018, 03:58
The way I would do this is ignore that second difficulty target.

If you roll (with modifiers) over 30 report - Success vs Extreme (VH/H/S/E)
If you roll (with modifiers) over 25 report - Success vs Very Hard (H/S/E)
If you roll (with modifiers) over 20 report - Success vs Hard (S/E)
If you roll (with modifiers) over 15 report - Success vs Standard (E)
If you roll (with modifiers) over 10 report - Success vs Easy

or whatever your actual values are...

Pepor
April 27th, 2018, 09:09
The way I would do this is ignore that second difficulty target.

If you roll (with modifiers) over 30 report - Success vs Extreme (VH/H/S/E)
If you roll (with modifiers) over 25 report - Success vs Very Hard (H/S/E)
If you roll (with modifiers) over 20 report - Success vs Hard (S/E)
If you roll (with modifiers) over 15 report - Success vs Standard (E)
If you roll (with modifiers) over 10 report - Success vs Easy

or whatever your actual values are...

Hi Damned,

This is the way it looks so far. The last three rolls are without telling a difficulty target.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23240&d=1524816563

damned
April 27th, 2018, 09:45
I like the first rolsl as they report all the modifoers...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23240

Pepor
April 27th, 2018, 13:52
Indeed, you also get them if you dont specify a dificulty target:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23241&d=1524833450

By the way, how do you do on the forum to show an image directly in the commnet and not like and attachment?

damned
April 27th, 2018, 14:34
you still upload it and then you use something like this:

[ img ]https:// www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/ attachment.php? attachmentid=23241[ /img ]

lose the spaces

Pepor
April 27th, 2018, 17:10
you still upload it and then you use something like this:

[ img ]https:// www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/ attachment.php? attachmentid=23241[ /img ]

lose the spaces

Thank you damned.

I followed your guide for Adding a New Roll. I have modified all the files. What should I do now? Should I send you only those files or the MoreCore.pak?

By the way, when I was adding my line to the dicehelp.lua I realized that there is no entry for the /explode roll.

damned
April 28th, 2018, 02:03
Hi Pepor - send me all the changed files only.

The instructions need updating *again* - both dicehelp and mchelp both link to the html file now (or should).
Ill get that fixed in the instructions.

Pepor
April 28th, 2018, 13:37
Hi Pepor - send me all the changed files only.

The instructions need updating *again* - both dicehelp and mchelp both link to the html file now (or should).
Ill get that fixed in the instructions.

Hi damned,

How should I send you the package? I have come to see that you cannot attach a file via private message.

Thanks!

damned
April 28th, 2018, 14:53
Put them on onedrive or dropbox and pm me a link?

Pepor
April 28th, 2018, 15:05
Put them on onedrive or dropbox and pm me a link?

Done!

superteddy57
April 28th, 2018, 17:13
Made new additions after the update and adding more and more automation to the extension for Shadow of the Demon Lord. I'm really having fun and this is starting to show some nice progress. Certainly making running the game more easier.

graziano.girelli
April 29th, 2018, 22:53
Hi again people!

I don't know if this is the right thread where post this question...
I saw the party sheet in pathfinder and D&D 5e has Xp tab, in which people can put experience and quests.
In MoreCore i have only Inventory and order (with an extension). Is it correct or i changed something and delete other tabs in MoreCore party sheets?

damned
April 29th, 2018, 23:40
Hi again people!

I don't know if this is the right thread where post this question...
I saw the party sheet in pathfinder and D&D 5e has Xp tab, in which people can put experience and quests.
In MoreCore i have only Inventory and order (with an extension). Is it correct or i changed something and delete other tabs in MoreCore party sheets?

I may add the XP tab to the party sheet for the next version... havent confirmed just yet....

shadelon
May 1st, 2018, 15:06
I may add the XP tab to the party sheet for the next version... havent confirmed just yet....

Please do! :-D

graziano.girelli
May 2nd, 2018, 10:32

It should be really great!!!
Thanks for your answer.

PhilAdams
May 3rd, 2018, 18:49
Would it be possible to get a Prowlers & Paragons die roll mechanism (something like /pnp #d6y6)? It's something of a limited mix of Ubiquity (evens = successes) and Conan (a specific number grants double success) using d6 pools.

So, #d6 with 2 and 4 as successes and 6 as two successes. Those successes are compared to either a number assigned to the task or to an opposed roll's number of successes. I don't think that would have to be automated, though. Just getting the dice string would be enough.

Thanks!

Stx11
May 6th, 2018, 01:45
Hi all,

Thanks Damned for all the work you've put into MoreCore!

Please forgive me if this has already been answered (or if this is in the wrong thread) but are there plans for Damned to migrate MoreCore to inherit off of DORCore?
(Sorry I'm greedy and want the best of all worlds for my custom games :D)

Icy
May 7th, 2018, 05:23
Totally new here, sorry if this is incorrect place...How do I install MoreCore?

Trenloe
May 7th, 2018, 05:29
Totally new here, sorry if this is incorrect place...How do I install MoreCore?
Download the PAK file in post #1 and put it in your <FG app data>\ruleset directory.

Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Data_Files_Overview#Rulesets

damned
May 9th, 2018, 08:27
Would it be possible to get a Prowlers & Paragons die roll mechanism (something like /pnp #d6y6)? It's something of a limited mix of Ubiquity (evens = successes) and Conan (a specific number grants double success) using d6 pools.

So, #d6 with 2 and 4 as successes and 6 as two successes. Those successes are compared to either a number assigned to the task or to an opposed roll's number of successes. I don't think that would have to be automated, though. Just getting the dice string would be enough.

Thanks!

More Info please. Spell it out in LOTS of detail. See other requests for more detail. How is it reported etc? What do modifiers do etc?

damned
May 9th, 2018, 08:28
Hi all,

Thanks Damned for all the work you've put into MoreCore!

Please forgive me if this has already been answered (or if this is in the wrong thread) but are there plans for Damned to migrate MoreCore to inherit off of DORCore?
(Sorry I'm greedy and want the best of all worlds for my custom games :D)

You're welcome.

No - Ive tested it with DORCore and it breaks lots of things.

Stx11
May 9th, 2018, 10:11
You're welcome.

No - Ive tested it with DORCore and it breaks lots of things.

Damn(ed) that's horrible news. Guess I'll have to stick to MoreCore and lose out on DORCore :(

damned
May 9th, 2018, 10:32
Damn(ed) that's horrible news. Guess I'll have to stick to MoreCore and lose out on DORCore :(

Sorry...

Stx11
May 9th, 2018, 14:54
Not your fault Damned! :)

I mostly play indie games and the work you've put into MoreCore to add so much flexibility easily while running a game is amazing!

PhilAdams
May 10th, 2018, 02:52
More Info please. Spell it out in LOTS of detail. See other requests for more detail. How is it reported etc? What do modifiers do etc?

Hm. It's a *really* simple system, so there's not a lot to spell out. The core resolution is a PC or an NPC rolling a d6 dice pool against either a target number (the threshold) or another person's roll.

From the rules discussing Challenge Rolls: "To make a challenge roll, you roll a number of dice equal to the trait or power that applies to the action you want to perform. Every even number rolled counts as a success. If you roll a 6 on any die, it counts as 2 successes. If you have 0d in a trait or power, you roll one die when making a challenge roll, but you only get a success if you roll a 6, and even then, you get only 1 success for it."

So, Lightning Lad might have Energy Blast 12d6 and be trying to hit Hulk (who uses his Armor of 14d6 to defend). Lightning Lad is the actor in this case. If he rolls 12d6 and gets 1,1,2,2,2,3,4,4,5,6,6,6, he has 11 successes. If Hulk rolls 14d6 and gets 1,1,1,2,2,3,4,4,4,5,5,5,6,6, he has 9 successes.

Or Batman might be trying to sneak past some robot guards to break into a warehouse where Joker has a hideout. Batman has Covert Ops of 10d6 and the robots have a Perception of 6d6. Batman is the actor in this case. If Batman rolls 10d6 and gets 1,2,2,2,3,4,4,5,6,6, he has 9 successes. If the robots roll 6d6 and gets 1,2,3,4,4,5, it has 3 successes.

After you resolve this part, it goes to a final step to determine narrative resolution:

"Once you subtract the threshold from your successes, the result is your net successes. The table below indicates who gets to describe how the attempted action plays out, depending on your net successes. As used on the table below, the character attempting the action is called the actor and the one resisting it is called the target. If several characters attempt to perform the same action (such as trying to grab an object), whoever rolls the most successes gets to be the actor. If the attempted action doesn’t really have a target, use the following rule: the GM acts as the target for challenge rolls made by players, and the players take turns acting as the target for challenge rolls made by the GM."
NET SUCCESSES RESULTS
-2 or less Target describes
-1 to 0 Target describes and actor embellishes
1 to 2 Actor describes and target embellishes
3 or more Actor describes

For Lightning Lad's attack, subtract 9 successes from 11 successes, and Lightning Lad ends up with 2 net successes. That means Lightning Lad's player gets to describe the outcome of the attack, and Hulk's player gets to embellish it. Regardless the descriptions, Hulk takes 2 Health of damage (with attacks, net successes = damage). All I really need is a means to handle challenge rolls, really.

The robots' 3 success are subtracted from Batman's 9 successes, giving Batman 6 net successes (Batman's player gets to describe the outcome).

It's a very rules-lite system without becoming too rules lite, which is what I want from a supers system anymore.

Thanks so much for your help!

damned
May 12th, 2018, 02:07

Thanks!

Hm. It's a *really* simple system, so there's not a lot to spell out. The core resolution is a PC or an NPC rolling a d6 dice pool against either a target number (the threshold) or another person's roll.

From the rules discussing Challenge Rolls: "To make a challenge roll, you roll a number of dice equal to the trait or power that applies to the action you want to perform. Every even number rolled counts as a success. If you roll a 6 on any die, it counts as 2 successes. If you have 0d in a trait or power, you roll one die when making a challenge roll, but you only get a success if you roll a 6, and even then, you get only 1 success for it."

So, Lightning Lad might have Energy Blast 12d6 and be trying to hit Hulk (who uses his Armor of 14d6 to defend). Lightning Lad is the actor in this case. If he rolls 12d6 and gets 1,1,2,2,2,3,4,4,5,6,6,6, he has 11 successes. If Hulk rolls 14d6 and gets 1,1,1,2,2,3,4,4,4,5,5,5,6,6, he has 9 successes.

Or Batman might be trying to sneak past some robot guards to break into a warehouse where Joker has a hideout. Batman has Covert Ops of 10d6 and the robots have a Perception of 6d6. Batman is the actor in this case. If Batman rolls 10d6 and gets 1,2,2,2,3,4,4,5,6,6, he has 9 successes. If the robots roll 6d6 and gets 1,2,3,4,4,5, it has 3 successes.

After you resolve this part, it goes to a final step to determine narrative resolution:

"Once you subtract the threshold from your successes, the result is your net successes. The table below indicates who gets to describe how the attempted action plays out, depending on your net successes. As used on the table below, the character attempting the action is called the actor and the one resisting it is called the target. If several characters attempt to perform the same action (such as trying to grab an object), whoever rolls the most successes gets to be the actor. If the attempted action doesn’t really have a target, use the following rule: the GM acts as the target for challenge rolls made by players, and the players take turns acting as the target for challenge rolls made by the GM."
NET SUCCESSES RESULTS
-2 or less Target describes
-1 to 0 Target describes and actor embellishes
1 to 2 Actor describes and target embellishes
3 or more Actor describes

For Lightning Lad's attack, subtract 9 successes from 11 successes, and Lightning Lad ends up with 2 net successes. That means Lightning Lad's player gets to describe the outcome of the attack, and Hulk's player gets to embellish it. Regardless the descriptions, Hulk takes 2 Health of damage (with attacks, net successes = damage). All I really need is a means to handle challenge rolls, really.

The robots' 3 success are subtracted from Batman's 9 successes, giving Batman 6 net successes (Batman's player gets to describe the outcome).

It's a very rules-lite system without becoming too rules lite, which is what I want from a supers system anymore.

Thanks so much for your help!

So... is the yValue always 6? If its always 6 it doesnt need to be passed as a variable.
MoreCore has no current ability to do opposed rolls - too many possible permutations.
It can be done in an extension but its unlikely to ever be a core part of the base.

Modifiers and building dice pools... why does Lightning Lad have 12d6 and Hulk has 14d6? Could Hulk not use armor and have less d6 to roll? Are there situation modifiers, temporary modifers etc that influence how many dice to roll?

PhilAdams
May 12th, 2018, 02:45
So... is the yValue always 6? If its always 6 it doesnt need to be passed as a variable.
MoreCore has no current ability to do opposed rolls - too many possible permutations.
It can be done in an extension but its unlikely to ever be a core part of the base.

Modifiers and building dice pools... why does Lightning Lad have 12d6 and Hulk has 14d6? Could Hulk not use armor and have less d6 to roll? Are there situation modifiers, temporary modifers etc that influence how many dice to roll?

No need for the opposed rolls part. The only thing I feel would benefit from a die roll is the Challenge aspect of the system.

Yes, it's evens grant a success, but each 6 grants an extra success. I was basing the y6 part on the Conan extension code. I didn't realize you could do a constant for the same result, but, duh, yeah, I see when you're doing the loop through the dice rolls, you're just checking the variable and why not just put 6 there. Sorry about that.

Modifiers and Building Dice Pools
Yes, there are ways to bump up the dice pool. One example: You can go "all out" to get +2d6. Cover can provide +/- 2d6 or 4d6. Tactics can +/- 1-3d6. There's an Adversity/Resolve mechanic that's a lot like the Conan Doom/Momentum system; you can burn Adversity (villains) or Resolve (heroes) on a 1 pt = +1d6 scale. That means the dice pool has a pretty major swing to it.

Rating Traits, Powers
Lightning Lad had a 12d6 and Hulk had a 14d6 as a hypothetical to represent ranges. Characters are represented by Traits (Inherent Traits = attributes; Acquired Traits = skills) and by Powers & Perks (to include gear). All of those are rated in d6. The campaign usually sets a ceiling (12d6 would be a sort of typical Marvel setting). But villains don't have to stick to that ceiling. So a Hulk-type character (as an NPC) could have a Might 16d6 and an Armor of 14d6, for example. If the campaign was defined as a Standard power level (12d6), then a PC could at most have three Traits and Powers at 12d6. Everything else has to be 11d6 or lower. Again, not applicable to villains.

damned
May 12th, 2018, 03:02
So... what are the core things that dictate the roll?
Are they attributes, equipment or other?

The way Im thinking this would work is -

Might /pnp 5
Electro Gloves /mod 2
All Out /mod 2
Resolve /mod 1
Player does something role playing wise and the GM throws them another dice.

Player types 1 in modifier (rp bonus), clicks Resolve (another option would be an extension to Hero Points that adds +1 to modifier when clicked, and reduces its value by 1), clicks All out, clicks Electro Gloves - and now has a bunch of applied modifiers, +1/+1/+2/+2 and then clicks Might and it rolls 11(5+6)d6 and counts all evens and then counts all 6s.

Need another roll for unskilled...
/pnp0 with no modifiers/arguments that rolls 1d6 and counts 6s.

PhilAdams
May 12th, 2018, 03:53
So... what are the core things that dictate the roll?
Are they attributes, equipment or other?

The way Im thinking this would work is -

Might /pnp 5
Electro Gloves /mod 2
All Out /mod 2
Resolve /mod 1
Player does something role playing wise and the GM throws them another dice.

Player types 1 in modifier (rp bonus), clicks Resolve (another option would be an extension to Hero Points that adds +1 to modifier when clicked, and reduces its value by 1), clicks All out, clicks Electro Gloves - and now has a bunch of applied modifiers, +1/+1/+2/+2 and then clicks Might and it rolls 11(5+6)d6 and counts all evens and then counts all 6s.

Need another roll for unskilled...
/pnp0 with no modifiers/arguments that rolls 1d6 and counts 6s.

Wow, that's a lot more detailed and comprehensive than I was expecting. Nice! It does look like it covers the sort of variables that could come into play.

The core things that dictate the roll are its base rating (for the character below, Agility 6d would be the starting point for dodging and such). Then the modifiers--the "All Out" option, or spending Adversity/Resolve (that's the mechanism that handles payout for roleplaying ... you start each session with a set amount, but roleplaying, situations, ingenuity, etc. all can add to it), and miscellaneous modifiers (cover, maybe improvised gear, etc.). Ideally, the player would build out the character sheet with the base elements. But even having some basic macros typed up speeds play up immensely (once there's a syntax).

Here's an example character from the rulebook (sort of a Batman type).

DETECTIVE
COMBAT VALUES
Edge 12
Health 6

INHERENT TRAITS
Agility 6d
Intellect 6d
Might 6d
Perception 6d
Toughness 6d
Willpower 6d

ACQUIRED TRAITS
Academics 6d
Charm 6d
Command 6d
Covert Ops 9d
Crime 6d
Driving 6d
Investigation 9d
Medicine 6d
Piloting 6d
Science 6d
Survival 6d
Technology 9d

POWERS & PERKS
• 6d Armor (Item (costume))
• 9d Danger Sense
• 9d Evasion
• 9d Strike (blunt) (Weapon Mastery)
• Blind Fighting
• Contacts (business, criminal, police)
• Disguise
• Languages (Languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Japanese, Russian, Spanish)
• Low-Light Vision (Item (costume))
• Swing Line (Item (grappling line))
• Wealth

FLAWS & WEAKNESSES
• Two flaws and one weakness

MUNDANE GEAR
A variety of mundane gear and melee weapons including a collapsible staff that can split into a pair of escrima sticks (+1d)

damned
May 12th, 2018, 04:31
Ok Ive done a /pnp roll for Prowlers and Paragons: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/227782/Prowlers--Paragons-Core-Rules

Ive also done a /tiny roll for Tiny Dungeons and Tiny Frontiers
A standard roll is 2d6 but it could be 1d6 for unskilled or rolls with disadvantage or 3d6 for mastered skills or rolls with advantage.
Any result of 5 or 6 is a success.

Tiny Dungeon: https://www.rpgnow.com/product/230298/Tiny-Dungeon-Second-Edition
Tiny Frontiers (PWYW): https://www.rpgnow.com/product/188485/Tiny-Frontiers

These will be available whenever the next MoreCore version is released...

damned
May 13th, 2018, 04:08
A couple of people have requested that XP tracking be added to the Party Sheet.
Ive done that - well its in the next build anyway - but I dont actually have any XP fields on the MoreCore character sheets.
So...
What XP fields should we have?
Current XP
XP Required
Level
Any others?
How many games that you are using MoreCore for actually care about this stuff?
And finally... where should I store this on the Character Sheet?
I normally try and keep everything on the MoreCore tab (hence it has flip panels etc to store moar!) but really... it is already full.
I could swap it out for fields like Height/Weight but some of you might already be using those...
I could Make the Name field smaller...
I could put it on the Notes tab...
I could move Race/Gender/Age/Height/Weight to the Notes Tab and put the XP fields on the front screen...
I could move Race/Gender/Age/Height/Weight to Notes AND put XP fields there too...

Im tending towards putting the new fields on Notes... my preference would probably be to move Race/Gender/Age/Height/Weight there too but alignment issues with the Logo field mean it would be hard to Expand Attacks/Spells up to use that space - well not that hard - but it means all your themed extensions are likely to require some work...

So... please... give me your thoughts...

Oh - and in case anyone asks - I felt no need to include the Main Party Sheet Tab as there is no easy way to make all those Skill/Attribute rolls available there in the PS as you have in 5E/Pathfinder.

shadelon
May 13th, 2018, 05:28
Ive done that - well its in the next build anyway - but I dont actually have any XP fields on the MoreCore character sheets.
So...
Current XP
XP Required
Level
Any others?
I normally try and keep everything on the MoreCore tab (hence it has flip panels etc to store moar!) but really... it is already full.
I could swap it out for fields like Height/Weight but some of you might already be using those...
I could move Race/Gender/Age/Height/Weight to the Notes Tab and put the XP fields on the front screen...
I could move Race/Gender/Age/Height/Weight to Notes AND put XP fields there too...

Im tending towards putting the new fields on Notes... my preference would probably be to move Race/Gender/Age/Height/Weight there too but alignment issues with the Logo field mean it would be hard to Expand Attacks/Spells up to use that space - well not that hard - but it means all your themed extensions are likely to require some work...

Oh - and in case anyone asks - I felt no need to include the Main Party Sheet Tab as there is no easy way to make all those Skill/Attribute rolls available there in the PS as you have in 5E/Pathfinder.

Thank you very much for doing this!

I feel comfortable with the height/weight and stuff being moved to the Notes page and XP being put there on the main tab.

graziano.girelli
May 13th, 2018, 09:41
So...
Current XP
XP Required
Level
Any others?

I totally agree with you!
Move all the bio fields where now we can find notes, and add xp (and quests too then!) should be perfect. In my opinion the only xp field needed is current xp current level.
So, as recap, in note tab i should put: Race, gender, age, weight, height, CLASS, current level, current xp.

In any case, thanks for your fantastic work!

Stx11
May 13th, 2018, 10:33

If it is wide enough, I'd be fine with entering "3/5" or "12,234/15,000" in a single XP field if that makes it easier.
Level would definitely be nice.

PbtA games often have an XP mechanic and Dungeon World uses Level but there are a number of games that use XP as Hero Points (or vice versa) so I've sometimes tracked them there.
They aren't critical fields for me if you decide not to add them though.

Either of these work for me.

Hope this helps and thanks for all your work!

ShotGun Jolly
May 14th, 2018, 07:49
If I could ask for a feature to be added, not sure if its in your control or not to do it. But the ability to export the list of languages to a module. So everytime I create a new adventure, I do not have to add them all over again.

Im tending towards putting the new fields on Notes... my preference would probably be to move Race/Gender/Age/Height/Weight there too but alignment issues with the Logo field mean it would be hard to Expand Attacks/Spells up to use that space - well not that hard - but it means all your themed extensions are likely to require some work... Please no!!! :P

damned
May 14th, 2018, 11:20
If I could ask for a feature to be added, not sure if its in your control or not to do it. But the ability to export the list of languages to a module. So everytime I create a new adventure, I do not have to add them all over again.

That may well be possible... Ill have a look at it.
Can you email me a campaign with your languages setup in it so I can test?

Please no!!! :P

Image below shows a new minimum width of 550px vs 525px.
Race/Gender/Age/Height/Weight have all been moved to Notes.
The Attacks/Spells frame has been increased in height allowing 3 more lines of Attacks and/or 2 more lines of Spells.
By increasing the width this will cause minimal changes to most themes - possible an anchor adjustment.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23466

damned
May 14th, 2018, 13:06
And the Notes tab would look like this:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23467

Trenloe
May 14th, 2018, 15:03
And the Notes tab would look like this:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23467
Can you make the level entry a string field rather? Some systems use a description for the level - e.g. Novice (could use "N), Experienced, etc.

damned
May 14th, 2018, 15:05
Can you make the level entry a string field rather? Some systems use a description for the level - e.g. Novice (could use "N), Experienced, etc.

There is no reason why that field cant be a string as there is no linkage or automation behind it.
XP needs to be a Number so that the Party Sheet stuff works.

graziano.girelli
May 14th, 2018, 19:46
That may well be possible... Ill have a look at it.
Can you email me a campaign with your languages setup in it so I can test?

Image below shows a new minimum width of 550px vs 525px.
Race/Gender/Age/Height/Weight have all been moved to Notes.
The Attacks/Spells frame has been increased in height allowing 3 more lines of Attacks and/or 2 more lines of Spells.
By increasing the width this will cause minimal changes to most themes - possible an anchor adjustment.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23466

I'm selfish, and i like to see another line of spells, so i can use 10 spell's level and this should be great for my gaming group!!!

rstrahan
May 14th, 2018, 21:47
There is no reason why that field cant be a string as there is no linkage or automation behind it.
XP needs to be a Number so that the Party Sheet stuff works.

Can I assume that 'Required' isn't linked to anything either? So I could change the label to 'Spent' for example? Oh, speaking of, will the labels be set up as string variables?

The changes look good, and I'm glad to see XP being added.

damned
May 14th, 2018, 23:14
Can I assume that 'Required' isn't linked to anything either? So I could change the label to 'Spent' for example? Oh, speaking of, will the labels be set up as string variables?

The changes look good, and I'm glad to see XP being added.

Required does link with the Party Sheet data.
Other than staying up to date across both display locations it has no other automation - eg there is no auto levelling or anything like that once XP reaches/exceeds Required.
The best way to change it for this specific type of label is via a strings entry in your extension.

<string name="char_label_expneeded">Required</string>

damned
May 14th, 2018, 23:16
I'm selfish, and i like to see another line of spells, so i can use 10 spell's level and this should be great for my gaming group!!!

There wont be another line of spells on the Attack side of the frame but there will be 8 levels on the Spells Flip frame...

https://www.diehard-gaming.com/htmlimages/spells.gif

LordEntrails
May 15th, 2018, 00:09
Just a comment on the XP fields, a bunch of the old TSR games from the 80's use XP, but don't have levels, therefore they wouldn't have a "Required" field. But they do have "Earned", "Spent", "Remaining"

Don't think to worry about it honestly. But if you did, then maybe make the name of the field configurable in GM options?

graziano.girelli
May 15th, 2018, 07:36
Sounds very good inded!

rstrahan
May 15th, 2018, 20:29
Just a comment on the XP fields, a bunch of the old TSR games from the 80's use XP, but don't have levels, therefore they wouldn't have a "Required" field. But they do have "Earned", "Spent", "Remaining"

Don't think to worry about it honestly. But if you did, then maybe make the name of the field configurable in GM options?

If it's an editable label that uses a string variable as the default, it should work fine. For those that have the inclination, it can be changed in XML. Otherwise, just edit the label directly, as you can do with the Combat fields.

rstrahan
May 15th, 2018, 21:02
I've run into some problems working on the combat tracker for my Torg Eternity extension, and was hoping someone could help out.

I've set a new field up as a 'C6' column on the character sheet and the visibility and color selections in the Option menu. It's linking correctly to the combat tracker, and I was able to add both the header and column to the CT Host environment (haven't done the client side yet). I also removed the health bar display as it's really not useful for Torg Eternity and gives me a bit more space.

The problem is that I can't get the anchoring to work correctly. It seems the whole thing falls apart if I try to anchor an existing element (inherited from Core or MoreCore) to my new C6 elements. For example, if I anchor my C6 label to the initiative label, then change the anchor for C5 from the init label to my new one, I get the following error: "Ruleset Error: window: Control (label_five) anchoring to uncalculated control (label_six) in windowclass (combattracker_host)".

If I leave all the anchors as-is for the Core/MoreCore inherited elements and anchor my new elements to the Health column, I get no errors, but the layout is (of course) messed up (screenshot below).

I've attached a screenshot and copy of my ct_host.xml file for reference.

damned
May 15th, 2018, 23:54
Your attached xml looks.... different to what you described...

Its quite possible that the field_five is being read/written before field_six...
Try adding
<number_ct_crosslink name="fieldfive" merge="join">
to your new file...
If that moves the error - then do fieldfour etc too...

damned
May 15th, 2018, 23:55
If it's an editable label that uses a string variable as the default, it should work fine. For those that have the inclination, it can be changed in XML. Otherwise, just edit the label directly, as you can do with the Combat fields.

These are not currently editable fields.
Char sheet editable fields also only edit for that user as opposed to doing it in the XML where it replaces it for all users.

ShotGun Jolly
May 16th, 2018, 06:59
One more feature request Damned. Can you lock the hero point section do only the GM can 'Add' hero points? Sometimes it seems my players never seem to run out of the darn things.. lol.

On a side note, Ill email You the campaign folder with the lists of languages tomorrow sometime.

damned
May 16th, 2018, 08:52
One more feature request Damned. Can you lock the hero point section do only the GM can 'Add' hero points? Sometimes it seems my players never seem to run out of the darn things.. lol.

On a side note, Ill email You the campaign folder with the lists of languages tomorrow sometime.

Players own their DB node - Im not sure if I can prevent them from modifying things...

damned
May 16th, 2018, 12:14
Players own their DB node - Im not sure if I can prevent them from modifying things...

How about this Shotgun? Not what you were after but might also make it a little harder for creative accounting...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=23493

ShotGun Jolly
May 16th, 2018, 20:00
Ahhh, yes that works..

I know it can be done though as the Savage World Code allows the bennies to be locked by the GM.. but ill take this display easy enough!

shadelon
May 16th, 2018, 22:28
Yeah actually like that. Let's me easily keep an eye on the number of action dice my players have. Not that i think they'll do that. Lol

Alchemister
May 19th, 2018, 18:55
Hi all, hopefully this will be an easy one.

With Kult Divinity Lost impending, I'm wondering what the dice string would be for a 2d10 roll that has graded success. 0-9 = failure, 10-14 = complications (partial success), and 15+ = success.

Many thanks.

damned
May 20th, 2018, 01:08
Hi Alchemister you would need a new roll for the system to be able to report that info.
But you still havent supplied enough info.
What about modifiers? When and what modifiers can be applied?
Do they apply before you determine success?
Are there negative modifiers too?
Is there **ever** any dice substitution for the 2d10? eg Dungeon World is 2d6 but one Barbarian skill allows 1d6+1d8.
Basically it looks like a variant of the /pbta roll.

Alchemister
May 20th, 2018, 20:17
Hi Damned, and many thanks for the reply.

Essentially all skill/action rolls (moves) involve rolling 2d10 added to an attribute modifier. In all there are ten attributes and each of these has a modifier (and only a modifier) as its actual attribute. The modifiers for these stats can be +3, +2, +1, 0, -1, or -2.

To the best of my knowledge (limited to quick start rules at this point, I'm afraid) this will cover any and all rolls that need to be made. Success will then be measured based on the result of the modified dice roll, with any result up to and including 9 being a failure, 10-14 being a succes with complications, and 15 or above being a success.

There is no dice substitution.

Really appreciate your help.

damned
May 21st, 2018, 13:09
Ok - Ive done a /kult roll for Kult Divinity Lost and a /crom roll for Conan 2d20 damage (unfortunately at this stage the damage is not drag and drop).
Ive also built out a basic Locations and Organisations tool - nowhere near as deluxe as the DOE's but should be serviceable in the event that CoreRPG support is dropped.

Alchemister
May 21st, 2018, 17:58
Many thanks indeed!

Greatly appreciated.

Jedrious
May 21st, 2018, 18:16
Ok - Ive done a /kult roll for Kult Divinity Lost and a /crom roll for Conan 2d20 damage (unfortunately at this stage the damage is not drag and drop).
Ive also built out a basic Locations and Organisations tool - nowhere near as deluxe as the DOE's but should be serviceable in the event that CoreRPG support is dropped.

How about adding multiplication ability to the diceroller?

damned
May 22nd, 2018, 01:36
How about adding multiplication ability to the diceroller?

Ive been looking at it but its not just multiplication - its the freeform nature of your string.
Im nowhere near as good at coding as Dulux-Oz is...

ShotGun Jolly
May 25th, 2018, 06:03
Damned, I just wanted to say thank you for all the hard work you are doing with MoreCore! This truely is a labour of love for you and it shows in the results! I have gotten more gaming in due to MoreCore then any other ruleset due to its flexibility!

Thanks! Jolly!

shadelon
May 25th, 2018, 06:21
Damned, I just wanted to say thank you for all the hard work you are doing with MoreCore! This truely is a labour of love for you and it shows in the results! I have gotten more gaming in due to MoreCore then any other ruleset due to its flexibility!

Thanks! Jolly!

Agreed, my being able to run FantasyCraft on FG was only made possible through MoreCore!

damned
May 25th, 2018, 15:20

Thanks! Jolly!

Agreed, my being able to run FantasyCraft on FG was only made possible through MoreCore!

Huzzah!

Nylanfs
May 25th, 2018, 17:21
Interestingly PCGen was able to just start supporting FantasyCraft a couple of versions ago. :)

graziano.girelli
May 29th, 2018, 12:07
Good afternoon people!

A (dumb) question: is there a way to share my rolls library with players?
I mean... i have create groups such special abilities, spells, powers, etc. I know i can share with player each single voice using "shout" icons, but i can just share the single voice.
Is there a way to share the whole library, with groups and everything else?
I check in the forum but find nothing.
Thanks

damned
May 29th, 2018, 13:52
graziano.girelli export your Rolls as a Module in your prep campaign.
Then in your Live campaign load the module and Share it to players.
They will need to activate the module and then they can see it all.

damned
May 29th, 2018, 13:54
Golgorosh you should use /sthrow 1d20>11 rather than /saving...

graziano.girelli
May 29th, 2018, 17:05
Thanks!!!

Golgorosh
May 29th, 2018, 17:26
Golgorosh you should use /sthrow 1d20>11 rather than /saving...

Thanks!!

In my case (trying to replicate the Cthulhu Hack system), I want them to succeed ONLY if they roll below their attribute.
So if the character has a 16, does it mean /sthrow 1d20<16 is correct or should I use /sthrow 1d20<15 ?

graziano.girelli
May 29th, 2018, 17:32
graziano.girelli export your Rolls as a Module in your prep campaign.
Then in your Live campaign load the module and Share it to players.
They will need to activate the module and then they can see it all.

Damned, i export the rolls, but there is only a single list. None of the groups i created in my live campaign was exported.
Later i will try again, maybe i miss some passage.

Thanks anyway!

damned
May 30th, 2018, 03:02
Golgorosh best way to test for sure is to set Manual rolls on and test both values.

graziano.girelli please do a test for me. Extract the XML for your Rolls from your db.xml and send it and your mod to me or post them here so I can look.

graziano.girelli
May 30th, 2018, 09:02
Golgorosh best way to test for sure is to set Manual rolls on and test both values.

graziano.girelli please do a test for me. Extract the XML for your Rolls from your db.xml and send it and your mod to me or post them here so I can look.

Here you are. I hope to made everything in the right way!

Rolls mod: https://drive.google.com/open?id=10HSsFgz80tfjoxiVAavTG1ddq6lDDwpD

Rolls extract: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mxp11z5ne3wp9BU7oe2RXYL0EFxHq1UD

damned
May 30th, 2018, 10:36
If you open the Library -> Rolls they will all show in one list.
If you use the Rolls campaign tool from the right hand menu they will appear in their categories.

graziano.girelli
May 30th, 2018, 10:56
If you open the Library -> Rolls they will all show in one list.
If you use the Rolls campaign tool from the right hand menu they will appear in their categories.

Checked and it works. Thanks!!!

The Lewtz
June 4th, 2018, 01:26
Hey Damned. I ran across your Paranoia theme in another Thread. I was wondering if this was ever finished or if you dropped it. I'd be interested in possibly messing with it, if you still have it. I am looking at trying to use DORCore to build a Paranoia Ruleset.

damned
June 4th, 2018, 01:50
Welcome The Lewtz

So my Paranoia theme is a long way from complete and I have not built any Paranoia rolls.
It is a project that got caught in a wave of other projects plus real life and has never managed to work its way back up the list.
I can share it but it needs a lot of work and I havent checked it for compatibility with the current MoreCore.

Someone else dberkompas started a DORCore Paranoia project here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42372-Paranoia-(Mongoose-Publishing)

I just checked and the roll window anchoring needs updating as the last MoreCore release incorporated horizontally scaling character sheet frames...
Let me know if you want to peek at it... if you have some programming ability (you will cry at mine) you will have a better chance of getting up to speed... however if you dont... there is a lot to go still on this and it might not be the best "first project" for you...

ShotGun Jolly
June 8th, 2018, 00:19
Damned, is there an option to turn off the auto initiative roll for NPCs when you add them to the combat tracker for the first time?

Also, I have a feature request I would like for you to consider. For games where initiative orders are determined by a roll, could you add a check button of some sort. So a GM can click to visually track on the CT who has taken a turn or not?

damned
June 8th, 2018, 00:26
Damned, is there an option to turn off the auto initiative roll for NPCs when you add them to the combat tracker for the first time?

Also, I have a feature request I would like for you to consider. For games where initiative orders are determined by a roll, could you add a check button of some sort. So a GM can click to visually track on the CT who has taken a turn or not?

There is no current option to disable Auto Initiative. It is a CoreRPG feature - Ill have a look.
For your second request I think you mean "for games where initiave orders are NOT determined by a roll"? - that is an interesting idea...

ShotGun Jolly
June 8th, 2018, 00:39
There is no current option to disable Auto Initiative. It is a CoreRPG feature - Ill have a look.
For your second request I think you mean "for games where initiave orders are NOT determined by a roll"? - that is an interesting idea...

hehe, That is correct... Not determined... good catch!

damned
June 8th, 2018, 00:49
Just spitballing here... what order would you place actors in the CT if there was no auto-init/init?

The Lewtz
June 8th, 2018, 04:54
I wouldn't mind taking a peek at it. I'm mainly interested in the theme'ing UI pieces you have already created. I have some programming background and have done UI and texturing mods for some other games, and some scripting. I may not do anything with it immediately due to starting a new position at work that is eating a lot of time, and some RL obligations.. AND starting a starfinder campaign for some friends, I was mainly looking to see if it was even theme'd enough to roughly use. ie, we don't need automated dice modifiers and such. Really, just the theme'ing UI pieces you already had looked pretty good.

I wouldn't be interested in releasing it anytime, soon, but if it is something way down your list, I would appreciate at least taking a look and see'ing what I could do. Also more I looked, I think the MoreCore ruleset would be better also.

If your ok with that, you can PM a link to it. If not, I understand also.

damned
June 8th, 2018, 04:57
https://www.dropbox.com/s/wrdpczh73upyjpy/paranoia.zip?dl=0
Please do share whatever stage you get it to :)

ShotGun Jolly
June 8th, 2018, 09:57
Just spitballing here... what order would you place actors in the CT if there was no auto-init/init?

Oh.. good question! If you mean by the order on the CT, it would be from top down.. people going prior would be higher on the list, so the last person who acts is at the very bottom. That way, when you hit the Next round button, it resets on the last person moved.