PDA

View Full Version : MoreCore Ruleset

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

badula
August 30th, 2017, 21:33
Hi, is there a way for the GM to manually set the Order for the players from the combat tracker?
Right now i have to go to each character's sheet, wich is annoying if used as a tool for a live session (they can't drag it on their own)

vodokar
August 31st, 2017, 03:51
I'm fairly sure it is "Control-Mousewheel" to adjust the number or simply type in the number.

badula
August 31st, 2017, 08:24
I'm fairly sure it is "Control-Mousewheel" to adjust the number or simply type in the number.

Typing it in the CT doesn't work. Haven't tried with the wheel since i'm using a trackpad. Typing works as a gm for the other columns but not for the order

Andraax
August 31st, 2017, 13:27
Yeah, looks like the link for order to the character sheet is one-way. Ctrl-Mousewheel doesn't work either. Damned will have to fix this.

Wargamer777
September 7th, 2017, 18:59
Can anyone else confirm that the /rollunder dice script is broken? It fires off a script error now when you try to execute.

Trenloe
September 7th, 2017, 19:20
Can anyone else confirm that the /rollunder dice script is broken? It fires off a script error now when you try to execute.
Yes it's broken.

Trenloe
September 9th, 2017, 04:44
I'm going to have a look at fixing this for Damned (with his permission).

EDIT: Disregard the below, I added two new dice handlers: rollundersmod and rollunderdmod, where the modifier box adjusts the success level or number of dice rolled

So, let me just confirm the required functionality for modifiers. Should the modifier add/remove successes from the end result, or should it add/remove dice from the roll?

We have two places where we can add modifiers:
1) The dice string itself: /rollunder #d#x#[+-]# In use you'd only use the modifier to add/remove successes as you'd add/remove dice in the initial #d#.
2) The modifier box under the chat window. As the original dice string controls number of dice and the number of success modifications, this would be the main one to consider - should it modify total successes or number of dice rolled?

So, how should modifiers work? Add/remove dice from the roll, or add/remove successes?

Some feedback would be appreciated as I'm not familiar with the systems people are using this for. If it needs additional roll types then I'm happy to do that to cover eventualities.

Trenloe
September 9th, 2017, 17:58
v1.40 released - download available in post #1.

Bugfix for rollunder.
Added rollundersmod and rollunderdmod, where the modifier box adjusts the success level or number of dice rolled, respectively. Added (Target = #) to result report.
rollunder: modifier box adjusts the success level target. Added (Target = #) to result report.
edies: modifier box adjusts the success level target.
GM can now edit the "Order" field in the Combat Tracker.

Trenloe
September 9th, 2017, 17:59
Hi, is there a way for the GM to manually set the Order for the players from the combat tracker?

Any chance of the /edies #d#x# (roll #dice and explode, count results above # as successes)

to use the modifier box like the wod dice do does for difficulty modifier

use Modifier box for additional Difficulty modification

Update to v1.40

joeblack1863
September 13th, 2017, 15:10
Not really sure if this is the best place to drop this but I am using MoreCore and the dice mechanics.

Playing around with the Ubiquity rpg (Leagues of Adventure). As it doesn't have it's own ruleset, I thought I'd give MoreCore a try. The addition of the rolls is great and once I understood how it works, I think it will work with Ubiquity really well.

The point of my post, is that I started using the /successes roll (as ubiquity is a dice pool game) but found the successes were not in the result but in the text; meaning they could not be dragged and dropped to the combat tracker (was also difficult to not look at the result rather than the smaller "successes=n" but that might just be me.

This is no a big thing with ubiquity, although it would be cool to have a feature that presented the success in the result rather than the die total.

I did find a perfectly good workaround for any one who may be interested. As ubiquity is a binary dice pool AND I can roll a D2 in MoreCore, then:

/die nd2-n will give you the successes in the result (n is the same value), for example:

/die 4d2-4
/die 2d2-2

Very simple, number of die = the number of the modifier. Maybe one of the other roll options would work and I have just missed it.

Joe B

Trenloe
September 13th, 2017, 15:16
@joeblack1863 - you can turn off the roll total in the campaign options. See Chat: Show roll totals here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Options

Changing the total to reflect successes is a good idea. I'll have to think about the implications of that, in case it causes other issues...

joeblack1863
September 13th, 2017, 15:56
Thanks Trenloe,

I'll check that out, really enjoying using morecore by the way!

The Scriven One
September 18th, 2017, 09:20
I have an odd request. The system I'm using uses a variant on roll and keep.

You might roll 5d10, and take the *optimal* die as your base, and add +1 for each die that meets or exceeds your base to find a Total. This means that if you rolled (4, 8,8,9 10) your optimal result would be 11, rather than 10, with standard roll and keep. You'd choose 8 as your base, and add +1 for the other 8, the 9, and the 10.

So far I'm just using /orderresult to make things easier for players, but it would be amazing to have FG autocalculate a Total. Is that too much work? No worries if it is, this post is a long shot.

If you need a name for the mechanic it would be "Tribute Focus Trust". Tribute's my generic RPG toolkit that lets you build game mechanics from parts.

Wargamer777
September 18th, 2017, 18:36
v1.40 released - download available in post #1.

Bugfix for rollunder.
Added rollundersmod and rollunderdmod, where the modifier box adjusts the success level or number of dice rolled, respectively. Added (Target = #) to result report.
rollunder: modifier box adjusts the success level target. Added (Target = #) to result report.
edies: modifier box adjusts the success level target.
GM can now edit the "Order" field in the Combat Tracker.

YEAH! Thanks Trenloe, this is much appreciated!!

Tel Arin
October 19th, 2017, 12:32
Greetings! First of all give you thanks for the rulsets! It's amazing

I use MoreCore + MCPendragon theme to run a Ars Magica campaign, and I have some issues.

The ruleset shows me several bugs related to the effects.
When I drop an effect on a character that is inside the combat tracker, it shows me this error:

Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_effect.lua"]:43: attempt to index global 'targeting_add_button' (a nil value)

After, if I click on the effects of the combat tracker (the silhouette of a man), shows this other error:

Ruleset Error: window: Control(label) anchoring to an undefined control (leftanchor) in windowclass (ct_effect)

I have reviewed the rolls that come in the ruleset, but there is nothing that will help me for the Ars magica stress roll

"For a stress roll, roll a ten-sided die. One and zero have special meanings, but the other numbers count for their value, as normal. On a roll of one, roll again and double the number rolled. If the re-roll is also a one, roll again and quadruple. On second and subsequent rolls, a zero counts as ten. If a player rolled ten consecutive ones, the number rolled on the eleventh throw would be multiplied by 1024. Stress die totals in the hundreds are likely to happen a handful of times in a long-running saga. On the first roll, zero counts as zero, and you must normally roll for a botch. Roll a number of ten-sided dice determined by the situation, called the “botch dice,” and if any of them show a zero, you have botched. If you roll no zeroes on the botch dice, the die roll is simply a zero."

Could you enter that roll in the ruleset?

Thanks!

damned
October 19th, 2017, 12:46
Hello Tel Arin,

I am always pleased to see MoreCore being used and especially for additional game systems.

I am sorry but I have not implemented Effects in any way in MoreCore so they have no mechanical value but they may still be used to apply labels like Poisoned, Entangled etc but there is no support for modifying rolls via effects. Effects would require additional coding and checking on every roll so it is unlikely to ever get implemented in MoreCore.

For your second query - no promises, Im no good at exploding dice... but Ill give it a go...

Are stress rolls always 1d10?
If I roll a 2-9 what should it output? Eg: 4 Stress Point Loss, Tel Arin loses 6 Stress Points, other...
If I roll a 0 then I roll 10d10 and if any of d1, d2, d3... d10 = 0 then I report what? Tel Arin botched the attempt, other...
If I roll a 0 then I roll 10d10 and none of d1, d2, d3... d10 = 0 then I report what?
If I roll a 1, roll another 1d10 (store 2), if I roll another 1 (store 2x2) and roll another 1d10, if I roll another 1 (store 2x2x2) and roll another 1d10. On the first non 1 multiply the result by the stored value (2, 4, 8, 16, 32 etc). Report what? What happens if I roll a 1 followed by a 0? Does that result in 0? How do I report that? Edit - just re-read the 0 would count as 10

damned
October 19th, 2017, 14:25
Ahhh - I see the effects error. I have fixed that but it wont be available until the next version of MoreCore maybe 1 month...

Teotimus
October 19th, 2017, 14:41
Since I'm also quite interested in seeing the Ars Magica mechanics implemented in MoreCore:

Are stress rolls always 1d10?
Yes, stress rolls are always d10.

If I roll a 2-9 what should it output? Eg: 4 Stress Point Loss, Tel Arin loses 6 Stress Points, other...
2-9 are read as standard results. They are added to a Skill/Attribute for a dice total, so ideally the output should be just the roll or the roll + Skill/Attribute (if it's possible).

If I roll a 0 then I roll 10d10 and if any of d1, d2, d3... d10 = 0 then I report what? Tel Arin botched the attempt, other...
Ideally, the output should be something similar to "XXX botched the roll", stating the number of 0s. So, if two 0s were rolled, it should be: "Tel Arin botched the roll (2 0s)", or similar.

If I roll a 0 then I roll 10d10 and none of d1, d2, d3... d10 = 0 then I report what?
In this case (there are not 0s in the botch roll), the first 0 in the original roll is considered just a 0, and does not add anything to the roll (so, it's just the same as 2-9, above).

Hope that this helps!

Tel Arin
October 20th, 2017, 12:27
Since I'm also quite interested in seeing the Ars Magica mechanics implemented in MoreCore:

Yes, stress rolls are always d10.

2-9 are read as standard results. They are added to a Skill/Attribute for a dice total, so ideally the output should be just the roll or the roll + Skill/Attribute (if it's possible).

Ideally, the output should be something similar to "XXX botched the roll", stating the number of 0s. So, if two 0s were rolled, it should be: "Tel Arin botched the roll (2 0s)", or similar.

In this case (there are not 0s in the botch roll), the first 0 in the original roll is considered just a 0, and does not add anything to the roll (so, it's just the same as 2-9, above).

Hope that this helps!

Thank you for clarifying it.

damned
October 20th, 2017, 13:58
Hola Martin153

I realised tonight that while I was away there were many posts on MoreCore that i never saw...

Did you get what you need for Traveller?
Without speaking out of turn... you might be in for a pleasant surprise in a month or three...

damned
October 20th, 2017, 14:03
Hola kuthulu

I play a bit of Dungeon World on MoreCore.
As vodokar and others have mentioned - Attacks was one of the earliest features of MoreCore.
Once we worked out how to do Rolls (many, many thanks to ianmward for his invaluable help on that) we were able to add many more types of rolls.
Getting them onto the Combat Tracker (for NPCs) in my opinion means that Attacks are quite probably redundant in many systems... They can still be useful as the dice output is of type Damage which means that damage can be dragged onto the CT which is very useful.

So I mostly use /pbta and /mod rolls in Dungeon World.
Effects have not been implemented in MoreCore and likely never will. Way too much programming and too many exceptions etc.
Players have to remember some things themselves...

Did you have any other questions about Dungeon World on MoreCore?

damned
October 20th, 2017, 14:08
Hey Jay_NOLA Im terrible at exploding dice. There is another type of Feng Shui dice used in Jay_NOLA that is part of MoreCore already.

As baufrin suggests coin tosses can be approximated with /die 6d2-6 or whatever number you need...

damned
October 20th, 2017, 14:10
Wookiee420 I dont know if you saw the Mutant Year Zero extension and theme but that includes pretty good support already for that system.
You can also add the MY0 extension to MoreCore for further options.

damned
October 20th, 2017, 14:19
Hi Arion the current Rolls feature doesnt have any way to support a reducing pool.
You might see that the Hero Points and Spells have a way to decrement.
Its possible to build an extension that uses this Use and Decrement process but it wouldnt be Rolls.
It would not be that hard I dont think...
Its pretty much what I was thinking about doing for a GumShoe extension to MoreCore but that wont be for a while as i have so many overdue things... a couple of themes I owe some others and some more Cthulhu that has been begun and some other bits and pieces that will remain nameless for now...

You could even look at the Hero Points for 5e extension that can be used for Bardic Inspiration - the player can change the dice that is rolled... you could alter that part to always roll the 2d6 and to compare to Luck and then to decrement... I think it would be fairly easy... Most of it is done for you in the Hero Points for 5e extension - grab that extra code and use it in place of the existing Hero Points code and modify the roll behavior to suit...

damned
October 20th, 2017, 14:24
Hi victorsena13

As annoying as the sort problem you are facing is, far and away it is easier to find things in a list when they are sorted and alphabetically and numerically are the two sort orders our brains understand easiest.
It could be changed but I shant because in most cases the behaviour is desirable... sorry.

It could be setup that Defence and Health can be changed from the Combat tracker. If you download the current 1.40 build the good trenloe has updated the code to allow the Order to be adjusted on the CT.
I will have a think about whether i would like this behaviour to happen for health and defence too... generally, in most systems, these will not change during combat. Health changes by adding Wounds. Defence tends to be static.

damned
October 20th, 2017, 14:32
hi mozmonar and timdog88

Create rolls on the PC sheet or on the Rolls Library and drag to the PC sheets.
Bane would look like: /bane 2d6
Boon would look like: /boon 2d10
(or whatever - I canna remember SotDL mechanics right now)
and the output will store itself in the first modifier slot.
Multiple modifiers can be stacked.

I read somewhere that someones /mod Rolls modifiers were getting stuck. There is a bug somewhere that causes this but I havent found it. generally restarting that client will clear it.

damned
October 20th, 2017, 14:41
Hi Justov

As others have pointed out there is no way for MoreCore - being generic - to know how to calculate a hit or miss.
Some rolls like the /thaco 1d20+2x15 will report what maximum AC it would have hit (old school D&D and Descending AC) or /pbta 2d6 will report Success, Failure, Success with Cost because the target numbers are fixed... comparing to a column on the CT... there are too many differing ways the many different systems use.

damned
October 20th, 2017, 14:43
hi Art Wendorf in the next version of MoreCore (sometime in November) I have included a Stunt Die for Dragon/Fantasy Age.
Its usage is /stunt +# and it will roll 2 black and one red and will calculate Stunt dice points if any.

damned
October 20th, 2017, 14:46
Thanks again to Trenloe for addressing the points raised by badula and Wargamer777.

joeblack1863 I think the method you are using looks functional - do you see the need for additional support?

damned
October 20th, 2017, 14:49
Hi there The Scriven One

Could you perhaps work out what the dice string syntax would look and the resultant roll for all the main types of rolls/results?
Im not really following your explanation.
It does look like it should be ok to add in there - so long as there are no exploding dice - I cant do those...

damned
October 20th, 2017, 14:50
And finally... I see that Teotimus has been lurking the whole time I have been replying to these other posts... and I am sure he is hoping for some news on the Stress roll... but I dont have any news for you as yet...

Teotimus
October 20th, 2017, 14:56
And finally... I see that Teotimus has been lurking the whole time I have been replying to these other posts... and I am sure he is hoping for some news on the Stress roll... but I dont have any news for you as yet...
No problem at all! Ars is a tough game to adapt to FG, and not just because the mechanics... I can wait!

Waldbaer
October 20th, 2017, 19:39
Damned,

*wow* that was a long way of replies. I am almost breathless just by watching it :)

midomidi2013
October 27th, 2017, 22:02
Yeah, this is amazing work. Good on ya!

Rosco
November 13th, 2017, 15:16
Would this be something I would or could use to create a Ruleset for Zombicide.

LordEntrails
November 13th, 2017, 16:27
Would this be something I would or could use to create a Ruleset for Zombicide.
Generally yes. You will have to go through the documentation and see if their are all the die rolls that you need (though you can always roll individual die and manually follow through with the next thing like you do at the table, i.e. exploding dice). And then if their are other die mechanics/rolls that such a system would need you can either create the die rolls yourself in an extension, or post the precise details of what that die mechanic/roll is and someone here will probably help you out and create it for you.

As for character sheet, you can create your own using this ruleset. And if you want, you can even create a theme with custom graphics for the button and backgrounds etc.

Rosco
November 13th, 2017, 19:07
Thank you so very much It’s unfortunate that I most likely will not be able to share this but I am very much looking forward to making this a module I can use with my group

damned
November 14th, 2017, 00:43
Thank you so very much It’s unfortunate that I most likely will not be able to share this but I am very much looking forward to making this a module I can use with my group

You can share Character Sheets and Rolls. You cant share verbatim blocks of text. You cant share product identity - names of people and places that are unique to a product. So you can share a module of Rolls etc but not the other notes/story content that you might have entered.

Rosco
November 14th, 2017, 11:02
Since this is a game that only uses d6 and damage is static from one to three based on the weapon is this customizable to remove blocks that aren’t needed “the look” of the character sheet?

damned
November 14th, 2017, 12:53
Of course.

Rosco
November 17th, 2017, 11:41
Is it possible to do a roll that will say roll 1d6 4 or higher is a success and that equals 1 damage.

damned
November 17th, 2017, 12:16
Is it possible to do a roll that will say roll 1d6 4 or higher is a success and that equals 1 damage.

Sure... But you have to write it...

Im sure there is more to the roll than that one outcome...

What happens if you roll a 1? a 5 or a 6?

What would you call the roll?

What would its syntax be?

Andraax
November 17th, 2017, 13:23

From this description, it's just [1d2-1].

Rosco
November 17th, 2017, 14:10
1-3 is a fail and no damage is caused 4-6 causes 1 damage

LordEntrails
November 17th, 2017, 16:15
1-3 is a fail and no damage is caused 4-6 causes 1 damage
So it's 50/50, just use the 1d2-1 roll Andraax suggested.

You would only need a special roll if the "target" number changed or their are bonuses/penalties or something else to the roll.

Rosco
November 17th, 2017, 17:12
Thanks ��

damned
November 17th, 2017, 22:59
Mechanically /die 1d2-1 is the same however in FG terms its not the whole story because most rolls are not damage rolls and the OP has requested that it do 1 point of damage.
So Id be using /damage 1d2-1
Or Id write a roller for it that still throws the d6 so you still get the same feel... that is of course more work...

Rosco
November 18th, 2017, 17:24
So I tried using /damage 1d2-1 and that kind of works. If it rolls a one then it gives a zero for no damage. I will have to roll again until one appears. Either way nothing happens in the CT to the NPC when the roll happens. Does morecore not support damage?

damned
November 19th, 2017, 01:55
Hi Rosco - MoreCore is a generic ruleset without much automation. Your system might apply damage directly while another might have Damage Reduction from Armour and another might split damage into Damage and Subdual Damage etc. MoreCore doesnt automate this area because it cannot know how to accommodate every system.
You can absolutely build an extension - there is a number of MoreCore extensions already and some make some big changes to the Character Sheets, it would be entirely possible to do the same and also allow damage rolls to apply automatically but it would require coding.

GunnarGreybeard
November 19th, 2017, 10:35
Just noticed there is a newer version out from the one I have . . . time to go download. :-)

Rosco
November 21st, 2017, 23:01

This is what i am trying to create

I made this with photoshop and have been working on working with the coding to do this but I am so lost any help would be greatly appreciated

damned
November 22nd, 2017, 00:30
I would start with the Pendragon theme.
Copy the contents into a new folder and then start with the extension.xml and work your way thru
There is almost zero value (and some significant work) in moving Notes, Inventory and abilities. Leave them where they are.
Rolls is already there.
You need to look at how Pendragon has replaced the spell frame of the standard MoreCore with another element and and then work out how you are going to code the (health?) bar and what its functional requirements are going to be.
Its going to require coding...

Rosco
November 22nd, 2017, 00:50
The large graphic in the center is actually a tracker for your do at each color is the next level. I will take a look at what you suggested thank you

joeblack1863
November 22nd, 2017, 07:11
joeblack1863 I think the method you are using looks functional - do you see the need for additional support?

Hi Damned,

I don't know how popular Ubiquity is but a lot of people seem to like it. Adding the dice roll to MoreCore would be useful as it would cover all the Ubiquity settings and may help.

damned
November 22nd, 2017, 07:26
Hi joeblack1863 can you tell me exactly what you would like to achieve?

joeblack1863
November 22nd, 2017, 08:22
From one of the rulesets "The Ubiquity system uses dice to resolve challenges and determine the success or failure of an action. This is done by rolling a number of dice and counting how many of them roll an even number. Each die that rolls an even number is considered a success. the more successes rolled, the better the outcome of the action."

Very simple and I found I could emulate this in MoreCore by using "/die nd2-n" This will give you the successes in the result (n is the same value for both entries). For example, roll 4 dice would be "/die 4d2-4".

The successes should be in the Text (like the /conan roll does it)

damned
November 22nd, 2017, 09:15
Hi joeblack1863 are there ever modifiers applied?
Basically you would like it to say something like: JoeBlack uses Longlife: 3 Successes
How do you determine how many dice to roll?
Is there a target success number or does that modify the story - lots of successes mean you succeed in more fun ways?

Rosco
November 25th, 2017, 11:06
After some research and some trial and error I have begun to understand how to do this. Thank you for your direction I am headed the right way. I will have the complete collection of Zombicide seasons 1-3 and the expansions when I’m done. I am using the card deck extension as my only extension to keep it simple. Most of the work is adding all the info.

damned
November 25th, 2017, 13:06
Hi Rosco There is also a (wip) MoreCore theme for Blades in the Dark out there.
Im hoping to get some feedback on it before i do any more work on it but it has a new feature (need to enable in Library) called Clocks.
Now clocks arent what you need but you might get some tips or see something in there that might work for your tracker...

Rosco
November 26th, 2017, 02:44
I like the way the clock idea works. The tracking in zombicide is player kept and what ever player has the highest is what determines the zombie spawns. I will look into that further and see if it can be adapted further to use as the gm or each player. Good stuff. I am going to start my own forum to show my progress so I don’t fill up your pages :-) but I will most definitely seek your expertise and thank you

damned
November 26th, 2017, 03:30
In the Clocks you will want to look for some code that (IIRC) uses isHost() - that is how you allow different rights for the GM to interact/use the tool.
As you will be doing this on the CharSheet which is a node the player owns they will be able to manipulate the track (which is what you want).
If changing the track value should be kept secret then nothing else needs doing.
If changes should be broadcast to everyone have a look at HeroPoints or SpellPoints and see how they write to the ChatWindow -or- look at the Party Sheet and add another Tab there and each player would have a track there and all players tracks would be on the same page for everyone to see.

joeblack1863
November 27th, 2017, 19:43
Hi joeblack1863 are there ever modifiers applied?
Basically you would like it to say something like: JoeBlack uses Longlife: 3 Successes
How do you determine how many dice to roll?
Is there a target success number or does that modify the story - lots of successes mean you succeed in more fun ways?

Modifiers are only in die. So you modify your roll by increasing or decreasing your die pool.

The example you give is perfect.

Ubiquity is quite simple in this way the number of successes above that required just make the success greater for skills:
Successes vs. Difficulty Degree of Success or Failure
+5 or more Amazing Success
+4 Exceptional Success
+3 Major Success
+2 Complete Success
+1 Simple Success
0 Minor Success
-1 Simple Failure
-2 Complete Failure
-3 Pitiful Failure
-4 Dreadful Failure
-5 or more Abysmal Failure
(Taken from the HEX rules)

In combat it creates more damage (1 point for every success above that required).

damned
November 28th, 2017, 00:05
How do I know how many dice to roll?
Do I have (example) a strength of 3 and I roll 3 dice?
Do I have (example) a strength of 3 and an item that grants +1 dice so I roll 4 dice?
Do I have (example) a strength of 3 and an item that grants +1 dice and a situational advantage granting me another so I roll 5 dice?

How do you get negative successes?
Are you counting the number of successes against a difficulty/target number?
Target #2, roll 5 dice, 1 success actually means a Simple Failure?

If you want something like this built you have to provide all the information.
Providing half the info and then having me build something incorrect frustrates me a lot...

MoreCore has no opposed rolls or ability to measure against a moving/floating/variable target.
This means it is not possible to report the outcome using those descriptions above.
If I dont know whether the Target # is 1 or 4 I cant declare the final result.

Does that make sense?

joeblack1863
November 28th, 2017, 12:05
Hi Damned,

I think this has veered off track. I think you believe you need more detailed information and I have to say I have not helped by my replies.

The ubiquity die roll is really simple. If I were able to create it the format would be:

/ubi nd6, where n = the number of die to roll.

Inside the code, I would then simply roll the number of die indicated and count all those that rolled a even number. That is the number of successes to present in the text.

There is no crit or fumble. I should not have sent the table in the last post as that confused things.

JB

damned
November 28th, 2017, 12:36
Hi joeblack1863 sorry to labour the point.
I understand that part of the roll.

How do I know how many dice to roll?
Do I have (example) a strength of 3 and I roll 3 dice?
Do I have (example) a strength of 3 and an item that grants +1 dice so I roll 4 dice?
Do I have (example) a strength of 3 and an item that grants +1 dice and a situational advantage granting me another so I roll 5 dice?

How do I record this on the Character sheet?
Do you have Attributes?
Are they rollable?
Do you have equipment that is used to make rolls?
Does the equipment have its own roll or does it modify the attribute roll?
Skills?
Situational Modifiers?

These are important questions.
Eg if you want to roll from your character sheet or NPC sheet or combat tracker you dont want to be typing /ubi 4d6
You want to click on Attack and have it roll /ubi 4d6 for you
You want to click on Pulse Weapon and have it roll /ubi 6d6
You want to click on Marksman and have it add +1 modifier and then click on Pulse Weapon and then it will roll /ubi 7d6
You want to click on Marksman and have it add +1 modifier and then click on Surprise and have it add +1 modifier and then click on Pulse Weapon and then it will roll /ubi 8d6

Andraax
November 28th, 2017, 14:36
Inside the code, I would then simply roll the number of die indicated and count all those that rolled a even number. That is the number of successes to present in the text.

This die roll can be accomplished with "/die nd2-n" for any number of n.

joeblack1863
November 28th, 2017, 22:52
Absolutely. Check back to my previous posts and you will see I already use this and recommended it as an alternative. Also using this method, the number of successes is displayed as the die result (the little grey number after the die) if you use it raw in Fantasy Grounds.

joeblack1863
November 28th, 2017, 22:54
Hi Damned,

1. How do I know how many dice to roll?
Skills - The same number as your skill level in the appropriate skill. If my skill level is 3 in athletics then I roll 3d6.
Combat - Same level as your combat skill (Ranged attack= Athletics (Throw), Firearms, Gunnery), Brawl Attack = Brawl, Melee Attack = Melee. The weapon you use will add bonus die to this.
Example: Patrick Steele has a base skill of 7 in Firearms. He is firing a heavy revolver which gives him a bonus of 3. Ignoring range, visibility or wound modifiers he would roll 10d6 (7 for skill plus 3 for weapon).

2. How do I record this on the Character sheet?
I just use your Rolls for adding the Skills, weapons rolls and drop them on the Morecore sheet.
To be honest, all those other questions I was not thinking about as everything works off the same die pool system. I actually added a set of Basic Rolls to the MoreCore sheet. Roll 1d6 to 14d6 so I can just calculate out the die and then press the appropriate roll (using my /die nd2-n method).
I don't bother with the Attacks section, I personally don't find a need for it for Ubiquity.

3. Do you have Attributes?
Yes, skills are made up from that base attribute plus any level obtained in the skill. So Firearms has a base attribute of Dexterity plus the skill level. In the example above Patrick Steele has a Dexterity of 3 and 4 levels of Firearm skill. His skill level in Firearms is 7.

I would add a picture of the Patrick Steel character showing the entries I use, but I don't seem to find an option to upload pics any more (used to be able to in the past).

GunnarGreybeard
November 30th, 2017, 15:32
I am sorry but I have not implemented Effects in any way in MoreCore so they have no mechanical value but they may still be used to apply labels like Poisoned, Entangled etc but there is no support for modifying rolls via effects. Effects would require additional coding and checking on every roll so it is unlikely to ever get implemented in MoreCore.
Hmm, that's a big obstacle but the ability to use an Effect label is definitely helpful for reference purposes.

Is there a way then to make modifiers semi permanent (toggleble Off when they 'expire') so that a player/GM does not have to keep manually re-applying all the different modifiers they could conceivably have each time they need to make a roll to simulate an Effect being in place? If not, any idea on how to best simulate this with the least amount of manual involvement?

Trenloe
November 30th, 2017, 16:38
Hmm, that's a big obstacle but the ability to use an Effect label is definitely helpful for reference purposes.

Effects would need to be programmed into each individual dice roll handler - so if you have a specific set of effects you wanted, for a specific dice roll handler, then you could look into setting that up yourself.

Damned already has his work cut out trying to keep up with all the different dice rolls people want without trying to then cater for effects for all of those dice rolls.

GunnarGreybeard
November 30th, 2017, 22:04
Yeah, completely understand. Just thinking out loud mainly, making sure I know what I am going to have to work with before putting too much data entry work in and having to redo it all again later.

damned
December 1st, 2017, 01:26
Is there a way then to make modifiers semi permanent (toggleble Off when they 'expire') so that a player/GM does not have to keep manually re-applying all the different modifiers they could conceivably have each time they need to make a roll to simulate an Effect being in place? If not, any idea on how to best simulate this with the least amount of manual involvement?

If its a common set of conditions just create the roll with them included.
You might end up with 2 or 3 attack rolls for the same weapon and the player just uses the one that is setup right for that situation.
Otherwise in many cases its not that bad - click mod 1, mod4, mod5 and roll.
It isnt very time consuming and it has the advantage of stacking the description too.

Effects would need to be programmed into each individual dice roll handler - so if you have a specific set of effects you wanted, for a specific dice roll handler, then you could look into setting that up yourself.

Damned already has his work cut out trying to keep up with all the different dice rolls people want without trying to then cater for effects for all of those dice rolls.

Yep - I have zero interest in attempting to code effects for MoreCore. Thats a rabbithole Im not going near.

I am thinking of having a very basic Combat Option with three settings - Off, Over, Under
If you select Over and you drag your attack roll on to the target it will calculate hit or miss based on your roll and whether its equal or higher than the Defence...
If you select Under it will do the same thing but based on equal or lower than the defence.

even that has more granularity required... should it be Off, Over, Equal/Over, Under, Equal/Under

Im not sure how many game systems could benefit from that... but Im mulling over it...

GunnarGreybeard
December 1st, 2017, 13:46
If its a common set of conditions just create the roll with them included.
You might end up with 2 or 3 attack rolls for the same weapon and the player just uses the one that is setup right for that situation.
Otherwise in many cases its not that bad - click mod 1, mod4, mod5 and roll.
It isnt very time consuming and it has the advantage of stacking the description too.

Yep - I have zero interest in attempting to code effects for MoreCore. Thats a rabbithole Im not going near.
No problems there. The current mods setup does work and I really like the descriptive text that is added to the roll explaining what each of the mods are for. It will probably come down to players becoming familiar with the interface and how best to arrange it for them to make the process quicker. Players also usually have more free screen real-estate than GM's so I may need to spend some time looking at it from their perspective and see how "cluttered" the mod menu would really be.

I am thinking of having a very basic Combat Option with three settings - Off, Over, Under
If you select Over and you drag your attack roll on to the target it will calculate hit or miss based on your roll and whether its equal or higher than the Defence...
If you select Under it will do the same thing but based on equal or lower than the defence.

even that has more granularity required... should it be Off, Over, Equal/Over, Under, Equal/Under

Im not sure how many game systems could benefit from that... but Im mulling over it...
Well, I doubt it would be something useful in the games I'm currently working with so don't count me as a "I'd like to see that" vote". :D

Rosco
December 2nd, 2017, 12:01
Is there a wysiwyg editor that can be used to create and edit the ruleset?

Bidmaron
December 2nd, 2017, 13:06
No, Rosco. Nor is there one under development, and there is never likely to be one. This would be an enormous undertaking. Rulesets (the good ones) are enormously detailed, and you need a serious programming language to do something serious. Not even Microsoft has wysiwyg editors and uses their visual studio development, which is far from wysiwyg.

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are asking, but I doubt it.

Creating a ruleset is not for the faint of heart. There have been some who tackled it without a programming background, but most come to it with at least an understanding of scripting languages and the fundamentals of programming (boolean logic, parameters, etc).

Rosco
December 2nd, 2017, 17:11
Just checking. Yes that answers my question. I am making my way just thought I would see if there was anything more straightforward visually to help.

damned
December 2nd, 2017, 22:41
After using Find in Files my next best tip for you when programming is this:

type /reload in chat and dont hit enter. Drag it to the F1 key.
type /console in chat and dont hit enter. Drag it to the F2 key.

After you make some changes to your code, press F1 and then press F2 to get a quick reload and debug of your code.

Yskonyn
December 8th, 2017, 10:13
Is there a way to easily load MoreCore, but with the standard theme of FG? Thanks!

damned
December 8th, 2017, 11:32
Is there a way to easily load MoreCore, but with the standard theme of FG? Thanks!

No Im sorry there is not.
I had to create a few new windows and so I created a whole new theme.
You can certainly build an extension to undo many/most of the MoreCore theme elements but you will have quite a few MoreCore items still which will jar with the base theme.

Yskonyn
December 8th, 2017, 11:49
Thanks for the quick response!
A more fantasy themed layout would have been nice as an option, but I am sure you're a busy individual. :)
Thanks for MoreCore!

damned
December 8th, 2017, 12:02
Have you tried the Winter theme for MoreCore?
I think Ive posted it here somewhere...

joeblack1863
December 11th, 2017, 14:08
@Damned,

Found this lua file in morecore\scripts in MoreCore:

manager_custom_ubiquity.lua

I tried it "/ubiquity 4d6 4", gave me the successes.

damned
December 12th, 2017, 02:48
Hi joeblack1863... it appears that was done back in March but never completed as I didnt have the full detail on how it should work so it was left undocumented.
I have now updated that so it will take modifiers and increase (or decrease) the amount of dice thrown.
It will be available in the next release along with Stunt Dice and a Roll Low dice mechanic for Traveller and a half dozen rolls for the Bethica RPG game system.

meguido
December 19th, 2017, 14:30
Hello,
I'm french and small english langage huhu
Is it possible to configure a dice string to roll 1d100 <= Valor (exp : Attributes, ability, etc) is a Success and > valor is a failure and
Success critical 01 to 05 and Failure critical 96 to 00
Help me !!!
thank

damned
December 20th, 2017, 12:02
Hello,
I'm french and small english langage huhu
Is it possible to configure a dice string to roll 1d100 <= Valor (exp : Attributes, ability, etc) is a Success and > valor is a failure and
Success critical 01 to 05 and Failure critical 96 to 00
Help me !!!
thank

welcome meguido

so something like:

Persuasion
/valor 1d100>48

And it outputs something like:
Meguido uses persuasion: 55 Success
Meguido uses persuasion: 48 Success
Meguido uses persuasion: 47 Failure
Meguido uses persuasion: 99 Critical Success

What is the system so I can build a button for it too..?

JML
December 20th, 2017, 22:12
If it's "Rêve de Dragon" as I guess it is, I'm beginning to work on a full ruleset because I'm afraid things are quite more complex regarding critical successes and failures! You've got several degrees of success and failure and they depend on the normal success threshold… well, it's even worse in fact : there's a whole formula to compute them all and in the paper game a precalculated table is printed on the the character sheet. The point is you won't use it for anything else than this game.

Not even talking about all other game system details which are all specifically designed and never seen elsewhere. Great game nonetheless. You can find an english version here. (https://www.malcontentgames.com/)

It was created by a fan, but I think never did get any success in US. May be because it was presented in what I consider a clumsy way and did not really do justice to the universe and mood of the game.

Anyway, I must get in touch with Scriptarium, who I think has the french license by now, to see what's going to be legal or not on FG.

damned
December 21st, 2017, 05:49
Welcome JML

About half of the rolls in MoreCore will probably only be used for their respective game systems :)

In terms of building a ruleset - you dont need anyones permission to build a ruleset without content. Game rules and game mechanics may not be copy protected (bizarrely). Any flavoured content (names, places etc that are unique to the game) and copying text verbatim are prohibited. To build a ruleset with reference material you can look at what the Star Wars guys have done or you need to get an agreement between the rights holder and SmiteWorks.

JML
December 21st, 2017, 06:39
Thanks for your answer concerning legal mater. I already searched the forum for this kind of informations and did find them.

Anyway, first I know french and US law differ a lot on this mater. There's no such thing as copyright in french law, but what could be roughly translated as "author's rights" which are divided between "moral" and "commercial" rights. Moral rights are forever held by authors who get a say in the way you use what they created, even if they don't get paid for it.

Second, as any fan I'd really like to be able to use not only official text but also illustrations, as I've got great respect for the talented artists who did them.

In the end I've got to get in touch with the company, who I know is a bunch of quite open minded people. If the answer's "no", at least I'd gave it a try :p

JML
December 21st, 2017, 06:46
Final point, if meguido is really looking for Rêve de Dragon rolls, I'm going to create them in the coming weeks and will be glad to give them for MoreCore.

damned
December 21st, 2017, 08:03
Final point, if meguido is really looking for Rêve de Dragon rolls, I'm going to create them in the coming weeks and will be glad to give them for MoreCore.

Well in that case JML I shall most certainly let you do it.
There are two types of roll examples in MoreCore.
The ones in /scripts are the better ones to base your rolls off.
Holler if you get stuck.

FSHSchmo
December 31st, 2017, 18:59
I have been using the MoreCore ruleset to run my SotDL games but I really would love to work on a custom ruleset made just for SotDL. Can anybody suggest a few post (I looked but couldnt find it right off the bat) on how one would begin working on this.

damned
December 31st, 2017, 23:13
Hi FSHSchmo

Extract MoreCore and extract 5e and extract CoreRPG and extract any other ruleset that has features of appearance or dice rolling or interface etc that you think you might borrow for SotDL.
Get a tool like Notepad++ and use its find in files feature.
Start with something you do know - maybe the label on the field on the character sheet and search for that.
In there you will find that the definition of that object/widget/whatever is partially defined in multiple locations so more find in files.

Start with a super basic ruleset incorporating only base.xml and understand how that works.
The add one file at a time adding and testing as you go.
Comment/document everything. You will forget stuff 3mins after you close the file.

drag /restart and /console to hotkeys as you will use these commands 1,000 times.

Dont forget to delete your unpacked rulesets after an update and then extract them again.

Trenloe has some links but I cant find them all...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Developer_Guide
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35531-Fantasy-Grounds-v3-X-CoreRPG-based-Actions-(dice-rolling)
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/community/Anatomy_of_a_Ruleset.pdf

Be patient. Dont expect to understand it quickly if you are not a programmer...

damned
January 1st, 2018, 12:47
MoreCore v1.41 is now uploaded.
Happy New Year.

Wookiee420
January 3rd, 2018, 22:37
Thank you for all your hard work!!!!!!!

Draeus
January 9th, 2018, 10:31
Can someone please help me with More Core?

I'm pretty new to using this rule-set and have been messing around to get a particular set of rules to work.

So far so good, it's just what I was looking for!

What I have noticed is that the modifier in the modifier box does not +/- from a roll made from one of the 6 MoreCore panels. It does however +/- from rolls made from the attack panel or base dice at the bottom of the screen.

I know you can add a modifier to the equation. But There are situation modifiers that are needed to be added to a single roll. Which we will need to use the modifier box for.

Am I doing something incorrectly? How do I get to use the modifier box with one of the skill or attribute rolls?

damned
January 9th, 2018, 11:34
Hi Draeus type /dicehelp or visit https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html for the various dice strings. You will see that many accept modifiers and many do not.
Now in saying that I have experienced (more than once) a glitch where modifiers either didnt roll or didnt clear until I reloaded (/reload) the session but I have been unable to track down what causes it.

The /mod roll is absolutely intended to be used to add to rolls - where they accept them.
Example: Dungeon World (and other PbtA games) will use this lots: +1 Strength, +1 Bond, /pbta Defy Danger

Please tell me what rolls you are trying to perform.

Draeus
January 10th, 2018, 09:00
Thank you Damned for getting back to me.

I have reloaded the rule set and am faced with the same issue.

The roll I am attempting to perform is /edie d6+d4 [This is set up as a skill on the character sheet with a bomb logo]

Then what ever modifiers are in the modifiers box [bottom left of screen]

When I press the bomb logo the dice roll and explode. But it does not take into account any modifiers entered into the modifier box. This is needed for cover, visibility etc penalties and bonuses.

damned
January 11th, 2018, 01:14
Hi Draeus you might notice no mention of modifier support for the /edie roll in the /dicehelp.
This generally means that modifiers are not supported by that roll.

To support modifiers will require a reworking of that code.
What system are you using this for?

Phystus
January 11th, 2018, 03:49
Hi Damned!

Did you finish up the ubiquity dice code you'd mentioned earlier for this version? I seem to recall you spoke of adding modifier support (to add or subtract dice from the dice pool) but I wasn't sure where that stood.

Thanks for you hard work on this ruleset!

~P

damned
January 11th, 2018, 05:00
Hi Damned!

Did you finish up the ubiquity dice code you'd mentioned earlier for this version? I seem to recall you spoke of adding modifier support (to add or subtract dice from the dice pool) but I wasn't sure where that stood.

Thanks for you hard work on this ruleset!

~P

I believe I have the Ubiquity roller working correctly.
It should be:
/ubiquity #d# and modifiers add additional dice to the pool.

But on testing just now on 3.3.4 I get script errors....
hmmm...

Rolling from the character sheet (eg using Rolls) works but from the command line Im getting an error...
It should be full functional for use because you would normally roll from the character sheet - I will look into the script error.

Draeus
January 11th, 2018, 13:47
Hi Draeus you might notice no mention of modifier support for the /edie roll in the /dicehelp.
This generally means that modifiers are not supported by that roll.

To support modifiers will require a reworking of that code.
What system are you using this for?

Hi Damned,

Thank you for your response.

It is for the LoR System. Which file do I need to adjust to re-work the code?

damned
January 11th, 2018, 13:59
Ive no idea what LoR represents.

/desktop/scripts/morecore_ikael_dicemechanics.lua

depending on exactly what else you do you may need to also modify:

\campaign\record_cas.xml
\common\scripts\morecore_rolls.lua

and

\desktop\scripts\dicehelp.lua
\mchelp.html

Draeus
January 11th, 2018, 14:11
Cheers Damned, all I want at this time is to have the modifiers apply to exploding die.

Once we got it up and running I can then concentrate on developing a full rule set for it.

I will look into those files.

My knowledge of scripting is mediocre, but I will see what I can do before asking for assistance.

Thank you for your help so far.

Phystus
January 13th, 2018, 01:20
I believe I have the Ubiquity roller working correctly.
It should be:
/ubiquity #d# and modifiers add additional dice to the pool.

But on testing just now on 3.3.4 I get script errors....
hmmm...

Rolling from the character sheet (eg using Rolls) works but from the command line Im getting an error...
It should be full functional for use because you would normally roll from the character sheet - I will look into the script error.

It works!

I get the script error too, but it works fine from the character sheet. So I should be good to go for a little Quantum Black.

Nice work! Thanks again!

~P

mlesnews
January 13th, 2018, 16:35
Hello,
I would like to install this for use with 5e. I looked over the help web page and have unpacked the *.pak file into a temp dir to see its contents. Based on that, I'm not entirely sure if I should just uncompress it directly into my fg data folder? I appreciate the work that went into this and apologize in advance if I'm overlooking how to install this. Thank you, and I look forward to your reply.

LordEntrails
January 13th, 2018, 17:29
Hello,
I would like to install this for use with 5e. I looked over the help web page and have unpacked the *.pak file into a temp dir to see its contents. Based on that, I'm not entirely sure if I should just uncompress it directly into my fg data folder? I appreciate the work that went into this and apologize in advance if I'm overlooking how to install this. Thank you, and I look forward to your reply.
Huh? What do you expect this to have that the 5E ruleset itself doesn't have? You will loose a great deal of automation if you use MoreCore for a 5E D&D game instead of using the 5E ruleset for a 5E D&D game.

Or, are you wanting to take some of the features of MoreCore, like the adaptable character sheet, out of MC and use in in 5E?

mlesnews
January 13th, 2018, 23:07
Ah... lose a lot of automation, that's not what I'm looking for. I was just curious about the addon (or I guess it's a replacement core), and what it did. It's not clear, to me at least, according to the documentation of how it is to be implemented (installed).

damned
January 13th, 2018, 23:17
Hi mlesnews
This is another ruleset.
FG ships with 5e, 4e, 3.5e, Pathfinder, Numenera and CoreRPG.
MoreCore is another ruleset like those above but is used for Game systems that dont have specific rulesets.
It is nowhere near as feature rich as 5e but is quite good at providing general functionality for other game systems.

mlesnews
January 13th, 2018, 23:49
Thanks Lord Entrails and Damned, I understand that 5e is indeed more feature rich than MoreCore. I was asking about how to install it but giving that I would lose functionality, I most likely will not. I was just curious as there was not installation documentation (that I saw). Thanks guys! :)

Hi mlesnews
This is another ruleset.
FG ships with 5e, 4e, 3.5e, Pathfinder, Numenera and CoreRPG.
This is another ruleset like those above but is used for Game systems that dont have specific rulesets.
It is nowhere near as feature rich as 5e but is quite good at providing general functionality for other game systems.

damned
January 13th, 2018, 23:57
It is a ruleset. You download it and place it in the /rulesets folder with all the other rulesets.
You can then access it by choosing Create New Campaign and MoreCore will be an option.

mlesnews
January 14th, 2018, 00:44
Alright, thank you. I didn't know where to unpack it, thanks for answering my question. Since I'm new, I'm exploring everything, seeing how everything works. :)

Andraax
January 14th, 2018, 00:51
Alright, thank you. I didn't know where to unpack it, thanks for answering my question. Since I'm new, I'm exploring everything, seeing how everything works. :)

You don't need to unpack it. Just put the .pak file into the rulesets folder with the others.

Trenloe
January 14th, 2018, 02:19
Info on installing the various FG files here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Data_Files_Overview

fingerback
January 22nd, 2018, 00:01
ok i am either blind or stupid. where the hell do i DL the morecore ruleset

Andraax
January 22nd, 2018, 00:05
Click the button labelled "<<First" at the bottom.

Talyn
January 22nd, 2018, 01:36
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21987&stc=1&d=1516584864

Click the left-most button that looks like two left-arrows (which I've highlighted here) to go to the first page where the download link resides.

mozmonar
January 22nd, 2018, 08:02
I'm attempting to use the Saving Throw die roll in my SotDL MoreCore game. SotDL has a save sort of mechanic called Challenge Rolls. The target number is always 10 (roll >=10 for success).

When I enter /saving 1d20>10 and click the roll button nothing happens.
When I enter /saving 1d20+5>10 and click the roll button nothing happens.

When I enter /sthrow 1d20>10 It rolls a d20 and compares it to the target number and reports success or failure
When I enter /sthrow 1d20+5>10 I get the following error.

Runtime Notice: s'sCurrentId1: ' | nil
Runtime Notice: s'portrait_token: ' | s'button_link'
Runtime Notice: s'sCurrentId: ' | nil
Runtime Notice: s'rActor: ' | { s'sType' = s'pc', s'sCreatureNode' = s'charsheet.id-00002', s'sCTNode' = s'combattracker.list.id-00002', s'sName' = s'Deeby' }
Runtime Notice: s'nodeWin: ' | databasenode = { charsheet.id-00002.clilist1.id-00001 }
Runtime Notice: s'myCliName: ' | s'1) Strength 15'
Runtime Notice: s'command: ' | s'/sthrow 1d20+5>10'
Runtime Notice: s'myCliCommand: ' | s'/sthrow 1d20+5>10'
Runtime Notice: s'sMydesc: ' | s'1) Strength 15'
Runtime Notice: s'Other!: ' | s'1d20+5>10 1) Strength 15'
Runtime Notice: s'sCommand3: ' | s'sthrow' | s'1d20+5>10 1) Strength 15'
Runtime Notice: s'sRollName: ' | s'1) Strength 15'
Runtime Notice: s'launching command: ' | s'sthrow' | nil | { s'sType' = s'pc', s'sCreatureNode' = s'charsheet.id-00002', s'sCTNode' = s'combattracker.list.id-00002', s'sName' = s'Deeby' } | s'1d20+5>10 1) Strength 15'
Runtime Notice: s'performAction: ' | nil | { s'sType' = s'pc', s'sCreatureNode' = s'charsheet.id-00002', s'sCTNode' = s'combattracker.list.id-00002', s'sName' = s'Deeby' } | s'1d20+5>10 1) Strength 15'
Runtime Notice: s'rRoll.sDesc: ' | s'1) Strength 15'
Runtime Notice: s'Preflightcheck: ' | s'1) Strength 15'
Runtime Notice: s'onRoll: ' | { s'sType' = s'pc', s'sCreatureNode' = s'charsheet.id-00002', s'sCTNode' = s'combattracker.list.id-00002', s'sName' = s'Deeby' } | nil | { s'aDice' = { }, s'nMod' = #0, s'sType' = s'sthrow', s'aDropped' = { }, s'sDesc' = s'Parameters not in correct format. Should be in the format of "#d#x#" ' }
Runtime Notice: s'onLanded: ' | { s'sType' = s'pc', s'sCreatureNode' = s'charsheet.id-00002', s'sCTNode' = s'combattracker.list.id-00002', s'sName' = s'Deeby' } | nil | { s'aDice' = { }, s'nMod' = #0, s'sType' = s'sthrow', s'aDropped' = { }, s'sDesc' = s'Parameters not in correct format. Should be in the format of "#d#x#" ' }
Runtime Notice: s'rRoll.nSave: ' | nil
Runtime Notice: s'rRoll.nMod: ' | #0
Runtime Notice: s'Save (dropresults): ' | nil
Runtime Notice: s'rRoll.aOp: ' | nil
Runtime Notice: s'rRoll.nMod 1a: ' | #0
Runtime Notice: s'sSaveResult: ' | s'Success'
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_custom_save.lua"]:185: attempt to concatenate field 'aSave' (a nil value)

I'm not sure if I am truly being dense and making some mistake here of if the /saving dice roller is broken

mozmonar
January 22nd, 2018, 08:28
Another issue that I have just noticed since updating to the most current MoreCore Pak...boon and bane rolls (/boon #d6 and /bane #d6) don't seem to clear out of the modifier box after rolling followup d20. They do seem to do so on the client/player side.

Trenloe
January 22nd, 2018, 14:51
When I enter /saving 1d20>10 and click the roll button nothing happens.
When I enter /saving 1d20+5>10 and click the roll button nothing happens.
A good test is to type these directly in the chat window. For any /saving entry the standard chat help comes up - this means that /saving is not a valid chat command in the ruleset.

When I enter /sthrow 1d20>10 It rolls a d20 and compares it to the target number and reports success or failure
When I enter /sthrow 1d20+5>10 I get the following error.
/sthrow doesn't accept a modifier in the dice string, it's a simple dice string only.

mozmonar
January 22nd, 2018, 15:39
A good test is to type these directly in the chat window. For any /saving entry the standard chat help comes up - this means that /saving is not a valid chat command in the ruleset.

/sthrow doesn't accept a modifier in the dice string, it's a simple dice string only.

This is from the second post on this thread updated earlier this month.

Saving Throw: /saving #d#+#<># (roll dice and equal or higher/lower for success)

/sthrow I found by Google search but likewise shows it taking a modifier.

Trenloe
January 22nd, 2018, 15:44
This is from the second post on this thread updated earlier this month.

/sthrow I found by Google search but likewise shows it taking a modifier.
Yes, I know. But this is not correct. I have looked in the code and it does not accept a modifier in the dice string - which is why you get an error if you include a modifier.

damned is not so proactive in updating his documentation! For example, there are two entries here for /sthrow: https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html#rolls One with modifiers (v1.36) and one without (v1.37) - the second is correct.

mozmonar
January 22nd, 2018, 15:56
Yes, I know. But this is not correct. I have looked in the code and it does not accept a modifier in the dice string - which is why you get an error if you include a modifier.

damned is not so proactive in updating his documentation! For example, there are two entries here for /sthrow: https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html#rolls One with modifiers (v1.36) and one without (v1.37) - the second is correct.

Ok. Well at least I'm not being dense as I feared. Wonder if it's possible to request this be changed. I'd feel.silly asking for a special /challenge roll since the /sthrow would work just as well...but taking mods would make it much easier.

damned
January 22nd, 2018, 18:40
Hi Guys,

The /dicehelp is incorrect - the throw was changed to /sthrow
Attached is the correct build of that file.
Replace the file in /scripts

LordEntrails
January 22nd, 2018, 20:57
ok i am either blind or stupid. where the hell do i DL the morecore ruleset
If you're forums style (bottom left corner of the webpage) is set to mobile you will not see the download links.

mozmonar
January 22nd, 2018, 21:31
Hi Guys,

The /dicehelp is incorrect - the throw was changed to /sthrow
Attached is the correct build of that file.
Replace the file in /scripts

Awesome that works. I was able to figure out enough of the lua to change the message [Saving Throw - Target...] to [Challenge Roll - Target...]. I tried copying the saving throw script to challenge and then changing the "sthrow" to "chall" in the hopes I could eventually work out how to just make /chall 1d20+/-# work since the target number in SotDL for challenge rolls is always 10 (the difficulty is adjusted by banes and boons not altering the target number). However, adding this file to the /scripts folder does not make /chall usable. Is there is simple way to explain how to make this happen? Unfortunately I am kind of neophyte to this sort of thing. I didn't want to bother anyone to make a custom dice roller for something that already basically works but I just can't work it out myself.

Trenloe
January 22nd, 2018, 21:40
However, adding this file to the /scripts folder does not make /chall usable. Is there is simple way to explain how to make this happen? Unfortunately I am kind of neophyte to this sort of thing. I didn't want to bother anyone to make a custom dice roller for something that already basically works but I just can't work it out myself.
Look in base.xml there will be a number of <script> entries that initiate the various .lua files. Info in script in the API reference guide here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/script.xcp

mozmonar
January 22nd, 2018, 23:12
Look in base.xml there will be a number of <script> entries that initiate the various .lua files. Info in script in the API reference guide here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/script.xcp

Awesome, thank you! I can't make enough sense of it (yet) to remove the variable for target number and set it as static 10. But this at least lets me make my custom /chall roll. Curiously, it does seem to default to target number 10 if you have no modifier on the roll (e.g. /chall 1d20) but if I put instead /chall 1d20+3 it errors out.

damned
January 23rd, 2018, 00:53
Please spell out exactly what you want it to do and say and Ill have a look at it.

mozmonar
January 23rd, 2018, 02:33
Please spell out exactly what you want it to do and say and Ill have a look at it.

Ok....In Shadow of the Demon Lord there is a mechanic that functions similar to Saving Throws. When checking to see whether or not you avoid or mitigate something you make a Challenge Roll. The target number is always 10. If the total of your d20 roll + attribute modifier (if any) is 10+ you succeed, 9 or less you fail. Boons and Banes are used for situational modifiers but seem to function in conjunction with this already

So ideally the roll would be /chall #d#+# and would evaluate whether the result was greater than or equal to 10 (Success) or less than 10 (Failure).

EDIT: As far as what it should say...
[Challenge Roll Success] # or [Challenge Roll Failure] # I suppose or something along those lines.

damned
January 23rd, 2018, 02:44
Ok....In Shadow of the Demon Lord there is a mechanic that functions similar to Saving Throws. When checking to see whether or not you avoid or mitigate something you make a Challenge Roll. The target number is always 10. If the total of your d20 roll + attribute modifier (if any) is 10+ you succeed, 9 or less you fail. Boons and Banes are used for situational modifiers but seem to function in conjunction with this already

So ideally the roll would be /chall #d#+# and would evaluate whether the result was greater than or equal to 10 (Success) or less than 10 (Failure).

EDIT: As far as what it should say...
[Challenge Roll Success] # or [Challenge Roll Failure] # I suppose or something along those lines.

Thanks. I shall have a look tonight.
Ill also post the filenames needed to edit this yourself.
And Im 100% behind people creating their own rolls - and sending them to me to include in the next build for everyone else to use :)

damned
January 23rd, 2018, 11:37
How does this look?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21995

The files that are needed to do this are:

\scripts\manager_custom_challenge.lua (new file)
\base.xml (include above file)
\campaign\record_cas.xml (add new roll handler)
\campaign\template_campaign.xml (add new definition for Rolls icon)
\graphics\graphics_icons.xml (add definition for challenge icon graphic)
\graphics\icons\button_challenge.png (new file)

If it looks ok Ill post a new MoreCore build by the end of the week.

Oh and that doco was updated 2 weeks ago - it just contained errors!

mozmonar
January 24th, 2018, 06:51
How does this look?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=21995

The files that are needed to do this are:

\scripts\manager_custom_challenge.lua (new file)
\base.xml (include above file)
\campaign\record_cas.xml (add new roll handler)
\campaign\template_campaign.xml (add new definition for Rolls icon)
\graphics\graphics_icons.xml (add definition for challenge icon graphic)
\graphics\icons\button_challenge.png (new file)

If it looks ok Ill post a new MoreCore build by the end of the week.

Oh and that doco was updated 2 weeks ago - it just contained errors!

That all looks great! Thank you!

Separate issue. Ran an SotDL game tonight with MoreCore (but not including the updates above as I have only just seen them now). Both myself and my players are having intermittent problems with modifiers (like from boon/bane rolls) not clearing out after the followup d20 attack or challenge roll. This led to some very confusing stacking of modifiers that just continued to grow unless manually cleared. I am uncertain what is causing this. I hadn't observed this behavior prior to updating to the 1.41 version of MoreCore.

damned
January 24th, 2018, 07:39
That all looks great! Thank you!

Separate issue. Ran an SotDL game tonight with MoreCore (but not including the updates above as I have only just seen them now). Both myself and my players are having intermittent problems with modifiers (like from boon/bane rolls) not clearing out after the followup d20 attack or challenge roll. This led to some very confusing stacking of modifiers that just continued to grow unless manually cleared. I am uncertain what is causing this. I hadn't observed this behavior prior to updating to the 1.41 version of MoreCore.

The update above is not yet available.

The modifiers... I have seen it several times and have not yet managed to work out what is causing it... if someone can pin down how to reproduce the error it would help with troubleshooting/fixing.

Gwydion
January 27th, 2018, 16:40
The update above is not yet available.

The modifiers... I have seen it several times and have not yet managed to work out what is causing it... if someone can pin down how to reproduce the error it would help with troubleshooting/fixing.

Very interested in this to as I'm starting to work on some SotDL as well and I tried the saving throw coding and couldn't get it to work with the "+" to a d20. Thanks for working on this, damned!

Pepor
January 28th, 2018, 12:12
I have a question. In the base.xml file from my own ruleset, I have imported the MoreCore ruleset as:

<importruleset source="CoreRPG" />
<importruleset source="MoreCore" />

I dont have any problems to use the chat commands in my own ruleset as DM from the imported MoreCore ruleset, but my players cannot. They type MoreCore ruleset die chat commands but nothing happens.

Any hint why? Thanks in advance.

damned
January 28th, 2018, 13:18
Hi Pepor

What is the system you are working on?
I do hope you might be able to share it with us one day soon.

At a guess you should only be importing from MoreCore which will in turn use its own import tags to import from CoreRPG.

Pepor
January 28th, 2018, 13:26
Hi Damend,

I am working on Hitos ruleset. It is a kind of Fate based ruleset.

Now I have been checking only with MoreCore ruselet, no other ruleset implied, and the chat commands only work as a DM. The dice strings only work if you create a button on a MoreCore charsheet and you introduce there the chat command string.

Thanks.

damned
January 28th, 2018, 13:30
Is this for the /hitos roller or all rollers?

Pepor
January 28th, 2018, 13:32
Yes, it is for the /hitos roller.

damned
January 30th, 2018, 12:18
Ill do some testing over the next couple of days.

Pepor
January 30th, 2018, 12:36
Ill do some testing over the next couple of days.

That would be really nice. I appreciate your help.

Thanks!

mozmonar
February 1st, 2018, 06:06
I don't suppose there is an easy way to get a "Spells" section added to MoreCore if nothing else for just reference? I am completely at a loss as to how to do this myself and I gave it the old college try. Specifically I'd like one for SotDL but it likely would be useful for other custom rulesets.

damned
February 1st, 2018, 06:58
I don't suppose there is an easy way to get a "Spells" section added to MoreCore if nothing else for just reference? I am completely at a loss as to how to do this myself and I gave it the old college try. Specifically I'd like one for SotDL but it likely would be useful for other custom rulesets.

I rename one of the panels as spells and use /cleric and /spell (they have different icons)
There are several "rolls" that are just informational.

Ability: /ability (description only)
Cleric: /cleric (description only)
Monstrous Trait: /mtrait (description only)
Spell: /spell (description only)

And I use the Spell section to record spell slots/usage.

mozmonar
February 1st, 2018, 07:15
I apologize. I think I am being unclear. I meant the buttons on the right hand side like NPC, Items, Parcels, etc. There doesn't seem to be a spells section

damned
February 1st, 2018, 07:21
MoreCore inherits the CoreRPG campaign tools and adds a couple of its own - Rolls and Abilities - Spells are only in those rulesets that have had Spells coded for them.
I *could* add Spells to the right hand side but then Id also have to add somewhere on the character sheet to drag them too.
And then Id have to add a generic way to *use* them.
Ultimately they would probably look like Rolls... hence... I rename one (or more) Rolls fields as Spells and I create a Rolls Group as Cleric Spells, Wizard Spells, Druid Spells etc and create /spell, /cleric entries in them...
I think this will give you what you seek...
If you are seeking automation for spells... it will never be part of the base MoreCore because every system is too different to the next.

mozmonar
February 1st, 2018, 07:25
I get that. I have a database of roughly 700 spells for SotDL. Was hoping to have a place to put them. If I knew how to do it myself I would. Sadly it is beyond me.

damned
February 1st, 2018, 07:30
Put them in... Rolls - seriously - they will go there just fine.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22064

mozmonar
February 2nd, 2018, 00:46
Ok so I can add stuff to Rolls. I have a question about rolls. There is a name field a dice string field and then a field below. Is the field below dice string just information? I notice on your screenshot there are book icons on your list of rolls. Mine do not have that.

Trenloe
February 2nd, 2018, 01:16
I notice on your screenshot there are book icons on your list of rolls. Mine do not have that.
The book icon means the data is from a module. Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Campaign_Data#Campaign_Data_List

damned
February 2nd, 2018, 03:58
Yes the only two fields that have mechanical properties are Name and Dice String. Description is for your and the players reference only.
The Name is displayed in the Chat window and the Dice String is what determines the dice and method/action to perform.

As Trenloe points out the book icon means that those items were in a Module - eg I have created them in FG and then used /export to create a re-usable Module containing these items.
The rest of the visual differences are just from the Theme.

meguido
February 3rd, 2018, 12:51
Hello, I'm French user
I'm looking for Prophecy french RPG :

1/ Dice Strings ?: Attribute (1 - 10) + Skill (1 - 10) + 1d10 >= Difficulty (5 - 40)
2/ Dice strings ? : Result success Level 5 in 5
3/ Dice Strings ? : roll of die "10" explose but 1 raise of die (critical* and possible failure**)
4 / *Critical sucess ? : if dice < skill , bonus +5 to result
5/ **Critical failure ? : Roll of die "1" and one raise of die : if dice > skill

is it possible to program on morecore ?

(I not speak very well in english huhuhu)
Thank

damned
February 4th, 2018, 02:30
Hey meguido

MoreCore doesnt really support non fixed opposed targets.
Is all of this information pertaining to the one roll?

For #1. Strength 6 (/mod 6), Long Sword 5 (/mod 5), Prophecy (/prophecy) would roll 1d10 and add 6 and add 5. It could report something like Meguido uses Prophecy (Strength +6, Longsword +7) [3] 16. This wont declare a success or failure because your difficulty is not fixed. If the player knows the difficulty then we could do it slightly differently:
Strength 6 (/mod 6), Long Sword 5 (/mod 5), Difficulty 10 (/mod -10) Prophecy (/prophecy) and it would report something like Meguido uses Prophecy (Strength +6, Longsword +7, Difficulty -15) [3] 1. Success! eg its basically working off calculating against 0 (all your bonuses and roll vs the difficulty).

I dont understand point 2. Are you saying that beating the difficulty by 0-5 is 1 success, 6-10 is 2 successes, 11-15 is 3 successes? If so this can only be done if the player knows the difficulty.

Can you clarify #3? Are you saying a 10 explodes but only one time? so maximum result from the roll is 20? Or something else? where does the failure come in?

#4? If my Longsword Skill was 7 and I rolled a 10 (explodes and second roll of 3 gives 13) I would have a Critical Success because 13 is more than Longsword Skill +7 +5?

#5? If my Longsword Skill was 7 and I rolled a 1 (explodes and second roll of 4 gives 5) I would have a Critical Failure because 5 is less than Longsword Skill +7?

Ouch... getting complex...

So... the first question is does the player know the difficulty?

Pepor
February 4th, 2018, 09:35
Hi guys!

Does anybody know how to avoid a list to get sorted alphabetically everytime you create a new line? Is there any way to switch that feature off? I don't want a sorted list. I want the elements ordered the way I write them in. I have been checking all the .lua scripts and functions but I cannot find anything.

Thanks in advance!

Here you have and example of what the MoreCore does by default.

damned
February 4th, 2018, 09:47
This is a feature of Fantasy Grounds.
I know what you are seeing in your situation is annoying but work thru the alternatives.

No Sorting
Great when you get everything typed in correctly the first time... but what happens when you make a mistake or get a new item that needs to be "inserted" and not at the end? Cant be done.
What happens when your list gets long? Cant find stuff, it would be great if they were sorted somehow...

If you need them in a specific order you have to prefix them like:
1. xyz
2. abc
3. lmn
4. def

Pepor
February 4th, 2018, 09:57
Hi dammed!

Thank you for your quick response. I didn't know that it is a feature of Fantasy Grounds. I have wasted 2 hours of my life today, haha!

That is precisely what I have been doing, working thru "annoying visual alternatives" such as:
1. xyz
2. abc
3. lmn
4. def

or

a. xyz
b. abc
c. lmn
d. def

Thanks again man!

meguido
February 4th, 2018, 11:13
hello
2/ result success (5 in 5) is quality of success
3/ maximum roll 1d10 : 20
4/ no, for exemple : Attribute+skill (Physique 7 + Longsword 7) + (rolled a 10 (explodes ans second roll of 3) = Critical success (second roll 3 < 7) : Final succes : 7+7+(10+3)13+5 (critical succes) = 32 >= difficulty and actually the action can fail even with a critical succes (an experienced hero is more likely to make a critical success)
5/ no, for exemple : Attribute+skill (Physique 7 + Longsword 7) + (rolled a 1 (explodes ans second roll of 8) = Critical failure (second roll 8 > 7) : Final failure : 7+7+9 but second roll of 8>7 so critical failure. (next action +5 in difficulty or +)

the player in combat or other skill know the difficulty except additionnal Diff by GM...

damned
February 4th, 2018, 11:28
Hi meguido I think I understand 3, 4, 5.
I dont understand 2.

dulux-oz
February 4th, 2018, 11:29
Hey meguido

MoreCore doesnt really support non fixed opposed targets.

No, but the UDR (Universal Die Roller) in the new DORCore does - if you were to make MoreCore a child of DORCore then a lot of the various Die Rolling code in MoreCore could be streamlined (or even eliminated as redundant). Just a thought (when its finished, of course) :p

damned
February 4th, 2018, 11:44
Hi Mr Black,

I have given it some small thought.
One of the *features* of the MoreCore rolls is that the different /slash handlers create different icons for rolls which makes character sheets created on the fly still easy to see what is what.
The Universal Die Roller you have created wouldnt allow me to do that - I could add an icon cycler to do it with though.

Its not something I have the mental capacity or time to give it a hard look yet though.
When i do I will be in touch.

Mr White

meguido
February 4th, 2018, 11:44
2/ quality of success and success of level
the higher the result, the better the result of the action of player character
SC (Success of level)
every 5 points beyond the difficulty is a level of success (SC)
these SC allow to specify the quality of its action
in most cases, it is the number of sc that counts to evaluate the quality of a jet, but the full margin can also be used to measure two opposing jets.

damned
February 4th, 2018, 11:45
Hey meguido I note you also had another request but no follow up information...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset&p=368630&viewfull=1#post368630

welcome meguido

so something like:

Persuasion
/valor 1d100>48

And it outputs something like:
Meguido uses persuasion: 55 Success
Meguido uses persuasion: 48 Success
Meguido uses persuasion: 47 Failure
Meguido uses persuasion: 99 Critical Success

What is the system so I can build a button for it too..?

dulux-oz
February 4th, 2018, 12:16
The Universal Die Roller you have created wouldnt allow me to do that

Actually, I believe it would - at least it was designed to. It would require a little bit of coding, but nowhere near as much as some of the dice solutions already existing inside MoreCore.

It's your call - and as I've said elsewhere, I'll be happy to help if you choose to follow that route.

Cheers

meguido
February 4th, 2018, 12:38
Aventure French rpg
a simple rules system

Roll 1d100 % <= attribute + bonus skill to Success
01 a 05 - Critical success
96 - 00 - Critical failure

Attribute : 5 - 99 % max
Bonus skill : 5 - 50 %

GM can add a bonus or penalty (5 % a 50 % or +)

How to program dice in morecore

Trenloe
February 4th, 2018, 15:22
Thank you for your quick response. I didn't know that it is a feature of Fantasy Grounds. I have wasted 2 hours of my life today, haha!
It's not specifically a "feature" that all sorting is alphabetical.

It can be changed in the relevant windowlist control via the <sortby> tag or the onSortCompare function. More info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/windowlist.xcp

If you wanted to change the default sorting, you could probably write a simple extension to override the sorting of the windowlist controls you're interested in.

Bidmaron
February 4th, 2018, 18:05
Trenloe, is it true that id-0001 names will always be assigned in order created or will FG assign lowest number if you delete an entry?

I ask because you could write the sort to go by the node identifier if that were true.

I am not sanctioning that since few folks can ever create a list that never needs an item inserted into it.

Moon Wizard
February 4th, 2018, 19:59
It does not “fill in” numbers as that would require a scan over every child node every time you wanted to add a node. It keeps a counter that increments as nodes are added, and gets reset to highest number each time session is loaded.

Also, the above should not be depended on in any way, because implementations can change internally in the code as the program evolves. The takeaway should be that you shouldn’t depend on the automatic node naming for sorting.

Regards,
JPG

Pepor
February 5th, 2018, 07:54
It's not specifically a "feature" that all sorting is alphabetical.

It can be changed in the relevant windowlist control via the <sortby> tag or the onSortCompare function. More info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/windowlist.xcp

If you wanted to change the default sorting, you could probably write a simple extension to override the sorting of the windowlist controls you're interested in.

Thank you for your response Trenloe. I have tried to modify the <sortby> tag even in the CoreRPG but it doesn't work either. So I think it should be the onSortCompare funcion instead, but I really get lost there.

chadhill
February 18th, 2018, 18:15
I have finished my ability saves rolls and they work great, thanks for the fix on the /rollunder, but now that I go back and try my skill rolls which is a /rollover, I get the number in the "Mod" box multiplying the number of dice rolled. I tried the same syntax as will the /rollundersmod (i.e. /rolloversmod 1d20x10)but it did not work. Specifically the modifier multiplies the number of d20s rolled and adds them with no target number (supposedly the ...x10). Is there possibly a better roll to make with a target die? possibly from another system that rolls against a constant target number. I looked through other opptions but do not fully understand the functions of some of them. Bottom line is I am trying to roll a 20 over a target number (1-20) with modifiers applying for success or failure.

damned
February 18th, 2018, 22:35
Ill have a look chadhill - Trenloe made a bunch of changes in that script to fix the rollunder and something may have been inadvertently changed...

damned
February 18th, 2018, 22:42
Hi again - yes Trenloe updated that script and did change that roller... Ill have to re-introduce one.
In the meantime use:
/sthrow 1d20>#

Trenloe
February 18th, 2018, 22:47
Ill have a look chadhill - Trenloe made a bunch of changes in that script to fix the rollunder and something may have been inadvertently changed...
Don't bloody blame me! It was your code needed fixing!!!

damned
February 18th, 2018, 22:52
Don't bloody blame me! It was your code needed fixing!!!

Im not blaming you my 75c beer man!
I do appreciate all your magnificent code.
Now get back to the bar.

damned
February 19th, 2018, 10:47
Did some work on some The Dark Eye rolls today with ianmward

Basically for an Attribute Check you click the Attribute and then you click the Attribute Check.
For a Skill Roll you click the 3 Attributes and then you click the associated (or *generic) Skill.

Feedback required...

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22318

Pepor
February 19th, 2018, 10:54
Hi Damned,

Speaking about rolls, I have been checking the exploding dice strings rolls from the MoreCore ruleset and it seems it doesn't take into consideration any modifier from the Modifier box. I have been checking the .lua files from Ikael in the Desktop folder, but I don't really know how to "fix" it or add that feature. Any tip or idea?

Thanks!

damned
February 19th, 2018, 10:57
Hi Pepor I didnt write those - they were converted from code by Ikael and I have to admit - I struggle with modifying those ones too.
Additionally what and when do you want the modifiers to do?
In some systems modifiers add dice and in others they add to the target number and to others the roll...

Pepor
February 19th, 2018, 11:03
Hi damned,

What I want is to add for instance a +1, +2, -1, -5 to the roll, from the modifiex box or from a stat. If you write for instace the string roll: /edies 1d10x10+5, it will add the +5 to the roll and then compare it with the DC (10 in this case), but it compares only the roll without the Modifier. But, if you write /edies 1d10x10 and you have any modififier in the Modifier Box (+1, +5, ...), it won't be taken into consideration and it won't be added.

Thanks again for your quick response.

mozmonar
February 19th, 2018, 21:43
So I have added spells, and ancestries (races), and paths (similar to classes) in my SotDL MoreCore to the Rolls as suggested. Fine for me as GM because I can put these in categories. For the player side it's just a wall of unsorted (well sorted by name but not by type of object) for players. So I decided to make Story entries and drop links onto them that I can share with the players. However, if I drop links onto the story and share that sheet the links cannot be used unless the the individual rolls are likewise shared. Is there a way to do this with a search/replace in the db.xml as I don't want to manually open and share 1000+ sheets?

I was going to try to make a reference manual using Celestian's Project: Author but I am clearly doing something wrong with that as I can't get the story entry I want.

damned
February 20th, 2018, 01:36
Hi mozmonar if you have made a bunch of rolls and other content that you want the players to access - export it as a module.
Then in a new campaign (otherwise you will see doubleups of everything) load that module and share it with the players.
That *should* work.

mozmonar
February 20th, 2018, 06:51
I exported Story with links to Rolls to a module. Upon opening the module the links appear to be there but they are all empty. The links work on the story entry that is not in the module.

EDIT: Well I couldn't get it to work with Story but I was able to get the rolls to export and keep the categories.

Trenloe
February 20th, 2018, 12:36
I exported Story with links to Rolls to a module. Upon opening the module the links appear to be there but they are all empty. The links work on the story entry that is not in the module.

EDIT: Well I couldn't get it to work with Story but I was able to get the rolls to export and keep the categories.
When you exported the Story entries to the module did you also export the rolls as well?

chadhill
February 20th, 2018, 20:23
Great, thanks for the quick reply. Wasn't sure if that change was intentional or not. If it was, my bad, if not glad you know. You guys are awesome, and doing a GREAT JOB!

mozmonar
February 21st, 2018, 01:28
When you exported the Story entries to the module did you also export the rolls as well?

Yes. Well once without. Then the second with rolls included.

Trenloe
February 21st, 2018, 01:33
Then the second with rolls included.
And you just got blank rolls windows with this second export? If so, please attack this module so we can check what's going on.

meguido
February 21st, 2018, 07:52
Re-post

Aventure French rpg
a simple rules system

Roll 1d100 % <= attribute + bonus skill to Success

Attribute : 5 - 99 % max
Bonus skill : 5 - 50 %

How to program dice in morecore

damned
February 21st, 2018, 12:21
Hola meguido please have a look at the script for talislanta rolls and make a copy and have a go at modifying it...
Have a look at the files listed on this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset&p=373047&viewfull=1#post373047
Give it a go... if you cant get it Ill have a go.

But please - if you are going to post requests for rollers look at all the other posts and see what extra questions I ask... and provide all the info...

Trenloe
February 21st, 2018, 14:17
And in depth info on FG actions (dice rolling) here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?35531-Fantasy-Grounds-v3-X-CoreRPG-based-Actions-(dice-rolling)

meguido
February 21st, 2018, 15:19
Hola damned
i recovered Script for talistanta rolls but :

if nTotal <= 05 then
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "\n[Critical Success]"; ------ ok
elseif nTotal <= ? then
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "\n[Success]";

? compare Dice result (1d100%) to Attribute+bonus skill or Attribute alone and Dice result <= : Success , what function to run ?

elseif nTotal > ? then
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "\n[Failure]";

? compare Dice result (1d100%) to Attribute+bonus skill or Attribute alone and Dice result > : Failure , what function to run ?

elseif nTotal >= 96 ? then
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "\n[Critical Failure]";
end

? compare Dice result (1d100%) to Attribute+bonus skill or Attribute alone and Dice result >= 96 : Critical failure , what function to run ?

help me...

damned
February 21st, 2018, 22:10
Hola damned
i recovered Script for talistanta rolls but :

if nTotal <= 05 then
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "\n[Critical Success]"; ------ ok

elseif nTotal <= ? then
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "\n[Success]";

If you look at the roll description you will see their is a different result for 0-5 and 6-10 etc you dont need both - you need 1-5 and 96-100 so work on those.
You also have to look at the logic behind the order in which you test for values. In this case it should be easy...
if <= 5
else if >= 96
else

? compare Dice result (1d100%) to Attribute+bonus skill or Attribute alone and Dice result <= : Success , what function to run ?

elseif nTotal > ? then
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "\n[Failure]";

? compare Dice result (1d100%) to Attribute+bonus skill or Attribute alone and Dice result > : Failure , what function to run ?

elseif nTotal >= 96 ? then
rMessage.text = rMessage.text .. "\n[Critical Failure]";
end

? compare Dice result (1d100%) to Attribute+bonus skill or Attribute alone and Dice result >= 96 : Critical failure , what function to run ?

help me...

Also look at /harn as its a d% roll

mozmonar
February 22nd, 2018, 08:26
And you just got blank rolls windows with this second export? If so, please attack this module so we can check what's going on.
Ok so I went to grab the examples to send you only realize I had deleted the temp campaign I created them in. So I tried to recreate the issue and it worked as advertised this time. So either I hit an infrequent bug or, more likely, I screwed up somehow when I did it the first time and it would have worked correctly the first time had I done properly.

damned
February 22nd, 2018, 08:43
Hah. Good news. Bad news. The other good news is its always quicker entering things the second time. If you send me your export data we might be able to salvage some/all too.

mozmonar
February 22nd, 2018, 09:17
Hah. Good news. Bad news. The other good news is its always quicker entering things the second time. If you send me your export data we might be able to salvage some/all too.
Appreciate the offer but I already entered it all back in again. Fortunately it was only the "drop links on story" part that I need to redo not enter all the rolls back in.

Someday I hope to figure out how to alter the character sheets and NPC sheets to make better use of the space for this particular game but all my tinkering ends in disaster.

damned
February 22nd, 2018, 10:08
have a look at some of the themes in my signature. There are some good ideas in there. Yes it takes a bit to get your head around at first but not so bad once you get used to it. And even better would be to share the theme when you are happy with it :)

mozmonar
February 22nd, 2018, 23:58
have a look at some of the themes in my signature. There are some good ideas in there. Yes it takes a bit to get your head around at first but not so bad once you get used to it. And even better would be to share the theme when you are happy with it :)

Yeah I have the SotDL extension loaded. But I'd like to change the char sheet a bit. Also can't work out why I can't resize it horizontally or why when resizing vertically it expands the lower three fields but not the other three just above. It's a case of me just not knowing what I don't know. Heh.

damned
February 23rd, 2018, 00:03
It is much easier to scale elements vertically and keep layout looking consistent than it is horizontally.
I have thus locked horizontal scaling.
The first row of Rolls is set to a specific height while the bottom row is anchored to the bottom of the sheet so the bottom row will resize along with the character sheet height.

mozmonar
February 23rd, 2018, 00:08
It is much easier to scale elements vertically and keep layout looking consistent than it is horizontally.
I have thus locked horizontal scaling.
The first row of Rolls is set to a specific height while the bottom row is anchored to the bottom of the sheet so the bottom row will resize along with the character sheet height.

Oh I'm not criticizing or complaining. It definitely is workable and I have been using it for several months. But having used it for several months I have figured out ways I'd like to optimize it. I just lack the knowledge and expertise to pull it off. I'll keep tinkering around and hopefully come up with something.

damned
February 23rd, 2018, 00:20
Oh I'm not criticizing or complaining. It definitely is workable and I have been using it for several months. But having used it for several months I have figured out ways I'd like to optimize it. I just lack the knowledge and expertise to pull it off. I'll keep tinkering around and hopefully come up with something.

I totally understand.
Im both explaining the why but also gently pointing you to where to look to change things...

For example if you wanted the first row of rolls to be taller you could adjust its bottom anchors.
If you wanted the page to go wider there is a lot more to change.
You can add frames and remove frames - eg remove Attacks and make Spells bigger.
If you have 12 primary attributes get rid of rolls frame 1a and make rolls frame 1 full height.

If you have a specific question post it here - you can upload your extension and/or screenshot and we can guide you :)

damned
February 27th, 2018, 06:30
New version uploaded 1.42 - contains Dice Pool and some The Dark Eye rollers.

mozmonar
February 27th, 2018, 23:37
I am using MoreCore Ruleset and a slightly cosmetically altered (different frame4.jpg) MCSotDL Extension. I want to further customize the charsheet to making it less general and more specific to the elements of Shadow of the Demon Lord. What I can't work out is where and how to make these changes. I want to change the race/gender/age/etc. line by changing the labels and possibly adding some fields. I'd like to remove the spells section because it really doesn't match up very well with the way spells work in SotDL. I'd like to increase the size of the Attacks area so that it isn't necessary to scroll down to see all the attack/damage rolls.

When I have made changes to what I assumed to be the race/age/gender stuff it didn't change what I expected and instead just removed the labels but left it otherwise pretty much the same. There are quite a few other changes I would ultimately like to make but...baby steps and all...and maybe if I can work out how to do this I can figure out the other stuff on my own.

damned
February 28th, 2018, 00:26
Hola mozmonar

Attached is an extension that does some/all of those things.
Ill explain the contents of the extension to make it easier for the next person.

extension.xml contains the extension name, a small chat announcement and it includes a load order statement so that it loads after the SotDL extension.
record_char_more.xml contains the changes to the character sheet layout.
firstly I identified all of the elements that needed removing - the spell frame, and five sets of spell slots, spell max and spell labels. I copied these from MoreCore into the extension and then changed the entry to tell it to delete the item - eg:

<frame_spell_stats name="frame_spell_frame_1">
<anchored to="spellsframe" position="insidetopleft" offset="5,0" height="50" width="309" />
</frame_spell_stats>
becomes

<frame_spell_stats name="frame_spell_frame_1" merge="delete"/>
And then I adjusted the height of the Attacks frame.
template_test.xml contains the text resources that define the labels on the fields Name, Race, Gender, Age, Height, Weight and I added my own values in.

Now you could add these into a new extension like I have or you could merge them into the original extension.
Additionally - in most of my games where I use MoreCore I dont typically use Attacks anymore - I do most things in Rolls - but Attacks works fine so long as the dice is simple #d#+#

mozmonar
February 28th, 2018, 02:05
The main reason I use the Attacks instead of rolls is that I can save space doing it. Each attack whether melee, ranged, or spell might have an attack, damage, additional damage for attack roll 20+ (kind of like a crit). Using Rolls, each single entry eats up another line, so that would make 2 to 3 entries per weapon or spell. For many of the attacks I can get multiple entries on a single line in attacks. Unless of course I am doing something wrong with the Rolls.

damned
February 28th, 2018, 02:21
Did you try the extension? Did you check out how it works? Do you have any questions?

mozmonar
February 28th, 2018, 02:26
I did. I don't really understand what it did to be honest. It's just beyond me at this point. I also saw the changed labels for the Race/Gender stuff. But I don't know how to add additional fields or expand the size of the field (frame?) that it's in. I'm not even sure what to focus on learning to make it make sense. Is it learning XML?

damned
February 28th, 2018, 02:39
I did. I don't really understand what it did to be honest. It's just beyond me at this point. I also saw the changed labels for the Race/Gender stuff. But I don't know how to add additional fields or expand the size of the field (frame?) that it's in. I'm not even sure what to focus on learning to make it make sense. Is it learning XML?

If you want to make further changes you are going to have to have a look at the files and work through them.
Ive explained what the new extension does.
Look at the file structure, the names of files, where they are linked...

Ultimately - depending on what you actually want to change - you need to understand that your table right now does this:

Loads CoreRPG - Loads MoreCore (which overwrites a few CoreRPG things and then adds a bunch more) - Loads MCSotDL extension (which overwrites a few CoreRPG/MoreCore things and then adds a couple more) - Loads MCTest extension (which overwrites a few MCSotDL and MoreCore things).

If this is new to you - dont expect to understand it straight away.
Unpack the two extensions and MoreCore and make a few small edits and reload FG and see what happens.
Ultimately you should not make changes in CoreRPG or MoreCore you should only change extensions otherwise your work will get overwritten when you load a new version.

Adding in more stuff is fine. You just need to make room for it.
There are plenty of examples between the extension, MoreCore and CoreRPG.

mozmonar
February 28th, 2018, 02:43
It's new to me...and my brain is old hehe. Bad combo.

damned
February 28th, 2018, 03:01
It's new to me...and my brain is old hehe. Bad combo.

So just take it slow.
Start with the extension - unzip it into Extensions folder so it looks like \fantasy grounds\extensions\mctest\
Then start with Strings... change them to something useful rather than what I put in there.
Then type /reload in the chat window and FG will reload and should use your changes.
Then unpack MoreCore into \fantasy grounds\rulesets\MoreCore\ and see whether those string names are being used, change the length or order in which they display.
Just do little things.
Accept you will make mistakes.

mozmonar
February 28th, 2018, 09:11
Well I remain completely stumped on how to resize frames. Nothing I alter seems to change what I would expect. Am I barking up the wrong tree altering offsets in framedefs?

I did manage to change the button_link.png via an extension. Small victories.

damned
February 28th, 2018, 10:19
All xml tags require an open and a close tag.
In this case we are merging some changes into the windowclass called charsheet_more
The attacks frame is called attackframe
The first number is how many pixels from the left of the parent (charsheet_more) the new frame should start.
The second number is how many pixels down it starts.
Third is how long the frame is and fourth is how tall.
If you use a negative number in position 3 or 4 then it anchors that to the right or bottom edges of the parent frame.

<windowclass name="charsheet_more" merge="join">
<sheetdata>
<frame_char name="attackframe">
<bounds>15,45,320,170</bounds>
</frame_char>
</sheetdata>
</windowclass>

You will see that frames on the right hand side of the page are probably anchored to the right hand edge and the bottom three frames anchored to the bottom.
That is why when you drag the charsheet taller the bottom three frames expand.

damned
March 1st, 2018, 02:46
Hi mozmonar would you export your character sheet(s) and upload the XML here so that others can see how you set yours up.
Thanks.

mozmonar
March 1st, 2018, 08:16
Before, during, or after I have worked out how to change it to suit my needs?

damned
March 1st, 2018, 09:04
Hi mozmonar would you export your character sheet(s) and upload the XML here so that others can see how you set yours up.
Thanks.

Before, during, or after I have worked out how to change it to suit my needs?

Im more interested in the Export Character XML rather than teh extension XML at this time :)
Its so other people see how you are setting up your rolls.

On the other XML - what is the next bit you are stuck on?

mozmonar
March 1st, 2018, 09:20
I will export them when I get a chance.

As for the other. I didn't really get any further into it today. Tonight was game night so I was more focused on making sure everything was good to go. We play every other week...rather I run my game every other week and play in a 5e game one of my players runs on the alternate weeks. The Ancestries, Paths, Traditions, Spells and Equipment (and Shop) modules were all completed by me over the last two weeks so I wanted to make sure it was all set up properly.

Now I have another two weeks to wreak havoc on those files.

damned
March 1st, 2018, 11:15
We mostly alternate between D&D and Star Wars with a healthy dose of Savage Worlds, Dungeon World and Call of Cthulhu... and a few others here and there :)

mozmonar
March 2nd, 2018, 00:08
Once my SotDL campaign wraps up I plan to Masks of Nyarlathotep. New version will likely be out in print and PDF by then...though not on FG yet. I will have to convert it manually as I go.

damned
March 2nd, 2018, 00:17
Once my SotDL campaign wraps up I plan to Masks of Nyarlathotep. New version will likely be out in print and PDF by then...though not on FG yet. I will have to convert it manually as I go.

I am working on the official conversion of the other one... Horror on the Orient Express - over 1,000 pages! Aaaarrrggghhhhh.....

mozmonar
March 2nd, 2018, 00:17
Nice. I plan to run that one too.

NotRussellCrowe
March 2nd, 2018, 02:23
I am working on the official conversion of the other one... Horror on the Orient Express - over 1,000 pages! Aaaarrrggghhhhh.....

It's a big one that's for sure. Biggest box set I've ever seen in person (otherwise it would have to be that big Star Trek Adventures Borg Cube). Maybe it will be ready to buy by the time I'm running it :)

mozmonar
March 2nd, 2018, 02:54
Thanks.

Hopefully I am linking these properly.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cxZJq3Jg3NRcdnySEWVSKC4FRdHbozpO/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/12BehDkCWKyrAxAeINg37WAbvHTF_D59T/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JipWu4z_hN7mVGlunfWcSfBMJiEkQacm/view?usp=sharing

meguido
March 2nd, 2018, 23:41
Hello damned

I found dice string : /symb ("manager_custom_symb.Iua")

ok to roll 1d100% <= Attribute or skill

but
I've not program Critical success and failure ?

Help me to change in "manager_custom_symb.Iua" ? possible ?
Thank thank

damned
March 3rd, 2018, 00:11
Hello damned

I found dice string : /symb ("manager_custom_symb.Iua")

ok to roll 1d100% <= Attribute or skill

but
I've not program Critical success and failure ?

Help me to change in "manager_custom_symb.Iua" ? possible ?
Thank thank

Hey.
Need to understand this mechanic first:

Is this added before or after you determine a Crit?

meguido
March 3rd, 2018, 00:50
Is this added before or after you determine a Crit?

After because roll 1d100 % : result 01/05 or 96/00 to critical success or failure regarless to attribute or skill

damned
March 3rd, 2018, 02:36
So if the GM gave me a +50 but I rolled a 04 what do I report? As in exactly. As in: [4] +50 [54] Critical Failure
What if I rolled 97 what do I report?

meguido
March 3rd, 2018, 08:37
in dice string : /symb : Attribute or Skill + bonus/malus = final score before die roll
Is not the problem.
Example :
Attribute : Physical 60 , GM gave a bonus +10 : Physical 60 + bonus 10 = 70
Player die roll 66, Success !!!

a roll of 01/05 or 96/00 always gives a critical success (01 to 05) or a critical failure (96 to 00) whatever the final score.
I can not add this line of programming in the script

Example 1
Attribute : Mental 33, GM gave a malus - 30 : Mental 33 - malus 30 = 03
Player die roll 05, Critical Success !!!

Example 2
Attribute : Social 76, GM gave a bonus + 21 : Social 76 + bonus 21 = 97
Player die roll 96, Critical failure !!!

and possible to add next line of programming in script
Ability : "offensive posture" modifies the value of + 5% of critical success (01 to 10) and critical failure (91 to 00) before die roll

thank

GunnarGreybeard
March 3rd, 2018, 13:02
a roll of 01/05 or 96/00 always gives a critical success (01 to 05) or a critical failure (96 to 00) whatever the final score.

IIRC, isn't this is the same formula used in the Basic RolePlaying system??

meguido
March 3rd, 2018, 13:45
possible
but I do not have ruleset basic roleplaying system snifff
possilbe to have the formula (script) ?
thank

graziano.girelli
March 4th, 2018, 00:32
Good evening Damned!
Sorry to bother you. I like to remove the spell tracker and expand the attack area. I search in MoreCore thread, and see i must look at pendragon extension. I check every file but i didn't find where i must modify.
Could you please tell me where i must look to change the character sheet?
And one final question: i see the resizing icon to enlarge the character shet, but it doesn't work. I can icrease height, but not width. Is it possible to do this?

Thanks for your attention!

mozmonar
March 4th, 2018, 00:37
Good evening Damned!
Sorry to bother you. I like to remove the spell tracker and expand the attack area. I search in MoreCore thread, and see i must look at pendragon extension. I check every file but i didn't find where i must modify.
And one final question: i see the resizing icon to enlarge the character shet, but it doesn't work. I can icrease height, but not width. Is it possible to do this?

Déjà vu

damned
March 4th, 2018, 01:29
Good evening Damned!

Déjà vu ��

Indeed.

Please read posts:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset&p=378087&viewfull=1#post378087
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset&p=378090&viewfull=1#post378090
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset&p=378882&viewfull=1#post378882

Please also post your finished theme extension when its done!

mozmonar
March 4th, 2018, 02:26

If that is directed toward me...I will happily do so when and if I manage to actually change it in any meaningful way.

damned
March 4th, 2018, 02:32
If that is directed toward me...I will happily do so when and if I manage to actually change it in any meaningful way.

It was not directed at you :) but feel free to share.
For example at the least I can update the Race in my SotDL extension...

graziano.girelli
March 4th, 2018, 10:34
Indeed.

Please read posts:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset&p=378087&viewfull=1#post378087
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset&p=378090&viewfull=1#post378090
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset&p=378882&viewfull=1#post378882

Thanks!
As i told some days ago, i'm totally dumb with xml and/or lua, so i'm learning all from scratch.
When my "project" will have a defined and acceptable shape i will send the extension. But with my current skill in coding it will take a very long time :-(

in any case, thansk for ht ehelp!!!

damned
March 4th, 2018, 11:23
Thanks!
As i told some days ago, i'm totally dumb with xml and/or lua, so i'm learning all from scratch.
When my "project" will have a defined and acceptable shape i will send the extension. But with my current skill in coding it will take a very long time :-(

in any case, thansk for ht ehelp!!!

Firstly the extension there shoudl do exactly what you need...
Second the other posts should tell you why you should go long and not wide
Third ask questions, learn and (hopefully) contribute!

graziano.girelli
March 4th, 2018, 11:54
Firstly the extension there shoudl do exactly what you need...
Second the other posts should tell you why you should go long and not wide
Third ask questions, learn and (hopefully) contribute!

I know!!!
I already installad MCTest, rename pumpkin, peter, ect. I also understand the reason to go long, but i like to have wider panels, so i'm working also on that trying to have the dimensions i like.
I also modified sidebar icon, background and decal.
Now i'm working on spell points and hit points.
I'm trying to understand how to obtain this. I know it's not to so complicated but understand how to link total spell points, decrease the amount by x spell point per level and where put this panel is not easy, and the same for hit points (create a button or a field in wich add or subtract the damage or heal point).
I refer to this last point in previous message.
We played our first session with fantasy grounds friday, and it was really a good session. I put all rolls, tables, etc. in MoreCore. Now i just refine the character sheet with little modifications, but it will be done without hurry.
After 3 weeks working hard to create character sheets, import spells, equipment, rolls, creatures and more from Roll20 campaign i need a little break :-D

damned
March 4th, 2018, 12:03
I know!!!
I already installad MCTest, rename pumpkin, peter, ect. I also understand the reason to go long, but i like to have wider panels, so i'm working also on that trying to have the dimensions i like.
I also modified sidebar icon, background and decal.
Now i'm working on spell points and hit points.
I'm trying to understand how to obtain this. I know it's not to so complicated but understand how to link total spell points, decrease the amount by x spell point per level and where put this panel is not easy, and the same for hit points (create a button or a field in wich add or subtract the damage or heal point).
I refer to this last point in previous message.
We played our first session with fantasy grounds friday, and it was really a good session. I put all rolls, tables, etc. in MoreCore. Now i just refine the character sheet with little modifications, but it will be done without hurry.
After 3 weeks working hard to create character sheets, import spells, equipment, rolls, creatures and more from Roll20 campaign i need a little break :-D

Even a screenshot when you get time would be great :)
You can set a new width in record_char.xml
just make that change first and then see what changes on each tab and you will see why I dont leave it as dynamic.
I was working on a Paranoia extension previously (that I have shelved for some time now) that i made wider char sheets...
You just need to be aware of how much more work you will need to do.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22505

graziano.girelli
March 4th, 2018, 12:20
Here you are!

damned
March 4th, 2018, 12:27
Boom! Well done - and thanks for the Easter Egg.

damned
March 4th, 2018, 13:04
meguido

have I got this right?
using new roll /ave 1d100
5 and under unmodified is critical success
96 and over unmodified is critical failure
accepts modifiers
no other success/fail output messages

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22508

graziano.girelli
March 4th, 2018, 22:08
I'm back again with my dumb questions...
I check in "record_char_more" and i see the various panel size width is 160. I also modified the width of character sheets from 525 to 700 (fixed, not expandable).
Now i tryed to set the width of each panel to 200 (must check if 190 is ok or keep 200) but i don't understand how to not overlap the panels. I don't understand how to lock the position of the panels themsleves.

Any help?

Thanks

mozmonar
March 4th, 2018, 22:16
I am paying close attention to this as it directly pertains to my own efforts.

damned
March 4th, 2018, 22:31
See this link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset&p=378981&viewfull=1#post378981
You will need to adjust the start position of the middle columns by 40px and the start position of the third columns by... 80px.

graziano.girelli
March 4th, 2018, 23:48
Again... thanks!

I modified the panels' size, as you can see in the attachment.

The "imagine" panel however, don't resize... so i made something wrong. I will work on it during next week.

To close, as always, another question: how can i enlarge the "location" column in inventory tab?

EDIT: SOLVED THE INVENTORY PROBLEM!

Once the layout of the character sheet is ok (to play without problems), i will start to look over hit point that can be increased or decreased (in my intention there will be a field where insert manually a value with a "+" on left side and "-" on right side, and when you click on plus or minus sign the value will be added or subtracted from total), and spell points (again in my intention there will be a field with total amount of spell points, and 10 buttons for each spell levels; every button will have a spell points costs and clicking on these buttons will decrease the spell points' total by respective cost).

I hope to reach my goal before summer.

By the way, i'm watching your video tutorial about MoreCore, since i don't understand yet how to use the "reference" panel.

damned
March 5th, 2018, 00:55
Reference Panel is just where you can drag Story or Reference manual entries to the characters heet - eg you might drag Class, Race info there so they can access easily.

The Spell points that were there could easily be modified.
Ill post something later in the week.
You need to match the Imagine panel with same settings as Extra panel

Inventory is in CoreRPG so you would need to find teh code there and update it in MoreCore extension.

Pepor
March 5th, 2018, 07:44
Hi guys!

Speaking of screenshots, here you have what I am working on from time to time. Sort of 2 diferents rulesets and character sheets. The first one is from Cultos Innombrables, kinda of Call of Cthulhu but based on Hitos/Fate. The second one is from Cyberpunk 2020. I play in Spanish, so the character sheets are in Spansih, sorry about that XD.

damned
March 5th, 2018, 09:09
Hi Pepor they really look good and you have really customised the layout AND functionality :)
When you are happy with them please upload the extensions to the MoreCore Themes link in my signature along with a couple of exported characters.
I really like your Cthulhu sidebars.

Please also tell me about... /cyber ...

Pepor
March 5th, 2018, 11:04
Thanks damned!

Could you please link me here where to upload them?

I think I could upload the "hitos" extension, theme and character sheet. I also have a tutorial, in Spanish sorry, showing how it works. It took me a while to implement the functionality adding and changing the different mini-icons in the abilities entry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mMtj0Ug16k

And about /cyber, it works similar to /hitos, but rolling one d10 dice instead and showing success or failure (in Spanish again haha) against a given DC (ie: /cyber 15). It also works with modifiers. I am trying to make the dice to explode (like Savage Worlds) but it is really a headache. It is based on the manager_custom_hitos.lua script.

damned
March 5th, 2018, 11:10
Feel free to upload to this thread and I will repost in the other thread - its in my signature.
Its fine that it is in Spanish - most people that play Hitos will be Spanish speakers :)

Pepor
March 5th, 2018, 12:17
Here you have it damned

I think I could improve it a little bit more, but I don't have a lot of free-time lately. We have been using it and all my players enjoyed and loved it.

I have also included a .mod archive which contains rolls and descriptions of the characteristics and abilities. The combat tracker works as well.

I have used WeTransfer because it is almost 30MB.
https://we.tl/y3asf6FhiW

Character Sheet:

Dugahst
March 5th, 2018, 14:44
question; is there a way to change the token created from portraits (by FG) to be a circle instead of a square? CoreRPG does this by default, not sure why morecore is in a square format.

damned
March 6th, 2018, 00:23
Hi Dugahst you absolutely can change it via an extension.
MoreCore is however using the CoreRPG settings of a square portrait.

Hi Pepor that great - thank you.
Can you please check though that your mod doesnt contain copyright descriptions etc? It is usually ok to have the skill names etc but not all the flavour text.

TriOpticon
March 6th, 2018, 02:13
damned, does MoreCore have a die roller that can will explode on doubles? For example, if 2d12 are rolled and both rolled a 3 then both dice are rolled again, adding to the total. If those dice also rolled doubles you would roll again and repeat until no doubles are rolled, all adding up to a final sum. I did not see it listed in MoreCore but I may have missed it.

Thanks.

damned
March 6th, 2018, 02:19
damned, does MoreCore have a die roller that can will explode on doubles? For example, if 2d12 are rolled and both rolled a 3 then both dice are rolled again, adding to the total. If those dice also rolled doubles you would roll again and repeat until no doubles are rolled, all adding up to a final sum. I did not see it listed in MoreCore but I may have missed it.

Thanks.

No it doesnt.
What dice does it apply to?
What game system?
What other modifications influence the roll?