PDA

View Full Version : MoreCore Ruleset

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]

damned
January 15th, 2023, 22:33
There are firstly some errors in your syntax overall

each Roll Parameter must be in brackets - eg (p1) and (a) must have their own brackets
MoreCore supports one and only simple math operation in a roll and you enclose it in [square brackets]

Your roll would look like:
/damagedr4 [(p1)+(a)]d8

Yogel
January 15th, 2023, 23:02
omg thanks. I've been working with various code types for years. I have no idea why it never occurred to me to try brackets instead of parenthesis.

damned
January 15th, 2023, 23:04
That was only added 18 month ago (guessing) and somehow its not in the doco... :pirate:

Yogel
January 15th, 2023, 23:09
Glad I could help point that out. ;)

damned
January 15th, 2023, 23:10
its rude to point at peoples documentation deficiencies!

Yogel
January 15th, 2023, 23:51
Again, thank you. Saved me a lot of headache. Working on making my system in light of all the OGL drama.

Endemia5
February 8th, 2023, 01:18
hello again, it's for the damage for tinyd6, in this case to ask you if you can create a damage as it comes in the game manual, where 1 success, two successes or three successes result in a single wound.
without altering the previous one created, but creating a new one.

Yogel
April 2nd, 2023, 00:34
So, I've noticed that with the Dice Pool, funky dice, like d14, or d30, have their rolls treated as modifiers instead of having the die added to the pool. Is this intentional? Currently I'm working around this by rolling a 1d0 afterwards, but I wasn't sure it was behaving the way it's supposed to and just wanted to ask.56924

damned
April 2nd, 2023, 05:20
Hi Yogel - no its not deliberate behavior but...

1. I had thought Funky Dice were no longer in MoreCore. What version of MoreCore are you running?
2. It is quite possibly that MoreCore would need some extra code for the Funky Dice but my d60 and d600 seem to work in the Pool.

Yogel
April 2nd, 2023, 07:43
Version 1.68.20221102. which I assume is the latest version from the forge. I think those dice(d60 and d600) work because they're tied to the d6 graphic(maybe?).

If I use /die 1d[funky die type] it will roll the dice, which is...workable, but it makes it impossible to use dice pools.

But, if they were supposed to have been removed, I guess it's a mute point.

Thank you!

damned
April 2nd, 2023, 08:28
I will get this working for you.

Yogel
April 2nd, 2023, 08:31
Thank you!

damned
April 2nd, 2023, 12:30
Ive added them all to the Fudge dice.

Yogel
April 3rd, 2023, 23:30
Thanks very much!

damned
April 4th, 2023, 00:13
You can also add them via a roll with
/pooladd #d#

But the Funky Dice dont seem to add a dice graphic in the pool. You can see they have added as the checkbox is applied, but the dF icon doesnt get added to the pool...

damned
April 4th, 2023, 00:14
Actually... maybe they are... I was using a dice number that didnt exist...

Yogel
April 4th, 2023, 00:15
oooh interesting. I'll give it a shot!

GuyPRunkle
April 28th, 2023, 12:29
How can I add an armor item in MoreCore (so it shows up on the Armor window)?

kevdog45
May 6th, 2023, 23:56
The roll for tiny d6 (at least that is what I am assuming it is) appears to be broke. /tiny just comes up with an error. I tried /tiny 2d6 and it also comes up as an error. Is their an alternate roll for Tiny 2D6 or no? The screenshot shows the error.

lamorric
June 5th, 2023, 21:39
Hi,
I am updating an extension and find I have a need to make a roll and then do something with the results.

The roll is already part of the system. So I just need to get the value, do a little math, and then apply the value.

Is there an example of this somewhere that isn't a "custom roll"?

Thanks in advance,
LaMorric

Tianos
June 6th, 2023, 19:57
hi, I tried to start more core on fgu.
But it starts from error in the visualization of the tools, not allowing de facto to open the cards.is there a solution?

Bonkon
June 6th, 2023, 21:44
Good Day Tianos :)
Are you trying to create a new campaign using the MoreCore system? It should be an option on the drop-down menu from the Create Campaign button on the main page. :)

Tianos
June 7th, 2023, 06:09
Yes, thank you. I managed to fix it by buying the morecore package from the store, instead of downloading it from the forum. Maybe it’s an old version?

damned
June 7th, 2023, 06:19
Hi Tianos anything files in this thread will be old. They are still here as that version shoudl still work with FG Classic.

Yogel
December 21st, 2023, 23:08
Recent FG update has MoreCore throwing errors when opening character sheets.

[ERROR] Script Execution error: [string "W;charsheet"]:3: attempt to call field 'isLocal' (a nil value)

PC record also cannot be added to the Combat Tracker now, also when adding NPC records, they go on the tracker but throw a whole bunch or errors(see following image)59571

damned
December 23rd, 2023, 14:08
Total PITA having to relearn all the code changes under the hood that seem to offer no user improvements but require lots of relearning and recoding none the less.

damned
December 23rd, 2023, 14:09
Ive spent more than 6 hours just on charsheet and the ct is a whole other beast.

Moon Wizard
December 23rd, 2023, 19:39
@damned,

Let me know if you need any help with doing or understanding the changes.

For the December updates, the changes should have been mainly the portrait changes and the charsheet_overview window changes (which incorporate the portrait changes by default).

Regards,
JPG

damned
December 24th, 2023, 01:53
@MW

From my perspective all these changes make it harder for me. I have to go and relearn stuff I have already done. I have to go and update up to a dozen live rulesets. Plus extensions. Plus I have 9 other rulesets in various stages of completion. It makes it less likely Ill finish those and it makes it less likely that Ill continue making new rulesets. The ongoing maintenance cost just wears me down.

I understand your reasoning. but its a massive demotivator for me.

damned
December 24th, 2023, 03:49
@Yogel

I have made a bunch of updates - I dont know if I got everything. Please let me know how it goes.

Yogel
December 24th, 2023, 07:23
Thanks very much. I'll go test it now and let you know.

EDIT: No errors popping up anymore. I think you got everything working again. I'll let you know if I find anything. Thanks!

GuyPRunkle
December 24th, 2023, 10:27
Thanks, Damned. Does this mean no Christmas challenge this year?

damned
December 24th, 2023, 10:36
Thanks, Damned. Does this mean no Christmas challenge this year?

Its been a tough last 6 months and I have a backlog of existing projects to update or finish or whatever yet so I think I wont be participating in another one this year - sorry. If i was going to do one it would probably be my own game Ive been building slowly... The Hardy Boys RPG.

Yogel
December 29th, 2023, 00:40
It seems we're still having issues adding things to the combat tracker. It's not throwing errors, they just aren't being added. No extensions loaded except one of the base themes. I'll have to see if I can get a video for you.

EDIT: When opening character sheets, the first error is thrown into the console. When adding NPC records errors have been thrown into the chat area. Added images
59596 59597

damned
December 29th, 2023, 05:35
Please confirm your build number. Im not getting these errors.

GuyPRunkle
January 2nd, 2024, 12:13
I imagine you programmed MoreCORE before Ruleset Wizard was released and it would probably take a bunch of reverse engineering, but if you would ever consider releasing a MoreCORE template for Ruleset Wizard like Psychedelix did with the Core ruleset character sheet, that would be so awesome . . . (Christmas wish 2024 . . . )

Guy

damned
January 2nd, 2024, 12:46
All new rulesets that I make have used the Ruleset Wizard.
Remaking MoreCore in the RSW would be a huge undertaking and probably would not really advantage anyone.
Making your own ruleset is significantly easier using the RSW than going at it from scratch for most people.
XCore is my new MoreCore and it was made using the RSW - ofc there is plenty of coding on top of the RSW but it still makes the task much easier imo.

GuyPRunkle
January 3rd, 2024, 00:20
You wouldn't be willing to share your templates from RSW for XCore would you?

Guy

damned
January 3rd, 2024, 01:26
Not at this stage. I have shared a tonne of videos working thru creating a whole ruleset using the Ruleset Wizard. For most people the XCore code is too complex to be relevant to creating your own ruleset.

GuyPRunkle
January 3rd, 2024, 09:52
I trust your judgment, you are undoubtedly correct.