PDA

View Full Version : MoreCore Ruleset

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14

damned
December 16th, 2021, 12:50
New build uploaded.
Very real chance there are some bugs still.
Please report!

lamorric
December 17th, 2021, 13:22
Not sure if this has been reported previously, so I apologize if it has.

I noticed that even when the Dice Pool is off that it will still capture dice, and do a roll from it.

Attaching a screen capture.

damned
December 17th, 2021, 13:44
It has been reported. Havent found a fix... sorry!

ransolot
December 19th, 2021, 05:39
I updated FGU today and get no sidebar at all now with MoreCore.

CJR
December 19th, 2021, 15:36
New build uploaded.
Very real chance there are some bugs still.
Please report!

I can't seem to work out how to install the latest FGU build from the Forge. I have added it to Inventory but not sure what that does. Sorry to be an idiot, can anyone point me to the explanation?

CJR
December 19th, 2021, 15:37
I updated FGU today and get no sidebar at all now with MoreCore.

Try installing from the Forge then running update. That was my mistake!

keil
December 19th, 2021, 18:10
I've returned to the master to ask a question. I can't seem to find an answer online.
The "effects" on the combat tracker such as "REGEN: 1" where every turn the effect would heal the player or npc 1.
Is this disabled on more core? Are all effects disabled? Is there an extension I Could get to use them.
Not a big deal just curious for poison dmgs etc.

Been using morecore now for a few months. Excellent work.

ransolot
December 19th, 2021, 19:34
Try installing from the Forge then running update. That was my mistake!

Hell yeah, that did it! Thank you!

damned
December 20th, 2021, 01:24
Yes - you need to subscribe to MoreCore on the Forge to get any new updates.
This also means you should remove your traditionally downloaded version if it still doesnt show the update (but I think it will overwrite) and make sure you dont have any unpacked copies in your /rulesets directory also.

damned
December 20th, 2021, 01:26
I've returned to the master to ask a question. I can't seem to find an answer online.
The "effects" on the combat tracker such as "REGEN: 1" where every turn the effect would heal the player or npc 1.
Is this disabled on more core? Are all effects disabled? Is there an extension I Could get to use them.
Not a big deal just curious for poison dmgs etc.

Been using morecore now for a few months. Excellent work.

Effects are Informational only in MoreCore
Nothing has been removed. I have just not built out any Effects as they tend to be very game specific.

You could try using one of the
/c#mod rolls (line it up with your health) to assist but it wont be automated.

What are you playing using MoreCore?

CJR
December 20th, 2021, 19:47
Hi all

Apologize if this is the wrong forum, for errors!

Anyone else having issues running MoreCore after the lates unity update?

Getting [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "desktop/scripts/chat_window.lua"]:11: attempt to call field 'retrieveLaunchMessages' (a nil value)

And have no sidebare menu!
Hi all Anyone else having issues running MoreCore after the lates unity update?

Getting [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "desktop/scripts/chat_window.lua"]:11: attempt to call field 'retrieveLaunchMessages' (a nil value)

And have no sidebare menu!

If you go to the FORGE and subscribe to MoreCore there, you then just need to exit Fantasy Grounds Unity, and reload and run update. You will get a sidebar. What I can't do so far is work out how to edit buttons but I'm reading backwards trying to find the answer! It used to be under Options but isn't now?

superteddy57
December 20th, 2021, 19:53
The sidebar is all available. You can't remove buttons. The categories are expandable and collapsible, to show/hide the buttons in that category.

CJR
December 20th, 2021, 20:03
The sidebar is all available. You can't remove buttons. The categories are expandable and collapsible, to show/hide the buttons in that category.

Ah OK. So Story entries and encounters etc have their visibility set in each entry? The reason I'm asking is because I had made modules such as "spells" and the button is not listed under campaigns. Is there a way of renaming buttons, or replacing them with my module? When I click on the drop down button my modules I created do not appear and obviously I am checking the settings carefully. I'm run Ars Magica latest build in latest MoreCore, and my Spells module (built with kind permission) is really very useful.

CJ x

damned
December 20th, 2021, 20:27
Ah OK. So Story entries and encounters etc have their visibility set in each entry? The reason I'm asking is because I had made modules such as "spells" and the button is not listed under campaigns. Is there a way of renaming buttons, or replacing them with my module? When I click on the drop down button my modules I created do not appear and obviously I am checking the settings carefully. I'm run Ars Magica latest build in latest MoreCore, and my Spells module (built with kind permission) is really very useful.

CJ x

Hi CJR can you PM me the module or a link to the module and Ill test it.

keil
December 21st, 2021, 04:05
Ok thanks I was curious.

We are playing a slightly modified version of warhammer 2e.
We were playing elsewhere but switch over to FGU.

damned
December 21st, 2021, 05:04
Ok thanks I was curious.

We are playing a slightly modified version of warhammer 2e.
We were playing elsewhere but switch over to FGU.

Very good.

bloodylemming
December 22nd, 2021, 02:58
How does one dynamically set the color of text in a label? For instance, if a checkbox is checked, the text would turn green.

I have multiple, unrelated questions, should I post each in a separate thread?

Thank you kindly.

damned
December 22nd, 2021, 03:25
Im not sure you can. What you could do is set an Icon underneath the label
You could programatically show hide teh icon (eg a green box) or you could use an IconCycler and programmatically set the state.

bloodylemming
December 22nd, 2021, 07:48
Im not sure you can. What you could do is set an Icon underneath the label
You could programatically show hide teh icon (eg a green box) or you could use an IconCycler and programmatically set the state.

So there's no .getColor, or .setColor type function? Could of sworn the Castles and Crusades sheet did that... Maybe I can try to tear that one apart to see what's actually going on.

bloodylemming
December 22nd, 2021, 07:54
I have a field that requires several values from other fields, to calculate. I'd like to have the calculation on that one field, instead of having to repeat it on every other field, which would make changes so much easier.
Is there a way to, say put that formula in an onInit function in the calculated field, then in the other fields, in the onValueChange, force the calculating field to re-initialize?
Or maybe another solution would be to have the calculation in a function, and just call that function in each of the source fields? If so, do you have a tutorial on creating functions?

damned
December 22nd, 2021, 08:03
So there's no .getColor, or .setColor type function? Could of sworn the Castles and Crusades sheet did that... Maybe I can try to tear that one apart to see what's actually going on.

You should totally pull apart other rulesets!
use the Find In Files feature of Notepad++ to search unpacked rulesets.
Start with what you know - eg if you find somewhere that does this search on the text.
That will likely give you a string_resource
Then search on the string_resource name
etc

damned
December 22nd, 2021, 08:04
I have a field that requires several values from other fields, to calculate. I'd like to have the calculation on that one field, instead of having to repeat it on every other field, which would make changes so much easier.
Is there a way to, say put that formula in an onInit function in the calculated field, then in the other fields, in the onValueChange, force the calculating field to re-initialize?
Or maybe another solution would be to have the calculation in a function, and just call that function in each of the source fields? If so, do you have a tutorial on creating functions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxAfyK4idBc

bloodylemming
December 23rd, 2021, 16:11
Okay, for the first part, I'm just trying to get one of the fields to recalculate the target when it's updated.

Here's what I have in the function:

function calculateAbilityMod(nodeChar, strMod, numCurrent)

local nResult =0;

if numCurrent < 10 then
nResult = math.ceil((nScore - 10) / 2);
elseif numCurrent > 10 then
nResult = math.floor((nScore - 10) / 2);
else
nResult = 0;
end

nodeChar.getChild(strMod).setValue(nResult);

return true;

end

Here's what I have in one of the triggers:

function onValueChanged()
--values passed> nodeChar, strMod, numCurrent
local nodeChar = window.getDatabaseNode();
local strMod = "numStrengthMod";
local numCurrent = nodeChar.getChild("numStrengthCurrent").getValue();

charManager.calculateAbilityMod(nodeChar, strMod, numCurrent);
end

I don't think I'm handling the strMod value properly... I need this value so the function knows which stat modifier to update...

bloodylemming
December 23rd, 2021, 16:18
According to the developer of Ruleset Wizard, there is a .setColor and .getColor (as well as .getFontColor and .setFontColor) method for labels, but I can't seem to get them to work...

Trenloe
December 23rd, 2021, 21:02
According to the developer of Ruleset Wizard, there is a .setColor and .getColor (as well as .getFontColor and .setFontColor) method for labels, but I can't seem to get them to work...
Probably better to ask coding questions in the Workshop sub-forum - you'll also get more people who can answer looking at your questions in that forum, and you won't take up this MoreCore thread with generic coding questions.

bloodylemming
December 23rd, 2021, 21:12
Probably better to ask coding questions in the Workshop sub-forum - you'll also get more people who can answer looking at your questions in that forum, and you won't take up this MoreCore thread with generic coding questions.

Good advice. Thanks!

Michael Hopcroft
December 27th, 2021, 23:20
What language was that code written in? Not that knowing it would make me understand it, but it does make me curious about what people are doing. My non-skill at coding is dissuading me from doing the alterations or additions needed to bring my ideas of systems to use to life.

Varsuuk
December 28th, 2021, 01:26
Lua

You can see more at:
https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996644285/Developer+Guide

Durhazz
December 30th, 2021, 06:18
The Side bar has disappeared when I use Morecore after the last update. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

damned
December 30th, 2021, 09:42
Please remove your downloaded copy and subscribe to MoreCore on the Forge.

Durhazz
December 30th, 2021, 18:21
That was it! Thank you Damned!

keil
January 2nd, 2022, 17:20
I was worried there for a bit trying to get the forge to work and remove the old .pak. Thought I had lost everything.
Anyways, Is there a way to remove Races, Parcels, etc from Campaigns on the drop down list on the right side buttons?
I thought it was under options-->sidebar. But I don't see that anywhere.

damned
January 3rd, 2022, 05:19
There is not - all campaign tools are always available in the menu now.

bloodylemming
January 3rd, 2022, 18:25
There is not - all campaign tools are always available in the menu now.

When I created the Languages sidebar item, is that not a standard bit from CoreRPG? Maybe I set that up wrong...

damned
January 3rd, 2022, 21:24
If it were standard you wouldnt be creating it.
Languages are managed in Options on GMs side.

damned
January 3rd, 2022, 21:26
Also you have crossed into a different thread - this thread is about MoreCore.

bloodylemming
January 4th, 2022, 03:52
Also you have crossed into a different thread - this thread is about MoreCore.

Sorry. Didn't realize what thread I was on.

Engelmann
January 6th, 2022, 17:42
Hi Damian,

First, Happy new year !

Since last FGU update I have a problem with the MoreCore ruleset.
The right menu panel doesn't show up any more.
There is a error message on launch. See picture.
I downloaded and install latest version of MoreCore here but it didn't help.
Any idea ?
Thanks

R.I.K
January 6th, 2022, 17:51
Hi Damian,

First, Happy new year !

Since last FGU update I have a problem with the MoreCore ruleset.
The right menu panel doesn't show up any more.
There is a error message on launch. See picture.
I downloaded and install latest version of MoreCore here but it didn't help.
Any idea ?
Thanks

Hi on page 302 CJR did make a replay (BTW THX CJR)

If you go to the FORGE and subscribe to MoreCore there, you then just need to exit Fantasy Grounds Unity, and reload and run update. You will get a sidebar. What I can't do so far is work out how to edit buttons but I'm reading backwards trying to find the answer! It used to be under Options but isn't now?

It works perfectly :)
https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/

Engelmann
January 6th, 2022, 18:14
Thanks R.I.K (and CJR)

I still have two errors in the logs, some design problems but at least I have the sidebar and I'll be able to run my game tomorrow.

damned
January 6th, 2022, 21:55
Hi Engelmann remove the copy that is in your extensions folder. Remove any unpacked copies. Then rerun the FG Updater. That should fix you up.

Engelmann
January 7th, 2022, 13:46
Thanks. It worked fine.

lamorric
January 14th, 2022, 20:54
Can someone point me at a MoreCore FGU extension that makes the CT Round counter into 2 fields like round and pass or turn and segment?

Thanks in advance.

damned
January 15th, 2022, 03:42
I am not aware of any MoreCore extensions that add other options to the Combat Tracker turns.

snakh
February 7th, 2022, 21:39
I'm having an issue when I click the "chat" button from an entry in the character sheet (screenshot attached)

When I click this button, I get the following error:

[2/7/2022 2:23:18 PM] s'ActorManager.getActor - DEPRECATED - 2021-01-01 - Use resolveActor'
[2/7/2022 2:23:18 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "common/scripts/morecore_rolls.lua"]:138: attempt to concatenate local 'sParams' (a nil value)

Edit: It was user error. I didn't understand what goes in Dice String so the code was choking on the nonsense I was feeding it. I would recommend possibly having more helpful error messages though :)

Details: I'm in FGU, recently installed MoreCore via Forge. Updated today, trying to use it for the first time. I have neither the old ruleset from the forum post nor the old extension, only the ruleset from Forge. No other extensions are active in this campaign.

damned
February 7th, 2022, 21:44
Thanks Snakh - one last check - please post your chat window straight after you load the MoreCore campaign so I can confirm versions.

damned
February 7th, 2022, 21:48
Ive just tested the following successfully without errors.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=51373

snakh
February 8th, 2022, 01:24
I'm on version 1.63 (same as your screenshot). To replicate the behavior I was seeing, you can do the following steps:

Create a new roll either in a character sheet or in Rolls.
In the roll's "Dice String" field, enter an invalid die string which doesn't begin with / (my original string was 3d6 but just about any invalid value should replicate)
If you created it as a Roll object, drag it onto a character sheet
Click the Chat icon next to it on the character sheet

That should allow you to see the behavior I described. Obviously that is not the intended way to use the sheet, and it was user error on my part. However, that seems like it's an easy enough error to make that it warrants error catching with helpful messaging, maybe in the chat.

damned
February 8th, 2022, 02:11
Thanks for confirming.
There is a lot of improved error handling that could be done in MoreCore :bandit: its just time... There are so many legal commands in there I need to see what would be the best - I cant recall if every legal command should have a "/" in it - if so then that would be straight forward.

kronovan
February 15th, 2022, 23:21
I think I may have know this at 1 time, but for the life of me I can't remember.
Anyhow, what I'm wondering is if there's some syntax that will enable an attack box or CT roll to read the Target PC's/NPC's Defence and on a success report it as a Hit in the Chat window? Similar to the way other rulesets do. Despite all my attempts, I can only achieve a simple chat notification along the lines of; "Attacking PC/NPC vs Target PC/NPC." Whereas I'd ideally like something like: "Attacking PC/NPC vs Target PC/NPC. Successful Hit"

damned
February 16th, 2022, 00:23
There are several rolls that will compare to AC such as /thac0 and /attackac and /gsattack and /maweapon and /witcherattack

One of the first two is most likely the one for you.

kronovan
February 16th, 2022, 00:34
Thanks Damned. It was indeed /attackac #d#+#+xH that I was forgetting. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall now that the attackac syntax can only be used in a CT roll; i.e. it won't work if entered in the Attack box on a NPC sheet.

damned
February 16th, 2022, 02:24
Yes it is a Roll and Rolls need to be added in the rolls section.
I was going to remove the Attacks section in favour of Rolls as Rolls can do everything Attacks do and much more ofc. However a small number of extensions make use of Attacks so it stays.

kronovan
February 16th, 2022, 03:32
Yes it is a Roll and Rolls need to be added in the rolls section.
I was going to remove the Attacks section in favour of Rolls as Rolls can do everything Attacks do and much more ofc. However a small number of extensions make use of Attacks so it stays.

Thanks for confirming. Something I've noticed with the default MoreCore theme now that I've started to remove entries in NPC's Attacks boxes in favor of using CT Rolls...The "Attacks" label text remains despite nothing being in that text box, and the "Special" text overwrites it making that label unreadable.

damned
February 16th, 2022, 21:19
Ive updated NPCs to fix Special/Attacks display.
Ive added Type to NPCs and this works with the NPC Campaign Tool List View as per kronovans request.

Updated in the Forge.

kronovan
February 17th, 2022, 22:21
Many thanks damned for adding the Type field. I edited some of my NPCs using the new type box for factions and it's made a world of difference in being able to quickly sort them based on faction.

kronovan
February 18th, 2022, 00:36
I'm adapting a tabletop game where some rare characters have a Regenerate feature that allows them to heal Health/Hit Points. The amount they heal is always a determined amount in increments of 10, so Regeneration 10, Regeneration 20, etc.

I've been trying to use the HealMe dice roll as described on the MoreCore Basic Manual webpage using the following syntax: /healme 1d0+10. The CT Roll does display the correct icon for the roll button. However, when I make the roll this error is being listed in the log window:

"[2/17/2022 4:20:15 PM] s'ActorManager.getActor - DEPRECATED - 2021-01-01 - Use resolveActor'
[2/17/2022 4:20:16 PM] s'ActorManager.getActor - DEPRECATED - 2021-01-01 - Use resolveActor'
[2/17/2022 4:20:16 PM] s'onLanded: ' | { s'sType' = s'npc', s'sCreatureNode' = s'npc.id-00100', s'sName' = s'CANDEROUS ORDO' } | nil | { s'aDice' = { #1 = { s'value' = #0, s'type' = s'd0', s'result' = #0 }, s'expr' = s'd0' }, s'nMod' = #10, s'sWho' = s'npc.id-00100', s'sType' = s'healme', s'bSecret' = bFALSE, s'sDesc' = s'Regeneration 10' }
[2/17/2022 4:20:16 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_custom_healme.lua"]:138: bad argument #2 to 'tonumber' (base out of range)"

So if I'm reading that correctly, the ActorManger.getActor function no longer exists and should be replaced with ActorManager.resolveActor. My question is how?
I'm guessing I'd need to create an extension to do this. I remember creating a Savage World extension that initialized (or is the correct term instantiated) the ActorManager, in order to be able to replace the default Arcane Backgrounds. Would the required setup scripting for this be similar?
And before I even dive down that rabbit hole, is there a newer undocumented MoreCore roll that replaces the HealMe roll?

Moon Wizard
February 18th, 2022, 00:39
If you look at the ActorManager.getActor(sActorType, v) call, it simply passes to ActorManager.resolveActor(v). You would just replace your getActor calls with resolveActor calls with one less parameter.

That stuff is part of the CoreRPG base layer.

Regards,
JPG

kronovan
February 18th, 2022, 01:02
Many thanks for the reply Moon Wizard - I'll check into it.

damned
February 18th, 2022, 01:51
ill need to update that roll. ill do it over the weekend.

damned
February 18th, 2022, 09:58
Uploading a new build now...

kronovan
February 18th, 2022, 20:58
Yeah...I see that you fixed the /healme roll damned - awesome stuff!

The biggest challenge I'm currently having is trying to make sense of the display of the Health and Defence on the Combat Tracker. I get very inconsistent results for those, with more often then naught the Health and Defense columns not getting displayed correctly for either the GM or players. Sometimes the Health and Defence headers are displayed but nothing for those 2 are listed for the NPCs. Other times those 2 columns aren't listed at all. Meanwhile the Wound column is always displayed correctly. Yet at other times -albeit more rare- all 3 columns are correctly configured for both the GM and players.

I might very well being doing something wrong, because TBH I'm confused by the Health and Defense columns only having the 2 settings of "Off" and "GM Only"? Shouldn't those also have a 3rd setting of "GM and Player" like the Wounds column does? For my latest tabletop miniatures adaptation, the player being able to see Health and Defence is important, as knowledge of those strongly influences tactical decisions for combat. I'm just not sure what I should be setting those columns to in Options, to arrive at such a visible setup?

damned
February 18th, 2022, 21:31
No other game system shows the health and armor of NPCs in the CT to players.
I adopted the same approach.

kronovan
February 18th, 2022, 23:34
No other game system shows the health and armor of NPCs in the CT to players.

The weird thing is, the Health and Defence are sometimes being displayed in the CT for the player. I should probably mention, that when I'm seeing that, the other player is via a 2nd instance of FGU running on the same PC and joining to the Ultimate Host instance. Still, I wouldn't expect the FGU player-client would be capable or errantly reading settings from the Ultimate Host, since it's a properly compiled app with its own protected use of memory. My son will be connecting to and playtesting my adaptation as a player this weekend, so that should reveal to me whether there's any difference between a locally vs a remotely connected player.

As to other games systems/rulesets...While it isn't named health and armor, the Savage Worlds ruleset does display the armor equivalent of Toughness (provided Client CT: Show Stats option is 'On') to players, as well as the Shaken and Incapacitated conditions and wounds for both allied and enemy NPCs. Call of Cthulhu 7 which I also own, doesn't display armor, but the View: Health - Ally and View: Health - non-ally options when set to "Detailed", displays to the players the current Hit Points, Magic and Sanity scores for allied and enemy NPCs. The D&D 5e ruleset, provided the View: Health -Ally and View: Health - Non-ally options are set to "Detailed" do display the current Hit Points for PCs and NPCs to the players. I might be wrong about this, but of all the rulesets I have (bought and free), I believe all feature an option to display to the players the Health, or its equivalent for allied and non-allied NPCs.

I respect your decision that displaying Health or Armor to players is out of the scope of the MoreCore ruleset. It's the display of Health for allied NPCs that's most important for my adaptation, as it's only viewable on NPC sheets and my players will potentially be managing many NPCs at a time.

What I'm wondering, is whether it might be possible for me to code an extension that allows a "GM & Player" option for Health and whether a players view of the Health column could be enabled for the CT?

damned
February 18th, 2022, 23:46
It totally can be coded by extension.

kronovan
February 19th, 2022, 00:15
OK cool. Am I being naive that it could be as simple as finding where in the MoreCore ruleset that the "GM and Player" option for 'CT: Column 3 Wounds (Vis)' is enabled and how it's read for the Combat Tracker. And then code the equivalent for 'CT: Column 1 Health (Synced PC/NPC)(Vis)' option?

And while I'm mention that, what does the "Synced PC/NPC" exactly refer to? Does that just meant that Health will be read from the NPC / PC sheet and displayed in Column 1, or is it something perhaps more complex than that?

damned
February 19th, 2022, 02:59
Ohhhh its going to be a lot more complex than just changing the Option.
You are also going to need to edit the ct_client.xml

Where are you seeing Synced PC/NPC?
Sorry I work on lots of projects and cannot recall everything about them all...

kronovan
February 19th, 2022, 18:16
Where are you seeing Synced PC/NPC?

That's what's listed in the Options for the Combat Tracker settings for Health and Defence. The full text listings are "CT: Column 1 Health (Synced PC/NPC)(Vis)" and "CT: Column 2 Health (Synced PC/NPC)(Vis)". Whereas for the Wounds, the Options listing just states "CT: Column 3 Wounds (Vis)".

[Edit] As strange as this may sound, I've confirmed that the /healme roll won't work unless the NPC is in the Combat Tracker and you open the NPC Sheet from there. If you open an NPC from the NPC window, executing /healme in a CT Roll produces the error I reported earlier.

damned
February 19th, 2022, 23:37
I cant recall all my reasoning on those labels.

Health and Defence are present on both PC and NPC sheets but Wounds is only present on PC Sheets. That is how FG typically works. 90% (much more probably) of NPCs are mooks in most systems and games and dont survive past the encounter.
But following that reasoning C4 and C5 are present on both PC and NPC sheets and are syncd...

As to Rolls for NPCs. They are designed only to work from the CT for NPCs.
For PCs they are designed to work from the Charsheet.

kronovan
February 20th, 2022, 20:39
Health and Defence are present on both PC and NPC sheets but Wounds is only present on PC Sheets. That is how FG typically works. 90% (much more probably) of NPCs are mooks in most systems and games and dont survive past the encounter.
But following that reasoning C4 and C5 are present on both PC and NPC sheets and are syncd...
Ah Ok, that's more or less the conclusion I came too - that the synced refers to those column values being directly read from the PC/NPC sheet.

For my tabletop miniatures adaptation, I'm admittedly using MoreCore in an unconventional way, as I'm not using any PC sheets; just NPC sheets. That's because the details on the character cards for the source game are simpler than what you typically have on a PC sheet. Players (both host and connecting) will need to potentially have a good number of character sheets open at a time, so the more compact NPC sheets are a better fit. I'm using the C4 and C5 fields on NPC sheets for Attack and Damage and with that configuration there's a good resemblance to the source game's character cards. As well, a big part of the game is squad building. While we'll be using a 3rd party app for that, I need to create those squads as encounters, so player squads can have multiples for the same NPC. Encounters are proving to work well, because I can share it with the player for confirmation before I push their squad into the CT. That does limit game play to 1 Vs 1 skirmishes, but that's the standard mode of play for the vast majority of matches for the source game anyways. It'd be ideal if there was a way to allow connecting players to control more than green friendly NPCs. As well, having the player able to create their own Encounter and populate it with their squad of NPCs, would be ideal. I'm guessing that's defined and controlled by CoreRPG? So even if I get enthused about attempting an extension that would allow those, it probably isn't doable.

As to Rolls for NPCs. They are designed only to work from the CT for NPCs.
For PCs they are designed to work from the Charsheet.
Yes this poses a challenge for me, as my connecting player needs to have the CT Tracker instance of the NPC sheets. I've found if I drag & drop the NPC from the CT onto their player portrait (they choose a Player 1 pseudo-PC when they connect), that the NPC sheets work, even for /healme rolls. Having the Health column in the connecting players CT Tracker would be quicker for them to discern starting Health vs current wounds as opposed to reading it from the NPC sheet - hence my considering an extension that will allow that.

damned
February 20th, 2022, 21:50
Heres a quick test to try kronovan
Unpack MoreCore on your computer in the rulesets folder and rename ct_client.xml as ct_client.old and copy ct_host.xml and rename the copy as ct_client.xml
See if that works for your particular case.
Players will still need one Character assigned to them and then you might be able to share all their NPCs to them and they might be able to operate from the CT.

Untested worth a shot for your use case.

kronovan
February 20th, 2022, 21:56
Unpack MoreCore on your computer in the rulesets folder and rename ct_client.xml as ct_client.old and copy ct_host.xml and rename the copy as ct_client.xml
Players will still need one Character assigned to them and then you might be able to share all their NPCs to them and they might be able to operate from the CT.

Untested worth a shot for your use case.

Thanks for the suggestion damned, I'll give it a try.

kronovan
February 21st, 2022, 21:09

Well I gave it a try, with the result that the connecting player can no longer even view the Wounds column. After configuring FG MoreCore to use the ct_host.xml for the client as well, all the connecting player can view in the CT is NPC names and the Order column.

damned
February 21st, 2022, 22:32
Unfortunate.
Im probably not going to have time to dig into this for you kronovan
Roll your changes back and consider trying to add one column into the ct_client at a time.

kronovan
February 21st, 2022, 22:42
Hey no problem damned. My son is going to be my 1st player and he's currently on reading break, so I'll make diving into the XMLs and scripts a co-project for us; son's in 3rd year of Comp Sci. Of course he's got all sorts of activities to catch up on this week, so we'll see.
Otherwise, I did start reading through a few of the XMLs and LUA scripts and I found a discrepancy in one (it defines 3 choices for the CT Health and Defence columns; "Player", "GM "and "Both"), but I can't recall the exact file name. I had the thought that might explain some of the inconsistencies I'm seeing on the client side; such as the CT Health and Defence columns occasionally displaying for the player.

crleonhard
February 24th, 2022, 21:03
I'm seeing a warning on loading a new MoreCore campaign: "could not load script file (MoreCore)(DesktopMC)(scripts/data_desktop_5E.lua)". I've confirmed that I see that entry in the MoreCore base.xml and that the file in question is not present in the scripts dir, and that it's build 163b, which I believe is current. Should I just copy this file over from the 5E ruleset, where I do see it?

damned
February 24th, 2022, 21:57
No. I do not know how they got there.
It looks like it first appeared in the first build of 1.63 but it is not valid.
It will be gone in the next build.

crleonhard
February 24th, 2022, 22:01
On a possibly related note, getting warnings for these button types with no defined template in data_library_mc:
aGMListButtons = { "button_npc_letter", "button_npc_cr", "button_npc_type" },

damned
February 25th, 2022, 03:36
I added the NPC filters functionality in quickly last build for kronovan

Ill check into those warnings but they are not going to break anything.

kronovan
March 1st, 2022, 21:33
Unfortunate.
Im probably not going to have time to dig into this for you kronovan
Roll your changes back and consider trying to add one column into the ct_client at a time.

My son and I barely touched the script and XMLs, but we did begin exploring it this past week. I'd forgotten you can display the C4 and C5 numeric fields on the CT. I've being using those for Attack and Damage a NPC deals, so I enabled them for the CT and labeled them accordingly. That's been a world of difference as the connecting player now has a quick view of most of their miniature figures core stats, which greatly aids in combat decisions - really only Health is missing.

I've started a new project adapting the Force on Force tabletop miniature rules to MoreCore. It's a bit of an odd-person-out in terms of miniatures, as the smallest unit are teams of 4 to 11 figurines (tokens for FGU) and they're always treated as a cohesive single unit; fireteam or a squad. It's been easy to implement with MoreCore, as I just use a single NPC for a unit and represent it on the map with a token consisting of a graphic of their IRL historical unit type or army insignia. Meanwhile the fireteam/squad members are just tokens placed directly on the map. All targeting per the FoF rules are done from center of unit to center of unit and line of sight is always performed from unit leader figurine to unit leader figurine. Center of unit - center of unit is just done by targeting between my NPC-unit tokens and for LoS checks we've just been using the stretchable pointer, which as with the experience in my other miniature adaptation, is an excellent tool for the job. Once again MoreCore is proving to be a very good ruleset for this and this adaptation is perhaps an even better fit because the NPC sheets required to be open by the connecting player are kept at a minimum.

One thing that would make my adaptation more effective, is if it were possible for me to create an extension that displays some dice results in a different color - only ever seen it in the Savage World Adventure Edition ruleset where they're recolored for critical failures. For attacks in Force on Force, players roll a dice pool equivalent to their unit's current strength + special weapons. For defense they do the same, but the max number of dice in the pool is capped by what they're being attacked with. Only results of 4+ are kept and successful Attack results are compared against successful Defense results. I've been using the /pool roll in CT formulas with very good results. Reading the results in the chat window is a bit of a challenge though, as sometimes a number of dice in double digits are rolled. It would terrific if I could somehow have dice resulting in a 3 or less displayed in a different color; i.e. red. Another approach would be to only display the results of dice pool roll that have a 4 or higher result.

So...I'm wondering if it's possible to code such a extension and whether it's something that would involve the MoreCore of the CoreRPG ruleset?

damned
March 1st, 2022, 22:28
The simplest way to address this would be at the start of each session (so add it to a hotkey) type the following in chat

/pooltype orderresult

And then it will order the dice making it easier to count starting from 4

damned
March 1st, 2022, 22:37
Alternatively skip the Dice Pool and create a roll or rolls like this:

Action Roll
roll: /rollover (this will auto change to reflect the values below)
enable formula: yes
param: /rollover (p1)d6x4
hide parameter: p2, p3

You can then set the base number of dice in the p1 field.

You can create various mod rolls like this:

Armour
roll: /mod (this will auto change to reflect the values below)
param: /mod (p1)

Flanking

then to use you add whatever mods from these prepared rolls, and you can simply add a value straight to modifier box, they all stack
then click the Action Roll
the results will display normally but there is an additional message on the roll that tells you how many dice were 4+

kronovan
March 2nd, 2022, 03:55
Thanks for all the suggestions damned.

The simplest way to address this would be at the start of each session (so add it to a hotkey) type the following in chat

/pooltype orderresult

And then it will order the dice making it easier to count starting from 4

This works, provided I send all Attack and Defense rolls to the Dice Pool box -I do have it enabled- and double click the pool box to roll the dice in chat. The problem though, is that I've been bypassing that step for the sake of expediency and sending my /pool rolls directly to the chat box.

Alternatively skip the Dice Pool and create a roll or rolls like this:

Action Roll
roll: /rollover (this will auto change to reflect the values below)
param: /rollover (p1)d6x4

I'm fairly certain I tried that earlier, but /rollover didn't work due to the complexity of my formula. Currently I'm pulling the dice type from the hero field (my Troop Quality dice type) as Ref Field B, the number of dice from the Health (current strength of the unit reflected in number of dice) as Ref Field A and the C4 field (my # of special weapons) as Ref Field C. So my pool formula looks like this: /pool (a)d(b)+(c)d(b). When I tried to do something with the /rollover roll for that it never worked. Regardless, Rollover just displays an extra text line stating how many of the rolls were successes, whereas what I really need is a way to highlight failures or successes. The orderesault certainly achieves that by listing the lower dice results at the beginning. If only it could be used for /pool rolls sent directly to the chat window.

You can then set the base number of dice in the p1 field.

You can create various mod rolls like this:

Armour

Flanking

then to use you add whatever mods from these prepared rolls, and you can simply add a value straight to modifier box, they all stack
then click the Action Roll
the results will display normally but there is an additional message on the roll that tells you how many dice were 4+

I'm afraid I'm really not following you here. I've read about /mod on the MoreCore Basic User Manual webpage, but I have to admit I'm stumped by what's described there. :confused:

damned
March 2nd, 2022, 04:59
What does this bit mean?

This works, provided I send all Attack and Defense rolls to the Dice Pool box -I do have it enabled- and double click the pool box to roll the dice in chat. The problem though, is that I've been bypassing that step for the sake of expediency and sending my /pool rolls directly to the chat box.

Modifier: /mod # (adds entry to the Modifier box, accepts negatives)

Works like this:

Flanking

When clicking this it will add a pip to the modifier stack, add the value to that pip/slot, adjust the running total, and add the description (in this case Flanking) to the stack.

Then if you roll can use the modifier stack - not all can - it will pick the running total and all the descriptions up and modify your roll.

damned
March 2nd, 2022, 05:10
You can try

/die (p1)d(p2)s4f1

or you could try
/die (p1)d6s4f1+(p2)d8f1s4
assuming you are only throwing 6s and 8s for example

these rolls will subtract the fails from the successes

kronovan
March 2nd, 2022, 17:04
What does this bit mean?

What I meant is that I have Options > Table: 'Dice pool' set to "On". Because in a few situations the dice rolls in Force on Force cab be quite dynamic, so I want the dice pool there in case the players needed to manually build a dice pool. if I've executed a /pooltype orderresult command in chat and leave the dice pool box checked on. Then make a /pool roll from a NPC CT Roll formula to populate it and then double-click the Dice Pool to execute the roll in chat, the roll is always ordered lowest to highest . When I uncheck the Dice Pool box to make the roll directly to chat though, the 2nd to next roll and all those thereafter are randomly ordered. If I check the Dice Pool box back on, the rolls are again ordered lowest to highest. In my case, it would be terrific if CT Rolls pushed directly to to chat continued to be ordered lowest to highest until another /pooltype orderresult command was executed. My ideal is to have NPC CT Rolls made directly in chat and only have the Dice Pool box involved when a player needs to build a complex pool.

Modifier: /mod # (adds entry to the Modifier box, accepts negatives)

Works like this:

Flanking

When clicking this it will add a pip to the modifier stack, add the value to that pip/slot, adjust the running total, and add the description (in this case Flanking) to the stack.

Then if you roll can use the modifier stack - not all can - it will pick the running total and all the descriptions up and modify your roll.

OK I think I get it now. It sounds like an alternative to manually building dice combinations via the Dice Pool box.

[Edit] Just so you're aware, I have a issue using the Token Height Indication extension with MoreCore. My problem which I've reported to the extension creator GKEnialb, is that the player can't change the elevation for their PC or NPC tokens via his [ALT]+Mouse Wheel shortcut - works fine for the GM. However, my player is able to change both PC and NPC tokens' facing and scaling with the [SHIFT]+Mouse Wheel and [CTRL]+Mouse Wheel shortcuts. GKEnialb who's coded some changes to make his extension more compatible with MoreCore, can't reproduce my issue though in his tests. I mostly mention it because it does raise the possibility that something might be wrong with my FGU installation.

damned
March 2nd, 2022, 18:55
ive not used that extension sorry...

did you also try the last roll I mentioned?

kronovan
March 3rd, 2022, 04:29
You can try

/die (p1)d(p2)s4f1

or you could try
/die (p1)d6s4f1+(p2)d8f1s4
assuming you are only throwing 6s and 8s for example

I just got a chance to try it now and I like it and think it's doable - thanks for suggesting it and providing an example. The 1st example is probably more applicable because I'm always going to grab my dice type from the Troop Quality/repurposed Hero Point field.

Engelmann
March 10th, 2022, 07:08
Hi Damned,

I had an issue that may concern More Core.
Please have a look at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?72939-Drop-dice-bonus-result-into-a-table-ActorManager-getActor-DEPRECATED
Thanks

damned
March 10th, 2022, 08:41
Hi Engelmann you will need to provide me a little more info...
What are you doing and what is the error you are getting?

damned
March 10th, 2022, 08:47
What version of MoreCore and CoreRPG are you running?
I had removed all getActors earlier - or so I had thought - I just found one more now and have uploaded - but it doesnt look like its from anywhere near when you are playing?
Please update in Forge and try again - thanks.

Engelmann
March 10th, 2022, 10:47
Hi Damned,

I don't know how to explain ist better than in my post https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?72939-Drop-dice-bonus-result-into-a-table-ActorManager-getActor-DEPRECATED

I have a player stat that is preset with dice (d100+bonus).
I drag the dice into a table with other tables embedded (multi level tables). The dice is OK (d100+bonus), the table result displayed has following message before it (see screenshot) :

ActorManager.getActor - DEPRECATED - 2021-01-01 - Contact forge/extension author

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=51936&d=1646847785

damned
March 10th, 2022, 11:17
Im sorry Engelmann but I cannot replicate.

Cyberlinxz
March 10th, 2022, 13:38
Question on roll for FG classic morecore I am a lost on how to use the /followon command I and wanting to have it will it runs a table after a spell roll I made a roll that look like this but it does not roll on the table (/followon [Confusion] rollon [Confusion]) the first is a roll /spell the second is a table is it due to the I also tried (/followon [Confusion] rollon [Confusion Table) but did not work either how do I use it please

gunsnammo
March 10th, 2022, 13:40
Im sorry Engelmann but I cannot replicate.

That's unfortunate. I was hoping you'd have a solution to this error since both a friend and I are getting this message as well.

damned
March 10th, 2022, 13:48
That's unfortunate. I was hoping you'd have a solution to this error since both a friend and I are getting this message as well.

When I try and drag dice from that tab on the CharSheet (which is pure CoreRPG code - there is no MoreCore code on that tab) to a table it just rolls the original Attribute/Skill and doesnt interact with the table at all.

If you are doing something different I cant decipher it from your screenshot.

Have you confirmed that you are definitely running the latest MoreCore and CoreRPG builds?

crleonhard
March 10th, 2022, 13:55
Hi damned, it looks like MoreCore still has some references to the deprecated ActorManager.getActor() in CoreRPG, which may be the source of Engelmann's issue:

...\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\rulesets\MoreCore\campaign\record_npc.xml (1 hit)
Line 235: local rActor = ActorManager.getActor("npc", window.getDatabaseNode());
...\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\rulesets\MoreCore\scripts\manager_actions. lua (2 hits)
Line 299: rSource = ActorManager.getActor(v.class, v.recordname);
Line 301: local rTarget = ActorManager.getActor(v.class, v.recordname);
...\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\rulesets\MoreCore\scripts\manager_custom_d sadamage.lua (1 hit)
Line 18: local rSource = ActorManager.getActor(msgOOB.sSourceType, msgOOB.sSourceNode);

damned
March 10th, 2022, 13:57
Question on roll for FG classic morecore I am a lost on how to use the /followon command I and wanting to have it will it runs a table after a spell roll I made a roll that look like this but it does not roll on the table (/followon [Confusion] rollon [Confusion]) the first is a roll /spell the second is a table is it due to the I also tried (/followon [Confusion] rollon [Confusion Table) but did not work either how do I use it please

So this doesnt use the name you provide for the roll it does it for the roll command name
Eg you would use
/followon spell rollon Confusion
However - it works for about 85% of rolls.
There are a bunch of older rolls that dont register the same way and these cant be used in the followon command
If it tells you that
Roll type is not registered.
then its an older format roll...

damned
March 10th, 2022, 14:00
Hi damned, it looks like MoreCore still has some references to the deprecated ActorManager.getActor() in CoreRPG, which may be the source of Engelmann's issue:

...\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\rulesets\MoreCore\campaign\record_npc.xml (1 hit)
Line 235: local rActor = ActorManager.getActor("npc", window.getDatabaseNode());
...\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\rulesets\MoreCore\scripts\manager_actions. lua (2 hits)
...\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\rulesets\MoreCore\scripts\manager_custom_d sadamage.lua (1 hit)
Line 18: local rSource = ActorManager.getActor(msgOOB.sSourceType, msgOOB.sSourceNode);

I dont think you are on the current live build...

crleonhard
March 10th, 2022, 14:04
Well, I'll concede that I'm a recent convert to Unity so it's entirely possible I'm missing something... I do have "MoreCore Universal Ruleset" subscribed with Update Enabled in the Forge, and Check for Updates is not pulling any updates to MC. My MC files have not updated since 2/24 (the day I subscribed), though, so I guess there's something more I have to do to get MC to update?

ETA: Nevermind, it looks like MC just updated this morning! I'm still seeing most of those getActor references in today's update, though...

damned
March 10th, 2022, 14:13
Very strange.
I just unpacked the version I pulled from the forge and it is not the same as what I bundled up...
Let me look into this...

damned
March 10th, 2022, 14:18
Please try and run the updater one more time...

Cyberlinxz
March 10th, 2022, 14:21
still could not get it to work but it is ok found a work around for it thanks for the help

Cyberlinxz
March 10th, 2022, 14:22
just by chance I know a lot of people have moved to FGU but is there still need for FGC ext and mod for games?

crleonhard
March 10th, 2022, 14:25
That update removed one of the remaining references, but the two in manager_actions.lua are still there:

Engelmann
March 10th, 2022, 15:07

After running another update I works fine for me again without error message.
Thanks.

Cartodude
March 10th, 2022, 19:31
I had run into the same issue last week. Made a copy of <script name="ActionsManager" file="scripts/manager_actions.lua" /> in an extension I created to update all the actor references in it and that fixed it last week. I just removed that reference from my ext. and ran the updater again and no error messages now about being depreciated.

But for some reason I also had to add CharEncumbranceManager.addStandardCalc(); to one of my init scripts to get the encumbrance section to work again. For some reason I couldn't figure out why this was no longer running (I hadn't touched anything related that) and this is part of just Core. So there are few things in Core that have broken other things somehow.

damned
March 10th, 2022, 21:16
Encumbrance and Currency will need to be redone completely in MoreCore at some point I think.

Forgottenmaster13
March 12th, 2022, 22:02
The diehard gaming site is down? I can't acess the MoreCore Manual.

stephan_
March 12th, 2022, 22:20
I am able to access it at the moment.

Forgottenmaster13
March 12th, 2022, 22:34
The link is https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html right?

stephan_
March 12th, 2022, 22:39
Yes, that one I can access.

I'm attaching a pdf print in case you urgently need it (I'll delete it afterwards) - I'm assuming damned won't mind the User Guide being accessed.

Edit: File removed.

Forgottenmaster13
March 12th, 2022, 22:46
Thanks for the PDF! Here neither do I nor my friends could acess the site.

damned
March 12th, 2022, 23:32
The site is down - but the MoreCore help page is up.
https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html

But it has a very aggressive firewall and if there are multiple hack attempts coming from your neighbours it starts blocking wider and wider IP blocks...
Its slightly too big to post here so here is an offline copy...
https://sydneyit-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/damian_sydneyit_net/EXM5lqT7M8tMvTxHtGNN49oB2bKWKXzuQjF7NTJ0as8uKQ?e=g 9VhEZ

Its quite basic doco - hope it helps.
Post any Qs here and they will get answered.

damned
March 12th, 2022, 23:51
Yes, that one I can access.

I'm attaching a pdf print in case you urgently need it (I'll delete it afterwards) - I'm assuming damned won't mind the User Guide being accessed.

Edit: File removed.

Sorry - these comments were over the page and i didnt see them when I posted my reply.
stephan_ I have no issue with you reposting the PDF just note that it is current at the time of posting.

kronovan
March 13th, 2022, 22:13
I seem to recall there being a way to change the button icon used on a specific CT Roll, but I can't find any way to do it. I seem to recall it being a [CTRL]+mouse key press on the icon when the roll was open for edit, but that doesn't work. Currently, all my CT Rolls involving "/die" syntax are all displayed with the chat button, which is not a particularly pertinent icon.

Is it possible to change that chat icon? Even the d20 polyhedral icon for the button would be better.

damned
March 13th, 2022, 22:23
click into and then away from the roll field and it will adopt the icon associated with whatever is in that field.

kronovan
March 14th, 2022, 03:57
click into and then away from the roll field and it will adopt the icon associated with whatever is in that field.

Brilliant damned - that worked perfectly!

Brotherkelly
March 17th, 2022, 19:36
Hi Damned

I created an extension for Battletech last year and am now getting the same deprecated message. Looking at the code within the MoreCore files, am I right in saying that I will need to change all instances of ActorManager.getActor to ActorManager.resolveActor? Also, do I no longer need to specify the character type (pc or npc) as shown below?

local rActor = ActorManager.getActor("pc", window.getDatabaseNode());

should now become

local rActor = ActorManager.resolveActor(window.getDatabaseNode() );

Dakadin
March 17th, 2022, 19:52
Hi Brotherkelly,

Yes, that is the change that you need to make to resolve that issue.

Dakadin

Brotherkelly
March 17th, 2022, 19:54
Thanks.

damned
March 17th, 2022, 22:07
Yep.

Brotherkelly
March 19th, 2022, 09:55
Hi Damned

I created an extension for Battletech last year and am now getting the same deprecated message. Looking at the code within the MoreCore files, am I right in saying that I will need to change all instances of ActorManager.getActor to ActorManager.resolveActor? Also, do I no longer need to specify the character type (pc or npc) as shown below?

local rActor = ActorManager.getActor("pc", window.getDatabaseNode());

should now become

local rActor = ActorManager.resolveActor(window.getDatabaseNode() );

I have updated the extension and no longer get the deprecated error. There were a few other lines I needed to amend when using the OOBMesssage but all good now, thanks.

damned
March 19th, 2022, 15:16
Good stuff Brotherkelly

Naron5
March 29th, 2022, 02:22
There is. You do need to edit the XML.
in file \campaign\record_char_more.xml
change lines 527, 536, 545 change the 9 to 13... experiment with what works for you

Hi Damned, currently importing Super Squadron from the 80's into MoreCore. I realise the above is likely pre-unity but I did the above, repacked it all and Unity started throwing errors re unknown rule system. I had to remove the .pak and allow FG to reload it and of course this wiped out the changes. Most attributes are double digits in Super Squadron, so how do I set the fields to show them?

Also, is there a way to set a parameter value by using two other fields. I want to have a range modifier calculated and displayed in a parameter field (p1) by including 2 reference fields (a) and (b). Is there some way to get (p1) to display (a)+(b)?

Finally, there is a stat that may contain a static field or a die in Super Squadron that gets applied to damage. Is there a way that I can make a damage roll that adds that static amount or die to the roll?

damned
March 29th, 2022, 02:28
Hi Naron5

There is an extension somewhere called Wide Peas that will make the change for you.
Make sure you are using MoreCore from the Forge now - that extension is still hidden somewhere in the forums - a search will reveal it.

No - there is nothing in MoreCore that will do what you want with showing a calculated value in a P field.
You would likely have to think about it differently or write an extension.

Naron5
March 29th, 2022, 06:16
Hi Naron5

There is an extension somewhere called Wide Peas that will make the change for you.
Make sure you are using MoreCore from the Forge now - that extension is still hidden somewhere in the forums - a search will reveal it.

No - there is nothing in MoreCore that will do what you want with showing a calculated value in a P field.
You would likely have to think about it differently or write an extension.

Thanks mate!

rmilmine
June 8th, 2022, 05:00
I took the srun4 die roller and modified it.
I modified the onLanded to include:

for _,v in ipairs (aDice) do
v.exploded = false;
local dieType = v.type;
if v.result >= nSucessThreshold then
nSuccesses = nSuccesses + 1;
dieType = "d3006"
if v.result == getDieMax(v.type) and nLimit == 0 then
table.insert(aRerollDice, v.type);
dieType = "d2006";
v.exploded = true;
end
elseif v.result <= nGlitchThreshold then
dieType = "d1006";
nFails = nFails + 1;
end
v.type = dieType;
table.insert(aSavedDice, v);
end

This is similar to other code I've seen in other dice rollers for changing the color of the die.
They show #d# at the heading for the chat message but I'm getting:

Anyone have a suggestion on how to get it to display all the d2006, d1006 and d3006 as d6?

rmilmine
June 8th, 2022, 05:36
If the file, campaign\record_cas.xml there is:

<windowclass name="cas_stats">
<sheetdata>
<string_column name="clichatcommand">
<script>
function onLoseFocus( )
end
</script>
</string_column>
</sheetdata>
</windowclass>

How in an extension can I replace the <script> section with either a file or just the text.
I don't want to replace the entire windowclass and have to copy all of what is in morecore for this windowclass.
I've tried using mergerule in several places but to no effect.

damned
June 8th, 2022, 06:23
I took the srun4 die roller and modified it.
I modified the onLanded to include:

for _,v in ipairs (aDice) do
v.exploded = false;
local dieType = v.type;
if v.result >= nSucessThreshold then
nSuccesses = nSuccesses + 1;
dieType = "d3006"
if v.result == getDieMax(v.type) and nLimit == 0 then
table.insert(aRerollDice, v.type);
dieType = "d2006";
v.exploded = true;
end
elseif v.result <= nGlitchThreshold then
dieType = "d1006";
nFails = nFails + 1;
end
v.type = dieType;
table.insert(aSavedDice, v);
end

This is similar to other code I've seen in other dice rollers for changing the color of the die.
They show #d# at the heading for the chat message but I'm getting:

Anyone have a suggestion on how to get it to display all the d2006, d1006 and d3006 as d6?

You want to display them all as black dice instead of colored dice?
If so why use the colored dice in the first place?

damned
June 8th, 2022, 06:24
If the file, campaign\record_cas.xml there is:

<windowclass name="cas_stats">
<sheetdata>
<script>
function onLoseFocus( )
end
</script>
</string_column>
</sheetdata>
</windowclass>

How in an extension can I replace the <script> section with either a file or just the text.
I don't want to replace the entire windowclass and have to copy all of what is in morecore for this windowclass.
I've tried using mergerule in several places but to no effect.

Do a merge of the window class but include the whole script section from the original and update with your code.

What are you making?

rmilmine
June 8th, 2022, 06:27
You want to display them all as black dice instead of colored dice?
If so why use the colored dice in the first place?

No if you look at the image, the heading where the dice display in chat has a string showing the codes for the colored dice.
If the result has 10 dice being rolled then I want it to say 10d6 not 2d6+2d1006+d6+3d2006+2d3006.
I've seen other rolls in morecore that do this, I just can't figure out how it's done.

rmilmine
June 8th, 2022, 06:37
Do a merge of the window class but include the whole script section from the original and update with your code.

What are you making?

<windowclass name="cas_stats" mergerule="merge">
<script>
previous code here
</scripts
<sheetdata>
<script>
function onLoseFocus( )
end
</script>
</string_column>
</sheetdata>
</windowclass>

So something like that?

I was looking at the way that the srun4 roll was done and noticed it did things differently for exploding than I had done for the Shadowrun 5e extension. I've been trying to get back to working on it, but time is limited.
I wanted to make an extension that just has the roll code for Shadowrun 5e, and saw another post that said what was needed to be added for a new roll. I figured I'd do it as an extension to remind myself how the heck this is all done.

Btw the srun4 is not rolling the way shadowrun 4e rolls.
sr4 doesn't compound the die rolls when it explodes, and it also doesn't explode on every roll.
I think sr1 and 2 did it that way, not sure about 3.
sr4 doesn't have limits, sr5 does.
sr4 only explodes when you spend edge. The exploding adds dice to the total dice instead of like previous editions that added the exploded rolls to the die it was exploding.

damned
June 8th, 2022, 06:45
try....
setting rRoll.expr = '#d6'
after the roll and before results are shown

damned
June 8th, 2022, 06:50
<windowclass name="cas_stats" mergerule="merge">
<script>
previous code here
</scripts
<sheetdata>
<script>
function onLoseFocus( )
end
</script>
</string_column>
</sheetdata>
</windowclass>

So something like that?

I was looking at the way that the srun4 roll was done and noticed it did things differently for exploding than I had done for the Shadowrun 5e extension. I've been trying to get back to working on it, but time is limited.
I wanted to make an extension that just has the roll code for Shadowrun 5e, and saw another post that said what was needed to be added for a new roll. I figured I'd do it as an extension to remind myself how the heck this is all done.

Btw the srun4 is not rolling the way shadowrun 4e rolls.
sr4 doesn't compound the die rolls when it explodes, and it also doesn't explode on every roll.
I think sr1 and 2 did it that way, not sure about 3.
sr4 doesn't have limits, sr5 does.
sr4 only explodes when you spend edge. The exploding adds dice to the total dice instead of like previous editions that added the exploded rolls to the die it was exploding.

Include all the existing stuff and then add your own...

<windowclass name="cas_stats" merge="join">
<script>
function onInit()
update();
end
function update()
local bReadOnly = WindowManager.getReadOnlyState(getDatabaseNode());
description.setReadOnly(bReadOnly);
clichatcommand.setReadOnly(bReadOnly);
tracker_enabled.setReadOnly(bReadOnly);
tracker_reverse.setReadOnly(bReadOnly);
number_trackers.setReadOnly(bReadOnly);
number_min.setReadOnly(bReadOnly);
trackers_icon.setReadOnly(bReadOnly);
parameter_formula.setReadOnly(bReadOnly);
p1_hidden.setReadOnly(bReadOnly);
p1_tooltip.setReadOnly(bReadOnly);
p2_hidden.setReadOnly(bReadOnly);
p2_tooltip.setReadOnly(bReadOnly);
p3_hidden.setReadOnly(bReadOnly);
p3_tooltip.setReadOnly(bReadOnly);
refa.setReadOnly(bReadOnly);
refb.setReadOnly(bReadOnly);
refc.setReadOnly(bReadOnly);
end
function onLoseFocus()
end

</script>
</windowclass>

damned
June 8th, 2022, 07:04
That doesnt work.
Its something in the rMessage.expr

but you could just turn it off?

rMessage.diceskipexpr = true;

rmilmine
June 8th, 2022, 07:05
The function onLoseFocus is a function in a string_column control in the sheetdata section of the windowclass. It's not part of the windowclass's script section.

rmilmine
June 8th, 2022, 07:34
That doesnt work.
Its something in the rMessage.expr

but you could just turn it off?

rMessage.diceskipexpr = true;

That does work, it removes the heading all together, but at least it looks better than it did.

damned
June 8th, 2022, 07:48
try below - adding your code in.
are you just adding another icon to the cycler or something else?

<sheetdata>

<script>
function onLoseFocus( )

local nameWindowDBNode = window.getDatabaseNode();
local nodeWin = nameWindowDBNode;
local sName = nodeWin.getChild("name").getValue();
local sCommand = nodeWin.getChild("clichatcommand").getValue();
local sRollstype = nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").getValue();

local nStart,nEnd,sCommand,sParams = string.find(sCommand, '^/([^%s]+)%s*(.*)');
if sCommand == "rollon" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("table");
elseif sCommand == "mod" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("modifier");

etc
elseif sCommand == "spellpoints" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("spellpoints");
elseif sCommand == "c1mod" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("c1mod");
elseif sCommand == "c2mod" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("c2mod");
elseif sCommand == "c3mod" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("c3mod");
elseif sCommand == "c4mod" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("c4mod");
elseif sCommand == "c5mod" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("c5mod");
elseif sCommand == "tmod" then
elseif sCommand == "dbdamage" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("dbdamage");
elseif sCommand == "damageme" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("damageme");
elseif sCommand == "healme" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("healme");
elseif sCommand == "damageroll" then
elseif sCommand == "damagedr" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("damagedr");
elseif sCommand == "damagel5r" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("legenddmg");
elseif sCommand == "damagedr4" then
elseif sCommand == "unidamage" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("unidamage");
elseif sCommand == "gsdamage" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("gsdamage");
elseif sCommand == "attackac" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("attack");
elseif sCommand == "drwho" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("drwho");
elseif sCommand == "mythras" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("mythras");
elseif sCommand == "chatimage" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("chatimage");
elseif sCommand == "silcore" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("silcore");
elseif sCommand == "battled6" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("battled6");
elseif sCommand == "dragon" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("dragon");
elseif sCommand == "afmbedmg" then
elseif sCommand == "vermine" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("vermine");
elseif sCommand == "vaesen" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("vaesen");
elseif sCommand == "mother1" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("mother1");
elseif sCommand == "mother2" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("mother2");
elseif sCommand == "vda" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("vda");
elseif sCommand == "rpexa" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("rpexa");
elseif sCommand == "rk" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("rk");
elseif sCommand == "topsecret" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("topsecret");
elseif sCommand == "rngroll" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("rngroll");
elseif sCommand == "tsprimary" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("tsprimary");
elseif sCommand == "tstertiary" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("tstertiary");
elseif sCommand == "tsmove" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("tsmove");
elseif sCommand == "tslife" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("tslife");
elseif sCommand == "tsdamage" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("tsdamage");
elseif sCommand == "atkatow" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("atkatow");
elseif sCommand == "mcds1" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("mcds1");
elseif sCommand == "mcds2" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("mcds2");
elseif sCommand == "btdamage" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("btdamage");
elseif sCommand == "blades" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("blades");
elseif sCommand == nil then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("chat");
else nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("rolls");

end
end

</script>
</string_column>
</sheetdata>
</windowclass>

rmilmine
June 8th, 2022, 07:58
try below - adding your code in.
are you just adding another icon to the cycler or something else?

<sheetdata>

<script>
function onLoseFocus( )

local nameWindowDBNode = window.getDatabaseNode();
local nodeWin = nameWindowDBNode;
local sName = nodeWin.getChild("name").getValue();
local sCommand = nodeWin.getChild("clichatcommand").getValue();
local sRollstype = nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").getValue();

local nStart,nEnd,sCommand,sParams = string.find(sCommand, '^/([^%s]+)%s*(.*)');
if sCommand == "rollon" then
elseif sCommand == "mod" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("modifier");

etc
elseif sCommand == "spellpoints" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("spellpoints");
elseif sCommand == "c1mod" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("c1mod");
elseif sCommand == "c2mod" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("c2mod");
elseif sCommand == "c3mod" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("c3mod");
elseif sCommand == "c4mod" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("c4mod");
elseif sCommand == "c5mod" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("c5mod");
elseif sCommand == "tmod" then
elseif sCommand == "dbdamage" then
elseif sCommand == "damageme" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("damageme");
elseif sCommand == "healme" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("healme");
elseif sCommand == "damageroll" then
elseif sCommand == "damagedr" then
elseif sCommand == "damagel5r" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("legenddmg");
elseif sCommand == "damagedr4" then
elseif sCommand == "unidamage" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("unidamage");
elseif sCommand == "gsdamage" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("gsdamage");
elseif sCommand == "attackac" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("attack");
elseif sCommand == "drwho" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("drwho");
elseif sCommand == "mythras" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("mythras");
elseif sCommand == "chatimage" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("chatimage");
elseif sCommand == "silcore" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("silcore");
elseif sCommand == "battled6" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("battled6");
elseif sCommand == "dragon" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("dragon");
elseif sCommand == "afmbedmg" then
elseif sCommand == "vermine" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("vermine");
elseif sCommand == "vaesen" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("vaesen");
elseif sCommand == "mother1" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("mother1");
elseif sCommand == "mother2" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("mother2");
elseif sCommand == "vda" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("vda");
elseif sCommand == "rpexa" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("rpexa");
elseif sCommand == "rk" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("rk");
elseif sCommand == "topsecret" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("topsecret");
elseif sCommand == "rngroll" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("rngroll");
elseif sCommand == "tsprimary" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("tsprimary");
elseif sCommand == "tstertiary" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("tstertiary");
elseif sCommand == "tsmove" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("tsmove");
elseif sCommand == "tslife" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("tslife");
elseif sCommand == "tsdamage" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("tsdamage");
elseif sCommand == "atkatow" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("atkatow");
elseif sCommand == "mcds1" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("mcds1");
elseif sCommand == "mcds2" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("mcds2");
elseif sCommand == "btdamage" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("btdamage");
elseif sCommand == "blades" then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("blades");
elseif sCommand == nil then
nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("chat");
else nodeWin.getChild("rollstype").setValue("rolls");

end
end

</script>
</string_column>
</sheetdata>
</windowclass>

What I was missing was the merge="join"
I was using the wrong syntax.
Thanks for the help. Going to make sure it's all working now, but I think it is.

damned
June 8th, 2022, 08:39
If you share the icon with me and the command ill just put it in to MoreCore if you like?

rmilmine
June 8th, 2022, 09:17
I've attached what I have done.
Includes the graphics, etc. At least I think I included what was needed.
If I missed anything please let me know.

kronovan
June 9th, 2022, 23:43
Is there anything special about the "Focuses" group on the character sheet for rolls? Or is it purely there for those rulesets like Green Ronin's Adventure Gaming Engine, which use that term instead of "skills"?

rmilmine
June 9th, 2022, 23:49
Is there anything special about the "Focuses" group on the character sheet for rolls? Or is it purely there for those rulesets like Green Ronin's Adventure Gaming Engine, which use that term instead of "skills"?

From what I can see all of those sections on both MoreCore tabs can be renamed, and they all use the same window for what they display.
To change the heading text just click on it and type.

kronovan
June 10th, 2022, 00:12
From what I can see all of those sections on both MoreCore tabs can be renamed, and they all use the same window for what they display.
To change the heading text just click on it and type.

OK cool - thanks for the reply. I've renamed the roll group titles in the past. Since I'm currently homebrewing something for AGE though, I thought I'd better check.

damned
June 10th, 2022, 00:18
They can all be renamed.
They all have same functionality

kronovan
June 10th, 2022, 07:47
I've noticed some of the data types (not sure if that's the correct term) on character sheets don't allow you to delete them once they've been added/linked. As an example; while you can delete the name for a Class or a Race you've dragged & dropped from the Classes window/listing or Races window/listing, you can't delete the actual link. The same is true for abilities that are dragged & dropped from the Abilities window listing onto the Data boxes on the [More Data] tab. Meanwhile, it's possible to completely delete abilities that have been dragged & dropped onto the [Abilities] tab; the name and link.

I'm currently using Abilities to create Talents for Player Characters and I have concerns about players dragging to the incorrect spot and then not being able to delete them. Or the Race or Class being dragged to a sheet.
Would it be possible to allow linked data to be deleted from those other data types/locations?
If not, is there a database file where I could find those no longer valid links and manually delete them?

damned
June 10th, 2022, 08:04
Everything is editable (with some care) in the DB
Anything in Rolls frames should be deletable
The only things you cant clear are Race and Class.

You should only copy Race once.
And Class can either copy every level or once and then level up by adjusting Level directly. These two cant be undone.

kronovan
June 10th, 2022, 11:47
Everything is editable (with some care) in the DB
Anything in Rolls frames should be deletable
The only things you cant clear are Race and Class.
Everything within rolls frames are indeed deletable on my character sheet. The linked items in the Data frames on the [MoreData] tab, however are not. That's the tab where I have some concerns with player accidentally dropping a talent (ability) on them.

You should only copy Race once.
And Class can either copy every level or once and then level up by adjusting Level directly. These two cant be undone.

After some more testing, I discovered that both the Class and Race do update to a new one if it's dragged from the Race or Class window. The class does update to the next level, but that can be manually reset.
As well, the text in the Advancement log on the [Notes] tab can also be deleted and edited. I also totally missed the [Abilities] tab on the Class forms, which is an awesome feature. :)

Having used MoreCore recently to adapt a series of tabletop miniatures games, I've gotten too accustomed to using the ruleset in a minimalist way.

kronovan
June 11th, 2022, 23:07
I created a series of rolls for AGE focuses that use a syntax of: /die 1d6+rd6+1d6+(a)+(b) where (a) is the liked attribute value and (b) is the standard Focus bonus. I used that syntax for a whole series of rolls because I was ignorant of the exitance of the /stunt roll - DOH!

Now that being the case, I actually find that the stunt dice being in the center of the 3 dice roll results in the chat window makes it easier to discern doubles. Meanwhile the stunt dice being red instead of green to my eye is much easier to read. I realize those might be somewhat moot points, because the /stunt roll lists whenever stunt points are generated. I have to say though, in my campaigns with various rulesets I've had a number of players that are much quicker at reading a graphic dice result than detailed text listings.

So...I'm wondering if it's possible to change the position and color of the Stunt dice for the /stunt roll?

[Edit] I know I've asked before, but my grey cells are failing me and my forum search-fu can't find it.
Anyhow...how do I manually change the action icon for a roll type?
I ask, because some of my rolls that're using /dbdamage syntax default to a polyhedron icon, while others default to the blood splatter icon. I'd prefer it be the latter, but I can't for the love of it remember how to manually change the icon. Sorry for asking again.

damned
June 12th, 2022, 00:54
If the icons are not set correctly click in the dice string field and click out again and the correct Icon will set.

if you want to experiment with the dice order in the Stunt roll locate \scripts\manager_custom_stunt.lua

ln51 change nresult3 to nResult2
ln 76 change {"d6","d6","d2006"} to {"d6","d1006","d6"}

see if that gives you what you want

kronovan
June 12th, 2022, 01:20
Thanx for the reply.

If the icons are not set correctly click in the dice string field and click out again and the correct Icon will set.
Aha that was it - going to record that in my notes this time.

if you want to experiment with the dice order in the Stunt roll locate \scripts\manager_custom_stunt.lua

see if that gives you what you want

OK cool, I'll play with it

kronovan
June 12th, 2022, 01:41
This worked...

..that's awesome, but now I have all those edits to make. :p

Lord Xtheth
June 13th, 2022, 04:10
This may have been asked before, and I'm sorry. I don't want to comb through 100+ pages to find out, but is there a morecore version that works with FGUnity? It doesn't seem to work for me at all (Nor do any of the games (extensions) related to it.

Trenloe
June 13th, 2022, 04:45
This may have been asked before, and I'm sorry. I don't want to comb through 100+ pages to find out, but is there a morecore version that works with FGUnity? It doesn't seem to work for me at all (Nor do any of the games (extensions) related to it.
The link in post #1 is for FG Classic (as mentioned in post #1). Have you got MoreCore by subscribing to MoreCore in the Forge? If not, delete MoreCore.pak from the <FG app data>\rulesets directory, subscribe to MoreCore in the Forge and then run an update.

damned
June 13th, 2022, 05:24
MoreCore has been FGU friendly for some years.
Get it on the Forge to make sure you always have teh correct build.

Lord Xtheth
June 13th, 2022, 16:22
The link in post #1 is for FG Classic (as mentioned in post #1). Have you got MoreCore by subscribing to MoreCore in the Forge? If not, delete MoreCore.pak from the <FG app data>\rulesets directory, subscribe to MoreCore in the Forge and then run an update.

Ah. Sorry. The forge is new to me, I didn't know what it was until now... plus I'm old and forgetting how the internet works. Thank you.

kronovan
June 18th, 2022, 19:07
Where's the MoreCore background image which features an art deco top border located? I've browsed through the graphic subfolders, but couldn't find it.

On another note...I've changed some of the icons and logos for my latest MoreCore project. I did it the quick & dirty way of just copying in my own graphic files and renaming the exiting and new files so the desired images are displayed. That was really just a quick test though and I really want to do it correctly with an extension.

Is such an extension as simple as creating a standard extensions.xml file and including the \graphics\icons folder along with the graphic files for those images I want to change?

I do want to change the desktop and character sheet backgrounds, so I guess a 3rd question would be; is it better to instead use the GMW Campaign Toolkit to make all of these changes?

[Edit] I found these 2 entries in the graphics_icons.xlm file and they're the 2 icons I want to change on the Character Sheet:

<icon name="chat" file="graphics/icons/button_chat.png" />
<icon name="rulesetlogo" file="graphics/icons/morecore-ruleset.png" />

So if I change those 2 lines to reference the 2 files I placed in my extension's /graphics/icons folder. And then include that altered graphic_icons.xml file in my extension's \graphics folder, will that work?

Nevermind. I guess I'm a person that sometimes just needs to get it up on the screen. No sooner did I type that question, that I recalled an example of a icon changes within the <Base></base>section of an extensions.xml

So I entered this...

<base>
<icon name="chat" file="graphics/icons/button_dragon.png" />
<icon name="rulesetlogo" file="graphics/icons/DA-ruleset.png" />
</base>

.. and my desired icons are displaying on character sheets when I load my extension.

My bigger question now though, is how do I set up my custom stunt dice arrangements that I was helped with in an above post? I see where I changed the manager_custom_stunt.lua script here:

function getStuntDice(rRoll)
local rDie1, rDie2, rDie3;
local nResult1, nResult2, nResult3;

rDie1 = rRoll.aDice[1];
nResult1 = rDie1.result;
Debug.console("nResult1: ", nResult1);

rDie2 = rRoll.aDice[2];
nResult2 = rDie2.result;
Debug.console("nResult2: ", nResult2);

rDie3 = rRoll.aDice[3];
nResult3 = rDie3.result;
Debug.console("nResult3: ", nResult3);

-- nStunt = nResult1 - nResult2;

local nStunt = 0;
if nResult1 ~= nResult2 and nResult2 ~= nResult3 and nResult3 ~= nResult1 then
Debug.console("No Stunt");
nStunt = 0;
rRoll.sMessage = "No Stunt Roll";
else
Debug.console("Stunt");
nStunt = nResult2;
Debug.console("Stunt: ", nStunt);
rRoll.sMessage = "Stunt " .. nStunt .. " points!";
end

rRoll.nStunt = nStunt;
rRoll.total = nResult1 + nResult2 + nResult3;

return rRoll;
end

and here:

function createRoll(sParams)
local rRoll = { };
rRoll.aDice = {"d6","d1006","d6"};
Debug.console("rRoll.aDice: ", rRoll.aDice);
rRoll.sType = sCmd;
Debug.console("rRoll.sType: ", sCmd);
rRoll.sDesc = "";
rRoll.nMod = 0;
rRoll.nTarget = 0;
--- rRoll.sUser = User.getUsername();

local nStart, nEnd, sMod, sDescriptionParam = string.find(sParams, "([+-]?[%d]+)%s*(.*)");
--Debug.console("createRoll: ",nStart, nEnd, sTarget, sDescriptionParam);
if sMod then
rRoll.nMod = tonumber(sMod);
Debug.console("rRoll.nMod1: ", rRoll.nMod);
rRoll.sDesc = sDescriptionParam;
Debug.console("rRoll.sDesc: ", rRoll.sDesc);
else
rRoll.sDesc = sParams;
end
if rRoll.nMod > 0 then
rRoll.sDesc = rRoll.sDesc .. " [+"..rRoll.nMod.."]";
elseif rRoll.nMod < 0 then
rRoll.sDesc = rRoll.sDesc .. " ["..rRoll.nMod.."]";
end
--Debug.console("createRoll: ",rRoll);

return rRoll;
end

But I don't know how to set that up in the extensions.xml, Or even in a custom launcher.lua script?

damned
June 19th, 2022, 00:42
everything on the desktop is probably in the desktop image and definition.
desktop1.jpg

<!-- Desktop background -->
<framedef name="desktop">
<bitmap file="graphics/frames/desktop1.jpg" />
<top rect="0,0,738,100" />
<middle rect="0,100,738,900" />
<bottom rect="0,1000,738,120" />
</framedef>

damned
June 19th, 2022, 00:43
For other images and frames same thing. use the same icon and frame names and you shoudl be ok.
I think the GMW Theme Builder supports MoreCore but its not too hard anyway.

damned
June 19th, 2022, 00:44
In your extension.xml include this line:

<script name="CustomDiceStunt" file="scripts/manager_custom_stunt.lua" />

and point it to your custom version.

kronovan
June 19th, 2022, 05:34
everything on the desktop is probably in the desktop image and definition.
desktop1.jpg

<!-- Desktop background -->
<framedef name="desktop">
<bitmap file="graphics/frames/desktop1.jpg" />
<top rect="0,0,738,100" />
<middle rect="0,100,738,900" />
<bottom rect="0,1000,738,120" />
</framedef>

For other images and frames same thing. use the same icon and frame names and you shoudl be ok.
I think the GMW Theme Builder supports MoreCore but its not too hard anyway.

In your extension.xml include this line:

<script name="CustomDiceStunt" file="scripts/manager_custom_stunt.lua" />

and point it to your custom version.

Terrific Feedback Damned - all of that worked. I'm making good progress.

damned
June 19th, 2022, 05:41
Terrific Feedback Damned - all of that worked. I'm making good progress.

Great to hear. Love to see a screenshot when you are done.

kronovan
June 21st, 2022, 21:01
Great to hear. Love to see a screenshot when you are done.

I promise to post a cosmetic tour as soon as I'm done, but the final changes are proving to be a bit more of a challenge...

..I'm wondering where I would set the sidebar buttons for MoreCore? I want to change the dark brown and light brown buttons to dark red and salmon. I've found where the the button and button down settings are in the graphics_frame.xml file located in the \Graphics folder. So I created a button graphic with the same dimensions, but with the colors I want and saved them into my extension's \graphics\frames folder. When I set my extension.xml to load my new button PNG instead though, it doesn't work and the same button color as before is loaded.

I remember that about a year ago the Sidebar underwent dramatic changes. So...I'm wondering if the MoreCore sidebar button graphics and positions are actually being handled by the CoreRPG ruleset?

[Edit] This is the code I'm including in my extension.xml, with the graphic file change highlighted.

<framedef name="button_sidebar_dockitem">
<bitmap file="graphics/frames/button_sidebar_red.png" />
<offset>8,8,8,8</offset>
</framedef>

I think I've confirmed it's not MoreCore that's in control of the sidebar. I extracted the entire contents of MoreCore.pak to a subfolder of the exact same name under \ruleset. I then renamed the exiting button_sidebar.png in the \graphics\frames folder and copied my red button PNG in and renamed it to button_sidebar.png. Meanwhile, I commented out the above code from my extension.xml file. When I loaded up my campaign the sidebar button was the same, original brown color.

[Edit 2] OK, so I created a \graphics\sidebar subfolder for my extension and copied in my red button PNG. I then included these 2 sets of frame code from the CoreRPG graphics_sidebar.xml in my extension.xml; filename changes highlighted in red.

<framedef name="sidebar_dock_category">
<bitmap file="graphics/sidebar/button_sidebar_red.png" />
<offset>12,12,12,12</offset>
</framedef>
<framedef name="sidebar_dock_entry_icon">
<bitmap file="graphics/sidebar/button_sidebar_red.png" />
<offset>12,12,12,12</offset>
</framedef>

While the sidebar dock entry-button doesn't look exactly correct -no surprise as the original PNG's dimensions are different- that did indeed change the colors to dark red. I'm going to create some matching PNGs in my desired colors and play with this for a bit.

[Edit 3] Well I put my idea of creating my own PNGs' on hold, when I came across this text in the CoreRPG graphics_sidebar.xml file:

<!-- NOTE: Color must be set via DesktopManager.setDockCategoryIconColor function -->

Meanwhile I noticed this code in the the CoreRPG manager_desktop.lua script file; various snippets:

wShortcuts.button_visibility_icon.setColor(Desktop Manager.getSidebarDockIconColor());

Possibly more pertinent to what I want to do:

local _cDockCategoryIconColor = "A3A29D";
local _cDockCategoryTextColor = "A3A29D";
local _cDockIconColor = "272727";
local _cDockTextColor = "272727";

So my question is; will I have to enter my desired color values for these in order to achieve my sidebar customization?
And is so, what the heck is "A3A29D" - that some kind of hexidecimal value for a RGB color?

I do see a whole listing of simple functions in manager_desktop.lua for getting and changing sidebar colors. Namely these:

function getSidebarDockCategoryIconColor()
return _cDockCategoryIconColor;
end
function getSidebarDockCategoryTextColor()
return _cDockCategoryTextColor;
end
function getSidebarDockIconColor()
return _cDockIconColor;
end
function getSidebarDockTextColor()
return _cDockTextColor;
end
function setSidebarDockCategoryIconColor(s)
_cDockCategoryIconColor = s;
end
function setSidebarDockCategoryTextColor(s)
_cDockCategoryTextColor = s;
end
function setSidebarDockIconColor(s)
_cDockIconColor = s;
end
function setSidebarDockTextColor(s)
_cDockTextColor = s;
end

I guess what I really want to know; do I need to bother with any of that if I want to change sidebar colors, or do I just need to continue with my initial idea of creating graphic images that are equivalent in dimension and file type, but the color I want?

damned
June 22nd, 2022, 00:27
That is correct - there are no MoreCore sidebar buttons right now. It is using CoreRPG.

And also correct - your graphics should be white (I think) and then the theme will use a color tint to change the appearance/color.

You need a global script that goes something like this:

function onInit()

DesktopManager.setSidebarDockCategoryIconColor("ff0000");
DesktopManager.setSidebarDockCategoryTextColor("ff0000");
DesktopManager.setSidebarDockIconColor("000000");
DesktopManager.setSidebarDockTextColor("000000");

end

kronovan
June 22nd, 2022, 02:19
That is correct - there are no MoreCore sidebar buttons right now. It is using CoreRPG.

And also correct - your graphics should be white (I think) and then the theme will use a color tint to change the appearance/color.

You need a global script that goes something like this:

function onInit()

DesktopManager.setSidebarDockCategoryIconColor("ff0000");
DesktopManager.setSidebarDockCategoryTextColor("ff0000");
DesktopManager.setSidebarDockIconColor("000000");
DesktopManager.setSidebarDockTextColor("000000");

end

Ok will try - thanks for the feedback.

On another note I want to change the Sidebar "Abilities" text to "Talents" and "Races" to "Backgrounds". Is there likely to be any issues doing that and does it just involve editing some string XML's?

damned
June 22nd, 2022, 02:44
Make a file
strings_stunt.xml that looks something like this:

<root>
<!-- Sidebar -->

<string name="sidebar_tooltip_mcability">Talents</string>
<string name="library_recordtype_label_pcrace">Backgrounds</string>

</root>

kronovan
June 22nd, 2022, 19:19
Make a file
strings_stunt.xml that looks something like this:

<root>
<!-- Sidebar -->

<string name="sidebar_tooltip_mcability">Talents</string>
<string name="library_recordtype_label_pcrace">Backgrounds</string>

</root>

I created a strings_dage.xml file, added those 2 string lines and created an Include for that new XML in my extensions.xml file. That worked for the most part, although I found I actually needed this line to change the Sidebar's Abilities button to Talents :

<string name="library_recordtype_label_ability">Talents</string>

That sidebar_tooltip_mcability does make me wonder if there's more to do than just changing the sidebar button name?

I'm currently looking into changing the character sheets [Abilities] tab and the Abilities heading on that page to Talents, as well as changing the Race field title on the Notes tab/page to "Background."

[Edit] I have to admit; after drilling through so many XML files I lost count of them, I'm baffled as to the source for text labels on the Character sheet? I experimented with some of the <string_labeled values in record_char_notes.xml, hoping to change the RACE label to BACKGROUND, but got no where.

So I have to ask, where do I find the text that gets assigned to character sheet labels? And where would I find the source of the text that gets assigned for the Abilities tab?

[Edit] Never mind, I found them.

Turns out they were buried down in the CoreRPG ruleset too. Changing the Character Sheet's "RACE" to "BACKGROUND" and "Abilities" to "Talents" proved to be quite easy, as I just had to add 2 new lines in my strings_dage.xml file to change the 2 label strings' text. The [Abilities] tab on the other hand turned out to be a royal pain. I didn't have the slightest idea it would be a graphic icon buried in CoreRPG's \graphics\tabs folder and setup in its graphics_frame.xml file. The biggest pain was creating a [Talents] tab icon that fit the size dimensions. That just about broke the graphics program I'm using, but somehow I managed to do it. It does look a bit odd as I had to give up on figuring out which font the original tabs were using and just went with Arial. It also hugs the left frame and doesn't center left-to-right in the tab the way the others do.

If you remember what the actual font is for the other tabs and could list it here, I'd appreciate it.

kronovan
June 28th, 2022, 19:42
Something unwanted I've encountered with my [Talents] tab change, is that it's now become the secondary tab for the Class window. That's far from the worst thing though, as the previous [Abilities] tab was as irrelevant as far as the Dragon Age TTRPG is concerned. And if anything, since class levels more often than not grant a new talent or talent degree, [Talents] is a better tab name. What I'd really like to do is have a separate tab icon for that window named [Levels]. I know this is handled by the CoreRPG ruleset, so I'm going to post in that forum.

damned
June 29th, 2022, 00:07
Im not following - sorry. Can you post some screenshots?

kronovan
June 29th, 2022, 01:24
Im not following - sorry. Can you post some screenshots?

Sure...So as I mentioned in my other posts, I've changed everything on the Character Sheet that used term "Abilities" to "Talents". Here's a screenshot of the Abilities tab (not Talents) for which all is fine other than my tab icons text not being the right font and not centering within the tab.

However, changing that tab has also caused the 2nd/lower tab on the class window to change, as it uses uses whatever tab icon file is assigned to the tab_abilities record. Here's a screenshot of it for my Rogue class with the tab highlighted.

What I'd ideally like to do, is have that 2nd/lower tab on the class forum be independent of the tab_abilities record. Note that all of these are set within the CoreRPG ruleset. So not knowing whether this should be handled here or CoreRPG, I created this thread at the CoreRPG forum (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?74236-Extension-Creation-Changes-to-CoreRPG-Tab-Icons)

damned
June 29th, 2022, 01:32
in MoreCore record_char.xml see lines 228-231

<tab>
<icon>tab_abilities</icon>
<subwindow>abilities</subwindow>
</tab>

see also in CoreRPG graphics_tabs.xml line 32

<icon name="tab_abilities" file="graphics/tabs/tab_abilities.png" />

you should create a new vertical icon for Talents
create an icon name for it tab_talents and in your extension redefine the charsheet windowclass so that line 229 uses tab_talents
you may find it easiest to include the whole record_char.xml in your extension

kronovan
June 29th, 2022, 01:56
Feedback much appreciated Damned.

in MoreCore record_char.xml see lines 228-231

<tab>
<icon>tab_abilities</icon>
<subwindow>abilities</subwindow>
</tab>

see also in CoreRPG graphics_tabs.xml line 32

<icon name="tab_abilities" file="graphics/tabs/tab_abilities.png" />

you should create a new vertical icon for Talents
create an icon name for it tab_talents and in your extension redefine the charsheet windowclass so that line 229 uses tab_talents
you may find it easiest to include the whole record_char.xml in your extension

Yep, I went the route of reassigning the file that the tab_abilities record references, so that it instead uses my custom tab_talents.png. So now that line 32 in the CoreRPG is replaced with this line in my extention.xml:

<icon name="tab_abilities" file="graphics/tabs/tab_talents.png" />

That looks fine, other than my font not matching that which is used for the other tabs and it not correctly centering left-to-right.
I was hoping to avoid including an entire file like record_char.xml, as that would lessen the chance of my extension becoming broken with future MoreCore updates. Would it be possible for me to just create a new XML and LUA files that adds a new [Levels] tab and changes the class window so that it references it for that 2nd-lower tab?

damned
June 29th, 2022, 02:02
record_char.xml changes very infrequently... however it will have to change in the next build as CoreRPG has some big changes in that space.
yes - Im sure you could make similar change in class and it might be less prone to breaking

Mach5RR
July 24th, 2022, 21:59
There is a minor error on the MoreCore Startup, where it says "data_desktop_5e" does not exist.
To fix it, I would recommend changing two lines in the base xml file

Line 167 - Change name="LibraryData5E" to name="LibraryDataMC". This doesn't fix anything, but it does unify the name under MC.
Line 169 - Change file="scripts/data_desktop_5E.lua" to file="scripts/data_desktop_mc.lua". The data_desktop_mc.lua file DOES exist, but the system isn't referring to it.

technocrat13
July 26th, 2022, 05:54
Hello all,

I installed MoreCore via the Forge today and I've been having a bit of an issue with the /edie and /edies rolls.

Below is what shows on the chat window when I enter /edies 2d6x4:

s'onExplodingDiceSuccessesSlashCommand(sCmd, sParam)'

s'processExplodingDiceSuccesses(draginfo)'

s'decodeDiceResults(sSource)'

s'encodeDiceResults(aDieResults)'

s'aDieResults: ' | { }

s'processDefaultSuccessesResults draginfo: ' | dragdata = { type = s'explodingDiceSuccesses', desc = s'2d6x4', #slots = #1, slot = #1, string = s'', num = #0, diceexpr = {}, shortcut = {}, asset = {, instance = }, custom = { s'rollresults' = s'', s'successlevel' = #4 } }

2d6x4
Target=4
0 Successes

And below is the output to the log:

[7/25/2022 10:49:32 PM] s'nSuccessLevel: '|#4

Is this a known issue? Is there anything I can do to correct it? I'm really hopeful to use /edies in an upcoming campaign.

Thanks.

damned
July 26th, 2022, 06:02
Hey technocrat13 there is an issue with edies that is unresolved.

My recommendation is to try this command instead of edie

/die 4d6e4

For the other - you need to count the number of dice rolled at 4 or over right?
And the exploded die would each be counted as additional dice rather than making the initial number higher?

I may have to write a new roll...

technocrat13
July 26th, 2022, 07:55
For the other - you need to count the number of dice rolled at 4 or over right?
And the exploded die would each be counted as additional dice rather than making the initial number higher?

That's exactly it.

/die 4d6e4 is pretty interesting, but it doesn't appear that it'll work for what we're doing, as it explodes on any result of 4 or better. If that's the way /edie was intended to work, then it would have been a bust for me anyway. No harm, no foul there.

If you do happen to write a new roll, I would be very grateful and would love to hear about it. I know you already spend quite a bit of your time working on this stuff and an edge-case die roll is a big ask.

Thanks for your time.

damned
July 26th, 2022, 08:35
so you want to count the number of dice over a certain value and you dont want it exploding right?
in that case use:

Count Successes: /successes #d#x# (roll #dice and count #+)
/successes 2d6x4

damned
July 26th, 2022, 08:36
Or you are looking for it to explode on 6 and you count all values of 4+ as successes?
Do you count a 6+6+4 as 1 success or 3?

damned
July 26th, 2022, 08:38
Try this one:
/die 2d6e6s4

technocrat13
July 26th, 2022, 13:48
Try this one:
/die 2d6e6s4

Ah! That's exactly what I need! Thank you very much, Damned.

Unless I'm mistaken, that string isn't currently listed on the MoreCore Basic User Manual. Or am I not reading the manual correctly?

damned
July 26th, 2022, 13:52
its part of the /die command but in MoreCore you can couple it with Roll Parameters and roll it from your charsheet rather than typing it into chat each time

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996640101/Rolling+Dice

technocrat13
July 26th, 2022, 13:58
its part of the /die command but in MoreCore you can couple it with Roll Parameters and roll it from your charsheet rather than typing it into chat each time

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996640101/Rolling+Dice

Right on, man. Thanks again for your help.

davidhitsugaya
July 28th, 2022, 14:08
Hello guys,

I have a problem. I'm new in FGU and I trying install de MoreCore ruleset, but after the paste the morecore.pak file in the folder and loaded the campaing, the sidebar is empty with no buttons. I receive a error message too in the console, that says:

[7/28/2022 10:00:52 AM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF font file. (MoreCore) (graphics/graphics_fonts_mc.xml) (graphics/fonts/Candara.ttf)
[7/28/2022 10:00:52 AM] [WARNING] font: Could not find TTF font file. (MoreCore) (graphics/graphics_fonts_mc.xml) (graphics/fonts/Candara.ttf)
[7/28/2022 10:01:00 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "DesktopThemeLight"]:3: attempt to call field 'setSidebarDockCategoryIconColor' (a nil value)
[7/28/2022 10:01:00 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/theme_fixer.lua"]:9: attempt to call field 'setSidebarDockCategoryIconColor' (a nil value)
[7/28/2022 10:01:00 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "desktop/scripts/chat_window.lua"]:11: attempt to call field

Please can someone explain to me how I have to install this rule set correctly? Follow a print of the screen:

damned
July 28th, 2022, 15:29
Disable the theme and retry.
MoreCore has many custom elements that wont work with other themes.

davidhitsugaya
July 28th, 2022, 15:33
Well... still doesn't work.

damned
July 28th, 2022, 15:54
can you provide more information?
have you removed the version you downloaded from the forum?

damned
July 28th, 2022, 15:57
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=53770

Brand new MoreCore campaign. No errors.

debitvictory
August 1st, 2022, 04:13
Hello there Damned! I am struggling just as David above. I've loaded MC 3 times, each time with the same result with a new campaign.

1. With Dark Theme ON, Light Theme OFF.
2. With Dark Theme OFF, Light Theme ON.
3. With both OFF.

damned
August 1st, 2022, 04:15
Welcome debitvictory

Are you using MoreCore from the Forge?
That is the only place new users should be getting MoreCore from.

Can you generate log files and post them here?

debitvictory
August 1st, 2022, 15:25
Thank you sir!

I see now that I downloaded from your lovely post #1 in https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset, and I hadn't understood your warning at the top. I do now.

Thanks for the assist. I see now that the MC files dropped in when I updated FG.

damned
August 1st, 2022, 22:53
Yell if you want some advise on how to do a particular mechanic.

Yogel
August 1st, 2022, 23:33
So, I noticed this problem after a recent update. Not sure how long ago though. The inventory weight is no longer updating and stays at 0. I tested this on existing games with extensions, removed the extensions, and then tested it on a fresh campaign. All the same. It's minor and doesn't effect much, but I figured I should let someone know.

damned
August 2nd, 2022, 00:42
Thanks Yogel. Ill check it out.

damned
August 5th, 2022, 14:28
I added two new rolls today:

For Warlock skill tests
/wskill 1d20+#
It reports success/failure based on a target of 20

I think the other one is for Punk Apocalyptic
/vs 1d20>#
It reports success/failure based on target of the value in #

In both instances I recommend using (p1) parameter in the roll.

sirkerry
August 6th, 2022, 01:06

I think the other one is for Punk Apocalyptic
/vs 1d20>#
It reports success/failure based on target of the value in #

Thank you so much! It could definitely be used for Punk Apocalyptic (and I most likely will), but I was mostly wanting it for Ambition & Avarice and other OSRish games.

sirkerry
August 6th, 2022, 01:24

For Warlock skill tests
/wskill 1d20+#
It reports success/failure based on a target of 20

Oh, cool! A new roll that can also be used to do Target 20 (https://www.oedgames.com/target20/) rolls.

damned
August 6th, 2022, 06:09
New roll for Warlock

This roll is used for doing Luck Rolls.

First in Options you need to turn C5 On and make it Visible to GM and Players.
You will likely need to reload the table at that point.

Next setup C5 on your character sheets and Combat Tracker by renaming the label to Luck
Your players will need to also do this manually.

Setup a Roll as follows:

Name: Luck
Dice String: /wluck 1d20

When you use this it will Roll 1d20+luck and compare against 20.
It will declare Success or Failure and will decrement your Luck by 1.

In the Forge now.

Sir Onyx
August 13th, 2022, 22:08
Trying to set up rolls for the ERA system; roll a number of exploding d10s equal to attribute + skill, and then count successes equal to a variable threshold determined by the DM. Ideally, I'd have something like the exploding dice successes command but with the modifier box changing the number of dice rolled and then linking the success number to p1, I'll take whatever the simplest solution is though.

Sir Onyx
August 13th, 2022, 22:24
Found a quick fix, remembered that the default rollover command includes modifier box for extra dice; going to need to manually explode though

damned
August 14th, 2022, 02:10
Trying to set up rolls for the ERA system; roll a number of exploding d10s equal to attribute + skill, and then count successes equal to a variable threshold determined by the DM. Ideally, I'd have something like the exploding dice successes command but with the modifier box changing the number of dice rolled and then linking the success number to p1, I'll take whatever the simplest solution is though.

Found a quick fix, remembered that the default rollover command includes modifier box for extra dice; going to need to manually explode though

Another option right now would be:
On both Attribute and Skill
/die (p1)d10es(p2)
Set score in p1 and difficulty in p2
you would do two rolls and sum the successes.

Ill try and make you a roll to handle this in a single roll

damned
August 15th, 2022, 03:49
Ok you can now use:

/era (p1)d10x(p2)

and it will roll (p1) d10s and explode and report how many met exceeded the (p2) value
you can use other size dice

I would set that up as the Attribute roll for each - eg Strength
For Skills set them as /mod (p1)

First select skill(s) and any other things that might affect the roll
These will add to the ModifierStack (along with descriptions - eg Athletics +2)
When rolling it will roll dice from the Attribute as well as dice from the ModifierStack

It would be great if you could share a Character sheet export when you are done.

damned
August 15th, 2022, 03:50
Sample character sheet for the Warlock RPG
It is not complete but most things are in there

Engelmann
August 23rd, 2022, 11:36
Hi,

I noticed that the "Total Weight Carried" sum isn't working any more on the player sheet. If I add or remove items it doesn't change the "Total Weight Carried" field.
I checked with another ruleset and it works normally.

Any idea ?

Thanks
Regards.

-----
FGU (latest) 4.2.2 Ultimate (2022-06-07)
Ruleset : MoreCore (with Forge)
Ext. :
- Calendar Plus
- CoreRPG - Better Menus
- Feature: Advantages and disadvantage
- Feature: Moon Tracker
- Feature: Universal Module
- Forgotten Realms Calendar Supporting
- Linker
- PFRPG2. Theme.Sword and Sorcery
- Player Agency

damned
August 24th, 2022, 07:28
Yes it was broken by a recent(ish) CoreRPG update and I have not had a chance to fix this particular issue.
It will get done - i just cant give you an ETA right now.

5xad0w
September 9th, 2022, 09:45
On darker themes like FG Dark, FG Modern Dark & FG Futuristic the first two tabs of the default MoreCore character sheet is difficult to read since it is using light text on a light background.

All the other tabs seem to be fine like in the 3rd attached screenshot.

damned
September 9th, 2022, 14:18
Ive posted a few alt frames about but it was quite some time ago...

damned
September 9th, 2022, 14:22
Try this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?63568-Future-Theme-MoreCore-character-sheet-almost-unreadable

bloodylemming
September 9th, 2022, 16:30
Having some issues with the Champions dice rolls.

/ckill seems to be counting up BODY damage as if it's a normal attack, and is calculating the stun wrong. For instance, I rolled /ckill 3d6 (6, 3, 4 and 6 for the stun multiplier) That should be 13 body and 65 stun, but shows 4 body and 20 stun. Either I'm using it wrong or something is amiss...
/cstun seems to be working perfectly.
/champions seems to work perfectly.
/cskill seems to work well, though I don't know what the second value input is for. The S# value...

bloodylemming
September 9th, 2022, 16:41
Since the latest update (Been a while, so I missed quite a few. Lots of updating) I'm getting some errors when starting a MoreCore ruleset campaign, mostly concerning the sidebar.
I switched back and fourth between CoreRPG and MoreCore, and no errors for CoreRPG... I've barely got anything in the ruleset, so far. Just some labels and icon controllers.

[9/9/2022 10:07:49 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "DesktopThemeLight"]:3: attempt to call field 'setSidebarDockCategoryIconColor' (a nil value)
[9/9/2022 10:07:49 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/theme_fixer.lua"]:23: attempt to call field 'setSidebarDockCategoryIconColor' (a nil value)
[9/9/2022 10:07:49 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "desktop/scripts/chat_window.lua"]:11: attempt to call field 'retrieveLaunchMessages' (a nil value)

Moon Wizard
September 9th, 2022, 18:41
Have you installed the latest version of the MoreCore ruleset? I bet it has had several revisions since you last used it.

Regards,
JPG

bloodylemming
September 9th, 2022, 23:22
Have you installed the latest version of the MoreCore ruleset? I bet it has had several revisions since you last used it.

Regards,
JPG

Says I've got version 1.62 20210421

Is that not the current version?

coyote670
September 10th, 2022, 01:12
Says I've got version 1.62 20210421

Is that not the current version?

FWIW, my version is 1.66e 202208014. Those last 8 digits are the date of the update - so yours is from April 21, 2021 - way out of date.

Did you subscribe to it via the FG Forge?

bloodylemming
September 10th, 2022, 01:28
FWIW, my version is 1.66e 202208014. Those last 8 digits are the date of the update - so yours is from April 21, 2021 - way out of date.

Did you subscribe to it via the FG Forge?

Yup. I was grabbing the wrong version. Subscribed to it on FG Forge now. Thank you.

damned
September 10th, 2022, 03:59
Having some issues with the Champions dice rolls.

/ckill seems to be counting up BODY damage as if it's a normal attack, and is calculating the stun wrong. For instance, I rolled /ckill 3d6 (6, 3, 4 and 6 for the stun multiplier) That should be 13 body and 65 stun, but shows 4 body and 20 stun. Either I'm using it wrong or something is amiss...
/cstun seems to be working perfectly.
/champions seems to work perfectly.
/cskill seems to work well, though I don't know what the second value input is for. The S# value...

I think the main problem is that there are 6 different editions of Champions and they vary significantly....
Spell out exactly how you think the 6E version shoudl work?

bloodylemming
September 10th, 2022, 05:34
I think the main problem is that there are 6 different editions of Champions and they vary significantly....
Spell out exactly how you think the 6E version shoudl work?

All but the 1st edition does damage the same way. For killing attacks, add the result of the d6 dice, that's the Body damage. A d6-1 is multiplied times that damage, and that's the Stun damage. (d6-1 is the default, some weapons have a bonus to stun damage.)
In my example, a 3d6 result of 6, 3 and 4 (totals 13 Body) and the stun die 6, for 5 x 13 (totals 65 Stun).

The other rolls seem to work, but I don't know what the S# value is for /cskill

damned
September 10th, 2022, 06:47
Over time I have ben given varying different sets of info:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset/page119
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset/page135
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset/page154
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-37960.html

bloodylemming
September 10th, 2022, 17:58
Over time I have ben given varying different sets of info:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset/page119
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset/page135
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset/page154
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-37960.html

Crap, yup. 6e did change the stun multiplier, but not how killing damage is counted. Stun is no longer d6-1, it's d3, standard.
Tried the /ckill roll again and here's the results I got

/ckill 3d6
3,3,5 and 2 (3 BODY 3 STUN)
What was expected (11 BODY, 22 STUN)

Here's the direct text from 6e

For Normal Damage, the total on the dice is the amount of STUN damage the attack does. To determine how much BODY damage it does, look at the numbers rolled on the dice: a 1 is 0 BODY; a 2-5 is 1 BODY, and a 6 is 2 BODY. Thus, a 6d6 Normal Damage attack that rolls 6, 5, 4, 4, 2, and 1 does 22 STUN and 6 BODY. The number of BODY done is usually close to the number of dice rolled.

Damage for Killing Damage attacks is determined differently from Normal Damage attacks. The total of the dice is the number of BODY applied to the target. To determine the STUN done, the character rolls a STUN Multiplier — ½d6 — and multiplies the result by the amount of BODY done.

bloodylemming
September 10th, 2022, 18:40
Is the Hero Points item an integrated part of MoreCore now? I updated and this object has shown up, and I'm trying to figure out the cleanest, non-destructive way to get rid of it...

Whaley
September 11th, 2022, 20:03
Just found this and am excited to play with it! I have decided to try and build Palladium ruleset inside here (can't find one predone) and am having some problem with skills...I got it to roll the % for skills and add the %/level adjustment using /die (C*p3)+d100. If I used /die d100+(C*p3) it would multiple everything to p3. Now I am trying to figure out how to use the rollunder function to give me success/failure. Example: XSkill is base 20% +4%/level. Member is level 2 so their success threshold is 28%. How do I go about this string?...thanks in advance!

damned
September 11th, 2022, 22:22
It has been part of MoreCore for many years.

damned
September 11th, 2022, 22:26
Just found this and am excited to play with it! I have decided to try and build Palladium ruleset inside here (can't find one predone) and am having some problem with skills...I got it to roll the % for skills and add the %/level adjustment using /die (C*p3)+d100. If I used /die d100+(C*p3) it would multiple everything to p3. Now I am trying to figure out how to use the rollunder function to give me success/failure. Example: XSkill is base 20% +4%/level. Member is level 2 so their success threshold is 28%. How do I go about this string?...thanks in advance!

Try using something like:

/die 1d100+(p1)+[(a)*(p3)]

p1 is your base skill
p3 is your skill per level
a is your level

You can only use one set of [brackets] in your formula

Engelmann
September 29th, 2022, 14:56
Hi,

I noticed that the "Total Weight Carried" sum isn't working any more on the player sheet. If I add or remove items it doesn't change the "Total Weight Carried" field.
I checked with another ruleset and it works normally.

Any idea ?

Thanks
Regards.

-----
FGU (latest) 4.2.2 Ultimate (2022-06-07)
Ruleset : MoreCore (with Forge)
Ext. :
- Calendar Plus
- CoreRPG - Better Menus
- Feature: Advantages and disadvantage
- Feature: Moon Tracker
- Feature: Universal Module
- Forgotten Realms Calendar Supporting
- Linker
- PFRPG2. Theme.Sword and Sorcery
- Player Agency

Hi damned,
The total weight problem is still there for me. Had you a chance to fix it ?
Regards

damned
September 29th, 2022, 15:47
I have fixed. Maybe I didnt upload or set it live. Ill check.

damned
September 29th, 2022, 15:50
Try update again and test please?

Engelmann
September 30th, 2022, 07:35
Try update again and test please?

YES ! Working again. Thanks.

kronovan
October 17th, 2022, 20:02
I'm wondering if there's still a way to set a default background decal from within a MoreCore extension? I have an extension for which I have a series of background decal PNGs, so when my extension loads I'd like to have one of them load by default other than the default swk_logo.png.

I remember that before FGU introduced custom background decal selecting from the options menu, that you had to do it from an extension. I even once created an FGC extension that presented a series of decal choices, but for the love of it I can't remember how I did it.

Pentazer
October 27th, 2022, 21:19
Hi so I have setup a roll here:

/exalted (p1)+(a)d10
Where p1 is the Athletics Score (3) and a is the Strength Score (1).
This test should be (3+1)=4 d10s rolled using the /exalted roll, counting successes, however the roll is only using the (a) strength reference when it should be calling to both:
Seen here. Is there a way to group the Athletics and Strength values together so that they can be automatically called upon when values update?

damned
October 27th, 2022, 22:00
/exalted [(a)+(b)]d10

To keep skills in sync they need to be dragged to a/b/c

damned
October 27th, 2022, 22:02
I'm wondering if there's still a way to set a default background decal from within a MoreCore extension? I have an extension for which I have a series of background decal PNGs, so when my extension loads I'd like to have one of them load by default other than the default swk_logo.png.

I remember that before FGU introduced custom background decal selecting from the options menu, that you had to do it from an extension. I even once created an FGC extension that presented a series of decal choices, but for the love of it I can't remember how I did it.

Something like this:

function onInit()
DecalManager.setDefault("images/decals/decal-two.png@MYDECALS");
end

MYDECALS is the name of a module containing the decals.
decals should be in subfolder /images/decals

Pentazer
October 27th, 2022, 22:17
To keep skills in sync they need to be dragged to a/b/c
/exalted [(a)+(b)]d10
Amazing! Thank you!

damned
October 27th, 2022, 22:19
How different mechanically is Exalted to Chronicles of Darkness?

Pentazer
October 27th, 2022, 22:30
Dice mechanics, not so much. Both are d10 systems that call to successes, botches and throw large dice pools. Exalted has a far more elaborate combat system than anything in the WoD. But as far as the rest of the mechanics work they are almost completely different. For example, this is from the composite manual I wrote that lets me use the World of Darkness with Exalted:

Harmonization of Exalted and WoD features:
• Anything that uses Attribute:Resolve in WoD will rely on Attribute:Wits.
• Anything that uses Attribute:Presence in WoD will rely on Attribute:Charisma
• Anything that uses Attribute:Composure in WoD will rely on Attribute:Perception

They have different abilities, different skills, different attributes. Combat is handled very differently between withering and decisive attack styles.... Chronicles of Darkness and the World of Darkness to Exalted 3e is like comparing D&D 3e to D&D 5e. The dice are the same, the general idea is the same, there's some similarities in function, but they're entirely different systems.

Pentazer
October 29th, 2022, 15:52
Hmmm I just discovered there's an limitation issue with the /exalted and /exalteddmg rolls. Exalted uses initiative to control the battle. as you deal damage you drain initiative from the target and vise versa. This is best described if I just outline the steps for combat in exalted.

Withering Attack
1. Attack - Does not use double 10s
Your Dexterity...

+ Combat Ability + Weapon Accuracy +/- Bonuses/Penalties

so for example:

Parameter 1: Weapon Accuracy
Reference B: Dex
Reference C: Melee

would need to be
/exalted [(p1)+(a)+(b)]d10 and not count 10s as double successes.

Compare successes against target's defence. All successes that go over the defence target are threshold successes.
IE. 5 successes to 3 defence = 2 threshold successes.

2. Determine Base Damage by using
Strength or Dexterity...

+ Weapon Damage.
+ Threshold (Net) Successes from step 1.
- Target's Soak rating.

So in this one's case it would need to be:
Parameter 1: Strength or Dexterity
Parameter 2: Threshold Successes.
Reference C: Either Dex or Melee (maybe you'd need to set up 2 different rolls, one for each if you cant have it selectable via a drop down menu?)
But the problem we have here is that the target's soak needs to reduce the pool of dice thrown accordingly.

/exalteddmgg [(p1)+(p2)+(c)-(SOAK?!)]d10
Count results.

3.Roll Raw Damage Pool
Double 10s Apply.
Overwhelming minimum.

4. Sum Result:
1+ number of successes to attacker’s init. Subtract number of successes from target’s init.

The caveat to this is that for both Step 1 and Step 2, you have times where you can add automatic successes, so a roll may be

/exalted [(p1)+(a)+(b)]d10+(X)
Where X is the number of auto successes that are added to the roll result.

THEN When you have "X" initiative, you go for the kill.

Decisive Attack
1. Attack (Do not use double 10s)
Your Dexterity...

+ Combat Ability +/- Bonuses/Penalties

Compare result against Target’s Defense.
If the attack fails and your initiative score is...

from 1-10: you suffer -2 to your initiative.
is 11+: you suffer -3 to your initiative.

2. Roll Health Track Damage
Does not use double 10s.
Dice pool thrown is = number of initiative you choose to spend.
Result must meet or beat target hardness, if it does, all damage goes through. If it does not, the attack fails.
So this would be:
Parameter 1: The amount of initiative you're spending on your attack.

/exalteddmg (p1)d10+(x)

3. Deal damage to health track as per weapon type.
So if you have 10 health boxes like in Chronicles of Darkness and your weapon deals lethal damage and you rolled 5 successes against target hardness of 3, you deal 5 lethal damage to their health track.

4. Reset your initiative.

Is this even possible to perform? I've been getting "attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value" errors when I try it. On a related note, is there a way to import the health track from Chronicles of Darkness?

Thanks!

Endemia5
November 2nd, 2022, 05:08
hello, first of all thanks for making my job easier with more core.
but the tinyd6 system that I use because it is very dynamic is not fully worked, there are two types of dice rolls, one normal and one with focus. and the damage is not automated. I know this system is not very used, but if you could add three things you would make me a very happy gm.
the first thing is that the rolls are simpler, for example. normal roll /2d6s5, advantage roll /1d6s5, and advantage roll with /3d6s5.
the other series of rolls is the same but with difficulty 4 for example a normal roll with focus /2d6s4.

damned
November 2nd, 2022, 05:39
Welcome Endemia5

If I am reading this correctly for a normal roll it is 2d6 and you count 5s and 6s as successes.
Sometimes you will roll 3 dice or only 1 dice.

Additionally you have the same mechanic but for skills in which you have a focus.
Everything is the same but you count 4s 5s and 6s as successes.

I would probably do it as per the image below.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=54958

damned
November 2nd, 2022, 05:43
Sorry Pentazer I missed your replies.

The math [x + y] supports exactly 2 parameters only.

[x + y] or [x - y] or [x * y] or [x / y]

Endemia5
November 3rd, 2022, 05:57
Thanks, it was easier than I thought. I thought rolls were missing and there they were all the time

Engelmann
November 5th, 2022, 01:12
Hi Damned,
Could It be that after the latest update (11/04/2022) of FGU the % dice option (on D10) has disappeared in MoreCore?
It could be linked with the new colored dice sets in FGU.
Regards.

Endemia5
November 5th, 2022, 01:23
hello, there are many combinations of damage rolls for many systems and I see that there is not for tinyd6. I don't know how to do it on my own either. the attack roll is the same as the damage roll so instead of a #d#+# it would be a #d#s#. can this be added to the system? It is the only thing missing to be complete. and the option for all successes to be damage. 54995

damned
November 5th, 2022, 07:00
Hi Damned,
Could It be that after the latest update (11/04/2022) of FGU the % dice option (on D10) has disappeared in MoreCore?
It could be linked with the new colored dice sets in FGU.
Regards.

I will push an update tonight. Thanks for reporting.

damned
November 5th, 2022, 13:54
Fixed d100 - now on desktop
Added new Success Damage Roll: /damagesuccesses (p1)d6s(p2)
Combat Tracker fix

Engelmann
November 9th, 2022, 22:22
Fixed d100 - now on desktop
Added new Success Damage Roll: /damagesuccesses (p1)d6s(p2)
Combat Tracker fix

Thanks

Camberme
January 10th, 2023, 05:41
Is there a Paranoia ruleset for more core anywhere?

damned
January 10th, 2023, 07:44
I dont think there is. The various Paranoia systems vary quite a lot in their mechanics too.

Phoenix_133
January 10th, 2023, 08:59
Note: The problem does not occurr, if I load the table in the CoreRPG ruleset. Only when I am using MoreCore as ruleset the issue arises.

There seems to be an issue with tables, that hold exactly 60 entries. It rolls a 1d6 instead of a 1d60.
I setup a table with exactly 60 entires, where each entry has a value range equal to its row number. E.g. entry in row 5 has a value range of 5-5.
When I press the dice icon at the top of the table, it only rolls a 1d6 and multiplies the result by 10. Therefor you cannot roll anything else than the values 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60.

The following issue is NOT related to MoreCore, but may be one of the reasons for the bug:
The custom dice - when right-clicking on the D6 only shows the options: d0, d2, d3
So no d66 or d60 are available in CoreRpg ruleset. Don't know, if this is intended...

The ruleset file MoreCore.pak is from 29.12.2022 and counts 3029kB

Some helpful information about my setup:
FGU: v4.3.2 ULTIMATE (2022-12-11)
Mono config path = 'C:/Program Files/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/MonoBleedingEdge/etc'
Initialize engine version: 2021.3.10f1 (1c7d0df0160b)
[Subsystems] Discovering subsystems at path C:/Program Files/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/FantasyGrounds_Data/UnitySubsystems

Checking for Forge subscriptions...
Getting Forge subscriptions...
3 Response received: {"products":[{"id":"97","name":"430ea860-e9fb-11eb-8c52-0050562be458","type":"WORKSHOP","title":"Basic Card Decks using FG Tables","location":"1","buildNums":["1"],"size":"12237"},{"id":"360","name":"13d8b724-465e-11ec-8c52-0050562be458","type":"WORKSHOP","title":"MoreCore Universal Ruleset","location":"1","buildNums":["19"],"size":"2976577"},{"id":"589","name":"d2da0af0-b35b-11ec-8c52-0050562be458","type":"WORKSHOP","title":"Death Station","location":"2","buildNums":["1"],"size":"3311669"},{"id":"598","name":"602a7360-b6bb-11ec-8c52-0050562be458","type":"WORKSHOP","title":"Trigger Me Timbers","location":"1","buildNums":["10"],"size":"43088"}]}

damned
January 10th, 2023, 11:52
That is correct. MoreCore does have a d60 that only has the results 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60
It also has a d600. These were added for Traveller style games (and mainly for use in tables).

You could edit the gameelements.xml file and comment out or delete lines 17-25
To comment them out replace with:

<!-- <customdie name="d60">
<model>d6</model>
<menuicon>d60icon</menuicon>
<script>
function onValue(result)
return result*10;
end
</script>
</customdie> -->

Its a feature not a bug!

You would have to remake this change anytime MoreCore was updated.
Alternatively add row 61 which just rerolls the table.

Phoenix_133
January 10th, 2023, 12:49
Thanks for the workaround!

Yogel
January 15th, 2023, 21:02
Apologies if this was posted somewhere else in the forum here, but is there a damage roller that would allow me to use modifiers to add extra damage dice? For example, if I tried using /damagedr4 and added an extra modifier in front of the die type, but it didn't like it.
I've tried /damagedr4 (p1+a)d8, /damagedr4 (p1)+(a)d8, and /damagedr4 ((p1)+(a))d8. Any help would be appreciated.