PDA

View Full Version : MoreCore Ruleset

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14

Sir Onyx
February 19th, 2021, 05:27
Me and my friend are getting a weird issue in the campaigns that we DM. entries in character sheets using the /die command simply do not work; nothing happens after clicking the roll button in the character sheet. We've tried new characters, new campaigns, pulling out of the library or making the entries from scratch, using roll parameters and not; the /roll command does not work when rolled from the character sheet itself.

anyone know a quick fix? even if it's just another roll command that can easily mimic the ability to add and subtract parameters from a given die roll?

damned
February 19th, 2021, 05:50
Are you using the latest build from post #1?
i cannot replicate this.

Can you export a character sheet and also post the chat output when you first load up the campaign.

EDIT: also - are you using FGU or FGC?

Sir Onyx
February 19th, 2021, 05:53
I have localized alot of swn content into morecore modules, although I'm currently here trying to fix a new issue I'm having, if you want to shoot me a message or somewhere I can message you, I can share

Sir Onyx
February 19th, 2021, 05:56
I'm currently using FGC, here's a character sheet pulled out of the most relevant campaign.

damned
February 19th, 2021, 05:56
I dont think I need the modules - just the Character Sheet export along with the chat window content.

Sir Onyx
February 19th, 2021, 05:58
there is absolutely no chat window content or error. Clicking the button flashes the little icon indicating it was clicked. But no feedback other than that

damned
February 19th, 2021, 07:05
When you load FG there is at least one full page of chat content.
Can you also try downloading the FGU demo and testing it there to compare?

damned
February 19th, 2021, 07:10
Arkadios seems like he works properly under FGU.
Ill need to test FGC tonight...
If you could send me that chat output to it would be good.

Sir Onyx
February 19th, 2021, 07:32
My friend went to bed and his campaign is the one with Arkadios, but here's the chat output from another campaign with the same issues

Sir Onyx
February 19th, 2021, 07:43
Just tested the sheet in FGU, works perfectly fine. Unfortunately I don't own the ult license for that version.

Xarbasch
February 19th, 2021, 12:56
A minor bug fix has been uploaded to Post #1.

You will need to provide something I can actually use to troubleshoot.
Ive not seen any other posts about Dice not working.
There are very likely Rolls that still need work but I have no idea what Rolls you are using.
Please export a character sheet and detailed information on how to replicate errors.
Please also post the contents of the Chat Log on startup.

A minor bug fix has been uploaded to Post #1.

I could upload an older version but it is unlikely to work as there are major changes that have occurred in CoreRPG and in the Engine.

I will post a Screenshot of the Issue as soon as I am back at the Computer.

How Do I Export a Charactersheet?

It is not that the Dice at the bottom bar are not working. I can roll them just fine by themselves. It is the dice rolls that are caused by clicking on a Skill in the character sheet that do not work. When clicking on the dice Symbol Next to the Skill there is no roll following the click.

I used the /die 2d6+(a4) Command. A4 refers to a custom Attribute I added.

It worked just fine until wednesday...

damned
February 19th, 2021, 13:50
Are you using Classic or Unity?
It seems /die is broken in MoreCore on Classic right now and Im struggling to solve...

crleonhard
February 19th, 2021, 14:22
I just updated to the latest MoreCore as of 2/19, and while yesterday's error has gone away I'm no longer seeing any tabs except Characters, and no options under the library for toggling anything else on... (This is under FGC)

wndrngdru
February 19th, 2021, 15:14
I just updated to the latest MoreCore as of 2/19, and while yesterday's error has gone away I'm no longer seeing any tabs except Characters, and no options under the library for toggling anything else on... (This is under FGC)

This was move to the Options window. There's a new Sidebar button near the bottom.

Xarbasch
February 19th, 2021, 15:23
Thank you, damned, for checking the /die command. Since the rolls I use are the same as in Traveller, I was able to use this die roll instead successfully. (Btw I play "Rust Hulks". If anyone is interested.)

Thank you, wndrngdru, for clarifying the issue of crleohnard. I had the same.

I can play in peace now! :)

crleonhard
February 19th, 2021, 21:34
Yes, thanks much!

(edited to remove erroneous bug report)

damned
February 19th, 2021, 22:08
Thank you, damned, for checking the /die command. Since the rolls I use are the same as in Traveller, I was able to use this die roll instead successfully. (Btw I play "Rust Hulks". If anyone is interested.)

Thank you, wndrngdru, for clarifying the issue of crleohnard. I had the same.

I can play in peace now! :)

Xarbasch please export a character sheet and upload it so that others can play Rust Hulks too.

I am uploading a new build that fixes /die in Classic right now.

GMSean
February 20th, 2021, 12:41
I just installed the latest update and none of my story or note buttons are appearing, even when I use the sidebar option. It keeps giving me the error window. I am using FGU morecore and future theme. Please help...I have zero idea what to do to fix it

damned
February 20th, 2021, 15:05
You are not using the current build of MoreCore

GMSean
February 20th, 2021, 15:22
You are not using the current build of MoreCore

I fixed that but now the PC characters aren't showing. What am I missing from the character selection section? Where/how do I find them?

Actually, more accurately, none of my notes, story notes, or anything other than token files are appearing with the new buttons. Its almost like the sidebar buttons are creating new folders and the old ones are simply not there. Please help...I don't want to lose that work...

Now they are there.

No idea why it wasn't working before but it appears to be now.

bal
February 20th, 2021, 16:25
The roll and keep dice rolls (/rnk, /rnkd, /rnkdk, and /rnke) work in Classic but I'm getting errors from them in Unity. The dice roll but the console pops up with an error statement instead of giving a result.

I'm using MoreCore 1.61b and Fantasy Grounds Unity is up to date. The campaign is created just for testing and has no additional modules, themes, or extensions loaded. Commands were entered through the chat window with 4k2 as the parameter.

damned
February 20th, 2021, 23:23
Hi bal can you please export a character for me to test with. Also tell me which Rolls and anything else I need to do to see each of the errors.

Those rolls are:
1. very complex
2. very old
3. written in the older style

Im not looking forward to trying to rewrite them...
Have you tried the /explode and /roll commands?
They do most of what you want i think but some of those Katana rolls were quite specific so probably not everything...

bal
February 21st, 2021, 05:03
Howdy damned,

There were no characters in the campaign I was using for testing in FG Unity. For simplicity's sake, I was just entering these into the chat in a brand new campaign:
/rnk 4k2
/rnkd 4k2
/rnkdk 4k2
/rnke 4k2

The campaign I've been running in actual play is a) running in FG Classic and b) using versions of the modified and expanded roll & keep rolls I messaged you about last year that are piggybacking on these existing ones. Sorry I haven't been able to follow up on that btw, my bosses have decided to bless me with a lot of overtime and I've barely had time to prep for regular sessions.

I've added a minimalist character with samples of the 4 rolls on it to test from.

Edit to clarify: The campaign I was testing against had none of my modifications.

RNazzaro
February 21st, 2021, 16:33
I just installed the latest update and none of my story or note buttons are appearing, even when I use the sidebar option. It keeps giving me the error window. I am using FGU morecore and future theme. Please help...I have zero idea what to do to fix it

I'm having a similar problem. I get the following error message, and neither the Combat Tracker, Party Sheet, nor any of the story or note buttons are appearing.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:437: attempt to index local 'c' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:384: bad argument #1 to 'setValue' (number expected, got string)

Fargen
February 21st, 2021, 18:01
Hi Damned, I'm following along with you in your video series on extensions (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9RyzgeiQOI)
And when I make the edit to resize the frames even though I changed the attack frame it doesn't seem to resize. The new frame shows up, but no resize on the attacks frame.

Any idea what might be going on? Thanks for the vids btw.
Here's my code

<!-- Change Size of Attacks Frame -->
<frame_char_switch_attacks name="attackframe" merge="join">
<!--<bounds>15,45,-190,120</bounds>-->
<anchored position="insidetopleft" offset="15,75">
<right anchor="center" offset="70" />
<bottom anchor="top" offset="215" />
</anchored>
</frame_char_switch_attacks>

<!-- New Stats Frame -->
<frame_char_switch_notes name="statsframe">
<anchored position="insidetopleft" offset="15,0">
<bottom anchor="top" offset="75" />
</anchored>
</frame_char_switch_notes>

CarlPalmer
February 21st, 2021, 19:39
I updated Fantasy Grounds today and loaded a campaign that is running MORECORE ruleset.

No sidebar buttons at all, and I got the following script errors:
[2/21/2021 1:20:40 PM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template (button_library_sidebar) in class (shortcutbar)
[2/21/2021 1:20:40 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:437: attempt to index local 'c' (a nil value)
[2/21/2021 1:20:58 PM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template (button_library_sidebar) in class (shortcutbar)
[2/21/2021 1:20:58 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:437: attempt to index local 'c' (a nil value)

I disabled all my extensions and got the same result.

I can not open assets or library either.

I also opened options and tried to enable a sidebar button through that interface and got:

[2/21/2021 1:29:34 PM] [WARNING] template: Could not find template (button_library_sidebar) in class (shortcutbar)
[2/21/2021 1:29:34 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:437: attempt to index local 'c' (a nil value)

I created a new campaign with the morecore ruleset and got the same thing with a brand new campaign.

When I created a campaign based on Core RPG, everything worked fine. Apparently the update broke MORECORE.

Trenloe
February 21st, 2021, 19:45
I updated Fantasy Grounds today and loaded a campaign that is running MORECORE ruleset.
Apparently the update broke MORECORE.
Yes, the FG update this last week did break MoreCore. There's a new version available for download in post #1. It's the responsibility of the user to manually update community rulesets and extensions on a regular basis - especially when there are FG updates and errors occur.

CarlPalmer
February 21st, 2021, 19:50
My apologies, I was reading the last update date wrong and didn't realize the update was out.

Thanks.

CJR
February 21st, 2021, 20:09
Hullo! Is there a new version of More Core? Ars Magica is not given the buttons on right any more. Script handling on desktop.lua error 437 Attempt to index local C nil value. Bit of a pain.

damned
February 21st, 2021, 20:48
Hi Damned, I'm following along with you in your video series on extensions (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9RyzgeiQOI)
And when I make the edit to resize the frames even though I changed the attack frame it doesn't seem to resize. The new frame shows up, but no resize on the attacks frame.

Any idea what might be going on? Thanks for the vids btw.
Here's my code

<!-- Change Size of Attacks Frame -->
<frame_char_switch_attacks name="attackframe" merge="join">
<anchored position="insidetopleft" offset="15,75">
<bottom anchor="top" offset="215" />
</anchored>
</frame_char_switch_attacks>

<!-- New Stats Frame -->
<frame_char_switch_notes name="statsframe">
<anchored position="insidetopleft" offset="15,0">
<bottom anchor="top" offset="75" />
</anchored>
</frame_char_switch_notes>

See Lines 11-22

<script>
function onInit()
self.onSizeChanged = resizeFrames;
end

function resizeFrames(sourceWindow)
local nWidth,nHeight = getSize();
combatframe.setStaticBounds((nWidth/3*2)-15, 45, (nWidth/3)-15, 170)
attackframe.setStaticBounds(15, 0, (nWidth*2/3)-30, 215)
cas2.setStaticBounds((nWidth/3), 215, (nWidth/3)-15, 240)
end
</script>

damned
February 21st, 2021, 20:49
Hullo! Is there a new version of More Core? Ars Magica is not given the buttons on right any more. Script handling on desktop.lua error 437 Attempt to index local C nil value. Bit of a pain.

See first post or about a half dozen or so posts over the last two pages.

damned
February 21st, 2021, 20:49
I'm having a similar problem. I get the following error message, and neither the Combat Tracker, Party Sheet, nor any of the story or note buttons are appearing.

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:437: attempt to index local 'c' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:384: bad argument #1 to 'setValue' (number expected, got string)

See first post or about a half dozen or so posts over the last two pages.

damned
February 21st, 2021, 20:51
Howdy damned,

There were no characters in the campaign I was using for testing in FG Unity. For simplicity's sake, I was just entering these into the chat in a brand new campaign:
/rnk 4k2
/rnkd 4k2
/rnkdk 4k2
/rnke 4k2

The campaign I've been running in actual play is a) running in FG Classic and b) using versions of the modified and expanded roll & keep rolls I messaged you about last year that are piggybacking on these existing ones. Sorry I haven't been able to follow up on that btw, my bosses have decided to bless me with a lot of overtime and I've barely had time to prep for regular sessions.

I've added a minimalist character with samples of the 4 rolls on it to test from.

Edit to clarify: The campaign I was testing against had none of my modifications.

Hi bal

It appears the script is running against the thrown dice one time too many and so fails on the last run because there is no data to run against. I havent found the cause yet. I suspect its a pairs/ipairs thing but still testing/debugging.

bal
February 21st, 2021, 21:34
Hi bal

It appears the script is running against the thrown dice one time too many and so fails on the last run because there is no data to run against. I havent found the cause yet. I suspect its a pairs/ipairs thing but still testing/debugging.

Thanks for looking into it, damned.

RNazzaro
February 21st, 2021, 21:56

There is. Go to Post #1 in this thread and download the update.

I had the exact same problem, and now it's working fine.

CJR
February 22nd, 2021, 00:04
Yep I misread the date format there because I am not used to American dates :) I have installed the .pak and all is good. Now I don't have 6 confused players blathering I shall go back read what is new. :)

The date ending 20 misled me in to believing there was no new version as i automatically read the European day/month/year format ;)

damned
February 22nd, 2021, 00:31
I dont think its a US date format. Its closest to an ISO date format intended to reduce confusion. It is using YYYYMMDD. ISO I think is the same but formatted with dashes: YYYY-MM-DD.

CarlPalmer
February 22nd, 2021, 17:18
Are there any extensions out there like Death Indicator that work with MoreCore, or is there a way to add a visual indicator that an entitiy has 0 health?

coyote670
February 22nd, 2021, 22:25
The MoreCore campaigns I have all have the new sidebar buttons with black text on dark-ish gray backgrounds. Is there any way we can get a more high contrast scheme, for people with crappy eyesight?

damned
February 23rd, 2021, 00:18
Hi coyote670 yes of curse that is possible. Would white text or bigger text be enough or something else?
Bigger text means some of the longer names get cut off a bit - like Investigator and World Builder, or I can make the buttons wider too...

coyote670
February 23rd, 2021, 01:00
For me, I think just better contrast between the background and text - make the buttons a light gray, for example.

For example: 44166 - i just changed the Characters button a light gray in MS Paint, as a comparison to the Classes button.

CarlPalmer
February 23rd, 2021, 12:15
If you want to change the default button and are willing, you can easily unzip the extension, go into graphics/frames folder and replace the default button or edit it in photoshop and then rezip the contents and rename it to .ext.

Damned:
Yeah, I agree the new button is awfully dark for black text.

Button changes here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66105-FG-Ruleset-Updates-2021-02&p=578957&viewfull=1#post578957)

We deliberately moved away from visual sidebar buttons to textual sidebar buttons with this release. We had found over time that the visual buttons caused a lot of overhead in creating new rulesets, new themes, adding new record types, and more. In fact, about a quarter of the ruleset DLC developers had already moved to textual sidebar buttons before we considered this change, for exactly the same reasons.

coyote670
February 26th, 2021, 04:55
If you want to change the default button and are willing, you can easily unzip the extension, go into graphics/frames folder and replace the default button or edit it in photoshop and then rezip the contents and rename it to .ext.

Ooh, that worked - thanks! That'll do for me, for now.

damned
February 26th, 2021, 06:22
The original MoreCore sidebar font will be restored in an update over the weekend.
It is both larger and white.

damned
February 26th, 2021, 13:07
Minor update on Post #1.

damned
March 7th, 2021, 08:22
frostbyte can you have a think on this one...
If you include 2 sets of [math] in the string it screws up because i think it is taking the first [ and the last ] and then it gets all funky inside that.
If you get any time to put towards tightening up the logic that would be amazing!
This math handler that you built is very handy.

frostbyte I have modified this code to do Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication and Division.
Ill release it soon.
I think the code is simpler and it handles the other two.
I have yet to try and tackle the two sets of math in the one dice string issue

sSTCValue1, sSTCValue2 = sStringToCalc:match("(.+)[+-/%*](.+)");
sSTSCOp = sStringToCalc:match(".+([+-/%*]).+");
local sSTCValue3;
if sSTSCOp == "+" then
sSTCValue3 = tonumber(sSTCValue1) + tonumber(sSTCValue2);
elseif sSTSCOp == "-" then
sSTCValue3 = tonumber(sSTCValue1) - tonumber(sSTCValue2);
elseif sSTSCOp == "/" then
sSTCValue3 = tonumber(sSTCValue1) / tonumber(sSTCValue2);
elseif sSTSCOp == "*" then
sSTCValue3 = tonumber(sSTCValue1) * tonumber(sSTCValue2);
end

Jystdave
March 12th, 2021, 00:02
PLEASE HELP! When i try to load more core i get this error
[ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:437:attempt to index local 'c' (a nil value)

Can someone help me resolve this?

damned
March 12th, 2021, 00:08
PLEASE HELP! When i try to load more core i get this error
[ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:437:attempt to index local 'c' (a nil value)

Can someone help me resolve this?

Please update to the current version.

Jystdave
March 12th, 2021, 00:10
and when I run another extension I also get

[ERROR] font: Missing TTF tag for font (diemod). [ForbiddenLands] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]
and
[ERROR] font: Missing TTF tag for font (DIERESULT). [ForbiddenLands] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]

Can someone please help me?

damned
March 14th, 2021, 03:01
Someone posted a fix for the Target info overlapping Rolls info but I cant find it and somehow I have overwritten that fix sometime more recently... Anyone able to point me to it?

damned
March 14th, 2021, 08:12
Added some support for * and / in the [math] syntax.
Added /unidamage #d#x# roll. Multiples #d# by x#. Uses Defense as Damage Reduction.

Mach5RR
March 14th, 2021, 10:03
Someone posted a fix for the Target info overlapping Rolls info but I cant find it and somehow I have overwritten that fix sometime more recently... Anyone able to point me to it?

OK, that was me, but you didn't break it the same way anyhow.
Edit your template_ct.xml file.
Delete template "string_ctentry_targets" (Line 121 - 125)
This will default to the Core version of that template which does work properly.
Or, you can fix your template "string_ct_summary_spacing" which anchors to "name" but should anchor to "active_spacer_top". But at that point, you are just recreating "string_ct_summary" from Core's template_ct.xml. I recommend just deleting both to rely off of Core for simplicity's sake, since you don't seem to be changing anything about them.

damned
March 14th, 2021, 14:04
OK, that was me, but you didn't break it the same way anyhow.

Many thanks Mach5RR - reuploaded again.

Jystdave
March 15th, 2021, 04:38
Hey, Love MoreCore. and I am just getting started using it. I was wondering how to make blank character sheet templates for my players to use?

Is there an easy way or do I need to start from sctatch for every new player? i.e. I am setting up an example sheet with all the rolls needed for a game i am doing. Do i need to do that everytime? Is that how the export works? I export then import and voila I have a copy?

Dave

damned
March 15th, 2021, 04:48
The easiest way is:

Create a character either with generic rolls/stats or fully fleshed out for her class/role.
Then in the Character Selection Window click and drag the character 2cm and release and you will have a duplicate.

I would either create one toon for each class/profession and call them by that Shaman, Rigger, Samurai, whatever
or create one with all the rolls setup with parameters and duplicate that multiple times and the players can add their stats and delete unneeded stuff

damned
March 15th, 2021, 04:49
You can also export the chars individually or to a module.
I would create a module if you do setup all the classes.

Jystdave
March 15th, 2021, 04:57
Thank you. I should have figured that one out myself since the skills/roll behave the same way.

Much appreciated.

Dave

Jystdave
March 15th, 2021, 05:09
I suppose I will have to figure out how to create a module next. I am doing sheets for Forbidden Lands. while I wait for the official FL FG to come out.

Dave

wndrngdru
March 20th, 2021, 23:08
@damned How much of a chore would it be to have the frames on the MoreCore and MoreData tabs use the standard CoreRPG frame types so they work better with the official (or other CoreRPG) themes?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45032&stc=1&d=1616277899

damned
March 21st, 2021, 00:59
They waste too much room unfortunately. Each of those frames would lose another 4-8px on every edge which really impacts how much info is visible in the Rolls windows.
Please post a screenshot of the charsheet and the whole desktop.

wndrngdru
March 21st, 2021, 04:22
They waste too much room unfortunately. Each of those frames would lose another 4-8px on every edge which really impacts how much info is visible in the Rolls windows.
Please post a screenshot of the charsheet and the whole desktop.

Yeah, I was afraid of something like that. Full FGU window attached. The World Builder items are also using the default MoreCore theme. It's not in the screen grab, but the CT seems to be okay.

damned
March 21st, 2021, 05:14
crack open MoreCore and try swapping these frames out.
please upload a new screenshot.

damned
March 21st, 2021, 05:16
This set is for the SciFi theme (or Future or whatever its called).

GusRPG
March 21st, 2021, 05:38
Thank you so much for this Damned! Im new to FG and Im modifying your Mythras character sheet to play in spanish, and with the bigger boxes looks great! Thank you

GusRPG
March 21st, 2021, 05:39
here is a super basic extension to do it for you.

Thanks about this, sorry I didnt post the quote! The extension works like a charm

I have one question, in MoreCore in the NPC sheet I cant duplicate the items in the 'Attributes' and two 'Other Rolls' boxes by drag and droping, also I cant drop items from 'Rolls' like I can in the CT Rolls Box that works perfect.
Is there any way to do this? Im using this fields for the damage locations of the NPC's -using the 3 editable parameters boxes to record armor, hit points and damage-, and Im trying to have a repository of body parts in 'Rolls'.

Thanks in advance!

wndrngdru
March 21st, 2021, 20:14
crack open MoreCore and try swapping these frames out.
please upload a new screenshot.

Hmmm. I'm pretty sure I put them in the right place (\graphics\frames\.), but I'm not seeing any difference.

damned
March 21st, 2021, 22:39
Either you put them in the wrong place (\graphics\frames) or you have an unpacked ruleset.

damned
March 21st, 2021, 22:41
Thanks about this, sorry I didnt post the quote! The extension works like a charm

I have one question, in MoreCore in the NPC sheet I cant duplicate the items in the 'Attributes' and two 'Other Rolls' boxes by drag and droping, also I cant drop items from 'Rolls' like I can in the CT Rolls Box that works perfect.
Is there any way to do this? Im using this fields for the damage locations of the NPC's -using the 3 editable parameters boxes to record armor, hit points and damage-, and Im trying to have a repository of body parts in 'Rolls'.

Thanks in advance!

Hi GusRPG Ill have a look at that - it was not intentional.

wndrngdru
March 21st, 2021, 23:00
Either you put them in the wrong place (\graphics\frames) or you have an unpacked ruleset.

I do have MoreCore unpacked, but I also moved the .pak to a temporary location completely out of the that folder tree like I normally do when I'm working on stuff.

damned
March 21st, 2021, 23:54
That doesnt make sense.
The graphics have replaced the originals but the originals are still showing...
Something isnt setup the way you think it is...?

wndrngdru
March 22nd, 2021, 00:42
That doesnt make sense.
The graphics have replaced the originals but the originals are still showing...
Something isnt setup the way you think it is...?

~facepalm~
Test channel...

damned
March 22nd, 2021, 02:24
Screenshot so I know if other stuff needs doing?

wndrngdru
March 22nd, 2021, 03:19
Screenshot so I know if other stuff needs doing?
Sorry. I figured out the problem, then had to go do other stuff for a bit.

damned
March 22nd, 2021, 03:34
Sorry. I figured out the problem, then had to go do other stuff for a bit.

Ive update post 2812 with a couple more gfx.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset&p=588646&viewfull=1#post588646

wndrngdru
March 22nd, 2021, 03:57
Ive update post 2812 with a couple more gfx.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset&p=588646&viewfull=1#post588646

Nice! I do see some wonkiness with the quick-slots, but I just checked in CoreRPG and that little issue is in the theme itself. I'll wander over to the FGU HoH and flag Josh for that.

damned
March 22nd, 2021, 04:21
Just remember that Josh isnt going to make these themes work for MoreCore and other community rulesets. Its hard enough building them for all the official rulesets.

wndrngdru
March 22nd, 2021, 04:29
Just remember that Josh isnt going to make these themes work for MoreCore and other community rulesets. Its hard enough building them for all the official rulesets.

Oh, I'm clear on that. That's why I checked in CoreRPG with nothing else loaded. Given the number of official rulesets there are now, I wouldn't want his job.

GusRPG
March 22nd, 2021, 07:04
Hi GusRPG Ill have a look at that - it was not intentional.

Thanks Damned! It would be great to have drag and drop on those boxes also!
Yesterday we played with FG and MoreCore from Argentina with two friends from Spain, and everything worked great, we had a great time with Mythras, Thanks!

damned
March 22nd, 2021, 13:39
Thanks Damned! It would be great to have drag and drop on those boxes also!
Yesterday we played with FG and MoreCore from Argentina with two friends from Spain, and everything worked great, we had a great time with Mythras, Thanks!

Awesome to hear.
Please feel free to export a module of PCs and NPCs (minus any copyright material) for others to test!
Ive uploaded a new build for you which should fix your reported issue.

GusRPG
March 22nd, 2021, 15:43
Awesome to hear.
Please feel free to export a module of PCs and NPCs (minus any copyright material) for others to test!
Ive uploaded a new build for you which should fix your reported issue.

Wow! You are awesome Damned! Thank you so much, it works perfect!
Now I have a lot of more options to fill dragging from the Rolls table for the NPCs, MoreCore is great!

This is the sheet we are using based in the one you posted, it has the Mythras basic abilities in spanish, and we drop the professional abilities from the Rolls table when we need them, and we do the same for weapons; not sure about the copyright if I can post it, feel free to remove it if is note permitted to share.

I want to learn more about the MoreCore dice strings for the rolls, but I cant access the reference in https://www.diehard-gaming.com/ because it seems to be down; is there any other place where i can find the references?
Thank you again Damned! Muchas gracias desde Argentina y Espaņa!

damned
March 22nd, 2021, 22:09
Try this link.
It is because your network has been firewalled off because of hacking attempts from your neighbour.
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:OTL8Qdt-8esJ:https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au

GusRPG
March 23rd, 2021, 01:45
Try this link.
It is because your network has been firewalled off because of hacking attempts from your neighbour.
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:OTL8Qdt-8esJ:https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au

Ohh I see, sorry to hear about that, thanks for the reference, MoreCore is more powerful than I had imagined, I'll star to experiment and learn it, thanks!
I see the reference has a lot of items! Is there any other way I can access the rest of it to learn it? (I can only see the dice strings reference) if possible, if not no problem Damned.
Thanks again!

PD: If you play Mythras I have found what seems an official NPC online generator, and Its great! : https://skoll.xyz/mythras_eg/enemies/ I will try to import some to the NPC's of my MoreCore to play!

damned
March 23rd, 2021, 03:51
Typo - I meant neighbours not neighbour.
There is only 1 (long) page there on MoreCore you should be able to see it all.

GusRPG
March 23rd, 2021, 05:58
Typo - I meant neighbours not neighbour.
There is only 1 (long) page there on MoreCore you should be able to see it all.

Ah ok! I see now the links reference the same page, thank you Damned

Boukephos
March 23rd, 2021, 12:48
Hello, using MoreCore I had made an extension to play L5R 1st edition on old FG, sadly after the transition to FGU I keep incurring in some issues, the main of which is the /rnk roll, which does not appear to be working anymore... any solution to this?

damned
March 23rd, 2021, 14:15
if you were using /rnk try using something like
/die (p1)d10k(p2)

Boukephos
March 23rd, 2021, 20:15
This works but the die doesn't explode as it used to :(

you know 10 -> explode 10 -> explode 5 = 25
with a clean strike of your katana you pluck your enemy head off

What's worse now also all the buttons have disappeared without cause :'O

damned
March 23rd, 2021, 22:32
try /die (p1)d10!10k(p2)
Go into Options -> Sidebar -> turn them on again.
Players will need to do the same.

bal
March 24th, 2021, 07:52
Those /die strings work for most of the cases I needed for 1st edition 7th Sea, which uses basic rnk rolling mechanics that are very similar to early L5R: Roll (p1) d10s and keep the highest (p2) of them. Most of the rolls in that version of 7th Sea explode on 10s, but if the character is unskilled or sufficiently wounded, the dice don't explode. There's one edge case that isn't quite covered by those strings, but it's very rare. It involves only letting the highest exploded die keep its full value and treating any other exploded dice as 10s.

damned
March 24th, 2021, 08:39
Hi bal

We did have a bunch of /rnk variants mostly for L5R and they were quite good.
Damage rolls and several other variants.
Unfortunately that roll is very complex and makes my head hurt trying to troubleshoot it.
/explode is another base roll that could be expanded.
I will have to do the L5R rolls again at some point but too many competing priorities.

bal
March 24th, 2021, 17:54
Hi bal

We did have a bunch of /rnk variants mostly for L5R and they were quite good.
Damage rolls and several other variants.
Unfortunately that roll is very complex and makes my head hurt trying to troubleshoot it.
/explode is another base roll that could be expanded.
I will have to do the L5R rolls again at some point but too many competing priorities.

damned I'm aware - I was the one who reported that the /rnk family of rolls had stopped working in FG Unity a little while ago. I've been looking for what might cause that, too, but so far without much luck.

Dreameira
March 28th, 2021, 08:18
Since the latest update, I'm getting a script error and couple of runtime notices whenever opening or creating a MoreCore campaign (tested without any extensions).

Script Error: [string "ref_world_stats:race_label"]:1: 'end' expected near '<eof>'
Script Error: [string "world_pcedit:button_pcsubmit_pcnotes"]:1: 'end' expected near '<eof>'
Runtime Notice: s'aMajor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #4, s'MoreCore' = #1 } | s' aMinor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #1, s'MoreCore' = #61 }
Runtime Notice: s'onInit: registerResultHandler'
Runtime Notice: s'onInit: '

In addition, when I open any entry in World Builder, I get this additional line:

Script Error: [string "race_label"]:1: 'end' expected near '<eof>'

The campaign is otherwise running fine so this doesn't seem to be causing crashing or corrupted data. Tried looking at the contents of the .pak such as some .lua files but couldn't immediately locate any issue.

Using FG Classic.

This issue didn't appear in the previous version (in which the /die rolls were broken, I believe it was v1.60).

Sorry if this issue is already known, tried looking through the thread but wasn't sure if this was already reported.

damned
March 28th, 2021, 12:34
Thanks dreameira - I cant replicate. Perhaps it has been fixed in the current build already?
Can you redownload from post#1 and let me know.

Dreameira
March 28th, 2021, 13:14
This was downloaded yesterday but I tried it again, same result. My FG is also up-to-date. However, since the errors seemed to point to World Builder, I took a look at the notes on World Builder and realized that I need the Player Agency Extension in addition to MC ruleset for World Builder to work right. I downloaded & installed that one, and now the campaign is opening without errors. Sorry about the false alarm!

Thank you for this great ruleset! :)

damned
March 28th, 2021, 13:15
Hi dreameira

MoreCore has World Builder/PlayerAgency/DearDiary built in already. You should not need any extensions at all.

damned
March 28th, 2021, 13:17
Ok, ok. It is throwing an error in FGC. Let me work on this.

damned
March 28th, 2021, 13:29
Ok new build with this fix has been uploaded.
I think it may have actually been a FGC change maybe?
There were incorrectly commented out Lua lines but they have been present for a long time...
Anyway let me know how you go.

Dreameira
March 28th, 2021, 16:12
Downloaded the new version and removed the PA extension (yeah, I thought it was supposed to have been built in already, then second-guessed due to this error) and it's working now. Agree probably due to a recent update to FGC. Thanks a bunch, greatly appreciated! :)

Dreameira
March 28th, 2021, 16:19
....though, now the rolls are producing this kind of info in the chat box:

s'onDiceLanded draginfo: ' | dragdata = { type = s'agestunt', desc = s'Communication [+4]', #slots = #1, slot = #1, string = s'', num = #4, dice = { { d6 = 5 }{ d6 = 1 }{ d2006 = 1 } }, shortcut = { }, token = { prototype = , instance = }, custom = nil }

The roll in question is using /agestunt (p1) syntax, but I'm getting a similar string from any die roll.

A minor nuisance but slightly odd.

damned
March 28th, 2021, 22:25
Bizarre. That is code I added to the rnk family of rolls to try and debug them.
It should not be happening in other rolls but is... or was... Ive re-uploaded.
Apologies to you and 5 others...

Shireling
March 29th, 2021, 13:57
Dice Pool: /pool #d# (add dice to the dice pool)
Dice Pool Roll Type: /pooltype damage|dice (change roll to damage or dice type)
Roll Dice Pool: /rollpool (roll the current pool)

Is there any way to combine these dice pool tools with other dice strings?

I have a new rule system (Sentinel Comics RPG) where they have rolls that create dice pools of 3 dice of varying sizes (ranging from d4 to d12). Sometimes they call for the max die (highest) or the min die (lowest) or the mid die (median). Sometimes it will even call for the sum of all three - which is easy and simply would be rolling the pool you create. However, other times it could be a combination of 2/3 of the dice in the pool in all the various combinations. These would be something like combining the scripts for /rolld or /rolllow and /rollpool.

For the moment, we can just roll the pool currently and visually see the three numbers and do the mental math super quick. It would be nice though to automate those rolls in a similar way to what you have with the current dice string: Hitos (where I just sent the # = 1 but the string defaults to 3d10 and no other combination of other dice in a dice pool). The most common roll in this system is the mid die - hence the hitos reference...

Do you have dice strings specifically for the min, max, or mid of a dice pool?

damned
March 29th, 2021, 14:33
Those rolls do not exist at this time.
I think the easiest would be to
/pooltype orderresult
in chat - everyone has to do it
and then build your pool and throw it
this will just order the results small to big

otherwise you would need to write some dice rollers to order the results and then keep the 1st, 2nd or 3rd dice...
and whatever other options you need

damned
March 29th, 2021, 14:40
You could also do some rolls like this:

/die (1d(p1)+1d(p2)+1d(p3))k1

and then you type in 4, 6, 6 on the roll and click or 4, 8, 10 and then roll etc
this roll will report the highest single die

/die (1d(p1)+1d(p2)+1d(p3))kl1

this one will report the lowest single die

there isnt one to pick the middle die though and this method doesnt use the dice pool thingy

Shireling
March 29th, 2021, 15:21
You could also do some rolls like this:

/die (1d(p1)+1d(p2)+1d(p3))k1

and then you type in 4, 6, 6 on the roll and click or 4, 8, 10 and then roll etc
this roll will report the highest single die

/die (1d(p1)+1d(p2)+1d(p3))kl1

this one will report the lowest single die

there isnt one to pick the middle die though and this method doesnt use the dice pool thingy

I tried using this and it only reports the total of dice rolls for the 3 entries. Neither of those output a max or min. I assume it is user error... sigh.

wndrngdru
March 29th, 2021, 21:33
I tried using this and it only reports the total of dice rolls for the 3 entries. Neither of those output a max or min. I assume it is user error... sigh.
Hi Shireling,

This should get you most of the way. The only one I haven't figured out is dropping the mid value. I'm not sure it's possible with the current dice parser.
Here's a screenie of how to set up the roll. Once you have a roll set up for each, just plop in your dice sizes into the boxes on the character sheet for the roll you're going to use.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=45276&stc=1&d=1617048968

Here are dice strings for everything but drop mid. These should go in the Param Formula field.

Keep Highest 1: /die (1d(p1)+1d(p2)+1d(p3))k1
Keep Highest 2: /die (1d(p1)+1d(p2)+1d(p3))k2
Keep Lowest 1: /die (1d(p1)+1d(p2)+1d(p3))kl1
Keep Lowest 2: /die (1d(p1)+1d(p2)+1d(p3))kl2
Keep All: /die 1d(p1)+1d(p2)+1d(p3)
Keep Mid: /die ((1d(p1)+1d(p2)+1d(p3))d1)kl1

damned
March 29th, 2021, 22:04
Are you using FGC or FGU? These particular rolls will only work on FGU.
Also load the Wide Ps extension.

wndrngdru
March 29th, 2021, 22:25
Are you using FGC or FGU? These particular rolls will only work on FGU.
Also load the Wide Ps extension.

Yeah, I probably should have included that little (big?) caveat.
Also, I think you should rename that extension to Wide Peas. :D No reason, just my quirky humor.

damned
March 29th, 2021, 22:34
Yeah, I probably should have included that little (big?) caveat.
Also, I think you should rename that extension to Wide Peas. :D No reason, just my quirky humor.

Sorry - I know you are running FGU - it was aimed at Shireling as he said that roll 1 didnt work when i suggested that one to him.
I generally have been giving my extensions slightly more fun names lately but i missed that one...

dnquxiti
April 3rd, 2021, 01:14
I'm new to Morecore, and I am curious if I am doing something wrong. I have a Roll built on a character sheet that uses the Ref Field A and Ref Field B from two other roles, then of course my Param Formula to build the actual roll, and it works fine. The issue I am having is that I want to save these rolls into the "Rolls" menu so that I can reuse them for other characters/NPCs. I've tried building them directly in the Rolls menu, as well as building them in a character then dragging to the rolls menu, but in both cases, when I drag all three rolls back to a new character, the dice string that is generated will include the Ref Field ID name (a1, b1, etc) rather than the referenced value. So, for example, something like /die (p1)d(a1)+(b1) in the Param Formula would show up as /die 1d(a1)+(b1) in the dice string. Is there a trick that I am missing to build "Shareable" rolls?

wndrngdru
April 3rd, 2021, 01:46
Hi dnquxiti,

Welcome to the forums.

Unfortunately, there is no way to save a roll that is pre-linked by itself. However, you do have a couple of things you can do to pre-set stuff.

The easiest, especially if you have a lot of the same rolls across characters, is to create a "blank" character sheet with all the rolls set up. You can then just drag and drop the blank character sheet within the Character selection window to create enough sheets for your players. I always take ownership of the original blank so none of the players can claim it and mess it up.

The other thing I will do is go ahead and create the roll in the rolls library with the formula all set up. You would still need to drag 'n' drop your parameter and reference fields once you add it to the character sheet, but it's still faster than setting it up from scratch all the time.

damned
April 3rd, 2021, 02:25
dnquxiti

MoreCore has had several evolutions that have had a big impact on it.
Rolls were a big evolution and following the early Rolls came the Rolls Library.
Sometime later roll Parameters became a thing (thanks mcortez) and these really up the utility of Rolls again.
The problem is that the links in (a), (b), (c) are relative links and they link to the internal database reference of the source.
If you added all your Rolls to the new character sheet in exactly the same order they were added in the initial character before being added to the Library they would probably work...
But as wndrgdru points out there are easier/better ways of doing this now.
The Rolls Library is not defunct but it has certainly become less useful as the Rolls became more powerful.

There are some other ways of setting up the links such as programmatically in an extension but that is a lot more work again.
Pregen characters that can be dragged to duplicate or exported/imported is the way to go in most situations.

dnquxiti
April 4th, 2021, 03:23
Thanks for the replies and the ideas on the various ways to work through this.

wndrngdru
April 4th, 2021, 22:31
Hey damned,

I just noticed that, at least for the /pbta rolls, modifiers are being shown twice in the chat text. They're still only being counted once though.
Also, the modifier box isn't being cleared after the roll.

EDIT: Now I'm having trouble recreating in a clean campaign. Let me do some more digging.

~facepalm~
Never mind. This is what happens when you name a +1 mod roll "+1".

damned
April 4th, 2021, 22:54
The first is what you found, the second is a glitch that is resolved by restarting the GMs FG.
I still havent tracked what causes it.

SweetSwede
April 8th, 2021, 11:13
I am sorry but I dont have time to sift through 101 pages.
I am wondering if I can use morecore for FGU? The instructions for installation all seem to have to do with classic. Atleast my windows dont have the folderbutton etc to install the .pak file?

damned
April 8th, 2021, 14:19
Hi SweetSwede

MoreCore works fine in FGU. If you find any bugs let me know.
There is a folder icon on the FGU splash screen too.
Once you click that go to \rulesets and put the pak file there.
Quit and relaunch FGU and MoreCore will be an option under Create Campaign.

Casimir
April 10th, 2021, 20:57
Hi - I'm trying to develop a Reference Module for MoreCore that has not just the Reference data, but also Equipment Lists, Spells, etc., similar to the 5E SRD Reference Manual lists. I have the MOD loaded in MoreCore, and the Reference Manual and Equipment show up as links, with the Reference Manual working fine. However, the Equipment link will bring up the Equipment window, that shows the list (in this case, Adventuring Gear, Armor, Weapons), but when one clicks on one of those subcategories, nothing happens.

The Ref. Module is set to be visible to any ruleset, and the Equipment lists and subcategories works for DnD 5E... but again, not in MoreCore. I'm not sure, but does this have something to do with classes? Is this functionality possible within a MoreCore Reference Module?

damned
April 11th, 2021, 04:33
Hi Casimir

Unfortunately that is all 5E specific code. I think that PFRPG2 also has it and 2E but there isnt support for it in MoreCore right now.
Can you send me a copy of the module by PM or email and Ill have a look but I cant promise when...

Casimir
April 11th, 2021, 18:33
Okay thanks a lot Damned - PM sent.

Arrix
April 13th, 2021, 03:29
Hello everyone!

Roll20 finally annoyed me enough to purchase a FGU Ultimate license... And now I'm invested. As far as I can tell MoreCore does more than enough to get us started with Exalted 3rd edition in FGU. So thank you very much damned for all the work you put into this.

I just started getting a feel for FGU so I have a ton of questions but the most important hurdle is to get a working character sheet. And with working I don't mean any fancy automation, just something that can store all the required information. The original looks like this: https://www.pdffiller.com/preview/100/878/100878216/large.png

If possible I would like to keep how the ratings are displayed with dots. But I don't mind them just being numbers.

One thing at a time...
The storyteller system has attributes and abillities. Without additional effects an attribute can have a rating between 1-5, an ability between 0-5. Certain extra effects can raise these above the metioned range. I believe the most points a PC can have is currently 7 or 8. The player rolls (attribute) + (ability) d10 against a difficulty set by the gm. The evaluation of the roll is handled very well by /exalted xd10.

So far I've set up Attributes and Abilities as modifier and I've added an "action" roll. Clicking the attributes/abilities adds the modifier together and then clicking the "action" roll (set to roll /exalted 0d10) causes 0+Modifier d10 to be rolled.
That is probably a weird workaround because I wasn't able to automate the addition... Because I'm a noob with stuff like this.

I tried this:
/exalted (p1)+(p2)+(p3)d10

The intention was of course to roll Attribute + Ability + Modifier d10s.
It only rolls (p3)d10 though and doesn't add them together.

There is probably a very simple solution to this that I just don't know, so please excuse me for asking something like this.

Edit: Also before I forget, a short bug report. I have only loaded the latest MoreCore Extension, no theme or anything else. Inserting something into a Ref Field, then right clicking causes the console to open with an error message.

[4/13/2021 4:33:23 AM] MEASURE: RULESETS LOAD - 8.5348306 - MoreCore
[4/13/2021 4:33:23 AM] MEASURE: EXTENSIONS LOAD - 0.0005004 - 0
[4/13/2021 4:33:23 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LIST BUILD - 0.1301118 - 12
[4/13/2021 4:33:23 AM] MEASURE: REFRESH IMAGE ASSETS - 0.0335287
[4/13/2021 4:33:23 AM] MEASURE: REFRESH PORTRAIT ASSETS - 0.0030028
[4/13/2021 4:33:23 AM] MEASURE: REFRESH TOKEN ASSETS - 0.0450387
[4/13/2021 4:33:23 AM] MEASURE: ASSET LIST BUILD - 0.0823208
[4/13/2021 4:33:24 AM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 1 - 9.487649
[4/13/2021 4:33:24 AM] s'aMajor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #4, s'MoreCore' = #1 } | s' aMinor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #1, s'MoreCore' = #61 }
[4/13/2021 4:33:24 AM] s'onInit: registerResultHandler'
[4/13/2021 4:33:24 AM] s'onInit: '
[4/13/2021 4:33:24 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.009509 - Calendars
[4/13/2021 4:33:24 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0820697 - FG Battle Maps
[4/13/2021 4:33:25 AM] RULESET: MoreCore Ruleset (Version 1.61f 20210328). This generic ruleset adds features and flexibility allowing you to play more game systems.
This ruleset coded by damned and ianmward. Additional thanks to superteddy57, celestian, Trenloe, mcortez, kelrugem, Moon Wizard, frostbytejim, Mach5RR and others for their assistance along the way. This incorporates dice rolling extensions from Ikael, DMFirmy, Frostbyte, Sibelius, Trenloe, Imiri, Myrddin, rstrahan, ahoggya, superteddy57, mcortez, David Stitt, thwright, trobadork, SmileyMan, rpotor, opilio, Brotherkelly, Old Scouser Roleplaying, donbwhite, damned and ianmward.
DicePool and much other goodness by ianmward.
Roll Parameters by mcortez.
[4/13/2021 4:33:25 AM] RULESET: Help grow MoreCore. If you would like to support MoreCore you can do so in the following ways:
* Use MoreCore and spread the word about the systems you are playing
* Use MoreCore and upload and share Character sheets (and even campaigns) and instructions for the systems you are playing
* Creating new Rolls for MoreCore and allowing them to be included into MoreCore
* Creating new Theme Extensions for MoreCore and sharing them on the forums
* If you would like to make a donation to help feed my RPG habit you can donate at (LINK)
[4/13/2021 4:33:25 AM] RULESET: Type /morecorehelp to access the MoreCore User Manual in game. Rolls should be added to the PC and NPC sheets and not used in Chat. (LINK)
[4/13/2021 4:33:25 AM] RULESET: Visit (LINK) for the best online RPG convention. Every year in April and October.
[4/13/2021 4:33:25 AM] RULESET: The Dice Pool is turned off by default in new MoreCore campaigns. It can be turned on in Options.
[4/13/2021 4:33:25 AM] RULESET: Due to significant changes in the CoreRPG and Engine there are likely some bugs in this release. Please report them in the link. (LINK)
[4/13/2021 4:33:25 AM] RULESET: Core RPG ruleset (v2021-04-06) for Fantasy Grounds
Copyright 2021 Smiteworks USA, LLC
[4/13/2021 4:33:25 AM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 1.3521664
[4/13/2021 4:33:35 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (number_trackers) in windowclass (cas_stats)
[4/13/2021 4:33:36 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (number_trackers) in windowclass (cas_stats)
[4/13/2021 4:33:36 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (number_trackers) in windowclass (cas_stats)
[4/13/2021 4:33:52 AM] [WARNING] window: Anchored static height ignored for control (number_trackers) in windowclass (cas_stats)
[4/13/2021 4:33:53 AM] [ERROR] radial: Could not find menu icon (resettemp)

johnecc
April 13th, 2021, 03:38
Damned has quite a few videos on youtube, including examples of character sheet creation, you might want to check them out

https://www.youtube.com/c/DamianHupfeld/playlists

damned
April 13th, 2021, 03:51
Welcome Arrix

Does an Ability always use the same Attribute?

Probably the easiest way to set this up is:

Ability: /mod (p1)
Attribute: /mod (p1)
Challenge Roll (or whatever you wish to call it): /exalted (p1)d10

Player clicks Ability Icon (adds the value to the Modifier Stack)
Player clicks Attribute Icon (adds the value to the Modifier Stack)
Player inputs any effects into the Challenge Roll (p1) field or sets it to 0 (no effects).
Player clicks the Challenge Roll Icon.

See how that works?

Arrix
April 13th, 2021, 13:50
@johnecc

Ah yes, thank you. The videos are really helpful and I've already watched a few of them. And I most certainly will be comming back to them when I learned a few basic XML and Lua things first.

@damned

No an ability does not always use the same attribute. There are certain cases where that is the case but generally no, it always depends on the players approach.
An attack roll is either rolled with Dexterity + fight ability + weapon accuracy or Strength + fight ability + weapon accuracy. Meanwhile a damage roll is always (Strenght + weapon damage + threshold successes on the attack roll)-(enemies soak) and knowing stuff is always a Intelligence + (Ability) roll.

I just tried your setup and it works like a charm. Thank you.

Would it also be possible for the input in the Challenge Roll /exalted (p1)d10 to accept negativ inputs? Let's say the player tries to see something far away in heavy fog. That would cause a -2 or -3 penalty. How would I do something like that? With the current formula inputting -3 into the sheet just adds 3 dice.

A workaround I see would be adding these penalties as Modifier to the Modifiers Library (is that what you call it?) and then add them to the Modifier Stack after the player did build their pool.

damned
April 14th, 2021, 03:22
Hi Arrix

I do believe setting up a number of modifier Rolls is the right way to handle it just now.

Varsuuk
April 14th, 2021, 04:37
Was just passing on some work to a friend to test and it hit me - I haven't (on purpose) updated my laptop's FG (Classic and Unity) since January - I am doing slow part time dev work so didn't want to chase versions. I usually update like 2-4x a year max (it's not my play box)

I loaded the new MC and my extension and mod. The extension does not show up - HOWEVER, I have not read a single thread so anything that changed after the big recent change that required MC updating etc, no clue if it changed anything in xml definition or client fields etc to see/load an extension now.

Gonna start searching forums but if anyone can link a thread to speed me - I might be abler to pass it to him tonight.

damned
April 14th, 2021, 05:07
Hi Varsuuk there is no change I am aware of that would stop the extension being seen.

Varsuuk
April 14th, 2021, 05:25
Yup, you are right :)

and it was when I tested an old extension which DID load against my extension.xml, I saw in one of 3 places were I used &amp; instead was &#38; (or like that - from memory, but had a "#" in it) instead - WEIRD, I definitely did not intend to type that in if I did...

Loads now.

Arrix
April 15th, 2021, 16:17
Is it possible to adjust the size of the squares where the modifier are entered? Exalted regulary uses pools and modifier that are between 10 - 25. Having a bit more space within the square would greatly improve the readability for us.
See how it cuts the second number?

This is a screen from the NPCs Category but the PC sheet has the same problem.

damned
April 16th, 2021, 00:54
there is a Fat Fields, or something like that, extension floating about.
im not changing the default because space is at a premium...

damned
April 16th, 2021, 01:06
its actually called something like Wide Ps but I cant find it...
If it doesnt turn up soon Ill recreate it...

Arrix
April 16th, 2021, 01:33
Ah alright thank you. I didn't realize that it would be something that would work across every sheet. I have yet to use FG without MoreCore. ^^'

I'll try looking for the extension, maybe I'll have more luck than you.

wndrngdru
April 16th, 2021, 05:33
I didn't have any luck finding the original post it's attached to either, but here's a copy of the one I snagged back in January.

Edit: Found it! (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset&p=573353&viewfull=1#post573353) @damned You should add this to the extensions in your MC Info post.

Arrix
April 16th, 2021, 13:30
Thanks a lot! Gonna test it straight away.

On a side note a bug report:

Only MoreCore is active, no theme. Opening the groups tab and creating a new group works, but the console opens and spits out the following script errors:

[4/16/2021 2:27:07 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/masterindex_window.lua"]:364: attempt to call field 'setRecordType' (a nil value)
[4/16/2021 2:27:07 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/masterindex_list.lua"]:39: attempt to index field 'idelete' (a nil value)

damned
April 16th, 2021, 13:45
groups and places are deprecated.
they are still there to allow people to migrate their data
use World Builder instead - it replaces groups and locations, is more powerful, has more fields and, well, it works and the others no longer do!

Arrix
April 16th, 2021, 14:20
Oh good to know. Thanks for the heads up!

The Wide Ps Extension also works like a charm.

Edit:

Sorry to bother you again, but are these errors MoreCore related? Should I worry about them? These started happening while creating an linking abilities.

[16.04.2021 17:30:41] [ERROR] Object (DATABASENODE) deleted without cleaning up attached Lua object.
[4/16/2021 5:32:31 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.2767363 - Exalted 3rd Edition Basis
[4/16/2021 5:32:44 PM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.3167721 - Exalted 3rd Edition Basis
[4/16/2021 5:34:00 PM] [WARNING] Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.
[4/16/2021 5:35:16 PM] Campaign saved.
[4/16/2021 5:40:17 PM] Campaign saved.
[4/16/2021 5:45:17 PM] Campaign saved.
[4/16/2021 5:49:41 PM] Tabletop scene exiting.
[16.04.2021 17:49:41] [ERROR] Object (DATABASENODE) deleted without cleaning up attached Lua object.
[16.04.2021 17:49:41] [ERROR] Object (DATABASENODE) deleted without cleaning up attached Lua object.
[4/16/2021 5:49:41 PM] Launcher scene starting.

Arrix
April 18th, 2021, 14:25
Another question came up:

When using /exalted or /exalteddmg every modifier that is added counts as a die. And that is absolutely great, most of Exalted works this way. But there are also effects that add 1 automatic success to the result of the roll. Would it be possible to automate this?

Also would it be possible to sort the rolled rice from high to low?

damned
April 18th, 2021, 22:56
The Roll would need to be rewritten to account for that.
Can you explain how/why/when these advantages would occur and can you upload a current char sheet so I can have a think about it

Arrix
April 19th, 2021, 00:41
Sure I can. How would I upload a sheet, what files would you need? Here is my "dev" module that I currently try to make into some kind of database for all my future Ex3 campaigns: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v36grt7wgglswqg/Exalted%203rd%20Edition%20Template.mod?dl=0
I hope dropbox is fine. I marked it as a player module so I hope you are able to load it. I'm still new to the technicalities of FG.
We are still very much in the tweaking phase, figuring out where everything should be going, so it may not be very helpful.

Concerning how/when/why... This is tricky.
The base system is Attribute (value from 1-5) + Ability (value from 0-5) = dice pool in d10 with 7 or higher as a success. 10s count as two successes.

Now every player has a Willpower stat that is somewhere between 0 and 10. A player can spent a point of Willpower to have 1 automatic success on his roll. The player can only ever spent 1 point of willpower on a single roll.

Every player has access to a mechanic called "Stunts". Stunts have 3 levels, 1 to 3. A 1 point stunt is a short but cool description of the action the player undertakes and rewards the player with 2 bonus dice. A 2 point stunt is the coolest thing that will happen that session and it rewards 2 bonus dice, 1 automatic success and 1 willpower to the player. A 2 point stunt is the most badass thing that will probably happen in the whole chronic, rewarding 2 dice, 2 successes and 2 points of willpower. The storyteller judges if a description counts as a stunt.

Then there are merits. Every player can have certain merits that can award bonus dice/successes on very specific actions. Those work kinda like Feats in DnD.

That is how the base system works.

These systems get expanded on by Charms. Charms are the cool powers that the chosen of the gods can manifest. And they are the " mechanical meat" of the game. Every splat (there are 3 different kinds of Exalted currently published) has it's own charm set. These charms can have a variety of mechanical and narrative effects. They are also way too many of them (we still love them nonetheless). The Solar splat alone has around 700 hundred charms in the core book alone. As such I can't possibly tell you everything that they do, but common mechanics are:

Adding either a fixed or variable amount of automatic successes (add 2 automatic successes to your roll or add [Level / Attribute / Ability / Etc.] automatic successes to your roll)
Adding additional bonus dice to a roll
Re-rolling certain numbers on a roll (common numbers are 1s, 5s, 6s and 10s)
Re-rolling certain numbers on a roll till they fail to appear
Re-rolling non-successes a certain amount of time
Adjust the target number from 7 to 6/5/4
Not only 10s but also 9s/8s/7s count as double successes

And any combination of these. Currently each of my players has around 30 to 40 charms. (I'm so glad the ability tab in your MoreCore sheet is as spacious as it is. We have added the Charms as a module so character building is simply dragging and dropping and clicking to show the description of what the charm does.)

To use these charms the players need to spent their "mana" (called essence or motes in Exalted) and/or willpower.

I hope this information helps.

We played on Roll20 before and did most of these manually. The one thing that helped a lot though was the sorting of the dice. Having all the numbers grouped together made the "Re-Roll every die that shows a X!" a lot faster. So if I would request anything to be added that would be it.

Edit: I don't think this is relevant, but just to be sure. Charms have types. They can either be Permanent, Simple, Reflexive or Supplemental.
Permanent: No activation. They are just there, doing their things like permanently increasing health.
Simple: They take an action to activate. Some charms generate attacks, some don't and are scene long buffs instead (like going into a supernatural martial arts stance that let's you control the elements). One can only activate a single simple charm in an action (in combat every character has a single action per turn) or instance.
Reflexive: These can basically be activated whenever. Some have some specific rules for that in their text.
Supplemental: These don't generate actions (like simple charms and sometimes reflexive charms) but they support any given action. Any number of supplemental charms can be used to support an action.

damned
April 20th, 2021, 18:44
Ok Ive uploaded a new build of MoreCore

Main changes:
Rolls now have a consumable option - for use with things like potions, wands etc. If you set an item to be consumable you can then set the maximum uses, available uses and optionally a recharge value in dice string format (valid examples: 1d6, 2d4+2, 3) and clicking the recharge button will calculate recharges and apply. Usage and recharge are all output to chat.
New /exaltedx (p1)d10x(p2) where (p2) value will apply as automatic successes
Removed Locations and Organisations (these have been superseded by World Builder quite some time ago)
Added some baseline support for Item category views in export modules.

There is probably other stuff that Ive forgotten...

Arrix
April 20th, 2021, 19:00
Ok Ive uploaded a new build of MoreCore
New /exaltedx (p1)d10x(p2) where (p2) value will apply as automatic successes

Thank you very much!

I just tested the roll and it works like a charm.

Also

Rolls now have a consumable option - for use with things like potions, wands etc. If you set an item to be consumable you can then set the maximum uses, available uses and optionally a recharge value in dice string format (valid examples: 1d6, 2d4+2, 3) and clicking the recharge button will calculate recharges and apply. Usage and recharge are all output to chat.

is probably very useful for us. Exalted normally doesn't have consumables but certain charms can only be used once per scene/battle. And some of them have a reset condition so the player can use them again if certain conditions have been met. This will probably make tracking a lot easier.

And again thank you very much for your work and time!

damned
April 20th, 2021, 19:12
Hi Arrix we probably need a /exalteddmgx roll too at some point...

I think on the recharge thing I should probably add support for "half" and "full" too.
If recharge proves to be useful I will probably have to look at a way to trigger it to run on all Rolls, either per character or maybe via the Rest feature...

Arrix
April 20th, 2021, 22:34
Hi Arrix we probably need a /exalteddmgx roll too at some point...

That would be quite awesome, yes. The good thing is that the effects that cause automatic successes are quite rare for damage rolls. Stunts/willpower only count for the attack roll but not the damge itself.

Felderburg
April 22nd, 2021, 01:00
I feel like I'm missing something with how to add rolls to the MoreCore character sheet tab. Tutorial video 4 implies I should be able to do it in FG, without editing XML, but I don't seem to be able to (in the video the editing windows just pop up with no explanation). I can change the name of the default 6 boxes (Attributes, Feats, etc.), and I can add blank items in the boxes, but no amount of clicking or right clicking lets me modify the items. Do I need to edit the XML? Do I need to choose a ruleset?

Edit: Found it, you need to add roll types to the "rolls" list. That wasn't very clear.

I also think it would be helpful to name which xml or lua file is actually being edited in the videos; I can find the one eventually, but it's a pain to find them if they're not explicitly named.

damned
April 22nd, 2021, 01:48
Hi Felderburg,

Thanks for the feedback. Are you trying to write an extension or just start playing?
If you are writing an extension to customise the look/feel/behaviour then use the tutorials, otherwise add rolls and configure them.
Try and download some example character sheets or watch this video to give you a better understanding of how to setup Rolls within MoreCore https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7UENAvECO8
Yes not including the filenames was an oversight, they were meant to be displayed at the top of the screen in notepad.

damned
April 22nd, 2021, 01:56
Ive also replied on your Youtube comments too.

GusRPG
April 24th, 2021, 18:32
Hi Damned, is there any way to do assign specific values to the combat tracker fields in MoreCore?, like /c4mod = 2 , I can add values ( like /c4mod + (a) ) but I cant assign specific values (to reset a stat for example)
Thanks!

GusRPG
April 24th, 2021, 19:06
Another question, its possible to roll with on or two bonus or penalty die on a d100% like in Coc7? thanks!

Skellan
April 29th, 2021, 12:22
I think there may be an issue with rolling 1d5 for dice pools.
/pool 1d5 seems to be adding a random result to the modifier box rather than populating the dice pool.
The other numbers all seem fine though.

damned
April 29th, 2021, 12:41
When you add dice that are not defined it immediately does a random calc on those dice and adds it to the Modifier stack as well as adding a pip/slot to the Pool.

Skellan
April 29th, 2021, 12:57
Fair enough :) I thought it may be an bug as the 1d3 adds a die to the pool.
It is not a really a big issue but I guess an unscrupulous player is getting the results before actually rolling, so it is a bit weird. Just thought I would mention it in case it was not known behaviour.
In any case, The morecore ruleset has been super useful and adaptable and this is a minor thing - so thank you for all the hours you must have spent creating it.

damned
April 29th, 2021, 13:31
The D3 and D2 are actually defined in CoreRPG which is why they work.
What are you playing?

Skellan
April 29th, 2021, 13:38
I see, it is no big deal, we can work around it.
We are playing Lex Arcana, we are like a roman x files team. It has a brilliant mechanic where you can make up a dice pool that equals your skill with any combination of dice. If all dice rolled are maximum they explode. So if you have say, 20 skill, you could roll 1d20 and chance it or you could roll 4d5 and get a safer median value but at a reduced chance of exploding.

I'll see if the GM wants to share the character sheet etc. once we have played a few more sessions :)

Arrix
April 30th, 2021, 21:52
Hello Damned,

one of my awesome players wrote a little extension for the Exalted 3e system. This does add a few custom rolls/modifier. First our challenge roll has been adjusted.

It now does
/exalted3e (p1)x(p2)y(p3)

where p1 is the dice pool, p2 are automatic successes and p3 is the TN for double successes. So with p3=8 every die that shows an eight or higher will count as 2 successes.

The additional modifiers are the most common used rerolls and custom penalties.

These work with keywords.

- Rerollone - /mod 0 Rerollone - 1s will be rerolled till they fail to appear.
- Rerollfive - /mod 0 Rerollfive - 5s will be rerolled
- Rerollsix - /mod 0 Rerollsix - 6s will be rerolled
- Rerollten - /mod 0 Rerollten - 10s will be rerolled

- MinusDice /mod (p1) MinusDice - The entered number will be substracted from the dice pool. For this /mod (p1) needs to be enabled.

So far we didn't encounter any issues. But for some reason we can't create a working .ext file. So to prevent confusion I uploaded is as .zip. Just unpacking it in the Extensions folder works.

damned
April 30th, 2021, 23:52
Hello Damned,

one of my awesome players wrote a little extension for the Exalted 3e system. This does add a few custom rolls/modifier. First our challenge roll has been adjusted.

It now does
/exalted3e (p1)x(p2)y(p3)

where p1 is the dice pool, p2 are automatic successes and p3 is the TN for double successes. So with p3=8 every die that shows an eight or higher will count as 2 successes.

The additional modifiers are the most common used rerolls and custom penalties.

These work with keywords.

- Rerollone - /mod 0 Rerollone - 1s will be rerolled till they fail to appear.
- Rerollfive - /mod 0 Rerollfive - 5s will be rerolled
- Rerollsix - /mod 0 Rerollsix - 6s will be rerolled
- Rerollten - /mod 0 Rerollten - 10s will be rerolled

- MinusDice /mod (p1) MinusDice - The entered number will be substracted from the dice pool. For this /mod (p1) needs to be enabled.

So far we didn't encounter any issues. But for some reason we can't create a working .ext file. So to prevent confusion I uploaded is as .zip. Just unpacking it in the Extensions folder works.

Fantastic. Ill include it in the next build with your permission!

Arrix
May 1st, 2021, 14:15

Yes, feel free to include them. With /exalted3e help there is also little help command with example rolls/mods.

Brotherkelly
May 3rd, 2021, 10:03
Hi Damned Can you let me know which custom dice roll lua file I would find the following:

Roll Under (Mod Dice): /rollunderdmod #d#x#([+-]#) (roll #dice and count #-, optional modifier adjusts the final number of succeses, modifier box adjusts the number of dice rolled)

This is one of the rolls listed in post #2. I am looking to use the modifier box to adjust some of my new rolls I am generating for my Battletech: A Time of War Extension.

I have done a search through the files and can't find it.

Brotherkelly
May 3rd, 2021, 10:11
Damned, don't worry, just found it.

I was misspelling the roll name in my search through the files.

damned
May 3rd, 2021, 11:51
It is one of the older scripts - desktop/scripts/morecore_damned_rollunderdmod.lua

Varsuuk
May 3rd, 2021, 22:40
Damned, don't worry, just found it.

I was misspelling the roll name in my search through the files.

If I had a dolar for every time I made a typo, I’d… d’oh!!!

:)

FateStCloud
May 4th, 2021, 10:16
Hey there, I was wondering if anyone could provide a bit of assistance with Morecore.

Currently I am trying to set up the L5R extension in Unity, and so far everything is working, no issues with dice or anything, however my issue is that the custom buttons on the sidebar do not populate with the new graphic, this is a constant no matter what Morecore theme I downloaded.

I do not get any errors when loading like it could not find a file or anything, it just shows up with the basic "Heroes, notes, images" etc large side bar buttons of a grey background and all.
Any assistance on this would be helpful, I am attaching the extension I am using for this. I am also on Unity [TEST] v4.1.0 and updated to current

FateStCloud
May 4th, 2021, 11:06
Hey there, I was wondering if anyone could provide a bit of assistance with Morecore.

Currently I am trying to set up the L5R extension in Unity, and so far everything is working, no issues with dice or anything, however my issue is that the custom buttons on the sidebar do not populate with the new graphic, this is a constant no matter what Morecore theme I downloaded.

I do not get any errors when loading like it could not find a file or anything, it just shows up with the basic "Heroes, notes, images" etc large side bar buttons of a grey background and all.
Any assistance on this would be helpful, I am attaching the extension I am using for this. I am also on Unity [TEST] v4.1.0 and updated to current

Nevermind! I figured out how to customize the large sidebar buttons by looking through the 5e files for Unity.

damned
May 4th, 2021, 11:07
I have an updated version that uses the old graphic and font but Im trying to fix the dice.
When you roll the dice are not being displayed - only the final selected results.

FateStCloud
May 4th, 2021, 19:01
I have an updated version that uses the old graphic and font but Im trying to fix the dice.
When you roll the dice are not being displayed - only the final selected results.

The Dice are not being displayed? like the 3D model is not showing up or the output is not showing the die faces?
Here is what I get on mine, seems to work fairly well.

damned
May 4th, 2021, 22:15
Fgu?

damned
May 4th, 2021, 23:35
Sweet - this particular build does still have working dice!
Ill fix the sidebar in this one and a couple of other things and then get it pushed back out.

FateStCloud
May 4th, 2021, 23:52
Sweet - this particular build does still have working dice!
Ill fix the sidebar in this one and a couple of other things and then get it pushed back out.

Sounds good!

This bit of code in the xml seems to be the factor for the dice in case you need it for any others:

-- New code to substitute custom dice icons in the result.
function processResultDieGraphics(aDice)
local isFGU = UtilityManager.isClientFGU();
local aNewDice = {};

-- Step through the dice and if they're custom change the type
-- Converts all dice results to be custom die icons
for k,v in ipairs(aDice) do
if isFGU then
table.insert(aNewDice, { type = v.type, result = v.result, icon = v.type .. "icon." .. v.result });
else
table.insert(aNewDice, { type = v.type .. "." .. v.result, result = v.result });
end
end

return aNewDice;
end

FateStCloud
May 5th, 2021, 10:24
@damned

Heya, currently poking around some more at the L5R extension, was wondering if you could direct me to where the icons for the social portion might be located. (IE: Glory, Honour, Status)

They have these three what looks like half circles next to them, which I am guessing are supposed to be the editable portion where you put the values.
Also if you delete the words Glory, like if you are replacing those with the values but clear it out, you are not able to re-add anything on that section.

Here is a picture of the half circles I was talking about, trying to adjust it to show up fully

damned
May 5th, 2021, 12:54
I am updating the extension thread with a fixed sheet just now.

FateStCloud
May 5th, 2021, 18:28
I am updating the extension thread with a fixed sheet just now.

Sweet thanks for all the hard work!

zarlor
May 23rd, 2021, 20:24
Is there a list of which rolls work appropriately with /pooltype and/or anything special to know about how to get them to work? If there isn't a list please consider this a feature request for the documentation page to highlight which ones work or work well with it.

I'm currently working on a Character Sheet for Codex Martialis which rolls variable 1d20s in a dice pool. Minimum of 1 in the dice pool, and nothing subtracts from the dice pool, so I'm thinking I will be using the /pool command to add more d20s where appropriate, along with standard modifiers to add to the total result. This is a roll-#d20-keep-the-highest system (although 1 is always a fumble if the highest roll is a 1, and 20 is always a hit, but not always a Critical, but that's not that important for this purpose). So far I think all I can really do with this is use /pooltype orderresult but was curious if there might be some way to get /rk or something similar to work for something like this.

Edit: Or maybe I should just look at modifying /rnk to just be a d20 roll, keep highest 1, then it wouldn't need any extra variables and it would appropriately give me the single highest die of the pool and add the modifiers in it so I could use the output number more directly?

damned
May 24th, 2021, 00:34
Any rolls that require an additional argument to be passed to them will not work with the pooltype command.
orderresults will work but something that has a success level that is passed in the string will not.

zarlor
May 24th, 2021, 04:12
Thanks, Damned. I'll just stick with orderresult, then! No worries.

Speaking of modifiers, this is on FGU I might add, I just set up a "/mod (p1)+(a)" modifier but get the "Usage: /mod [number] [description]" as output. If I do "/mod (p1) + (a)" it works at adding the p1 to the modifier and then give the "+ " and the value of (a) in the description text when running the roll. Is /mod supposed to just be a simple handler of singular numbers or a single variable? Just want to determine if it's just supposed to be that way or if I'm messing something up (or should be doing that a different way.)

damned
May 24th, 2021, 05:00
What looks like a simple operation still needs to be coded for.

MoreCore has been an evolving thing for a long time. /mod was written before Roll Parameters became a thing. There was no need for Math at that time. Adding math support into each script (there are closer to 200 of them) is a significant task and many times unnecessary as math wont be used by all scripts.

More recently some support for a single math operation has been added using [ and ] around the parameters as in this example:

/mod [(p1)+(a)]

This works for your scenario.

zarlor
May 24th, 2021, 12:27
Brackets! I don't know why I didn't think to try brackets. I did enclose it all in parenthesis but I really should have known better and tried brackets since that definitely did the trick. Thanks again!

zarlor
May 24th, 2021, 23:13
One more... how do you use /ability (of the other descriptive ones?) If I use it on a roll the output just shows "uses AbilityName", which is the same as if I had nothing in the Dice String, but never any of the descriptive text I put into the "/ability DescriptiveText" Dice String line. If I try it at the chat prompt it just acts like it's an unknown command and gives me the list of SLASH commands. I can just use something like "/die 0d0 DescriptiveText", of course, but I wouldn't mind being able to just set it up without the die roll showing up.

damned
May 24th, 2021, 23:14
You use it exactly as that. They just have different Icons that display to help you categorise them. They were for a specific game system.

zarlor
May 25th, 2021, 01:41
That is what I thought, but... Hmm... odd, then, as they are not working for me either at the chat or in a roll. I don't get an icon and it just shows ""uses AbilityName". meaning the name of the Ability I set but it doesn't show any of the text I put into the roll and no special icon with it, same for any of the other descriptive ones. Very odd.

damned
May 25th, 2021, 01:48
Rolls are not really meant to be used from chat, only from the charsheet or npcsheet or ct

The icon only appears in the sheet. It simply outputs what you are seeing.

zarlor
May 25th, 2021, 02:38
I think I see now. So the syntax "/ability (description only)" I was reading it like "/ability (description only)" as if description only was a variable that would be output. But instead the (description only) rolls simply show an icon on the sheet for that thing which, when clicked, outputs some appropriate verb (such as "uses" or "casts") and then the title of the roll. I got it now. Thanks again!

rdcullen
May 26th, 2021, 00:13
The MoreCore font is always present on the Sidebar buttons, even when I add a theme extension to my project. I don't see any way to set the font for the buttons in the options. Is my only recourse to override the buttons definition in my extension?

damned
May 26th, 2021, 01:50
Welcome rdcullen

you will need to redefine this in your extension:

<font name="button_sidebar_dockitem">
<ttf file="graphics/fonts/astrud.regular.ttf" name="Astrud" size="26" />
<color value="#ffffff" />
</font>

the original is found in /graphics/graphics_fonts.xml

What are you running in MoreCore?

rdcullen
May 26th, 2021, 02:02
I'm playing around, looking to adapt the Shadowrun 5e extension to work for Shadowrun 6e. I had subscribed to the Art Packs and had added the Futuristic theme, but was surprised to see that the button font didn't change when I re-loaded my environment. I traced it back to the code you mentioned but that seems a bit of a code smell to me. forcing a font on someone using the extension rather than allowing a theme to be defined. Oh well, back to making the graphical changes I want. I do appreciate the 5e extension already dealing with the Shadowrun dice mechanics, though I still need to check implementation of the wild die.

damned
May 26th, 2021, 02:07
Most likely the Futuristic theme isnt changing the sidebar options at all.
There is another post where I uploaded a couple of extra frames that I think was intended for people using that theme.

You will have to have a search for it though...

rdcullen
May 26th, 2021, 02:36
Ok, thanks. Will do.

damned
May 26th, 2021, 04:08
Try this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?63568-Future-Theme-MoreCore-character-sheet-almost-unreadable

zarlor
May 26th, 2021, 20:38
Just curious if there are any plans to add more arithmetic capabilities to /mod? It looks like you can get away with only 2 items if any of the items are variables, so a number and a variable, or 2 variables is all, and I'm running into an issue where I'd really like to be able to add 3 or even 4 together. Like having a p1 box for Skill Rank then adding an Attribute Modifier dragged into Ref Field a and a Proficiency Modifier dragged into Ref Field b, or things like that. Or maybe I'm asking in the wrong place? That might be a CoreRPG function and, if so, my apologies for asking here. Or maybe a feature request to add Modifiers to /pool? That way I can add not just some number of a given dice, but also modifiers to go into the Modifier box? That could work, too.

damned
May 26th, 2021, 20:42
My recommendation is to actually have four /mod commands.
Then each gets added to the stack along with its description.

zarlor
May 26th, 2021, 21:16
Unfortunately that turns it into a massive waterfall of rolls to track across a lot of different things. Maybe if I could add modifiers to /pool rolls I could work around that some, but as it is I already have a lot of standalone /mod rolls to handle other situational modifiers. In other words being able to have the combined modifiers for some things that are understood as containing those by the description alone would be really helpful, then I'm only adding in truly situational modifiers where needed. A lot less clicks for the player to have to deal with and walk through to set up their rolls.

(EDIT: Just in case anyone runs into this on a search or the like... Silly me, you CAN add modifiers to a /pool roll. When I tested I blanked out and had spaces between the roll and the "+" items. Just removing the extra spaces works just fine and handles multiple variables allowing for a bit better consolidation of the rolls. There's still a few clicks involved, but that's just because Codex Integrum just has so much flexibility!)

Quorlox
May 28th, 2021, 10:13
Is there a way in MoreCore to modify each individual die in a roll with multiple dice, e.g., 5(d20 - 4) which rolls five d20s, subtracting four from each d20?

damned
May 28th, 2021, 10:52
No. But that math is the same as 5d20 -20...

Quorlox
May 28th, 2021, 12:04
No. But that math is the same as 5d20 -20...

Unfortunately I need a group of individual dice rolls with a modifier not the sum, but thanks for the info!

Quorlox
May 29th, 2021, 12:23
Unfortunately I need a group of individual dice rolls with a modifier not the sum, but thanks for the info!

However, I think the "Success/Fail: /sfdice #d#s#f# (roll #dice, count #s[Success] and #f[Fail])" may work just fine for my needs.

keil
May 30th, 2021, 04:04
Curious as to why a 2 digit number can't fit inside the number cell.
Is this an easy fix ? Circled it in green.

keil
May 30th, 2021, 04:06
Another question. Yes I am terrible at this
The addition on (p1)+(p2)+(p3) does not work to roll against the d100. Any tips on how to make this work

damned
May 30th, 2021, 07:53
welcome keil

Look here for Wide Ps extension.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37755-MoreCore-extensions

Math is not trivial.
You can do math on 2 numbers only by using [(p1)+(p2)] but you cannot do more than 2 this way.

keil
May 30th, 2021, 17:29
I thank you Sir. Now that I know there is a resource like you and with a speedy response, I won't hesitate to post here.
Again thanks.

keil
May 31st, 2021, 02:27
New question
/c1mod # actually post to the Health ?
I marked it in the pic.
I may have the string wrong or not understanding it correctly. 47228

damned
May 31st, 2021, 02:35
it is working correctly for me.
what happens when you click the button on the charsheet to use the roll?

also note that if you click into the Dice String and then out again it will set the icon on that roll correctly.

It should report in chat: Conan uses Health (cost 11)

keil
May 31st, 2021, 03:21
"also note that if you click into the Dice String and then out again it will set the icon on that roll correctly."

That is what I had to do and it works now.. awesome

keil
June 3rd, 2021, 03:41
New question for the master.
Will this string not roll an initiative in the npc character sheet.
If there is a way or string I'm curious what it is. 47306

Is there another or a different way to roll initiative. It seems if I move the npc character to the combat tracker it assigns a random initiative

damned
June 3rd, 2021, 03:49
When you add actors to the CT they will use the Initiative roll that is set in Options.
There is no simple way for me to make it look for an Init roll on the sheet and use that.
So after you add them to the CT use the /myinit roll

sambarilov
June 23rd, 2021, 17:41
Hi guys. I'm trying to use the /edies #d#x# roll, but apparently it's broken.

I'm attaching the logs.

damned
June 23rd, 2021, 22:20
Welcome sambarilov

edies has unfortunately broke under FGU
Try using: /die (p1)d10!s(p2)
or /die (p1)d10es(p2)

One of these should do it the way you are after.
This will only work in FGU

sambarilov
June 23rd, 2021, 22:47
I get it.

I tested here and the only issue with that is that it doesn't add successes from the exploding dice. I think it is adding up the exploded dice value to the original and checking if the sum is above the success margin instead of considering it a new die roll.

Don't know if it's a bug, but I can manage without that regardless.

Thanks a lot.

damned
June 23rd, 2021, 23:17
The first option does that and the second option adds the extra dice as extra dice.

sambarilov
June 23rd, 2021, 23:40
You're right!

I misread the second one. Sorry about that xD

And thanks again!

jharp
June 25th, 2021, 16:42
Under what license is MoreCore released? I looked for a license.html but no such file.

damned
June 27th, 2021, 04:54
I have not put a license on it.
You may borrow code from it, you may borrow rolls from it, but dont borrow large sections and not to build another universal base platform.
What is it you want to do?

jharp
June 27th, 2021, 18:48
I have not put a license on it.
You may borrow code from it, you may borrow rolls from it, but dont borrow large sections and not to build another universal base platform.
What is it you want to do?

I'm thinking that I might want to integrate certain features (I don't know what features) in the ruleset I'm building. Sadly, setting a dependency on the entire MoreCore isn't an option. Anyways that was the reason for my question.

Idward
June 27th, 2021, 20:54
I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or not. I am not able to set the CT: Initiative Dice Size to D6. I can do d10, d100, d20, d12, or 2d10.

damned
June 28th, 2021, 14:24
I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or not. I am not able to set the CT: Initiative Dice Size to D6. I can do d10, d100, d20, d12, or 2d10.

Something has indeed broken...

replace line 75 in scripts\data_options_morecore.lua with this:

-- options for Init Dice Size in Combat Tracker --
OptionsManager.registerOption2("MCInitDice", false, "option_header_combattracker", "option_label_MCInitDice", "option_entry_cycler",
{ labels = "option_val_MCC_d8|option_val_MCC_2d6|option_val_MC C_d4|option_val_MCC_d0|option_val_MCC_d6|option_va l_MCC_d100|option_val_MCC_d20|option_val_MCC_d12|o ption_val_MCC_2d10|option_val_MCC_d10", values = "8|2d6|4|0|6|100|20|12|2d10|10", baselabel = "option_val_MCC_d10", baseval = "10", default = "10" });

and it should work.
totally borks the order of the numbers but it works...

JoakimEdman
June 29th, 2021, 14:18
English is not my native language, I have dyslexia, so I apologise in advance, and I have no prior knowledge of XML or even HTML.

I am for now trying to wrap my head around how to create Cyberpunk RED in FantasyGrounds.
I know that a better road would be using Ruleset Wizard but 50euro is much money to just try and se if you understand a new programlaguage. If can wrap my head around the XML I will probably invest in Ruleset Wizard.

I am going another rote then our all and mighty damned ;) . I am starting with the dice.
All skillroll are skill+stat+1d10(Exploding high or low but only once) (die range -9 to +20)

There are a few dice macro in Morecore you can use but none worked for me.
/witcher 1d10+x
It is openended both high and low roll.
#1 do not prevent it from making more then one extra diceroll. (/Witcher 1d10#1)
Is low broken? Die roll: 1 and 9 result: -9, the dice shows 10. (sending a picture to show.)
Can not handle two fixed values. (/Witcher 1d10+x+y.)

/die 1d10l (Lowercase “L”)
Explode infinite times on “1”. (Die roll +1, -10, -10......) (it does calculate correctly)
/die 1d10e
Explode infinite times.
#1 does not prevent from rolling more then once extra.
Tried to create Low and high but did not work.
/die 1d10el it only check the first one, tried &, “,” and a few more.

Damage xd6 and if two ore dice land on 6 it is a critical Injury.
Xd6s gave me number of successes but sadly not the total damage.

Thanks keep up the good work and take care out there. :)
Best Wishes Joakim

JoakimEdman
June 29th, 2021, 14:31
I missed the picture.

damned
June 30th, 2021, 08:52
English is not my native language, I have dyslexia, so I apologise in advance, and I have no prior knowledge of XML or even HTML.

I can assure you we all have problems!

I am for now trying to wrap my head around how to create Cyberpunk RED in FantasyGrounds.
I know that a better road would be using Ruleset Wizard but 50euro is much money to just try and se if you understand a new programlaguage. If can wrap my head around the XML I will probably invest in Ruleset Wizard.

I am going another rote then our all and mighty damned ;) . I am starting with the dice.
All skillroll are skill+stat+1d10(Exploding high or low but only once) (die range -9 to +20)

There are a few dice macro in Morecore you can use but none worked for me.
/witcher 1d10+x
It is openended both high and low roll.
#1 do not prevent it from making more then one extra diceroll. (/Witcher 1d10#1)
Is low broken? Die roll: 1 and 9 result: -9, the dice shows 10. (sending a picture to show.)
Can not handle two fixed values. (/Witcher 1d10+x+y.)

/die 1d10l (Lowercase “L”)
Explode infinite times on “1”. (Die roll +1, -10, -10......) (it does calculate correctly)
/die 1d10e
Explode infinite times.
#1 does not prevent from rolling more then once extra.
Tried to create Low and high but did not work.
/die 1d10el it only check the first one, tried &, “,” and a few more.

Damage xd6 and if two ore dice land on 6 it is a critical Injury.
Xd6s gave me number of successes but sadly not the total damage.

Thanks keep up the good work and take care out there. :)
Best Wishes Joakim

I cant think of any dice roller combination that currently supports exploding dice but only exploding one time.
It will require a new roll.
I am unfortunately crazy, crazy busy at work and I will not be able to give this any great thought for some time...

JoakimEdman
June 30th, 2021, 12:29
Thx for a quick reply and understanding. :)

IRL always trumps Game, and work is more important, but most important is Family.

Rewatched your tutorial for ruleset wizard, you did partly look into the Dice isue in Episode 13-14.
Will invest in ruleset wizard and give it a try.

Good luck on work and hope you will get a nice day.

Best Wishes Joakim

damned
June 30th, 2021, 12:32
From memory - I cheated in that Video.
I did roll the dice - and if the dice rolled 1 or 10 I did a math.random(10) and applied that without rolling a second dice.
Doing exploding dice coding is pretty complex... this route was very easy though less fun in action.

JoakimEdman
June 30th, 2021, 16:35
That is true, i suppose you say it is not as easy as just add another die if the result is 10?
Well i hope i can figure something out. worst case i will have to use a "invisible die" for positive explosion. :)

Quorlox
August 16th, 2021, 20:13
I'm getting a number of errors for a wide variety of roles. I noticed it first with Chronicle of Darkness but I've selected a few others and the only one that seems to work is Earthdawn. I updated to the most recent MoreCore version and the problem persists. I received the following when I typed in /cod 1d10:

wndrngdru
August 17th, 2021, 01:56
I received the following when I typed in /cod 1d10:

When you say "typed in", are you typing them in the chat box? Many of the MoreCore roll commands will throw errors when just typed into chat. They are designed to be used within Rolls on the character sheet.

damned
August 17th, 2021, 01:59
If typed in to chat you also need to supply the description in the roll

wndrngdru
August 17th, 2021, 02:03
I just tested in a clean campaign and it does indeed throw an error when rolled from a character sheet using an attribute in the # position.

damned
August 17th, 2021, 13:41
It seems that /cod is broken and that I have in the past tried to fix.
Unsuccessfully.

I would use this:
/die [(p1)+(p2)]d10s8f1
and set my Stat in p1 and set any mods (dont forget to clear them after rolling if not needed anymore) in p2 and hide p3

kronovan
August 19th, 2021, 22:50
What is the most recent version of the MoreCore ruleset? The download link on the front page is for 1.62 with a release date of Apr 21/2021.
I could have sworn this ruleset gets updated more frequently than that, but can anyone confirm that that version is indeed the most recent?

As well, why isn't MoreCore on Forge? Or is it there and I just somehow missed it?

damned
August 19th, 2021, 22:54
The ruleset gets updated when
a) an update is needed and
b) i have time to do so
The product does most things that its going to so its not likely to see/need as many updates in the future

Why is it not on the forge yet?
see b)

kronovan
August 19th, 2021, 23:03
b) i have time to do so
The product does most things that its going to so its not likely to see/need as many updates in the future

see b)

Oh OK, that's cool and I really respect all the effort you put into it Damned. I just remember some time back when I was working on my custom implementation of True20 and doing some testing for ATOW/Battletech, that the updates were more frequent than every 4 months. I'm actually pleased to read that MoreCore has gotten to a state where it doesn't need updating as often.

frostbyte000jm
August 20th, 2021, 14:23
b) i have time to do so

see b)

Help! I am suck in a circular loop!

damned
August 20th, 2021, 14:28
Help! I am suck in a circular loop!

Rocks fall.

Pentazer
August 31st, 2021, 14:24

Hey Damned, has this been included in moreCore 1.62? I've been trying to get exalted rolls going for 3rd edition and can't seem to figure it out.

damned
August 31st, 2021, 14:28
I dont know the answer... what is the post I am referring to?

Pentazer
August 31st, 2021, 14:42
Oh sorry, post #2903 from April 30th, 2021. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset/page291&p=597431#post597431)
I tried the "count successes" roll and that's really close, so close it made me weep, but it's not complete, here's an example:
So it's counting rolls over 7 which is good, but 10s count as double successes in Exalted 3e. so this should actually have been 6 successes.

damned
September 1st, 2021, 07:20
I will double check and if not add it to the build.
I hope to move it into the Forge very soon.
Apologies.

Pentazer
September 1st, 2021, 15:51
Apologies.

Thanks!

While the count successes kinda sorta works, the post I linked to is definitely the far superior design:

"/exalted (p1)x(p2)y(p3)
where p1 is the dice pool, p2 are automatic successes and p3 is the TN for double successes. So with p3=8 every die that shows an eight or higher will count as 2 successes."

sirkerry
September 10th, 2021, 05:38
Apologies.

Looking forward to seeing MoreCore in the Forge.

JoakimEdman
September 18th, 2021, 19:50
Following Damiens instructionvideos for creating a Cyberpunk RED ruleset with the RulesetWizard. It has gone quite nice, even been modifying some parts to get closer to the rules.
Have been stuck with a problem and have been trying to understand how to use Lua to program Skill dice.

Cyberpunk RED all skill rolls are 1d10+skill+bonus/penaltys.
On a 10(first dice roll) it explodes +1d10 (but only explode once)
On a 1(first dice roll) it explodes low -1d10(but only once)

Trying to get how things work I found the following.
1d10e explodes on 10, you can se all the extra dice in green and the calculated sum is corect.
1d10l (L) explodes on 1, you can se all the extra dice in red and the calculated sum is corect.
In MoreCore you can use the “/witcher 1d10”. You only se the first die and have 3 sums making it realy wanky.

None of these 3 dice version can be stopped after exploding once.
And sadly I have not found a way to marry the explode (e) and explode low (l).

Found the Lua part for “/witcher”, but to be honest I cant figure it out, even after 1 month (Well worked hard the first 2 weeks 8h/day, but have resign a bit.)

Best version is if I could use both the 1d10e and 1d10l at the same time and some how only explode once, or perhaps some other way.
where can I find the knowledge on how to do it.
Thanks all.

sirkerry
October 12th, 2021, 17:59
Is there a dice roller option that supports Prowlers & Paragons Ultimate Edition? It's roll x number of d6, 2/s and 4's count as 1 success, 6's counts as 2 successes.

damned
October 12th, 2021, 22:56
I would take the
Powers and Perils: /pnp # (roll #d6 and count 6's, modifiers add dice)
Roll and extend it and save as /ppue
If you are able to do that and share it back Ill add it in to the ruleset.

PhilAdams
October 13th, 2021, 01:25
Is there a dice roller option that supports Prowlers & Paragons Ultimate Edition? It's roll x number of d6, 2/s and 4's count as 1 success, 6's counts as 2 successes.

As mentioned below, /pnp is the Prowlers & Paragons die mechanic. You'll need to do the Challenge Rolls manually, which is no big deal. Also, when I requested the roll mechanic, PPUE wasn't even in beta, so some elements aren't there (the exploding 6s for certain actions, for instance). This is again pretty minor. I've run a campaign using the existing mechanic (using the beta PPUE) and had no problem.

Pujaree
November 15th, 2021, 17:36
Hey there!

I've just started looking into Morecore for Exalted and was hoping someone could educate me.
I made sure to download and install the latest MoreCore ruleset.
I also found an Exalted ext for character sheets (it was listed for 1ed). I am using it as a basis to hold the stats, etc.
The dice do not roll correctly off of it - it is looking for a rpexa.lua script.

I tried the /exalted 2d10 roll I saw (by typing it into chat just like /exalted 2d10) as being listed as an acceptable string for MoreCore, and I get an error.
script execution error; [string "scripts/manager_custom_exalted.lua"]; 107: attempt to concatenate field 'sSize' (a nil value)

I am looking to get the exalted and exalteddmg dice to work. I've seen a few people mention a version that is built as (p1)x(p2)y(p3) but to make that work is very much over my head.

I do not see anywhere on the sheet where I can build and drag from the Rolls menu and I am just learning how to use that anyways - but it won't matter as long as /exalted does not work in either case.

I appreciate any help and I apologies if this is all basic stuff, I've tried to figure it out on my own but no luck.

damned
November 15th, 2021, 21:24
Hi Pujaree

learn about roll Paremeters they are pretty cool.
https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html#parameters

below I show the setup of both /exalted and /rpexa
There is a bug in rpexa and I have just uploaded a fix.

But I am uploading it to the Forge.
You may have to delete your downloaded copy.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49988

damned
November 16th, 2021, 21:26
I have moved this to the Forge and the above patch has been applied.

Plouxi
December 8th, 2021, 20:24
Hi all, help please!

I an trying to create a roll that allow me to add a number of dice from my attribute and a number of dice from my skill and compare them all to a difficulty. I tried to look for strings and to mix in /die and /successes but the latter doesn't allow for modifiers.

Ideally the difficulty level could be also modified prior to the test.

Is there a way to do what I want to obtain? Thanks a lot!

Plouxi
December 8th, 2021, 20:41
Hi all, help please!

I an trying to create a roll that allow me to add a number of dice from my attribute and a number of dice from my skill and compare them all to a difficulty. I tried to look for strings and to mix in /die and /successes but the latter doesn't allow for modifiers.

Ideally the difficulty level could be also modified prior to the test.

Is there a way to do what I want to obtain? Thanks a lot!

damned
December 8th, 2021, 22:18
i dont think this one is possible,
please post more info

lamorric
December 15th, 2021, 17:07
I apologize if this has been asked before...

TL;DR:
Is there a way to make a roll subtract from a field?

The full low-down:
I am creating a Champions Complete extension for my gaming group.

In Champions, when you use a super power that takes effort, it costs you Endurance.

To make things easier for my players, I would like the roll for the power to to also deduct some given value from the endurance field. I would like this other field to be one of the Combat box fields. So I can see the total of that field in the Combat Tracker.

If it can't be incorporated into a roll, is there a way to have it as its own roll?

Thanks in advance.

R.I.K
December 15th, 2021, 19:21
Hi all

Apologize if this is the wrong forum, for errors!

Anyone else having issues running MoreCore after the lates unity update?

Getting [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "desktop/scripts/chat_window.lua"]:11: attempt to call field 'retrieveLaunchMessages' (a nil value)

And have no sidebare menu!
Hi all Anyone else having issues running MoreCore after the lates unity update?

Getting [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "desktop/scripts/chat_window.lua"]:11: attempt to call field 'retrieveLaunchMessages' (a nil value)

damned
December 15th, 2021, 21:59
I apologize if this has been asked before...

TL;DR:
Is there a way to make a roll subtract from a field?

The full low-down:
I am creating a Champions Complete extension for my gaming group.

In Champions, when you use a super power that takes effort, it costs you Endurance.

To make things easier for my players, I would like the roll for the power to to also deduct some given value from the endurance field. I would like this other field to be one of the Combat box fields. So I can see the total of that field in the Combat Tracker.

If it can't be incorporated into a roll, is there a way to have it as its own roll?

Thanks in advance.

No to the first.
For the second you can use
/c5mod (p1)
and set p1 to -6 or whatever

damned
December 15th, 2021, 22:00
Hi all

Apologize if this is the wrong forum, for errors!

Anyone else having issues running MoreCore after the lates unity update?

Hi all Anyone else having issues running MoreCore after the lates unity update?

I have not made the changes yet for the Test Channel
They will only get updated once Test goes Live

lamorric
December 15th, 2021, 22:03
No to the first.
For the second you can use
/c5mod (p1)
and set p1 to -6 or whatever

Awesome!
Thanks a million!

damned
December 15th, 2021, 22:14
There is a c1mod thru to c5mod

damned
December 16th, 2021, 02:30
I have not made the changes yet for the Test Channel
They will only get updated once Test goes Live

Ooops. Updates have landed. I am working on MoreCore compatibility.