PDA

View Full Version : MoreCore Ruleset

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14

Yogel
August 13th, 2020, 09:48
@Astaroshe I am currently running a Mage the Ascension 5e campain in MoreCore.

This took some to-doing. Especially since it is all HomeBrew (obviously since M5 is not even a thought yet), but it is possible to build with MoreCore.

Do you have XML and LUA skills? It wasn't too hard copying the items needed from Damned's amazing creation into what you need specifically.

There is a bit it looks like you're looking for, but with a little know how and a few hours of yelling at your computer screen until the code does exactly what you want it to do. it is possible to get WoD and CoD to work well with MoreCore.

My suggestion is start small. There are a few rolls already that should be close to what you need. There are WoD and CoD roll commands. Depending on your ruleset you may need to slightly alter them with an extension. Ask and people on here (and I) can show you how.

I hope to start a video series this week that will slowly start covering development topics for simple things in MoreCore. I will be posting them on here.

Would you be willing to provide this sheet? I've been looking for something similar as well.

frostbyte000jm
August 14th, 2020, 02:54
I mentioned before that I was going to start working on a video series.

Tho I knew making videos was not easy, I didn't realize just how NOT easy it is.

My plan for this series is to build some modifications for the current games I am playing.
I hope someone can get something out of this.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdNTLeOzaWPs_S6g7JHBUxMhCdF8iXxOr

frostbyte000jm
August 14th, 2020, 02:56
Would you be willing to provide this sheet? I've been looking for something similar as well.

as long as you do not judge my coding. I know a lot more now than I did when I made this. :P

damned
August 14th, 2020, 03:34
I mentioned before that I was going to start working on a video series.

Tho I knew making videos was not easy, I didn't realize just how NOT easy it is.

My plan for this series is to build some modifications for the current games I am playing.
I hope someone can get something out of this.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdNTLeOzaWPs_S6g7JHBUxMhCdF8iXxOr

Good stuff frostbyte!

Yogel
August 14th, 2020, 06:17
as long as you do not judge my coding. I know a lot more now than I did when I made this. :P

Thank you!

Honken
August 14th, 2020, 09:06
I was fiddling around with making making rolls for a new RPG that i got, and this happened.

https://6zyfmq.am.files.1drv.com/y4m3BOGGJxyyY4ch-oyCEiXry3bc353VlonQ1RABf_4uo_XUKS0mbarkIXvqOPJ0m3t wAkSQsh2uTD7FDliwCAweBSofVvEfaZKLvjqBU42Z1XNilgJ0U zCyPoYxklV9KqHyh-vJ8D3oApnNEHpJrAJ-pwdSZaJe025Wjmu3nwO1jDANMNh9-SNpgzRwS3Obtvl_P75sfFpgTK87MpgwrcRSA?width=714&height=92&cropmode=none

When trying to roll under value x with a d100 it also rolls a d10. This is in FGU. When this happened, i opened FGC, and did the same thing. It worked fine.

I also made rollunder with a d10, and there was no problem.

/H

osarusan
August 15th, 2020, 01:44
A while back there was a screenshot and someone saying that they were working on/nearly finished with a Mythras ruleset for MoreCore. Can anyone elaborate on that? It's an extremely exciting prospect!

damned
August 15th, 2020, 02:24
I was fiddling around with making making rolls for a new RPG that i got, and this happened.

https://6zyfmq.am.files.1drv.com/y4m3BOGGJxyyY4ch-oyCEiXry3bc353VlonQ1RABf_4uo_XUKS0mbarkIXvqOPJ0m3t wAkSQsh2uTD7FDliwCAweBSofVvEfaZKLvjqBU42Z1XNilgJ0U zCyPoYxklV9KqHyh-vJ8D3oApnNEHpJrAJ-pwdSZaJe025Wjmu3nwO1jDANMNh9-SNpgzRwS3Obtvl_P75sfFpgTK87MpgwrcRSA?width=714&height=92&cropmode=none

When trying to roll under value x with a d100 it also rolls a d10. This is in FGU. When this happened, i opened FGC, and did the same thing. It worked fine.

I also made rollunder with a d10, and there was no problem.

/H

d100s roll differently in FGC and FGU and I need to update all 100+ rolls to support the new d100 rolls for FGU still...

TheYak
August 16th, 2020, 03:12
Hi all,
Hopefully a quick one, is there a dice string for multiply in morecore?
I did some searching but no luck so far, I want to do something like /afmbe 1d8 x3 or /die 1d8*3.
A basic multiplier to the dice roll

Brotherkelly
August 16th, 2020, 19:34
Hi all, is there a variable within MoreCore or CoreRPG that allows you to determine the range between attacker and target on a map, which can then be used in a script to select the correct range category for applying range modifiers within an attack roll?

Myrdin Potter
August 17th, 2020, 03:18
This is the basic combat roll for Paranoia.
)

https://twitter.com/madbeardman/status/1295147050200375297?s=21

flynnkd
August 17th, 2020, 06:07
/sfdice ((p1)+(a1))d6s5f1

This throws an error... bad argument #2 to min...

What do I need to do pls.

PhilAdams
August 17th, 2020, 06:12
If you're trying to come up with a totaling of # of dice [d6], I've never found a solution for that. It's a capability I'd love to see.

flynnkd
August 17th, 2020, 06:14
If you're trying to com up with a totaling of # of dice [d6], I've never found a solution for that. It's a capability I'd love to see.

Yes I am, have you found another way around it?

PhilAdams
August 17th, 2020, 06:28
Unfortunately, it's not graceful. I use the dice pool. OR I have people manually type the values in. It's not elegant, and this is the mechanism behind things like the MYZ engine and a lot of other systems (which add Attribute + Skill [+ Situational + Gear].

Another solution you can use is the modifier window. So, if you have Attribute dice/rating, and you have a Skill rating, you can roll for plain Attribute (unskilled) or you can roll Skill + (type in the Attribute rating in the modifier window). It's clunky, but maybe there's a limitation with Lua or something that limits the timing of dice string parsing?

When I ran Alien, I simply hard coded the final # of dice into p1. So Agility might be 4(d6), and Piloting might be 3. If so, I'd have the skill on the character sheet as Piloting 3 (the actual skill name), then the p1 box was 7 (Agility + Piloting 3), and the dice string used only p1.

flynnkd
August 17th, 2020, 06:32
I thought about using Pools, but you cant apply the /sfdice condition to pool rolls can you? THey are just plain rolls?

PhilAdams
August 17th, 2020, 06:42
Right. I think if you're using the pool, you end up having to do the dice resolution manually. For some systems (like MYZ), that's pretty easy.

damned
August 17th, 2020, 14:35
Hi all,
Hopefully a quick one, is there a dice string for multiply in morecore?
I did some searching but no luck so far, I want to do something like /afmbe 1d8 x3 or /die 1d8*3.
A basic multiplier to the dice roll

use the afmbedmg roll
AFMBE Damage Roll: /afmbedmg (p1)d6x(p2) (roll #d6 * #)

damned
August 17th, 2020, 14:36
Hi all, is there a variable within MoreCore or CoreRPG that allows you to determine the range between attacker and target on a map, which can then be used in a script to select the correct range category for applying range modifiers within an attack roll?

There is not.
2E and SR4 rulesets both include code to do this.
An upcoming Star Wars d6 Extension may do this but it is not quite yet ready.
Its not on my radar....

damned
August 17th, 2020, 14:38

The valid syntax is:

Success/Fail: /sfdice #d#s#f# (roll #dice, count #s[Success] and #f[Fail])

damned
August 17th, 2020, 14:44
I thought about using Pools, but you cant apply the /sfdice condition to pool rolls can you? THey are just plain rolls?

You can change the pool to use some rolls - eg /pooltype explode but sfdice also requires arguments that are not supported by /pooltype

frostbyte000jm
August 17th, 2020, 17:25

What system are you playing?

I had to make a dice system that did this. It was very custom to a homebrew game so I didn't think to share it with Damned. If you want to steal the code it is back on page 251 Mage5.ext. But I should have corrected SuccessFail dice to do what I revised.

So what i started doing was using the modStack. I would click attribute, and it would add that number to Mod, then click Skill it would also add, then run my dice mod which would take the mod stack as number of dice, then go from there. I plan on doing an upcoming video on how to make dice systems for MoreCore. But I just started school and work roughly 50+ hours, so expect that within a couple+ weeks. :)

TheYak
August 18th, 2020, 07:30
use the afmbedmg roll
AFMBE Damage Roll: /afmbedmg (p1)d6x(p2) (roll #d6 * #)

Thanks Damned,
Just a note as I was interested, the first (p1) is not 100% needed, you can replace this with a number, i.e 1d6x(p2)

Brotherkelly
August 18th, 2020, 07:57
There is not.
2E and SR4 rulesets both include code to do this.
An upcoming Star Wars d6 Extension may do this but it is not quite yet ready.
Its not on my radar....

Thanks Damned, I will take a look at these rulesets and see how they calculate the range. There may be something in them for me to take guidance from.

damned
August 18th, 2020, 15:28
Thanks Damned,
Just a note as I was interested, the first (p1) is not 100% needed, you can replace this with a number, i.e 1d6x(p2)

Hi The Yak
Yes you can use a number or a Parameter in all those fields.

Quorlox
August 18th, 2020, 21:56
I am working on an Earthdawn character sheet for MoreCore and setting a formula to /earthdawn (p1) works well, but setting it to /earthdawn (p1) + (p2) (or /earthdawn ((p1) + (p2))) doesn't roll anything so I am wondering what I am doing incorrectly.

I tried to include a screen shot, but the dialog box that opened wouldn't let me add an image. :(

damned
August 18th, 2020, 23:39
As described to me the roll is
Earthdawn: /earthdawn # (roll step # on the earthdawn 4th step/action dice table)
so that is how I programmed it.
It accepts only one number...

Quorlox
August 19th, 2020, 00:08
That is how it works, but similar to other systems, things are sometimes added/subtracted to get the final step. For example, abilities are typically Attribute + Ability to get the final step, and certain types of injuries decrease the step, so I was hoping to be able to use the built-in features of your character sheets to do the necessary calculations. Is that not possible?

damned
August 19th, 2020, 01:16
Sure - its possible but computers dont now how to do anything without programming them to know what to do.

6 is not the same as 3+3 unless your program knows to handle 3+3.
This roll only looks for a single number.

But it also goes deeper than that - are there situational modifiers?
Do you ever add more than 2 numbers together?
Are modifiers ever negative?

You need to spell out EXACTLY how a roll is built so I can program it.

flynnkd
August 19th, 2020, 01:44
What system are you playing?

I had to make a dice system that did this. It was very custom to a homebrew game so I didn't think to share it with Damned. If you want to steal the code it is back on page 251 Mage5.ext. But I should have corrected SuccessFail dice to do what I revised.

So what i started doing was using the modStack. I would click attribute, and it would add that number to Mod, then click Skill it would also add, then run my dice mod which would take the mod stack as number of dice, then go from there. I plan on doing an upcoming video on how to make dice systems for MoreCore. But I just started school and work roughly 50+ hours, so expect that within a couple+ weeks. :)

Shadowrun 6e. It uses a Trait+Skill level to generate a pool, then has a success target and fail target (5-6 and 1). If the pool could be modified to do this that would solve my problems, but I don't have the inclination to re-progam sorry... perhaps someone could do an extension? It's easy to manually handle, just would be nice if it could be automated. Thanks.

damned
August 19th, 2020, 01:59
As a quick and dirty try editing the current sfdice roll and hard code the s and f values in and remove the part where its looking for that in the string and then you can use the pool commands...

TheYak
August 19th, 2020, 09:45
Hi The Yak
Yes you can use a number or a Parameter in all those fields.

Cheers much appreciated, I have another question,

In All Flesh there are success levels when you get a high roll.
Is there a dice string that allows for these?

Example would be that I need to add 1 to the damage roll BEFORE multiplying.
So is there a dice string that does /afmbedmg (1d6+1)x(p2), basic is 1d6+1 first, then multiply.

flynnkd
August 19th, 2020, 11:02
I have a few problems that don't match the doco... which maybe because I am using MoreCore in Unity? (Most likely)

Attack strings in the Attack section add their dice to the Pool, rather than roll in Chat. I also can't use any targeting for those attacks (drag and drop options), and when targeting nothing is displayed in Chat.
The CT has some layout issues, as shown in the image with regard to targets.
Thanks.

Quorlox
August 19th, 2020, 12:26
You need to spell out EXACTLY how a roll is built so I can program it.

The current setting is excellent if somebody wants to use MoreCore as a dice rolling platform for Earthdawn (ED), basically a mix of pen and paper and digital tabletop. However, I was hoping to use the digital character sheets to simplify the process, so I will describe the rolls in more detail and you can let me know if the first option is where I should aim.

Figuring out a the step rolled in ED usually begins with combining an Attribute and an Ability (Talents or Skills, depending on the specifics ability). For example, if somebody wishes to attack with a sword, they would calculate their base step by adding the PC's Dexterity step with the PC's rank in Melee Weapons, so if the PC has Dexterity 7 and Melee Weapons 3 the attack would have a base step of 10. There are a number of ways this base can be modified. Magic items sometimes increase the step of an attribute or the rank/step of talent/skill, so if a PC had +1 step to Dexterity and +2 steps to Melee Weapons the modified step would be 13. For mechanical reasons, it is good to keep these bonuses separate from the base attribute and rank, so I was initially planning on using p1 for the base rank and p2 for static modifier.

In addition to the static modifiers described above, there are situational modifiers that can change the step rolled as well, e.g. an aggressive attack would provide a +3 step bonus while being harried by multiple attackers would provide a -2 step penalty. In addition to step modifiers, some things provide static modifiers to the final roll, which are handled well with the modifier that's already part of FG.

One addition that would be great to include is the karma die. For some magical abilities, e.g. talents, PCs can spend a point of karma to increase their chance of success and the point of karma adds an additional die to the roll, so if our aggressive attacking PC above adding one point of step 4 karma to the roll, it would add an additional d6 to the roll instead of modifying the step that is rolled.

The roll is made against a Difficulty and comparing the result to the difficulty determines your Level of Success. Most editions of ED compare the result to a table to determine of the result was Pathetic, Poor, Average, Good, Excellent, or Extraordinary. For example, if the difficulty was 10, 1-4 = Pathetic, 5-9 = Poor, 10-14 = Average, 15-18 = Good, 19-23 = Excellent, 24+ = Extraordinary. There isn't a simply way to summarize it so the entire table would be needed to institute it. While personally I liked the idea of the success level table, the mechanics rarely used most of the levels for much with few exceptions, e.g. armor-defeating hits were normally achieved on an Excellent success vs. the target's defense. Fourth edition decided to simplify this and made every increment of 5 above the difficulty one level of success so for difficulty 10, a 15 would be one level of success, 20 would be two levels of success, etc., with some rolls providing bonuses based on the level of success, e.g. +2 steps damage for each level of success on an attack roll. Personally, I think Fourth edition has a better system, despite my enjoyment of the previous edition's tables.

Please ask if you have any questions, would like additional examples, etc. Happy to provide more info.

damned
August 19th, 2020, 13:12
Cheers much appreciated, I have another question,

In All Flesh there are success levels when you get a high roll.
Is there a dice string that allows for these?

Example would be that I need to add 1 to the damage roll BEFORE multiplying.
So is there a dice string that does /afmbedmg (1d6+1)x(p2), basic is 1d6+1 first, then multiply.

Is this a common thing?

damned
August 19th, 2020, 13:16
I have a few problems that don't match the doco... which maybe because I am using MoreCore in Unity? (Most likely)

Attack strings in the Attack section add their dice to the Pool, rather than roll in Chat. I also can't use any targeting for those attacks (drag and drop options), and when targeting nothing is displayed in Chat.
The CT has some layout issues, as shown in the image with regard to targets.
Thanks.

What version of MoreCore are you using? In the last or second last build I turned the Dice Pool off by default. When it is on, the default is for attacks to add to the pool rather than roll. You can turn that off I think by the icon top left of the dice pool.

Attacks days are numbered... I have hesitated on this for ages because some people still use them but everything you can do in attacks you can do in Rolls. To me it makes sense to nuke Attacks...

Yeah... that bug has been there a while... :bandit:

TheYak
August 20th, 2020, 00:16
Is this a common thing?

Hey Damned,
Yes it is a common thing within All Flesh, below is the Outcome table from the AFMBE rulebook,
The initial 'bonus' comes from the first roll like in combat to hit.
If they roll well, they get the additional 'success level' to add to the damage.

frostbyte000jm
August 20th, 2020, 03:33
Damned, do you have a good, simple, dice mod that explodes?

I am trying to make a ShadowRun 6th World Dice mod

damned
August 20th, 2020, 04:34
/explode

Quorlox
August 21st, 2020, 11:50
Any questions or desired clarifications on the information I provided about Earthdawn rolls?

NickT
August 22nd, 2020, 20:53
Sorry, my bad meant Paranoia XP not original Paranoia.

IAmTheSky
August 22nd, 2020, 22:46
are you using the build I emailed you?

it does look like the Chat Message is correct but the Dice Result number is only showing the Modifier

/afmbedmg (p1)d6x(p2)

replace the script with the attached.

@Damned and Ahoggye :)
Bit of a necro - This script is awesome, but I'm struggling a bit to get it integrated into my Unisystem/AFMBE homebrew. Do you still have the original build to implement the full AFMBE damage mechanic, damned? (i.e. 1d6+#x#) I'm doing something wrong because I can't seem to get the modifier for success levels to stick. I have noticed you had a modified version with Ahoggya but I'm not sure I have all the pieces. I can get the basic AFMBE dmg multiplier to work, it is just that +1/+2 to the roll on the dice that is the struggle, and I believe you've already solved this.
I'm learning as I go, thanks for your tutorials. :D

feganegg
August 24th, 2020, 18:30
I'm currently struggling with races. I'm building a basic fantasy setup and it all works great as a campaign but as soon as I export it as a module the races stop working. I get a script error: [string "/campaign/scripts/manager_char_mc.lua"]:205:attempt to concatenate a nill value

I thought it was probably me messing up so gave up for a little while. I've just, however, started a fresh more core campaign with no editing. Created a race added one item to it and then exported that. I get the same error when i load the module. The race in the campaign works fine but the module race gives the same error.

Any help would be amazing.

Ahoggya
August 26th, 2020, 02:33
So I was going to ask Damned if something in morecore has changed. The icons on the right don't setup correctly. I sent IAmTheSky a link to the extension. The formula in the screenshot works, just the buttons are a little messed up.

feganegg
August 26th, 2020, 21:58
Is there an easy way of combining rolls that already exhist or do you have to write custom rolls to do that. I'm playing with Ben Miltons Maze rats which uses an advantage mechanic in a couple of ways. Its a d6 system for saves i'm using
/sthrow 2d6+(p1)>10 where p1 is for example a strength modifier. I know the roll
/rolld 3d6x1 drops the lowest but i'd like to combine the two if the player has advantage.
The same applies to the damage rolls. There is one roll to hit and if you exceed the AC that is the amount of damage
/damagedr 2d6+(p1)+(a) works perfect but again if they had advantage on the attack i would like to roll3d6 and drop the lowest.

TheYak
August 30th, 2020, 00:57
Hey Damned,
Yes it is a common thing within All Flesh, below is the Outcome table from the AFMBE rulebook,
The initial 'bonus' comes from the first roll like in combat to hit.
If they roll well, they get the additional 'success level' to add to the damage.

Hi Damned,
I have been playing around with the afmbedmg lua trying to get the (1d6+1)x(p2) to work,
Pretty new to this, hoping you may be able to help?

IAmTheSky
August 30th, 2020, 02:37
Hi Damned,
I have been playing around with the afmbedmg lua trying to get the (1d6+1)x(p2) to work,

Just to avoid double handling, TheYak and I are in the same campaign, although he's much better with the scripting :) I yield my time to him.

frostbyte000jm
August 30th, 2020, 08:28
Hi Damned,

What problem are you running into?

frostbyte000jm
August 30th, 2020, 08:31
Is there an easy way of combining rolls that already exhist or do you have to write custom rolls to do that. I'm playing with Ben Miltons Maze rats which uses an advantage mechanic in a couple of ways. Its a d6 system for saves i'm usingwhere p1 is for example a strength modifier. I know the roll drops the lowest but i'd like to combine the two if the player has advantage.
The same applies to the damage rolls. There is one roll to hit and if you exceed the AC that is the amount of damage works perfect but again if they had advantage on the attack i would like to roll3d6 and drop the lowest.

Yes, this would require a custom dice mod.

damned
August 30th, 2020, 14:15
Ill post some updates in the next few days.
Just too much going on... will get there...

Surzie
September 1st, 2020, 00:42
Does this MoreCore allow for spells damage to be rerolled? This is in regards to 5e, flames of phlegethos and also Elemental adept. I found an extension that works with Elemental Adept, but I have been trying to code (to no avail, im a noob at coding) an extension that will reroll 1's for any fire damage dealt, once. Any suggestions or know of any extensions that do this?

P.s. Great work btw, MoreCore is awesome.

TheYak
September 5th, 2020, 02:51
What problem are you running into?

Basically most of it...lol,
Basically I have tried to mod the existing /afmbedmg roll but don't really fully understand what to change.
Tried changing sparams and dicestringparams (i think it is) but something down the chain throws an error, and not even sure if I am doing the right thing to modify.

Felcelot
September 5th, 2020, 12:25
Hello!

I'm using FGU, latest MoreCore (from 23rd July, from base.xml: release is 1.58, version is 3) with Shadow Of The Demon Lord extension (tried both v.0.9.6 and Eldarc's versions).
I'm getting "Unable to locate ruleset file. [MoreCore] [common\template_lists.xml]".
Which is strange, because MoreCore.pak has common\template.lists.xml file.

Any advice how to tackle this issue?

----------------
Also, I'm not able to export module: can't validate file name.
"Script execution error: [string "file"]:11: attempt to call field 'isFileNameValid' (a nil value)"

I don't know whether it's FGU, MoreCore or SotDL.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Mach5RR
September 9th, 2020, 03:13
The fault lies in the base.xml file of MoreCore. Someone used a backslash instead of a forward slash. Don't know why it took so long to error out.
Line 114 reads <includefile source="common\template_lists.xml" />
It should read:
<includefile source="common/template_lists.xml" />

Mach5RR
September 9th, 2020, 03:36
Hello!

I'm using FGU, latest MoreCore (from 23rd July, from base.xml: release is 1.58, version is 3) with Shadow Of The Demon Lord extension (tried both v.0.9.6 and Eldarc's versions).

----------------
Also, I'm not able to export module: can't validate file name.
"Script execution error: [string "file"]:11: attempt to call field 'isFileNameValid' (a nil value)"

I don't know whether it's FGU, MoreCore or SotDL.

Any help would be appreciated :)

This one strictly lies with the SotDL extension. Specifically, the newer one that shows up as "New Shadow Of the Demon Lord". That one threw up some errors from the "record_char_more_SotDL.xml" file, which are correctable, but I'm unsure of how to address the nil Value issue.

The original SotDL works/exports just fine.

fabiocm
September 9th, 2020, 03:40
Is possible to add modifiers or formulas to the column rolled in a table? For example: /rollon TABLE <-c (p1)+(p2)

Can't we use the modifier as a parameter?

VampireLogan
September 10th, 2020, 00:50
If this is already addressed somewhere, I haven't been able to find it. I have been trying to find the steps to make my own ruleset based on MoreCore as a starting point and I haven't been able to find a step by step. I am a programmer and I am quite familiar with xml and somewhat familiar with Lua. I have set up a new campaign using MoreCore as the ruleset and I want to make my ruleset from there as a starting point for multiple campaigns (just like MoreCore currently is, so I can select it from the Create Campaign ruleset list).

I am creating a simple game system for my kids who are almost 5 now. It is similar to Princesses and Palaces, a homebrew from this creator (https://www.reddit.com/r/rpg/comments/24sd7z/my_daughters_favorite_game_mechanic_in_our/), but with a bit more D&D elements.

I tried to make the super simple character sheet with the 3 main stats and a place to indicate their level and a chart to determine what base dice that gives you, but I can only export and import it. I want to make that the default character sheet in my campaign so that when I create the a character in my campaign, I automatically get those stats already there.

Next, I will need to know how to hook up the rolls in the character sheet and Combat Tracker. Then, how to export the whole thing as a ruleset but I think I can figure that out from the developer pages unless someone here has short answers on those too.

Mach5RR
September 11th, 2020, 03:08
If this is already addressed somewhere, I haven't been able to find it. I have been trying to find the steps to make my own ruleset based on MoreCore as a starting point and I haven't been able to find a step by step. I am a programmer and I am quite familiar with xml and somewhat familiar with Lua. I have set up a new campaign using MoreCore as the ruleset and I want to make my ruleset from there as a starting point for multiple campaigns (just like MoreCore currently is, so I can select it from the Create Campaign ruleset list).

Unless I'm mistaken, it just sounds like you are wanting to create an extension (.ext file) to run on top of MoreCore. SotDL and Cyberpunk 2020 are extensions that someone created to modify the default character sheet. For my editing, I usually rip those apart (almost everything in FG is a Zip file renamed to another extension - ext, pak, mod, ppk) those files to see how others wrote it.

However, Damned did a series of Youtube videos about writing extensions for MoreCore.
The first one addresses creating a theme, but it starts the groundwork for creating an extension. Part 2 gets into designing a custom character sheet (which is what it sounds like you are interested in).

https://youtu.be/54PSYMXmyvs

Valyar
September 11th, 2020, 09:47
I would like to ask for enhancement of the parametrized rolls, so MC can address much better the modern systems that build dice pools. Reason I ask is because I want to use the custom rolls and their reporting (such as /coriolis or /wrath) and retain the flexibility of parameters. What do I mean?

Premise: Modern systems (or at least those I play :) ) use dice pool that is built on Attribute + Skill + Modifier. Which is perfect and if you know the pool you can use the custom rolls in the sheet. What my groups actually prefer is to use parameter to set attribute/skill/modifier which in some systems are updated often and updating the strings for each skill impacted is tedious.

Below is how the sheet is organized. In the skill frames the second parameter box is MODIFIER/GEAR, which players are using intensively instead of the modifier box (much faster for them and can set constant value for duration of scene, rather than adjust every roll).
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39265&stc=1&d=1599813551

Today I am using /pool or /die and can't take advantage of the custom rolls and their reporting:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39263&stc=1&d=1599812835

Ideally, some small math operation should sum the dice from linked values and parameters, as in this screenshot:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39264&stc=1&d=1599812847

So the ask is if it is possible to implement the math operation to calculate the dice amount for the custom rolls?

flynnkd
September 11th, 2020, 14:14
Support that wish for math functions.

frostbyte000jm
September 12th, 2020, 21:26
Sorry I have been away. @TheYak I just did a video series on dice. I have a dice extension template. This may help you understand how to do some of the changes you're working on.

Video Series: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLdNTLeOzaWPs_S6g7JHBUxMhCdF8iXxOr
You want video 5.01 and 5.02

@Valyar [seriously, is there a way to tag people?] what I would do is look up param formula, and see where it manipulates that into the dice string. Then what I would do is change the code to look at the info a character at a time and build, what is essentially, the data structure of a calculator. Then the values that finally end in dice string meet the requirements of what is expected in output.

BUT, what I think you would want more is to be able to click Strength, click Melee, then click roll and get your output. In that video series I was talking about above, I just created a Shadow Run 6W dice for MoreCore for this. I do this in real time so if your game is different, you can utilize that code.

@flynnkd. I built SR6W for you. Attached is the ext and the lua file for @damned. Please test this out and see if it works for you. If not, change it.

Wait!... ... How do we attach files now? I don't like change!
oh well, here is my git. it is in video 5
https://github.com/frostbyte000jm/FGCode

I leave them as a folder in my git, because they are for training videos, you can leave it as a folder or turn it into an ext. Hope these help.

Edit: Apparently I didn't have the full site turned on. Weird. Everything looks normal again.
The two files are now attached. the zip contains the lua file for @damned

Edit Edit: Updated files because of FGU bug. All good now... I hope.

Edit Edit Edit: Wasn't all good. Updating so dice can be rolled from hotbar.

TheYak
September 13th, 2020, 00:13
Thanks frostbyte!, Ill take a look, let see if I can wrap my head around it!

flynnkd
September 13th, 2020, 07:14
Awesome, thank you so much...

Valyar
September 13th, 2020, 07:16
@Valyar [seriously, is there a way to tag people?] what I would do is look up param formula, and see where it manipulates that into the dice string. Then what I would do is change the code to look at the info a character at a time and build, what is essentially, the data structure of a calculator. Then the values that finally end in dice string meet the requirements of what is expected in output.

BUT, what I think you would want more is to be able to click Strength, click Melee, then click roll and get your output. In that video series I was talking about above, I just created a Shadow Run 6W dice for MoreCore for this. I do this in real time so if your game is different, you can utilize that code.

No, I don't want to have so many clicks for game system that has per-determined way to build a dice pool. One skill is always linked to particular attribute and every item gives bonus dice to a per-determined skill. If I wanted this, I could use /mod die that adds to modifier box extra dice and roll only the relevant attribute, but everyone on the table want more convenience and less clicking. ;)

frostbyte000jm
September 13th, 2020, 07:29
No, I don't want to have so many clicks for game system that has per-determined way to build a dice pool. One skill is always linked to particular attribute and every item gives bonus dice to a per-determined skill. If I wanted this, I could use /mod die that adds to modifier box extra dice and roll only the relevant attribute, but everyone on the table want more convenience and less clicking. ;)

Fair enuff, then my original suggestion. One can write an extension to override that code. The data structure of a calculator is fairly easy (or at least copy paste-able).

The first part would be to bring in the values and remove the p1/2/3. Then one can use my splitMod() code to parse the data, I think the parameter (%w) will do each character and remove white space. Then recursion to stack and pop, so it will have order of operations.

Going this route will allow the math to work for any function.

frostbyte000jm
September 13th, 2020, 07:31
Just out of morbid curiosity, what cha playing?

Valyar
September 13th, 2020, 07:36
Just out of morbid curiosity, what cha playing?
Fria Ligan games + Wrath & Glory. The principle of building a pool of D6 is the same.

flynnkd
September 13th, 2020, 12:19
I am using Unity, in your videos you are using classic.. that may be all my problems, however...

Tried out the new sr6w ext and having problems. The /sr6w help command doesn't work for me, and once you get an error the ext seems to lock up. I did have 'pool' active and that seems to interfere, got rid of it, but still not seeing any dice rolls. I am pretty sure I have it set up like you have in your video.

frostbyte000jm
September 13th, 2020, 12:32
It is a lot easier to code in classic as /reload isn’t (or wasn’t) working in FGU.

I will try it in FGU when I actually wake up. Forgot to take my own advice and throw it over there after getting it working in FGC.

frostbyte000jm
September 13th, 2020, 19:11
neat. Apparently rRoll.aDice stores a little something extra in FGU than in FGC. It handles it better. Also the "/sr6w help" doesn't bug out the code forever now. :) I have also updated my templates to make sure this doesn't happen again in the future.

Thank you, tho. I didn't know /reload was working again in FGU. I gave up developing in FGU because of that.

Side Rant: In FGC there was a request that the character sheet could detach. It isn't possible with how it is built, but people really wanted it to detach like the console window. FGU comes around and they were like "So you like windows detaching, we will not allow that with the console window." :( I also wish they would allow copy from console in FGU as well. The whole opening up a folder is annoying. But I can learn to live with it.

All this said. I am updating the file in my comment above. My git has been revised as well.

flynnkd
September 14th, 2020, 02:44
That seems to be working well now. Exploding works, exploding on exploding works. The Glitch Alert effect seems to be locked on once it posts, I couldn't manually remove it? ... err actually you can't ever remove it?
Is there a way on putting the roll (/sr6w) on a hotbar slot, I couldnt drag it down? Would be handy to have to quickly set to a function key.

frostbyte000jm
September 14th, 2020, 02:54
You couldn’t remove the “glitch alert!”? I didn’t have that problem, and I was sure to test that this morning in FGU.

You just click the effect, the minus, then double click the minus on the alert.

And yes you can add it, you need the parameters tho. So you want to type “/sr6w 0h0” and drag

flynnkd
September 14th, 2020, 04:12
Get errors from putting it on hotbar as shown attached...

frostbyte000jm
September 14th, 2020, 04:53
Get errors from putting it on hotbar as shown attached...

Oh, that makes sense. Crud. Yeah. I can fix that. The problem is it will not know if you have explode:6 or glitch:2 on. Because it is ran from the character sheet, it can grab from the combat tracker.

I really appreciate the test, this is helping me see what I don't think about and I don't have any friends willing to QA for me. :)

I will need a day to fix. I need to catch up on my classes. But you should be able to run it from a character sheet just fine. Let me know if you have more bugs.

flynnkd
September 14th, 2020, 05:59
Example of what should have been a Glitch but wasn't? Most times it is throwing a glitch warning for a critical glitch, not sure if you were warning for normal glitches?

And simply an impressive roll...

flynnkd
September 14th, 2020, 06:07
General MoreCore error I keep seeing, but doesnt really have any effect?
ignore, wrong image...

flynnkd
September 14th, 2020, 06:09

frostbyte000jm
September 14th, 2020, 13:10
I don’t think that is supposed to be a glitch. According to page 44 it reads “ If more than half of the dice that you roll on a test are 1s, you have rolled a glitch. If you rolled a glitch without a single hit on the test, you have rolled a critical glitch.”

It should flag both Crit Glitch and just Glitch.

They are tough to roll as I show in my video

donbwhite
September 14th, 2020, 23:57
Hey damned,

I created a new dice roller that could either be implemented separately or as an update to the stunt dice roller. It allows the user to add multiple values to a stunt roll as opposed to the current roller where you can only add a single value for a bonus. Not sure where to send it thought.

Mach5RR
September 15th, 2020, 00:50

Well, THAT's hurtful. I answered that in post #2554.

The fault lies in the base.xml file of MoreCore. Someone used a backslash instead of a forward slash. Don't know why it took so long to error out.
Line 114 reads <includefile source="common\template_lists.xml" />
It should read:
<includefile source="common/template_lists.xml" />

flynnkd
September 15th, 2020, 01:07
Overlay issue in CT, using Unity.

frostbyte000jm
September 15th, 2020, 02:01
Overlay issue in CT, using Unity.

It is also in FGC.

flynnkd
September 17th, 2020, 00:17
The doco seems to be out of date a bit... On an NPC sheet/CT - Column 3 is Wounds and this is where a /damageroll appears (incrementing), but each time I use this roll column 4 increments one also. I can't see why it is doing that?

Correction, section at the end covers it...sort of... why does the 4th field increment with each damage event ?

frostbyte000jm
September 17th, 2020, 01:32
@flynnkd ok, take another look (I think it i page 257) I reloaded the dice. it should roll from the hotbar now. BUT it can't explode or use any of the effects. It must be rolled from a character sheet to do that. Let me know if you see any additional issues.

flynnkd
September 17th, 2020, 02:02
Tried /sr6w and /sr6w 0h0 and /sr6w 2h0 and nothing worked, but clicking it from the character sheet works. Can the glitch effect have a timer of 1 by default, seems to be 0.

frostbyte000jm
September 17th, 2020, 03:42
I sent you a PM. I figured it may be better we take this offline until we get it sorted.

Mach5RR
September 17th, 2020, 08:37
It is also in FGC.

Wow, I had to go all the way back to Core to figure out how parts of the CT were created, but I have fixed the overlay issue. I had to modify three files in the CT directroy. ct_host.xml, template_ct.xml, and scripts/ct_entry.lua
I'm attaching the three files, so that you can drop them into your MoreCore ruleset to repair. Otherwise, I need to reach out to Damned with these fixes.
Here is the patch CT Repair (https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk0x0x0hms7irpz/Morecore_ct_repair.zip?dl=0)
Until the main file is patched, I've also created an updated Morecore pak file. MoreCore.pak (https://www.dropbox.com/s/g8ukkgivtv84gkg/MoreCore.pak?dl=0)

frostbyte000jm
September 17th, 2020, 15:31
I would like to ask for enhancement of the parametrized rolls, so MC can address much better the modern systems that build dice pools. Reason I ask is because I want to use the custom rolls and their reporting (such as /coriolis or /wrath) and retain the flexibility of parameters. What do I mean?

So the ask is if it is possible to implement the math operation to calculate the dice amount for the custom rolls?

Will something like this work for you?

If MoreCore discovers brackets "[ ]" it will attempt to do the math in the brackets. It only supports addition and subtraction right now. It shouldn't be too hard to add multiplication and division in there... technically if someone is good with data structures they could make it do all the operations of a calculator in there including PEMA.

Test it out, if you like it, tell Damned to add this file to MoreCore.

here is the file (in zip) that needs to be replaced in MoreCore it is located in /scripts. Also here is the whole MoreCore file.

Valyar
September 17th, 2020, 15:44
The thing in the screenshot is exactly what I had in mind. This will allow to use custom rolls without issue. I will test this first thing tomorrow morning and report back!

Thanks for the effort :)

frostbyte000jm
September 17th, 2020, 15:47
The thing in the screenshot is exactly what I had in mind. This will allow to use custom rolls without issue. I will test this first thing tomorrow morning and report back!

Thanks for the effort :)

You're certainly welcome. I commented my changes to the file so Damned should be able to review it fairly quickly and apply it to MoreCore. My couple test seemed to work, but I was running short on time this morning before work.

donbwhite
September 18th, 2020, 03:09
Haha. That's pretty similar to the modification I posted about earlier with the stunt die frosty /AGEstunt {(p1),(p2),(a1)}

frostbyte000jm
September 18th, 2020, 04:34
Oh! Is that what that does?

Cool great minds. Also, if you want to post it here for others to try we can. Damned usually wants them posted to this forum as well.

donbwhite
September 18th, 2020, 05:07
Ok. Here's my pak file. Uses the same base as the /stunt roller.

You roll /AGEstunt and can add in multiple variables like {1,5,-3} and it'll sum it up. But it also works like the basic stunt roller for /AGEstunt 2 so it could also be done as an update to the base stunt roller.

Valyar
September 18th, 2020, 12:15

If MoreCore discovers brackets "[ ]" it will attempt to do the math in the brackets. It only supports addition and subtraction right now. It shouldn't be too hard to add multiplication and division in there... technically if someone is good with data structures they could make it do all the operations of a calculator in there including PEMA.

here is the file (in zip) that needs to be replaced in MoreCore it is located in /scripts. Also here is the whole MoreCore file.

YES IT WORKS! Exactly what I needed! Thanks A LOT. This should be part of the core :)

Jedrious
September 21st, 2020, 06:27
for some reason, /rollunder is throwing an additional d10 when /rollunder 1d100x[anything] is entered, whether from rolls or chatbox.

donbwhite
September 25th, 2020, 23:04
It appears there's something in MoreCore that conflicts with the AudioOverseer Syrinscape extension. It's preventing the ability to set Audio Trigger "Matches"

damned
September 26th, 2020, 13:33

I am creating a simple game system for my kids who are almost 5 now. It is similar to Princesses and Palaces, a homebrew from this creator (https://www.reddit.com/r/rpg/comments/24sd7z/my_daughters_favorite_game_mechanic_in_our/), but with a bit more D&D elements.

I tried to make the super simple character sheet with the 3 main stats and a place to indicate their level and a chart to determine what base dice that gives you, but I can only export and import it. I want to make that the default character sheet in my campaign so that when I create the a character in my campaign, I automatically get those stats already there.

Next, I will need to know how to hook up the rolls in the character sheet and Combat Tracker. Then, how to export the whole thing as a ruleset but I think I can figure that out from the developer pages unless someone here has short answers on those too.

Have a look at the Trail of Cthulhu extension for MoreCore for an example of how to auto add specific rolls etc as default when creating a new character.

damned
September 26th, 2020, 13:46

Its totally something that I would love to do but so far any simple solution has eluded me.
The current rolls all expect data in a specific format only as you know.
Either I work out a way to incorporate some math functions and rewrite every roll or i create a panel that accepts roll parameters and math and you can drag and drop etc.
Or some other way.
But so far I havent got one working.

damned
September 26th, 2020, 13:55
Wow, I had to go all the way back to Core to figure out how parts of the CT were created, but I have fixed the overlay issue. I had to modify three files in the CT directroy. ct_host.xml, template_ct.xml, and scripts/ct_entry.lua
I'm attaching the three files, so that you can drop them into your MoreCore ruleset to repair. Otherwise, I need to reach out to Damned with these fixes.
Here is the patch CT Repair (https://www.dropbox.com/s/vk0x0x0hms7irpz/Morecore_ct_repair.zip?dl=0)
Until the main file is patched, I've also created an updated Morecore pak file. MoreCore.pak (https://www.dropbox.com/s/g8ukkgivtv84gkg/MoreCore.pak?dl=0)

Many thanks Mach5RR - this has been a long time bug.

damned
September 26th, 2020, 13:57

Tell me more please Jim.

damned
September 26th, 2020, 13:58
Ok. Here's my pak file. Uses the same base as the /stunt roller.

You roll /AGEstunt and can add in multiple variables like {1,5,-3} and it'll sum it up. But it also works like the basic stunt roller for /AGEstunt 2 so it could also be done as an update to the base stunt roller.

Thanks donbwhite

frostbyte000jm
September 26th, 2020, 14:13
Tell me more please Jim.

So after testing, this works well. It wouldn’t be to hard to adapt the rest of basic mathematics, but right now it will add and subtract anything in the brackets.

The only issue we found was if you’re using the reference fields example: (a1) if the reference changes it doesn’t know to refresh. I am not sure how to get around that, yet. But using the local parameters example (p1) it works super well.

damned
September 26th, 2020, 16:10
for some reason, /rollunder is throwing an additional d10 when /rollunder 1d100x[anything] is entered, whether from rolls or chatbox.

This happens in Unity because the d100 changed in Unity.
This weeks build will fix d100 rolls.

damned
September 26th, 2020, 16:11
So after testing, this works well. It wouldn’t be to hard to adapt the rest of basic mathematics, but right now it will add and subtract anything in the brackets.

The only issue we found was if you’re using the reference fields example: (a1) if the reference changes it doesn’t know to refresh. I am not sure how to get around that, yet. But using the local parameters example (p1) it works super well.

We probably need to work out how to do a DB.addhandler to address this...

frostbyte000jm
September 26th, 2020, 16:57
We probably need to work out how to do a DB.addhandler to address this...

I figured some kind of refresh, but I am in the middle of midterms and didn’t want to give it more thought.

Anyway, it works fairly well, feel free to play around and improve it

donbwhite
September 26th, 2020, 18:36
I figured some kind of refresh, but I am in the middle of midterms and didn’t want to give it more thought.

Anyway, it works fairly well, feel free to play around and improve it

frostybyte000jm & damned. What do you mean by needing to refresh? So like if you change (a1) from 2 to 3 it's not refreshing the roll so that it's Roll + 2 still instead of Roll + 3? If that's the case maybe review the updated stunt roll as that will make that update. If I'm misunderstanding the issue though feel free to ignore haha.

Valyar
September 26th, 2020, 18:41
The resizeFrames(sourceWindow) function is not working in Unity. :(

frostbyte000jm
September 26th, 2020, 19:31
frostybyte000jm & damned. What do you mean by needing to refresh? So like if you change (a1) from 2 to 3 it's not refreshing the roll so that it's Roll + 2 still instead of Roll + 3? If that's the case maybe review the updated stunt roll as that will make that update. If I'm misunderstanding the issue though feel free to ignore haha.

For just about everything else it works just fine (I suspect, I haven't found any issues).

What we are saying for the mathematic enhancement I built, where anything in the [ ] will calc first before sending to the roller. example [(p1)+(p2)-(a3)]d20 will calc xd20; where x is the summation of the fields in the brackets. Any of the reference fields don't auto adjust.

This should be easily fixable, I just don't have time to take care of this over the next month, and I don't want to rush a solution that could potentially break what is currently working.

Seeing you and I were kind of working on very similar concepts (where mine was for any roll and I think yours was for a specific roll) you may have the solution. IDK, I wish I had more time.

frostbyte000jm
September 26th, 2020, 19:32
The resizeFrames(sourceWindow) function is not working in Unity. :(

Is this a known bug, or is this a FAD (functions as designed). I know they were changing how somethings worked and I feel the resizeFrames() may be one of them. I don't think this is MoreCore specific.

Valyar
September 26th, 2020, 19:50
I hope it is not FAD. For me this was very useful way to implement fluent resizing character sheets.

frostbyte000jm
September 26th, 2020, 20:10
I hope it is not FAD. For me this was very useful way to implement fluent resizing character sheets.

When I say FAD, I mean there is an alternative way to do it, not that functionality is completely gone.

frostbyte000jm
September 29th, 2020, 03:44
Final update to Shadow Run 6W dice. Bug fixed that isn't showing the correct total on other than the one that rolls it.

Thank you @flynnkd for all the testing.

The ext will add the die roll to MoreCore. The zip has the LUA file for @Damned if he would like to add this to MoreCore.

Quorlox
October 3rd, 2020, 12:27
For just about everything else it works just fine (I suspect, I haven't found any issues).

What we are saying for the mathematic enhancement I built, where anything in the [ ] will calc first before sending to the roller. example [(p1)+(p2)-(a3)]d20 will calc xd20; where x is the summation of the fields in the brackets. Any of the reference fields don't auto adjust.

This should be easily fixable, I just don't have time to take care of this over the next month, and I don't want to rush a solution that could potentially break what is currently working.

Seeing you and I were kind of working on very similar concepts (where mine was for any roll and I think yours was for a specific roll) you may have the solution. IDK, I wish I had more time.

This looks promising for my requests related to Earthdawn. :D

trobadork
October 11th, 2020, 10:00
This looks promising for my requests related to Earthdawn. :D

Hi Quorlox, sorry I didn't see your question before... I'm the one who submit the dice roll to damned.

I am working on an Earthdawn character sheet for MoreCore and setting a formula to /earthdawn (p1) works well, but setting it to /earthdawn (p1) + (p2) (or /earthdawn ((p1) + (p2))) doesn't roll anything so I am wondering what I am doing incorrectly.

Spaces ^^
I wrote the formula to take the addition into account, but in this form : /earthdawn (p1)+(p2). And you can use reference to other params. And modifier too (I use a +4 modifier to simulate a karma dice).

IAmTheSky
October 15th, 2020, 18:23
I posted elsewhere on my issue: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?62728-Issues-with-Unity-rolls-from-MoreCore-character-sheet&p=549254&viewfull=1#post549254

Is it possible to use new Unity dice mechanics under MoreCore? I wanted to be able to add and multiply on a /die roll. I can do that by chat but I can't embed the roll in the MoreCore character sheet without the roll not working.

What are the plans for expanded Unity dice roll support in MoreCore?

Thanks for MoreCore btw, it is awesome.

Thanks.

damned
October 18th, 2020, 09:43
Ok been a bit AWOL.
Prolly will be for a bit yet but will push an update that supports the new Unity dice rolling capabilities.
At this stage they will be untargeted - I imagine that targeted rolls will require custom rolls etc still as per Classic but hopefully the coding of these dice mechanics will be somewhat simplified...

IAmTheSky
October 18th, 2020, 10:35
Ok been a bit AWOL.
Prolly will be for a bit yet but will push an update that supports the new Unity dice rolling capabilities.
At this stage they will be untargeted - I imagine that targeted rolls will require custom rolls etc still as per Classic but hopefully the coding of these dice mechanics will be somewhat simplified...

That's fantastic news damned, cheers!

Quorlox
October 18th, 2020, 12:40
Ok been a bit AWOL.

Thanks! Let us know when you've done it so we can update accordingly. :D

damned
October 19th, 2020, 14:01
New build uploaded in first post.
Mostly support for Unity Dice Roller using /die
Incorporates updates by FrostbyteJim and Mach77R
Apologies if Ive missed something/someone...

IAmTheSky
October 19th, 2020, 20:26
Thanks @damned for the quick response. I just tested now - so far so good! :)

Quorlox
October 19th, 2020, 20:28
New build uploaded in first post.
Mostly support for Unity Dice Roller using /die
Incorporates updates by FrostbyteJim and Mach77R
Apologies if Ive missed something/someone...

Thanks! So for arithmetic we need to use square brackets, correct? For example /earthdawn [p1 + p2]?

damned
October 19th, 2020, 22:40
Lose the spaces I think -
/earthdawn [p1+p2]

Quorlox
October 20th, 2020, 00:52
Lose the spaces I think -
/earthdawn [p1+p2]

I got the following to work in the character sheet at least sometimes: /earthdawn [(p1)+(p2)]

damned
October 20th, 2020, 02:28
Brain fart.

You are correct. You definitely need the round brackets.

Quorlox
October 20th, 2020, 18:59
This looks great; thanks!

There are Character, Rolls, Classes, etc. buttons on the right side of the window, and I can add a roll to the Rolls list, but how do I then make it roll the dice? (I'm used to there being a button that initiates the roll, but that appears to be absent from the list.)

EDIT: Initially thought the Rolls button was intended to open a list of rolls that we could make, but it doesn't look like.

Quorlox
October 20th, 2020, 22:10
Can Quick Rolls use the Rolls Library, e.g. Attack /earthdawn 12 instead of Attack 2d10e?

damned
October 22nd, 2020, 01:07
This looks great; thanks!

There are Character, Rolls, Classes, etc. buttons on the right side of the window, and I can add a roll to the Rolls list, but how do I then make it roll the dice? (I'm used to there being a button that initiates the roll, but that appears to be absent from the list.)

EDIT: Initially thought the Rolls button was intended to open a list of rolls that we could make, but it doesn't look like.

So...

MoreCore has evolved many times.
Rolls was absolutely a huge feature in MoreCore
The Rolls Library was then added which also allowed exporting Roll Modules etc
Then came Roll Parameters and these really took Rolls to another level but the parameter links (a), (a1), (a2) etc are relative paths and they dont play well moving them from character to character or from Library to Character
These days I would build one or more base PCs with the standard rolls and roll parameters setup and duplicate those (drag and drop the character itself to duplicate it) for new characters. In other words Roll Parameters have reduced the value/utility of the Roll Library

Dice Rolls cannot be made from an opened Roll or from the hot bar - only from a Roll in the Character sheet.

damned
October 22nd, 2020, 01:08
Can Quick Rolls use the Rolls Library, e.g. Attack /earthdawn 12 instead of Attack 2d10e?

I dont know what this means? Is this for the Attacks section?
I am very much considering removing Attacks... Rolls offers all the same utility but with many more options.

Quorlox
October 22nd, 2020, 05:43
I dont know what this means? Is this for the Attacks section?
I am very much considering removing Attacks... Rolls offers all the same utility but with many more options.

Yes. I was referring to the Attacks section.

Quorlox
October 22nd, 2020, 07:18
Maybe it would make more sense to for me to state what I'm trying to add to see what everyone thinks is the best way to accomplish it.

I would like to have a list of all of the Earthdawn steps so that they can be clicked on and rolled when needed. The sheet will work for many regular rolls, but sometimes one needs to roll Step 35 for something and having a clickable list would be helpful.

And while we are on the topic of Earthdawn, the current list only goes to Step 66; I am happy to extend that list to Step 100 and attach it here so you can add it to MoreCore whenever it's convenient, if that'd work for you. One rarely needs to go past Step 50, but I'd like to extend it to 100 for the sake of completeness. :D

trobadork
October 22nd, 2020, 16:22
Hi,
I extend the step from 66 to 100 in the file attached.

@Quorlox I've made a short video on how you can use MoreCore to create Talents and Skills and bind the parameters :

https://youtu.be/8pI0XEHGcLE

damned
October 22nd, 2020, 23:03
Thank you trobadork
Im not at all familiar with Earthdawn so was out of my league :)

Quorlox
October 27th, 2020, 04:31
Can different rolls be summed automatically, e.g. I want to add result of Step X to the result of Step Y?

damned
October 27th, 2020, 06:01
Im not 100% sure what you are trying to do but the short answer is without a custom roll most likely not.

Quorlox
October 27th, 2020, 08:54
Im not 100% sure what you are trying to do but the short answer is without a custom roll most likely not.

In Earthdawn, you can add a bonus die to some rolls based on the character's capabilities (referred to as a karma die), so for example, a typical Melee Weapons test might be Step 12, but on some attacks, a Warrior might want to add a Step 5 karma die so it would be Step 12 + Step 5.

Sir Onyx
October 29th, 2020, 01:42
I'm having a strange problem. I made a custom library of rolls, they work perfectly fine dragging them in, but after awhile the star on them vanishes. When this happens, you can no longer open them up to read the description, alter parameters/dicestring, etc. Obviously this is not good. This only happens when you drag the rolls out of the library, ones created by hand work just fine. Does anyone have any solutions?

Sir Onyx
October 29th, 2020, 01:48
@Quorlox I don't know how well this would work because I have never read Earthdawn but the bane/boon rolls from shadow of the demon lord roll a die and add/subtract the result to the modifier box for your next roll

damned
October 29th, 2020, 02:47
I'm having a strange problem. I made a custom library of rolls, they work perfectly fine dragging them in, but after awhile the star on them vanishes. When this happens, you can no longer open them up to read the description, alter parameters/dicestring, etc. Obviously this is not good. This only happens when you drag the rolls out of the library, ones created by hand work just fine. Does anyone have any solutions?

I havent seen this before. Can you export a character with this issue and post it here?

damned
October 29th, 2020, 02:53
@Quorlox I don't know how well this would work because I have never read Earthdawn but the bane/boon rolls from shadow of the demon lord roll a die and add/subtract the result to the modifier box for your next roll

That could a workable solution - it will do 2 seperate rolls - you do the /boon (p1)d(p2) roll first and it adds to the modifier box and then you do the /earthdawn roll

Sir Onyx
October 29th, 2020, 09:27
@damned, heres one of the more recent characters suffering from it, namely in the section thats been labelled "Skills"

damned
October 29th, 2020, 11:28
For some reason those records have this:

<shortcut type="windowreference">
<class></class>
<recordname></recordname>
</shortcut>

instead of

<shortcut type="windowreference">
<class>cas</class>
<recordname></recordname>
</shortcut>

Try fixing in the db.xml (back it up first) and test.

Sir Onyx
October 29th, 2020, 13:31
Hmmm, if this problem is happening at the campaign level, is there any chance that this issue could be caused because the campaign was originally started in a much older version of MoreCore and continued use after the file was updated to the newest one?

damned
October 29th, 2020, 13:43
No idea. Never seen it before... that could be the issue...

Sir Onyx
October 31st, 2020, 15:11
No, that is definitely not it. I made a new campaign just yesterday and it's still giving me this bug

damned
November 1st, 2020, 00:39
You are the only person to ever report this bug. I cant recreate it. If you provide steps to recreate I might be able to fix.

I have also mentioned in here that the Rolls Library is less useful when used in conjunction with Roll Parameters as the Parameters are relative and thus really need to be setup on the individual PC.

Eldarc
November 8th, 2020, 17:10
Hey! I've seen that MoreCore and Shadow of the Demon Lord rulesets work pretty well in FGU. Have you been working on it? The only issue I'm having is that I can't drag and drop rolls from the Rolls window to PCs and NPCs roll fields.

wndrngdru
November 8th, 2020, 23:55
Hey! I've seen that MoreCore and Shadow of the Demon Lord rulesets work pretty well in FGU. Have you been working on it? The only issue I'm having is that I can't drag and drop rolls from the Rolls window to PCs and NPCs roll fields.

It is working fine for me on vanilla MoreCore.
Do you have any other extensions loaded besides SoTDL? Is it giving you any error in the console?
Can you reproduce the problem in a new clean campaign? If so, what are the steps you are taking?

Nembrot
November 12th, 2020, 01:27
Roll string question:
How do I roll a set of dice with modifier being added to each die?
like 3 rolls of d6+3
so if I roll 4,4,4
the result is 7,7,7

damned
November 12th, 2020, 05:12
There is no dice roll that will change the face of the dice to different numbers

bloodylemming
November 13th, 2020, 03:26
I'm trying to get a friends game up and running. It's Castles and Crusades. I watched all of your videos on C&C, but there's still some pieces missing. The largest of which is how to get saves to work. It's not an issue to roll them for individual spells, but when you do an area effect attack, we really need the save to be rolled automatically and apply the appropriate damage, i.e. half damage for save... Is this possible with the C&C rule set?

damned
November 13th, 2020, 03:31
You should post this in Castles&Crusades and the experts there will help.
I havent run C&C for quite a few years unfortunately - I did run for several years but not for a while.
C&C does have less automation than 5E.

bloodylemming
November 13th, 2020, 14:22
Thank you kindly. !)

Nerosus
November 22nd, 2020, 13:50
Looks really good, but the lastes version is making problems when I try to make "Groups" and "Places"
https://www.mediafire.com/file/1w4eu28f93yws1g/console.log/file

damned
November 22nd, 2020, 13:57
Hi Nerosus

Groups and Places have been deprecated. They are only there so people can retrieve data and move to World Builder. World Builder has far more options and includes everything from Groups and Places.

Nerosus
November 22nd, 2020, 18:49
Ah, I was wondering what that was about as well. Seemed weird that there where functions that seemed to do the same.

But thanks for the info damned :o

Theros
November 23rd, 2020, 20:38
I am wondering if there are some people who would like to help to create working mutant chronicles character sheet? I am not coder/programmer, but I am more than willing to help (I am good at doing some boring copy-paste-edit things). We are using some very basic character sheet modification that we can play some how atm.

damned
November 23rd, 2020, 21:59
How similar is it to DCC? Maybe you can get away with using the DCC ruleset?

PhilAdams
November 24th, 2020, 05:48
How similar is it to DCC? Maybe you can get away with using the DCC ruleset?

Is the question how close is Mutant Chronicles to DCC (Dungeon Call Classics)? If so, to my knowledge, they share nothing in common. Mutant Chronicles was the first Modiphius 2d20 (Conan, Infinity, Star Trek, John Carter, Dune) rule set. It has a LOT in common with Infinity (minus the gear and setting specifics).

Theros
November 24th, 2020, 17:12
Is the question how close is Mutant Chronicles to DCC (Dungeon Call Classics)? If so, to my knowledge, they share nothing in common. Mutant Chronicles was the first Modiphius 2d20 (Conan, Infinity, Star Trek, John Carter, Dune) rule set. It has a LOT in common with Infinity (minus the gear and setting specifics).

Yes. It also has some similarities with Conan. Dice mechanics are same.

PhilAdams
November 24th, 2020, 17:17
Yes. It also has some similarities with Conan. Dice mechanics are same.

Yes, as I stated, they're all Modiphius 2d20.

However, the divergence in the core 2d20 system started with Mutant Chronicles ==> Conan (the damage dice are different in MC and Infinity...I prefer the Conan version, personally). And the divergence became greater with the simpler iterations of 2d20 aimed at a...simpler player base (devolving to the point where in John Carter, I'm currently put off by the system but still open to trying it one day).

I get that Conan has more crunch than some folks can handle, but realistically, it's in the realm of D&D 5e when you look at it as a whole. I'm very concerned that Achtung Cthulhu and Dune will be closer to Star Trek in system representation than, say, Mutant Chronicles.

Theros
November 24th, 2020, 17:54
Yes, as I stated, they're all Modiphius 2d20.

However, the divergence in the core 2d20 system started with Mutant Chronicles ==> Conan (the damage dice are different in MC and Infinity...I prefer the Conan version, personally). And the divergence became greater with the simpler iterations of 2d20 aimed at a...simpler player base (devolving to the point where in John Carter, I'm currently put off by the system but still open to trying it one day).

I get that Conan has more crunch than some folks can handle, but realistically, it's in the realm of D&D 5e when you look at it as a whole. I'm very concerned that Achtung Cthulhu and Dune will be closer to Star Trek in system representation than, say, Mutant Chronicles.

Yep. I have GMd Conan too (and I don't like system balance, but that is another issue). I would like to create/have Mutant Chronicles basic mechanics, so that it is playable and blanks can be filled like it is done in GURPS system (FG).

Theros
November 24th, 2020, 18:17

Maspalio
November 29th, 2020, 14:08
I have coded this into a new /battled6 roll that will go something like:

/battled6 1d2006+1d6>5

It will be available soon...

Hi Damned,

Working on a similar system (Guildes), I based myself on your /battled6 script but I can't modify it as I want. When the two d6 make 6 and 6, you would have to roll two dice again to add to the result, and not just one. What should I modify?

Many thanks

damned
November 29th, 2020, 14:44
can you test using

/battled6 2d6>5

and let me know if that works?

Maspalio
November 29th, 2020, 15:37
can you test using

/battled6 2d6>5

and let me know if that works?

Thanks for your reply. Well, i tried and it doesn't work.

All i need is when the dice roll 12 (a 6 and another 6, excluding any modifiers), then the 2d6 are rolled again and adds to the first result.

In the same manner, the reverse is true in this system. When the 2d6 rolls 2 (a 1 and another 1), then the 2d6 are rolled again and subtracts to the results.

Have you any clue how to build this from the /battled6? It sounds pretty close.

damned
November 29th, 2020, 23:30
currently battled6 looks at

if first d6 is a 6 then reroll and add
if both d6s are d6s and not different coloured 6s then both will reroll

the code is all in there - Im neck deep in a couple of other things right now but please have a go and see if you can work thru it

ShotGun Jolly
December 4th, 2020, 03:49
Has anyone noticed some kind of bug or glitch in the combat tracker?

When ever I have more then 3 entries on it. NPC, PCs or both.. when using the Next Actor Button, it may skip over one of the entries? And if you press it again, it will go back to the one it skipped, and the 3rd time you press the button it will head to the next actor.. I have tried changing the settings in the options. Dice type.. and the actions

So in this example below.

I press the next actor button, it moves follows the red line and lands on Jay, I press it again, it follows the blue line back to Jonesy, and the next time I press the advance button, it follows the teal line and ends on Fredrick. I have adjusted the settings on the right.. and for what ever reason, there seems to be no difference in the function of PC/NPC reroll options.. I have removed all extensions and tested it with straight More Core.. same results.

Any thoughts?

ShotGun Jolly
December 4th, 2020, 03:59
I discovered I also get an error when ever I use the 2D6 option for the INI dice.

kronovan
December 4th, 2020, 18:35
Is there any way to increase the width of the roll parameter boxes?

I've been experimenting with the Mythras character sheet, but that ruleset has double-digit numbers for most parameter values. Which aren't fully visible in the default MoreCore parameter boxes.

Another Mythras related question and a much more important one; is it at all possible to create modifiers in the Modifiers table that mod a Target Number instead of the roll result?

I ask, because in Mythras difficulty grades are applied to a skill's value. Those values are the target numbers that the modified d100 Skill rolls must roll even or under in order to succeed. If using Mythra's simplified difficulty grade table, these value modifiers are: very easy +40, easy +20, hard -20, very hard -40, herculean -80. While creating those mods with the (+,-) operators reversed gets closer to the desired result, it's not a viable solution for Mythras because special roll thresholds (<=10% is a critical success, >=96% is a botch) are always determined from the modified skill value.

I'm aware I can create an additional parameter box for every skill into which a difficulty grade modifier could be inputted by the player, or have a global parameter box to enter such mods in, but both approaches get messy if a player forgets they have an existing value entered. As well, Mythras difficulty grade modifiers are something that's intended to be applied by the GM and not using the FG Modifiers table and Modifiers box really complicates that.

Honken
December 5th, 2020, 15:16
So I have a Shadowrun 3e game comming up, and we used to use MoreCore on FGC, and I thought i would migrate it to FGU, but when i try to roll the chosen rolls. I only get error messages.

The Specific Die roll i am doing is edies.

/H

damned
December 6th, 2020, 01:03
So I have a Shadowrun 3e game comming up, and we used to use MoreCore on FGC, and I thought i would migrate it to FGU, but when i try to roll the chosen rolls. I only get error messages.

The Specific Die roll i am doing is edies.

/H

please try using /explode instead?

damned
December 6th, 2020, 01:08
Is there any way to increase the width of the roll parameter boxes?

I've been experimenting with the Mythras character sheet, but that ruleset has double-digit numbers for most parameter values. Which aren't fully visible in the default MoreCore parameter boxes.

Another Mythras related question and a much more important one; is it at all possible to create modifiers in the Modifiers table that mod a Target Number instead of the roll result?

I ask, because in Mythras difficulty grades are applied to a skill's value. Those values are the target numbers that the modified d100 Skill rolls must roll even or under in order to succeed. If using Mythra's simplified difficulty grade table, these value modifiers are: very easy +40, easy +20, hard -20, very hard -40, herculean -80. While creating those mods with the (+,-) operators reversed gets closer to the desired result, it's not a viable solution for Mythras because special roll thresholds (<=10% is a critical success, >=96% is a botch) are always determined from the modified skill value.

I'm aware I can create an additional parameter box for every skill into which a difficulty grade modifier could be inputted by the player, or have a global parameter box to enter such mods in, but both approaches get messy if a player forgets they have an existing value entered. As well, Mythras difficulty grade modifiers are something that's intended to be applied by the GM and not using the FG Modifiers table and Modifiers box really complicates that.

There is. You do need to edit the XML.
in file \campaign\record_char_more.xml
change lines 527, 536, 545 change the 9 to 13... experiment with what works for you

Short answer to modifiers is No.
Longer answer is I have a WiP Mythras project that is (like many others) starved of oxygen/time because there is only so much of both available to me
It handles this nicely
I have poked my co-conspirators and we will try and do some more work on it over Christmas.

damned
December 6th, 2020, 01:08
I discovered I also get an error when ever I use the 2D6 option for the INI dice.

I think the 2d option is broken... yes... sorry... Im aware of it.

kronovan
December 7th, 2020, 21:36
There is. You do need to edit the XML.
in file \campaign\record_char_more.xml
change lines 527, 536, 545 change the 9 to 13... experiment with what works for you

Yes, worked like a charm! Thank you! The line numbers in my case were actually 525, 534, 543 - so exactly 2 numbers less than what you listed. Should I be worried about that?
I did download the MoreCore.PAK that's linked on the 1st page of this thread last week and it seemed correct; version listed in the chat window is 1.60 2020927. Oh and I edited my record_char_more.xml with Notepad++, if that makes any difference.

Short answer to modifiers is No.
Longer answer is I have a WiP Mythras project that is (like many others) starved of oxygen/time because there is only so much of both available to me
It handles this nicely
I have poked my co-conspirators and we will try and do some more work on it over Christmas.

I was afraid of that, but that's the answer I was expecting. For now for the Mythic Britain campaign I hope to soon run, I think I can just create a global mod box and then as GM occasionally check the players' PC sheets to ensure correct value are there. I'm not so concerned about a missed value, so much as an lingering, incorrect value.

I do have some further questions about the /mythras and /trait rolls I see in the fan-made Player Character sheet I have. For skills, this is the roll syntax: /mythras 1d100w(a)x(b)y(p1)z(p3). I understand that the p1 comes from the user inputted skill percentile and that p3 comes from a user inputted modifier such as a difficulty grade percentile. I also noted that p2 is somehow being auto-calculated from p1 and p3, as well as from the 2 base Characteristics (or same Characteristic twice) of the skill and I've confirmed it's working. I'm not sure at all though how those (a) and (b) Ref field parameter valuess are obtained?
Ref field A has this listing; ...clilist1.id-00011.p1 : (a) available. And Ref field B thisl; ...clilist1.id-00014.p1 : (b) available.

I'm guessing those use the code in the new manager_customer_mythras.lua script, but I'm darned looking at the script if I can figure it out how it gets them. Is it possible those reference field know the correct trait based upon their ordering in their Rolls group frame and that it follows the standard Mythras Characteristics ordering; i.e. STR 1st, DEX 2nd, CON 3rd, SIZ 4th, etc? And that the ## part of those id-000##.p1 somehow references those ordered positions?
Note; that on the Player Character sheet I have that I created via a XML file important, that those Characteristics are incorrectly identified as Attributes. Not a big deal as that's cosmetic and just a simple edit, but I wanted to make sure you know what I'm referring to as "Characteristics."

kronovan
December 8th, 2020, 01:07
OK, so after some more experimenting and testing, I can now see that the ID's come from that imported XML character sheet and were written into my campaign's DB.XML file. I'm guessing that explains why my newly created Character sheet can't make any sense of them. The /mythras parameter formula as I listed above, won't work for my new character sheet unless I drag & drop the 2 base Characteristic on to Ref Field A and Ref Field B. I then have to edit the x(a) and y(b) in the parameter formula, to x(a1) and y(b1). While that allows me to to get the correct Skill Total to roll under for the actual dice roll, the p2 box never displays the entire Skill Total correctly. It does display the manually inputted Increases value as entered in the p1 box, but never adds in the a1 and b1 values from the base Characteristic(s). I'm guessing its looking for an (a) and (b) parameter, but with a default character sheet I can't provide that - just an a1 and b1 parameter.

And finally, when a modifier is included in the skills p3 box the overall Skill percental becomes a fractional value with 1 decimal place. So it looks like the wrong numeric type is being used, or some rounding isn't working. The modified number is also incorrect; when I use a modifier of +20 on a Skill with a base total of 43, I end up with 51.6 instead of 63.

damned
December 8th, 2020, 04:05
OK, so after some more experimenting and testing, I can now see that the ID's come from that imported XML character sheet and were written into my campaign's DB.XML file. I'm guessing that explains why my newly created Character sheet can't make any sense of them. The /mythras parameter formula as I listed above, won't work for my new character sheet unless I drag & drop the 2 base Characteristic on to Ref Field A and Ref Field B. I then have to edit the x(a) and y(b) in the parameter formula, to x(a1) and y(b1). While that allows me to to get the correct Skill Total to roll under for the actual dice roll, the p2 box never displays the entire Skill Total correctly. It does display the manually inputted Increases value as entered in the p1 box, but never adds in the a1 and b1 values from the base Characteristic(s). I'm guessing its looking for an (a) and (b) parameter, but with a default character sheet I can't provide that - just an a1 and b1 parameter.

And finally, when a modifier is included in the skills p3 box the overall Skill percental becomes a fractional value with 1 decimal place. So it looks like the wrong numeric type is being used, or some rounding isn't working. The modified number is also incorrect; when I use a modifier of +20 on a Skill with a base total of 43, I end up with 51.6 instead of 63.

Try this as a starting point.

kronovan
December 8th, 2020, 06:00
Many thanks for the link Damned. That XML file is almost identical to the file I used to create my 1st Character Sheet. The exception is that the one I used had a few weapons entries in the Combat roll group frame.

I appreciate the effort that went into creating it. I do have a few issues with it though. The most important being that the skills roll modifiers don't work correctly - same issue I reported above. I created a single, universal modifier box and linked it as Ref Field C for a few skills to test if I'd get the same result, but the incorrect Skill Totals still occurred. As well, the leftmost columns don't shrink when you attempt to resize the sheet, which I believe is due to the very lengthy Roll Group titles used in the XML. As I mentioned above, I don't care for individual modifier boxes for each skill and prefer a single, universal box to better mimics the FG modifier box. I find the sheet a bit too busy and for my sheet omitting the individual skill modifier boxes (p3) IMO helped clean up its look. I'm also not sure what certain features are for or represent in the Mythras rules, such as "n Points"?

Otherwise, with the exception of the skill modifiers that sheet seems to work fine.

monkeyboy_9000
December 8th, 2020, 07:21
Hi Kronovan,

The p3 field is an (admittedly clunky) way of presenting the standard difficulty grades as percentile modifiers to the TN (not the simplified difficulty grade table). Adding a positive or negative number into p3 will reduce the target number by that percentage. (so a 50 in p3 will adjust a skill of 40 to have a TN of 60 and likewise a -50 will reduce it to 20)

It is indeed rounding to 1dp rather than a whole number and we can look into that.

As Damned says, what with Covid, house moves, Theses (and Damned's astonishing self-imposed workload!) things have been quiet over the summer. Hoping to to get back to it at xmas and into the new year.

I would much prefer a single button solution to the modifiers box so if you have the time and inclination im sure an extra pair of hands wouldn't go amiss ;)

Cheers

kronovan
December 8th, 2020, 17:45
Many thanks for the feedback monkeyboy.

Adding a positive or negative number into p3 will reduce the target number by that percentage. (so a 50 in p3 will adjust a skill of 40 to have a TN of 60 and likewise a -50 will reduce it to 20)
Oh of course that makes sense and with FG doing the math for players and GMs, there isn't really a need for simplified difficulty grades.

I would much prefer a single button solution to the modifiers box so if you have the time and inclination im sure an extra pair of hands wouldn't go amiss ;)
I'm definitely willing to help out where I can. For now I just stuck my global Difficulty Modifier above the Experience Modifier within the Feats roll frame. That works fine, but of course it requires dragging & dropping it to the C Ref for 59 skills. Not having the p3 modifier box for skills looks so much cleaner though, so IMO it's worth the effort.
I admittedly know little about FG Character XML files - can that C Ref change somehow be done globally in one of them?

The bigger problem of course is that with needing to input a negative 2 digit number or 3 digit (100) number, as such values don't completely display. That's true even after making the 9 -to- 13 parameter box size change that Damned pointed out to me above. I expect the same setting could be increased to make the boxes wide enough to accommodate 3 digits, but my concern is that the sum total effect would result in parameter boxes taking up too much screen real estate.

The ideal solution of course would be to change the existing FG modifier box to modify TN to be base TN + % of TN, instead of adding to the roll result. With knowing little about the ruleset scripts, I can't imagine that the code that controls that is anywhere but in the coreRPG ruleset. So is it even possible with to do with a MoreCore extension? If that isn't possible, I'm wondering if it's possible to repurpose the Class level box as a global modifier box? Class level is something that isn't required in Mythras and that box can nicely accommodate a 3 digit number. Maybe place a "Modifier" label under it? And on that topic, but more cosmetic...it would ideal if Class could be renamed to Profession and if an underlined text field for Culture could be placed immediately to the right of it.

Probably a lot of wishful thinking, but one can only ponder and ask. ;)

gunsnammo
December 11th, 2020, 22:14
Hey there.

I saw that you can use the "/die" chat command to roll different color dice by substituting r, g, or b for the d to roll different colored dice i.e. "/die 1r6" will roll a red d6.

Is there anyway to utilize the colored dice in a dice pool?

damned
December 11th, 2020, 22:21
In MoreCore use 100 for red, 200 for green, 300 for blue and 400 for yellow
So /die 2d1006+2d20020 will roll 2 red d6 and 2 green d20
Use /pool 2d3006 to add 2 blue d6 to the pool

gunsnammo
December 11th, 2020, 23:11
Wow. Thank you for the info and for the very quick response!

JubiladosdeArkham
December 15th, 2020, 22:50
I'm trying to use the dice string /weg 1d6+#d1006 but something is not working. The 1d6 is not rolling and that is the exploting die.
I've tried creating a new campaign but it still doesn't work. The strange thing is that in an old campaign it seems to work fine.
Even stranger, if I create a copy of the campaign, the dice string stops working.

Ok, I've discovered that the theme extension is blocking the string, don't know why or how.

Problem solved. I was deleting all unnecesary dice and that was making the exploding die not to appear.

damned
December 16th, 2020, 00:57
# should also be a number rather than the symbol

yes dont delete any of the 1006/2006/3006/4006 dice :)

Fargen
December 26th, 2020, 22:57
How would I code a 2d6 roll added together under a number? (reference field)
I'm also looking to show a skill as a value of an attribute plus what points the player adds to the base value (attribute)
For example Str = 5
[5] [<points>] [Total Value]
The roll then for that skill would be 2d6 < Total and if roll is a 2 success

damned
December 27th, 2020, 01:32
How would I code a 2d6 roll added together under a number? (reference field)
I a mnot following what you mean here?

I'm also looking to show a skill as a value of an attribute plus what points the player adds to the base value (attribute)
For example Str = 5
[5] [<points>] [Total Value]
The roll then for that skill would be 2d6 < Total and if roll is a 2 success

You will need to write an extension to do that.
The current options you have are:

example roll
/die [(c)+(b)]d10e+(p2)
this will sum the linked field c and linked field b and use that to determine how many die to roll
but it wont display that sum value anywhere on the sheet - it will show it in the roll if you open it up but not on the sheet

you use the p1/p2/p3 values so you can see the component values (still not the sum) but these values will not stay linked

otherwise - coding time!

Fargen
December 27th, 2020, 01:47
Thanks Damned,
That pointed me in the right direction. [ ] for summing two values.
I may work on an extension and I'm watching your videos now. I'd like to see a TOON extension if it hasn't been done yet. Found one person asking, so probably not a lot of demand, but still could be a fun exercise.
Just need to learn Morecore more. Found your YT so watching through the vids. Thanks for putting those out there.

Is there a way to add to the below roll, if it is a 12 it's automatic failure?

For those working with TOON and rolls, what I came up with was: /sthrow 2d6<[(a1) + (p1)]

damned
December 27th, 2020, 03:23
There is tonnes of info in those videos but also thats a lot of content to get thru :)
Start small - unless coding is your thing - and work up to stuff

What I would do for your Q is duplicate sthrow and add in the code.
There is basic instructions on how to add a roll in to MoreCore - not how to code the roll - are in the user guide
Your change is pretty simple.

Good work on finding a close match roll - that makes things much simpler!

ColoradoGM
January 8th, 2021, 20:59
The system I'm tryng to implement, Radiance RPG, has more kinds of hit points and defenses than typical. Attacks are against Fort, Reflex, or Will (like D&D4th), Hit points are divided into Vitality and Wounds (most attacks hit V first, then overflow to W, but some attacks and effects target W directly), Vitality is also spent to power some spells and abilities, and armor acts as damage reduction ( probably best implemented as "resist" effect). I can't figure out where to put all of these - fort, reflex, will, vitality, wounds, and armor - so they will interact with the combat tracker.

(free (very large) PDF of the game here, if it helps: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/105102/Radiance-Players-Guide-A-Complete-Roleplaying-Game-in-the-Age-of-Electrotech

damned
January 9th, 2021, 05:42
MoreCore supports a max of 5 fields in the CT + Order
The first field is Health - it is the only HP/Health field
Field 3 is wounds - that is how FG typically does things - it leaves HP untouched and counts wounds up to HP
field 2 is typically defence but there are some rolls that use field 4 as defence too
i dont think there are enough fields to do what you want out of the box with MoreCore
armor as DR works in either field 2 or field 4
there is close to enough but not enough - coding will be required

PS I have zero time to read another game system to learn its rules and mechanics - sorry

lamorric
January 18th, 2021, 20:34
I am creating a Shadowrun 3ed extension using MoreCore and have a question about the reference fields in the custom rolls.

There are 5 fields (a1 - a5) when I drag in a Skill. I think I determined correctly that a1 - a3 are references to the p1-p3 of the Skill I pulled in.

What are a4 and a5?

I did search for this but I wasn't able to find anything. Search-Fu is lacking... :-(

For kicks, here's a sample of the first page of the character sheet. Please remember it is a work in progress and I have taken a short cut of putting text in for some buttons.

lamorric
January 18th, 2021, 20:41
I am creating a Shadowrun 3ed extension using MoreCore and have a question about the reference fields in the custom rolls.

There are 5 fields (a1 - a5) when I drag in a Skill. I think I determined correctly that a1 - a3 are references to the p1-p3 of the Skill I pulled in.

What are a4 and a5?

I did search for this but I wasn't able to find anything. Search-Fu is lacking... :-(

For kicks, here's a sample of the first page of the character sheet. Please remember it is a work in progress and I have taken a short cut of putting text in for some buttons.

damned
January 18th, 2021, 22:42
If you change the Roll to a Tracker there is (Im going from memory here) a min and max value and these are (a4) and (a5)
Additionally if you drag a single number to (a) it will only populate (a). If you drag the link then it will populate (a1)-(a5)

And your sheet looks fantastic keep up the good work

Honken
January 19th, 2021, 11:22
I am creating a Shadowrun 3ed extension using MoreCore

Wow, that is AWESOME! I hope you share it when it is ready. I have a Shadowrun 3e game in my que.

/H

CarlPalmer
January 20th, 2021, 12:09
I created a new morecore ruleset campaign and a character sheet for SWN and everything was working very well.

I came back a couple days later, and now every roll that uses /die outputs 0 for the dice in chat. So Param Formula /die 2d6 + (p1) + (p2) creates the Dice String /die 2d6 + -1 + 0. When rolled this outputs to the chat window 2d6, where both dice are 0 and the total is 0. WTH?

Param Formula /die 1d20 + (p2) creates a dice string of /die 1d20 + 1 which when rolled outputs a die roll of 0 with a total of 0

I have updated Fantasy Grounds
I have redownloaded MORECORE
I have no extensions and no modules loaded.

from the chatlog.html file in the campaign:

Base Attack Bonus [1d6 = 0]
Initative (1d8+0) [d8 = 2]
+ -1 + 0 Administer [2d6 = 0]
+ -1 + 0 Fix [2d6 = 0]
Constitution [1d20+0 = 0]
Constitution [1d20+1 = 1]
+ 1 Constitution [1d20 = 0]
Dexterity [1d20+0 = 0]

What am I doing wrong, or has an update broken morecore?

damned
January 20th, 2021, 12:21
FGU or FGC?
I just tested a stack of similar rolls on FGU with MoreCore and all are working as expected.

CarlPalmer
January 20th, 2021, 12:37
FGU

Let me do some more checking, I'll create a new campaign and see if I managed to break something in the campaign.

damned
January 20th, 2021, 12:54
die is from CoreRPG.
Can you try deleting corerpg.pak and re-running the updater?
Can you post your MoreCore and CoreRPG and Engine versions?

CarlPalmer
January 20th, 2021, 14:11
Is there an alternative to /die? I didn't see a generic roll command in MoreCore other that /die, or are you saying that you are just passing the roll to CoreRPG module to process it?

>restarted PC
>reinstalled FGU in a new folder
>Created a new data directory and pointed fresh install at it
>Did a full update of FGU
>downloaded MoreCore
>Created a new campaign with MoreCore

So a complete fresh install with only fresh install data. Now I am getting the die roll, but it isn't adding the parameters to the result even though it is listing them.
See here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qgt54b9vfvbhjfp/Die%20Rolling%20Issue.jpg?dl=0

MoreCore is v1.60.2020927
CoreRPG is v3.3.12A

I am very confused, as I believe you that the problem isnt MoreCore, but I don't know where else to look.

UPDATE:
I created a new character sheet and started over. Everything seems to be working except that the skill rolls of 2d6 + (p1) are not adding the bonus of (p1).
And Attack and Damage are not adding parameters to the roll.

CarlPalmer
January 20th, 2021, 17:39
So I finally got it all worked out by creating a new character sheet and moving the rolls back to the completely formatted one. I am not at all sure why the formulas werent working, but it appears that they are now.

damned
January 20th, 2021, 20:53
Very good. Likewise - confused, not sure what happened there - but glad you got it working.

Campaign
January 23rd, 2021, 03:42
Noob question: How do I get this working on FG Unity with the DnD 5e content?
None of the videos or instructions I've seen appear to explain this little detail.

I select the MoreCore Ruleset as shown below, but have no option to select any 5e extensions. When I start the server up, I can't access any DnD 5e content.

Myrdin Potter
January 23rd, 2021, 03:44
Noob question: How do I get this working on FG Unity with the DnD 5e content?
None of the videos or instructions I've seen appear to explain this little detail.

I select the MoreCore Ruleset as shown below, but have no option to select any 5e extensions. When I start the server up, I can't access any DnD 5e content.

Use the 5e ruleset with 5e content. Why are you trying to use MoreCore?

damned
January 23rd, 2021, 03:54
Welcome Campaign

What is your ultimate goal here?
MoreCore is designed to help you play other systems that dont have their own rulesets.
You could play 5E with MoreCore but it wont be as good as playing with the 5E ruleset.

If you want to open 5E content with MoreCore try the Universal Modules extension. It wont work for everything - read the stuff in post #1. And it wont let you use 5E extensions.

Quorlox
January 23rd, 2021, 14:05
MoreCore is working great for Earthdawn; thanks!

For the character sheet, I am wondering how I can increase the size of the boxes that numbers are typed into; double digit numbers don't fit well inside the boxes.

damned
January 23rd, 2021, 14:35
Try campaign\record_char_more.xml

Lines 527, 536, 545 change

<anchored to="paramanchor" position="left" width="9">

to

<anchored to="paramanchor" position="left" width="13">

see how that goes.

Quorlox
January 23rd, 2021, 16:29
Thanks! Where should I copy the modified file to?

damned
January 24th, 2021, 00:52
Is Earthdawn an extension or just a charsheet etc?
If its an extension include the changes in the extension
Otherwise consider making an extension or just edit the MoreCore ruleset each time it is updated.
Im not changing it to a wider field as default because space is at a premium.

damned
January 24th, 2021, 00:59
here is a super basic extension to do it for you.

CarlPalmer
January 24th, 2021, 03:15
In MORECORE there is a /rolld #d#x# which rolls dice and drops the lowest, but it doesn't accept any modifiers.

In stars without number, there are foci that allow you to roll a skill as 3d6 drop lowest + skill level instead of normal 2d6+skill level.

I can not seem to get /rolld to accept any additional parameters to the roll, so 3d6x1+(p1) does not include (p1) in the roll, nor does 3d6+(p1)x1

Is there a roll that would simulate this? I can not seem to find it, and I am complete shite with lua. Any sugesstions besides opening the ruleset and learning lua?

damned
January 24th, 2021, 04:12
In FGU you could use /3d6k2+(p1)

CarlPalmer
January 24th, 2021, 05:34
brilliant, thank you!!

damned
January 24th, 2021, 06:18
Please do post your Stars Without Number character sheet when its done!

CarlPalmer
January 24th, 2021, 14:40
Working on getting all the weapons and equipment lists finished. Should be complete very soon, and I will definitely post them.

lamorric
January 25th, 2021, 21:16
Wow, that is AWESOME! I hope you share it when it is ready. I have a Shadowrun 3e game in my que.

/H

The "beta" release for the Shadowrun 3ed extension is here.
https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?65485-Shadowrun-3-extension&p=573707&viewfull=1#post573707

damned
January 25th, 2021, 23:28
The "beta" release for the Shadowrun 3ed extension is here.
https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?65485-Shadowrun-3-extension&p=573707&viewfull=1#post573707

Huzzah!

Agent Quiris
January 26th, 2021, 15:15
Hi there. Brand new to Fantasy Grounds and I am wondering if there are sheets and MoreCore support for these games: Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperborea, The One Ring, and Stars Without Number.

I just got the ultimate license and there is a lot going on. It's a bit intimidating to be honest.

lamorric
January 26th, 2021, 19:53
Hi there. Brand new to Fantasy Grounds and I am wondering if there are sheets and MoreCore support for these games: Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorcerers of Hyperborea, The One Ring, and Stars Without Number.

I just got the ultimate license and there is a lot going on. It's a bit intimidating to be honest.

Sorry, no real answer here. Just encouragement.

I have found YouTube videos to very helpful. Both in just understanding features as well as learning how to create them my self.

damned
January 26th, 2021, 20:13
Welcome Agent Quiris

CarlPalmer is doing some Stars Without Number character sheets and he will hopefully post them when done. There is a The One Ring community ruleset you should look at. Someone talked about doing ASSH but I dont think I ever saw anything finished.

damned
January 26th, 2021, 23:28
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?65521-Stars-Without-Number
Many thanks CarlPalmer!

damned
February 2nd, 2021, 00:21

frostbyte can you have a think on this one...
If you include 2 sets of [math] in the string it screws up because i think it is taking the first [ and the last ] and then it gets all funky inside that.
If you get any time to put towards tightening up the logic that would be amazing!
This math handler that you built is very handy.

frostbyte000jm
February 2nd, 2021, 00:57
Can you remind me where exactly this is? I have been working on a massive Python project and it will take a beat to get back in this mindset. I have more time this semester tho.

damned
February 2nd, 2021, 01:15
Hey buddy - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset&p=542763&viewfull=1#post542763 thanks for answering the summons!

NickT
February 12th, 2021, 10:56
Hi, Looking into using Morecore to play Deadlands, (The original NOT Reloaded) and I have a couple of questions:-

1. is there any syntax that allows me to make a dieroller that accesses a table several times something like (p1)+5*(/rollon Tablename) ... where p1 is an input parameter?

2. can I use /die #d#!k1 to test if it passes a test number ... I tried /die 3d6!K1 >(p1) ... but that rolls the dice but doesn't compare with p1

3. is there anyway I can force a table roll to automatically display an associated graphic? (I am using the Card deck extension to draw playing cards and I would like to see the actual card rather than it simply written i.e. KH)

Thanks, any help on any of these would be greatly appreciated
NickT

Samzagas
February 12th, 2021, 23:14
Sorry to bother, but for some reason I can't seem to access the documentation page https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html do check if it's something on your end. I've already tried all I could think about in my end, but there's always a chance I missed something.

damned
February 13th, 2021, 00:45
Sorry to bother, but for some reason I can't seem to access the documentation page https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html do check if it's something on your end. I've already tried all I could think about in my end, but there's always a chance I missed something.

Too many hacking attempts from your network/isp Samzagas - this has caused your IP address to also be blocked.
See if you can view it here:
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:OTL8Qdt-8esJ:https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au

damned
February 13th, 2021, 00:51
Hi, Looking into using Morecore to play Deadlands, (The original NOT Reloaded) and I have a couple of questions:-

1. is there any syntax that allows me to make a dieroller that accesses a table several times something like (p1)+5*(/rollon Tablename) ... where p1 is an input parameter?

2. can I use /die #d#!k1 to test if it passes a test number ... I tried /die 3d6!K1 >(p1) ... but that rolls the dice but doesn't compare with p1

3. is there anyway I can force a table roll to automatically display an associated graphic? (I am using the Card deck extension to draw playing cards and I would like to see the actual card rather than it simply written i.e. KH)

Thanks, any help on any of these would be greatly appreciated
NickT

1. No there is no syntax for that
2. /die is part of the core engine and that comparison is not part of its capability. What is the exact roll you are trying to do? What does the exclamation do?
3. There will also be a link in the output and that link will be to the card image.

Samzagas
February 13th, 2021, 01:57
Too many hacking attempts from your network/isp Samzagas - this has caused your IP address to also be blocked.
See if you can view it here:
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:OTL8Qdt-8esJ:https://www.diehard-gaming.com/mchelp.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au

Great, that's my useless ISP who I don't know how but it seems like it only uses blocked IPs. Sadly, its not the first time something like that happens with random pages every now and then. I never imagined that I'd have to use a VPN for something as mundane as checking a webpage.

damned
February 13th, 2021, 04:45
Great, that's my useless ISP who I don't know how but it seems like it only uses blocked IPs. Sadly, its not the first time something like that happens with random pages every now and then. I never imagined that I'd have to use a VPN for something as mundane as checking a webpage.

Sorry - my servers run so much better when Im aggressive with the firewalls...

NickT
February 13th, 2021, 09:56
what I need is a roll that rolls #d# explodes on a max roll on any die, keeps the highest total and then compares that total against a target number. /die #d#!k1 does all of that but the comparison. I can work with a manual comparison but that further bit of automation would have been nice ;>(

I know that I can put a card image on the table, but it is,(as you say), just a link, which I then have to click on, what I would have preferred was that the table automatically activated the link. Still I can work with that too. Thanks for your, (as ever), prompt reply ;>)

wndrngdru
February 16th, 2021, 23:15
Hey damned,

As expected, the latest update to the rulesets completely broke MoreCore. None of the buttons show up except for Assets and Library, and even those don't open their respective windows. Any ETA on an update? No super rush, I'm mostly just wondering if I should postpone my Sunday session.

damned
February 16th, 2021, 23:18
Hi everyone

A new Fantasy Grounds build for both Classic and Unity was released today. I have attached a new MoreCore build to post#1. Please be aware that I have not tested this enough and I expect there will be things that will break. Please post them here and I will address as quickly as I can. Please post as much information as possible - preferably post a character export as well as steps to produce the error. If you have games coming up try and test before the game and I will try to fix asap.

Been crazy busy with work so sorry this hasnt had a lot of testing.
Many thanks to Moon Wizard for the core changes.

wndrngdru
February 17th, 2021, 02:44
Hi everyone

If you have games coming up try and test before the game and I will try to fix asap.

No worries, mate. Sometimes we just get "lifed".
Testing in FGU.
I think there may be some debugging that's uncommented somewhere. When opening a character for the first time, I get a s'OnInit!' and s'nWidth,nHeight' | #<number> | #<number> in the chat. Resizing the window on the MoreCore tab will spam the chat with the above dimension values.

Combat Tracker: "Clear Turn Indicator" in the menu doesn't do anything. I did notice this a couple weeks ago, prior to the update, when I was just messing around with the CT. Didn't it also used to set the current round to 0? I don't usually use rounds as I primarily GM PBTA.

So far everything else seems to be working as intended. Rolls are still working, my World Builder entries all seem to be working as well.

ransolot
February 17th, 2021, 03:03
I still have nearly no buttons on toolbar side. Only characters, assets and library. No way to access my images

damned
February 17th, 2021, 03:06
I still have nearly no buttons on toolbar side. Only characters, assets and library. No way to access my images

Did you download the version uploaded today? Are you running any themes or extensions?

damned
February 17th, 2021, 03:07
No worries, mate. Sometimes we just get "lifed".
Testing in FGU.
I think there may be some debugging that's uncommented somewhere. When opening a character for the first time, I get a s'OnInit!' and s'nWidth,nHeight' | #<number> | #<number> in the chat. Resizing the window on the MoreCore tab will spam the chat with the above dimension values.

Combat Tracker: "Clear Turn Indicator" in the menu doesn't do anything. I did notice this a couple weeks ago, prior to the update, when I was just messing around with the CT. Didn't it also used to set the current round to 0? I don't usually use rounds as I primarily GM PBTA.

So far everything else seems to be working as intended. Rolls are still working, my World Builder entries all seem to be working as well.

Thanks I'll fix the debug asap. The combat tracker won't happen till the weekend.

wndrngdru
February 17th, 2021, 03:07

The update changed the way the buttons are added to the sidebar. If you open your Options you'll see a new Sidebar button where you can select what you want on your sidebar.
This was moved from the Library.

ransolot
February 17th, 2021, 03:08
I downloaded the clicky at the bottom of the fist post in this thread, no extensions and no theme

ransolot
February 17th, 2021, 03:10
The update changed the way the buttons are added to the sidebar. If you open your Options you'll see a new Sidebar button where you can select what you want on your sidebar.
This was moved from the Library.

Ahh, there they are. Didn't see that. Thanks!

damned
February 17th, 2021, 03:15
Very good. Thanks guys.

Stitched
February 17th, 2021, 03:56
Latest Live Update, using MoreCore, I get this:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:437: attempt to index local 'c' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:384: bad argument #1 to 'setValue' (number expected, got string)
Ruleset Warning: chat: Could not find icon (diehard)

Everything after "Mod' and "FX" is clipped off.

Going into options and selecting "All" or "GM", etc. it throws this error:

"Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:437: attempt to index local 'c' (a nil value)"

damned
February 17th, 2021, 04:39
Latest Live Update, using MoreCore, I get this:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:437: attempt to index local 'c' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:384: bad argument #1 to 'setValue' (number expected, got string)
Ruleset Warning: chat: Could not find icon (diehard)

Everything after "Mod' and "FX" is clipped off.

Going into options and selecting "All" or "GM", etc. it throws this error:

"Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_desktop.lua"]:437: attempt to index local 'c' (a nil value)"

Are you using the version uploaded to post #1 today?

Stitched
February 17th, 2021, 05:30
I hadn't. Seems to work now but it broke the links to all my images in my Campaign.

Not a big deal if it's looking elsewhere for them.

damned
February 17th, 2021, 06:03
I hadn't. Seems to work now but it broke the links to all my images in my Campaign.

Not a big deal if it's looking elsewhere for them.

can you zip up your campaign and load it up on OneDrive or Dropbox and send me a link?

Stitched
February 17th, 2021, 06:11
It just needed a reboot. Restarted the software and the links are back up. Guess it needed to "see" the Images tab, first, before pointing to the campaign's Image dir. instead of adding it inside Options, without the reboot.

bal
February 18th, 2021, 03:26
Is the MoreCore.pak attached to the first post right now version 1.60 or 1.61? The bolded text in that post still says it's 1.60, the release attribute in the root node of the included base.xml says "1.60", but the changelist in the post mentions 1.61. That was throwing me off.

damned
February 18th, 2021, 03:40
Build hasnt been updated in the file announcement - sorry.

Xarbasch
February 18th, 2021, 22:37
Hi, I prepared a campaign on tuesday 16.02.2021 and downloaded the new Ruleset from yesterday 17.02.2021. Now all my custom dice links in the charactersheet don't work anymore. When I open one of the pre-prepared characters I get in the Chatbox the following message:

s'onInit:'
s'nWidth,nHeight:'|#602|#745

When I change the size of the character window it keeps adding lines in the chatbox.

for example:
s'nWidth,nHeight:'|#602|#746
[...]

In the Log file it says the following:
[18.02.2021 22:31:27] Runtime Notice: Initializing DirectX
[18.02.2021 22:31:27] Runtime Notice: Initializing COM
[18.02.2021 22:31:27] Runtime Notice: Fantasy Grounds starting
[18.02.2021 22:31:32] Runtime Notice: Refreshing alias
[18.02.2021 22:31:32] Runtime Notice: Alias refresh result = Success
[18.02.2021 22:31:32] Runtime Notice: Host session started
[18.02.2021 22:31:41] Runtime Notice: s'aMajor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #4, s'MoreCore' = #1 } | s' aMinor: ' | { s'CoreRPG' = #1, s'MoreCore' = #60 }
[18.02.2021 22:31:41] Runtime Notice: s'onInit: registerResultHandler'
[18.02.2021 22:31:41] Runtime Notice: s'DesktopManager.showDockTitleText: Deprecated on 2021-02-01'
[18.02.2021 22:31:41] Runtime Notice: s'DesktopManager.setDockTitleFont: Deprecated on 2021-02-01'
[18.02.2021 22:31:41] Runtime Notice: s'DesktopManager.setDockTitleFrame: Deprecated on 2021-02-01'
[18.02.2021 22:31:41] Runtime Notice: s'DesktopManager.setDockTitlePosition: Deprecated on 2021-02-01'
[18.02.2021 22:31:41] Runtime Notice: s'DesktopManager.setDockIconSizeAndSpacing: Deprecated on 2021-02-01'
[18.02.2021 22:31:41] Runtime Notice: s'onInit: '

if this was'nt bad enough: All the dice don't work anymore. I keep clicking the button, but it does not respond.

Since I overwrote my old Ruleset (the one before the version from 17.02.2021): Is it possible to download the version from the days before?

I have a session tomorrow evening so help would be very appreciated.

ChefboyArdy
February 18th, 2021, 22:56
Man, you are aweomse, updating the pack so quick to make sure peoples games don't break. Your work is very appreciated.

3 cheers for the Damned.

damned
February 18th, 2021, 23:26
Hi, I prepared a campaign on tuesday 16.02.2021 and downloaded the new Ruleset from yesterday 17.02.2021. Now all my custom dice links in the charactersheet don't work anymore. When I open one of the pre-prepared characters I get in the Chatbox the following message:

Since I overwrote my old Ruleset (the one before the version from 17.02.2021): Is it possible to download the version from the days before?

I have a session tomorrow evening so help would be very appreciated.

A minor bug fix has been uploaded to Post #1.

You will need to provide something I can actually use to troubleshoot.
Ive not seen any other posts about Dice not working.
There are very likely Rolls that still need work but I have no idea what Rolls you are using.
Please export a character sheet and detailed information on how to replicate errors.
Please also post the contents of the Chat Log on startup.

A minor bug fix has been uploaded to Post #1.

I could upload an older version but it is unlikely to work as there are major changes that have occurred in CoreRPG and in the Engine.